Serial Blasts in Mumbai

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Harish
BRFite

Re: Serial Blasts in Mumbai

Post by Harish »

Another day, another serial blast, more people dead. Same old, same old. I wonder if this time they will even bother to do an investigation.

Channels are parroting Indian Mujahideen - no mention of the fact that IM is LeT's munna.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

So will we finally hit back? :roll:
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

narmad wrote:
Dasari wrote: This is the most plausible explanation for the timing of these attacks. No question in my mind. It is very tough situation for Indian govt. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
In this case the GOI better go with "Damned if they do".
+1

Solution is to create an Indic terror arm disguised as a non-state actor, have them do the same (multiplied by 7) in LaWhore or KaraChhee - preferably targetting an elite RAPE area, or some national landmark like Badshahi Mosque built by Aurangzeb (?). Then claim responsibility, trumpeting it to the Pakis (and their IM/SIMI munnas), adding a scary mantra like "Aum Kshraum" for good effect. Pretty simple.
Last edited by Agnimitra on 13 Jul 2011 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
ajinkya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ajinkya »

Home secy- over 100 injured and 2 confirmed dead
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Am waiting with baited breadth to hear that the RSS caused this blast and this is a conspiracy of saffron terrorists.

Digvijay Singh please make some comments.
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

to hell with Digvijay Singh, why take his name and spoil this forum /topic
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

suryag wrote:What will Chidu say, "my sympathies with the people? investigations are on and we will find out who is behind this, we have also despatched special teams to other place"(all this in impeccable accent). Unless that shame of a nation of pigs is erased these things will continue
Hey, you forgot dossiers! :evil:
The sorrow of last time is yet to wane ...and now this.
Dark days ahead for GoI and rightly so!

A systemic failure of both local and central governments to gather intel and keep the city safe - SINCE 1993
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Rajiv Lather wrote:I dont bloody believe it - Chhagan Bhujbal just blamed mafia for the blasts on TV. :(
Not difficult to believe if you look at it this way - I had created this image 5-6 years ago. Politicians, mafia and terrorists use the same hit men to do their job. I am sure the man knows it.

Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

shyamd wrote:HT reporting says NSG team flying to Mumbai.
i thought there was supposed to be a NSG team already stationed in Mumbai. is this for additional NSG forces?
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

RoyG wrote:So will we finally hit back? :roll:
Yes, with dossiers! :evil: . And I hope this time the dossier (erroneously) has the picture of MMS and PC in it! :evil:
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Google map locations of blasts

Google map showing location of blasts in Zaveri bazar and at Opera house. both locations are busy area at heart of diamond / jwewllery market. Both spots are in streets that have lots of street side food vendors. the one in zaveribazar is infact called as "khau gali". Have grown up and still have house 20 meter from the spot!
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

Pratyush wrote:
Digvijay Singh please make some comments.
They have already mobilised Chhagan Bhujbal for this. He is a local boy and his statements will carry better cover.

per him on a channel, it's a job of Mafias.
sawant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sawant »

hopefully the rains may have dampened the explosions... but not much to hope for... if after all the evidence we still have a guest enjoying our hospitality in a high security prison instead of the 72 up there - not much can deter small time crooks like these ...
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Pics of the blast sites are one of the most gruesome i've ever seen. Hopefully we return the favor one day. RIP.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Kukreja wrote:
i thought there was supposed to be a NSG team already stationed in Mumbai. is this for additional NSG forces?
The NSG to be stationed in metros were supposed to be men capable of hostage rescue and anti terrorist ops if and when another Mumbai 26/11 happened. This Delhi team may be forensic experts flown in to look at the bomb sites for clues pertaining to the type and nature of the explosives. By now we may have a vast database on explosives & the types used by each group. We need to let these experts do their jobs if we want to find out who and why this happened. Making remarks against the govt etc will not help anyone. If you dont like the current GoI make sure to rally for votes for the opposition before the next election. Sloganeering now will not bring down the current Govt.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

RoyG wrote:Pics of the blast sites are one of the most gruesome i've ever seen. Hopefully we return the favor one day. RIP.
link please
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

the favor will be returned only when the RAPE family of Pasha, Kiyanahi and TSPA core kammandus is shaheedized.
daily killing of mango abdul in Fata by pakjabi army is NOT revenge.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

The place in Kabutar khana is about 30-40 meters from hanuman mandir. the road (bole marg) goes straight to siddhivinayak temple which is not very far from there. the blast in zaveri bazar too is few meters away from Mumbadevi temple. Did the IED blasted earlier than it was planned??
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

kukreja , Probably forensic guys from NSG. As mumbai is an important city, every agency usually drops in to have a look at the evidence, tactics. DGMI, Naval guys, IB, RAW, State intel, Police, ATS (from other cities).

------------------
Klaus ji et al, will answer in Nukkad.

------------------
There won't be any response to this. This is part of another 1000 cuts or whatever tactic that the puki's have. My expectation was that, if these guys were serious about a mil conflict with india, they would have come up with something massive - on the lines of 26/11.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

MHA says there will be a statement every 2 hours.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Marten wrote:MChds are trying to provoke us again??? WTF is this Kangreesi gobarmand doing? .
They are busy protecting their beloved ones in Tihar jail

K
Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

shyamd wrote:kukreja , Probably forensic guys from NSG. As mumbai is an important city, every agency usually drops in to have a look at the evidence, tactics. DGMI, Naval guys, IB, RAW, State intel, Police, ATS (from other cities).
thanks for the info.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Kukreja wrote:
NSGs in mumbai enough only for a controlling a 26/11 attacks. The ones being flown in are BDDS and blast forensic experts. May be sniffer dogs too.
Last edited by Dmurphy on 13 Jul 2011 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Milind Deora says I will repeat the same thing what i said after 26/11.Which means he is prepared fr the future blasts.
abhishekm
BRFite

Post by abhishekm »

Extremely disheartening to note hundreds of people swarming around the sites of all the bomb blasts, especially at Dadar. Police should enforce a 50-100 metre cordon around all these sites. Star News has correspondents walking in and out of the blast zones(without cameras) and coming out of the zones to report. This is unacceptable. General public should also not mill around like this- what if there are secondary explosions? Most casualties of blasts in places like Iraq are victims of secondary explosions which take place some time after the primary explosions.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Why the hell do these ******** from the media feel the need to show live videos from inside hospitals. For heavens sake, don't these SOBs have a conscience. No respect whatsoever shown to the injured.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Response from different quarters
GOI
MMS: Had a sleepless night,minorities anyways have first rights so is it with conducting such heinous acts of terror
SG: I never give statements on such trivial things
Chidu: Lots of three letter agencies looking into this, we will form another one if necessary

Congis
Diggy: Hindu groups behind this because we found one photo of a hindu god at the site
Rahul: sorry yaar busy in UP

BJP
GOI not doing enough on terror

Media wallahs
the big fight topic: should minorities be villified each time there is a bomb blast
Explosives used were low grade urea + something according to sources

Aampublic
We curse our fate

Mumbai Police
We found the kingpin

Javed Akhtar and other leftist WKKs
We condemn it let us have a candle light chain
Last edited by suryag on 13 Jul 2011 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Its NSG forensic teams. they have a nationwide DB so its important they are there early to secure evidence
ajinkya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ajinkya »

Chidambaram says 13 dead and 81 injured :evil: toll may rise. CFSL teams from Delhi and Hyderabad on way to Mumbai to assist in post blast investigations
------------------------------------------------------------
Prithiviraj Chavan to Times now:
1. 17 confirmed dead
2. Confirmation of only 3 blasts ,occurence of 4th mere speculation
3. NO COMMENTS on being asked whether the State government had received any intel warnings... says neccassary info will be shared at an appropriate time :x
Last edited by ajinkya on 13 Jul 2011 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Muppalla wrote:May God give strength to Mumbaites and I am sure like always the resilient Mumbaikars will get back to life in few hours with the Mumbai spirit.
YES

This is what our "leaders" in Delhi want form Mumbai. " the resilient Mumbaikars will get back to life in few hours with the Mumbai spirit" and the Delhiwallahs get army & police protection.

After all these small things happen in every major city. Remember ? Aise chote mohte hadsa to bade shahar main hote rate hain !!!

Who said these famous words ?

K
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A few days I ago I made a post (can't locate it now) that went something like this
shiv wrote: Why has there been a decrease in the number of terror attacks? The possibilities are
1. Aman ki tamasha is working
2. US is paying Pakistan not to attack
3. Pakistan has had change of heart
I think No 2 above is correct.

There was a bomb blast on railway tracks in Assam one day after I made that post. And now this.
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

Deora on NDTV: India has been a victim of a 'sort of' proxy war......
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Mihaylo wrote:Multiple sets of dossiers are already being created and will be mailed out soon. We will respond with full vigor against this mischief and mischief makers. These miscreants will be bought to justice.

Sigh :(
.... These miscreants will be bought to justice as soon as we bring the 1992 bomb blasts miscreants.

K
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

shiv wrote:A few days I ago I made a post (can't locate it now) that went something like this
shiv wrote: Why has there been a decrease in the number of terror attacks? The possibilities are
1. Aman ki tamasha is working
2. US is paying Pakistan not to attack
3. Pakistan has had change of heart
I think No 2 above is correct.

There was a bomb blast on railway tracks in Assam one day after I made that post. And now this.
+1 to shiv
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Yeah Hakimji I dont like you because of the nazar you put in that post of yours
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Once they identify RDX or other high explosive its not an IED. Its a manufactured bomb with supplies from state sponsors.

Have they resolved Varanasi blast? :?:

Also is it by those dropped from UPA cabinet?
Rumors had that Pawar had a hand in Mumbai riots after 1992 to weaken Naik the CM.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

in most other countries, right now - people would be putting their political views aside and focusing instead on supporting their police, armed forces and leaders to find out what happened and bring the perpetrators to justice. anger would be focused outwards. the time for blame is later.

c'mon BRF, you can do better
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Cell phone networks are working. Just spoke to my father. He and my mother (aged 79 and 76) were actually shopping at Dadar Market, near Kabootarkhana. They heard one of the devices go off, a car bomb, and felt the blast wave from about 100m away. My parents were unharmed, for which I thank the gods, but (as could be expected) Kabootarkhana was extremely crowded and casualties are bound to be high. :( Police were very professional in clearing the area of those not injured, so as to assist victims and collect forensic evidence efficiently.
Last edited by Rudradev on 13 Jul 2011 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Damned if we do and damned if we don't: The end result will be that we all will get used to these blasts. We will create a attirition model. If the dead and injured are less than X then just move on. If it is between x and y then do A. If it is more than Y then do B.

A and B are regarding what kind of statements we should give. If anyone is arrested should we press for charges or should we give bail.

From a top level leadership - Try not to blame Pak as much as possible. If not possible blame it and wait for six months before Sharm-el-shake is resumed.

A lot folks may not like this post but this exactly the same that is happening for the past 15 years. Just becuse we bring politics doesn't mean we are not sensitive to dead.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

narmad wrote:Screw the Peace Process
Screw US WOT
and most imp SCREW Pakistan.

The GOI Should react strongly
YES

MMS & Kangaroo arse are going to send a VERY STRONG LETTER to pakistan.

K

PS I said letter NOT French Letter