Indian Interests in US Presidential Election Campaign 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Interests in US Presidential Election Campaign 20

Post by SBajwa »

only certain classes were voting, no women till 1920s onwards.Though freedom enshrined -- was not for all.
Read the U.S. constitution.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charte ... cript.html

At that time around the world women were enslaved (even in India)., so the slavery was lifted in time but before the rest of the world.

There is no better democracy than USA because of its 4 independent power centers.

India has Rajya Sabha where seats are based on population proportions.
that's why India's PM Manmohan Singh gets nominated from Assam!!
in India we did not allow ourselves to be wiped out as in khan land. we kicked the brit butts despite adverse side effects.
It is wrong to say that Indians' kicked British Butt! British were so weaken after second world war that they left after they had thoroughly dried India of its riches (psychologically, mentally, physically) in every which way.

If you believe that begging for Independence and getting it is good then you are different than majority of people who are independent in nature.

BTW. Today I am going to increase my stockpile of weapons (adding to already 3 guns) as I believe that now Ombaba is going to go after U.S constitution by restricting second Amendment which will be a huge mistake.

Nehruiites Indians didn't continued their own Panchayati democracy and got a hodge podge of British based idiocracy! That's a huge issue with India.

Americans simply used their Panchayati democracy (elected people at each state, county, neighborhood level) and when it became independent each state decided on "electoral collage" to sent that many people to represent them in Federal government (which had no powers but defense, foreign affairs and communications in 1776) States were totally independent but when dealing with King of England they were together.

Thus USA is world power and Canada/Australia/etc are not!! in present.

I have several theories about India not being world power since Ashoka and it is because Budhism and Jainism.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

khan land-- wars were fought between indigenous Indians and the present whites. The whites prevailed and killed the originals inhabitants. the gleat americans were nothing but the progeny of english.europeans who looted and raped local populations. Nearly >70% of khan land were wiped out of originals Indians. Great slave trade worsened for some more decades etc etc before AL did his job, paid price with his life.
Indigenous Indians were going to get replaced by anybody from Europe (French, Spainish, Portugese, Belgium, etc) were fighting for this land.

They got replaced by the poor people of Europe who were shipped over to the new colonies to work for them and these colonists once settled declared themselves independent.

Currently USA is the most benign power in the world responsible for people like you and me talking over this internet,using the electricity, saved by the US made medicine, traveling on cars/scooters/bikes that are powered by engines invented in USA, space travel for humans, etc. Had it been changez khan or others you and me had our heads chopped off for questioning the power.

BTW.. India if continues at this juncture (by voting Congress/commies) is going to be ruled by Islamists soon.

The reality is

people of Indian on the other hand never ventured out of India and never have any inclination to do so because of their non-independent nature! people going out of india were declared "Mleccha" before greats like Swami Vivekanand traveled outside of India and explained to people. Since then Indians are slowly coming out of the well.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

At that time around the world women were enslaved (even in India)., so the slavery was lifted in time but before the rest of the world.
women enslaved in India-- ? pretty strong word.
slavery never in India as in west. It is big big for other white countries. No comparison between India and khan land at all. avoid mixing the issues.
There is no better democracy than USA because of its 4 independent power centers.
It depends on what you look at. look at your own statement below to answer the above--
BTW. Today I am going to increase my stockpile of weapons (adding to already 3 guns) as I believe that now Ombaba is going to go after U.S constitution by restricting second Amendment which will be a huge mistake.
yeah no better democracy. I do agree. :rotfl:
that's why India's PM Manmohan Singh gets nominated from Assam!!
irrelevant. Rajya Sabha members are elected by state MLAs.
It is wrong to say that Indians' kicked British Butt! British were so weaken after second world war that they left after they had thoroughly dried India of its riches (psychologically, mentally, physically) in every which way.
I am among many sdres who believe we kicked brit butts. I openely say so to whites. They agree. I have lived in bartania also.
briturds did not go out of India due to weakness. They were made weak due to rebellions across India. wars were funded by India. Indians were the largest voluntary contributors to briturds war efforts.
If you believe that begging for Independence and getting it is good then you are different than majority of people who are independent in nature.
Please read my post properly before commenting. you might be referring to your own your earlier statement that brits were so weakened that they left India. :((

Americans simply used their Panchayati(sdre term 8) ) democracy (elected people at each state, county, neighborhood level) and when it became independent each state decided on "electoral collage" to sent that many people to represent them in Federal government (which had no powers but defense, foreign affairs and communications in 1776) States were totally independent but when dealing with King of England they were together.
slavery were a big issue. electoral college helped to alleviate their concerns.No universal franchise helped it also obvioulsy -- :mrgreen:
Thus USA is world power and Canada/Australia/etc are not!! in present.
electroral college do not make any country world power.
I have several theories about India not being world power since Ashoka and it is because Budhism and Jainism.
you can work on it in separate thread. Many will participate I am sure.

Indigenous Indians were going to get replaced by anybody from Europe (French, Spainish, Portugese, Belgium, etc) were fighting for this land.

They got replaced by the poor people of Europe who were shipped over to the new colonies to work for them and these colonists once settled declared themselves independent.
IOW locals got their asses whipped, looted and raped. colonists became founding fathers -- great country formed after killing locals.
India is unlike the locals in americas(due apologies to original inhabitants). we kicked the invaders with serious adverse effects. we are on the road to recovery.
Currently USA is the most benign power in the world responsible for people like you and me talking over this internet,using the electricity, saved by the US made medicine, traveling on cars/scooters/bikes that are powered by engines invented in USA, space travel for humans, etc. Had it been changez khan or others you and me had our heads chopped off for questioning the power.( hypothetical ones - my riposte -- sdres had being a power centre for over 15 centuries. If it continued to weild a great influence we would have being living on moon, taking vacation in jupiter and saturn. Millions would not have died.)
History tells me that all the above is possible because of Indians who gave knowledge free to the whole world unlike uncle. Think of contributions of sdres which resulted in the above. 8)
uncle had great periods of peace and slavery to help along with riches looted also. It helped to cement their position during 19-20 centuries. became undisputed numero uno after WW2 as other powers weakend with decline in populations. Rebellions occurring in many parts of world against colonisation.
Only now uncle is a great power not in the past.
law of karma will take its place.
The reality is

people of Indian on the other hand never ventured out of India and never have any inclination to do so because of their non-independent nature! people going out of india were declared "Mleccha" before greats like Swami Vivekanand traveled outside of India and explained to people. Since then Indians are slowly coming out of the well.
India have ventured out and their influence was palpable across the world. only if you care to notice it. Due to repeated attacks and cruelty agianst sdres by islaimists invaders-- the mlecchas thing started in a big way. staying inside India helped being in great numbers. Once you venture out you are killed looted raped enslaved or converted. The trade routes were present for time immemorial till islamists blocked them after islam came into being.

explain why Indic influence was strong across world including Americas before whites came.

SBajwa many of the posts are not relevant to this thread.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

There were BRFites who predicted, based on the angry tea baggers in 2010, that Obama was going to lose ityadi ityadi :-)
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ramana wrote: Not individuals but groups and trends. I would put Donald trump in the latter category
Speaking of Obama and Donald trump,

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

krisna miyan: Don't worry too much about ignorant MUTU types.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Maybe some SDREs who fancied themselves as "cholas" did some local wanderings into locations such as this. May be they aren't injuns...But... in the meanwhile just to enjoy the bliss and peace due to one such venture only...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkor_Wat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angkor_Wat.jpg
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Quite appropriate as President Obama's first oversees trip is going to be to Cambodia.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Nandu wrote:Ami Bera won, narrowly. There will be two Hindu Americans in Congress this term.
Who is the other one? The ISKCONite - Tulsi Gabbard - from Hawaii? If yes, her parents - Mike & Carol - are not of Indian origin and controversial devotees of "Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa". It pays to be wary with ISKCONites out in the West.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

SwamyG wrote:
Nandu wrote:Ami Bera won, narrowly. There will be two Hindu Americans in Congress this term.
Who is the other one? The ISKCONite - Tulsi Gabbard - from Hawaii? If yes, her parents - Mike & Carol - are not of Indian origin and controversial devotees of "Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa". It pays to be wary with ISKCONites out in the West.

Could you elaborate about ISKCONites?

Ami Bera's election will take a lot of time to certify since the margin is very small and there are a lot of absentee ballots.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The ISKCONites out in the West, are different from say the followers of Srila Prabhupada in India, because the cultural milieu is different. Even when sects/cults express monotheism or shun/ridicule other sects or mainstream religion and thoughts, there is a level of conformity to pluralism, respect and tolerance. The rebellion sense does not exist. Of course there are exceptions. However, new thoughts spring when a charismatic leader comes up some novel idea, when he or she is disenchanted with the existing setup; a better idea is created. Reforms are ushered in. Ideas are spread. That is how I see the churn in Indic settings. One reason why the Muslims and Christians in India, would behave differently from the Muslims and Christians elsewhere.

In the West, there is this crowd that becomes enchanted with their social milieu, so they rebel and seek exotic ideas from elsewhere. Some are attracted towards Eastern thoughts. However their churn and experimentation occurs in a controlled non-Indic setting. Less pluralism and tolerance. Just like the atheists in the West. Again there are exceptions. There are plenty of caucasian and western Hindus, who have good understanding of the pluralistic Indic thoughts. Because, ISKCON is created on the deep devotion to Krishna, it borders on being monotheistic and can turn an individual fanatic out in the West - because the West is based on the Judeo-Christian principles.

Mike and Carol were followers of this person: http://www.scienceofidentityfoundation. ... jagad_guru Though Mike and Carol are Democrats http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolul ... e-Gabbard/ they are certainly one kind of activists. I have seen several articles pointing how Tulsi Gabbard is going to be a Hindu American Congress woman ityadi. Hindu Americans should celebrate after careful examination of Tulsi onlee.

ps: Oh and I am biased against monotheism :-)
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

SwamyG wrote:Even when sects/cults express monotheism or shun/ridicule other sects or mainstream religion and thoughts...
ps: Oh and I am biased against monotheism :-)
:) You certainly are biased, sir, though it was a far more balanced post than your earlier alarms. I broadly agree.

But as a matter of duty I should draw your attention to how certain non-monotheistic Advaitist establishments in the traditional non-Abrahamic setting of South India several centuries ago assassinated Indic monotheistic saints who wouldn't hurt a fly, tortured some of their followers, even burned a library of rare Indic manuscripts just to destroy the opposition. No parallel to that level of destructive and fanatical mentality exists from Indic monotheism at least in the last 1000 years, as far as I'm aware.

Instead of generalizing fanaticism to certain races more than others, its more useful to try to analyze it based on the relative arrangement of memes and political equations at any time or place. A Hindu American convert in politics could possibly turn out to be more significant for India than a Bobby Jindal.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Carl wrote:But as a matter of duty I should draw your attention to how certain non-monotheistic Advaitist establishments in the traditional non-Abrahamic setting of South India several centuries ago assassinated Indic monotheistic saints who wouldn't hurt a fly, tortured some of their followers, even burned a library of rare Indic manuscripts just to destroy the opposition. No parallel to that level of destructive and fanatical mentality exists from Indic monotheism at least in the last 1000 years, as far as I'm aware.
"Assassinated saints"? I guess you are referring Adi Shankara. Could you please elaborate on this?
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

The First Dharmic Senator, a non-Indic (Japanese) Buddhist. She claims to be a non-practicing Buddhist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazie_Hirono
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

OT

Businessweek Cover Nov. 12-18, 2012

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Carl: Who are you talking about? When it comes to South I know about two allegations - one about Jaina saints being impaled by a Chola/Pandyan king (I am not sure which dynasty the King was from). The other about the massacre of Mandya Iyengars by Tipu Sultan.

And no sir, I did not generalize violence or fanaticism to any one race. My point was specific to ISKCONites in the West vs Sri Vasinavas in India.

ps: Balance, imbalance lies in the eyes of the beer-holder :-)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

On this note of how we bring India into every thread, lets close this one.

Thanks all for the participation in any form!!!

ramana