Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hulaku
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 15 Jan 201

Post by hulaku »

Three Shia lawyers shot dead near Karachi City Court
KARACHI: Three lawyers died and one was critically injured in a firing incident near the City Court in the Pakistan Chowk area of Karachi, reported Express News on Wednesday.

SSP Naeem Sheikh said that four suspects on two motorcycles opened fired at the lawyers’ car. He added that the incident was apparently one of sectarian violence as the lawyers belonged to the Shia sect. However, the police said that it can only be confirmed after the investigations whether the incident was sectarian in nature or not.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/326942/thre ... ity-court/
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Did you read the news that the Khan films 3 Idiots and a couple of others are making record breaking numbers of crores in Pakistan?
I read the news it was flashy headlines all over English media. 3I made a..guess..staggering 5 Crores from Paki sales! (Thats about a MILLION USD!)..Phew!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

harbans wrote:. . ..staggering 5 Crores from Paki sales! (Thats about a MILLION USD!
harbans, PNR 5 Crores would be less than ½ M USD
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots collected Rs 5 crore across the border and the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer My Name Is Khan raked in Rs 5.25 crore. The Salman Khan-starrer...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topi ... s-Pakistan

Sridhar Ji am assuming it is INR. This was the Headline.
Bollywood scripts huge success at Pak box office TOI 2012-01-22 00:41:00
So someone is not sure what a Crore is and how tiny this amount really is for these kind of movies. I was amazed at the headline and opened it only to see the figure.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

harbans wrote:
Did you read the news that the Khan films 3 Idiots and a couple of others are making record breaking numbers of crores in Pakistan?
I read the news it was flashy headlines all over English media. 3I made a..guess..staggering 5 Crores from Paki sales! (Thats about a MILLION USD!)..Phew!

This is just one of the data points that has set me thinking.

We have this other news trickling in from the Jaipur lit fest where a Paki lady makes a snide remark about Pakistan - "Breed more historians". Khans make money in Shitland. GoI says "uninterrutible talks", Tharoor hoity-toities about the Pakistan army, Paki articles come tumbling out re truth of 1971 and how Pakistan needs to normalise ties with India, MFN etc

This is a country which sent Kasab and from which media reports were speaking in glowing terms of how 10 men held all of India at bay for 72 hours - a step up from few dozen Mujahids holding the whole Indian army at bay in Kargil.

The only thing that has changed from 2008 to 2012 are:
1. Salman Taseers butchery and Qadri's glorification despite him being from a security force
2. Saleem Shezad's murder and implication of Paki army (via other Pakis)
3. Bin Laden raid making Paki army lose face (USA involved)
4. PNS Mehran raid making army lose face - 4 men held the army at bay for 48 hours
5. Headley trial (USA involved)
6. ISI implicated in Indian consulate attack in Kabul (USA involved in releasing info)
7. NATO raid killing Pakhani army (USA involved)

As far as I can tell, the major changes since 2008 are a gradual implication of the Pakistan army in international terror and the involvement of the US in implicating Pakistan and a build up of double mistrust
a. Paki army/USA accuse each other - the thieves fall out
b. Paki civilians are asking why the army that is concentrating on holding India at bay is unable to keep out US drones, helos and protect Pakis and even their own assets

Paki army is unable to do a forceful behind the scenes dictation to the extent that they only protested MFN, the sent Pasha to meet Mushy and tell him not to come, they could not stop the moves against him in shitlnd, and they are unable to say what they want in the open and need to depend on JuD and Hafiz Pigfart Saeed to speak on their behalf.

Some game is afoot..

PS: It occurs to me that as long as the US did not admit or implicate the Pakistan army to the extent that India was howling, the Pakistan army remained secure and strong. Once US suport faltered - the Paki army is looking shaky. I am certain that the Paki army cannot regain lost ground if the US does not jump back in to make love again. But even if the US does that - things may never be the same again for the Pakhana army
Last edited by shiv on 25 Jan 2012 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

SSridhar wrote: harbans, PNR 5 Crores would be less than ½ M USD
Arre baba, Pakistan can print crores of Indian rupees in minutes, and pay us with the funny money.
Gautam
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

g.sarkar wrote:
SSridhar wrote: harbans, PNR 5 Crores would be less than ½ M USD
Arre baba, Pakistan can print crores of Indian rupees in minutes, and pay us with the funny money.
Gautam
I just wonder if the distributors do business via Dubai or some such place?
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

How about download high quality master print and then pay online? Why still do physical transaction through Dubai.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Yogi_G wrote:How about download high quality master print and then pay online? Why still do physical transaction through Dubai.
I just wonder if these are gate collections in Pakhanaland. The prints may have been paid for and royalties yet to be paid. I am surprised that there is talk that the movies are making money. Piracy has always been so huge in Pakistan that I thought that no one other than Dawood makes money from Bollywood in Pakistan.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Pakbaric sewer animalistan has another country joining its elite rank now - Somalia! The SEAL unit, fresh from success at Abotabad, has gone into Somalia to rescue hostages! Chew on that Kiya-nahin. ...your mard-e-momin army is same as Somali army.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Meanwhile, 3 Idiots in 2 weeks rakes up 11 Crores in China..
China opened its doors to the Raju Hirani film two weeks ago, and the Idiots have won over the Chinese as well, creating a record of sorts. In the two weeks since its release with 900 prints, the film has collected Rs 11 crore so far.
http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... ywood-film

So the headlines regarding massive sales in Pakistan are what exactly? Fooling folks who just look at the headlines and assume Paki's are investing in Indian products?
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Suppiah wrote:Pakbaric sewer animalistan has another country joining its elite rank now - Somalia! The SEAL unit, fresh from success at Abotabad, has gone into Somalia to rescue hostages! Chew on that Kiya-nahin. ...your mard-e-momin army is same as Somali army.
Wasnt the unit which went after OBL killed in a chopper crash? Or am I confusing it for something else?
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

May be not the exact same individuals, the unit will have more guys I would imagine..
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India, Pakistan Announce Joint Energy Initiatives
NEW DELHI – India and Pakistan Wednesday announced several initiatives to accelerate cooperation in the oil and gas sector, as the two energy-starved nuclear-armed neighbors try to mend economic ties despite political differences.

Energy ministers from India and Pakistan said the two nations may jointly take part in developing a gas field in Turkmenistan.
<...>
An agreement to build a Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline will help both India and Pakistan secure gas supplies and also benefit Turkmenistan, which has the world's fourth-largest gas reserves including the Yolotan-Osman Gas field with estimated reserves of up to 13 trillion cubic meters.
<...>
Discussions on the pipeline have been continuing for about two decades and the project has U.S. backing as it will provide millions of dollars to Afghanistan in the form of transit fee and also job opportunities. The pipeline will also reduce South Asia's dependence on Iran, which has been seeking to supply gas to India and Pakistan through another proposed pipeline.
<...>
Hussain said Pakistan is separately going ahead with a multi-billion-dollar gas pipeline project with Iran. "The gas supply purchase agreement has been signed with Iran. We are meeting all schedules on time."

India, which was part of the project initially, isn't actively pursuing it as the talks stalled on security and pricing issues. Mr. Reddy declined comment on India's participation.
<...>
Mr. Reddy said India has offered to export gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and fuel oil besides sulphur, polyethylene and polypropylene to Pakistan, according to an Indian government statement. It said Pakistan will save freight costs as several Indian refineries are located close to the border between the countries.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Gilani takes back words on DG ISI, army chief statements
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani took back his words on DG ISI and army chief’s statements given to the Supreme Court in the Memogate scandal, Express News reported on Wednesday.

Speaking to the media at Chaklala airport before heading to the World Economic Forum, Gilani said that his statement of DG ISI and army chief’s responses to the court being ‘unconstitutional and unlawful’ were given in a particular situation, but now the situation is clear.

“I want to dispel the impression that the military leadership acted unconstitutionally or violated rules,” said Gilani, according to state television.

He added that he wants to clarify that the statements were given in a particular context and it does not hold any importance now. There was a clash of institutions at that time, but now there isn’t.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Some philosophy before I turn in for the night. Patriotism is a genuine love for one's nation, but is incompatible, in my view with ignorance of the state of one's nation. By this cryptic sentence I mean that it is all very well to claim to love one's country, but unless one is realistic about the state of its people, the sense of patriotism is fake.

I am talking about the Pakistan army. Surely there must be at least a few Paki army officers who understand the state of their country and what their own institution the army has done to make Pakistan what it is today. here must be a few "real patriots" in the Paki army no?

Having said that - I have stated in the past that I would be happy if no Paki ever figured out how his country was heading up shit creek, because if Pakis figured that out and things got better in shitland, there would be more trouble for India.

But nowadays I wonder if Pakistan has finally actually reached shit central at the end of shit creek. It can't get much worse. Pakistan can never be stable as long as it is hostile towards India. It is one thing to claim that Pakistan holds India down blah blah blah, but Pakistan ain't going nowhere while India climbs despite carrying the burden of shitland as neighbor. Rivalry with India will only push Pakistan deeper into Pakistan. Pakis may not think much of Indians but hey Indians don't give a fck about Pakis by and large and Indians are doing better than Pakis on all counts despite the Paki army spending 40% of Paki budget on itself AND using Holy Islummic proxies led by Prophet Hafiz Said and his buffoons.

Ultimately, Pakistan will be forced to align with the Indian economy. Exactly how that will happen remains to be seen. And if Pakistan stabilizes, so will Afghanistan.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pankajs wrote:India, Pakistan Announce Joint Energy Initiatives
NEW DELHI – India and Pakistan Wednesday announced several initiatives to accelerate cooperation in the oil and gas sector, as the two energy-starved nuclear-armed neighbors try to mend economic ties despite political differences.

Energy ministers from India and Pakistan said the two nations may jointly take part in developing a gas field in Turkmenistan.
<...>
An agreement to build a Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline will help both India and Pakistan secure gas supplies and also benefit Turkmenistan, which has the world's fourth-largest gas reserves including the Yolotan-Osman Gas field with estimated reserves of up to 13 trillion cubic meters.
<...>
Discussions on the pipeline have been continuing for about two decades and the project has U.S. backing as it will provide millions of dollars to Afghanistan in the form of transit fee and also job opportunities. The pipeline will also reduce South Asia's dependence on Iran, which has been seeking to supply gas to India and Pakistan through another proposed pipeline.
<...>
Hussain said Pakistan is separately going ahead with a multi-billion-dollar gas pipeline project with Iran. "The gas supply purchase agreement has been signed with Iran. We are meeting all schedules on time."

India, which was part of the project initially, isn't actively pursuing it as the talks stalled on security and pricing issues. Mr. Reddy declined comment on India's participation.
<...>
Mr. Reddy said India has offered to export gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and fuel oil besides sulphur, polyethylene and polypropylene to Pakistan, according to an Indian government statement. It said Pakistan will save freight costs as several Indian refineries are located close to the border between the countries.

some kandle kisser is just itching to extend a billion dollar line of credit to the pakis. The mohandas karamchand syndrome never fails us in the hour of their need :evil:

How the ^%&* are we concerned with their freight costs??
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Suppiah wrote:May be not the exact same individuals, the unit will have more guys I would imagine..
yes... respect..!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The problem with fake liberalism in India is one forgets and extend the concepts abroad also to things that don't fit the paradigm.

"Hindu" terror was a votebank concept created by Indian National Congress to regain votes in North India. It does not apply to TSP which is a zombiestan of plain terrorists.
member_22286
BRFite

Post by member_22286 »

Some philosophy before I turn in for the night. Patriotism is a genuine love for one's nation, but is incompatible, in my view with ignorance of the state of one's nation. By this cryptic sentence I mean that it is all very well to claim to love one's country, but unless one is realistic about the state of its people, the sense of patriotism is fake.
Understood this part sir
I am talking about the Pakistan army. Surely there must be at least a few Paki army officers who understand the state of their country and what their own institution the army has done to make Pakistan what it is today. here must be a few "real patriots" in the Paki army no?

Having said that - I have stated in the past that I would be happy if no Paki ever figured out how his country was heading up shit creek, because if Pakis figured that out and things got better in shitland, there would be more trouble for India.
Sir,they might be in a conundrum the pragamtic merchantile shrewd Paki might have figured out this but the same pragmatic merchantile PA turd might have figured out that no rivalry with India no funds ,no importance we have to see who win's here
But nowadays I wonder if Pakistan has finally actually reached shit central at the end of shit creek. It can't get much worse. Pakistan can never be stable as long as it is hostile towards India. It is one thing to claim that Pakistan holds India down blah blah blah, but Pakistan ain't going nowhere while India climbs despite carrying the burden of shitland as neighbor. Rivalry with India will only push Pakistan deeper into Pakistan. Pakis may not think much of Indians but hey Indians don't give a fck about Pakis by and large and Indians are doing better than Pakis on all counts despite the Paki army spending 40% of Paki budget on itself AND using Holy Islummic proxies led by Prophet Hafiz Said and his buffoons.

Ultimately, Pakistan will be forced to align with the Indian economy. Exactly how that will happen remains to be seen. And if Pakistan stabilizes, so will Afghanistan.
Sir,I think it can get much worser for Pakistan and PA and this is one angle which has been unexplored in B-R .Sir,Feudalism is one defining characterstic of Pakistan and Feudalism has a given set of attributes Poverty,Bondage labours,serfs,money lending and atrocities by the malik,chaudary,sardar and tension and some idiot now consider a scenario like this .

A resourceful jehadi/Talioban/abdul may emulate a maoist ideology under the garb of Islamic Wahhabism ie Land distribution qadrifying the landlord and his family and say distributing about the land among the poor abduls.Do heroic acts to gain social support ie. delivering that is delivering justice life hallaling the landlord for raping a Abdul's daughter.Most of these feudals maintain power by calling themselves as a descendant of baba sufi saint ,this is causing a social reaction with all the rural abduls embracing wahhabism and the saudi funds are even accelerating it.The PA is essentially an institution which guards the intrests of the Pak upper and lower middle class not of the feudals classes which generally patronize PPP or PNL(N).

IF the scenario what I stated actually gains momentum then even PA cannot control Pakistan.For us this is the most ideal scenario
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rsharma wrote:
ramana wrote: Might be pearls before swine.
OT , but just curious.. Ramana Saar, you too a fan of Ayn Rand ? :)

In desi terms "Gadde ko khay maalum, Zafran ka maza!"
What does a donkey know about the subtlety of Saffron taste?
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Nandu wrote:Shiv, the problem with taking Pakistan is ... you now own Pakistan!
Yeah, that and the minor issue of getting nuked, losing millions of people and trillions in economic damage...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Fake Liberalism=Jootha Liberalism=J.L Nihilism(JLNehruprison)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Gains seen for Taliban as post-ISAF era looms in Afghanistan
A retired Brigadier of the Indian Army, Chatterji currently heads Corporate Social Responsibility and Media Communications for a business house.
A fear embedded deep in the Pakistani security establishment’s psyche has always been that of a successful conventional military thrust by India from across its eastern borders. This is aggravated by their assessment that Pakistan lacks the geographical depth to absorb the onslaught; its logistics dumps being especially vulnerable on account of the inability to place them at an adequate depth. The answer, often articulated, is of a pliant regime in its western neighbour Afghanistan providing the strategic geographical depth that Pakistan needs.

With a state of flux anticipated in Afghanistan as a fallout of the International Security Assistance Force’s (ISAF) impending withdrawal, an important imperative for Pakistan is to ensure Kabul is controlled by a regime amenable and dependent on Islamabad.

However, the chances of orchestrating such a situation remain improbable when viewed in the context of possible scenarios that could be encountered in Afghanistan.

In the first scenario, should the current dispensation in Afghanistan survive the onslaught of the Taliban, the possibility of the regime being a Pakistani surrogate is debatable.

Given the backdrop of their sharp differences and Pakistan continually backing the Afghan Taliban in its attacks on the Kabul regime, even if an understanding is reached, it is unlikely to be durable enough to sustain the illusion of strategic depth. The fact of India enjoying a far more reliable status in Kabul negates the concept further. In fact, a sound Indo-Afghan relationship only initiates another complementary threat perception in Pakistan, that of being sandwiched between two inimical states sharing a proximate relationship.

Even in a situation where the Taliban is able to subjugate Kabul with Pakistani help, the Taliban is unlikely to be as malleable as it was when it ruled Kabul before the U.S. forces evicted them. Notwithstanding the support they have received from the Pakistani Army and ISI, they would want to have greater autonomy. It’s better organised today, and with threat levels reducing on ISAF’s withdrawal, will not be as dependent on Pakistan, as it is now.

Should circumstance lead to ethnic fault lines in Afghanistan dilating and the country splintering between its major ethnic groups, the idea of Afghanistan serving the purpose of providing strategic depth again becomes an elusive objective. Even if Pakistan backs one or more contestants in order to make itself more relevant and a beneficiary, at best, an unstable Afghanistan can be visualised with warring militias dotting the landscape providing no succour to any one’s hopes or aspirations.

The best gainers, in all likelihood, would be Taliban that could garner greater strategic depth for operations and logistics; hiding and training areas. Notwithstanding the hopes harboured of the Taliban reforming to be a responsible actor and sharing power with the regime in Kabul, the likelihood of Afghanistan becoming worldwide jihad’s global oasis is far more probable.

Mullah Omar would waltz with al Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Taiba and the ilk. The huge potential of the narcotics trade could also be harmonised to enhance global jihad’s strategic reach. Instead of Afghanistan proving to be Pakistan’s strategic depth, Afghan Taliban could join its Pakistani partners, turn the guns around, take advantage of the tenuous situation in Pakistan and entrench themselves more firmly on the Pakistani side of the Durand Line.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

shiv wrote:Some philosophy before I turn in for the night. Patriotism is a genuine love for one's nation, but is incompatible, in my view with ignorance of the state of one's nation. By this cryptic sentence I mean that it is all very well to claim to love one's country, but unless one is realistic about the state of its people, the sense of patriotism is fake.

Not so Sir.
Let me ask you, why were Indian soldiers volunteering for the British Indian army during the Second World War? It was supposed to be the largest volunteer army in the world. And death was plentiful in the deserts or the swamps, The kernails and the genrails in the pak army are there for the money and the corner plot reserved for them when they retire. Plus a cushy job. The aam abdul is there because there is no other job left for him in such a fornicated up place. There may be some marde momeen there fighting just for the deen. But I do not suppose many.
Gautam
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

The concepts of nationalism and patriotism are haraam, what else can explain the refusal to accept the bodies of NLA vermin disguised as Hijrahideen
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Aaj Phir Peene ki tammnna Hai

Gunmen kill three Shia lawyers in Karachi
KARACHI: Three lawyers belonging to Shia community were killed and another was injured when gunmen opened fire on their vehicle here at Pakistan Chowk area on Wednesday, DawnNews reported.The police sources identified the dead as Shakeel Jafri, Kafil Jafri and Badar Munir whereas Babar Ali, also a lawyer, sustained injuries.All victims, including father and son, belonged to shia community. The Shia Ulema Council has announced three-day mourning including strike on Thursday.Four gunmen, riding two motorcycles, opened fire on Lawyers’ car when they were going back home from City Court in Arambagh area.All four lawyers got injured after shooting and three succumbed to their wounds on the way to hospital.Sindh Home Minister Manzoor Wassan suspended the SHO Arambagh and ordered an inquiry report within next 48 hours.
Last edited by Prem on 26 Jan 2012 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Battle of the Roaches ,Poaqilliad by Poaqomer
At least six security personnel and 17 militants were killed and 13 other militants sustained injuries in ongoing operation in Kurram Agency on Wednesday.According to security sources, security forces were advancing toward Jogi in Kurram Agency where heavy clash between security forces and unidentified militants started and continued many hours.Security sources said that at least six soldiers were martyred and 17 militants were killed in the encounter while 13 other militants were injured.Security forces took control of a key militants' hideout at Jogi mountain after the clashes.In the on-going battle between the armed forces and militants, several troops have been martyred while more than 20 militants have been killed so far
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Proxytution Of Ghantitution

COAS, DG ISI act not unconstiputional: PM Gilani
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said that his statement regarding army chief and DG ISI was relevant in a particular situation and was given due to discrepancies in the statements of senior officials, Geo News reported.rime Minister Gilani was talking to the media at Islamabad airport before his departure for Switzerland where he would be participating at the World Economic Forum in Davos.The PM said that he wanted to dispell the impression that the military officials’ act was unconstitutional and unlawful. Now the situation has become clear and ambiguities have been solved.PM Gilani said that the country could not afford confrontations among the institutions and every institution has to work in unison to safeguard its interests.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nightwatch on Mushy's musings. He thinks Gen. Kiyani kiya nahi ie a Do nothing.
Nightwatch 24 jan 2012

Pakistan: On 23 January the Senate unanimously adopted a resolution against former President General Pervez Musharraf demanding his arrest upon arrival in Pakistan and registration of a case under Article 6 of the Constitution for constitutional crimes.

Comment: Musharraf recently restated his intention -- repeated his threat for a third time - to return to Pakistan to run for political office. Some loyal civilian supporters in Karachi's Sindh Province, who benefitted under Musharraf's tenure, would rally to Musharraf's leadership.

The major unknown is the extent of his support in the Pakistan armed forces. Musharraf was the leader of Pakistan long enough to have promoted all the current Army corps commanders and promoted and advanced General Kayani as his hand-picked successor as Chief of Army Staff.

It is no stretch to infer that Kayani has been following a general plan laid out by Musharraf before he went into exile in London to lower the Army's public profile and restore public confidence in the institution. The Pakistan Army is structured hierarchically for active duty and retired senior officers so that Kayani would follow the guidelines of his mentor, if he valued his retirement.

Kayani has not done well, however. His inept dealings with the Americans have not raised respect for the Army's capabilities, though sympathetic support has increased for a Pakistani David standing up to an American Goliath. Still, the Army still looks feckless as a defender of Pakistan against American intrusions from Afghanistan, especially after the death of Osama bin Laden last May and the 26 November killings.

Musharraf apparently judges the time is ripening for his return to set things to rights. Musharraf retains his messianic convictions. :mrgreen:

Prime Minister Gilani's supporters have attempted to pre-empt Musharraf by passing a resolution. They seem to forget that in October 1999 when General Musharraf overthrew the elected government, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had issued orders for Musharraf's arrest when he landed at Karachi from an official visit to Sri Lanka. Karachi's 5th Corps Commander ignored the civilian government's directive, allowed Musharraf to land at Karachi, facilitated him organizing his supporters and enabled Musharraf to overthrow the parliamentary government. Musharraf apparently judges that could happen again.
Well the TSPA wafadary can be tested by Mushy's willingness to visit Pakistan. Didn't mean it that way but so what!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Kash aisa ho ki tere kadmo mei gir ke hum,Ro parre , Tere Bina Jindagi Bhi Koi Jindagi Nahi
Pakistan likely to invite US special envoy next month
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is likely to invite the US special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan Marc Grossman next month for consultations on Afghanistan, with special focus on the US and Afghan Taliban interaction,, sources said Tuesday.Pakistan last week refused to receive Grossman in view of the parliamentary review of future relationship with the U.S.The US ambassador Cameron Munter met Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Tuesday and discussed ways how to revive normal relationship, sources told Online.The meeting took place ahead of the debate of the future relationship between the two countries and terms of engagement.The two-day envoys conference had floated suggestions and the Parliamentary Committee on National Security had finalized the recommendations with its in-put.The sources informed that the FM and the US envoy discussed options to put on track Pakistan-US relations damaged in the wake of November 26 NATO attack on two Pakistani posts and killing of 24 soldiers in Mohmand agency.The sources said that Pakistan is likely to invite the Marc Grossman to bridge the gap widened after Islamabad’s last week’s snub to him.“Pakistan desires a fruitful meeting with Grossman and it was only possible once the parliamentary process would have been completed,” they said.“The two sides also discussed the upcoming meeting between Pakistani officials and the US special envoy. They also discussed the possible future relations between Islamabad and Washington,” the sources said.After the NATO attack, Pakistan blocked supply to it via its land and ordered US to vacate Shamsi base, believed to be operative station of US spy aero plane
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Ashok Gottipati wrote:
Sir,I think it can get much worser for Pakistan and PA and this is one angle which has been unexplored in B-R .Sir,Feudalism is one defining characterstic of Pakistan and Feudalism has a given set of attributes Poverty,Bondage labours,serfs,money lending and atrocities by the malik,chaudary,sardar and tension and some idiot now consider a scenario like this .

A resourceful jehadi/Talioban/abdul may emulate a maoist ideology under the garb of Islamic Wahhabism ie Land distribution qadrifying the landlord and his family and say distributing about the land among the poor abduls.Do heroic acts to gain social support ie. delivering that is delivering justice life hallaling the landlord for raping a Abdul's daughter.Most of these feudals maintain power by calling themselves as a descendant of baba sufi saint ,this is causing a social reaction with all the rural abduls embracing wahhabism and the saudi funds are even accelerating it.The PA is essentially an institution which guards the intrests of the Pak upper and lower middle class not of the feudals classes which generally patronize PPP or PNL(N).

IF the scenario what I stated actually gains momentum then even PA cannot control Pakistan.For us this is the most ideal scenario

It has already happened, if you read Christine Fair's analyses of the Jamaat ud Dawa posted here a month or so ago. The Jamaat ud Dawa has gained popularity as a route break from feudal bondage according to Ms. Fair. But at one level, army brass and feudals merge into one and the Paki army has developed the reputation of giving a fair deal to anyone from any background.

But Pakistan remains a very difficult nation to get direct accurate information about from lay media - I suspect envoys, diplomats and intel agencies with ears on the ground have a much better picture because of the sheer numbers involved..

For example I was quote surprised to learn that Pakistan has only about 1000 km (maybe less) of expressways. Bad roads (or no roads) make up most of Pakistan and with 1/4th of India's land area, Pakistan has less than 10% of the road connectivity (road length per unit area) that india has. But all you hear about Pakistan is "Great roads". This is what you get from mere observation from Indian or other visitors - basically a false impression from what Pakis are willing to show off. Railway connectivity is decreasing as far as I can tell.

Over the last decade I have made several estimations of the Paki middle class. Again - a very difficult estimation to make -and I have figures stored up on my HDD- but Pakistan now probably has a "middle class" of 10-15%. Not more - for various reasons despite Paki media claims of a higher percentage of middle class. Even if you take the higher figure of 15% - we still get 25 million people. A large number by any standards. But if you exclude 1 million "extremely rich" and maybe throw away a few percentage points for a rough guesstimate - you still get 80% of Pakis as poor or less than middle class. That is about 140 million Pakis.

170 million Pakis - 35% are said to be urban - so that is about 60 million with access to roads, and are "visible" urban Pakis. Over 110 million Pakis are "lost" in the Pakistan hinterland with poor communication/transport and virtually no information about their lives and their political affiliations. They do not contribute to income tax. They don't appear in the census. No Paki publishes any photos except for chance events like floods and Kasab's village.

Very very little information appears about these "lost" people in the lay media because Pakistan does not own up to their presence and access is poor. For years I have tried to dig up information of this "lost Pakistan" - from chance photos, videos and travellers' accounts.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Mahendra wrote:The concepts of nationalism and patriotism are haraam, what else can explain the refusal to accept the bodies of NLA vermin disguised as Hijrahideen
Mahendra, that is indeed the classic confusion in Pakistan, among so many confusions. Some want a boundaryless concept (and hence international jihad) and others want a state (hence jihad against India). The latter group is probably not averse to the boundaryless concept except that they may want the jihad to start from India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Interview: Imran Khan
Imran Khan has spoken as we expect him to speak about India. He is even willing to sue for peace with the Jews, but not India. He threatens that so long as Kashmir remains unsolved (to Pakistan's satisfaction), 26/11 type attacks are bound to happen. He justifies terror for that purpose. His policy on proxy terror is not to use it within the State.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Sindh is older than Pakistan: minister
Federal Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Senator Maula Bux Chandio said that Sindh for thousands of years had remained a single entity dominated by Sindhi culture and language. Talking about the 20th amendment and creation of the new provinces in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the federal minister negated the impression that the move was a conspiracy to divide Sindh.

He reiterated that the demand in the Seraiki area for a province of their own was several decades old, adding that the Seraiki area had their own history spread over several centuries. The minister stressed on the need of giving the national status to all the languages of the country, specially those spoken by a sizable number of the population.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Interview: Imran Khan
:D
Imran Khan is talking like a politician. The promises he makes cannot be achieved in 90 days.

IF Pakistan spends 90% of its budget on development and reduces money on the mlitary to less than half, it will still take Imran 30 years to achieve what he is talking about. Its the same old problem that I mentioned in my ebook

For education you need teachers and buildings. For teachers you need colleges to train them. For the buildings and teachers to reach out to the "Hidden Pakistan" you need money and roads. Money, roads, colleges to train teachers etc take time to achieve. In that time the population will have increased by another 5%. So in addition to colleges, teachers, roads and buildings you need birth spacing/birth control. In Pakistan that is going to be a problem without a birth control policy. Both India and China have had open and successful birth control policies. The India model will suit Pakistan but it takes longer. But for the Birth control educationists to reach outlying areas (the "hidden Pakistan") where the population is rising quickly you need money, roads, security and political will. All are absent in Pakistan.

There is a caste of people who understand these things. They are called "Planners". Pakistan has no planners. "Planning" itself requires a post graduate education and you need thousands of planners. Of course planners are available for import from India if IK does not want American planners. :mrgreen: As per that education video only 9 out of every 100 Pakis has access to college. And the number of planners if any coming into Pakistan is miniscule. But so is the number of teachers, the length of roads and everything else.

Pakistan is a nation in deep shit. They don't know it and think al iz vel.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

SERAIKISTAN IS OUR RIGHT
People should realise how incredibly offensive it is when they claim that Seraiki is just a dialect of Punjabi and not a different language. Seraiki is an ancient language, rich with heritage that represents its people. Some even argue that linguistically, Punjabi may be a relatively recent relic of the Sikh invasion, while Seraiki, with its original Sanskrit script, might be significantly older.

It’s ironic how a breakaway country for Muslims that denied a breakaway country for Bangladesh is now denying a breakaway province for Seraiki people. East Pakistan wanted out because their profits were being diverted to West Pakistan, and they weren’t getting their fair share of control. This is the same reason that Seraikis want out. Sentiment shows that the people are tired of their money being given to Lahore and the infrastructure costs of the industrial magnates of the Punjabi north.

If Pakistan continues down this path, I fear the country will be victimised by the very divisive logic that created it. Bangladesh down, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Seraikistan to go.
Comments:
What is an ‘Alien ethnicity’ ? The writer does not even know that Punjab, seraiki belt and Sindh are remnants of age old Indus Valley Civilization. The original locals of the area are divided in these three places speaking their languages. Also Seraiki maybe a different language but it shows how uneducated writer really is.

We sraykis have suffered at the hands of upper punjab in allsense. I will not go into debate over that. But correct your facts and here is a list of small things that we did for the whole Pakistan. Salaries of whole Pakistan East and West were paid by nawab of Bahwalpur for one complete year where the world was expecting Pakistan to be bankrupt. We gave shoulder to the rest of Pakistan. Baloch regiment was actually bahwalpur regiment which was submerged into pakistan army. Punjab university campus was gifted by Nawab of Bahwalpur. Bahwalpur Bank was merged with national bank which is our national bank. Immigrants were settled in Bahawalpur and they were treated as equal, and were brought from marton Camp Lahore.

May I suggest you to follow your own advice (“that Pakistan is a mistake”) and join India instead. Try it and we’ll see how fast Seirakis will embrace their Muslim identity and forgo their “linguistic division”. ....The reason Northern Punjab received attention is because of Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi are situated there. Multan is a developed city in the South. Go and ask Gilani to develop Southern Punjab. He is leading Pakistan, isn’t he?

Punjabi exploitation of Saraikis — Our language is non existent in the curriculum. Multan is not developed. Our river was sold creating severe decrease in land productivity. Militants are breeding due to the poverty. Area is frequently flooded by Sutlej being drained by India. Punjab’s quota seats are all filled by Northern Punjabis. Seraikis are ignored. All the schools and government institutions, even in the Seraiki areas, have Punjabi heads.

The author needs to brush up on some basic facts. Punjabi as a language is thousands of years old. The Sikhs could not have introduced Punjabi since their faith is only a few hundred years old. Islam in Punjab is over 1000 years old which is why there is still a debate as to whether Baba Nanak as he is called by Muslims was a simple Punjabi Muslim villager and not the founder of the Sikh faith.

Also being maternally from Khanewal myself,I too prefer A southern Punjab province…either named “Roohi” or “Panjnad” but NOT “Seraikistan”. I want province ONLY on administrative basis. Jiye seraikis.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

shiv, countries poorer than India such as in Africa, nevertheless have better average nutrition and health status; it is true of Bangladesh, as well. It is feasible that it is true in Pakistan as well.

Reliable Pakistan road statistics are indeed hard to come by.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A_Gupta wrote:shiv, countries poorer than India such as in Africa, nevertheless have better average nutrition and health status; it is true of Bangladesh, as well. It is feasible that it is true in Pakistan as well.

Reliable Pakistan road statistics are indeed hard to come by.
Arun what you say is not incompatible with what I have been saying.

When things are bad they need to be improved. Improvement takes time. The bigger the area and the bigger the population the more the investment in money and time and effort to change things.

India's condition is bad not because of lack of effort. It is bad because of size and magnitude of the problem. Pakistan's problem in theory is only 25% of what Indi faces, so in theory they should have made things better as Bangladesh and Lanka have done.

My posts are about how and why Pakistan is not getting there. They have a huge problem and they are not even putting in as much effort as India and they don't have the infrastructure comparable to India. So Imran Khan's "90 day change" can only be a delusion. My optimistic estimate for Pakistan is that if they spend 80% of resources on development it will still take them 30 years. 2042. Imran Khan will be 89 years old then.