India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by chaanakya »

g.sarkar wrote:I thought GOI asked that Wayne May be sent home as a result of the US requesting that Dr. K. leave. Now, some papers are reporting that the wife Alicia Muller May has also been deported. How did this happen. Was that a voluntary deportation?
Gautam
That is correct Wayne May was expelled because USA asked India to withdraw DK. Alicia May , being wife of Wayne May, left on her ow. It is another matter that racist comments of May Couple made their position and stay in India and , perhaps in Foreign Service in another country, untenable. There is no voluntary or involuntary deportation in case of Alicia May.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Nesoj wrote:and the screws keep on slowly turning ... tighter & tighter ...

MEA summons US envoy over school tax fraud

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/mea-summons-us-envoy-over-school-tax-fraud/article1-1174106.aspx
Why is MEA calling upon US embassy for explanation when the school is independent? I do not think we demand an explanation from the US embassy when coca-cola or pepsi break or are supposed to have broken Indian law. Shouldn't the School administrators be called directly by the investigating agency for explanation and action?

Of course if the US embassy may want to intercede of behalf of the school it is their call. I am fine with US embassy being on touch with MEA on matters related to the school established based on an inter-governmental agreement but that should have been on a separate track.

May be there still are two tracks, one between the law enforcement agencies and the school and the other between the MEA and US embassy but it is not clear based of the reports.
AjitK
BRFite

Post by AjitK »

@sisir_gupta - Devyani K. has made it known to her superiors that she wants the Americas desk in South Block.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

pankajs wrote:Why is MEA calling upon US embassy for explanation when the school is independent? I do not think we demand an explanation from the US embassy when coca-cola or pepsi break or are supposed to have broken Indian law. Shouldn't the School administrators be called directly by the investigating agency for explanation and action?
May be the GoI is not buying the US SD claim that the embassy had nothing to do with the AES. After all, GoI can dig up old records from 1952 (?) when the school was supposedly started.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

AjitK wrote:
@sisir_gupta - Devyani K. has made it known to her superiors that she wants the Americas desk in South Block.
That will rule out her being a deep cover mole for CIA.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

AjitK wrote:
I am all for her being given the Americas desk at MEA. However what wrong did then Neena Malhotra do to be banished to the Archives section. Her only fault seems to have been to refuse same sex visa to another Amirkhan diplomutt.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

SSridhar wrote:
pankajs wrote:Why is MEA calling upon US embassy for explanation when the school is independent? I do not think we demand an explanation from the US embassy when coca-cola or pepsi break or are supposed to have broken Indian law. Shouldn't the School administrators be called directly by the investigating agency for explanation and action?
May be the GoI is not buying the US SD claim that the embassy had nothing to do with the AES. After all, GoI can dig up old records from 1952 (?) when the school was supposedly started.
Exactly .. I am sure that the GOI has some prior communication from US embassy / SD claiming the exact reverse of what is being claimed now i.e the US embassy school is part of the US embassy and most of the privileges accorded to the embassy extends to the school and most of the privileges accorded to the embassy diplomats extends to the school staff too.

As I have stated before, the need for GOI/MEA is to be transparent and put such communication in public domain either directly or via leak. I would prefer a direct refutation of the US SD statement. Just look at the headlines. GOI/MEA still hasn't learned how to play the public perception game or are they deliberately underplaying it?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

AjitK wrote:
well , while we may like her to be functional we would not like her personal experiences to prejudice decision making process. I don't think she would get that posting nor is it desirable. let institutional setup take care of systemic problems in diplomatic relations. Her personal issue of husband and children are for her to solve.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

pankajs wrote:[quote="SSridhar]
Exactly .. I am sure that the GOI has some prior communication from US embassy / SD claiming the exact reverse of what is being claimed now i.e the US embassy school is part of the US embassy and most of the privileges accorded to the embassy extends to the school and most of the privileges accorded to the embassy diplomats extends to the school staff too.

As I have stated before, the need for GOI/MEA is to be transparent and put such communication in public domain either directly or via leak. I would prefer a direct refutation of the US SD statement. Just look at the headlines. GOI/MEA still hasn't learned how to play the public perception game or are they deliberately underplaying it?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

There is intergovernmental agreement with USG and GOI to start AES in 1973. Now if Embassy claims that it is not run by them then of course this will have to be confirmed by Diplomatic note verbale after which India can serve diplomatic demarche to stop AES from functioning within USG diplomatic property. This , of course , can not be entered by GOI except for emergency situations.

GOI can also freeze accounts of those which were used for money laundering and tax evasion. Visa fraud is a seperate issue.

Paul B Chmelik would be held responsible for all criminal and illegal activities of AES as and when Embassy disowns the school.

There are other issues such as Teachers engaged by the school have to have DTed , BEd and MEd qualifications before being employed to teach in India( exemption would be application only for those 16 permitted). RTE and Delhi School act would be applicable and failure to follow various provisions would entail closure notice at the end of semester and no new admission, henceforth.

If Embassy disowns the school then there is no diplomatic immunity for many of the consular staff or their family members. And money laundering and tax evasion and visa fraud are serious crimes with no bail in sight as well. Those with diplomatic immunity can be quitely asked to be withdrawn without making any issue.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I personally think that there is an elephant in the room that remains unseen. There appears a reluctance on the part of the US to give information on how much everyone is being paid maybe because Indians are not being paid as much as equivalent American staff. Possible? If so imagine the repercussions.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Lisa wrote:I personally think that there is an elephant in the room that remains unseen. There appears a reluctance on the part of the US to give information on how much everyone is being paid maybe because Indians are not being paid as much as equivalent American staff. Possible? If so imagine the repercussions.
That is quite obvious. They said they are paying Indian staff better than what they would be paid locally. Comparison with US teachers would certainly show them in poor light and charge of wage disparity under same work same pay could be leveled.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

That can easily be resolved by calling for the banking records. Once the salary disparity is apparent start calling the Indian employees and record their statement/testimony in-front of a magistrate. Start filing FIRs and call the school board members and administrators to explain the racial discrimination and start squeezing their b@lls. Same work but unequal pay just based on the color of the skin. That will expose a lot of sensitive points.

There are enough convoluted labour laws in India to really apply pressure. After all the school being independent of the embassy and therefore special protection should then operate in India like any other US concern.
Last edited by pankajs on 18 Jan 2014 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

chaanakya wrote: If Embassy disowns the school then there is no diplomatic immunity for many of the consular staff or their family members.
There should be no exemption to family members of the consular staff. let us remember the Kruttika case where the US claimed 'no immunity' to her. Pure reciprocity.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

This school thing could be put on slow motion, as 31st or 7th approaches, till the issue could be more exploited by US MSM, and after that we can open our cards, right now it is being projected by them as vindictive in nature . The tax and visa fraud is not getting traction in aam abdul of Khans, let us see the cards of PB how he is going to defend the arrest of DK, whether he would openly say that vccr or UN immunity are not valid and DK has to follow UA laws or he is going to say that he was not aware of UN immunity to DK, so let us keep the case on suspension, as the DK has alredy been indicted.

What the judge is going to rule? These are all the questions keeping the issue still very interesting. Why nobody from US is giving up or trying to put some sense into the Brain of PB? Why nobody is saying King doesnt have clothes. Atleast in that story someone puts sense into the King. Or is it what we expect out of our Cognitive Dissonance?

How can PB even explain to aam Amirkhan that DK escaped due to her connections, while his press briefing claims that he will not allow that. Or is he still adamant to bring the full force of Amirkhan law onto a 'abala', what is his hope?

In Transaction Analysis, Eric Berne says the ego state of 'Little Professor' combined with 'Adaptive Child' could lead to naive Adventurism without any regard to available data. Is that the reason why he could not anticipate that DK could show her middle finger and escaped, proving him wrong(little professor ego state) eventhough he acted as MUTU (Adaptive Child) . Does he have any (Adult ego atate at all. A Transactoon Anal
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

A Transactional analysis on PB would be very interesting
Nesoj
BRFite

Post by Nesoj »

If it was such an 'open & shut' case as PB initially pronounced from the rooftops when he arrested DK, then his current request for extension to respond
"necessary to thoroughly address the complex legal issues and extensive relevant facts raised by the defendant's motion."
ls nothing but hunting for straws or is he accepting that he did not address all the 'complex legal issues' before the arrest
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

When DK's attorney asked for extension for the start of the trial, the DA refused that which meant he as ready with everything.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

is he accepting that he did not address all the 'complex legal issues' before the arrest

Sure seems that way, don't it? See the words relevant facts Maybe on "complex issues" like diplomatic immunity he needs to have the books read to him, real slowly. Interesting response.
MOST interesting that the Judge did not summarily toss out the motion, saying that the issue of immunity had been settled against the defendant previously.

Also, wonder whether saner heads are exerting influence at least at this late stage, and PB is feeling a garam gaddi. Next pompous pronouncement about "LAW HAS TO TAKE ITS COURSE" could find 16 Embassy spouses in Tihar with their cavities Certified All Clear b4 the sun sets.

I have a few points to clarify, some re: the letter I posted from my email:

1. The AES is cited as being on an ADJACENT property, not INSIDE the embassy grounds. Could someone pls clarify? Use Google? Do US Marines guard the AES entrance as well, might be the deciding criterion.

2. Did Richards the US Embassy chaffeur, have a salary that allowed him to sock away INR 30,000, or $573 (whichever way the contract was written) every month AFTER taxes and all living expenses? I need this info - how much does a chaffeur make in Dilli? I bet the US Embassy didn't pay more than what they had to pay, since the Prestige was so big.

3. What hours was Mr. Richards "on call"? Just 10AM to 3pm M-Thu like the Visa Aphsars? Or 6AM to 3AM to bring the drunks home, having to hang around in odd places all day the rest of the time, as is the lot of most chaffeurs of pompous people?

4. Ramana, noted that some desi may have come forward as having introduced SR to DK. But that's fine, the population of US-paid desis in Dilli is probably large, proves nothing. Obviously Alycia would not have called up Devyani to give the reco. Hope I have not missed something?

5. Revealing salaries may be held up because the US hubbies would anyway show up with double salaries, since their bibis' AES salaries would also go under their account. Nancy Powell may have gone into shock seeing salaries far above hers, and demanded a raise for herself. :rotfl:

6. I HOPE MEA is waiting for the "evacuation" of the Ticking 14 before unloading big-time on the AES and other scams.

7. Is the basic premise of the letter sound? My instinct says so. Read

White House Grand Gala Event and see if it doesn't trigger the Pakistan Fragrance Alert. See the timing. It runs so true to form with the genius of the BO Administration and its mean, racist leftist lobby. THAT's where the sheer meanness and idiocy of this whole thing came from. It took years of preparation, obviously, to develop a Federal anything.
Nesoj
BRFite

Post by Nesoj »

I have compiled a list of the unilateral privileges revoked / under inquiry by the GOI currently. Would anyone know of anything else ?

A) Revoked

i) Staff & Family Privileges
a) diplomatic privileges of ALL family members of embassy & consular staff revoked
b) diplomatic privileges of consular staff downgraded to immunity only for official work
c) their vehicles not exempt from GOI laws
d) personal effects import restricted to the first 6 months of posting as per Vienna Conventions (downgraded from earlier unilateral 'any time' during posting)

ii) American Community Support Association
a) all 'commercial activities stopped, effective 16th Jan. Import duties and commercial taxes applicable if non diplomats are permitted.
b) access permitted only to US Diplomatic staff
c) Duty free imports of food and alcohol restricted to the 'US quota'
d) 40 other embassies not permitted to hand over their import quota to US but will need to import individually, if required.

iii) Security
a) illegal barriers and security blocks set up by US embassy removed from public roads

B) Under Investigation

i) American School
a) cases of 16 wives of teachers working illegally - VISA fraud / income tax fraud
b) cases of spouses / dependents of diplomatic staff working illegally - VISA fraud / income tax fraud
c) running a private school and evading taxes -
d) disparity in wages of US & Indian teachers

ii) American Community Support Association
a) cases of spouses / dependents of diplomatic staff working illegally - VISA fraud / income tax fraud
b) running a commercial establishment and evading taxes

iii) US Embassy
a) misuse of tax free tickets by purchasing it for non-diplomatic staff / Indian nationals

Questions ??
1) family members of all US diplomats earlier enjoyed 'full privileges'. Would this include 'tax free' tickets ? What could be the current status, now that their 'diplomatic status' is withdrawn ?

2) 40 countries (read most of the mullah nations) used to import their pork and booze thro' the US club. Now that this privilege is withdrawn (and they unable to 'openly' import booze), would this not create animosity from the diplomats of the 40 countries ?

news of any other action taken / being investigated will be appreciated
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Privileged access to airport facilities, waiving of security checks.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

U forgot: Spike in demand for clean VIP underwear and diapers from US Embassy since (per TSJ) they expect to be on Prime Time Cavity Search. If GOI imposes duty on imports of that :eek:
Nesoj
BRFite

Post by Nesoj »

Richards Junior (the drunken driver) was a driver in the Mozambique Embassy - not US

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... government
Ms.Richards husband Philip Richards, who worked as a driver in Mozambique embassy in Delhi, along with her two children were whisked to the US.

The Richards senior were attached to the Embassy villa which housed the Mays .. handyman/cook/maid/ etc etc ... could be even the guy (gardener) featured next to Paco. Which if correct, would mean that the Mays were giving him less protein than Paco :(( :((
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:Privileged access to airport facilities, waiving of security checks.

What possessed our guys to do such a stupid and dangerous thing??

awe of the white skin by desi coconuts??
Ashwin B
BRFite

Post by Ashwin B »

Why is Richards called a drunk driver? UK (or was it DK at the time of departure?) seems to have mentioned it.
Other than that we've not really read any official report that he was ever convicted of drunk driving.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

chaanakya wrote:Her personal issue of husband and children are for her to solve.
No saar we must bring back the childrens and make sure they are brought up in India itself we must not leave our people out their in the open to fend off for themselves when they need us most. As for the husband I am not sure how will he react but since her childrens were born in India they definitely deserve to be brought back. We must back our people to the hilt.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

I hope someone based in Nai Dilli is able to give the information Ulan Batorji is asking.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Nesoj wrote:Richards Junior (the drunken driver) was a driver in the Mozambique Embassy - not US

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... government
Ms.Richards husband Philip Richards, who worked as a driver in Mozambique embassy in Delhi, along with her two children were whisked to the US.

The Richards senior were attached to the Embassy villa which housed the Mays .. handyman/cook/maid/ etc etc ... could be even the guy (gardener) featured next to Paco. Which if correct, would mean that the Mays were giving him less protein than Paco :(( :((
K is for Kunayl, m driver! Kunal literally is the savior of my family in India. He knows every in-and-out in Delhi and can get us to any random street known to man. He has worked with foreign diplomats as a driver for many years. Kunal speaks English well and works well with the family. Even Paco, my 100 lb. Doberman likes him! I don’t know what my family would do with out him (probably hide in the house and never venture out).
Read rest of ABCD's at daughters blog https://app.box.com/s/kral4w6nr7mbnkgtjox4
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

TKiran wrote:This school thing could be put on slow motion, as 31st or 7th approaches, till the issue could be more exploited by US MSM, and after that we can open our cards, right now it is being projected by them as vindictive in nature . The tax and visa fraud is not getting traction in aam abdul of Khans, let us see the cards of PB how he is going to defend the arrest of DK, whether he would openly say that vccr or UN immunity are not valid and DK has to follow UA laws or he is going to say that he was not aware of UN immunity to DK, so let us keep the case on suspension, as the DK has alredy been indicted.....
Errr..what PB does or does not do is irrelevant. We are giving too much credence to PB. Tax fraud case against AES should continue regardless of PB's response. After the taxman collects all tax dues, I would imagine in thousands of crores then their arrest and release should a bargaining chip. Remember, DK was arrested then GoI paid 1.5 crores to get out. Her release was a bargaining chip..
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Mighty Mouse or pipsqueak?
http://freepressjournal.in/mighty-mouse-or-pipsqueak/

and

Government to investigate status of Edward Snowden's visit to India in 2010
http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... s-capacity
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Since there was no response from SD on the July/August 26th accreditation of DK to UN, India should raise the further need for UN offices to be based out of NY when US withdrew its ratification of VCCR, is there a reciprocal basis here? another factor is NSA surveillance, with UN being one of the prime targets, what used to be covert is now overt still nobody speaks out

Everytime SD says these are highly technical and complex questions, like Amber G. says, it reminds us of why grand masters of Chess usually accept defeat way earlier than going through the rest of the mechanical motions like amateurs do and come to the same conclusion

-------------
Sangeetaji would chit-chat about her hubby with DK wouldn't she? the drunkard driver cannot be a designated driver for any country's diplomats, moreover the whole family of the maid is engaged in ancillary employment activities with foreign Embassies in India points to a broader hiring racket, whoever has come forward in this regard has lot more to say, just don't involve Delhi police.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

There could be big spy ring using maids in Diplomats' houses.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

There was report of the maid leaving her drunk husband and returning upon finding out she was expecting.
UB, agreed about the need for interlocutors to propose the maid. My point is that interlocutor is not unknown and showed by interrogated to find out how and why she proposed the maid.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KrishnaK wrote:What the US media says, or what you think they say is irrelevant. Let's discuss weird. Desi emigrants, whether students or otherwise, do so mostly for lack of better opportunities. India isn't doing anybody a favour, least of all herself, by letting all those people emigrate. For a country like India to have emigrant repatriation as a major source of foreign exchange (at one point in time) to then go and say
Quote:
let's analyze how we're doing you a favour by letting all those smart people emigrate to your country
is not weird at all. Let's say you do go ahead and analyze and the contribution ends up being epic. What then ? There quite a bit of news out there that acknowledges that already. If I were the US I'd be :rotfl: laughing my ass off.
I actually made the clear point (which would be obvious to anyone thinking clearly) that these folks contribute talent & also bring in hard $$ to the US. Something which clearly counts against the propaganda the US media says - and what they say does count, despite your desperate attempt to underplay it, since they too are pushing only a point of view that is fed to them for obvious reasons.

And there are several countries out there willing to pick up hard earned Indian money for their education systems. Go figure. Apparently, merely asking for these figures to be analyzed, makes you have a fit.

If the facts were so well known, we wouldn't have the vast majority of reports about how the Indian relationship with the US is all about US access to the Indian market, Indian IT industry & the PRC. And how 2 in the above automatically balances out 1 and 3.

Heck when the reports of attacks on Indian students in Australia came out & the numbers re: those students spending came about, it pretty much shut up all the racist diatribe about Indians going there for better opportunities alone, immigrants etc which the Aussie Aussie crowd was pushing. And incidentally quite similar to how your statements have shaped up so far.

As regards "laughing my ass off", I'd say many in the forum are laughing their ass off both at the US media & the folks who desperately try to either spin away the indefensible or try to reduce the perceived impact of anything & everything perceived as "anti American". Go figure in which crowd you belong.
Do enlighten me, tere analysis ko lekar kya ukhadega tu ?
Jo ukhad lenge woh ukhad lenge, tera kya hain, magar yeh zaroor lagta hain ki teri bahut jal rahin hain.
et me phrase this differently. My fondness for the US is pretty open. It isn't something I've tried to hide. You'll get lots of other chances to take that swipe. This one is self defeating.
LOL, from "lets leave my motivations out of this", now you are down to "my fondness for the US is pretty open" and "you'll get plenty of other chances"..

Guess what, you want to carry the water for somebody else, go ahead. Dont expect it wont be pointed out on BRF, with an emphasis on Bharat.

Its clear that your "fondness" for the US has made you lose your goldarn marbles and have you jumping up & down like a jackrabbit whenever any topic re: the US comes & any perceived affront to the US comes front.

In the meantime, don't waste my time with your zealotry re: the US or your fondness or whatever you cloak it as.
Last edited by Karan M on 18 Jan 2014 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thanks. The other big unknown is, on what charges were the husband (and /or child) taken into custody by Dilli Polis, and having done that, why were they released? You can't arrest someone saying: "your wife is absconding from her employer's residence 10,000 miles away", hey? So there was a charge enough for an arrest. Important to know what happened there - and why they were released - and then, incredibly, allowed to leave on a T-visa.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridhar wrote:Time sees NaMo as "America's Other India Problem" - New Indian Express
The attitude, "what should we do if Modi wins" reeks of condescension, but thats expected anyway. But I think its manageable. Reason being that US will get most of what it wants from India even by keeping a potential Modi PM at arm's length.

Reason Modi cannot be feted like munna MMS is because a PM Modi represents Hindu nationalism, and by appearing to side with Hindu nationalists, US sure loses the goodwill of all "South Asia" Muslims. India TSP (that connotes Muslims) equal equal is the corner stone of US "South Asia" policy. For sure, TSP RAPE and their terrorist proxies will be thrown into a tizzy if an India under Modi and US were to get too cozy.

Also, recall, there were Muslim and other traitors in India who wrote to Obama to treat Modi like a pariah. I mean the same Muslims who in private loathe US for its Muslims policies elsewhere in the world and in their hearts know that US has nothing but contempt for Muslims (Obama has to prove everyday to Americans that he is not a closet Muslim). Thus, as is US wont, showing superficial "respect" to India's Muslims is one way to counter the reality that indeed US is in a civilizational tussle with Islam. And doing so by dis-respecting Modi (and hence Hindus) is a very effective strategy that has no substantive costs per se to US.
Last edited by CRamS on 18 Jan 2014 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB, You saw "Inception"? We dont know all the facts. It could be multiple games at play. The simplest is the Mays decided for whatever reasons to select DK and entrap her using the maid to bring about trafficking charges. And got SD total approval as everything up to arrest was in the SD tlll DOJ had to be called in to prosecute DK.
The more complex is a spy ring was being run with maids and GOI swapped the Richards family thinking that was the end of it. But got surprised with the arrest and brutal behavior of the BDS via USMS.

off course not knowing what the left hand is doing is always there. But after Rabinder Singh's escapade not likely.

The truth is at either end.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ramana wrote:The hallmark of minions is to hint darkly about retaliation and other egregious things. It happens all the time. Even during the nuke test debate we used to get that here. The object is to shut the discourse.
Yeah, hint darkly, imply some lines of thought shouldnt be even thought of (they will rotfl onlee) etc etc. If there is one thing this incident has brought out, its the bunch of folks whose motives have always been pro-one side whilst pretending to be neutral and all objective onlee.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

UlanBatori wrote:Thanks. The other big unknown is, on what charges were the husband (and /or child) taken into custody by Dilli Polis, and having done that, why were they released? You can't arrest someone saying: "your wife is absconding from her employer's residence 10,000 miles away", hey? So there was a charge enough for an arrest. Important to know what happened there - and why they were released - and then, incredibly, allowed to leave on a T-visa.
aiding and abetting? conspiracy? receiving unlawfully gained property? obstructing a police investigation? There are probably lots of charges that can be laid if one wants to lay charges and the puls know all of them, be it in khanate or in India.

Or they could just have been detained to "assist the police in their inquiries" which would be inaccurately reported as arrest.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Well, KLNM, that's the part where I am afraid of being blindsided. That arrest is being cast as blatant Babucracy arrogance of UK, DK's daddy. If Dilli polis is so corrupt that they would go and arrest some poor family just because an ex-Babu is displeased at a contract wage dispute with his munni beti, then the PBs can get all puffed up about Liberty and Saving The Meek In the Face of Extreme Danger.

So this part is very important to know before taking sides in public. No magistrate can allow a person to be arrested because someone else violated something. This is established in Indian Law since the days of Valmiki (from his pre-sagacious days). The story is that he was a dakoo who tried to tell his bibi that he would appreciate a wee bit more appreciation, since he was doing all the hard work of loot-maar for her sake onlee. To which she replied in no uncertain terms that
You enjoy the consequences of what you do, don't expect us to bear any part of that, thx v. much

Which is what induced him to quit work and sit still so long that anthills covered him and he was inducted as an Honorary Member of the Kerala State Secretariat in recognition of his inertia.

We HAVE to get a clear answer on why they were arrested - and why they were released.

Also, did Richards Senior, Richards Junior (the DUI) and SR's baccha/beti all get T-3ed to the good old US of A?