Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Power, petrol offer awaits Zardari

Catch me if you can

Hafiz Saeed is the buzz ahead of visit

While there's a growing chorus in India that Pakistan should be pressured to act against the Lashkar-e-Taiba founder, Zardari said Saturday he didn't expect the issue to be the focus of his meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh

"My visit is of a religious nature and I don't think Manmohan Singh will make me sit (and discuss only) this issue," Zardari said in Lahore, adding that his position on this subject was "no different from his government's".

Pakistan insists India hasn't given enough proof against Saeed
, while New Delhi says it has.
Only god knows what position an "ultra fundoo nutjob" government would take. We are lucky to have people like Zardari in power.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

I was under the impression newly opened Bhatinda refinery is for Indians and not for Al Retard Poaqqpagals.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

I just hope there is no financial 'assistance'. At least right now.

India can afford to payoff Pakistans entire debts without really causing much pain and as we get richer and accumulate more wealth random RAPE types on both sides of the border will put increasingly unbearable pressure on GOI to pay TSP off. I'm resigned to something like that happening eventually. The USA paid off CCCP for a long time.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

There is a need for strong protests all over India. The UPA govt is entertaining terrorists.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Theo_Fidel wrote:I just hope there is no financial 'assistance'. At least right now.

India can afford to payoff Pakistans entire debts without really causing much pain and as we get richer and accumulate more wealth random RAPE types on both sides of the border will put increasingly unbearable pressure on GOI to pay TSP off. I'm resigned to something like that happening eventually. The USA paid off CCCP for a long time.
Sadly that is the likely outcome suggested by the comment of Congress Party member Mani Shanker Aiyar in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan that confrontation with the Islamic Republic is the “single most serious threat” to secularism in India which in effect translates to lets fork over some Jaziya to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan with the fond hope that the Mohammadden vote can be tapped domestically in India.

Meanwhile the comment of Jason Overdorf writing in the Global Post:

Manmohan Singh's quixotic quest for peace with Pakistan
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Power, petrol offer awaits Zardari
New Delhi, by helping out Islamabad in times of economic crisis, wants to remove the trust deficit between the two countries.

It will also hope that Islamabad shows some action on terrorist groups targeting India.

It could also translate into the Zardari government wiping out the negative trade item list totally towards 2012-end and even allowing India to supply food to Afghanistan through the Wagah-Torkham land route.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Capitulation at Sharm El Sheikh thread.

“When Manmohan Singh hosts Zardari for lunch on Sunday, one hopes that in his eagerness to secure his legacy as a peacemaker, he doesn’t overreach himself – in the way he did at Sharm-el-Sheikh.”:

Hafiz Saeed, and the perils of Indo-Pak ‘tandoor’ diplomacy
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

My hats off to Jason Ovendorff for understanding and stating correctly what happened at SeS and the GoIs and Indian PMs penchant for working out an illusive peace with Papistan.
After that meeting, in a disastrously worded joint statement from India's point of view, Singh allowed a reference to Pakistani “information” about India's alleged fomenting of rebellion in Baluchistan to stand alongside the smoking-gun evidence provided by the capture of Mohammad Ajmal Qasab — the sole surviving perpetrator of the Mumbai attacks.

So, effectively, he went from hammering Pakistan for its failure to go after the Mumbai conspirators to accepting allegations that India was also supporting terrorists operating on Pakistani soil. Then, completing the rout, he agreed to delink further peace talks from any further action from Pakistan on terrorism.

Meanwhile, Pakistan has done nothing but stonewall efforts to bring the perpetrators of the attacks to justice.
Good to see some of those who write for Smithsonian, Newseek and WSJ are seeing things through the right lenses. Nothing much there that folks here don't know..but refreshing to read.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Don't the pakis claim civilizational patent on most of these dishes?? :wink:

Delicacies await Pak President .
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his entourage will have a rich spread of mouth-watering Indian delicacies to dig in at the luncheon hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at 7, RCR.

From the famed Kashmiri delicacy Goshtaba (meatballs in curd-based curry which is the mainstay of Wazwan) to the South Indian delights like Dosa and Avial (mixed vegetables); from cold melon and mint soup to Barra Kababs (as starters), from Tori Bhujia, Paneer Jhalfrezi and Makai Palak with assorted rotis to Moong Dal Tadka and Subz Biryani (for the vegetarian lot) — the Pakistanis will be spoilt for choice.

And those with the sweet tooth can relish on desserts which include the North Indian Phirni, Bengal’s Sandesh, blueberry mousse and fresh fruits to name a few.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Chidambaram is also at the lunch meeting.

Earlier, there was some speculation of his not attending this lunch.

Sins of commission and ommission with respect to VK Singh affair may have left him scrambling for the crease. :)

TV is reporting that sonia may not attend the lunch.
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

They had Bilawal right behind MMS and Zardari while they were addressing media. Thank god Yuvraj wasn't there with him. :roll:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tamang wrote:They had Bilawal right behind MMS and Zardari while they were addressing media. Thank god Yuvraj wasn't there with him. :roll:
Signs of dawning wisidom perhaps?

Probably realized that two negatives don't make a positive.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

That's taxpayer's money going down the drain over a corrupt puppet leader of a terrorist banana republic. NDTV already spoke of a cuisine brought about by a shared Mughal heritage. Acckkk thpooo! I am now waiting to hear Gadkari pull Sonia's leg by enquiring if Zardari is her son in law given this reception.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Indian DGMO used hot line today to offer Help in siachen recovery efforts. Pak DGMO yet to respond.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

The old whines in a old bottle. The only thing interesting is the incessant recourse to this frame of reference -- if outcome A is what Pakis want, then define ~A (not A) as the interest and desire of USA and India, and then, case closed:

Indo-Pak relations — at what cost?
Major General (retd) Tahir Ali
Pakistan is in the making of a ‘pliant’ state, as envisaged by USA-India Nexus. ...

....Placing Kashmir issue on the back burner has always been desired by the USA and India. Thus, a desire is fulfilled.

....Nothing would please India and USA more than to see ISI undermined.

Thus, the recent developments vis-‡-vis India remind of how the British East India Company made ingress into the Mughal Empire by pleasing the kings and the masses remained either ignorant or indifferent to the developments, ultimately became subservient to the British Raj and accepted the change as their destiny. Similarly, Indo-US Nexus has an agenda to convert Pakistan into a ‘pliant state’, President Zardari seems to be obliging and the masses are inclined to accept the fait accompli, as manifested by their indifference to the present happenings.
member_22286
BRFite

Post by member_22286 »

Experts here any info on the 1-on-1 between MMS and Zardari.It seems there not even note takers in the meeting and it happened for an hour
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

It is being reported that MMS says that it is easy to sign an agreement on

1. Sir Creek
2. Visa liberalization
3. Economy

We can't change our NTBs specifically for the Pakis, they are applicable to the whole world so I'm hoping #3 only refers to formal Paki grant of MFN to India in Dec this year. The first two are going to be India's two unilateral concesscions to Pakistan during the MMS's visit.
member_22286
BRFite

Post by member_22286 »

I think India is going to trade Siachen and Sir Creek for Hafiz Saeed that's the feeling Iam getting.This frankly is extremely worse
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

"We have number of issues and we are willing to find practical and pragmatic solutions to all those issues and that's the message President Zardari and I wish to convey"
And that rules out any progress on terrorism front.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

jrjrao wrote:Humayun "I am" Gobar
We should ask America to pay off our entire external debt... It’s a due... All of this will provide jobs and kick-start our economy.
Given our once great civilisation...http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2012/04 ... nd-slaves/
From the mind of a retarded lineage. Well said, Mr. Gobar.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

shyamd wrote:Indian DGMO used hot line today to offer Help in siachen recovery efforts. Pak DGMO yet to respond.
Thats because they are all out digging and shovelling.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Just a thought. The entire Zardari-Bhutto kit'n'kaboodle will be in India for this "ground breaking" personal visit. If a paki jernail or mid-ranking officer group decides to mount a coup at this very moment, it will rather convenient for the Zardabutts to ask for asylum. Their money is in far-far-away lands anyway. No need to go back.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

They are saying on TV that Amul Baba is also going to Pakistan? Are they attempting to react to Zardari-Bawala with MMS-Amul Baba?? It will end up in Sharm-el-sheikh^1000000000000000..

Didn't MMS say he will not visit Porkistan until they show some credible action against terrorism? Why make statements that we can't stand on and ridicule the nation?!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Chandragupta wrote: Didn't MMS say he will not visit Porkistan until they show some credible action against terrorism?
Well Hafiz Saeed is on record saying that he is busy deradicalizing Pakis. Not credible enough?
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

I have a naive tke on Zardri visit.
Zardari would have definitely spilt all he beans and info he has on paki military.He would have definitely discused means to undermine pakhanasthan in his one to one with Dr MMS.The kujli of khakhis is worth all the hospitality to Zardari Saab.

Zardaris hates pakjabi TSPA.India should have pappi-jhappi with Zardari without conceding anything on anything substantial.

Nothing wrong in promoting meaningful trade after pakis hand over Hafeez pig.NW India has to be integrated back.Trade is first step after TSPA hands over either Hafeez or Lakhvi.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

At first glance at the picture, it looks like the two paki ministers on the left are holding hands.

Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

I find the timing of the trip to the dargah a bit odd. The trip to Ajmer might have been planned much earlier but these can be cancelled or postponed if situations demand.There has been a tragedy back home where 130+ soldiers became allah ke pyaree. Many heads of state would cancel visit under similar circumstances. Why did Zardari not cancel/postpone the visit? What message does it send to the Paki Army and most importantly to us?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

^Me too..same thought crossed my mind. As Head of State even while many may still be alive under snow Z is gorging a nice great lunch..seems quite odd, even as rescue operations would be in full swing. But then it's up to them. Any reactions in Pakistan on this matter? Plus i was trying to locate Gayari on google without much success. Anyone know the exact location of the base? For it to be covered in 70 meters of snow..there must have been a huge amount piled up on top. Maybe Paki's did some AK phyrr for the heck of it and it came crashing down. But reports mention 70 meters of snow over an area as big as a km square is a huge amount of pile up at a higher point..that was why i was trying to look up Gayari where it is exactly. Where is Gagan Ji when you need him most..
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

The President has lunch and COAS personally supervises resuce.
“There is no hope, there is no chance at all,” mountaineering expert Colonel Sher Khan told AFP.

“You can survive only in the first 5-10 minutes,” said Khan. “The casualties in avalanches occur due to pressure of heavy weight, extreme cold and lack of oxygen.”

The powerful army chief General Ashfaq Kayani visited the epicentre of the disaster and “supervised rescue operations himself”, the military said.
There you go. Does a puny avalanche have a chance when the powerful guy turns up? I am sure avalanche has gone back and all is well now in Pakiland!

Link
member_22286
BRFite

Post by member_22286 »

Does anybody remotely guess what MMS and Zardari talked in private?
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Zardari does not give a damn to TSPA.Everyone knows that.Zardari is an 'Indian asset'.Let him play his role in undermining TSPA.For too long TSPA has had 3 and half supporters or is it four fathers.

For a change,a Sindhi-baloch president with contempt for TSPA is welcome.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

Gayari is in Baltistan near Siachen Glacier.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Yes, but i was trying to spot it on Google map. An encampment of around 150 men can easily be spotted on google earth. Was trying to get there. Venkat Ji, yes Z is a welcome breath..India should cultivate him. I doubt it will help much though. It's obvious though he has some disdain for the PA.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Someone has marked the army camp and avalanche zone on wikimapia

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=35.2132147&lo ... rch=gayari

Edit: the gayari camp was marked a year ago so the location of it is correct. The avalanche might have come from the mountain on the east as opposed to the west side that was marked 2 days ago.
Last edited by Rohit_K on 08 Apr 2012 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Ashok Gottipati wrote:I think India is going to trade Siachen and Sir Creek for Hafiz Saeed that's the feeling Iam getting.This frankly is extremely worse
Siachen, no way. You will see a fog time maneuver before that. :rotfl:
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

It's my opinion that I think we have to wait and see what this meeting between MMS and Z will result in to see who gets what. I think this 'personal' visit of Z inspite of TSPA personnel deaths means may be something is being offered by us to them that Z feels that this trip can't be canceled at this point?
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

It is an error to think that Zardari represents a pro-India and Sindhi-Balochi identity leaning anti-Pakjabi faction within the ruling structures of Pakiland. There are various pressures on the Paki regime now :
(a) deeper than ocean and taller than mountains friends pressure [not to ease up on India but to deliver on their own respective pounds of flesh]
(b) internal conflict between elite factions of the army, Dawaists and feudals
(c) Pashtun pressures and intra-Talibani nakhra which is being used and played up by all the friends
(d) an economy which needs to continuously borrow to remain solvent

Just as in pre-Bagladesh East Pakiland, one faction of the Muslim League tried to pretend "neutral" and not anti-Indian to obtain international leverage and pulling wool over Indian romantics in power to get their own supreme control over their territory - and then kick India out - [in all possible senses], this strategy has now been borrowed by a section of Pakistanis.

The basic ideas is to hold on to their lands, have a semblance of restoration of control and turning around the economy, - but all that to preserve the core institutional framework of Islamism aimed at a future revival of imperialist dreams at India's cost.

Zardari personally might also feel the need of paranormal or supernatural intervention in his favour to avoid what is coming to him and his retinue.

Note that hard pressed Paki leaders visit India and take long term holidays in Londonistan. That should indicate the political support mechanism that reaches out from the ghosts of Whitehall via Delhi.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

No joy or pride in making this prediction, obviously, but Kayani and pigs will respond to this Zardari visit the only way they know how. Expect a significant urban bombing within 2 weeks.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Zardari can do precious little for India but can hold up the anti-(paki)venom vaccines/medicines being delivered by their taller,deeper,fairer and purer friends,fathers and supporters.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Rohit Ji, many thanks for the link. But just armchair POV..looks a pretty nasty place from Avalanche POV to set up a base there. On a valley between 2 steep mountainous areas..lots of avalanche carved slopes visible on all sides of the camp. Plus massive pile up of snow higher reaches and spring should have raised caution levels way up.