Delhi Case Follow-up thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Re: Delhi Case Follow-up thread

Post by rsingh »

gakakkad wrote:@AmberG , I hold you in high regard for your Physics and Math posts..Funny, you have decided to post the lifafa article by Ribeiro , which is a blatant defamation of Modi government . Herr Rebiero says that there has been an increase in attack on churches since Modi came to power..Now , Math is your strong suite.. Did you check his data before posting ? Because Senor Ribeiro did not bother checking the data..

if the (church attack:temple attack ) increased during Modi rule and the increase in ratio was statistically significant (P<0.05) , than the article would have had some merit ..else it is usual left wing hot-air..

BTW the real hero of 1984 was KPS Gill ..This chap was just in to take credit..like a typical Babu...
Ribeiro was very effective, respected him a lot. Now he is getting old and grand kids need US/UK visa. Just forgive him At this grand old age he has to do something for his family too.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

What's this trolling going on in Delhi case thread hainji ??? What's going to be posted next Bengal's Archbishop's rant over the alleged nun rape ???
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

disha wrote:Amber G., I respected and had Julio Riberio on a pedestal. A person who could do no wrong until he brought up the above <extreme crude language deleted>
Disha, I too respected Julio Riberio.
I still respect him even after this article. Specially , even more after this article.

It is sickening to see him demonized by a few from the extreme fringe.

Indian PM Modi, has not minced words since his August 15 speech, and regularly came out fairly strong about providing safety and security to everyone. Majority and minorities. Everyone. Including Christian communities. Even recently ... (see one of tweets)Image

His so called "supporters" are actually harming him (and India), by issuing tasteless statements about a Bharat-Ratna and Nobel Prize winner.

I am sickened but may be I shouldn't be surprise to see this kind of pile-on in brf. I (and hopefully most old timers) remember Mother Teresa was called "worse than a Paki terrorist"... (No folks - not some minor criticism of her institution - but actually and repeatedly - even after I asked if this was just some exaggeration -)...

Virtually everyone then too piled on me rather than even thinking, or even making that there is a difference between a Kasab and Bharat-Ratna.

Have we sunk so low?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

So what does Mother Theresa's shenanigans have anything to do with this thread? Christopher Hitchens has documented exactly what was wrong with Mother Theresa's "humanitarian" work, so there are legitimate reasons to be sceptical about her worthiness.

Maybe time to shut this thread down if all there is here is vacuous whining and distractions that has nothing to do with the topic. There is nothing going on w.r.t. this Delhi case on the ground except for focussing on Leslee Udwin/BBC cr@p that is not worth commenting on.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

BR to Teresa followed after her being given the Nobel piss prize and the same was followed for "AadarshLiberal" Amartya Sen. Both the BR's were a mistake from GoI, swayed by the patting of back by Goras and hence given to do one up. Hopefully the erroneous method of awarding BR post some gora back patting will see an end now that we have a proud leader as PM.

It doesn't take much research to know the fraud Teresa was and that is based on facts which has been highlighted both by furreigners and Indian people.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Hello Ramanaji -
With respect to your nice education on how to refute a point, I am just curious, in which category would you put, for example following...

Is this (the following quote) "refuting the central point, or "counter argument" or "contradiction" or "ad hominem" or "name calling"

I will really like to hear your views.
mchilian wrote:

Amber,

If someone abused you personally its of course deplorable.

But you cannot start a dharna here, pervert the discourse to your victimhood and continue to take potshots at everyone who disagrees with your sweeping generalizations either.

Judging by the quality of your posts, you seem to lack the intellectual depth or holistic understanding of issues and yet you want to deliver sweeping generalizations and want everyone to acknowledge your conclusions. This may cause people not to respect you as much as you want to be as this is a nationalist forum. Its not because you are a woman, man, gay, straight, white, black, northie, southie, etc - its just that you are trying to debate people who have a better grip over issues.

If I may advise, please take a break - educate yourself with facts and then join back in fact-based discussions with a sole focus on issues.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Hello ramana saar -

With respect to your nice education on how to refute a point, I am just curious, in which category would you put, for example following...

Is this (the following quotes) "refuting the central point, or "counter argument" or "contradiction" or "ad hominem" or "name calling"

I will really like to hear your views.
Amber G. wrote:Wow! I am speechless seeing scores of posts, addressed to me.

Some are vile, rude, if not outright personal attacks..

One starts with... the very first sentience "......bitch"
There was no decency to retract the statement of apology..

And there are more similar statements... ad hominem attacks...rants..

And all started with my first message - quoted below for the record ..

I did not comment on BBC movie, or NY times. I just said that "Safety of every person (even an "old nun") is importatnat. This ought not to be controversial. Yet dozens of posts. addressing me.. .people are attacking using absurd logic, points which have absolutely NO relation to what I said, using straw man arguments and crude language. Only thing I can see is the ugly side of brf .

I am with brf for a long time. I think it became a habit so I am still here.

I wish brf was more than a social club... which did not make atmosphere so hostile to anyone outside a narrow clique.

Time permitting, I may respond to some sane posts... but people please ought to READ what I write, if they want to have a meaningful conversation.

Peace.
Amber G. wrote:
disha wrote:Amber G., I respected and had Julio Riberio on a pedestal. A person who could do no wrong until he brought up the above <extreme crude language deleted>
I still respect him even after this article. Specially , even more after this article.

Indian PM Modi, has not minced words since his August 15 speech, and regularly came out fairly strong about providing safety and security to everyone. Majority and minorities. Everyone. Including Christian communities. Even recently ... (see one of tweets)Image

His so called "supporters" are actually harming him (and India), by issuing tasteless statements about a Bharat-Ratna and Nobel Prize winner.

I am sickened but may be I shouldn't be surprise to see this kind of pile-on in brf. I (and hopefully most old timers) remember Mother Teresa was called "worse than a Paki terrorist"... (No folks - not some minor criticism of her institution - but actually and repeatedly - even after I asked if this was just some exaggeration -)...

Virtually everyone then too piled on me rather than even thinking, or even making that there is a difference between a Kasab and Bharat-Ratna.

Have we sunk so low?
Continuously playing the victim card, showing absolute disrespect to the views of disagreeing fellow posters, posting MSM rants which have nothing to do with the thread and now names dropping as well. Is this how debates are going to be done on BRF ???
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, there is something to this India is a land of rapists bandwagon. Is somebody behind this. Nothing wrong with these 2 angry Indian gals (they should be) per se doing a little rap on rapists, but they could have done away with some gross generalizations. This video has apparently gone viral. I won't be surprised now if every western foreign leader in their parleys with Indian leaders add "what are you doing about rape" to their "religious tolerance" pet peeve

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/two-indian- ... ral-747336
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Mehh rrrrNDTV doing what it is paid for. If you recall a video of Kalki Koechlin satirizing rape remarks had also gone "viral", did it hurt India's prospects back then ??? The only thing that will hurt India is an anti national government like UPA/Congress, so let's not get distracted by some flys looking for their 15 minutes of fame and Modi is more than capable of handling any googly thrown at him. He has gone through 15 yrs. of being threatened to be put behind bars (RS speech), you think a few moral grandstanding goras will be able to bowl him over ???
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I hope Indian PM Narendra Modi -- is not dismissed as another 'lifafa article"

Thank you PM for speaking up. I only hope your so called "supporters" do not drag India down.

Modi deeply concerned about rape of nun; protests flare

Excerpts:
(Reuters) - Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday he was "deeply concerned" about the rape of an elderly nun and the demolition of a church as protests for the better protection of women and religious minorities erupted across the country.

Modi has asked for an immediate report on the violence on the weekend, according to a statement. There were angry scenes in parliament as legislators demanded to know why the man accused of rape had not been arrested.

Over the last few months, Modi has been criticised for being slow to condemn a series of attacks on Christian institutions, fuelling concern his Hindu nationalist government is failing to rein in Hindu zealots.

Outrage over the rape of the nun has reignited an angry debate about the safety of women.

"We all feel ashamed, never before could this have been imagined, we have never heard of such things," said Mohammed Salim, a member of the lower house of parliament. "And despite that, after 70 hours no arrests have been made."

Police detained nine men after the attack on the 75-year-old nun in a convent school but no arrests have been made. A group of men broke into the school and stole some items. One of them then raped the nun.

Even after national soul searching caused by the gang rape and murder of a student in Delhi two years ago and tougher penalties for men who attack women, India is struggling to tame chauvinistic attitudes that leave women vulnerable to rape.

In the past, Banerjee and members of her Trinamool Congress party have attracted criticism for comments on rape deemed insensitive. Two years ago, Banerjee accused a rape victim of making up the incident and one of her ministers questioned why she was out late drinking at a night club. {and in brf posts after posts people are claiming "No one is balming the victim" /disgust/ }
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"We all feel ashamed, never before could this have been imagined, we have never heard of such things," said Mohammed Salim, a member of the lower house of parliament. "And despite that, after 70 hours no arrests have been made."
Reminds me of the saying about "The girl who thought ***King was a town in China"
Mr. Salim has clearly not read of the achievements of the German army for instance. Or the Pakistan Army next door in East Bengal.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

UlanBatori wrote:
Reminds me of the saying about "The girl who thought ***King was a town in China"
Mr. Salim has clearly not read of the achievements of the German army for instance. Or the Pakistan Army next door in East Bengal.

UBji,

I am sure it reminds you of whatever classy saying it reminds you.

But for every other person I hope, achievements of "Paki Army next door" is nothing of being proud of.

Mr. Salim, I presume is an Indian, and like him most know that India is not Pak or East Bengal.. India's standards are higher.

I am sure you know, I admired your work, your excellent pieces on various blogs. I actually helped in my own way.

I had tremendous respect for you, and would still like to think I was not wrong in that.

But seriously, your posts of late are looking more like rants -- except that the language is cruder.

I have no doubt that you, and your clique, will win mocking me as you have done before a few posts ago so I will stop here except to say that:

I wished you read .. I mean really read what I wrote.. (My singular point there was, not to trivialize rape) before you mocked me in the last few posts..

Most decent people are concerned. Indian PM Modi has minced no words now.

FYI: Here is just a sampling of few headlines..More gems about classy sayings??
Modi concerned about rape, attacks on churches as Indian ...
Fox News-5 hours ago
NEW DELHI – Prime Minister Narendra Modi says he is "deeply concerned" about the rape of a nun and the destruction of a church in India, but ...
Rape of Nun, Church Attacks Make Indian Christians Anxious
ABC News-5 hours ago
Christians Say They are Under Siege in India After Nun's Rape ...
International-NDTV-Mar 16, 2015
India's Christians Anxious After Church Attacks, Rape Of Elderly Nun
In-Depth-Huffington Post-5 hours ago
Christians say under siege in Modi's India after nun rape, attacks
Blog-Reuters Blogs (blog)-Mar 16, 2015
Christians in India say under siege on PM Narendra Modi's watch ...
International-Financial Express-Mar 16, 2015

Narendra Modi expresses 'deep concern' over India nun rape
BBC News-9 hours ago
New Delhi police launch Facebook page to address Christian ...
Last edited by Raja Bose on 18 Mar 2015 05:50, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Personal references removed
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Actually, the ranaghat nun rape is a very good opportunity for Modi to recoup some lost ground.
Mamata did a blunder by mentioning Ghar-wapasi. She tried to be too clever and instead people were very angry that she tried to play politics.
BJP has very little influence in Bengal rural areas.

I hope The culprits get caught very soon - hopefully with central intervention - so that mamata looks like an incompetent and vengeful fool and Modi gets something to talk about.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Who exactly is trivializing rape here? Perhaps quoting the posts would be enlightening. Otherwise, It would best to not set strawmen and fire and then complain about the smoke. hyperbolic rhetoric and repeated insinuations of posters here and smearing everyone with the same brush is pretty pathetic and intellectually dishonest and not setting an example for setting the high bar, and wipes away any such pretense and deserves to be mocked. And no, there is no ****ing clique here other than in people's own imagination. Done with the sanctimonious cr@p on this and other threads.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks, this thread is about Delhi Gang Rape case and its follow-up wrt to punishments.
All the rest is OT. You can discuss it as you all seem to be so immersed in it. But not here.

I closed the report as the thread is going OT and was pointed out.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Amber G. wrote:
Modi concerned about rape, attacks on churches as Indian ...
Fox News-5 hours ago
NEW DELHI – Prime Minister Narendra Modi says he is "deeply concerned" about the rape of a nun and the destruction of a church in India, but ...
Rape of Nun, Church Attacks Make Indian Christians Anxious
ABC News-5 hours ago
Christians Say They are Under Siege in India After Nun's Rape ...
International-NDTV-Mar 16, 2015
India's Christians Anxious After Church Attacks, Rape Of Elderly Nun
In-Depth-Huffington Post-5 hours ago
Christians say under siege in Modi's India after nun rape, attacks
Blog-Reuters Blogs (blog)-Mar 16, 2015
Christians in India say under siege on PM Narendra Modi's watch ...
International-Financial Express-Mar 16, 2015

Narendra Modi expresses 'deep concern' over India nun rape
BBC News-9 hours ago
New Delhi police launch Facebook page to address Christian ...
Western Media, the gold standard of free and fair journalism :lol:

Other than flame baiting about BRF posters allegedly "trivializing rape", moral grandstanding and more flame baiting I am yet to see anything factual coming from this resident American about India's supposed inaction regarding rape. It's ironical that Americans go on giving speeches about "not trivializing rape" when their country is the one which has the worst record in this matter a recent example being.

Cops on an 11-Year-Old Who Says She Was Raped: “Child’s Promiscuous Behavior Caused This”

An excerpt
In 2009, the police and courts thought Hicks-Best was a false rape accuser who was lying to cover up for her naughty behavior. “All sex was consensual,”" one police officer wrote in an email discussing this case with his colleagues. “Parents are unable to accept the fact of this child’s promiscuous behavior caused this situation.”
Ahh such fine standards of policing only from the land of sugar and honey.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SagarG, Enough of that.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

AmberG, I have not mocked anyone on this Forum, especially you. What's with this equivalent of a Fedayeen grabbing an AK-47 and opening fire at everyone indiscriminately? You seem to be seeing Offense everywhere. Actually it is rather insulting to see people assume that the rest of us here are not capable of mature human feelings or whatever.
So kindly end the gratuitious Offence-Taking spree, thanks!

And, ahem.. kindly read your post(s) and delete personal references before the admins have to do it, I am most certainly going to have to ask them to do it shortly.

P.S. IMHO, if I may try to end this fedayeen campaign, I think you COMPLETELY misread a post by CRamS, and that is what may have triggered the AK-47. He may have used language preferred by the Queen's own English cricket team, but he was **MOST CERTAINLY*** not targeting you!! Surely you don't have to feel THAT insecure here, hain?

Cricket matches to predict and bet on, AmberG, no time to waste!!
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Admin Note: Guys, enough. Next one crossing the line will get a ban.

Amber G & UB ji, please take a deep breath and calm down. Thank you.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aiyyooo! The Polis have arrived! I am off to krikit dhaga onlee! :eek: :shock: 8)
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

ramana wrote:Folks, this thread is about Delhi Gang Rape case and its follow-up wrt to punishments.
All the rest is OT. You can discuss it as you all seem to be so immersed in it. But not here.

I closed the report as the thread is going OT and was pointed out.
Ramana, many of us concerned about feminist issues would rather not trivialize the continuing epidemic of sexual atrocities around the globe. We do need a platform to discuss the relevant data. If this is not the correct thread, request that you start another one on the Strat Forum. I will be happy to start this if OK by you.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

All right how many on twitter have subscribed to the two TLs created by Lilo?
We have other threads on Human Trafficking started by jarita in Econ forum and moved here to get more eyes.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Guess that's a go-ahead. Thanks !

Will start it in a few days...
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

The fertility rate is falling in the west. But still the government gives doles to single teenage mothers with no means to have children. In many ways, the amount of benefits given is disproportional to number of children. It's not mathematical where for 1 child benefit given is x, then for 2, it's 2x. It's actually 2x+ y. In UQ The y is arrived at based on the criteria set by the local government. This ensures there are more kids born who do not get any parental supervision. And this forms a catchment for paedophiles to exploit. Breaking families initially into nuclear families and then into single parent families (excluding difficult circumstances) and then still giving carte blanche to reproduce may be a conscious state policy so that the leaders could exploit children. Is this in anyway the official state policy in the Anglo-Saxon world?

This apparently has been going on under the auspices of the church for quite some time and then a few Pakistani taxi drivers decided to fulfil their lecherous tendencies using young impressionable girls in desolate northern English towns. It was terrible but it helps shift the discussion away from the church's rampant paedophilia to Pakis. Pakis being Churchills favourite children cannot be punished until the evil Hindu males in India are also punished simultaneously.

As more paedophilia is exposed in the west and it becomes impossible to ignore or suppress, the church and western establishment, decides to use the Paki crimes which they will fully turned a blind eye towards, and tar Indians exactly like the western criminals. Mohtarma Lesliuddin thus helped BBC and thus also the Frankfurt school to extract revenge of India and Hindu males. The church and Frankfurt school thus came together in the marriage of convenience?

Hindu Stree has upheld the Dharma so for both western establishments, this was a good way to achieve their personal goals.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

There is another "documentary"/book re. a different person. This one is american. The NPR folks were promoting it last week.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

Update from the University of Leipzig regarding their racist prof:
http://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/service/pr ... ab_id=5962

Summary: They're doing nothing.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Nirbhaya documentary row: SC issues notice to defence lawyers for derogatory remarks

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought an explanation from the two defence lawyers in the Nirbhaya case for allegedly making derogatory remarks against women in the BBC documentary 'India's Daughter'.

A bench headed by Justice V Gopal Gowda said the issue needs serious consideration and issued notice to advocates M L Sharma and A P Singh. It granted them two weeks time to file response.

The court passed the order on a petition filed by the Supreme Court Women Lawyers Association.

The association pleaded in court that the two advocates be not allowed to practice in the Supreme Court in view of their controversial and derogatory statements.

In an unprecedented step, the association of women lawyers on Friday moved a petition in the Supreme Court not only to punish two male colleagues for their derogatory views on women in the BBC documentary on Nirbhaya gang rape case, but also to fight the deep-seated gender bias among male advocates.

The Supreme Court Women Lawyers Association took umbrage at the comments of advocates M L Sharma and A P Singh in the documentary 'India's Daughter' and sought a ban on their entry into the apex court premises. The two lawyers represented the accused in the Nirbhaya case.

The petition, filed through advocate Mahalakshmi Pavani, said, "The comments made in the documentary (by the two advocates) are inhumane, scandalous, unjustifiable, biased, outrageous and ill-minded and are a direct affront to and in violation of dignity of women, especially the women practicing in the Supreme Court. These comments have caused a sense of insecurity, indignation and fear among the female lawyers practicing in the Supreme Court."

A transcript of the two advocates' comments, which led to outrage in civil society and angry remarks on social networking sites, was submitted along with the petition.

Referring to Sharma's comment — "a woman means... I immediately put sex in his eyes", the petition said, "These words coming from the so-called saviour of justice unveils his real face and thoughts he holds for daughters, women and every citizen of the country."

"The derogatory and insulting words used by Sharma make it clear that according to him women shouldn't be allowed to go out after the time specified by him; they should have no choice of choosing persons with whom they want to spend time; they shouldn't be allowed to befriend men; they should not be allowed to live their life as per their wish; that women shall forever be restrained from even thinking of being independent and maintain individuality," the association said.

It also requested the court to direct the sexual harassment committee at SC to take action against the duo. "The two advocates be also directed to retract their statements and issue a public apology for holding and making views which are absolutely derogatory to the dignity of women," the petition said. Their apology should also be included in the BBC documentary, it said
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Person who circulated rape video on WhatsApp held

NEW DELHI: CBI on Tuesday arrested a person in the case where videos showing two women being gang-raped by men who even smiled for the camera were doing rounds on the WhatsApp. The Supreme Court had last week, while observing that videos were "shocking and scary" handed over probe to CBI.

READ ALSO: Arrest those who upload rape videos: Supreme Court to CBI

The alleged sexual offender in the videos circulated on WhatsApp has been identified as Subrata Sahu from Odisha.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In the lawyers case why is the Bar Council not taking independent action?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

They have issued notices to Defense Lawyers on their remarks in the docu

Bar Council Issues Notices to Defence Lawyers for Remarks in Nirbhaya Documentary
OTH lawyers reportedly said they did not receive any notice as on March 7th.
New Delhi: The Bar Council of India has issued notices to two defence lawyers for their remarks in a documentary "India's Daughter" - depicting the brutal gang-rape and murder of a paramedic student in Delhi in 2012 - that have sparked massive outrage and condemnation.

In its notice, the council, which met late last night, has given the lawyers - ML Sharma and AK Singh - three weeks' time to explain why disciplinary action should not be initiated against them for their remarks.

In the film - banned in India and telecast by the BBC on Wednesday night - Mr Sharma has, at one point, said that there is no place for women in Indian culture. Both AK Singh and he make other outrageous comments too.

"Once they file their reply to showcause notice, we will examine and if we find that an enquiry needs to be initiated, then after holding the enquiry, the bar council has the power to revoke licence," Manan Mishra, Chairman, Bar Council of India told NDTV.

Mr Sharma and Mr Singh are the lawyers for the four men on death row for gang-raping and killing a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus in Delhi in December 2012. The woman came to be known as "Nirbhaya" or fearless, and became a symbol for India's fight to check crimes against women.

Fellow lawyers want the licences of the two defence lawyers revoked and people are demanding, in hundreds of posts on social media, that they be punished.

Mr Sharma today said that he hasn't received the notice so far, adding there was no "misconduct" on his part.

On Thursday, he told NDTV that his views had been misrepresented, alleging that the filmmaker, Leslee Udwin, used only a part of what he said. "She took my interview for 10 days, showed only one line," he said.

Lawyer AK Singh, whose comments about women provoked outrage too, had earlier said people who opposed him were "biased". He said he had received calls from many people who told him that they supported his views.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So March 28th would be three weeks time. Let us see.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So what happened to the two lawyers issue?
Neither the SC nor the Bar Council seems to be interested in pursuing the issue to closure.

Indian legal system has a misplaced sense of untimely justice and believes firmly in delaying justice as much as possible. That was the British way for dealing with Indians.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

That was the British way for dealing with Indians.
Or was it THE British way? link
Obviously the British filmmaker who made documentary would not know it probably, nor would it sully image of Britain in 2015.
More link1 , link2 .
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Speaking of Britshit child abuse crimes, they have also left their mark on a small island in the middle of nowhere in the Atlantic ocean.

Wikipedia:
St Helena child abuse scandal

St Helena child abuse: Foreign Office 'was warned British island couldn't cope 12 years ago'
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Amber G. wrote:

Have we sunk so low?

I think we found a MUTU here. in advanced stages of the syndrome too. No point in trying to cure or use rational logic. won't work at all.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

[youtube]wpKe7svj31E&feature=youtu.be&t=47[/youtube]
member_27991
BRFite

Post by member_27991 »

Jhujar wrote:[youtube]wpKe7svj31E&feature=youtu.be&t=47[/youtube]
Gives me the creeps when she holds Leslie's hand during the discussion. Pure natutanki. These people can never ever have genuine feelings about anything.
chandrasekhar.m
BRFite

Post by chandrasekhar.m »

X-post (ignore any inline comments of mine that are not relevant here)

Juvenile Justice Bill likely to be tabled in Lok Sabha this week
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst

NEW DELHI: A bill which seeks to try juveniles in the age group of 16 to 18 years accused of heinous crimes under laws for adults is likely to be introduced in the Lok Sabha this week.

Overruling the recommendations of a parliamentary panel for its re-examination, the Cabinet cleared Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2014 on April 22.

Government sources said the bill is likely to be introduced this week.

The bill states that in case a heinous crime has been committed by a person in the age group of 16-18 years it will be examined by a Juvenile Justice Board to assess if the crime was committed as a 'child' or as an 'adult'.

The trial of the case will take place accordingly by the board which will consist of psychologists and social experts.

Even ignoring whether the determination was as 'child' or 'adult', how can a trial be done by psychologiststs and social experts :shock: rather than a judge?

The legislation, which would replace the existing Juvenile Justice Act, 2000, was proposed in view of increasing number of serious offences being committed by persons in the age group of 16-18 years.

According to data from National Crime Records Bureau, crimes by juveniles in the age group of 16-18 years have increased, especially in certain categories of heinous crimes.

The number of murder cases against juveniles rose from 531 in 2002 to 1,007 in 2013.
Similarly, cases of rape and assault with intent to outrage the modesty of women have gone up from 485 and 522 in 2002 to 1,884 and 1,424 in 2013 respectively.
In 2013, 933 cases of kidnapping and abduction were registered against juveniles, which was 704 in 2012.

The growth in these crimes is shocking. :(( Note that the rape/violence against women cases have increased the most in percentage compared to others. And juveniles are into kidnapping and abduction too even though such crimes require more resources and logistics. Learning new horrible things everyday.

According to Women and Child Development Ministry, more than 250 civil society organisations, individuals and experts had given their comments on the draft Bill which were taken into consideration before giving it a final shape.

New offences, including illegal adoption, corporal punishment in child care institutions, use of children by militant groups and offences against disabled children have also been incorporated in the proposed legislation.

The amended bill also proposes to streamline adoption procedures for orphaned, abandoned and surrendered children by making mandatory registration of all institutions engaged in providing child care.
Does this also cover day care centres? If so, wondering what happens to mom and pop creches? I am sure those are not registered anywhere

The legislation proposes several rehabilitation and social integration measures for institutional and non- institutional children. It provides for sponsorship and foster care as completely new measures.
What is meant by institutional and non-institutional children here?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So when are the guilty to be hanged?

Looks like the juvenile will be released soon.