The Jan Lokpal Bill, Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev II

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Re: The Jan Lokpal Bill, Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev II

Post by Sushupti »

Arvind Kejriwal is using Anna to push his own self-serving political ambitions. He will soon have a political party. Homework done.Arvind Kejriwal using Kanshi Ram's DS4 approach. But lacks BSP founder's strategic foresight and commitment. He's a short-term player. Arvind Kejriwal is self-obsessed and spiteful. His nasty attacks on BJP and NaMo have a history of failed engagement at his initiative. Arvind Kejriwal now plans to split urban vote, cut away a slice large enough to ensure Congress wins. Congress calculates Arvind Kejriwal party could help Congress in up to 35 constituencies in LS election. Arvind Kejriwal's party will be a one election phenomenon, a spoiler in a crucial poll. After that India will pay price for his folly. Each member of 'Team Anna' has his/her own self-serving agenda to push. They are using Anna to promote their own self-serving interest. Of the lot, Arvind Kejriwal is the most cynical and crafty. He has a devious mind and he is given to subterfuge. Arvind Kejriwal should have guts to tell whom all he approached to lobby for CIC's job. That would explain venomous spite against BJP. Arvind Kejriwal constantly spies on 'Team Anna' members, especially one who he believes is more popular than him.

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

TIFWIW but BJP I feel is still much better then Cong.

Still the narebazi is rather irritating on this thread. Lets all start, writing in bold red. That will prove all of us right and perhaps that will get us a Mandir in Ayodhya also.

I come to this thread to get some idea about how things are what is being thrown up and what is worth catching.

Distance between Anna and Team Anna is for all to see, lying there in plain sight. So is the closeness between Anna and Ramdev.

An artificial team like Team Anna will always have moles. But then what stops anybody and everybody from owning moles in this team except ones own bechara status. If anybody has any idea of how and why funding gets generated, they would realise the fairly deep pockets that even the Sanghis enjoy. And owning a mole in Team Anna is not going to drain Sanghis.

The need for Anna would be apparent to all the 400% confident members of Team Anna. Without Anna these guys would mostly be blackmarketing stuff, and yes that would be a very honorable task for these guys. Seems like quite a few do not deserve even that vocation.

Anna has on TV said things, that can only be taken to mean he is not in sync with all members of the Team Anna. He has also consistently been supporting Kejriwal. Personally I feel Kejriwal is too leftist to be of any good to anybody and India deserves better but we need to understand the relation between an old guy and the new guy in terms of what they are after together. And even though they have not been able to but Ramdev and Kejriwal have independently said things that show that there is scope for working together. I was there in Ramlila grounds last year with Anna this time I will be there with Ramdev. This is how I see most people around me behave. I continue to have confidence in at least the will of our people if not their capability.

Personally I feel that a Team that was 25 last year and 50 this has to stop growing and start consolidating. Otherwise these idiots will have every single one of their Jamant Zapt before they get their first posters on the wall.

Things are grey, but there is better light still than in the pitch black of indolence.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Muppalla wrote:
Pranav wrote: Need to be careful ... Team Anna is riddled with moles. Was this statement approved by the Team's core committee?
What core committee? Too much delusions on this forum even by well read folks.Starting from Anna everyone in that team is a mole. It is pure and simple dirt of India to help congress party in the name of anti-corruption. Period. I am totally convinced.
See, all this talk of 15 corrupt ministers does not help congrezis.
Last edited by Pranav on 31 Jul 2012 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Sushupti wrote:Arvind Kejriwal is using Anna to push his own self-serving political ambitions. He will soon have a political party. Homework done.Arvind Kejriwal using Kanshi Ram's DS4 approach. But lacks BSP founder's strategic foresight and commitment. He's a short-term player. Arvind Kejriwal is self-obsessed and spiteful. His nasty attacks on BJP and NaMo have a history of failed engagement at his initiative. Arvind Kejriwal now plans to split urban vote, cut away a slice large enough to ensure Congress wins. Congress calculates Arvind Kejriwal party could help Congress in up to 35 constituencies in LS election. Arvind Kejriwal's party will be a one election phenomenon, a spoiler in a crucial poll. After that India will pay price for his folly. Each member of 'Team Anna' has his/her own self-serving agenda to push. They are using Anna to promote their own self-serving interest. Of the lot, Arvind Kejriwal is the most cynical and crafty. He has a devious mind and he is given to subterfuge. Arvind Kejriwal should have guts to tell whom all he approached to lobby for CIC's job. That would explain venomous spite against BJP. Arvind Kejriwal constantly spies on 'Team Anna' members, especially one who he believes is more popular than him.

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta
The question for BJP is whether they prefer to sit in the opposition rather than support a credible anti-corruption mechanism.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Bhai log if you read it wrong you will miss out on something worth using.

Team Anna is a Media creation. It is not a real Political outfit. But inspite of this Anna is a pretty potent poison. If Congis are using him then they are playing with fire. Only goes to show their bankruptcy lack of ideas.

The Anna led part of this anti-corruption wave is too indisciplined for my taste. So I have moved lock stock and barrel to Ramdev camp. But Anna led part is the part that a majority of the urban Indians identify with, for whatever reason. So till the time you can change the reason for this identification, you need to work with it.

It is in a way good that about all of Team Anna is well...ambitious. Gives everybody an equal opportunity opening.

Ramdev affair is already too saffron to be any P-sec/Post Modernist/WT_. That is a comparatively surer affair but a subset of the 25-35 voters of Sanghis. Presents us with no new business opportunity.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pentaiah wrote:Some people here somehow think BJP is pristine white and better than congress. I thought BRF readers and posters are smart enough to see through the fickle rudderless and equally corrupt BJP.

Go back to Rahul Mehta posts about LK, PM ( Pramod Mahajan), Sadhvi, anti Sadhvi, Jaswant anti Jaswant, Sinha anti Sinha.... etc
The strong thing about congress is that they are perfect crooks who will not let go of their grip in power, their bonding in crime is only bettered in the rallying round anything that gets them to power.

For all practical purposes BJP is cooked for good. Oh by the way I forgot the sniping between NaMo and Nitish thats another side show..
passing observation and not in support of any one particular party.

did not someone say "yes, he is a b@$tard but atleast he is our b@$tard" :wink:
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://www.firstpost.com/india/iac-dist ... 97393.html
Activists of India Against Corruption, which is supporting Team Anna‘s ongoing hunger agitation in New Delhi, on Monday distanced itself from an anti-media poster, terming it the work of mischief-makers.

And IAC spokesperson in Mumbai emphatically said that a poster showing the media in a bad light was “the handiwork of some mischievous elements” and that the organisation had nothing to do with it.
The IAC has claimed that the poster—showing the media as dogs controlled by Congress president Sonia Gandhi—was aimed at creating a rift between the media and social activists which have been united in the fight against corruption.
At least people are smarter than idiots like Kejriwal.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

It was extremely dumb on the part of ABV & co to let Bofors issue fade away. It could have easily nailed the the empire and empress once for all. They could have negotiated a safe passage out of India to the Royal tenten bums back to Scicily .....

About bustard I don't known about our own
But the bustard part sounds correct
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 299251.cms
Before retiring in May this year, Gen VK Singh had said he would begin a new "journey". The outlines of this journey were clear on Tuesday when he donned the role of a crusader, joining a group of protesters against a nuclear plant in Gorakhpur in Fatehabad district in his home state, Haryana.
Asked about his political ambitions, Gen Singh said, "I don't want to say anything. Let the country decide. If I get support, then let's see. Main ek fauji hu, aur fauji kabhi pichhey nahi dekhta."

On Anna Hazare's agitation, he said, "I am against corruption. I also want to eradicate corruption from county. And those who are fighting against corruption, I am with them."
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=770509
As his indefinite fast entered the third day, Anna Hazare today ruled out any talks even with the Prime Minister and vowed to continue the stir till their demands are met while the government showed no signs of initiating negotiations with his team.

The tough postering of Hazare, who threatened to return the Padma Bhushan bestowed on him, came on a day when his close aides Arvind Kejriwal and Gopal Rai, whose fast entered the seventh day, were advised hospitalisation by doctors but they rejected it saying they were "not cowards who will give up because of health concerns".
"I am not even ready to talk to the Prime Minister.... I can return Padma Bhushan right now. The people have given me such a big award," Hazare, who was awarded Padma Shri in 1990 and Padma Bhushan two years later, said.

He said he had earlier returned Padma Shri on the issue of corruption. "These awards were given to me not that I asked these. I am doing it for my country and for my people," he said.

As his fast entered third day, the 74-year-old activist said he has decided that he will sit here again and again "until that flood of good politics comes".
Regretting the attack on mediapersons, Hazare told his supporters this morning that he "felt sad" after hearing about the attack on media accusing them of not giving proper coverage to the indefinite fast on corruption issues.

"If you indulge in violence, remember that the government can crush us in two days. They have the strength and laws to do that. In future, if these things happen again, at that moment I will call off this agitation. I don't approve of this. Let media do their work. Don't bother about what they do," he said.

Though Kejriwal apologised for the misbehaviour with media, he sought to blame media house owners, saying they have to decide whether they are with the country or with corrupt people. Before Hazare and his close aides took the dais, some supporters shouted slogans against the media.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev are responsible for the 600 million being in the dark. The Sonia (Eva Peron of India) and her children who are entitled to the throne into perpetuity are not responsible for this sorry affair. Neither are the far leftist parasites who support thois feudal lords responsible for the sorry state. The fact that a single feudal family has been in power 90% of the time since India came to be since 1947 is irrelevant to the situation. The minority non "sickular" Hindus are totally responsible for the miserable state that India is in. (Sarcasm off)
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

This time Govt doesnot really care about AH and his followers. That the Govt chose to promote flopshow SS to HM position on the day of his biggest failure tells us the arrogance and callousness of this govt. Underachiever was I guess still a compliment for MMS. He should have been called No-Achiever.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

^^ After observing them for quite sometime now, probably figured that the supporters of AH are electorally insignificant. Can be moved to stage a hunger strike, but dont hold much water beyond that. Sad.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sushupti wrote:
Virupaksha wrote:In the land of the blind, the one eyed is king. I personally look for who is good between INC and BJP. In my personal opinion, BJP is much much better than INC.

Unfortunately what you say is an apology for INC. Basically do nothing until an avatar comes along and saves us. I prefer to go with small improvements rather than lying in the mud, wallowing in self pity and not even making an effort to cleanse mud off the parts which I can.
Hell no avatar, 100 lashes for communal talk. It must be Messiah. Real question is how many times, these apologists for con, baptize their kids in swimming pool?.
Be careful, especially given your history here.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Sushupti wrote:Team Anna nahin Aandhi hai , Doosri Soniya Gandhi hai
Muppalla wrote:Starting from Anna everyone in that team is a mole.
For people who are looking to the BJP, the problem is that many of their leading lights, includng Vajpayee & Advani are the ones who want to protect the Mainos.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

^^^ Doesn't change the fact IAC is an INC creation
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Pranav wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Team Anna nahin Aandhi hai , Doosri Soniya Gandhi hai
Muppalla wrote:Starting from Anna everyone in that team is a mole.
For people who are looking to the BJP, the problem is that many of their leading lights, includng Vajpayee & Advani are the ones who want to protect the Mainos.
I am not a BJP fan. Specially the BJP of Windbag and his Sancho Panza. What you said is not a news but well known fact on BRF. By abusing NAMO team Anna has proved that they are just another western residue not good for health of the country.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

Does not really change much since entities created for serving one's interests often get out of control. It is just a matter of time. Meanwhile, we have Baba Ramdev for applying pressure on the INC...
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

archan wrote:
Sushupti wrote:In the land of the blind, the one eyed is king. I personally look for who is good between INC and BJP. In my personal opinion, BJP is much much better than INC.

Unfortunately what you say is an apology for INC. Basically do nothing until an avatar comes along and saves us. I prefer to go with small improvements rather than lying in the mud, wallowing in self pity and not even making an effort to cleanse mud off the parts which I can.
Hell no avatar, 100 lashes for communal talk. It must be Messiah. Real question is how many times, these apologists for con, baptize their kids in swimming pool?.
Be careful, especially given your history here.
Ab Koun saa paap kar diya?. Going in cave complex for two days to avoid hell fire from bredator.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Pranav wrote:For people who are looking to the BJP, the problem is that many of their leading lights, includng Vajpayee & Advani are the ones who want to protect the Mainos.
No one else is doing anything at all. Not left, not 3rd front, not fourth front - every groups is beset with troubles except Congress(Indira). BJP has not stopped anyone from doing anything.

From an article from Ram Jethmalani Some questions for Congress’ Prince Charming
I shot off my angry epistle to Sonia Gandhi..

Reliable sources tell me that the ISI has infiltrated even into the RAW. Bangladesh has become a hotbed of anti-Indian activities. This requires the resignation and removal of some political heads but they are reported to enjoy your support.
I know this will annoy you but frankly I do not care since you show no concern for the country. I have respect for the Prime Minister and his integrity. But that is not enough. I know his limitations of which you are the main source and cause.
I watched with dismay how the party of illustrious statesmen who led India into freedom has virtually turned into a party of dumb, driven cattle, without courage to call their leaders to account. I was more contemptuous of large sections of the press, which had lost its critical faculty and wholly jettisoned the obligation to disseminate the truth, however unpleasant, to keep the political sovereign updated and informed.
There have been oft-repeated charges of financial impropriety and worse against your family, including by the president of Janata Party, Subramanian Swamy, Swiss magazines and, most unusually in a book on the KGB. Why have you not responded?
From Unpleasant truths about Rahul
There is also a murky side to Rahul's history that is in the public domain. Alas, it is inescapable that along with his dynastic Prime Ministerial entitlement, he must also inherit the sins of his dynasty. KGB archives after the fall of the Soviet Union reveal that since 1982, when Indira Gandhi was still the Prime Minister, Soviet trading agencies were channelling funds into a company controlled by her son and Rahul's father, the future Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Harvard Russian scholar Yevgenia Albats has clearly narrated this in her book, The State Within A State: The KGB and Its Hold on Russia. The Swiss news-magazine Schweizer Illustrierte (11 November 1991) provided more details. Citing newly opened KGB records, it reported that Sonia Gandhi, widow of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, was controlling a secret account worth 2.5 billion Swiss francs in a Swiss bank in her minor son's name.

Ms Albats had full access to secret files of the KGB, and disclosed in her book that KGB chief Victor Chebrikov in December 1985 had sought in writing from the central committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU), "authorization to make payments in US dollars to the family members of Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, namely Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Ms Paola Maino, mother of Sonia Gandhi." CPSU payments were authorised by a resolution, CPSU/CC/No 11228/3 dated 20 December, 1985; and endorsed by the USSR Council of Ministers. These payments had been coming since 1971, as payments received by Sonia Gandhi's family, and "have been audited in CPSU/CC resolution No. 11187/22 OP dated October 12, 1984".

These facts have been published in the national and international media, and have not been contradicted by anyone in the Gandhi family, nor has any defamation suit been filed. Rahul Gandhi, do you have anything to say about this?

This piece raises questions which our Prime Minister in waiting must answer to the people of India to set at rest serious misgivings about his credentials and qualifications. I had invited his answers to nine questions raised by me in my letter of 27.11.2008. He has never been able to furnish them or make them public. I reiterate them again and request him to refresh his memory. There is a Right to Information Act in this country. People are entitled to know all they want to know about our imminent ruler to be. Rahul Gandhi must also realise that he is not an eternal minor, and Manmohan Singh is no eternal Prince Regent.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Sushupti wrote:By abusing NAMO team Anna has proved that they are just another western residue not good for health of the country.
Namo has the option to take the wind out of their sails by enacting a credible Lok Ayukta.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sushupti wrote: Ab Koun saa paap kar diya?. Going in cave complex for two days to avoid hell fire from bredator.
Agar samajah mein nahi aata to phir wahin rahiye, surakshit rahiye.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Predicatable end, Loksatta redux, I hope Aam Junta don't fall for this trick.

Anna Hazare talks about giving political alternative to people. Stay with TOI Live Blog for latest updates.
"Team Anna's political ambitions are out in the open, Congress leader Ambika Soni says."
Is that a crime??

I expect the Media to give maximum coverage in the hope this bunch can pull say 5% of the votes in key states to make UPA-3 a certainity, which looks the most likely outcome today with SP support.

In 2014 I expect UPA 3 in one of the alternatives

1) UPA -3 like UPA-2
2) UPA-3 with opposition SP+ BSP voting in No Confidence Vote
3) UPA-3 + CPI(M) outside support plus opposition SP+BSP voting in no confiendence motion.
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 326610.cms
A former army chief, a spiritual guru, an actor, and an ex-poll panel chief are among those who appealed on Thursday to Team Anna to end their fast for a strong Lokpal Bill.

With Team Anna's indefinite protest continuing for the ninth day, ex-army chief General V K Singh, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and other prominent people made the appeal to call off the fast following their deteriorating health.

A written appeal signed by 23 people from various walks of life called upon all the fasting Team Anna members, led by Anna Hazare, to give up their expectations from the government and form a political establishment to fight corruption.

Three Team Anna members -- Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai -- have been fasting since July 25 along with 350 other supporters. Hazare joined them Sunday.

"We call upon them to focus their energies on creating an alternative political force that is democratic and accountable, ethical and non-violent and capable of leading an electoral revolution to democratize and decentralize power and make the power structure of the country more accountable to the people," said the appeal that was read out by Bollywood actor Anupam Kher.

Former chief election commissioner J M Lyngdoh, veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar, Justice N. Santosh Hegde and professors from several universities were among the other signatories.

"Indian democracy stands at a crossroad. It needs a new wind. We urge the fasting volunteers to give up their fast in order to accept this historic challenge. We also urge all democratic citizens, movements and organisations to join hands with them for creation of such a movement," Kher said.

"Unfortunately, the political establishment has not cared to listen, let alone respond, to this voice. The government has not only stonewalled these demands, it has also demonstrated little political will to bring the guilty to book. The opposition fares no better on this score," he said.

He said both the government and the opposition parties have let the common people down.

"The government may not have responded, but the people of this country cannot remain silent. These brave and selfless volunteers must not sacrifice their health at the altar of an insensitive political establishment. Their presence is needed for fulfilling the dream of swaraj nurtured by our freedom struggle," Kher added.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Aditya_V wrote:Predicatable end, Loksatta redux, I hope Aam Junta don't fall for this trick.
If credible people like Gen VK Singh are joining, people will give Anna's party serious consideration.

BJP can get rid of Congie moles within their top leadership, and reconsider their unenthusiasm for credible Lok Ayuktas in states.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

As long as we don't have a UPA III, it will be an improvement.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

If people buy the IAC bluff, then they deserve UPA 3. Going by the support they have among urban youth, They might no some serious damage to NDA in urban areas
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

kshatriya wrote:If people buy the IAC bluff, then they deserve UPA 3. Going by the support they have among urban youth, They might no some serious damage to NDA in urban areas
The BJP may prefer to sit in opposition rather than push for a systemic change against corruption?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

kshatriya wrote:If people buy the IAC bluff, then they deserve UPA 3. Going by the support they have among urban youth, They might no some serious damage to NDA in urban areas
When the modi juggernaut starts rolling, kejriwal will go running for cover. Urban India and Urban youth are solidly with Modi.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

muraliravi wrote:
When the modi juggernaut starts rolling, kejriwal will go running for cover. Urban India and Urban youth are solidly with Modi.
A lot will depend upon the people who are leading Team Anna's effort ... if someone like Gen VK Singh is playing a leading role then that would have credibility, particularly if Modi remains evasive on the corruption issue.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

Pranav Are you an IAC member ? You are always to the rescue of IAC on brf
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Pranav wrote: A lot will depend upon the people who are leading Team Anna's effort ... if someone like Gen VK Singh is playing a leading role then that would have credibility, particularly if Modi remains evasive on the corruption issue.
Let me put it to u like this.

1. People dont want to hear about the nonsense that IAC is talking about. All IAC talks about is one gad damn bill, which they think will cure India. Its all media hype. Modi gives a gleam of hope, he talks about what he can do for the country.

2. I have great respect for VK Singh. He is a smart guy who can see thru things. He knows how it was the congress agents who hounded him during his term. The last thing he will do is to give IAC any political credibility, becos he knows that will only help in forming UPA3.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

kshatriya wrote:Pranav Are you an IAC member ? You are always to the rescue of IAC on brf
I am just a realist who has not forgotten that it was a BJP govt that protected the Mainos.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Like an esteemed missing member from the yesterdins. I promise to at crow, if the UPA is defeated in the next general election. A political party formed by IAC, will result in splitting of the Anti INC votes and that will mean that the INC will emerge as the largest political party with minimum of efforts.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

muraliravi wrote:
Pranav wrote: A lot will depend upon the people who are leading Team Anna's effort ... if someone like Gen VK Singh is playing a leading role then that would have credibility, particularly if Modi remains evasive on the corruption issue.
Let me put it to u like this.

1. People dont want to hear about the nonsense that IAC is talking about. All IAC talks about is one gad damn bill, which they think will cure India. Its all media hype. Modi gives a gleam of hope, he talks about what he can do for the country.

2. I have great respect for VK Singh. He is a smart guy who can see thru things. He knows how it was the congress agents who hounded him during his term. The last thing he will do is to give IAC any political credibility, becos he knows that will only help in forming UPA3.
Let's wait and see. Gen VK Singh is one of the signatories of a letter that urges Anna to "focus on creating an alternate political force" - https://www.box.com/s/9d80fb70a2fd74f01b6a
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I don't know why Modi needs a certificate from IAC on corruption, in fact Modi should be certifiying that these guys are not INC moles and anti-national( not Anna, but look at Aruna Roys, Swami Agnivesh's etc).
rgds,
fanee
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Pranav wrote:I am just a realist who has not forgotten that it was a BJP govt that protected the Mainos.
Err...my history must be weak. When did BJP form a govt.? Are you referring to one of the state govt.s they are are running?
I think BJP (or anybody) need to form a govt. at center if they wish to protect (or hang them if you wish) Mainos.
Kindly enlighten me.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Pratyush wrote:Like an esteemed missing member from the yesterdins. I promise to at crow, if the UPA is defeated in the next general election. A political party formed by IAC, will result in splitting of the Anti INC votes and that will mean that the INC will emerge as the largest political party with minimum of efforts.
If BJP doesn't want that situation then it is better take wind out of it by aligning with Team Anna and bring a strong Lokpal. Otherwise, there is not much big difference between INC and BJP. These days BJP is merely serving as Congress B team. There is no awakening of people by BJP in the form of protests or allies despite so many self-goals by INC.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

SRoy wrote:
Pranav wrote:I am just a realist who has not forgotten that it was a BJP govt that protected the Mainos.
Err...my history must be weak. When did BJP form a govt.? Are you referring to one of the state govt.s they are are running?
I think BJP (or anybody) need to form a govt. at center if they wish to protect (or hang them if you wish) Mainos.
Kindly enlighten me.
He is talking about NDA govt. which rescued Rahul Baba when he was arrested in US.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

So, NDA == BJP?
What if it were NDA's constituent parties? Or the IAS lobby, which in any case was (is and will be) an INC trojan horse for any non-INC govt.? Might have been Brajesh Mishra himself?

Lets be historically accurate.