Serial Blasts in Mumbai

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rangudu
BRFite

Re: Serial Blasts in Mumbai

Post by Rangudu »

Recent chatter and mode of attack suggest HuJI + IM
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Dmurphy wrote:Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death?
oh please, lets not be naive
Can we have another thread for CTs, speculations, accusations and frivolous posts and leave this thread strictly for news -- PLEASE?
to what end?

what good will it do?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

****** :evil:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Why do we need NSG? I thought they set up a local NSG in each of the cities after 11/26.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

shiv wrote:Pakistan army.

They want Indian mobilization so they can get more US aid and an excuse to pull out from West.

Catch 22 for India.
Even though this is a tragedy it is highly unlikely they would mobilize for this particular tragedy as the reaction would come across as too harsh in light of the statements made by GoI and the PM in the last 2 years. At best everyone will express sorrow and move on. Only those affected directly and some of us here on BRF will keep the memory alive.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

aliasgar wrote:Sorry anishns
Good thing that Patil got sacked - what an Ahole
he got that post again after laying low for a while.

meanwhile a beeb DDM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14141454
Analysis
Soutik Biswas BBC News, Delhi
So far, there is no evidence to suggest that Mumbai is under attack the way it was in November 2008. And this could easily be the handiwork of a local group.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

shyamd wrote: I was going to say this was my last day of posts on BR. Guess this changed my mind.
Any particular reason for leaving? Hope you can stay on & continue your work here.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Neela wrote:
Dmurphy wrote:This is sickening. Some of you lowlifes are using this as an opportunity to get back at the Govt/Congress for whatever reasons. Shame on you, calling yourselves Rakshaks. Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death? Which Govt want such negative attention over and above what has been happening to them in the past one year. Get a life, suckers.
Which government?
the very government which questioned integrity of one of the dead police officers. ?
the very government what has failed to get any justice for 200 odd Indians who lost their lives. earlier?
The buck stops with the GoI.
All fair in a democracy!

I feel no shame in calling a spade a spade. Whatchagonnado?

Moral policing - that aint your job here mate. So you know what to do!
Not gonna reply to this. Keep it up you, its really helping.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Aliasgar....I am from Bombay
and those are not my words.....they are from RR Patil
Please don't be over judgmental....I guess u didn't notice the emoticons along with that remark
aliasgar wrote:
anishns wrote:Bade Bade Shehron main aisi choti moti baatein hoti hain... :roll:

:evil:
I wonder if you would feel the same way if, God forbid, your loved ones were involved
Stop making stupid comments like this
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Klaus wrote:
shyamd wrote: I was going to say this was my last day of posts on BR. Guess this changed my mind.
Any particular reason for leaving? Hope you can stay on & continue your work here.
+1
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Dmurphy wrote:This is sickening. Some of you lowlifes are using this as an opportunity to get back at the Govt/Congress for whatever reasons. Shame on you, calling yourselves Rakshaks. Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death? Which Govt want such negative attention over and above what has been happening to them in the past one year. Get a life, suckers.
Purulia arms drop case - does it ring a bell? Delhi Sikh riots - another one. And many others. Wanna smell some fresh coffee?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/terro ... ../817085/
It is still not clear whether the blasts involved the use of a car and a motorcycle. There are reports that one blast happened at a bus stop.

A police official said that an IED was found in an umbrella too.

All the explosions have taken place in heavily crowded areas. The first explosion took place in south Mumbai's Zaveri Bazaar, near the famous Mumbadevi temple, in which some people were injured, said Mumbai Police spokesperson Nisar Tamboli. The bustling market also has a number of jewellery shops.

The second explosion was reported in a taxi in Dadar area, he said, while the third blast reported from Opera House in Charni Road.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

^^^ for Anishns
aliasgar wrote:
He is referring to the statement made by R R Patil the Maharshtra Home Minister after 26/11.

YES, he had actually said that. :evil:
Sorry anishns
Good thing that Patil got sacked - what an Ahole
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Klaus wrote:
+1
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AjayKK wrote:Improvised Explosive Devices used for Mumbai serial blasts: MHA.

http://twitter.com/#!/ibnlive

Another non sequitor statement. Have they ever found a non improvised explosive device? Ie factory made?

And who makes factory made bombs for terrorist attack ?

Saying IED gives the image of some isolated terrorists assembling phatakas and takes away from who sponsors those terrorists?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

BijuShet wrote:
Klaus wrote:"shyamd">>
I was going to say this was my last day of posts on BR. Guess this changed my mind.

+1
+1
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

IED , even with low intensity, if iron balls are used then casualty figure might go up. at present it is 15 D and >100 W

Response from police , ambulance, fire brig and public swift and commendable. Mumbaikars are really deserving kudos. listen to eye witness on TV, and my personal exp in past.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

brilliant police of Mumbai have done "Naakabandi" with vehicles being checked :roll:
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Vipin_Upadhyay wrote:brilliant police of Mumbai have done "Naakabandi" with vehicles being checked :roll:
I have never really understood what the objective of a 'naakabandi' is. Unless, they know who they are looking for, or a particular vehicle, what are they hoping to find ? ?

-M
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

People offering help in Mumbai to the bomb affected. : https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... omany=true

Found it on twitter. Mods please remove it if you find it inappropriate.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

ramana wrote:
AjayKK wrote:Improvised Explosive Devices used for Mumbai serial blasts: MHA.

http://twitter.com/#!/ibnlive

Another non sequitor statement. Have they ever found a non improvised explosive device? Ie factory made?

Sayinng IED gives the image of some isolated terrorists assembling phatakas and takes away from who sponsors those terrorists?
one unexploded IED found.

Also one IED concealed in umbrella had detonated.

They use things which help them in blending with the crowd avoiding suspicion.nothing hi-tech is needed . perhaps except synchronised timers and meticulous planning by single Cell for one operation.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

shiv wrote:Pakistan army.

They want Indian mobilization so they can get more US aid and an excuse to pull out from West.

Catch 22 for India.
This is the most plausible explanation for the timing of these attacks. No question in my mind. It is very tough situation for Indian govt. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Hats off to Mumbai police, emergency services and people. No panic, no fear and quick and effective action. Distinct improvement in timing and manner of response.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Dmurphy wrote: Not gonna reply to this. Keep it up you, its really helping.
Thank god you made the right choice. Dont know if I am rakshak but sure well know when and how to spot a psec nutjob!
Last edited by archan on 13 Jul 2011 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We are all upset but don't make us warn people at such a time. Keep a cool head and don't indulge in accusations/personal attacks.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Marten wrote:And if you or any other such self-proclaimed secular idiot "thinker" wishes to deny the connection between Dawood and his fathers at ISI and a particular Powerful minister, go suck an egg.
:roll:

Anyway, CM Chavan: 13 confirmed dead. 81 injured, some serious.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Mihaylo wrote:
Vipin_Upadhyay wrote:brilliant police of Mumbai have done "Naakabandi" with vehicles being checked :roll:
I have never really understood what the objective of a 'naakabandi' is. Unless, they know who they are looking for, or a particular vehicle, what are they hoping to find ? ?

-M
Never mind. its SOP and quite useful
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Chidu expected to address the press in the next 15 mins. Not expecting any startling revelations.
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

Dasari wrote: This is the most plausible explanation for the timing of these attacks. No question in my mind. It is very tough situation for Indian govt. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
In this case the GOI better go with "Damned if they do".
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

now we cant even blame...or point fingers, and revenge is definitely unreasonable in Indian terms...lets procure few more Arjuns and MMRCA's and lay eggs on them...

Mumbai will move on...opera house diamond house will be similarly crowded...and Dadar will be full of life and sweat, those bars will be open late...Life will take over...
but what about those who died and their families? Whom they will blame...no not government, might be work of local group, not the local police...nobody...We are no more than headless chickens, shame on us and those shiny toys we keep flaunting...

I am hoping tomorrow I'll be reasonable like MMS and chidambaran...
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Terrorist strikes Mumbai with impunity since 1993 and there is nothing that can be done and its a very sad state of affairs. Seems all intel , police and all state arms are as clueless about this and cannot prevent it.

RIP , Condolence to victims and their families
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

narmad wrote:
Dasari wrote: This is the most plausible explanation for the timing of these attacks. No question in my mind. It is very tough situation for Indian govt. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
In this case the GOI better go with "Damned if they do".

Either way, time for a new government.

-M
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

excellent crowd behaviour, hats-off to fellow Mumbaikars. Naakabandi causing lots of traffic, people responding well.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

What will Chidu say, "my sympathies with the people? investigations are on and we will find out who is behind this, we have also despatched special teams to other place"(all this in impeccable accent). Unless that shame of a nation of pigs is erased these things will continue
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Lets not get hysterical

if this does not get a covert retaliation set up then am nto sure what will

Its a shame that the same useless politicians are ruling

and none of them die :(

PS: looks like telephone lines are jammed
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Someone mention kabootar khana at dadar was targeted? There is a ganesh temple on that
corner & across the streeet is masjid...
Last edited by amdavadi on 13 Jul 2011 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Honestly, one cannot expect the govt to do anything about this incident. I'll be surprised if they even send dossiers. For a govt who didn't even raise a finger after the 2008 attacks, this is something that they won't spend their time on. A few days and it will be business as usual...

-M
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

NDTV reporter says an IED has been found hidden in an umbrella, has been diffused.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

ramana wrote: Another non sequitor statement. Have they ever found a non improvised explosive device? Ie factory made?

Exactly! This is not Allagadda, where the family rivalries were settled with country bombs, including ones by the notorious 'Bombula' Shiva Reddy :roll:

I'm betting HuJI, but regardless of pigLeT, JeM or HuJI, the puppetteer is the same.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

And someone in the media will come up about Mumbai's spirit and say how Mumbaikaars will stand up and continue to rise against such attacks, now do we have a choice, people who earn daily wages have to goto work come what may
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

Lots of Help calls going out on twitter
I was cursing airtel and my nokia at 7:20. was trying to call my wife and was unaware of the situation.

Those mumbaikars who are no more with us, may your Souls RIP