India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Postby vishvak » 11 Jan 2014 15:19

shyam wrote:Looks like US had ratified VCCR and then withdrawn.

International Instruments

:rotfl: this when UN is headquartered in NY. It is amazing how NY and SD can throw Rulebook at all but fact remains that even this uniform application is only for few. It is difficult to imagine no one knew a thing about diplomatic immunity when UN is headquartered in NY for decades, but SoP for NY and diplomatic security involves NY style arrest, of Indian lady diplomat dropping kids to school.

All this high standard SoP didn't work in case of arrest of Indian diplomat's daughter after some Chinese student was caught during investigation! The only standard seems to be, including in NY where UN is headquartered, is what is mentioned in NY style SoP of arrest.

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby rohitvats » 11 Jan 2014 16:24

There is one thing I'm happy about - the maid did not get to make any money out of it. Sure, she and family are in USA and all that but the attempt at extortion failed.

Overall, I think we did well in the circumstances...but we must ensure all the non reciprocal measures extended to US Embassy staff are withdrawn and stay that way.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 16:38

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Postby Arjun » 11 Jan 2014 16:46

^^^ This is bizarre... The US has started posting human filth in the guise of diplomats ! Alicia May should have been expelled a year earlier. And she remains untouched by India !!
Last edited by Arjun on 11 Jan 2014 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Postby Gerard » 11 Jan 2014 16:49

Utter nonsense. US disinformation being spread via PTI for Indian domestic consumption. If they were closely following this and found it stupid, it would have ended the next day.

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Postby Gerard » 11 Jan 2014 16:56

She is a diplomat? A first secretary? The low quality of staffing indicates how highly the US state department really values their relationship with India.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:01

She claims she had diplomatic immunity: -

Last edited by anmol on 11 Jan 2014 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

member_28108
BRFite

Postby member_28108 » 11 Jan 2014 17:06

Is this the expelled Guy (Wayne May).

Wonder why everyone is so secretive about his name initially.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... leave.html

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby vishvak » 11 Jan 2014 17:09

lol passing value judgements against vegetarians in India- and not against vegetarians in USA! One of the most absurd nonsense ever came across, coming from diplomat level personnel of superpower USA.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:14

prasannasimha wrote:Is this the expelled Guy (Wayne May).

Wonder why everyone is so secretive about his name initially.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... leave.html

He is a marine.

They have pictures from this event(with all the marines) in husband/wife's profiles.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:16

Brianna May is the daughter :-

RKumar
BRFite

Postby RKumar » 11 Jan 2014 17:17

Singha wrote:>> National Coalition of South Asian Organisations (NCSO), which comprises of nearly four dozen rights bodies.

seems to be quite the sunrise industry if south asians themselves have 4 dozen bodies devoted to human rights alone.

I would say, all NGO which are registered should apply to renew their status every year. Any NGO found doing anything stupid or against national interests should be dissolved to void.

member_28108
BRFite

Postby member_28108 » 11 Jan 2014 17:18

Hubby may leave and she can get arrested here for tax fraud !!

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 11 Jan 2014 17:19

Shouldn't all these facts be shared on social media? Pardon my ignorance for I stay away from teetar and FB.
Last edited by pankajs on 11 Jan 2014 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Postby vina » 11 Jan 2014 17:21

Gosh. I think this racist trash Alicia Muller May should be exposed ,shamed and kicked out, just like that other racist diplomat who at IIT Madras had the gall to think it was joke to say "I was dark and dirty like a Tamilian" and got her a** kicked by the Dravidian parties and got pulled out .

Maybe, some of the "self respect" equivalent of the Tamilian parties puts up this racist trash's poster in a giant bill board overlooking the US embassy , and gives a heads up to the TV cameras and the world media.

Let us see how NY Times and Wa Po and the CNNs and the BBCs of the world play that one.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 11 Jan 2014 17:23

that facebook exchange on veg makes it very clear their sneering and disrespectful attitude toward the host country and its people.
these people have no contact with the real india barring their own scared security guards, mali, driver ever terrified of when memsahib will throw a tantrum and get them blacklisted in the consulate employment circuit. a tall cold one by the ACSA swimming pool , a crate of drinks duty free , that they can do. but thats it.

these people are utterly useless even from US pov of building any relationships here if that is part of the intent of embassy staff. maybe the bright ones get posted in other places and the Raj type dregs fight to get a indian posting and enjoy the indolent lifestyle and perks. I find it hard to believe avg level of consulate staff is this bad. I mean Khan sahib is a superpawa on the backs of these people :shock:

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:24

vina wrote:Gosh. I think this racist trash Alicia Muller May should be exposed ,shamed and kicked out, just like that other racist diplomat who at IIT Madras had the gall to think it was joke to say "I was dark and dirty like a Tamilian" and got her a** kicked by the Dravidian parties and got pulled out .

Maybe, some of the "self respect" equivalent of the Tamilian parties puts up this racist trash's poster in a giant bill board overlooking the US embassy , and gives a heads up to the TV cameras and the world media.

Let us see how NY Times and Wa Po and the CNNs and the BBCs of the world play that one.

There is LOT of the usual "holy sacred cows" "dirty air" "people shitting in river"... that kind of comments on her/husbands profile. Similar comments from other people working for state department.

Usual "third world" "uncivilized world"..

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 11 Jan 2014 17:24

I was appalled by a diplomat speaking so poorly of her host country openly.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 11 Jan 2014 17:27

pankajs wrote:Shouldn't all these facts be shared on social media? Pardon my ignorance for I stay away from teetar and FB.

Just wait and watch. The usual American apologists will defend this behaviour.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 11 Jan 2014 17:27

Gerard wrote:She is a diplomat? A first secretary? The low quality of staffing indicates how highly the US state department really values their relationship with India.

Considering what all the US media outlet are writing about us for over a month, what his stupid lady was writing was nothing. US people believe in US exceptionalisum just like brits few decades back. It is for us to grow stronger economically and match them in all aspects. It is not so difficult. Just do not listen to APP and NAC type traitors.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:28

In their own words they smuggled stuff:-

Last edited by anmol on 11 Jan 2014 17:32, edited 4 times in total.

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Postby Arjun » 11 Jan 2014 17:30

anmol wrote:There is LOT of the usual "holy sacred cows" "dirty air" "people shitting in river"... that kind of comments on her/husbands profile. Similar comments from other people working for state department.

Usual "third world" "uncivilized world"..

This is much, much worse than even the DK affair !! A country like the US does not even have as SOP that its diplomats should remain respectful in their public comments about the host country, whatever their private thoughts might be.....Seriously appalled.

RKumar
BRFite

Postby RKumar » 11 Jan 2014 17:33

SSridhar wrote:I was appalled by a diplomat speaking so poorly of her host country openly.

I think we need to publish such posts ... so that mango people on the street and internet can learn (like me) about so called civilised people.

Can we have special threads for each so called first countries, where we can collect general knowledge country wise which we (mango people) can use to kick their butts during meetings. :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by RKumar on 11 Jan 2014 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Rony
BRF Oldie

Postby Rony » 11 Jan 2014 17:34

Bravo Anmol and BR. The kind of open source intel i find in BR on India related things, i don't find it anywhere. In media and social media, people are still banging their heads whether Sangeeta Richards and her in law's links with the white trash Wayne family, Uzra Zeya and US embassy in general has any role to play in all this episode while BR has figured that eons back.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 17:35

Haha, India is so smelly that even her feet smell better :-

This is coming from "Head Community Liason Officer" at Embassy in New Delhi

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 11 Jan 2014 17:36

Guys with social media accounts please start spreading these jpegs.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 11 Jan 2014 17:37

RKumar wrote:
SSridhar wrote:I was appalled by a diplomat speaking so poorly of her host country openly.

I think we need to publish such posts ... so that mango people on the street and internet can learn (like me) about so called civilised people.

Can we have special threads for each so called first countries, where we can collect general knowledge country wise which we (mango people) can use to kick their butts during meetings. :mrgreen: :lol:

After DK's humiliation and the condescending write ups in US press, I have started my personal effort to highlight the great works of the most civilized society in the "Understanding US" thread.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 11 Jan 2014 17:38

This lady's presence in India has now become indefensible.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 11 Jan 2014 17:40

^^
Needs to be highlighted saar for it to be effective. Does anyone have any contact in MSM? This can be a heck of a story coming as it is after DK's humiliation.

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 11 Jan 2014 17:44

BTW can we read the husband critter's posts... What goat droppings of wisdom does he have to offer us?
In addition lets get ALL the names of the racist tripe posters and evidences before we start shooting. So for now hold our fire. We can google to see how many are diplomutts later. Let us first gather the evidence. This should be causus belle to have atleast 5-10 of their brethren declared PNG.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 18:00

Here you go:-

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 18:01

What a zoo India is :-

Sanjay
BRFite

Postby Sanjay » 11 Jan 2014 18:03

Who do we know in the press ?

This is an NDTV story.

We are being cruel to the poor American diplomats. They hate the place, don't want to be there.

Why not ask SD to do the humanitarian thing and evacuate them home ?

One thing - if somebody has full immunity - can't really arrest and charge them with any practical degree of sense. In the wilds of Chhatisgarh, maybe (cops can claim that they don't know what immunity is and hold them for days until embassy acts !).

Anyone in the US embassy is therefore protected from almost anything.

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 11 Jan 2014 18:09

^^^I guess no one in this crowd. Best guess is to gather evidence. Release them to people and journalists on teetar. Bombard them with broken up chunks of this info. Somebody will pick it up. Try regional journalists also. Some politicians too. Thats the best I guess people on BRF can do.
Last edited by member_28352 on 11 Jan 2014 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 18:10

Last edited by anmol on 11 Jan 2014 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

anmol
BRFite

Postby anmol » 11 Jan 2014 18:13

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Postby Arjun » 11 Jan 2014 18:13

pandyan wrote:
Arjun wrote:Its idiot NRIs ... will remain the larger problem for India.

Arjun sahib - that is a very profound/broadbrush statement.

Any reason you edited my full sentence ? What I stated and what I stand by is that it is a subset of NRIs and RNIs that is likely to be a larger problem than GOTUS - which IMO will ultimately recognize that reciprocity is the basis of any strategic relationship.

Raja
BRFite

Postby Raja » 11 Jan 2014 18:23

Some of these pearls should really, really, really be out there in the media. I hope someone here has enough pull in the social media/traditional media to ignite the fire.

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Postby Arjun » 11 Jan 2014 18:24

pandyan wrote:Here is your full post. if you want to put disclaimers like "subset of NRIs" then say so when you write it. Dont claim "subset" crap after somebody catches you.

Considering I was a long-time NRI myself, kind of unlikely that I would be calling myself an idiot...I would have thought the intent was quite clear in my post. If it is not, let me state again that "idiot NRIs" and "Idiot RNIs" is intended to refer to a subset of NRIs and RIs - which I believe to be more problematic than GOTUS.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 11 Jan 2014 18:28

Arjun, choose words carefully. Intent alone may not matter. Edit your post appropriately now.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”