Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by ramana »

hnair, The J&K DIG was saying that the grenade, pistol and IED are the favored weapons for the new terrorists in Kashmir. SO these folks might be similarly armed. Though IED is misnomer.

Shymd, Where else but from Terror Central aka ISI. Fake IDs are SOP for intel agencies.

I think fotus were redmond dawood channel.

So maby be its MHA turn to under fund/under mine police forces as a CBM for TSP while demanding arrest powers for IB so they can put away opposition players?
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

The ball’s in Pakistan’s court

LaWhori Ejaj Haider, who claims to be a realist in his columns and strategically strategizes for Jinnah Institute, a non-profit public policy organization another Paki army front, writes how TSPA has cornered itself vis-a-vis US and to a lesser extent to India. :rotfl: He blames the leftists and right wingers for Paki-stan's condition, actually LaWhori Haider, if you dwell deeper you'll find that its strategists like you only who have unsuccessfully strategized to punch above your weight from day 1.

By the way, I accept that pakistan has some hard power with a bloated army sustained on western dole outs and Chini nuclear weapons, I'm surprised that this idiot thinks Pakistan has some soft power. Having lived abroad, he must know how Pakistanis are rightly stereotyped in the west.

And NO, it doesn't matter if the coward British press keeps calling the paedophilic British Pakis as asians, everyone sees through.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

MashaAllah !

The number of people in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad daring to stand up before the hate, anti-India junta and the ISI is quite small. They need to be saluted and supported, says Tarun Vijay after a recent visit to Pakistan.

The airport reception at Islamabad's Benazir Bhutto airport's special area was warm and cordial.

Meira Kumar spoke such fluent and cultured Urdu that left the Pakistanis pleasantly surprised. 'Even we don't speak such chaste Urdu here,' commented a leader from Balochistan.

The famous Pakistani hospitality charmed us everywhere. The chaotic welcome in the Punjab assembly reminded us of the shared legacy too. Words flowed like a river of honey -- 'We are brothers and sisters, one race, one people, one ancestors, one history binds us together. We speak the same language, share the same songs in marriages and festivals. We celebrate Basant. The Indus civilisation and thousands of years of history run through our blood.'

'We have a responsibility to send you back home safe,' was the polite reply by our ISI protectors, every time we wished to see the local market.

Having heard them, I felt as if it was the reunion of twin brothers lost in a fair. I couldn't feel -- even for a second -- that we treat Pakistan as a bad, terror-exporting, country. Perhaps we treat Pakistan wrongly, I thought.

Such warm, peace loving leaders can't wage a war. They want progress, prosperity and higher education in science and technology. Maybe the next time around, we should send Nandan Nilekani with his secular technologists in the media to help our good neighbour, I thought.

But the warmth was so sincere and overwhelming that I would caution myself again and again not to let my tongue slip and say 'Can we have the honour to have tea with dear brother Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed? Can we visit the respected parents of Kasab?'

We want to tell them that all these years we have held the wrong perception about them. We want to correct ourselves and also promise to correct the perceptions of South Block's warmongers.

But before we could respond to their perfected lines, they would add, 'We are the biggest victims of terrorism in the world today.' [ Yeah, right ! ]

Though we were cautious not to mention any issue of discord, they would have, in some way, mentioned Kashmir, Siachen, Sir Creek, during all that 'we are brothers' talk and say, if these issues were solved, there is nothing that can prevent us from coming closer.

At an India Pakistan Parliamentary Friendship Group meeting, I asked that we should not put the issues that hurt us under the carpet.

Another hospitality recipient who experienced hospitality on taxpayer's expense. I wonder if the famed hospitality is so 'warm' then what prevents such folks from permanent relocation to the land of amazing hospitality.
paramu
BRFite

Post by paramu »

arun wrote:It is actually eight paedophiles who orginate from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan who have been found guilty of grooming and passing round vulnerable white schoolgirls aged between 13 and 15 for sex after plying them with alcohol and drugs. .

The ninth, Hamid Safi, is identified as originating in Afghanistan:

See article from the UK’s Daily Mail earlier posted by me on BRF:

Clicky

Meanwhile the UK’s Telegraph has this to say:

The issue of predominantly Pakistani men seeking out under-age white girls for sex is perhaps the most uncomfortable to face British society for generations

Read it all:

Rochdale grooming trial: Asian grooming gangs, the uncomfortable issue
Like Pakistan needs more Islam, what Britain needs is more Pakis. Their past karma catches up.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

COAS, CAS attend seminar on Air Threat at Kharian
http://pn.com.pk/details_en.php?nid=21569
RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Kharian on Wednesday to attend a seminar on Air Threat.Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt also attended the seminar, said an ISPR press release issued here.he panel presenting the seminar comprised senior officers of Army and Pakistan Air Force (PAF.) The interaction provided a forum to analyze the air threat to Pakistan, its effects on land operations and also, to validate response options.On arrival, the COAS was received by Lieutenant General Tariq Khan, Commander Mangla Corps
(50/50 chance of huge terrorist attack in India in next 2-3 months)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Hum Tum Chori sei, Baandhe ik dori se .Life Long Part-ner growing old togther

Pakistan, UK partners in fight against terrorism: Gilani
LONDON: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Wednesday said Pakistan and the United Kingdom were partners in the fight against terrorism and extremism and his country remains committed to fight the scourge till its elimination.Addressing a reception here at the House of Commons to meet with British Parliamentarians, on the invitation of High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan, Gilani said the democratic government has created national ownership to the campaign against terrorism and has brought all stakeholders on board.
Gilani said the Parliament has recently reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to the elimination of terrorism and was combating extremism in pursuance of Pakistan’s national interest.
“We have also repeatedly said that we would not allow our territory to be used for any kind of attacks on other countries and we expect that the soil of other countries would not be used against Pakistan,” said the premier.He said the sacrifices made by Pakistan in its campaign against militancy, terrorism and extremism were unparalleled, and the resolve of the two countries in this regard remains unshakeable.Gilani who is here on a five-day official visit to the United Kingdom to review the Enhanced Strategic Dialogue had an extensive interaction with the British parliamentarians and shared experiences of the nascent democracy in Pakistan and the challenges it faced.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Mr. Tarun Vijay would be well advised to keep to his hard-nosed opinion on Paki-stan and not get all emotional because of a guided tour of LaWhore accompanied by ISI security guards :lol:

The cancellation of talks on Sir Creek is interesting. IMO, TSPA has gauged MMS's large-heartedness during Dus Percenti's Dilli yatra.

Mr. Antony maintained in parliament yesterday that India has not changed its position that withdrawal by Indian forces will have to follow the sequential process of proper authentication, delineation and demarcation.

Only one man can overrule this now. Lets hope that Dr. MMS doesn't commit a strategic blunder vis-a-vis Siachen to justify his Paki trip.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I guess it is typical of the British infatuation with people like Jinnah at the time:

Dialogue with a Giant
The most important man in Asia is sixty-seven, tall, thin, and elegant, with a monocle on a grey silk cord, and a stiff white collar, which he wears in the hottest weather. He suggests a gentleman of Spain {TFTA onleee :rotfl: }, a diplomat of the old school; one used to see his like sitting in the window of the St. James’s Club, sipping Contrexe-ville while he read Le Temps, which was propped against a Queen Amxe toast rack stacked with toast Melba.
It was not merely a medley of wild words, a hotchpotch of hatred and hallucination, in the Hindu manner. It was more like a diagnosis. The difference between, Jinnah and the typical Hindu politician was the difference between a surgeon and a witch doctor :eek: :lol: :rotfl: .

Moreover, he was a surgeon you could trust, even though his verdict was harsh “The British must realize/ he had said to me before we tackled the problem of Pakistan, ‘that they are not a friend in the country. Not a friend/ A Hindu politician would have said that at the top of his voice, with delight. Jinnah said it quietly, with regret. Here he was again. In his hand he carried a book.
At first I thought this person--'Beverley Nichols', is a breathless Hindu-hating-Moslem-loving woman of the Kathleen Mayo mold. But turns out this is a guy, perhaps secretly {err openly} gay :mrgreen: .
Last edited by MurthyB on 10 May 2012 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Mansur Ijaz on the failed foreign policy of the Pakarmy:
http://wichaar.com/news/294/ARTICLE/286 ... 05-10.html
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

saip wrote:
Singha wrote:they should be given all aid/alms in zimbabwe dollars only.
But Zimbabwe uses US$.
Hmm. So does Pakistan
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Roperia wrote:
Mobile retailers or terrorists?: India confuses Lahore businessmen with militants

It seems a false bait has been fed to the agencies. The source in Pakistan, if human, must watch out.
Interesting. I did not see too many Americans having kolaveri about their own government frisking Shah Rukh or Abdul Kalam. In fact someone said "the American security people were doing their duty". They too were fed false bait about Kalam and Shah Rukh.

In this case Indian security people are doing their duty and checking out people who may turn out to be innocent. It's not confusion. Its "due diligence".
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

No role in bin Laden’s stay in Pak: Gilani

Mr. Gilani, who is on a five-day visit to Britain, denied in an interview to ‘The Guardian’ that bin Laden’s presence in Abbottabad was secretly known.

He said: “There is no complicity. I think it’s an intelligence failure from all over the world,” :rotfl: and denied suggestions that elements within Pakistan’s military may have been aware of bin Laden’s hideout, by saying: “Why should we do that? We have suffered the most.”

According to Mr. Gilani, Pakistan was “part of the solution, not part of the problem” when it came to the “global issue” of fighting terrorism.

He alleged that the U.S. had fuelled the problem by abandoning its ally Pakistan once the Soviets had been driven from Afghanistan.

“The vacuum was filled by militants,” he said.

To U.S. secretary of state Hilary Clinton’s statement in India that she believed that Ayman al-Zawahiri, who inherited the al-Qaeda leadership after bin Laden’s death, was hiding “somewhere in Pakistan”, Mr. Gilani said, “If there is any credible information please share it with us, so we can be quick and achieve our targets.” ( i.e. tip him off :lol: )

Asked if Taliban leader Mullah Omar might also be in the country, the prime minister replied, “I don’t know. Please tell us.”

The Guardian reported that during the interview, Mr. Gilani was “surprisingly upbeat” about relations with Delhi and spoke warmly of Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh.

Islamabad, he said, was “serious” about resolving all core issues with India, including Jammu and Kashmir and Siachen.

Mr. Gilani claimed that his country had been the biggest loser from the turmoil in neighbouring Afghanistan and from Islamist extremism at home: “Pakistan has paid a huge price.

Some 35,000 people have been martyred. 5,000 police and soldiers have been killed.” (1500 more dead!!!, just the other day their Ambassador quoted 3500)

In addition, Pakistan was now “catering to the needs” of 3.6 million Afghan refugees, he said.

The daily reported that Mr. Gilani was “upbeat about relations with Washington”, which have been under severe strain since US-led Nato forces killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November. (agreed to GUBO???)
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

MurthyB wrote: At first I thought this person--'Beverley Nichols', is a breathless Hindu-hating-Moslem-loving woman of the Kathleen Mayo mold. But turns out this is a guy, perhaps secretly {err openly} gay :mrgreen: .

Don't believe that, these are all Paki manufactured names which pop up from time to time.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Friday coming up

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

ramana wrote:hnair, The J&K DIG was saying that the grenade, pistol and IED are the favored weapons for the new terrorists in Kashmir. SO these folks might be similarly armed. Though IED is misnomer.

Shymd, Where else but from Terror Central aka ISI. Fake IDs are SOP for intel agencies.

I think fotus were redmond dawood channel.

So maby be its MHA turn to under fund/under mine police forces as a CBM for TSP while demanding arrest powers for IB so they can put away opposition players?
David Headly and subsequent Pakis surveyed refineries in Mumbai and other places. This article warns about threats to refineries. This could have two objectives (1) Economic impact (2) A sort of revenge for what Indians did to them in 1971 in Karachi.

Also for the past few ISI chiefs, each ISI chief after assuming office has carried out a signature strike. Pakis got a new ISI chief just now.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

There was a large Indian delegation that went to LaWhore including Mr. Godrej, Mr. Bajaj etc. Every time Sharif says we have now learnt to resolve our disputes by dialogue, it means reality has dawned upon the Pakis. Though a self-conciliatory speech by Sharif, our business leaders must be uploaded for pursuing this initiative which seems more political than economic.

I sense a realization among the Paki political class that you can't compel India but I'm still unable to conclude whether the TSPA is doing a tactical retreat or is this a strategic shift.

Unless LeT is butchered I've my doubts and I'm skeptical they'll ever do that.

Groper says non-state actors in both countries are trying to destabilize the process. :rotfl:

Is he calling BRF a non-state actor? :lol: I demand proof that any anti-Pakistan feelings are present on BRF, so that BRF can act. Otherwise groper should refrain from passing such comments. He should unconditionally apologize to BRF. 8)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Forcibly conversions of HINDUS GIRLS IN PAKISTAN
[youtube]aq2nK-TED7I&feature=related[/youtube]
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

JaiS wrote:MashaAllah !

The number of people in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad daring to stand up before the hate, anti-India junta and the ISI is quite small. They need to be saluted and supported, says Tarun Vijay after a recent visit to Pakistan.

The airport reception at Islamabad's Benazir Bhutto airport's special area was warm and cordial.

Meira Kumar spoke such fluent and cultured Urdu that left the Pakistanis pleasantly surprised. 'Even we don't speak such chaste Urdu here,' commented a leader from Balochistan.

The famous Pakistani hospitality charmed us everywhere. The chaotic welcome in the Punjab assembly reminded us of the shared legacy too. Words flowed like a river of honey -- 'We are brothers and sisters, one race, one people, one ancestors, one history binds us together. We speak the same language, share the same songs in marriages and festivals. We celebrate Basant. The Indus civilisation and thousands of years of history run through our blood.'

'We have a responsibility to send you back home safe,' was the polite reply by our ISI protectors, every time we wished to see the local market.

Having heard them, I felt as if it was the reunion of twin brothers lost in a fair. I couldn't feel -- even for a second -- that we treat Pakistan as a bad, terror-exporting, country. Perhaps we treat Pakistan wrongly, I thought.

Such warm, peace loving leaders can't wage a war. They want progress, prosperity and higher education in science and technology. Maybe the next time around, we should send Nandan Nilekani with his secular technologists in the media to help our good neighbour, I thought.

But the warmth was so sincere and overwhelming that I would caution myself again and again not to let my tongue slip and say 'Can we have the honour to have tea with dear brother Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed? Can we visit the respected parents of Kasab?'

We want to tell them that all these years we have held the wrong perception about them. We want to correct ourselves and also promise to correct the perceptions of South Block's warmongers.

But before we could respond to their perfected lines, they would add, 'We are the biggest victims of terrorism in the world today.' [ Yeah, right ! ]

Though we were cautious not to mention any issue of discord, they would have, in some way, mentioned Kashmir, Siachen, Sir Creek, during all that 'we are brothers' talk and say, if these issues were solved, there is nothing that can prevent us from coming closer.

At an India Pakistan Parliamentary Friendship Group meeting, I asked that we should not put the issues that hurt us under the carpet.

Another hospitality recipient who experienced hospitality on taxpayer's expense. I wonder if the famed hospitality is so 'warm' then what prevents such folks from permanent relocation to the land of amazing hospitality.
Reread the article it is full of toungue and cheek making fun of the WKK brigade.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Reality check!
The ball’s in Pakistan’s court
By Ejaz Haider

“There are several significant [al Qaeda] leaders still on the run. (Ayman al) Zawahiri who inherited the leadership from (Osama) bin Laden is somewhere, we believe, in Pakistan. So we are intent upon going after those who are trying to keep al Qaeda operational and inspirational.” Thus spake the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to an Indian channel in Kolkata just before departing for New Delhi.
We responded by saying that if the US has any information on the whereabouts of Zawahiri, it should share that intelligence with us. Sounds rational, except there’s a slight problem: the US will share nothing with Pakistan. If and when it has triangulated Zawahiri’s presence somewhere in Pakistan, depending on the operational requirement, and choosing the modus operandi on that basis, it will move in and take him out — unilaterally. Period.
What about Pakistan’s sovereignty, international law and the UN charter? Pakistan can put all of it in a pipe and smoke it :rotfl: .
What about GLOC (ground line of communication)? The US wants Pakistan to open it. The closure does create problems for it but it doesn’t bring the US-Nato-ISAF operations inside Afghanistan to a halt. There’s the ALOC, air line of communication, expensive, tedious and long. But deeper pockets can take care of that. The US and allies would still need the GLOC for carrying equipment back but hopefully by then Pakistan will have been coerced into opening it.
This was Pakistan’s trump. Pakistan has played it even though in any game of brinkmanship one should never play one’s trump. The trump has been trumped, no value added, and Pakistan has pushed itself into a corner in its relations with the United States.
Pakistan has a litany of complaints against the US; the US has an equally long list of complaints against Pakistan. In such a situation, the more powerful side carries the narrative and makes it stick. That’s exactly what has happened. The US complaints get a world audience; the US is leading a pack of nations; most, if not all, also share its concerns and threat perceptions. Even those who might not always support its approach agree on two things: there is a terrorist threat that needs to be neutralised and the epicentre of it is in Pakistan’s ‘badlands’.
Pakistan can beat its chest and lament about how unfairly it is being treated by the US but that narrative dies down within Pakistan, and in any case, is mostly pooh-poohed outside Pakistan. Even within, the civil-military divide ensures that no one believes a word of what the army or the ISI says. Add to this other troubles, most significant being the non-acceptance of the state of Pakistan itself by many Pakistanis and we have a situation ideally suited for external forces to exploit.
It should surprise no one that the US is now pursuing a policy of making Pakistan irrelevant to an Afghan settlement and, if need be, bringing the war more actively to Pakistan. The trajectory has taken Pakistan from being a US ally to frenemy and, if the current situation continues to deteriorate, would possibly see it become an overt enemy.
The US has also, over the years, put in place an elaborate spy network in Pakistan. It has been conducting special operations and has upstaged Pakistani intelligence agencies, including the ISI, in their own backyard. It was quite pathetic how an unnamed ISI official was trying to act hurt by the fact that while it was the ISI that gave the lead on Bin Laden to the CIA, the Americans kept the ISI out of the loop. Tough luck fella.
The Americans learn even when they learn the hard way. But when they do, they do a pretty thorough job of it. As the most powerful state in the world which will retain that position in the foreseeable future, America should be expected to do whatever it can to protect both its core and peripheral interests. And it will strike back too when it finds any state or non-state entity trying to thwart its plans.
In statecraft this is legitimate. If a state wants to stand up to a bigger, more powerful state, it should either have equally strong backing or it should acquire the wherewithal for such a contest itself. Pakistan has neither. The deeper irony is that while Pakistan relied all these decades on American largesse — civil and military — to stand up to India, it is today in an unenviable position of trying to normalise with India just as its relations with the US are nosediving.
But woe betide anyone who thinks that India will let go of this opportunity. Just like the US, India too wants a pliable Pakistan. A Pakistan that resolves all the existing disputes on India’s terms, whose military cannot challenge India, and which offers India the space the latter requires to project its soft and hard power in the region and beyond. Yes, beyond, because it is in the nature of power to project itself and India is no exception to that rule.
So, while India is happy to see Pakistan normalising relations with it, it will continue to exert pressure, in tandem with the US and the rest of the world, to shape Pakistan. This too, as statecraft goes, is legitimate.
What are Pakistan’s choices? Near-zero :D . The state’s legitimacy is challenged from inside; the state’s ability to influence events in the region has dwindled to almost nothing; the state has no capacity to project its narrative; the rightwing is working against it by isolating it from the rest of the world; the left-liberals consider it a security state that needs to be reshaped in line with the narrative that comes from the outside.
And now, the commitment trap. If the US doesn’t apologise, GLOC won’t be opened. The US won’t. Pakistan won’t get invited to the Chicago summit. Neither side wants it to get worse. Both are committed to their courses of action. The US has more choices. It can now go solo in Afghanistan and also coerce Pakistan. Pakistan’s strategic assets, geography etcetera, are now its liabilities. :rotfl:
The ball’s in Pakistan’s court.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/376362/the- ... ans-court/
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Pakistan tests Short Range Hatf-3 missile having range of 290 Km
marimuthu
BRFite

Post by marimuthu »

Narad wrote:Pakistan tests Short Range Hatf-3 missile having range of 290 Km
What? Are they going to test missiles till their combined range is 5000kms?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Or claimed range of 5000kms, the Shaheen 1A was nowehere near 1500kM range.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

MashaAllah !

From the Tarun Vijay article .

He bemoans the lack of temples in pakistan.He complains that Kasab has not been punished.He says pakistanis who have been given visas do not return to pakistan.He is impressed that pakis listen quietly to his complaints in a display of ' cultured class'.

He is accosted by a PML member who gives tarun a dose of reality check.On the very day the indian delegation has arrived Hafeez Pig is holding a meeting before the paki senate in slumbad which the govt cannot prevent.Salman Taseers family advises Tarun that the 'shrill' voices in India are only helping Hafeez Pig.

Does this give any clue to 'Delhi thinking'?

Tarun Vijay is a RSS ideologue.

A political consensus seems to be emerging that the pakistani political class has to be engaged.Hopefully our leadership will get its act right.
Last edited by svenkat on 10 May 2012 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

From Svenkat's link above
Gilani spoke of five thousand years of Multan history, the city he belongs to, the sweet mangoes of Multan and the Saraiki language spoken there. At a post event tea, I referred to the famous sun temple of Multan and he gave a vivid account of Jehangir, and the Sufi, Syed tradition of the area explaining affectionately that if there are Muslims in your delegation, they will understand it better.

We smiled. And smiled again.
You speak about shared heritage, I asked, but in spite of my requests made in advance, I couldn't be taken to see a single temple in Lahore, Islamabad or Rawalpindi.
Where is the sincerity in powering modules of bridges and hands of reconciliation?

No other country in the world can be a sincere friend of Pakistan except India. But you offer foreigners the liberty to kill and arrest their most wanted on your soil, and deny those whom you call blood brothers from visiting Kasab's village?
NO WKK will dare ask such questions to Pakis
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

At an evening dinner, a senior Pakistani Muslim leader said, 'Mr Tarun, which world are you living in? If these authorities have no guts to deny permission to a public meeting of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed's Jamaat-ud-Da'wah just in front of the senate in Islamabad, the very day your delegation arrived, do you think they can sincerely pursue the peace track?'
'LeT collects funds in Lahore, 'Pindi and Karachi, and those who have no control on Pakistan talk peace.' I was astounded with this frankness
And MMS still persues the elusive Noble Peace prize
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

One question for the forumites.
Just saw a video on youtube where Shashi Tharoor speaks to an audience about India. The man could go on for hours!
It got me thinking, what would a Paki say to a neutral, international audience if asked to introduce his country, giving a presentation for say, 30 mins? Nuclear tests? Defeat of the Soviets? What exactly is it that these guys could proudly speak about?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

kancha wrote:One question for the forumites.
Just saw a video on youtube where Shashi Tharoor speaks to an audience about India. The man could go on for hours!
It got me thinking, what would a Paki say to a neutral, international audience if asked to introduce his country, giving a presentation for say, 30 mins? Nuclear tests? Defeat of the Soviets? What exactly is it that these guys could proudly speak about?
they would speak about how bad india is and how they are not india !
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

kancha wrote:One question for the forumites.
They do it far better than you might imagine - in a manner designed to get gora aadmi eating out of their hands.
watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC6KdaLzjDY
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Apparently, the Canadians are dying to come to the land of the pure to play cricket. Never mind that these are probably all paki expats looking for an all expense paid visit to their land of birth. Canada dying tour Pakistan this year

Canada likely to tour Pakistan this year
Canadian cricket chiefs want to send their national side to tour Pakistan
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said the tour was expected to go ahead after September this year and voiced hope the visit would help reestablish the country as a safe venue for sport.
PCB has been trying to entice sides back to the cricket-mad but unstable country.
PCB has thanked Cricket Canada for their interest in sending their national team to Pakistan
Former PCB chairmen had advised the board to work on associate members rather than bigger teams in their efforts to revive international cricket.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Video of what happens when terrorists and rapists of Hindu women are protected, from the Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Not for people with weak heart.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

shiv wrote: They do it far better than you might imagine - in a manner designed to get gora aadmi eating out of their hands.
watch this
at 8.00 she very glibly says that 100s of Baloch deaths are a sinister byproduct of puki involvement in war on terror. da fuq it is :roll:

another snake oil stuff is the linking of paki 'nervous breakdown' to a 'singular lack of justice' and the evidence is the gang rape of Muktharan Mai.

now, here's my problem.
1. why would an internal lack of justice cause pakis to seek out and kill others like what they are doing?

2. pakis are not really protesting against what happened to Muktharan Mai as lack of justice. I bet that the 'silent majority' of them agree with this treatment (except maybe when it happens to them, and this kind of empathy is not what pakis are capable of)

3. it is not the Muktharan Mais of pakistan carrying out violence in pakistan, so how would a lack of justice.. :roll:

I see the technique here. She does not hide the international headline stuff. She mentions it themselves, does not defend it directly, but very glibly in an attractive accent connects it to nice soundbites that shifts the focus from the real disease in pakistan.

another technique is playing the victim, but not in a haranguing way, but put in a joke at the end

More idiotically, she does an == between pakis claiming not to know OBLs presence in abbottabad, to Americans not knowing where he was, despite American troops twice visiting Abbottabad for some training exercise with pakis.

I lost patience around 20 mins..
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indus Water Thread.

Brahma Chellaney writing in the Economic Times discloses the shocking statistic that India under the Indus Water Treaty agreed to set aside 80.52% of the Indus-system waters for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, an amount of water that is more than 90 times, yes 90 times, greater than what the US is required to release for Mexico under the 1944 US-Mexico Water Treaty, which stipulates a minimum transboundary delivery of 1.85 billion cubic metres of the Colorado River waters yearly:
Jawaharlal Nehru ignored the interests of Jammu and Kashmir and, to a lesser extent, Punjab when he signed the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty, under which India bigheartedly agreed to the exclusive reservation of the largest three of the six Indus-system rivers for downstream Pakistan.

In effect, India signed an extraordinary treaty indefinitely setting aside 80.52% of the Indus-system waters for Pakistan - the most generous water-sharing pact thus far in modern world history.

In fact, the volume of waters earmarked for Pakistan from India under the Indus treaty is more than 90 times greater than what the US is required to release for Mexico under the 1944 US-Mexico Water Treaty, which stipulates a minimum transboundary delivery of 1.85 billion cubic metres of the Colorado River waters yearly.
From Here:

Water treaties & diplomacy: India faces difficult choices on water
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Oppression of Minorities in Pakistan thread.

Transcript of CNN-IBN discussion on the topic “Are Hindus being persecuted in Pakistan?” hosted by Sagarika Ghose involving a panel made up of Rita Manchanda (WKK?), Tarun Vijay, Sushant Sareen and from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Marvi Sirmed

Face The Nation: Are Hindus being persecuted in Pakistan?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gus wrote: I lost patience around 20 mins..
I don't blame you. I have only ever watched that video for the first 5 minutes on 3 occasions.

Her acting is excellent - designed to intimidate the stupid gora with sophisticated charm. I have seen videos of Ayub Khan doing the same thing 50 years ago.

She starts by saying Salaaam Aliekum casually with her eyes down. Then she looks up with a surpised/puzzled/hurt expression, executed perfectly and says "You're supposed to say "wally-cum ass-slum" In other words she starts the talk by telling her entire audience that they are impolite unsophisticated clowns who have no civility. After putting one finger in their backside, she gradually opens up spaces for other fingers to be inserted.

The capacity to do this does not always come naturally. It does for some - but it comes mostly from grooming in families who live among the high and mighty who live life feeling superior to others and being treated that way. In an earlier generation Indian maharajas lived like that. Independence for India coincided with allowing "common-ness" to be expressed by Indians. What Pakis did was to screw the commoners and keep them hidden, but deal with the west with only the elite. This chick belongs in that category.

The average gora aadmi dealing with the Paki meets a charming and often sophisticated host who is capable of looking after every physical need of that gora - like being the guest of a maharaja.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Excellent Pakisychology of the RAPE. They have a serious sup-e-rear attitude problem which is fostered by UK with free or liberal admission to est colleges there.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

"India, Pakistan to hold talks on Siachen issue in Islamabad on June 11-12"

Why cant we hold talks on Mumbai instead. Mumbai is also disputed. Hundreds of citizens have died for no reason by terrorists in Mumbai.
I want the traitor to discuss Mumbai as the disputed territory and why stop there?