Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 201

Post by anupmisra »

Fliendly Fire

Pakistani Taliban says it killed Chinese woman
A spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for killing a Chinese woman in the northwestern city of Peshawar. Taliban spokesman Mohammad Afridi said on Thursday the woman was targeted to avenge what he said were atrocities carried out by Chinese security forces in the heavily Muslim northwestern region of Xinjiang.
Now what? Chinese getting directly involved in l'affaires des le taliban?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

saip, Jayanth Reddy's record was set in 21 minutes and 46 seconds and not in 60 minutes.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

That paki is trying to impart a whole new meaning to the term 'kick'. And his ammi jaan says that he practiced for 3 YEARS for that effort!!!

I think the only thing he practiced was to stand on one leg for the time required. And I don't think it will take 3 years for that.

Those 'kicks' don't even have the strength to tickle anyone...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

JohneeG
The real kick is in the age old BRF test for suspected Poaqqushka. If your foot hurt after kicking the Mush , then know that its a Globally GUBOized experienced TFTA Mush of Paki.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/01/at-the-bin-qasims.html
At the Bin Qasims
Welcome people to the first Bin Qasim Award Ceremony in which we hand out this new award to all those patriots who, in local and international media, have continued to make sure that Pakistan remains to be hailed as the greatest bastion of faith, feistiness and froth.
I, Red Warhead Hamid, am proud to host the first installment of the Bin Qasims that would turn sissy imperialist events like the Oscars into Zionist gold standard dust!
So, good looking patriotic ladies who only nod to what I say and karate black belt gentlemen who rightly believe Bruce Lee was mysteriously murdered because he had decided to convert to Islam, let’s begin this glorious ceremony. Please stand up for the national anthem!
*Pakistan national anthem (in Arabic)*
Alhamdulillah! We finally have an anthem in our own language. Okay, now please welcome my co-host for the evening, Mr. Ali Razzmatazzmat!At the Bin Qasims
by Nadeem F. Paracha on March 1st, 2012 | Comments (28)
Welcome people to the first Bin Qasim Award Ceremony in which we hand out this new award to all those patriots who, in local and international media, have continued to make sure that Pakistan remains to be hailed as the greatest bastion of faith, feistiness and froth.
I, Red Warhead Hamid, am proud to host the first installment of the Bin Qasims that would turn sissy imperialist events like the Oscars into Zionist gold standard dust!
So, good looking patriotic ladies who only nod to what I say and karate black belt gentlemen who rightly believe Bruce Lee was mysteriously murdered because he had decided to convert to Islam, let’s begin this glorious ceremony. Please stand up for the national anthem!

*Pakistan national anthem (in Arabic)*

Alhamdulillah! We finally have an anthem in our own language. Okay, now please welcome my co-host for the evening, Mr. Ali Razzmatazzmat!
Hello Ali.
Blughhhh!!
Oh, my. What did you have for breakfast?
Zionist cornflakes!
Ah, it figures. You should have had the Yemeni pancakes that I gave you, fool.
Sorry, guru. I was tricked into eating those disgusting things. I think the Illuminati are trying to poison me. But I washed them down with Coke.
The Illuminati?[/code]No, the cornflakes.
(Someone from the audience): Hey! Coke is also owned by Zionists!
Blughhh!
Oh, my. Ali you must take some medicine.
(Someone from the audience): Hey! All medicine brands are owned by Zionists
Anurag
BRFite

Post by Anurag »

The Spy Who Quit
A Conversation with Amrullah Saleh

Must watch Video! As always Saleh at his very best, direct and to the point!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... -quit.html

Transcript available on the same page for those living in the past... :wink:
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

seriously, it was hilarious watching that video. I never thought that moving the foot 6 inches in a repetitive manner is considered a kick. Jayanth was actually delivering a solid kick while the Paki was placing toe chummas on the board... :lol:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

So India is better that Pakistan then, with the Indian being able to kick more times per minute that the Paki.

India and Pakistan are nuclear armed rivals who have fought four wars over the disputed territory of Kashmir where Pakistan alleges that soldiers from Hindu majority India have committed human rights violations on the Muslims of Kashmir. India accuses Pakistan of involvement in the Mumbai terrorist attacks of 2008 when ten gunmen entered the Indian city of Mumbai and killed 168 people including 6 Americans. Pakistan denies the charge. The healthy competition between India and Pakistan in kicking the air augurs well for the two troubled nations. Pakistan is racked by violence while India has the largest number of hungry people in the world.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

devesh wrote:seriously, it was hilarious watching that video. I never thought that moving the foot 6 inches in a repetitive manner is considered a kick. Jayanth was actually delivering a solid kick while the Paki was placing toe chummas on the board... :lol:
6 inches!! :shock: :eek: Saar, it was barely 2 inches. Ok, maybe 3. As you say, it was like chummas to the bag.

I think the irony of paki existence is how frequently the two words 'seriously' and 'hilarious' can be used together. :)
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

:rotfl: @shiv
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

johneeG wrote:
devesh wrote:seriously, it was hilarious watching that video. I never thought that moving the foot 6 inches in a repetitive manner is considered a kick. Jayanth was actually delivering a solid kick while the Paki was placing toe chummas on the board... :lol:
6 inches!! :shock: :eek: Saar, it was barely 2 inches. Ok, maybe 3. As you say, it was like chummas to the bag.

I think the irony of paki existence is how frequently the two words 'seriously' and 'hilarious' can be used together. :)
Once upon a time we had a "serious" thread for Pakistan and a BENIS thread for the ridiculous. Now we have so many serious Pakistan threads that this thread deals with the ridiculous while BENIS has graduated to a sublime meta-ridiculous Pakistan thread.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Meanwhile:
Bharat Rakshak ‏ @bharatrakshak

Pakistan Army brigadier had conspired to bomb the Pakistani GHQ with an F-16 jet bit.ly/yFu0ng
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Why are we Hiring Terroristians

Pakistan stars hope to revive Indian ties
NEW DELHI: Pakistani stars playing in a new Indian field hockey league said Thursday their participation could help revive sporting links between the two countries.Five current and former Pakistan internationals, including ex-captain Zeeshan Ashraf, are in India for the lucrative but unsanctioned World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament which opened on Wednesday.“We are thrilled to be in India,” said Zeeshan, who is joined in the tournament by team-mates Adnan Maqsood, Rehan Butt, Shakeel Abbassi and Waseem Ahmed.“This is a great platform to forge friendship between India and Pakistan. I hope it will mark the start of sporting ties between the two countries.”Bilateral series in cricket, the most popular sport in the sub-continent, have been stalled since a terrorist attack on Mumbai in November 2008.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Transitary State of Pakistan
Carvan Khatam Hooa, owrr part dekhte Rahe
Djinna abhi Marra hi thaa ki Bangladesh Nikal gya
GOAT Jubb Khatam hui tho Balochistan Khisak gya
Gilgit Hunza Sale Pei, KP ke Fool sei , Sindu Desh ki Dhool se
Kashmir tho mila nahi, Pakjabi subb mar gaye
Orr Indoo Wagha paar sei , Dhol ki taal pei
Whiskey ke jalal mei , Bhangra ka dance karte gyee !
orr
Jubb bhi mood banna , Pocket me Dollar bharre
Choicest lahori maal ko Dabochte rahe!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjeAynC5xa8
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^ :rotfl: Carvan gujar gaya, gubar dekhte rahe, aur hum khade-2 ...
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

That was legendary Shiv ji! :rotfl:

You've successfully extracted the repetitive text from a report on the state of India-Pak relations in the Western Press?

Waah waah Jhujar ji! :lol:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Suicide bomber hits Islamabad; kills 23 of rival group
A Pakistani official says a suicide bomber has killed 23 people, many of them believed to be militants, in an attack on the base of a rival insurgent group.
Friday's bombing took place in the Tirah Valley region close to the border with Afghanistan. Political administration official Iqbal Khan says the target of the bombing was the base of the Lashkar-e-Islam group. He didn't immediately know how many of those killed were militants and how many were civilians.

A commander of the Pakistani Taliban, which is a rival of Lashkar-e-Islam, claimed responsibility for the attack in a call to an Associated Press reporter. The commander gave his name as Mohammed.

Both groups have been fighting for control of the Tirah Valley.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

'Over fifty dead' in NW Pakistan violence
http://www.samaa.tv/newsdetail.aspx?ID=43951&CID=1

Twenty-two people were killed in a suicide attack targeting a mosque after Friday prayers in the Tirah valley, while at least 10 soldiers and 23 militants died in an earlier clash around 10 kilometres away (six miles).
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shravan wrote:'Over fifty dead' in NW Pakistan violence
http://www.samaa.tv/newsdetail.aspx?ID=43951&CID=1

Twenty-two people were killed in a suicide attack targeting a mosque after Friday prayers in the Tirah valley, while at least 10 soldiers and 23 militants died in an earlier clash around 10 kilometres away (six miles).
8) This is just plain awesome. US attacks an Islamic country anywhere i the world, Pakistan being the self appointed protector of Islam kills scores of lesser Islamists in their own country and they take revenge by blowing their cousins in a Mosque on jhumma.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

jaZack-ulla!! This is the most pious jumma in several dins :D
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

It only gets better on what else a FRIDAY!

Seventy dead in NW Pakistan violence: official

Dawn
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

From "The News" (posting in full)
FC soldier shoots prayer leader dead
Kamran Mansoor - Friday, March 02, 2012
Karachi
With the grisly images of a Pakistan Rangers man shooting young Sarfaraz Shah in cold blood still fresh in the memory of citizens, another case of an extrajudicial killing by another paramilitary force emerged on Thursday.

This time it was a Frontier Constabulary jawan that gunned down the Peshimam of a mosque near the Hospital Chowrangi of Muhammadi Colony in Landhi.

The incident, which left four others injured, took place after a trivial matter escalated into a hearted argument between an FC soldier and the administration of a madrassa.

SDPO Quaidabad Abdul Fateh told The News that FC soldier named Khurshid was heading for duty while dressed in civilian attire. When he reached the Madina Dar-ul-Quran, where construction work was taking place, some building material fell on his clothes and soiled them. This resulted in Khurshid getting into an argument with the madrassa administration.

The FC soldier called his colleagues, who reached the scene in a mobile unit. As soon as the paramilitaries jumped out of the van, they started beating officials of the madrassa administration.

According to the police official, a madrassa student witnessed the scuffle taking place and intervened by trying to snatch one of the weapons carried by the FC men. One of the soldiers saw the student going for the gun and opened fire.

The gunshots resulted in injuries to five people, including the 25-year-old Peshimam of Madina Dar-ul-Qurran Muhammad Rahim, Ali Zaman, 20, Shafaqat, 35, Sher Jan, 40 and Zubair Khan, 32.

Upon hearing the shots, locals rushed to the scene and saw the victims lying in pools of blood. After being called to the scene, a mobile unit from the Quaidabad police station were rushing the injured to hospital in a critical condition when the Peshimam, Muhammad Raheem, succumbed to his wounds.

Later, locals and students of the madrassa blocked the National Highway and surrounded the Quaidabad police station, demanding justice. SHO Quaidabad Nasir Mashwani claimed that the angry mob also torched a police kiosk in the area.

Following a complaint from the madrassa administration, the police registered a case against the FC personnel. Last year, Rangers personnel shot a young man named Sarfaraz Shah in cold blood at the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Park in the Clifton area. Shortly after Shah breathed his last, the murder was shown on major television channels as a cameraman from a private network managed to capture the incident.

The brutal slaying of the 22-year-old sent shockwaves throughout the country and prompted calls for withdrawal of paramilitary soldiers from the city.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

From "The News" (posting in full). Opinion piece by Ayaz Amir. Recalls PML-N and Nawaz's rise in TSP politics.
Mehrangate: a reminder of lost times
Friday, March 02, 2012

Memory being a convenient tool, the past can be reinvented in the imagination. The more unpleasant aspects of it can be erased from the mind, buried under layers of amnesia. But the past, in actual fact, cannot be remade or reconstructed. This is its greatest tragedy.

The money which Gen Aslam Beg cajoled out of Younus Habib, the hard-done-by owner of Mehran Bank, to use for election and other spy purposes was of a piece with the times. The political scene was more controllable than it is today. There were no private TV channels to spread confusion and unrest across the land. And army chiefs and their instruments, such as the ISI, were more capable of manipulating things.

And, not to forget an important point, judges were more predictable and, from the point of view of General Headquarters – the fount of so much of our higher national wisdom – more amenable and less obstreperous than we find them to be nowadays.

And not to forget another important point, the ideological battle lines were more clearly drawn. Indeed, they were very starkly drawn – the PPP representing the forces of evil and the establishment, another name for General Headquarters and the ISI, representing the sum of national good. The agenda of the establishment was clear: create a counterweight to the PPP and ensure the PPP’s political isolation.

In pursuit of this agenda the controllers of the ISI – the supreme pontiff of this ideological body being our inevitable friend, Lt Gen Hamid Gul (let no one expect him to fade away quickly) – did two things: they helped create a right-wing alliance centred around the Muslim League and they propped up someone who was an up and coming Punjab politician, Mian Nawaz Sharif.

Nawaz Sharif had been spotted first as likely political talent by Zia’s Punjab governor, Lt Gen Ghulam Jilani. Then he came to Zia’s attention who liked what he saw. From this to the chief ministership of Punjab was a smooth journey.

Zia’s death orphaned the Muslim League. The future which had looked so secure suddenly looked shaky and uncertain. But into the ensuing breach, to shore up the crumbling walls of Zia’s ideological kingdom, stepped a powerful double combination: President Ghulam Ishaq, the ultimate bureaucrat catapulted into the presidency by Zia’s death; and Generalissimo Aslam Beg, who would never have become army chief if Zia’s C-130 had not disintegrated above the skies of Bahawalpur.

The first order of business was Zia’s burial in the forecourt of the Faisal Mosque – or, more accurately, the burial of his jaw-line because, as ugly rumour had it, that is all that survived the Bahawalpur crash. As a historical vignette, the two persons who were the masters of ceremony at the funeral – in other words, the two who just wouldn’t let go of the mike – were the TV newscaster Azhar Lodhi and our friend Husain Haqqani whose career as a Zia acolyte and a standard-bearer of the far-right was still going strong, his liberal reinvention a thing of the distant future. Then Ishaq and Beg moved to other pressing matters.

They could have imposed martial law and had they done so the Republic, ever ready to receive a kick on its behind, would have gone along. To their credit they chose the constitutional path – but not without a host of safeguards, the chief one being all-out support for the ISI’s dream-child, the Islami Jamhoori Ittehad (IJI) – Islamic Democratic Alliance – the biggest crimes in Pakistan’s history committed in the name of Islam or democracy, or the third ready justification, patriotism.

The nominal head of the IJI was Sindh politician Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi but its powerhouse lay in Punjab, and the head of the Punjab chapter was Nawaz Sharif.

Backing the IJI took on an added twist when Beg confidant Lt Gen Asad Durrani, head of the ISI, on orders from above as he has deposed in his written affidavit submitted years ago to the Supreme Court, arranged for suitcases of money to be delivered to a list of politicians, their names now in the public domain, belonging to the IJI. A few rightwing journalists were also on this list.

Shocking? Not exactly. This was a sign of the times, election skullduggery on the part of the ubiquitous agencies taken for granted by everyone you could lump in the drawing room classes: chatterati, politicos, journalists, watering-hole specialists, etc. Ishaq and Beg had dismissed Benazir Bhutto’s government towards the end of 1990 and in the elections that loomed on the horizon the supreme national purpose, as defined by the permanent guardians of the national interest, was to ensure Benazir Bhutto’s defeat...the more abject the better.

But the election results exceeded the expectations of the vote-counters. The PPP managed to hold its own in Sindh interior but in Punjab it was all but wiped out, securing, if imperfect memory serves, hardly ten seats. The vote-counters had overplayed their hand. They also faced another glitch. Their choice for prime minister was the genial and easygoing Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi. But so strong had been Nawaz Sharif’s showing in Punjab that his bid for the prime ministership became unstoppable.

I can’t resist interpolating that Ishaq and Beg’s choice for chief minister Sindh was the colourful Jam Sadiq Ali. He lacked a majority in the Sindh assembly but he overcame the problem in style. A clutch of PPP legislators was put in detention. The best liquor that money could buy, and the bootleggers of Karachi could supply, was at their disposal, as were the best dancing and singing girls of Karachi’s premier centre of culture, Napier Road, now sadly gone to seed and pot.

Even Asif Ali Zardari was Jam Sadiq Ali’s prisoner at one time and he too did not overly complain of the conditions of his incarceration.

As Falstaff could have said, the times that we have seen. Jam Sadiq’s home minister was Irfanullah Marwat, Ghulam Ishaq’s son-in-law, about whom it was said that he had a gushing sympathy for the working class, in his case PIA air hostesses. Whoever put potbellied male stewards on PIA flights? If that’s our idea of turning the national carrier around we have a long wait ahead.

But even if the 1990 elections were a triumph for the ISI – the gentle reader better not be confused between the ISI and the IJI – ultimately it was all effort and money wasted. For instead of being an easy under-study as Ishaq and Beg wanted, Nawaz Sharif started showing signs of independence, much to the dismay of his erstwhile patrons and promoters.

First, he and Ishaq clashed over the appointment of the new army chief after the sudden death of Gen Asif Nawaz Janjua. Then when pressure and interference from the presidency mounted, Sharif gave his famous “I will take no dictation” speech – which turned him instantly into a popular leader. Seen as a creature of the establishment before, which he was, now he came into his own. The PML-N’s emergence as a popular party dates from the rebellion against Ghulam Ishaq.

But we should not miss the central point that in the Turkish bath which is Pakistani politics, saints and divines are hard to find. Everyone has a past, including Imran Khan who was amongst the most vociferous and foolish supporters of Gen Musharraf’s referendum. If the IJI took money from the ISI in 1990, the PPP set new standards of performance in the fields of high finance and audacious entrepreneurship in the same eventful decade. Don’t we need to draw a line under the past and move ahead?

The future beckons. There is so much to do, adventures to attempt, peaks to conquer. If my hunch is right the Asghar Khan petition will lead to no convictions, not even to a truth commission. But it can put a lot of good people to the necessity of uttering out-and-out lies. Shouldn’t we spare them such an ordeal?

Email: winlust@yahoo.com
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

From "The News" (posting in full). Can anyone explain how someone can accidently shoot another person twice in the back. Once I understand but 2 times???
Cop accidently shot dead
Updated 7 hours ago
KARACHI: A police constable was shot dead accidently by his colleague near Rainbow Centre, Saddar area in the limits of Preedy police station on Friday, police said.

An official at the police station said the deceased Fahim Akhtar and Ghulam Qadir were on their duty when gun went off.

The gun was put on lap of Ghulam Qadir and went off when he triggered it unintentionally and hit Fahim while he was cleaning his bike. The gun was loaded before shift change.

Fahim sustained two bullets in his back -one of it crossed his body while other one was stuck in chest.

The body was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medico-legal formalities. Police lodged case number 126/2012 under section 302 of Pakistan Panel Code (PPC). (PPI)
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

From "The News" (posting in full). Looks like in TSP guns misfire all the time. Anyone want to bet there is more to this story than is being reported.
Girl killed in gun accident in academy
Our Correspondent - Friday, March 02, 2012
LAHORE
A DAUGHTER of a head constable was killed by a student of BCom at an academy located at Usman Block in the Nishtar Colony police area when a gun ‘went off’ on Thursday afternoon.

The accused boy and the security guard of the academy, who had handed over his gun to the boy, have surrendered to police along with the gun. Police have registered a murder case against the accused persons and removed the body to morgue for autopsy.

The deceased student was identified as Noreen Sehar, daughter of Nawaz, a police cop and deputed on PM’s house security in Defence and a resident of Nishtar Colony. The victim was a student of BA at the academy.

The accused boy has been identified as Abdul Rehman, 20, a resident of Nishtar Colony and a student of BCom at the same academy. He was also working part time as an office boy at the same academy. It is learnt that the security guard of the academy, identified as Saeed, used to hand over his 12-bore gun to the accused boy when went for lunch or offer prayers.

On the day of the incident, the boy was sitting in the small courtyard of the academy and was holding the gun of the security guard in his absence. In the meantime, the girl came out of the room and fell victim to the bullet fired by the accused boy all of a sudden.

As a result, the victim girl suffered wounds on the right side of her neck and died on the spot. The incident created severe panic in the academy and the students present there rushed outside after hearing gunshot.

The academy administration informed police who collected forensic evidence and took the accused boy and the security guard into their custody. The boy told police that he was holding the gun in routine and trying to clean it when it went off. He said he had no grudge against the victim girl. The security guard told police that he used to hand over the gun to the boy when he went to have lunch and offer prayers so he did the same on the day of the incident.

Nishtar Colony SHO Rana Akmal said the circumstantial evidence and the statements of eyewitnesses initially suggested that the gun went off. He also confirmed that they had taken both accused persons into custody for further investigations.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

johneeG wrote:That paki is trying to impart a whole new meaning to the term 'kick'. And his ammi jaan says that he practiced for 3 YEARS for that effort!!!

I think the only thing he practiced was to stand on one leg for the time required. And I don't think it will take 3 years for that.

Those 'kicks' don't even have the strength to tickle anyone...

Now you know the reasons for Pakis' extraordinary performance in 1965 and 1971 wars.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What a contrived story to explain an 'accidental' shooting at a college. There are many lapses in that incidnet. the security gurad ginving his loaded gun to another untrained person while going for his lunch/prayers! And that person playing at guard and mishandling the gun.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Paklurks, your days of reading BRF from Pakistan are limited, so enjoy it while you can.
The New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/techn ... -open.html
Many countries censor the Internet, but few spell out their intentions as explicitly as Pakistan.

The government published a public tender last month for the “development, deployment and operation of a national-level URL filtering and blocking System.” Technology companies, academic institutions and other interested parties have until March 16 to submit proposals for the $10 million project — but anger about it has been growing both inside and outside Pakistan.

Censorship of the Web is nothing new in Pakistan, which, like other countries in the region, says it wants to uphold public morality, protect national security or prevent blasphemy. The government has blocked access to ***** sites as well as, from time to time, mainstream services like Facebook and YouTube, Google’s video site.

Until now, however, Pakistan has done so in a makeshift way, demanding that Internet service providers cut off access to specific sites upon request. Apparently, that approach has been ineffective, so the government now wants to build an automatic blocking and filtering system, like the so-called Great Firewall of China.

While China and other governments that sanitize the Internet generally do so with little public disclosure, Pakistan is being surprisingly forthcoming about its censorship needs. It published its request for proposals on the Web site of the Information and Communications Technology Ministry’s Research and Development Fund and even took out newspaper advertisements to publicize the project.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Pakilurks don't worry!

Through proxy servers, you can still visit BRF and get your daily dose of dhulai!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

saip wrote:It only gets better on what else a FRIDAY!
Seventy dead in NW Pakistan violence: official Dawn
This is truly ominous, to say the least. Most of those who were killed were members of an ultra-radical islamic group. Seems like the impending civil war is no longer about who is green. They all are. Now its about who is the greenest of them all. Mirror, mirror, on the wall....
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

A_Gupta wrote:Paklurks, your days of reading BRF from Pakistan are limited, so enjoy it while you can.
The New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/techn ... -open.html
Forget about BRF. There will be a bigger problem with all those frustrated, 'educated' apduls who cruise the internet if they are unable to go to their favorite ***, goat, donkey and camel sites.

I strongly support the blocking of web sites. It will force piety and make the apduls enjoy the outdoors with better green on green action. We will be having more guns accidentally going off. :mrgreen: Inqilab!!!
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

BijuShet wrote:From "The News" (posting in full). Can anyone explain how someone can accidently shoot another person twice in the back. Once I understand but 2 times???
Cop accidently shot dead
I guess Pak guns are TFTA and do not have trigger locks.

As most people in the IT world know, you have to be able to replicate the problem before you log a bug. Abdul was following similar thought process in his realm of IT (of the Pakistani variety) and lawhori logic. :lol:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Khyali Kite Flying onlee Ji

Kite flying: IG orders release of 11 children after Geo report
LAHORE: Inspector General (IG) Punjab has ordered to release eleven children detained by police on kite flying charges after 'Geo News' report.While taking prompt action on 'Geo News' report about arrest of 11 children on kite flying charges, IGP Punjab Muhammad Habib-ur-Rehman directed police to release these.Ten to 15-year-old children were put in jail alongwith other accused.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Mushopening Ceremony
LAHORE - SALMAN ABDUHU - The Federal government’s decision to liberalise trade with India and cabinet approval to eliminate negative list by year end are going to open country’s doors to Indian products whereas Pakistan has nothing significant to export India except raw gypsum, salt and dry fruits. As per Federal Board of Revenue, Pakistan would face revenue loss of Rs3 billion per annum after normalisation of trade with Indian especially when South Asian Free Trade Area (Safta) tariffs become operative from January 2013.On the other hand, the Commerce Ministry argues that WTO trading arrangements are based on the principle of MFN, which implies non-discriminatory treatment among the member countries in terms of tariff.The negative list will block free import of just 1,209 items from India of a total of more than 8,000 Indian major items. This will pave the way for the implementation of South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA) from January 1, 2013 that would allow import of Indian products at a concessional tariff of five percent.Manufacturers of automobiles and their parts lost their last hope when the cabinet approved a negative list for trade with India which will be phased out by the end of this year, believing this will massively hurt the country’s auto industry.After months of deliberations with different industries and inter-ministerial dialogue, the government finally gave the go-ahead to the negative list containing 1,209 items, replacing the positive list, in an attempt to boost trade between the two countries.Industry experts said that if government, by granting MFN status to India, is eager to enhance its imports from the nuclear rival state, firstly it should import cheaper fertilisers, diesel and electricity from there, as our manufacturers are looting the masses by selling their products at much higher rates, experts said.“Diesel is Rs94 per liter in Pakistan while in India it is available for Rs77 per liter. Electricity is being provided to Indian growers at Re1 per unit and in Pakistan it is not less than Rs8.38 per unit,” they said
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Diligent student compiles list of 780,000 ***** sites for PTA to ban

In a bid to aid the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in its ongoing efforts to block online ***** in Pakistan, fifteen-year-old Ghazi Muhammad Abdullah has compiled and sent forward a list of 780,000 adult websites which he thinks should be blocked in Pakistan.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/344443/dili ... ta-to-ban/
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/world ... &ref=world
Pakistan Battles Militants, in Worst Fighting in Months
By DECLAN WALSH and ISMAIL KHAN
Published: March 2, 2012
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Gunfights, military airstrikes and a large suicide bombing on Friday killed as many as 70 people in the tribal agencies bordering Peshawar, the provincial capital of northwestern Pakistan, in some of the worst violence in months in a strategic corner of the country.
In Khyber Agency, along the border with Afghanistan, a suicide bomber set off an explosion at the gates of a militant base, killing 23 people and wounding at least three others, said the local administrator, Mutahirzeb Khan. Many of those killed belonged to Lashkar-e-Islam, a local militant group that has imposed Taliban-style strictures on the local population.
Lashkar-e-Islam itself had been on the offensive only hours earlier, with a pre-dawn assault by dozens of fighters on a Pakistani military post, Mr. Khan said. That attack killed ten soldiers and wounded three, he said.
A senior security official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, said that 23 militants were also killed in the fighting, but that could not be independently confirmed.
Fighting also raged in the Orakzai tribal agency, to the west of Peshawar, where military fighter jets attacked two suspected bases of the main Pakistani Taliban group. The security official said 15 militants died in the attack.
Some of the violence follows Pakistani military operations in the tribal areas adjacent to Peshawar. In recent weeks the army has initiated major operations in both Khyber and Orakzai Agencies. The army has been quiet in South and North Waziristan, to the west, where most American drone strikes are carried out.
Although the military drive is intended, at least partly, to reduce attacks in Peshawar, the response by militants has been felt most keenly inside the city.
On Feb. 23, a car bomb set off at a busy bus terminal in the city center killed 15 people and wounded at least 35. Then on Tuesday, a Chinese woman and a male Pakistani companion were shot dead as they walked through a bustling bazaar.
On Friday, a Taliban faction claimed responsibility for the shooting, telling Reuters that it was in retaliation for Chinese government attacks on Muslim separatists in the western Chinese province of Xinjiang.
If confirmed, the assertion would alarm Pakistani officials, who value China as a major regional ally, and Western aid workers, who have long feared indiscriminate attacks on vulnerable foreigners.
But the Taliban also has a history of falsely claiming high-profile attacks for propaganda purposes. A senior police official in Peshawar, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of an investigation was continuing, described as “doubtful” the Taliban claim of responsibility.
The police official said that the Chinese woman had arrived in Pakistan in October, and come to Peshawar on Sunday, only two days before the attack; this would generally not be sufficient time for Taliban assassins to identify, track and kill her, he said.
A second Chinese woman, who had been travelling with the woman who was shot, is being questioned, he added. “It is still an open case,” he said. “We are looking into all aspects.” ......
Gautam
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

FWIW:

TEXAS CONGRESSMAN WANTS AID TO PAKISTAN REDIRECTED TO (Mexican) BORDER
Congressman Michael McCaul says Pakistan needs to prove its not funding terrorists.

This year the state department is requesting about 2 and a-half billion dollars for security assistance to Pakistan, money that Congressman Michael McCaul (R-Austin) thinks could wind up in the hands of the Haqqani network a terrorist group responsible for suicide attacks in Afghanistan.

"Admiral Mullen said last year that the Pakistan Intelligence Service is working with the Haqqani Network to target our embassy, to kill American soldiers," says McCaul.

McCaul would like Secretary of State Clinton certify that Pakistan isn't funding terrorist groups otherwise its aid should be sent to secure our border with Mexico. It's an ultimatum that makes sense to former FBI Agent Jim Conway.

"It makes sense to begin to question the 35 billion dollars that we have sent over there, is this a government that is really working to support the United States?" says Conway.

And Terrorism Expert Joan Neuhaus Schaan with Rice University says the Haqqani Network has long fingers into other terror groups.

"The Haqqani Network is linked to Al Qaeda and is also loyal to the Taliban," says Schaan.
Several terrorists which have operated in the U.S. have been linked to groups sponsored by the Pakistani government.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jhujar wrote:Mushopening Ceremony
Pakistan has nothing significant to export India except raw gypsum, salt and dry fruits.
Ah Gypsum! How could I forget gypsum? I am guilty of accusing Pakistan of producing little more than leather products and rice - but here you go. Pakistan produces gypsum as well. Goes to show how one can be blinded by the hate of Pakistan and Pakistanis and become completely blinkered. Pakistan exports gypsum to India. How blind have I been? I urge other BRFites to take note of this. Pakistan has aspects to it that you would not guess given the traditional bigotry against our brothers expressed on here. I mean, imagine a world without gypsum from Pakistan?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

shiv wrote:[Ah Gypsum! How could I forget gypsum? I am guilty of accusing Pakistan of producing little more than leather products and rice - but here you go. Pakistan produces gypsum as well. Goes to show how one can be blinded by the hate of Pakistan and Pakistanis and become completely blinkered. Pakistan exports gypsum to India. How blind have I been? I urge other BRFites to take note of this. Pakistan has aspects to it that you would not guess given the traditional bigotry against our brothers expressed on here. I mean, imagine a world without gypsum from Pakistan?
I sincerely hope they dont use this leverage to take over valley as well renegotiate IWT, India is in trouble. Lets send WKK like MSA to do pyar muhabbat Baat with Sir Poaqqush Jihadabadi.