Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) : 24 July 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP) : 24 July 2

Post by Brad Goodman »

^^^^ from above article
It is pertinent to mention that during the current democratic government’s third year in office, the European Commission Readmission Agreement was signed between Pakistan and the EU, with the coming into force of the Lisbon Treaty. The Agreement, called ECRA, obliges Pakistan to readmit its nationals where they do not fulfil, or no longer fulfil the conditions in force for entry to or residence in the territory of the other party. The agreement lists the documents that may be used as means of evidence of a person’s nationality. If none of the documents listed can be furnished, the competent authority of the member state wishing to expel the person concerned and Pakistan’s diplomatic or consular representation will interview the person in order to establish their nationality.
So bakis signed this deal to take back abduls in exchange for tarrif concessions in EU. Man yevil gora sahab has fooled the paki with this deal :twisted:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sum wrote:Every TSP related news seems BENIS material these days:
'US, Pak plan joint operations against Haqqani network'The article was the usual blah-blah about TSP vowing to fight Haqqani etc which is nothing new but the part which really got me was:
The Pakistanis have named the planned offensive, in North Waziristan, Operation Tight Screw.
No Pak-US Joint Ops in North Waziristan - PA
Coordinated actions on respective sides of the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, being part of routine, should not be mistaken for "joint operations", the official said.

He further stated that targeted action in operation "Tight Screw" by Pakistan Army against terrorists in the North Waziristan was an ongoing process. This was being undertaken for some months now to squeeze terrorists and there was no new operation as claimed in the report, he added.

When, where and how to carry out operations within our territory is up to Pakistan alone to decide, the official concluded.
Little games going on here.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Conspiracy against Muslims
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

What if there were no Kashmir - Retd PA Brig. in DT
A look at Afghanistan’s history and folklore tells the tale of their poor regard for the people of the subcontinent, of which the present day Pakistan has the misfortune to be the immediate neighbour. Ghaznavis, Ghoris and Abdalis considered the region as their backyard and plunder zone, which they raided and sacked at will. The Afghan psyche has never been able to accept to date the state of Pakistan as their equal and the people of Pakistan as their worthy neighbours. Their scorn for the Hindu, Punjabi, Sindhi and even the Pashtuns east of the Khyber Pass is completely undisguised.
The fair question to ask then is why are all Pakistani missiles named after these plunderers ?
India, which had the greatest moral responsibility to help the fledgling Pakistan, a sister state and country in kinship,{Pakistaniyat in full flow here} put up a sordid show of inelastic leadership, poor neighbourliness and inadequate vision. It embarked upon a dangerous path of annexing territories like Hyderabad, Junagadh and Manavadar by use of coercive force. Then it went a step ahead in manipulating the accession of the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The message to Pakistan and its people was clear: we could not care less if you are bruised and in need of a helping hand, we will use power to get what we want out of you. The sad story of the violation of agreed division of assets is well known and recorded.
Timing was the most inauspicious. Kashmir had a special place in Pashtun hearts and was always considered an extension of their territory. They had never accepted the ignominious sale of a whole people. Kashmir was sold for a few million rupees, possibly the only case in world history where a ruler bought a state to set up his dynasty. Business and not dynasty is established by purchase. The right of conquest sets up dynasties. Kashmiris are not a business — they are a people. Their lost dignity has yet to be restored. That is why Kashmir never settled peacefully ever after and the local resentment continued to rise against the Dogras.
Forget about his claims about special place in Pashtun hearts for Kashmir. Look at the double speak. On the one hand, the Pashtun demand for dissolution of Durand Line and re-merging of KP with Afghanistan is denounced by this Paki b*****d but he claims that the Pashtuns possessed far-away Kashmir and that must be accepted. Oh, that would also explain conveniently why the jihadis from Frontier tribes went into J&K in October, 1947. The Pakistanis didn't sponsor them. They came spontaneously to re-possess what was theirs. What a cr@p.
To add insult to injury, a merchant Maharaja literally signed off his mortgaged subjects to a country they did not want to go to.
Right through he keeps referring to a fabricated instrument of accession and yet suddenly he agrees that the decision was that of a bania Maharajah to pledge his mard-al-momin to kafirland.
As an evil spin-off, it generated the menace of militancy, sectarian radicalism, opportunity for foreign interests like the US, Saudi Arabia and as a reaction, Iran for their pernicious induction into the region.
So, there you go. The sectarianism, terrorism etc are all due to the Hindu Congress.

More than anything else, what I find in such narratives as above that come uniformly from the Pakistanis is that they have been told of some fabricated history and they unquestioningly and blindly accept that. Just like the closure of 'innovation' (bida'ah) and creative interpretation of the Koran and the Sunnah (ijtihad) as the salafists/deobandis/ahl-e-hadiths say. They become like sheep and simply regurgitate what they have been told without any inquiries into them.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Ramadan celebrated with full josh
Two women paraded naked in Pakistan over marriage proposal
Two middle aged women were allegedly paraded naked in a village in Pakistan's Punjab province following a dispute over a proposed marriage, police officials said on Wednesday.

The women - Sakina and Samina – on Wednesday filed a complaint at Khan Ghar police station in Muzaffargarh district, 400 km from Lahore. They said a person named Irfan Ahmad and his accomplices had assaulted them and then paraded them naked in the streets on Tuesday.

Sakina said she and Samina had gone to Ahmad's house to ask him to marry his daughter Nabila to Sakina's son Shoaib.

Sakina alleged that Ahmad became infuriated during the discussions and started beating them. "His relatives joined him and they paraded us naked in front of the residents of the area," Sakina said.

TV news channels reported that some men had filmed the incident with their mobile phones.

Khan Ghar police station chief Mustafa Kamal said that a case had been registered against Ahmad and eight others.

"We have arrested Irfan Ahmad and raids are being conducted to nab the others," he said. The statements of eyewitnesses were being recorded, Kamal said.

The claims of the women would be verified from the witnesses, he said. Quoting a relative of Ahmad, Kamal said Shoaib and Nabila had an affair and this had angered Ahmad. He said Ahmad got infuriated when he learnt that
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Pakistani Role in Global Terrorism thread.

Weekly Standard writes on the use of the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan / Ramazan / Ramzan by Mohammadden Terrorist groups in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to raise funds :

In Pakistan, Ramadan Charity Donations Benefit the Taliban
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:What if there were no Kashmir - Retd PA Brig. in DT
If my aunt had a dik she would have been my uncle.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

The email address for such fine "Out-of-the-Jihad" thinker is Clay.Potter, and this explains the source of most derogatory reader comments posted by Western sounding names on any news article about India in CNN etc. The standard sub-saharan poverty, Open Toilet, 40% living on less than a dollar etc. etc.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

What if there were no Kashmir - Retd PA Brig. in DT
What can one expect from pathological and congenital liars? he absolves TSP of all wrong doings, they even hosted Afghans out of brotherly love and thrusts all the blame of 'annexing' territories on India...very strange I feel at times when people loose sense of objective thinking...how can people be so delusional, but well they entertain me well.

If TSP never existed, there would be no world problems, no 911, no 2611, no Indians would have died, it's a pity we have as neighbours this cess pool called TSP.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Here is a actual conversation I had with a roasted peanut and almond nut seller in times square in NYC last week. As many of you who have been to NYC from penn station at all major intersection you have these carts mostly operated by Pakis and Bangladeshi beards.

I have this inclination to tickle them with my intuitive guessing game of the chap is from Paki land or Bangladesh

Me: give me roasted almonds as he hands it over to me I casually slip are you from Lahore?

He: I am from India ( the paki basturds no longer want to admit pakiness)

Me: wherfrom in India?

He: Assam and asks me if I am from Bangaladesh?

Me: I am from Pakistan and I say you are not from India

He: Salam alekum I am from Pakistan

I smile and say I am from India and I say zara imandari seek lo and walk away
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Greece is turbulent waters. Why keep all those Pakis there! Pakis need to be sent back into their sinking ship in Pakistan from all over the world!
Pakis all over the world should know that any nuclear adventure would mean the complete eradication of this qaum! There must be nowhere to hide!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

See he was doing Takiya* and imandari doesnt gell with that. Its gells with insaniyat.

* He claimed to be from India for he knows majority of desi looking folks are from India. When pushed he says he is from Assam or rather crypto Bnagldesh. And reveals he is from TSP only after finding out he is facing another Paki.

They have to abandon their takiya.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Brad Goodman wrote:Pizza Hut in Pakistan ditches all-you-can-eat Ramadan offer to curb 'unrestrained gluttony'
Pizza Hut has withdrawn its all-you-can eat Ramadan offer in Pakistan prompting howls of fury from thousands of hungry Muslim families used to breaking their fast with plate after plate of deep pan or thin crust.
Imran Khan, a student and regular customer at a branch in Karachi, said: "The place was always packed in the evening. For a lot of people it had become a Ramadan tradition so this change is very sad."
I have a solution to their problem. Let them eat cake.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

^^ or may be have only Pepporoni and Hami Topping pizzas
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Baikul wrote:I have a solution to their problem. Let them eat cake.
At the bottom of the gutter, there is a cake bakery with some very delicious cakes on offer!
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

There is a threat embedded in it as well:
The pointless belligerence, which is the result of the decisions and follow up reactions of terribly shortsighted leaderships of both the countries has plunged the region into a fearfully dark future where thousands of kilometres of territory could be a hopeless nuclear wasteland.
and a demand:
Sense must prevail, there is still time to recover.
Give us Kashmir and we can all go home :(( :(( :((
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

lakshmikanth wrote:
What if there were no Pakistan , Pakislam or Pakiharam Mr Reartard Arabo ke Ghulam ?Al Baqar Paqqistein equation remains:-
P = BC2
Only a retard will think every one is retard like him.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

lakshmikanth wrote:
Give us Kashmir and we can all go home :(( :(( :((
No. If Kashmir is given, then next article would be about "What if there were no Himachal Pradesh".
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120808/main4.htm

Pak troops fire at 2 Poonch posts
Ravi Krishnan Khajuria & Darshan Bharti
Tribune News Service

Jammu/Poonch, August 7
A day after targeting an Indian forward post in the Arnia sector along the 192-km-long International Border (IB), Indian and Pakistani troops again traded small arms fire after Pakistan Rangers violated mutually brokered truce, firing at forward posts in Hiranagar and Poonch sectors along the Line of Control last night.

Two BSF troopers suffered splinter injuries after a rocket propelled grenade hit a bunker and exploded in the Hiranagar sector, .

The BSF and the Army, in Jammu and Kashmir, guard the borders with Pakistan and China. “Around 7.30 pm, Pakistan Rangers opened RPG fire followed by AK-47 bursts on the Pansar post in Hiranagar sector from their Abhyal Dogra post. In the grenade fire, two of our troopers, Bhuvneet Singh of Gurdaspur and Hari Mohan of Kanpur, were injured,” said a senior BSF officer.

“The RPG hit our bunker and exploded causing injuries to the two troopers,” he said. “Consequently, we gave them a calibrated but effective response. The exchange of fire continued till 10.30 pm,” he said.

“This morning we established contact with them and lodged a strong protest against their unwarranted act. But again, they remained in the denial mode,” said the officer.

Officiating IG, BSF Jammu Frontier, NS Jamwal rushed to the Hiranagar sector on Tuesday morning and took stock of the situation. Jamwal described the incident as an act of frustration on the part of Pakistani Rangers.

“Following detection of a trans-border tunnel in the Samba sector, The Pakistani side has been exposed. They are now resorting to unprovoked firing, which is more of a jittery reaction,” said Jamwal.

“Left exposed, Pakistan Rangers, in the month of Ramzan, have been resorting to truce violations in an attempt to involve us in retaliatory fire and then give a wrong impression to their people that Indian troops were firing at them,” he pointed out.

2 BSF MEN Hurt

Army, BSF give calibrated response
Two BSF troopers injured, shifted to hospital
Strong protest lodged with Pakistan
IG, BSF says the incident an act of frustration
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

I thought the Paki troop positions are known to us at least in peace times. If so why not blast them to smithereens when ever they violate the ceasefire and then send them ramzan sweets in the name of universal brotherhood, we are dharmic people onlee after all. How are civilians affected by this?
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Ramadan gift for pakis
Polio virus found in Karachi sewage
The World Health Organization (WHO) yesterday said that polio virus had been found in sewage water samples collected from Gadap town in Pakistan's city of Karachi.

A lot of efforts had been made in Gadap town over the past six months to reach every child during every anti-polio campaign, the WHO said in a press release.

However, it said, all children could not be reached in the town because of poor security situation and attacks on polio vaccination teams during the last campaign in July.

Sewage samples from Baldia town of Karachi also confirmed presence of polio virus for the first time after 12 samples showed absence of virus earlier this year.
Wait other cities are not lagging
Sewage samples from Sukkur, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Rawalpindi and Lahore have also shown presence of polio virus.
If polio virus continues to thrive one day inshallah we will see an army of millions of single legged mujahids marching towards delhi with a wooden staff in one hand and shamsher in other
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

more signs of every thing is normal
Three more bodies recovered from Karachi
The spell of violence Wednesday continued unmitigated in the metropolis where three tortured bodies were recovered from Pak Colony and Dhobi Ghat areas, police said.
The limb-tied bodies of two youth were recovered from Lyari River and Dhobi Ghat in the limit of Pak Colony Police Station. The deceased were killed after torture.
A throat-slit body of an eight-year child {this is called halal or ziba in islamic parlance}Abdul Qadir was recovered from Baldia Town’s Daud Goth. It should be mentioned here that the deceased came out of his house to play but went missing yesterday.
Meantime, a speeding truck trampled a motor-biker near Five-Star Chowrangi in North Nazimabad. . Police said the driver escaped the scene.

The investigations into the incidents have been started.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Brad Goodman wrote:Ramadan gift for pakis
[If polio virus continues to thrive one day inshallah we will see an army of millions of single legged mujahids marching towards delhi with a wooden staff in one hand and shamsher in other
Ameen beerathers, but why only one leg and not one eye and half nose to go along for perfection sake? Here is fearsome Jihadi Poaqputt held by Mamma and Paappa..

kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Jhujar wrote:
[If polio virus continues to thrive one day inshallah we will see an army of millions of single legged mujahids marching towards delhi with a wooden staff in one hand and shamsher in other
Ameen beerathers, but why only one leg and not one eye and half nose to go along for perfection sake? Here is fearsome Jihadi Poaqputt held by Mamma and Paappa..

This looks like SDRE (in the company of yahood-o-nasara ?)
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

ramana ji
These Paki SOBs are all over Europe to from France to Geneva (Swiss) on new year eve I was walking along the lake Rhone and there were tents with all kinds of food stalls
lo and behold these Pakis had two or three stalls but no desi guys...

from Nordic countries to Mediterranean countries this paki pestilence is all over
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

^^^^ pentiah:

A poor Indian is likely to migrate only to gelf region (atleast my observation from Kerala). Nordic countries/US is mostly high skilled Indians :- US because of its amazingly cranky immigration policy. Not sure of the Nordic countries.

But in any case, why are the Bakis who hate the Bania doing Bania like work in an infidel western country? They might even pay jaziya to these western countries in the form of Tax. Bakis know no shame.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

^^^ Paki government had a pretty lax passport regime and some how pakis have mastered loopholes in immigrations of other countries pretty well so u can see them every where. Only place they really behave themselves (which only means dont show their pakistaniyat in public) is massaland. All other places the shariah compliant behavior is on full display
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Individuals with roots in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan yet again in the news for the sex grooming of children in the UK:

UK child sex ring : Pakistani brothers likely to get life imprisonment
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Polio virus found in Karachi sewage
The World Health Organization (WHO) yesterday said that polio virus had been found in sewage water samples collected from Gadap town in Pakistan's city of Karachi.
having polio infected country in vicinity puts india in grave danger.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

80-year-old pilgrim robs 100 mobile phones
Saudi authorities arrest Pakistani with phones and $135,000 in cash

Saudi authorities have arrested an 80-year-old Pakistani man who stole 100 mobile phones and nearly $135,000 while on pilgrimage in the Gulf Kingdom last week, the Saudi Arabic language daily Ajel reported on Monday.

The unidentified man was seized at his residence in the holy city of Makkah on Saturday night, just after the end of the annual pilgrimage season in the Kingdom, where nearly 2.7 million pilgrims performed the rituals.

“The man was seized with nearly SR500,000 ($135,000) and 100 mobile phones…he also had a large amount of foreign currencies,” Ajel said.

It gave no details of the theft but Saudi authorities have reported the arrest of several thieves targeting Muslim pilgrims in Makkah, Islam’s holiest shrine.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/ ... 2-1.319739
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

abhijitm wrote:
Polio virus found in Karachi sewageThe World Health Organization (WHO) yesterday said that polio virus had been found in sewage water samples collected from Gadap town in Pakistan's city of Karachi.
having polio infected country in vicinity puts india in grave danger.
Is this not a necessary and sufficient condition to consider Pakistan a Bio-Hazard Zone and execute quarantine procedures? If it is not pliss to tell me what is!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

IMO, there are three reasons why we should have the strictest visa procedures for Pakistanis in view of the polio issue. One, India hs just wiped out polio after a tremendous effort stretching over a decade and we still have to remain polio-free for a few more years before we can be sure polio has been eradicated. We cannot allow this great effort to go waste just because we want aman with a hostile neighbour. Two, Pakistan is refusing to take steps to remove polio from that country and therefore needs to be shunned by us as otherwise it endangers and risks our nation and our healthcare systems. Three, polio is a highly contagious disease.

But, here we are relaxing visas in the fond hope that greater people-to-people interaction wold bring peace. It would only bring polio.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TSP swlling its nuclear arsenal to counter India: US Congressional Report
Primarily aimed at India, Pakistan is making qualitative and quantitative improvements to its nuclear arsenal and "could increase the number of circumstances under which it would be willing to use nuclear weapons," {IOW, reduce the already low and ambiguous threshold even lower and more ambiguous} a Congressional report has said.

"Pakistan appears to be increasing its fissile production capability and improving its delivery vehicles in order to hedge against possible increases in India's nuclear arsenal.

"Islamabad may also accelerate its current nuclear weapons efforts," the independent Congressional Research Service (CRS) said in a report.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The CRS report misses the elephant in the room.

Pakis are genuinely paranoid that CIA (along with ofcourse RAW and Mossad) are out to get their arsenal and make them nook nude. The OBL raid was also stunning to the Pakis and they are convinced that US is out to take out their nukes. In fact Kayani personally delivered a "white paper" to Obama which concluded that Pakistanis think US is out to get their nukes and it is American responsibility to reassure them that this is not the case.

The increase in fissile material production and nukes is also to hedge against this. It is not purely India specific.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://dawn.com/2012/08/08/taliban-thre ... mran-khan/
Taliban threaten to kill Imran Khan
The Taliban have threatened to kill Pakistani cricket star turned politician, Imran Khan, if he holds a planned march to their tribal stronghold to protest US drone attacks. :rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

^That's the beauty of Islamist jihadist kharajis. From Fazl-ur-Rehman to Col. Imam to Sqn Ldr khwaja to now Imran Khan. No one is exempted. Hamid Gul & Aslam beg beware.
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

SSridhar wrote:^That's the beauty of Islamist jihadist kharajis. From Fazl-ur-Rehman to Col. Imam to Sqn Ldr khwaja to now Imran Khan. No one is exempted. Hamid Gul & Aslam beg beware.
Now that would be a glorious event 8)
Prasanna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Prasanna »

ArmenT wrote:
kenop wrote:The Pakibanks should be mandated to do transactions only in USD if they are indeed allowed to enter the sector. Do not know if they have tried their hand at faking USD in the past.
They've been there and done that. See Bank of Credit and Commerce International which was described as "the biggest bank fraud in world financial history" by one district attorney. They didn't need to print fake dollars (or fake euros or whatever). All they had to do was claim that only yesterday, a rich (and non-existent) sheik in their Abu Dhabi branch had deposited X gold bars. The whole thing was a gigantic ponzi scheme and the bank became infamous for fraud and currency manipulation. At one point, the bank had lent 3x their capital to a single pakjabi family alone, who were good friends with the bank president. See this congressional report for details. The gory details start at chapter 4.
kenop wrote:I am sure they'll find some new innovative way to create another scam.
My concern was about FICN that would most likely be high on their agenda.
The BCCI was more of regular money laundering in the drugs supply chain. Terror funding (not the way understood today, which seems only to mean directly hitting western interests) was a side effect. Had CIA angle too (through BoA).
When Manmohan was RBI Governor he first objected but then allowed BCCI into India inspite of warnings about their criminal connections.
Now again he is allowing pakistani banks into India to facilitate narco-terrorists to launder their money.
Instead of responding to the queries of MP's manmohan singh ran away.
See this
http://parliamentofindia.nic.in/ls/lsde ... 070891.htm

07.08.91 *t13

STATEMENT BY MINISTER

Affairs of Bank of Credit and Commerce International (Overseas) Limited Bombay branch (BCCI)

THE MINISTER OF FINANCE (SHRI MANMOHAN SINGH):

The Bank of Credit and Commerce International (Overseas) Limited (incorporated in Grand Cayman), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Credit and Commerce International Holdings (Luxembourg) submitted an application to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in April, 1977 for opening two branches in India. However, BCCI was permitted by Reserve Bank of India to open only a representative office in June, 1977.

Representative Offices are not permitted to do any banking business but function only as a liaison office.

BCCI, however, pursued its request for establishment of branches in India. Reserve Bank of India issued a licence in February, 1983 for opening one branch in Bombay. The branch commenced its operation with effect from 31st March, 1983.

BCCI was involved in controversy in 1986 when investigations by Enforcement Directorate revealed that the bank was releasing foreign exchange against the Foreign Travel Scheme to travel agents without verifying the signatures of the actual travellers, with the result that a substantial amount of foreign exchange was released on the strength of the forms bearing forged and fake signatures. Some of the employees of the bank were detained under COFEPOSA Act. Subsequently four of these were related on the recommendation of the Advisory Board that heard the cases as provided in the COFEPOSA Act. Detention order of one employee was revoked by the Government on the ground that other employees had been released under similar circumstances. However, the case was adjudicated by Order dated 20-6-1988 imposing a penalty on the bank, its employees as well as travel agents and ordering confiscation of the seized exchange of US $1,32,00 as well as the Indian currency of Rs. 17,00,057 taken over from the bank. The Enforcement Directorate investigated the matter relating to irregular release of foreign exchange against Foreign Travel Scheme and the Directorate was not in possession of any evidence regarding use of such money for buying arms. Reserve Bank of India also deputed a special investigation team in January, 1987 to look into the matter and find out whether the seriousness of irregularities justified demands for cancellation of the licence of the bank. The inspection revealed that there were mainly procedural irregularities in foreign exchange operations and conduct of the bank in certain areas but such irregularities had also been observed in the case of other authorised dealers in India. This did not warrant revoking of licence.

There were also reports in 1988 from Intelligence Agencies that BCCI has made overtures for acquisition of property and is trying to enter the Hotel and real estate business in Lucknow and Bombay. The Intelligence Agencies viewed this as fraught with security risk.
SHRI GEORGE FERNANDES: No, Sir. I am seeking a clarification from you. This statement has been cooking now for seven days and at the end of seven days, is this all that the Finance Minister has to tell us?

Why did it take him seven days to give us such a trash-if I may use that word if it is not unparliamentary. I would like to have an answer to this. They should not take this House for granted. Does the Finance Minister want me to tell him? Can I ask the Finance Minister what he wrote on the file as the Reserve Bank Governor when this bank first asked for the licence? Did he say that this bank should not be given a licence? Then finally, the branch was allocated in Bombay at the instance of politicians. I shall not say so much because I would like you to name them. (Interruptions)
SHRI SOMNATH CHATTERJEE (Bolpur): This is a very disquieting state, very unfortunate state. From the top, there is nothing in it.

Even the journals in all countries have made disclosures which are sensational. We wanted to know what is the information with regard to this. Does the Government of India know anything about this except what has been casually given to us? That is why, we are disturbed; we are feeling

418 Statement by Minister Affairs by B.C.C.I. (Overseas) Ltd., Bombay disturbed; the whole country is feeling disturbed. There are sufficient hints that politicians are involved; MPs are involved; moneys are being utilised for purchase of arms; terrorists have been financed out of this. This is not a matter to be looked into or dealt with casually. Therefore, that is why we are objecting to it. The Finance Minister took time after time and postponed the date for making a statement like this! It is an exercise in utility. Any newspaper would give this. We expected that he would take the House into confidence instead of waiting for a discussion under Rule 193. He should have come forward and taken the House into confidence.
419 Statement by Minister Affairs by B.C.C.I. (Overseas) Ltd., Bombay SHRI SOMNATH CHATTERJEE (Bolpur): This is highly improper. When the House is agitated on this issue, how can the Finance Minister go away from the House? (Interruptions)

SHRI BASU DEB ACHARIA: Where is your Finance Minister? The matter is very serious and for the last so many days we are asking for a detailed statement on the BCCI affair. He should not take the House for granted. (Interruptions)..........
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

^ Wow. So, there has been a soft corner for our long lost brothers & sisters in Shri Man Mohan Singh's mind, then. He has been on the Aman-ki-Asha project for long. That raises very disturbing questions.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Bank of Credit and Commerce karname goes beyond that. This is from Gordon Corera's book about Paki nuke proliferation

And again

Here are a list of resources.