Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 31 Oct 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
parsuram
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 31 Oct 201

Postby parsuram » 28 Nov 2011 01:27

Saptrishi: I suggest that you read before you pass judgment and bundle the kuran with the Bible or the Gita. You have a lot to learn.

johneeG
BRF Oldie

Postby johneeG » 28 Nov 2011 01:59

No orthdox and knowledgable hindu, christian, or muslim would agree to clubbing Gita, bible and koran together.

It comes across as ignorant, shallow and juvenile understanding.

Ram Swarup's 'understanding Islam through hadiths' is available online. Its informative.

Why blame the mullah, or priest, or pandit for preaching their religion? They are only the messengers. If the religion is flawed, why blame the individuals?

Just because we want all people/religions to be good, doesnt mean they are. There are good and bad people. There are good and bad religions.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 28 Nov 2011 02:27

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15911727
Watch the Video of TFTA lookings attendees at the Funeral.

Pakistan buries 24 troops killed in Nato airstrike
Pakistan has buried 24 of its troops who were killed in a Nato airstrike at a checkpoint on the Afghan border.
Army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani led mourners in funeral prayers at military headquarters in the north-western city of Peshawar.The incident on Saturday has heightened already tense relations between Pakistan and the US and Nato

ManuT
BRFite

Postby ManuT » 28 Nov 2011 04:07

In this halobaloo over the ISAF helicopter attack, I missed it if these were regular troops or the FC border guards?

Then this bit (from a few pages back) of 'high ranking SSG got killed at the check post'. At the check post ??

Can someone clarify. TIA.

Roperia
BRFite

Postby Roperia » 28 Nov 2011 04:23

Has anyone noticed the change in tactics by President Obama?

He is again resorting to leading from behind (remember Libya?).

The narrative that is being established is that NATO helicopters strafed the Paki checkposts and not the US helicopters.

I remember reading/watching on CNN that almost all of the air assets in this area are operated by the US.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 28 Nov 2011 04:47

Zardari Ki Tyari
Pak atomic program not safe in Zardari presence: Qureshi
GHOTKI: Former foreign minister Show Meboob Qureshi Sunday alleged that Pakistan's atomic program was not safe as long as Asif Ali Zardari was the President of the country.Addressing a large public gathering here, Qureshi said: "Pakistan's atomic program was not safe in the presence of Zardari …. I would make more disclosures on the threat posed by Zardari to the atomic program at Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's rally in Karachi (on Dec 25)."He said today President Asif Zardari was in league with those whom Benazir Bhutto had suspected of plotting to murder her. "If she had been alive today, would she have allowed this to happen?" he asked the charged crowd who responded with resounding "no".

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 28 Nov 2011 05:56

OK. Ramana Sir!! I will delete my post.!!!

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 28 Nov 2011 06:12

sukhish wrote:People are day dreaming on this forum, the current goi is not going to do anything to annoy anybody.
If Pakistan is in bad shape, let it rot itself. It is in not in india's control as to what Pakistan does.

IMO the current and future governments will do enough to allow Pakistan to retain a sense of "normality" so that we can "trade" with them etc. This will allow the Pakistani structure to survive - which means the army gets the aid money and the improving/surviving economy of Pakistan empowers the middle class who fund the jamaat-ud-dawa and Hafiz Saeed. I wonder if the Einsteins in government have figured this out? I have seen ehough stupidity from the Americans for decades without having to see the same brand of stupidity from Indians.

Mihaylo
BRFite

Postby Mihaylo » 28 Nov 2011 06:34

saptarishi wrote:"faith" is not bad. "Blind faith" is. It is nothing but a result of a person's inability to make conscious decisions but how his faith is to be practiced either out of his own stupidity or the prevailing power structure in his religious community, which doesn't permit him to use his brains. When there are so many extremist strains in a particular religion then there has to be something fundamentally wrong with the religion. Now, when such kind of introspection is itself outlawed (and strictly adhered to) in that religion then what significant change can be expected without fundamental changes within the particular religion ?
even blind faith is not bad,,but blind faith to something false is bad...just cheack gita ,quran or bible,,,,nothing in them is wrong....gita teaches us to do our duty without expectation of result .it teaches dhyan yog,karma yog etc,,,quran teaches devotion to god kindness,,,bible teaches mercy and devotion,,,,,,NO ONE FAILS IF THESE ABOVE VIRTUES ARE FOLLOWED.PROBLEM STARTS WHEN a mullah /clergy/baba misinterprets the teachings for personal gains.....quran doesn't preach killing in the name of jehad is a way to heaven,,,,,GITA DOESN'T ask us to masacre muslims in gujarat or demolish a mosque.....its the stupid mullahs and VHP/RSS TYPE BIGOTS who destroy the sacred religions,,thats it,,,we can have BLIND FAITH IN RELIGION but we should be careful while trusting the preachers

A post for the Islamism and Islamaphobia thread, but you sir have not read the quran. About the bible I can say with reasonable surety that the god of the old testament is nothing to worship about. No idea about the geeta but what little I have heard about it I find it quite ok.
Last edited by Mihaylo on 28 Nov 2011 07:52, edited 3 times in total.

jrjrao
BRFite

Postby jrjrao » 28 Nov 2011 06:39

Prophet Zaid Hamid claims that this a photo of "Major Mujahid and Captain Usman", the two afsars who, along with 22 non-afsars, were fast and peacefully asleep in the middle of a blissful moonlit night at that border post when NATO baddies "undertook a sustained two-hour attack involving helicopters and fighter jets."

Not sure if the person on the left is Pak army. Looks like the US has been spending good money to buy some pretty dapper outfits for the Paki army.

Photu

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Postby Gerard » 28 Nov 2011 06:47

Says Al-Guardian...

Pakistan has had enough

Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Postby Suppiah » 28 Nov 2011 07:07

Usually the Pakis have to put a gun to their own head and blackmail others...look like they have hired some gora 'journalists' to do it for them..look he has a gun to his head that might go off anytime! Surrender!

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 28 Nov 2011 07:17

JE Menon wrote:>>Maybe the fastest way to deprogram radical Islam in Pakistan is for it to take over overtly that state.

Maybe, maybe not. The Iranian example exists, and so does the Afghan example (which would likely still in place if 9/11 hadn't occurred). I'm specifically referring to the "deprogram radical Islam" part.

If Taseer is correct in his assessment, Iranian youth are ready for a secular regime, having experienced state Islam.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 28 Nov 2011 07:18

Mihaylo wrote:PROBLEM STARTS WHEN a mullah /clergy/baba misinterprets the teachings for personal gains.....quran doesn't preach killing in the name of jehad is a way to heaven,,,

Lots of errors..
My reply here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5680&p=1202082#p1202082

Airavat
BRF Oldie

Postby Airavat » 28 Nov 2011 07:54

Shah Mehmood Qureshi as the Sajjada Nashin of Ghousia Jamaat

There was a time when Multani Faqeers- the term used for Ghousia Jamaat, visited villages and towns to spread Sufism by chanting the slogans of Hazrat Ghous Bahauddin Zakariya of Multan, their “murshid” (spiritual leader). The “Sajjada Nashin” of the murshid- his direct descendant, would nominate the local representatives of the jamaat, known as “khalifa” (caliph), who had an influential role in their communities.

Khalifo Faiz Muhammad lives in a village near Kambar Shahdadkot district. He was nominated as the caliph of Ghousia Jamaat almost a year ago when his father, Faqeer Soomar Khalifo, died. The former foreign minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who is now the Sajjada Nashin, flew in to present Muhammad with a turban, the symbolic identity of the area’s chief caliph.

According to Muhammad, the jamaat still exists, but was not active because of socio-economic constraints. Poverty has increased and the people are now more focused on making their ends meet. “But we received a message from our spiritual leader [Qureshi] to reorganise the jamaat,” he said. “I will go and meet the people in our area after his rally in Ghotki.” Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) held a rally on Sunday in which Qureshi announced to join it. Muhammad said that most of the people in Sindh still follow Hazrat Ghous Bahauddin Zakariya and visit Multan every year for his urs.

Altair
BRF Oldie

Postby Altair » 28 Nov 2011 08:34

Capt Usman Shabbir and Major Mujahid from 105 L/C are among the dead. The number of dead seems to be changing.

Can folks tell more about the unit from uniforms?

Shaashtanga
BRFite

Postby Shaashtanga » 28 Nov 2011 08:50

While NATO helis cleaned up some dog poop, in other newj -
Alarm sounded after RCMP seizes fake Pakistani passport cache

However, Sahebzada A. Khan, Consul General of Pakistan in Toronto, confirmed the information and blamed the ‘global passport mafia’ behind the smuggling. :rotfl:

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Postby Pranav » 28 Nov 2011 09:27

shiv wrote:Why can't radical Islam be wound up and checked?

There are no such things as radical Islam and moderate Islam. You just have pure Islam and impure Islam.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 28 Nov 2011 09:30

Apparently, the resident Paki joker coloumnist ( whom BRF knows well), Sri.Ikram "Pagal" Sehgal, wasnt just a Indian PoW in 1971 but was a runaway PoW who escaped from Bihar and landed up in Calcatta US embassy seeking a ride back to TSP!!! :eek: :eek:

Escape from India

Even though there was no war declared between Pakistan and India in early April 1971, India held a number of Pakistani officers, including myself as Prisoners of War (POWs). The soldiers had been handed over by the Bengali element of the Pakistan Army that had revolted in East Pakistan. 
Beaten and tortured in a cell in the 91 Border Security Force (BSF) Quarter Guard in Agartala, I would have probably died an unknown soldier had it not been for the local Indian Army Brigade Commander who on hearing that there was a Pakistani 'super-commando' (hardly) being brutalised by the BSF acted as soldier should treat a POW, he sent a detachment to “rescue” me.

I was given to believe that I was taken away from the atrocious clutches of the BSF almost at gunpoint and was carried to the Army camp barely conscious. I was patched up and as soon as I was able to stand on my feet, was sent a day or so later to Agartala Jail. Many Pakistani civilians were held in Agartala Jail at that time, some had families with them. They were mostly tea planters from adjacent Sylhet District. Among the dozen or so Pakistani officers, one was of Bangladeshi origin, Capt Amin Ahmad Chaudhry, wrongly suspected of being a Pakistani intelligence operative. 

I was kept isolated from the other Pakistanis in Agartala Jail but was extremely lucky to fall under the “care” of a fellow inmate who happened to be a Naxalite leader, called Majumdar. The Naxalite leader may have been technically in custody but the way he roamed around, he had the run of the jail. Before April 1971 I had never heard of a Naxalite, over the next two weeks I got a personal tutorial of their aims and objectives from someone who cheerfully informed me that he had committed 17 murders (When I got back to Pakistan and told those who were de-briefing me about “Naxalites”, they brushed it aside as a figment of my imagination). As to his privileged status in jail, Majumdar said pointedly that the jail warden had a family to worry about. The Naxalite chief had a very simple attitude towards life. If somebody attempts to hurt you, just hurt him right back, but so hard that he can never hurt you again. He was very well informed, the jailers outdoing themselves to keep in his favour. Days before we were shifted from Agartala, he told me confidently that we would be taken either to Fort William in Calcutta or to some location very near that.
Along with several other officers and other ranks (ORs) we were air-lifted by an Indian Air Force (IAF) Dakota to Panagarh (on the Bengal-Behar Border) a hundred or so miles west of Calcutta. Established in Nissan Huts of World War 2 vintage. Panagarh Army Base was a huge Army depot. The POW camp was set up by 430 Field Company of 203 Army Engineer Regt (possibly Madras Sappers & Miners) under the direct supervision of Artilleryman Brig Coelho, the local Station Commander. The camp Commandant Maj.

RS Uppal had Capt Singh and Lt Richard Scott to help him. Because the countries were not at war we were served with detention papers for legal incarceration under something possibly called the “Maintenance of Internal Security Act” (MISA). 
From 25 May 1971 to 16 July 1971, I was incarcerated in Panagarh. Nobody declared us to the Red Cross as per the Geneva Convention. We were informed by Brig Coelho, and reminded umpteen times at the drop of a hat by Uppal and his lot, that since we were not at war we were not POWs and thus did not exist. . I found out later in Pakistan that we were “missing, believed killed”. That did not explain why the Indian Army was holding us as prisoners. The conditions were not comfortable but then one does not expect a POW camp to be a five-star hotel; the south Indian food was Army standard issue and palatable.

The interrogations were long but were not brutal of the BSF-kind. Interrogations, isolations, mental games, etc, those are all part of one's existence as a POW and we went through the whole gamut. 
Amin Ahmad Chaudhry was eventually cleared by the Indians and went to join the newly-formed 'Mukti Bahini' under the control of the Eastern Command of the Indian Army. ‘Ho Chi', as I have always called him, eventually rose to the rank of Major General in the Bangladesh Army. He commanded an infantry Division and (irony of ironies) became the Director General Forces Intelligence (DGFI) before retiring as an Ambassador. Even today he remains a good friend.
We were subjected to extensive interrogation, some of it extremely sophisticated, mainly by someone from Research and Analytical Wing (RAW) called “Maj. Malhotra”. He claimed to have taken part in the 1965 War with 16 Delhi Cavalry (Hodson's House). Since I knew a little bit about what had happened to 16 Punjab at Dograi village in 1965, his account gelled. In a strained environment such as a POW camp, it is relatively easy to create tension among the inmates.

Malhotra almost managed to do just that. 
I decided I had no option but to escape.
Some of us, led by Maj.... Sadiq Nawaz, had starting working on a escape plan within days of reaching Panagarh, Malhotra's machinations delayed our plans to an extent. His innuendoes made us worry about possible informers amongst ourselves. The only way to escape was to somehow maneuver myself into solitary confinement. By the simple expedient of calling Lt Scott ‘Scotty”, I managed to arouse Uppal's ire enough to get myself where I wanted to be. I had respect for the way Uppal treated us as POWs (unlike Capt Chatterjee from the Rajput Regiment who was probably Coelho's staff officer in the Station HQ).

Very much out of character he blew his top and said he would break me and send me out of the camp on my knees. He was right, I did go out of the camp on my knees but on my own terms.
On 16 July 1971, one day before my father's 50th birthday and two days before my 25th, I broke out of solitary confinement and out of the POW camp, “Sadiq Nawaz's Express” was on its way. Instead of heading to Bihar, I headed east towards Calcutta, making it into the city in the late afternoon of 17 July 1971.

Without a penny on me, I walked around the city barefoot before breaking into the American Consulate General on Harrington Street in the early evening and asking for political asylum as an allied soldier from CENTO and SEATO. There was curfew at night in Calcutta. US Marine Sgt. Frank Adair (who remains my friend even today) saved my life. The US Marine Detachment chipped in for a small cake for my birthday on 18 July 1971. Four days later, but in far better shape physically, with new clothes on my back and some money in my pocket, I was on the run again.

With my photographs on display at the railway station and bus stops, the only way out of Calcutta was by air, I took an Indian Airlines Flight from Dum Dum Airport to New Delhi. It is easy to talk about it now; at that time my stomach was so tight with fear I could not swallow the ice-cream in the airport restaurant. After a few days in the city, I went to Agra by road. By this time I was armed, with a husband-wife couple (Ram Das and Moni) as my immediate companions and at some distance Mehr Khan and Nabi Baksh as an armed escort (which the couple were not aware of). From there on it was “run silent, run deep”, by train to Kanpur and Lucknow till the Nepalese border at Bhairhawa. From Kathmandu, where I stayed for nearly 10 days, I went by air to Rangoon and Bangkok on 13 August 1971, before reaching Dacca on Aug 17, 1971. 
In Indian custody for a total of 99 days, I had made it out of the POW camp on exactly the 100th day, thus becoming the first Pakistani POW to successfully escape from an Indian POW camp.

The elongated period of interrogation/de-briefing lasted 84 days, my Punjabi father-Bengali mother combination in the 1971 environment and rather blunt views as to what was happening in East Pakistan unfortunately made me somewhat of an anti-hero. Even my poor father was pressed into trying to get me to change my stance so that I could get a medal. If it meant betraying my mother's people, I did not want it. My father agreed with me and went back to West Pakistan. 

I was finally posted back to West Pakistan on Nov 12, 1971 and opted out of Army Aviation by choice. On request for an infantry unit, I was posted to 44 Punjab (now 4 Sindh) on Nov 27, 1971, joining them in the field near Rahimyar Khan. On the morning of Dec 3, 1971, war broke out and we were moved on Dec 10, 1971 by train and road to Umerkot in the Thar Desert.
As the sun came out on Dec 13, 1971, while commanding a rifle company on Sanohi Ridge near Chor I was given “battlefield promotion” to the rank of Major by my twice decorated Commanding Officer, Lt Col (later Brig) Mohammad Taj, SJ & Bar. My rifle company was re-named by Col Taj as “Sehgal Company”, soldiers will understand why one is proud that the name still stands today. After staying out in the field throughout 1972 and than taking extensive part in Balochistan operations against Baloch rebels in 1973, I left the Army on Jan 25, 1974.
A plan seldom materializes according to the script worked out by the planner, though in the end the results may turn out to be just as successful. So many things could have gone wrong.
Far too many mistakes were made by me in the implementation of the plan. I only learnt through experience the many pitfalls that existed. My luck held throughout and somebody up there, namely God, was looking after me. A successful escape was by no means an ideal escape, it had the elements of audacity bordering on stupidity, and yet I was lucky enough to muddle though somehow. 
At the time of my escape, conditions of war did not exist between Pakistan and India, though it almost amounted to that. Those who escaped or attempted to escape after my successful attempt had an infinitely harder task. They were very brave men. It goes to their credit that many successfully managed to get through.

Murugan
BRF Oldie

Postby Murugan » 28 Nov 2011 09:34

Shabbir seems to be a TFTA pakjabi. Mujahid looks like a mohajir.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 28 Nov 2011 09:38

Pranav wrote:
shiv wrote:Why can't radical Islam be wound up and checked?

There are no such things as radical Islam and moderate Islam. You just have pure Islam and impure Islam.

I have two complaints about this post.
1. You are quoting part of a conversation out of context without knowing why I wrote that making it necessary for me to repeat an earlier post so that you (and others) can understand what I am talking about
shiv wrote:Moderate Muslims are Muslims who do not think every day about the fact that their religion can be interpreted as demanding that every non Muslim be opposed. What Zia, Bhutto and most Wahhabi mullahs do is to remind their flock every Friday, if not every day that their own God will personally drop his pants and **gger them if they do not obey his command that kafirs are to be opposed. In the case of Pakistan the specific kafirs to be opposed are Hindus.

2.By making this well known assertion that "there is no such thing as moderate or radical Islam" you are only revealing the depth of your personal knowledge and are doing nothing to clear up the confusion that exists in the minds of 99% of people who believe that there is a moderate and radical version in Islam. Whether you like it or not, that is what people have been taught to think. Unless you are able to make that clear a statement that merely adds to confusion could well have been left out. I seem to recall that you have said this before. Yes, I know. Most of us know.

If you can add gyan, I am listening.

sum
BRF Oldie

Postby sum » 28 Nov 2011 09:40

X-post:
sum wrote:Lots of stories on the 1971 war in this time WEEK edition. Read them all:
When freedom triumphed

Airavat
BRF Oldie

Postby Airavat » 28 Nov 2011 09:45

US commanders on the ground are deciding US-Pakistan policy: NY Times

In recent months American forces have complained that they have taken mortar and rocket fire from positions in Pakistani territory, as officials said they did early Saturday in the Mohmand region, just north of the Khyber Pass, prompting American troops to call in airstrikes. “It’s a case of the tail wagging the dog,” Mr. Nasr said. When they respond forcefully along the border, “U.S. commanders on the ground are deciding U.S.-Pakistan policy.”

Asked on “Fox News Sunday” how he would respond in such a situation, Jon M. Huntsman Jr., President Obama’s former ambassador to China who is now seeking the Republican presidential nomination, said, “I would recognize exactly what the U.S.-Pakistani relationship has become, which is merely a transactional relationship.” He said that American aid to Pakistan should be contingent on keeping the supply lines to Afghanistan open and continuing counterterrorism cooperation. “And I think our expectations have to be very, very low in terms of what we can get out of the relationship,” he said.

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Postby Pranav » 28 Nov 2011 09:47

parsuram wrote:First, they have to be disabused of the myth that allah/mummhad is all powerful. One begins by demolishing as many ramshakle masjids that one can find.

Enforcing freedom of speech and freedom of choice, and speaking truthfully about history would be a far more potent statement, than taking down any ramshackle structure.

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Postby Pranav » 28 Nov 2011 09:52

shiv wrote:By making this well known assertion that "there is no such thing as moderate or radical Islam" you are only revealing the depth of your personal knowledge and are doing nothing to clear up the confusion that exists in the minds of 99% of people who believe that there is a moderate and radical version in Islam. Whether you like it or not, that is what people have been taught to think.

OK, if one has suitable definitions one can make consistent statements.

The question is whether, by going with the misconceptions of the 99%, you allowing the virus to lurk in the bloodstream, to mount an offensive when immunity is low. IMHO, if we cannot handle the truth, it is better to be silent rather than reinforce misconceptions.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 28 Nov 2011 10:04

Pranav wrote:OK, if one has suitable definitions one can make consistent statements.

The question is whether, by going with the misconceptions of the 99%, you allowing the virus to lurk in the bloodstream, to mount an offensive when immunity is low. IMHO, if we cannot handle the truth, it is better to be silent rather than reinforce misconceptions.

my reply is here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5680&p=1202144#p1202144

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Postby Muppalla » 28 Nov 2011 10:22

The way massive protests are occuring in TSP at this time to protest the NATO killing of 24 TSP soldiers, I think the leak of Haqqani-memo is deliberate. It is possible someone really wants TSPA to take over Pak again.

niran
BRF Oldie

Postby niran » 28 Nov 2011 10:32

Altair wrote:Can folks tell more about the unit from uniforms?

no not about uniforms but both of them are chubby(most favorable word)
looks like two desk keepers posing in uniforms.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 28 Nov 2011 10:34

Muppalla wrote:The way massive protests are occuring in TSP at this time to protest the NATO killing of 24 TSP soldiers, I think the leak of Haqqani-memo is deliberate. It is possible someone really wants TSPA to take over Pak again.

Mupalla. What massive protests?

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 28 Nov 2011 10:38

niran wrote:
Altair wrote:Can folks tell more about the unit from uniforms?

no not about uniforms but both of them are chubby(most favorable word)
looks like two desk keepers posing in uniforms.

Does it mean the TSPA is sending its chairborne warriors to frontlines?

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Postby Muppalla » 28 Nov 2011 10:40

shiv wrote:
Muppalla wrote:The way massive protests are occuring in TSP at this time to protest the NATO killing of 24 TSP soldiers, I think the leak of Haqqani-memo is deliberate. It is possible someone really wants TSPA to take over Pak again.

Mupalla. What massive protests?

http://news.yahoo.com/enraged-pakistani ... 05.html?nc

Here is the news from yahoo and there are several outlets with similar news.

partha
BRF Oldie

Postby partha » 28 Nov 2011 10:44

Muppalla wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/enraged-pakistani ... 05.html?nc

Here is the news from yahoo and there are several outlets with similar news.

This happens every Friday.

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Postby Muppalla » 28 Nov 2011 10:50

In this case TSPA has to show it has balls. Otherwise the last institution that most of the Pakis pride is lost forever. I think they are being trapped to go-ahead with a coup plan.

niran
BRF Oldie

Postby niran » 28 Nov 2011 10:53

ramana wrote:
Does it mean the TSPA is sending its chairborne warriors to frontlines?

it means to quote a russki jarnail
fat soffft and vik

dada
BRFite

Postby dada » 28 Nov 2011 10:54

# shiv

we need to discuss/rediscuss openly-freely the meaning of following terms on a continuous basis

muslim, radical muslim, moderate muslim
islam, radical islam, moderate islam
nonmuslim, nonbeliever, kaffir etc

the precise output of this discussion must be a definition accepted by all/majority here
definition is the "meaning" which the user of the term has assigned/attached to it

the first step to clearup the confusion is to SEE the confusion

Chats with Muslims posing as Muslim get you the same answer "read quran-hadiths"

the fact is most muslims do not have strong knowledge of arabic or the arabic version 1400 yrs back
most muslims understand quran through their own mother tongue in which they are born.
I have come across muslim chatters who claim that prophet had already made all the scientific discoveries 1400 yrs back. His insights were coded in quran & all should acknowledge them ! These chaps have been made to believe that Quran is complete & it encompasses everything & everyone ! So Quran must be allowed to poke its nose in every aspect of human life from birth to death. quran is applicable to all social, political, economic, cultural & even banking,finance,environment, education etc

Strategy: if u cannot clarify then confuse your competitors/opponents/enemies/other players in the
system ?

Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Postby Shrinivasan » 28 Nov 2011 10:55

Muppalla wrote:In this case TSPA has to show it has balls. Otherwise the last institution that most of the Pakis pride is lost forever. I think they are being trapped to go-ahead with a coup plan.

A Coup is the best thing to happen to India-Pakistan relationship... "Aman ki Tamasha" et al would be wound up... Uncle would also have to growl and kick at appropriate junctures, Carrot and Stick would continue behind the scene and there is no need for TSPA to carry on the Charade it is doing now.. everyone is happy.
only problem is we will be seeing less of Hina Rabbani Khar!!!

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 28 Nov 2011 10:59

B Raman was writing about chances of a Subaltern's coup in TSP in the CLAWS site.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 28 Nov 2011 11:03

Sorry, Shiv, to add to your reading list again, if you haven't read Nassim Nicholas Taleb's "The Black Swan - The Impact of the Highly Improbable".

From a risk-management perspective, wittingly or unwittingly, MMS & co are doing the right thing - keeping the risk of terrorist attacks like 26/11, which are quite probable, and though horrible, nevertheless limited in impact - versus the low probability, but extremely high impact events that can happen from a war - of which we have little(no) experience of it escalating to nuclear.

I know I'm making an unpopular statement here, but I am convinced that Taleb's is right, and that I'm correctly applying his ideas. One of the "obvious" ideas from his book is that one tries to avoid any exposure to no-matter-how-rare events that have an unlimited downside. Interestingly, he also observes that military people seem to understand this the best, and economists and financial types understand it the least.

Any responsible government in India, based on Taleb's ideas, would do quite a bit to avoid a war with Pakistan, with its unlimited possibility of negative impacts.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 28 Nov 2011 11:06

how was he captured by India 9 months before war broke out? did his helicopter stray across the BD border into India?

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 28 Nov 2011 11:29

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/hijada-k ... age-part-2
Hijada(Khusara) Pakistan Army's Impotent Rage part-2
( Video of Paki Izzat Being Looted Without Karo Kari)

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”