Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Aug 05, 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Aug 05, 20

Post by Dilbu »

Where is my popcorn? :mrgreen:
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Mahendra wrote:aren't all Bakis TFTA like English mards?
Can somebody please post that encounter between a tfta paki and a Brit? Shiv, was it you who posted that a couple of years ago?
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

arun wrote:The denial laced ramblings of the former Chief of Army Staff of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan General (Retd) Mirza Aslam Beg.

Gen. Beg claims that there is a conspiracy by a “spy network in Afghanistan, which was established in 2001 under the RAW and supported by the CIA, Mossad, MI-6 and BND ”to wage proxy war, particularly in the provinces of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa, Balochistan and Sindh”.

Blaming India’s Research and Analysis Wing, Israels Mossad and the US’s Central Intelligence Agency is off course par for the course given the Islamic Republic of Pakistans penchant for discovering Hanood, Yehudi and Yankee plots to nobble it but what has attracted Gen. Begs ire regards Germany’s Bundesnachrichtendienst ?

Proxy war and politics in Pakistan
Years back, I remember the same Gernail justifying terror as an instrument of state policy, and the right to export it.

Looks like Puki BoP (Balance of Payments) is looking up. :mrgreen:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Self claimed homeland for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent obsessed with its Mohammadden present naturally enough has a Mohammadden compliant version of Kaun Banega Crorepati.

Welcome to Geo TV’s "Alif Laam Meem," where answering questions like “How many pieces of fabric is the clothing worn by a pilgrim to Mecca made of?" can win a pilgrimage to Mecca for two:

Pakistan's Islamic Take On "Millionaire" Game Show Is Nightly Sign Of The Times
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Oppression of Minorities in Pakistan thread.

The ethnic cleansing of Hindu’s in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan continues:

37 more disgruntled Hindus leave country for good
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Long time ago, I recall reading this good ol' story of Bakasura, from the good ol' Mahabharatha.

As you would recall, the wandering Pandavas had come upon this village called Ek Chakra, on the outskirts of which lived this man-eating asura named Bakasura. Every morning, the village folk would need to send walking to Bakasura's cave, one of their own, who at the end of this short walk in the woods, would end up being a hearty meal for Bakasura.

What I remember most is the reported conversation between a buzzing bee and this poor sacrificial villager, as this poor soul is walking gingerly onwards to Bakasura's cave one morning.

"You must be feeling awful today, sir", asks the concerned bee while buzzing. "Does it not feel bad that in five minutes, you will be sitting all ground up inside Bakasura's stomach?", asks the bee.

But to the surprise of the bee, this poor villager, by the name of Ejazswami Hydereshwar, replies thusly: "No, no. It is all very positive in life right now. Am I not taking one step forward after another? Am I not looking left and breathing, and looking right and breathing? Why, I am also able to see you, dear buzzing bee, and what a relief-giving sight you are. Also, I went potty this morning, which was so positive, and then ate idli sambhaar, which was most positive, and now, you see that cave in the distance? Now I am going to be able to enter that ancient archaeological hole in the rock, and what could be more positive than that?"

Yes, indeed, I recall so well reading this in the adventure of the Pandavas.

But it seems I am not the only one to have recently recalled this lovely tale:

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/08 ... -positive/
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Not only Hindus, but Muslims want to flee Pukistan.
Family makes abortive bid to cross LoC from PoK
According to the police, the civilians who tried to cross over were Mohammad Ayub, his wife and seven children. The family was accompanied by one more person identified as Abdul Qayoom.
Most of us, who have worked very hard to make a decent life, cannot even imagine having 7 children as we would neither be able to manage nor afford bringing them up.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

Dr. Zulfikar Mirza, resigns!
As usual, gives a lengthy speech against MQM and Rehman Malik. Says, Altaf Hussain, had told him, that America wants to break up Pakistan, and that MQM will be on the side of the Americans. :D

Last time Mr. Mirza gave a speech like this 56 ppl died in Karachi, the next day. :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

archan wrote:Not only Hindus, but Muslims want to flee Pukistan.
Family makes abortive bid to cross LoC from PoK
According to the police, the civilians who tried to cross over were Mohammad Ayub, his wife and seven children. The family was accompanied by one more person identified as Abdul Qayoom.
Most of us, who have worked very hard to make a decent life, cannot even imagine having 7 children as we would neither be able to manage nor afford bringing them up.

Nor the bloody humping time to produce them!! :evil:

Is poverty screwing them or are they screwing themselves into poverty??
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Train attack kills three, wounds 16 near Quetta
QUETTA: Gunmen ambushed a passenger train in southwestern Pakistan on Sunday, killing three people and wounding 16 others, officials said.

Men armed with assault rifles attacked the passenger train in Mach town, some 50 kilometres southeast of Quetta, the capital of the insurgency-hit southwestern province of Balochistan, which borders Afghanistan and Iran.

“Three people have been killed and 16 were injured in the attack,” Naseeb-Ullah, provincial home secretary told AFP by telephone.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Am sure ISID had prepared such a scenario for the lap-dogs like LeT/IM/xxx to unleash such attacks in Kaffir Eastern neighbour but karma is such a female dog that they get to see these plans being implemented on themselves..

Touche..
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://thedignifiedrant.blogspot.com/20 ... moted.html
Demoted
Demented has been demoted:
Since the founding of modern India in 1947, the Indian Navy has placed most of its forces on the west coast, to deal with the threat from Pakistan. The east coast fleet was much smaller, and a much less desirable assignment for ambitious naval officers. That has changed. Now, China is the official “major threat” and Pakistan is rapidly declining as a challenge to Indian naval superiority off its west coast. This shift can be seen in the construction of new naval bases on the east coast. At some point, Pakistan's people will start to realize that India really doesn't want to invade and conquer their country (I mean, really, Pakistanis can barely govern Pakistan. Why would India want to try?). If this understanding sinks in, the privileged position of Pakistan's military in staking out large amounts of the budget and even controlling a large part of the civilian economy--all justified on the threat of Indian invasion--will be in jeopardy.This will be the biggest threat to Pakistan's military.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 33,00.html
Pakistan ka Matlab Kya hai: Bookha, Nanga ,Qadirullah
Every evening at 7:30 p.m., Geo TV, the most watched TV channel in Pakistan, broadcasts an Islamic version of "Who Wants To Be A Mullahonair." The show is called "Alif Laam Meem," three letters from the Arabic alphabet that can be found at the beginning of some suras (chapters) in the Koran. "Salam Alaykoum (good evening)," says the presenter, Junaid Jamshed. A 36-year-old former singer, Jamshed used to be clean shaven. Now he wears a prayer hat and sports a long dark beard, evidence of his recent rediscovery of Islam. In the audience, women wear veils or niqabs. Muslim and proud
The success of the show suggests just how fascinated Pakistanis are with religion these days. "The Pakistanis practice their religion more and more, and want to show it in public," says Imran Aslam, the head of Geo TV. Rifaat Hussain, a 59-year-old professor at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad, shares this opinion. "In the 1960s and 1970s, I would travel throughout the country with girls," he recalls. "We could drink alcohol in public, eat during the day when it was the month of Ramadan. Now it's not well accepted." These days, women in niqabs are more numerous both on the university's campus and in the streets of Islamabad
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Prem wrote:http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 33,00.html
Pakistan ka Matlab Kya hai: Bookha, Nanga ,Qadirullah
Every evening at 7:30 p.m., Geo TV, the most watched TV channel in Pakistan, broadcasts an Islamic version of "Who Wants To Be A Mullahonair." The show is called "Alif Laam Meem," three letters from the Arabic alphabet that can be found at the beginning of some suras (chapters) in the Koran. "Salam Alaykoum (good evening)," says the presenter, Junaid Jamshed. A 36-year-old former singer, Jamshed used to be clean shaven. Now he wears a prayer hat and sports a long dark beard, evidence of his recent rediscovery of Islam. In the audience, women wear veils or niqabs. Muslim and proud.
The success of the show suggests just how fascinated Pakistanis are with religion these days. "The Pakistanis practice their religion more and more, and want to show it in public," says Imran Aslam, the head of Geo TV. Rifaat Hussain, a 59-year-old professor at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad, shares this opinion. "In the 1960s and 1970s, I would travel throughout the country with girls," he recalls. "We could drink alcohol in public, eat during the day when it was the month of Ramadan. Now it's not well accepted." These days, women in niqabs are more numerous both on the university's campus and in the streets of Islamabad
I think here is the validation of Shiv's Venn diagram and the dilemma of the the PAPE. They opted out of undivided India and now find themselves between a rock and harder place and getting squeezed by the hardline jihadis. If the Prof has any brains left he has to make a choice.

Shiv's Venn diagram should be in the first post to remind us of what TSP has become.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ why do we want the brafessor to make a smart decision Ramanaji. He should face the music for what they imposed on rest of their illiterate society.

I truly hope TTP comes to power in Pakistan and ushers true islamic rule there. It should get worse before india can step in, if at all.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

BTW, I wonder if the Taseer brat who got kidnapped is the one who told his half-brother Aatish: "I hate fu(king hindus, man".
He should find out soon enough whether the TTP loves the opposite.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

India finds proof of Pak training Somail pirates
Somali sea pirates are being trained in Pakistan to carry out a proxy war against India. Though Indian security agencies had been hinting at a Pakistani link to Somali sea pirates since long, material evidence to support this assertion has only been recently recovered.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

a_kumar wrote:
shiv wrote: What does this have to do with Pakhanastanis in the west? I will explain. It is my hypothesis that the vast majority of Pakhanis who went to the west came from a class of extremely wealthy "Royal family" like or rich feudal/aristocratic Jinnah like families. Most Pakistanis who went abroad came from such families and attended elite schools, travelled elite class and mingled with the cream of society in the west - just like an earlier generation of travelling Indian Maharajas. When it came to education the wealthy Pakistani, like Rajiv Gandhi and Bhutto (both wealthy aristocratic families) was "sent" to top schools like Harvard. These schools always have seats open for wealthy foreigners who can pay there way through. In addition to this, Pakistan literally threw its entire lot in with America in the 1950s. The wealthy Pakistanis who mixed with Americans lived like and behaved like wealthy Americans in America, while they provided the best hospitality to Americans in Pakistan - giving them bases, premium travel and a retinue of servants to attend to their every need. So important Americans who came to Pakistan, and even not so important ones, were treated like kings.

Compare that with the demographic profile of Indians in the west. Long ago India's feudals and maharajas lost their wealth with India's democratization. Indians going abroad did not pay their way through. They worked extra hard to get scholarships and jobs to help them study. They did not get seats in the too schools by payment and they all went on to become honest workers. In other words, although the Indians who went to the west went in larger numbers they did not get to mix with the elite, and they were not able to host and fete Americans in India the way the wealthy Paki elite emigrants did. The Indian in the west was mostly middle class or working class. And some business migrants. Compared to these the Pakis were a different class.
Spot on Sirji.

This same factor plays in a completely different circumstance. Take Indians and Pakistanis in US. I come across WKKs or Dhimmis in US who say.. "Pakistanis are just like us, because my colleague talks in Hindi (or whatever you want to add here)". It kind of leads them into the WKK path as they mistake what they see in US to be typical of Pakistanis as a whole.

Any Pakistani one meets in US can safely be assumed to be from elite as only they can sqeeze their way out of the land of pure. So, any gesture or reasonable act of Pakistanis (I am aware I am giving a huge benefit of doubt, but allow me!) in US needs to be seen as one from Elite Pakistanis, which represent a miniscule fraction of Pakistan.

On the other hand, bulk of Indian immigrants in the West come from the middle class, thanks to the persistence of a generation of parents. So any typical act of Indians in US can safely be construed as one from Middel Class Indians, representing second largenst group in India.

So, comparing typical Pakistanis and typical Indians residing in US is like comparing apples and oranges. Indians need to be conscious of this to avoid misleading comparisions.
While I agree with Shiv and a_kumar about how the elite Pakis travel and live in the West, and have developed good relations with the elite in US/ UK, I wish to point out that a large number of working-class Pakis have also made it to the West taking advantage of lax visa rules or exploiting the asylum provisions. There are ghettos full of such Pakis in UK, Germany, Norway, Holland etc. They are the foot soldiers of Jihad in Europe, while the elite hobnobs with the elites in US/ UK. Both the elite and the menial class of Pakis serve the cause of Pakistan and Pakistaniat in the West.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

archan wrote:Not only Hindus, but Muslims want to flee Pukistan.
In all honesty, I am all for the moment when well-known India baters (Gen. Beg, Zaid Mahdi Hamid, Imran Khan, AQ Khan, etc.) in that nutty nation try to seek asylum in India.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Hoodbhoy gives a littany of reasons why Pa'astan is a terrorist state.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kakkaji wrote: While I agree with Shiv and a_kumar about how the elite Pakis travel and live in the West, and have developed good relations with the elite in US/ UK, I wish to point out that a large number of working-class Pakis have also made it to the West taking advantage of lax visa rules or exploiting the asylum provisions. There are ghettos full of such Pakis in UK, Germany, Norway, Holland etc. They are the foot soldiers of Jihad in Europe, while the elite hobnobs with the elites in US/ UK. Both the elite and the menial class of Pakis serve the cause of Pakistan and Pakistaniat in the West.
Kakkaji you are absolutely correct and the two narratives are not mutually exclusive. The initial post independence lovemaking between the Pakistani rich/elite and the west was joined by a steady inflow of Pakis - but I have a quibble with the word "working class" Pakis. I think the inflow into the west was "dole/handout class" Pakis.

Here I think that there has been some difference in the history of Pakistani/Pakhanistani migration to Britain, the US and European nations and I am missing some detail.

It was the US that attracted the elite Pakis after independence because they had all been British-Indians before independence and carried that nationality. But long before the US Britain had actually imported millworkers from Punjab who actually included very hard working Sikhs and other Punjabis who formed the core Indian community in mill towns of the UK. But in 20 years it all changed. Indian imports ended up being skilled labor - particularly doctors and later IT professionals. In between there was also a huge influx of Indians (Gujaratis, Hindu and Muslim) from East Africa/Uganda whose business skills and work ethic generally exceeded those of Britain.

import of Pakistanis to the UK however were "Kashmiri refugees" and "dependents" of earlier migrants. In the 80s the most irritating thing to me was the way Brits referred to obvious Paki communities as "Asian". You would have these men in shalwar kameez and jacket looking idiotic because the shirt sticks out a mile below the jacket living 15 to a house taking dole money from the British government, speaking no English. As a doctor I was often called upon to translate these people's complaints when they came to hospital. As a piskological test I would often ask them if they spoke Hindi. Few had the guts to say "No I speak Urdu". I am a little short on detail here - but I think a large number of elite/rich Pakis also bought properties in Spain which has a sizeable PakRAPE community.

It was in the USA where the elite had a good time. Again the "backdoor migration" route of "refugees" that came via middle east and Africa went, I think to Canada, Sweden, Norway and Spain. Once these guy got citizenship of these countries - travel to the USA became easy.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:Shiv's Venn diagram should be in the first post to remind us of what TSP has become.
Done.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Marvi Sirmed is now wajib-ul-qatl
If you have any doubt about the stagnation of positivist thought process, decadent intellectual honesty and utter defeat of reason in Pakistan, try speaking your mind against any established collective belief and you are there. I did that and am now facing the music. Abuses of all kinds, allegations of being a traitor, accusations of being a foreign agent, advices to leave Pakistan and go to India (our favourite ‘enemy’) and last but not the least, naked death threats. As they say in Punjabi, “Jinaan khaadiyaan gaajraan, tid ohnaa de peerrh” (those who eat carrots, should be ready for stomach-ache). Not that I was not expecting a backlash but what amazes me is the utter inability to even understand the crux of nonconformity let alone sticking to the terms of engagement.

It started with a talk show on a private TV channel where I was invited as a panellist to supposedly discuss the recent debate about the Two Nation Theory, which a segment of extreme right wing activists think was recently rubbished by Mian Nawaz Sharif on August 13 while addressing a group of Indian and Pakistani delegates in Lahore. Although in his speech Mian sahib never even spoke about the Two Nation Theory, many of us did not shy of appreciating his stance on relations with India and building his argument on the cultural similarity between the two countries. Even in my last column on these pages, I had praised him and defended his extremely pragmatic and rational stance, which I think he and his party should be proud of.

Here comes the problem. Mian Nawaz Sharif in a sagaciously political manner and I in a raw and brash manner pinched hard the protagonist of state-propagated history — the Two Nation Theory. A section of ‘patriotic’ Pakistanis are always quick to brand you as ‘anti-Pakistan’, ‘Pakistan-loathing’ ‘armchair analyst’ and do not waste any time in advising you to quickly leave Pakistan. In my case, it was spiked with aggressive death threats. One wonders in this not-so-pleasant journey of more than six decades, where did we leave sanity? If anyone has been affected the most by terrorism and violence emanating from religio-political radicalisation, it is the ‘educated’ middle class in urban Pakistan. Yes, the same class that is now spearheading our voyage towards intellectual annihilation and violent destruction.

The hugely misunderstood and misreported raison d’être of Pakistan, in my humble opinion, is the root cause of most of the problems and contradictions we are facing right now. It is high time to address that and at least make an attempt to move towards the right side of history by giving our young generations one last chance to say it with confidence and aloud: we Pakistanis need to exist on our own rather than being always ‘relative’ to another nation. However, there is a remote possibility to see it happening in my lifetime or even in my daughter’s lifetime.

The unnecessarily overhyped Two Nation Theory has been constructed in the minds of Pakistanis of almost every class (one feels relieved that most of rural Pakistan does not give a hoot about such historical distortions) as the foundation on which Pakistan stands. Any slightest movement on this issue and the country would, God forbid, fall like a deck of cards. That is precisely what bothers most Pakistanis when someone dares to speak out for a revision in the broader benefit of Pakistan itself. Little do we worry about the irony the foundations of such a wonderful country are put on nothing but a ‘theory’!

Every textbook account of the creation of Pakistan starts with a mention of the Two Nation Theory as the basis of partition. One randomly picked up textbook from the Punjab Book Board states the theory as: “Muslims and Hindus are two separate nations from every definition; therefore Muslims should have a separate homeland in the Muslim majority areas of India, where they can spend their lives according to the glorious teachings of Islam.” Do you smell something? You could be right if you say it initially made the basis of a movement that culminated in reorganisation of the map of the Indian subcontinent due to various other factors covering what is not possible to debate in this limited space. The evolution of Muslim ‘community’ of India into a Muslim ‘nation’ entailed many ebb and flow, which were rooted in the quest for power sharing, political and social rights for the community and a convoluted anxiety foreseeing a submissive position under the majority community (Hindus).

Once the country was created, holding on to the notion of ‘separate nation’ status in fact endangers Pakistan’s existence. In 1971 we lost half of our country due to our stubbornness on denying an important national identity based on their culture and ethnicity, in sheer hangover of the Two Nation Theory. If we still describe ourselves as a separate ‘nation’ from our own Hindu, Christian, Sikh and other religious communities and justify building borders based on this ‘separation’, just imagine what exactly we are saying. What we are saying is, every community other than Muslims is justified and entitled to demand a separate country even today. Mindless adherence to historical political expediencies without any readiness to rethink and revisit them is going to push the country towards permanent destabilisation.

Separation of communities based on religion divided our flag into two distinct parts, probably in the hope that we would be able to internalise all coalescing communities in mainstream Pakistan. What actually happened is very disturbing. The white part not only gets subsumed socially but is also hated upon, neglected and undermined amidst hollow slogans of ‘Islam gives equal status to minorities’. Another syndrome that is going to pose a potential threat to the existence of Pakistan is ‘I am a Muslim first’, which has engulfed young Pakistan — especially the urban classes: upper, middle and lower middle. When we should all have a strong bonding with our own soil and national identity, we are looking towards an identity that does not describe Pakistan in entirety. Being a Muslim might be a pride for us, but making it our first and foremost identity definitely undermines national interest.

Another topic that came under discussion in the said programme was how the panellists look at the future countenance of Pakistan. Secular, was my answer, which created ripples in the social media. It is disappointing but not surprising that the word ‘secular’ is perceived in Pakistani society as a dirty one (I will be discussing it next week on these pages). For now, I am particularly happy on my head-on collision with a hawkish right wing panellist on this most difficult issue of the ‘theory’ we insist to base our reality on. It is most probably a stone in a pond of stagnant water — expected to generate a lot of stink but it will go a long way in positioning Pakistan to start its journey towards sanity, peace, responsibility and prosperity. The debate must go on.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Police destroyed evidence from taseer kidnapping
The police arrived at the scene first, cordoned off the site and then manually searched Taseer’s abandoned vehicle, including its door handles, dashboard, steering, seats and Taseer’s belongings. The forensic van, therefore, was unable to collect ‘true’ fingerprints since all potential spots were touched repeatedly by other law enforcement officials.

Forensic evidence was also lost in the case of American aid expert Warren Weinstein who was abducted on August 13 and has yet to be recovered. The forensic team had to return unsuccessfully because police personnel, including senior officials, had rummaged through Weinstein’s belongings, damaging all forensic evidence.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

can some one explain what this really means

Pak building railway station close to zero line
JAISALMER: Pakistan has started the process of construction of zero line railway station, which is just 10 m from the international border in Pakistan adjoining Munabao in Barmer district. Construction material has been dumped at the spot and Pakistan has given the contract to a Chinese company.

According to international rules, there is a ban on any type of construction within 150 yards of an international border. Despite this, Pakistan has started preparations for construction. India has objected to the preparations for construction and the Border Security Force (BSF) has submitted a protest letter to the Pakistani Rangers, according to Madho Singh Chauhan, deputy inspector general (Barmer section). In case of a war, there is a possibility that Pakistan could use this railway station for launching operations against India.

Pakistan under the cover of the Thar Express, which started as a journey of friendship between India and Pakistan in 2006, had built a railway station just a few metres on zero line. When this railway station was being built in 2003, India had protested, but on not getting support from the Centre, the railway station was constructed.
A source said Pakistan is modernizing its railway station in an area just opposite Munabao railway station in Barmer and the contract for construction has been given to a Chinese company. Actually in 2003-04, Pakistan had started the construction of railway station for Thar Express that was to be started between Munabao and Khokharapaar. At that time the construction was far away from the international border, but slowly, the construction work reached the border.

When the work was going on just 10-15 metres away from the border, security agencies and BSF had protested, but it had no effect on Pakistan. Such violation by Pakistan was pointed out during the meetings at DIG and IG level, but again it did not have any effect on Pakistan.

Finally, BSF has carried this issue to the home ministry, but the Centre did not take any action and directed the BSF to "end this matter". Now this is proving to be a pain in the neck. Considering the present tension between two countries, it cannot be denied that this station could be used against India.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Marvin Sirmed is one courageous woman.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

for those who taunt paklurkers that all pakis can export is IT (International Terrorism) here read this they have found a new export and they have chosen their tallel and deepel fliend to be the first recipient of this value added product.

Pak polio eradication plan success spills over to China :rotfl:
The Polio Eradication Initiative in Pakistan received a massive blow this week when four infants in China s Xinjiang province were detected with poliovirus having generic links to the virus in Pakistan. The development has put Asia s largest country and the world s largest populated country in danger of losing its 11-year-old polio-free status.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

KLNMurthy wrote:Marvin Sirmed is one courageous woman.
Why does she appear with bindi on forehead? Is she yeevil yindoo? Does that not make her bull-cattle already?

The more I think about it, the more it becomes clear that TSP has only one solution left....the solution is a mix of what Ataturk did in 30s + what Tajikistan is doing today - complete slaughter of bearded barbarians, mullabaric animals, ban on beards/praying/hijaab and all outward show/talk of religion. A 30 year (one generation) ban on anything religious unless confined to home is a good starting point. I think minorities would happily agree with this.

Until and unless TSP is ready to do this, no point even thinking about talking..

Since there is 0.00000001% chance of that happening, the world should simply isolate TSP and its barbaric animals and forget its existence...and everytime there is a terror attack anywhere traced to TSP, nuke one town and destroy it. Destroy each known army base and ISI installation as a starting point of the cleansing process through a 20 day aerial bombing campaign.

Sooner or later the civilised world is going to come to this conclusion. You heard it here first.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

KLNMurthy wrote:Marvi Sirmed is one courageous woman.
Yes, I agree. The other thing is the insights she gives of Pakistan. When she says that change is a "remote possibility to see it happening in my lifetime or even in my daughter’s lifetime", it confirms our theory here that Pakistan is beyond redemption. Working on the assumption that somehow Pakistan can be turned around and we two countries will live as good neighbours, must be dumped. Again, though our reading of Pakistan is accurate, it is validated when she says that ‘I am a Muslim first’ fervour "has engulfed young Pakistan". The PA-Taliban dialogue also validated other aspects of our accurate reading of Pakistan.

Marvi and her daughter must leave Pakistan immediately. Having made such insightful comments, she would be foolish to believe that the stone she threw into the pond would cause enough ripples "to start its journey towards sanity, peace, responsibility and prosperity" as she puts it.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

SSridhar wrote:Marvi and her daughter must leave Pakistan immediately. Having made such insightful comments, she would be foolish to believe that the stone she threw into the pond would cause enough ripples "to start its journey towards sanity, peace, responsibility and prosperity" as she puts it.
The stone she threw into the pond detonated an IED.

Pakistan: 'Pakistan may have added 3,000MW capacity in three years'
LAHORE, Aug. 26 -- Pakistan might have added 3,000 megawatts generation capacity in the last three years, but the generation declined constantly from the peak of 98.6 terawatt hours (Twh) in 2007 to 90.4 terawatt hours in 2010, while all regional countries increased production, according to a report.

The World Energy Report 2011 released by the British Petroleum revealed that Pakistan is the only regional country where electricity generation has declined.
According to the report, the hydro electric generation declined in Pakistan from 31.6 Twh in 2007 to 28.3 Twh in 2010. Hydro electricity generation also declined in India during the same period from 122.4 Twh to 111.4 Twh, probably because of the same reason of low water flows during this period
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Most vocal Paki critics of ISI hold dual-citizenships or are atleast permanent residents of some western nation.Gotta give it to the lady for ripping Zail Hamid (pbuh) to pieces! I still don't get it why she turned up wearing a bindi, either she was trying to send a strong message about real cultural roots of Pakis, or like someone else mentioned Pakistan has finally found its own Arundati Roy! If you guys are more interested do check her youtube channel 'MarviSirmed', has plenty of interesting videos. She does seems to have an affinity towards oppressed minorities in Pakistan. More power to her and may her tribe increase.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:
ramana wrote:Shiv's Venn diagram should be in the first post to remind us of what TSP has become.
Done.
:eek: Yikes Sridhar and ramana - it's startling to see an image there. Could you just post a link to the image along with the same explanation?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Ambar wrote:
Most vocal Paki critics of ISI hold dual-citizenships or are atleast permanent residents of some western nation.Gotta give it to the lady for ripping Zail Hamid (pbuh) to pieces! I still don't get it why she turned up wearing a bindi, either she was trying to send a strong message about real cultural roots of Pakis, or like someone else mentioned Pakistan has finally found its own Arundati Roy! If you guys are more interested do check her youtube channel 'MarviSirmed', has plenty of interesting videos. She does seems to have an affinity towards oppressed minorities in Pakistan. More power to her and may her tribe increase.
Don't compare her to Arundhati roy, That will be an insult to her. For what she stands for. That's opposing fundamentalist ideas. Whereas Arundhati is the one who support fundamentalist ideas. She was the one who vouch for Pakistan which itself is a nation born out of the two nation theory of Hindus and Muslims cannot live together. That itself is fundamentalism. So if someone is opposing this two nation theory, then that person is against Arundhati roy and is a true liberal and not a pseudo liberal.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Brad Goodman wrote:for those who taunt paklurkers that all pakis can export is IT (International Terrorism) here read this they have found a new export and they have chosen their tallel and deepel fliend to be the first recipient of this value added product.

Pak polio eradication plan success spills over to China :rotfl:
The Polio Eradication Initiative in Pakistan received a massive blow this week when four infants in China s Xinjiang province were detected with poliovirus having generic links to the virus in Pakistan. The development has put Asia s largest country and the world s largest populated country in danger of losing its 11-year-old polio-free status.
The Chinese were warned to keep away from Pakistan. Not only the Chinese but each and every nation in the world. The ones who get close to Pakistan in any manner will suffer for sure. Pakistan is like a virus for which there is no cure and above all whoever gets associated with Pakis in any manner will get affected and suffer.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Suppiah wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:Marvin Sirmed is one courageous woman.
Why does she appear with bindi on forehead? Is she yeevil yindoo? Does that not make her bull-cattle already?
She does it as a "Screw you" to all the people who don't like it. She is bold in a Gandhi type of way, and knows that if she is harmed just for that it will be a self goal against Pakistan.

The uncertainty here is that there is a group of Pakis who don't really care about Pakistan's international image as long as kafirs and kafir tendencies are removed. This lady's life and safety are a test for Pakistan, just as Salman Rushdie's safety was a test for Britainistan.

Of course there is one thing here that life and events are teaching me - I never guessed or anticipated. I used to wonder if Pakistan (which grew as a cancer out of India but has some India inside) would ever be able to throw up a leader who could question the Islamist goons. I never guess that the leadership could emerge from the weakest and "most screwed" (literally and figuratively) group in Pakistan - the women. First that actress. Now this lady.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

shiv wrote: :eek: Yikes Sridhar and ramana - it's startling to see an image there. Could you just post a link to the image along with the same explanation?
I would disagree with you shiv saar about the positioning , the diagram + Table are really great and are really in their right place at the front page. Unless it is going to cuase any bandwidth issue please do not provide just a link to them. As they say a picture speaks louder than words. And these figures are a correct assessment of TSPs situation.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Marvi Sirmed retweeted this from someone who hates her, I'm posting it here because it exposes Pakistaniyat
malikgenius Malik Mazhar Ali
Marvi Go to India, bindi wali hindo Daleet shooder neech zaat ... dafa ho ja yeh pakistan Hamara hai,
To Pakistanis - the ultimate insults - Hindu, Dalit, Shudra! "neech zaat".
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

A_Gupta wrote:malikgenius Malik Mazhar Ali
Marvi Go to India, bindi wali hindo Daleet shooder neech zaat ... dafa ho ja yeh pakistan Hamara hai,
To Pakistanis - the ultimate insults - Hindu, Dalit, Shudra! "neech zaat".[/quote]
Then they claim they are converts from Dalit, Shudra Hannoods!!
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Brad Goodman wrote:can some one explain what this really means

Pak building railway station close to zero line
Doesn't make sense to build so close, especially when arty can hit it so easily. Unless Pakis want to do tactical brilliance and involve China in the conflict.