Bharat Rakshak Forum Announcement

Hello Everyone,

A warm welcome back to the Bharat Rakshak Forum.

Important Notice: Due to a corruption in the BR forum database we regret to announce that data records relating to some of our registered users have been lost. We estimate approx. 500 user details are deleted.

To ease the process of recreating the user IDs we request members that have previously posted on the BR forums to recognise and identify their posts, once the posts are identified please contact the BRF moderator team by emailing BRF Mod Team with your post details.

The mod team will be able to update your username, email etc. so that the user history can be maintained.

Unfortunately for members that have never posted or have had all their posts deleted i.e. users that have 0 posts, we will be unable to recreate your account hence we request that you re-register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Seetal

The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RajeshA » 08 Sep 2015 08:54

Decolonizing the Humanities: India Facts
By NS Rajaram

Dr. Ananda Coomaaraswamy described the result as follows:

“A single generation of English education suffices to break the threads of tradition and create a non-descript and superficial being deprived of all roots— an intellectual pariah who does not belong to the East or to the West, the past or the future. Of all Indian problems, the educational is the most difficult and the most tragic.”

One can only call this spiritual emasculation. India’s misfortune is that this alienated elite — created by the rulers of a bygone age — still dominates and controls India’s education and intellectual life.

It is a worse kind of domination than any caste domination that ever existed. In fact, it is a new caste— the super-caste of the English educated elite.

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14220
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby svinayak » 08 Sep 2015 09:47

Falijee wrote:Pakistan Map Dreams :mrgreen:

Ever since India changed the map of Pakistan in 1971, Pakistan has been dying to do the same to India. Here are seven such maps some Pakistanis fantasize about:



Very important to understand these maps. They give us the info about how the Khalistanis/others have told them of their version of their map. How they have understood the different parts of India in the last 4 decades and their analysis.

We can connect some of these maps to the sociologists mapping of the Indian society and also long term social engineering going on in India.

The leftist and commie propaganda in various regions fall under the similar pattern of these maps.

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5150
Joined: 21 Apr 2002 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Agnimitra » 13 Sep 2015 09:57

X-post from Sanskrit nukkad:

Noted contemporary Tamil writer & Sahitya Akademi award winner, Joe D’ Cruz, says: " People have been misled on Sanskrit for 60 years". He is also head of Samskrita Bharati for northern TN -

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/chenn ... 643813.ece

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5150
Joined: 21 Apr 2002 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Agnimitra » 30 Sep 2015 21:02

X-post from Sanskrit nukkad:

"Smriti Irani asks for developing Simple Standar Sanskrit":

http://m.timesofindia.com/home/educatio ... 169911.cms

Here is her speech, in Sanskrit. Small steps!

https://youtu.be/TibXxTNJHFY


Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20336
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Prem » 02 Oct 2015 05:04

eisenberg: “Quantum theory will not look ridiculous to people who have read Vedanta.”


Agnimitra
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5150
Joined: 21 Apr 2002 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Agnimitra » 03 Oct 2015 08:14

Agnimitra wrote:Conscious Citizenship on a Peregrine Planet
...Increasingly, we see that countries facing civilizational clashes within their territory are introducing laws that begin to expect a conscious citizen to abide by and participate in constitutional values and purposes, rather than be entitled to "birth-based" rights and privileges. Some are revoking citizenship - of immigrants, as well as citizens born on their soil, including converts to inimical ideologies - if the person is implicated in treason or terrorism. Others are revoking some citizenship rights only partially in such cases. ...

More examples of this coming out on a regular basis. X-posting two:

Falijee wrote:Canadian Citizen Found Guilty Of Terrorism Likely To Be Deported To Pakistan :mrgreen:

Exclusive: Tories move to strip citizenship from Canadian-born terrorist

Case of Saad Gaya, convicted bomb plotter, a major test for controversial new law


................{Rest Snipped}..................



arun wrote:X Posted from the “26/11/2008: Never Forget. Never Forgive.” Thread.

Pakistani origin Mohammadden Terrorist, Tahawwur Hussain Rana, who among other terrorist related crimes was found guilty of providing material support to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s State Sponsored Mohammadden Terrorist 26/11 Mumbai attack may be stripped of Canadian citizenship;

Pakistani-Canadian imprisoned over plot to decapitate newspaper employees targeted for citizenship revocation

Agnimitra
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5150
Joined: 21 Apr 2002 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Agnimitra » 03 Oct 2015 11:37


BTW just for the record - about the case posted above, turns out the media lied about it again. UP govt tweeted that the perp was a drug addict, no link between crime and temple entry.

RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RajeshA » 03 Oct 2015 22:20

Agnimitra wrote:

BTW just for the record - about the case posted above, turns out the media lied about it again. UP govt tweeted that the perp was a drug addict, no link between crime and temple entry.


Thanks for clarifying! You're right, we shouldn't simply go by allegations made by media. Indian media likes to formulate incidents in some sensational anti-Hindu manner and damn Hindus on day one rather than waiting for explanations from authorities or for court judgments.

Arjun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4204
Joined: 21 Oct 2008 01:52

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Arjun » 10 Oct 2015 10:11

Rise of Minority Muslim Population Poses Challenge to India’s Democracy

A critical issue that deserves a thread of its own - given the demographic change that looms before India.

The largest and most consequential change, however, will be in India, poised to become the most populous nation. Its Hindu population will increase by 35 percent from 1.03 billion in 2010 to 1.38 billion in 2050, but Indian Muslims will increase by 76 percent from 176 million to 310 million in the same period. This means that the largest increase in the Muslim population of South Asia will occur in India.

India will acquire a new global status in terms of religious composition of its population. With a population of 310 million Muslims, India will become the largest Muslim “country” in the world. While Hindus will remain a majority population at 77 percent, the proportion of Muslims will increase from 14 percent in 2011 to 18 percent in 2050. The population increase will present additional and more complex challenges for the nation’s democratic political system grounded in its secular constitution that envisions justice, liberty, equality and fraternity for all Indian citizens – but is increasingly contested


member_28638
BRFite
Posts: 211
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby member_28638 » 17 Oct 2015 15:29

This hero stops the plunder of India's past

http://m.rediff.com/news/interview/this ... 384d98aef1

panduranghari
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby panduranghari » 17 Oct 2015 21:08

Indian Memory Project

Visual & Oral history of the Indian Subcontinent via family archives

http://www.indianmemoryproject.com/timeline/

Please add your own family history to this. Its wonderful looking at some of these old photographs.

JwalaMukhi
BRFite
Posts: 1635
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 18:27

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby JwalaMukhi » 17 Oct 2015 23:15

The evanjehadis have infiltrated too deep into the system. Every single institution needs constant root-canal extraction therapy to cure the disease of sickularitis. The sanskrit film Priyamanasam has been banned from International Film Festival in Keralanadu, ostensibly because it is in sanskrit and deals with hindu pantheon. Yessire bob! the rotting of institutions seems like beyond redemption/restitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1fsNcWefhk

Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite
Posts: 648
Joined: 06 Dec 2009 14:09

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Mukesh.Kumar » 17 Oct 2015 23:33

Recently started reading Rajiv Malhotra's book- Breaking India. It has been a revelation till now. But I have a question for guru's who have read this already. How many of you have been actually been able to go back and verify the references he uses. I know this sounds like an apologist, but I would sleep much better and be able to argue much more forcefully if I could at leats go back and verify the sources.

Been trying to find stuff online to corroborate his arguments and references, and in fact started with Edition 1, Ninth Impression, Hardcover. Chapter 8, last paragraph where RMji gives the example of S.D. Lourdu makes fun of Vande Mataram as "Vande Mutram". If I could only find teh original work to check. If this is true, this is treason. How can anyone do this?

Guru's who know Tamil or are from the area, if you could corroborate. Please. Very deeply disturbed after reading this.

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 5337
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 21:19

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby vishvak » 18 Oct 2015 19:31

JwalaMukhi wrote:The evanjehadis have infiltrated too deep into the system. Every single institution needs constant root-canal extraction therapy to cure the disease of sickularitis. The sanskrit film Priyamanasam has been banned from International Film Festival in Keralanadu, ostensibly because it is in sanskrit and deals with hindu pantheon. Yessire bob! the rotting of institutions seems like beyond redemption/restitution.
[youtube>>]X1fsNcWefhk[/<<youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1fsNcWefhk

Reason why current PM was called 'Hitler' etc is to ignore when Hitlers are born, in God's own country, it seems.

Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20336
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Prem » 20 Oct 2015 07:05

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/can-spirit ... ce-coexist
What Happened When Einstein Met Indian Mystic Tagore

The nature of truth, reality, beauty and consciousness are the kind of weighty, meaty topics great minds love to discuss. In Germany in 1930, just such a conversation took place between Albert Einstein and Indian philosopher Rabindranath Tagore. Explored in the new book "Science and the Indian Tradition: When Einstein Met Tagore," by David L. Gosling, this dialogue wasn’t the usual religion vs. science debate you’re likely to see on CNN.Tagore says, “It is a relative world, depending for its relativity upon our consciousness.” His entire argument is that beauty and truth are completely dependent on humans observing them, that there is no beauty without an admirer, and no truth without a believer.Einstein disagrees with the truth aspect, stating that “the Pythagorean theorem in geometry states something that is approximately true, independent of the existence of man. Anyway, if there is a reality independent of man, there is also a Truth relative to this reality; and in the same way the negation of the first engenders a negation of the existence of the latter.”
On July 14, 1930, Albert Einstein welcomed into his home on the outskirts of Berlin the Indian philosopher, musician, and Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore. The two proceeded to have one of the most stimulating, intellectually riveting conversations in history, exploring the age-old friction between science and religion. Science and the Indian Tradition: When Einstein Met Tagore (public library) recounts the historic encounter, amidst a broader discussion of the intellectual renaissance that swept India in the early twentieth century, germinating a curious osmosis of Indian traditions and secular Western scientific doctrine.The following excerpt from one of Einstein and Tagore’s conversations dances between previously examined definitions of science, beauty, consciousness, and philosophy in a masterful meditation on the most fundamental questions of human existence.

EINSTEIN: Do you believe in the Divine as isolated from the world?
TAGORE: Not isolated. The infinite personality of Man comprehends the Universe. There cannot be anything that cannot be subsumed by the human personality, and this proves that the Truth of the Universe is human Truth.I have taken a scientific fact to explain this — Matter is composed of protons and electrons, with gaps between them; but matter may seem to be solid. Similarly humanity is composed of individuals, yet they have their interconnection of human relationship, which gives living unity to man’s world. The entire universe is linked up with us in a similar manner, it is a human universe. I have pursued this thought through art, literature and the religious consciousness of man.

EINSTEIN: There are two different conceptions about the nature of the universe: (1) The world as a unity dependent on humanity. (2) The world as a reality independent of the human factor.

TAGORE: When our universe is in harmony with Man, the eternal, we know it as Truth, we feel it as beauty.

EINSTEIN: This is the purely human conception of the universe.

TAGORE: There can be no other conception. This world is a human world — the scientific view of it is also that of the scientific man. There is some standard of reason and enjoyment which gives it Truth, the standard of the Eternal Man whose experiences are through our experiences.

EINSTEIN: This is a realization of the human entity.

TAGORE: Yes, one eternal entity. We have to realize it through our emotions and activities. We realized the Supreme Man who has no individual limitations through our limitations. Science is concerned with that which is not confined to individuals; it is the impersonal human world of Truths. Religion realizes these Truths and links them up with our deeper needs; our individual consciousness of Truth gains universal significance. Religion applies values to Truth, and we know this Truth as good through our own harmony with it.
EINSTEIN: Truth, then, or Beauty is not independent of Man?
TAGORE: No.
EINSTEIN: If there would be no human beings any more, the Apollo of Belvedere would no longer be beautiful.
TAGORE: No.
EINSTEIN: I agree with regard to this conception of Beauty, but not with regard to Truth.
TAGORE: Why not? Truth is realized through man.
EINSTEIN: I cannot prove that my conception is right, but that is my religion.
TAGORE: Beauty is in the ideal of perfect harmony which is in the Universal Being; Truth the perfect comprehension of the Universal Mind. We individuals approach it through our own mistakes and blunders, through our accumulated experiences, through our illumined consciousness — how, otherwise, can we know Truth?

EINSTEIN: I cannot prove scientifically that Truth must be conceived as a Truth that is valid independent of humanity; but I believe it firmly. I believe, for instance, that the Pythagorean theorem in geometry states something that is approximately true, independent of the existence of man. Anyway, if there is a reality independent of man, there is also a Truth relative to this reality; and in the same way the negation of the first engenders a negation of the existence of the latter.

TAGORE: Truth, which is one with the Universal Being, must essentially be human, otherwise whatever we individuals realize as true can never be called truth – at least the Truth which is described as scientific and which only can be reached through the process of logic, in other words, by an organ of thoughts which is human. According to Indian Philosophy there is Brahman, the absolute Truth, which cannot be conceived by the isolation of the individual mind or described by words but can only be realized by completely merging the individual in its infinity. But such a Truth cannot belong to Science. The nature of Truth which we are discussing is an appearance that is to say, what appears to be true to the human mind and therefore is human, and may be called maya or illusion.

EINSTEIN: So according to your conception, which may be the Indian conception, it is not the illusion of the individual, but of humanity as a whole.

TAGORE: The species also belongs to a unity, to humanity. Therefore the entire human mind realizes Truth; the Indian or the European mind meet in a common realization.

EINSTEIN: The word species is used in German for all human beings, as a matter of fact, even the apes and the frogs would belong to it.

TAGORE: In science we go through the discipline of eliminating the personal limitations of our individual minds and thus reach that comprehension of Truth which is in the mind of the Universal Man.
EINSTEIN: The problem begins whether Truth is independent of our consciousness.

TAGORE: What we call truth lies in the rational harmony between the subjective and objective aspects of reality, both of which belong to the super-personal man.

EINSTEIN: Even in our everyday life we feel compelled to ascribe a reality independent of man to the objects we use. We do this to connect the experiences of our senses in a reasonable way. For instance, if nobody is in this house, yet that table remains where it is.

TAGORE: Yes, it remains outside the individual mind, but not the universal mind. The table which I perceive is perceptible by the same kind of consciousness which I possess.

EINSTEIN: If nobody would be in the house the table would exist all the same — but this is already illegitimate from your point of view — because we cannot explain what it means that the table is there, independently of us.Our natural point of view in regard to the existence of truth apart from humanity cannot be explained or proved, but it is a belief which nobody can lack — no primitive beings even. We attribute to Truth a super-human objectivity; it is indispensable for us, this reality which is independent of our existence and our experience and our mind — though we cannot say what it means.

TAGORE: Science has proved that the table as a solid object is an appearance and therefore that which the human mind perceives as a table would not exist if that mind were naught. At the same time it must be admitted that the fact, that the ultimate physical reality is nothing but a multitude of separate revolving centres of electric force, also belongs to the human mind.

In the apprehension of Truth there is an eternal conflict between the universal human mind and the same mind confined in the individual. The perpetual process of reconciliation is being carried on in our science, philosophy, in our ethics. In any case, if there be any Truth absolutely unrelated to humanity then for us it is absolutely non-existing.It is not difficult to imagine a mind to which the sequence of things happens not in space but only in time like the sequence of notes in music. For such a mind such conception of reality is akin to the musical reality in which Pythagorean geometry can have no meaning. There is the reality of paper, infinitely different from the reality of literature. For the kind of mind possessed by the moth which eats that paper literature is absolutely non-existent, yet for Man’s mind literature has a greater value of Truth than the paper itself. In a similar manner if there be some Truth which has no sensuous or rational relation to the human mind, it will ever remain as nothing so long as we remain human beings.
EINSTEIN: Then I am more religious than you are!
TAGORE: My religion is in the reconciliation of the Super-personal Man, the universal human spirit, in my own individual being.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9790
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31
Contact:

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby A_Gupta » 25 Oct 2015 00:00

Koenraad Elst:
http://koenraadelst.blogspot.com/2015/1 ... hapar.html
There are plenty of Hindus with very backward attitudes and beliefs. That is partly the revenge of a deliberate choice made long ago by Guru Golwalkar. He had a very anti-intellectual prejudice (“do you need to read a book to love your mother?”), which became official policy of the RSS, and as they never listen to feedback, that has remained effective till today. Just watch how Hindutva spokesmen perform in TV debates: their communication skills are dismal, because they have always despised intellectual work, both in scholarship and on the media front.

prahaar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2777
Joined: 15 Oct 2005 04:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby prahaar » 25 Oct 2015 03:08

Although Chetan Bhagat was pilloried for a certain description of IH, apparently this thought is spread much further and deeper. When I once asked an RSS pracharak, why does RSS not put its best foot forward to beat down false allegations (ex. in MSM TV debates), his reply was that they do not think it is important. Not because putting their side is not deemed important but the expectation of such forums delivering any level of fairness is absent. I do not know if this is correct approach, but probably due to coming up in a very hostile environment, such attitude has developed.

Can someone who understood the above commentary please explain, what is meant by backward tendencies?

RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RajeshA » 26 Oct 2015 16:49

Tavleen Singh ‏@tavleen_singh
There is the sanatan dharma and it is a magnificent idea. And there is Hindutva which is just religious hatred and ugliness.


Response:
Rama: Nov29,12240BCE ‏@DharmicFundoo
#Hindutva is simply the immune system of #BharatMa #BharatiyaSabhyata #BharatiyaSanskriti & #Dharma

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9790
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31
Contact:

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby A_Gupta » 26 Oct 2015 17:09

One thing I think Bharatiyas have take as a new mission. The past victims of the attacks on India are nameless and uncounted, so much so that people sometimes even deny that such attacks happened. While we all hope that fewer and fewer fall, there will be more. Not one of them should be forgotten. Who they were should be preserved in indelible records even when living memory of them has faded.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8599
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby UlanBatori » 26 Oct 2015 23:57

No comment from me, but hope to read comments:

http://www.indiaresists.com/if-we-do-not-stem-the-rot-now-it-might-be-too-late-admiral-ramdas-open-letter-to-pm-modi/

Honourable President and Honourable Prime Minister,
It is with a heavy heart, that I write this open letter to you at a time when our beloved country and people are facing severe challenges and threats to our shared heritage.
I have served in the Armed Forces of India – joining soon after Independence as a 14 year old, to end up 45 years later Chief] of the Indian Navy [1990 to 1993] I have witnessed many transitions in India – from the horrors of partition in 1947 to the very different world of digital connectivity that we see today.
I also write to you as one who was brought up in the Hindu faith. However, the Hinduism I knew and experienced was gentle, inclusive, and filled with extraordinary diversity. My religion taught me values of love and respect for all beings. My brand of Hinduism was not filled with the kind of violence, intolerance represented by the current brand of “Hindutva” that seems to be fanning the flames of division and fear across the country.
Today, as a veteran in my eighties, I am forced to hang my head in shame as I witness a series of incidents and assaults on our fellow citizens, especially minorities and dalits. Our armed forces which I have had the honour to serve for 45 years, have been an exemplar of India’s secular ethos. Be it in ships and submarines, or in planes and battle formations, we do not discriminate on the basis of caste or religion – we train, we fight, we live, we eat and we die together.
So why are we bearing witness to increasing attacks on minorities across the country, ever since the present government came to power in May 2014? It appears that certain communities are being singled out for special attention – for instance Muslims . Today a Muslim has to prove his or her loyalty, and they are being repeatedly put in a situation where their places of worship are under attack, as indeed their eating habits, and other basic freedoms. The instances of completely unacceptable and unilateral mob behaviour leading to many deaths as well as direct insinuations being made by senior leaders, are too numerous and well known to be repeated.
There seems to be a systematic and well orchestrated attempt to impose a majoritarian single point agenda of creating a Hindu Rashtra in India – led by the RSS and their network of groups, which is disturbing to say the least. This in turn has resulted in a dangerous pattern of mob behaviour including intimidating and lynching people merely on the basis of rumours – in total disregard for the established rule of law. In many cases those responsible for implementing the law, have themselves displayed blatant partisan tendencies and behaviour.
Most shocking of all is the fact there has been no unambiguous condemnation of such actions and behaviour by those at the helm of affairs in the country. Sadly, time and time again, the response of the government seems to indicate an almost studied, but certainly not benign, indifference . The co-ordinated response of those in government seems to be to downplay the serious and vicious nature of these allegations and attacks – by terming them ‘sad’ and ‘unfortunate’ – whereas there should be outrage and a demonstrated will to ensure that this society will not tolerate such behaviour. That there are MPs, Cabinet ministers and elected Chief Ministers who are in the forefront of these comments and actions, leads one to believe that the ruling party and its satellite organisations are working to a plan.
I do not need to point out to the top leadership today, that this is playing with fire in a nation where minorities – especially Muslims and Christians, as also dalits and adivasis, are already feeling discriminated and marginalised. Instead of treating this amazing diversity as our strength, today we are being seen by the international community as increasingly insular, parochial, intolerant, racist and even fascist. The violence visited upon vulnerable sections reinforces the image of India as an imperfect democracy where all forms of dissent are discouraged and human rights trampled upon with impunity.
The Prime Minister and his ministers in the government are sworn in by the President of India, and they take an oath pledging to uphold the Indian Constitution. Their failure to do so, as evidenced in the foregoing, is a serious matter and does not augur well either for national security or national integrity. The Central and State Governments must act swiftly, unequivocally condemn all such incidents and ensure that justice will be done and the guilty are punished. Such action alone will have a salutary deterrent effect on all those, be they fringe or mainstream, who are speaking and acting in many voices that are totally against and inimical to, our traditional ethos and the syncretic culture of our country and its people.
India represents a unique blend of peoples and cultures which have evolved over 5000 plus years in a constantly changing and dynamic process. This diversity and unique nature of our society and people can probably never be replicated anywhere on this earth – and for this reason alone, the concept of a single religious identity or mono culture represents an insult to this ancient civilisational heritage.
Honourable Mr President, Honourable Mr Prime Minister, you have both sworn to honour the right of every single citizen to freedom of speech, worship, association as brilliantly articulated in the Indian Constitution. As a former serviceman and a veteran, like you, I too have promised to uphold the same constitution. It is our bounden duty that the elected Government of this nation must honour the rights of every citizen of this land as amply spelled out in the Preamble of the Constitution and further elaborated in the Directive Principles of state policy. As Supreme Commander and the Chief Executive – this is what you must ensure and implement by all the powers vested in you by the people of India.
If we do not stem the rot now – it might be too late. Indeed we the people of India look to you to take all steps necessary to restore faith in our democracy and in the promise of bringing dignity, fraternity and equality to each of our citizens.
Admiral L. Ramdas

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8599
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Oct 2015 00:02

From Wikipedia
Laxminarayan Ramdas
Ramdas was trained as a communication specialist in the Royal Naval Staff College in the United Kingdom. He then went on to head in the Naval Academy in Kochi, Kerala. One of his major accomplishments was the reconnaissance and interdiction of enemy vessels and bombing of East Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. Among the awards he won during his time in the Indian were: Vir Chakra, Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and the Vishisht Seva Medal.[2] He is also a keen sports person, enjoying cricket, golf and quite naturally yachting. For his efforts in trying to demilitarise and denuclearize South Asia, he was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay award for peace in 2004. He was against establishment of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant in Tamil Nadu by congress government which was being established without popular support [3]

Retirement

After retirement, Ramdas took up residence near the beach city of Alibag, Maharashtra. He was part of the group which filed a PIL in the Supreme Court of India against the appointment of the then Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh for the post of Chief of Army Staff.[4]

Personal life

Ramdas is married to Lalita Ramdas, who has served as the chair of Greenpeace International.[5] Their daughter, Kavita Ramdas is the country representative of the Ford Foundation in India.
References

"Official website of Aam Aadmi Party". Retrieved 31 March 2015.
"Admiral Laxminarayan Ramdas PVSM, AVSM, VrC, VSM, ADC". Indian Navy Information Resource and Facilitation Centre. February 21, 2005. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
"Citation for Laxminarayan Ramdas and Ibn Abdur Rehman". Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation. August 31, 2004. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
"Retired navy chief Admiral L. Ramdas challenges 'next' army chief".
"WANMEC-Women Peacemakers by Name". Retrieved 25 October 2015.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8599
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Oct 2015 00:08

Speaking of Open Letters...

AAP’s rift wide in open; veteran leader writes open letter to Kejriwal, others

New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) veteran Admiral Ramdoss has shot off a letter to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, party leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan expressing his anguish over decisions are being taken in haste.

In an open letter released here on Sunday, Admiral Ramdoss also said that party’s ‘internal’ decisions taken at the Political Affair Committee (PAC) and National Executive are leaked by leaders in media.

“Manner in which decisions were taken at the Delhi National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in June 2014 be it on expanding the PAC or inviting new members onto the NEC, such important decisions need far more rigorous methods and processes and not the hurried,” the letter reads.

“Frankly I have been aghast the way meeting’s decisions are leaked within minutes. Also conversations are recorded and uploaded, and sting operations conducted with little or no accountability. Every email and letter I have sent out seems to become common knowledge and often has found its way to the media!,” it further reads.

82-year-old Ramdoss also asked party to give thrust on women leadership to take it to new heights.

“I personally find it difficult to defend AAP against accusations of being mainly a ‘Boys Club’ especially when we were not able to have even one woman in our team of Ministers!” it further reads.

Ramdoss alleged that that there are ‘two camps’ and there is inner conflict within the party line.

Meanwhile, party leader Prof Anand Kumar ruled out any differences between bigwigs of party saying ‘it is absolutely irrelevant way of looking at it’.

“Prashant Bhushan is a person without whom we cannot have the party. There is the responsibility and the consideration that how to meet the expectation of the people. All out wildest expectations have been fulfilled. There is no war; there is only diversity of perception. Admiral Ramdoss was our moral compass during Vidhan Sabha elections, there were certain grey areas. His letter was for all of us to be on grass. There is no controversy. Yogendra ji is also a person without we cannot think of our party. It’s just the anxiety that how to handle such big responsibility as two people are less to handle this,” he said.

On Thursday, party’s national executive met in Delhi. Sources said that there was a heated exchange between a section of the national executive and senior leader Yogendra Yadav. The conversation got heated up with Yadav's role in the run-up to the Delhi elections coming under criticism.'

Kejriwal did not attend the meeting and had instead offered his resignation, which was rejected by the National Executive.

National Executive member Ilyas Azmi confirmed that Kejriwal had tendered his resignation as national convener on Thursday morning but it was unanimously rejected.

Leaders also said that there has been lack of trust between Yadav and a section of the senior leadership ever since he wrote a letter questioning Kejriwal’s methods and the democracy within the party.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8599
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Oct 2015 00:10

BTW, the above Open Letter was sent March 15, 2015. Here is the Aam Aadmi Party's vaunted respect for dissent etc, in action March 29, 2015: Remember, he was their "LokPal", no less.

New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party, at an "emergency" National Executive meeting in New Delhi, today removed Admiral Ramdas, a former Chief of Naval Staff, as internal Lokpal and set uo a new Lokpal panel, comprising former IPS officers N Dilip Kumar and Rakesh Sinha besides educationist SP Verma.

Following is the full text of the statement that has been issued by Admiral Ramdas:

Statement by Admiral L. Ramdas
March 29, 2015
New Delhi, India

It is with great surprise and sadness that I heard today from a reporter that the Aam Aadmi Party no longer requires my services as it's internal Lokpal. Various media reports have subsequently confirmed this news. I am disappointed that the leadership of the party did not accord me the courtesy of informing me first before making this decision public. I still await their phone-call.

I am surprised because less than two weeks ago the party publicly reaffirmed its confidence in me. At no point in my tenure did the party express to me any dissatisfaction with my service. Neither did its leaders question my neutrality or my objectivity in this position. As recently as January 2015, I was asked to investigate complaints against potential electoral candidates. I took it as a sign of the party's confidence in me when on February 15th, at an informal meeting at the home of Mr Kejriwal, in the presence of many other senior leaders of the party, including members of the executive committee, I was actually requested to consider serving an additional five years as Lokpal.

I am, however, more sad than surprised. It was with a sense of excitement and hope that I became part of this movement to bring a new kind of politics to India. I believed in the ideals of transparency, accountability and fairness that was encapsulated in the institution of the Lokpal. And, I was honoured to be the first person to serve in this capacity.

I have tried to discharge my duties and responsibilities to the best of my abilities. My two previous letters, one which became public, the other which was intended to be public, reflected my effort to encourage the various leaders of the party to work together to remember the principles on which it was founded and to make sure that the promises made to the electorate - to the people- were fulfilled. Unfortunately I did not succeed in that effort.

I still hope that the party which has fired the imagination and hopes of so many Indians will be able to fulfill its promises of good governance, both internally and externally, in the exercise of political power in its new capacity as the government of Delhi. I wish them well in this endeavour.

Story First Published: March 29, 2015 19:12 IST

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8599
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby UlanBatori » 27 Oct 2015 00:15

The Nationalist View published a note.
Understanding (Retd.) Admiral Ramdas - core team member of Arvind Kejriwal

This letter was written by a concerned citizen - Shri P C Deshmukh after attending session of a "peace group" called Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace & Democracy that is run by (Retd.) Admiral Ramdas.

The purpose of reproducing the letter here is to highlight the kind of forces who shape / control Arvind Kejriwal. (Retd.) Admiral Ramdas's wife, Kavita N. Ramdas serves as the representative for the foundation's office in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, where she oversees all of our grant making in the region. She is also on the advisory team of Aam Aadmi Party.


===============================================================


OPEN LETTER TO ADMIRAL RAMDAS
By Mr.Deshmukh 17/04/2003 At 16:59


Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace & Democracy
-----------------------------
OPEN LETTER TO ADMIRAL RAMDAS
-----------------------------
Chairperson, Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace & Democracy
and Retd. Chief of Indian Naval Staff
----------------------------------
To: lramdas@vsnl.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Cc: to several Indians and Indian News Media)
----------------------------------------------

Dear Admiral Ramdas:

With you as the Chairperson, the "Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace & Democracy" held its National Convention on April 14 and 15, 2001 at the Center for Human Potential Development, Church of North India, Nagpur. Some delegates referred to this convention as the 5th National Convention, some as 8th. It was a great pleasure for me to attend several important sessions at this Convention.

Admiral Ramdas, you expressed great satisfaction in telling us that in your recent meeting with Pakistan's CEO Gen. Musharruf, he always addressed you as 'Sir', you being 'senior' to him in the Military hierarchy. Your remark that Gen.Musharruf has stated that he will respect a people's verdict on J&K seemed to be aimed at providing legitimacy to the CEO's statement and generate trust in him.

It seemed to me that many speakers, including you, expressed lofty ideals about peace and friendship with Pakistan and made recommendations that were not based on factual information. I therefore prepared a brief two-page 'Summary of Important Facts about the central issue: Jammu and Kashmir' and circulated several copies of the same at your National Convention. You already have a copy of this 'Facts-Sheet', and I am appending the 'facts' below this 'open letter' again for your ready reference.

Many speakers at this convention, including you, suggested - notwithstanding points [a], [b], [c], [d], [f], [j] and [k] in the appended 'Facts-sheet' - that "the people of J&K should decide their future".

Many of you, including you, notwithstanding the point [l] in the 'Facts-sheet', called for
demilitarization and reduction of security forces at the border. This demand made at your forum was peculiarly ironical in the context of the fact that entry passes of participants were checked by not one, but two and sometimes three uniformed security guards of the Church of North India before permitting entry! In recommending demilitarization and reduction of security at the India-Pakistan border, your forum has indeed done a 'one-up' even on Mahatma Gandhi who had supported the military use in J&K to defend the region when Pakistan invaded the region in October 1947.

Interestingly, at your national convention, someone who commented that Pakistan cannot be trusted was shouted down and he was reminded that he has pledged as a member of your forum to 'peace and democracy'. In contrast, many others, you inclusive, - notwithstanding the facts [d], [f], [k] and [l]
openly recommended demilitarization, suspension of honors conferred on brave soldiers (under the pretext that this encourages war and violence), and recommended that the "people of J&K should decide their future" - mindless of the fact that the true original native people of J&K, namely the Kashmiri Hindus are now in exile, replaced by illegal intruders violently upsetting the demography of the region.

While recommending an annulment of India's nuclear capability, someone amongst you pointed out that George Fernandez himself had opposed this four years ago, as if this fact or fiction counters India's defense need today.

Very interestingly, some members of your forum argued that India exercised 'double standards' with regard to Junagadh, Hyderabad and J&K. Obviously, these persons have missed out on salient important facts of History. It was clearly understood that princely kingdoms, which were well into the interior of the 'would-be' Pakistan and India, would make a rationale choice. I am sure you are aware of Hyderabad's geographical location, and so also Junagadh is hundreds of kilometers well inside India's territory. For that
matter, are you aware that the Khan of Kalat (in Pakistan) wanted to accede to India, and India rejected that precisely because that region would be deep inside Pakistan's interior?

Admiral Ramdas, I was taken aback by the remarks that went uncontested by your members that India is holding on to J&K by force and that Indian military is torturing Kashmiri civilians. On the other hand,
nobody amongst your members seemed to be aware or concerned about the fact [d] listed below.

Admiral Ramdas, promoting friendship between the peoples of the two countries is a very noble andgood
idea, and we all support it. Someone told me that you have taken a personal initiative in this matter by marrying your daughter into a Pakistani family, but I have discounted this incident. I request you to
please clarify this.

In any case, while promoting friendship, peace and democracy in the two countries, it certainly does
not help to discount the facts. Admiral Ramdas, while recommending that "the people of J&K should decide their future", members of your Forum, you inclusive, hinted that J&K can have a self-sufficient economy - and in saying this you disregarded the fact [g], listed below, and also disregarded the situation described in [i], listed below.

Admiral Ramdas, we, as a nation, have an obligation to take care of people of our country, even if they are Muslims and happen to live in J&K. They are still our people. We cannot disregard [g] and [i]. We must find what prevents human and material investment in the region. Everybody agrees that Article 370 is a hindrance to human and material investment in J&K. While expressing your concern for the people of J&K, it is surprising that instead of recommending the abrogation of Article 370 to enable investment in the State, you recommended a 'possible azadi' to the region.

When I circulated the 'Facts-sheet', you said that you admitted that the information I circulated was
factual, but to defend your stand you stated that there are 'supplementary facts', which I had ignored. I wrote a note to you asking you to provide me with those 'supplementary facts', and I sent you an email
also requesting you to provide the so-called 'supplementary-facts'. I assume that you may be very busy holding similar meetings and promoting 'peace and democracy' and recommending 'demilitarization and
plebiscite in J&K', but I am still awaiting your reply.

Admiral Ramdas, may I request you one more time to please provide these 'supplementary facts' that you have in mind that would justify the observations and recommendations made at your national convention that
(a) Indian military commits atrocities in J&K and is holding on to J&K by force
(b) A judicious solution would emerge by asking the present (demographically irrational) people of J&K to decide their future and
(c) Security at the India-Pakistan border should be reduced?

With warm regards,
Yours sincerely,
P.C.Deshmukh

ATTACHED BELOW: 'Facts-Sheet about J&K'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Important Facts about the central issue: Jammu and Kashmir'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Circulated at the National Convention of the "Pakistan-India People's Forum on Peace and Democracy"
held at the Center for Human Potential Development, The Church of North India, Nagpur on April 14 & 15, 2001}

[a] Gulam Md. Sadiq, deputed by Sheikh Abdullah (National Conference) made two visits to Karachi
immediately after independence to seek Pakistan's' approval on plebiscite. Jinnah declared that "Sheikh
Abdullah must close his shop" and did not give his consent to the plebiscite unless the National
Conference would guarentee that its outcome would be J&K's accession to Pakistan. The National Conference rejected Pakistan's expectations ('Dawn', Karachi, Nov.17, 1947).

[b] There are two resolutions of the UNCIP (United Nations Commission of India and Pakistan) dated
respectively Aug.13, 1948 and Jan.5, 1949. Whereas the first resolution permits for the "future status" of the State of J&K to be determined by a plebiscite [allowing three possibilities - (1) accession to India or (2) accession to Pakistan or (3) remain independent], as demanded by Pakistan, the second resolution provided supplementary clauses and allowed only for the first two possibilities. The clause related to J&K's independence was dropped from the UN resolutions.

[c] Both the resolutions of the United Nations Commission of India and Pakistan (UNCIP) categorically and explicitly require, as a PRECONDITION to any consideration of the 'plebiscite', the complete withdrawal by Pakistan of all persons who have illegally entered the State of J&K.

[d] 14 eminent Muslims (including Ex-President Dr.Zakir Hussain) deplored the aggression by Pakistan on J&K in October 1947 and they lamented that Pakistani intruders committed atrocities on Kashmiris and dishonored Muslim women. In a letter dated Aug.14, 1951 to the UN representative Dr.Graham, they said: "It is a strange commentary on political beliefs that the same Muslims of Pakistan who (would) like the Muslims of Kashmir join them invaded the State (of J&K) in October 1947, killing and plundering Muslims in the State and dishonoring Muslim women, all in the interest of what they described as liberation of the State.

[e] The UN withdrew in 1964 from active negotiations on J&K and "recommended bilateral talks stating that an agreement cannot be imposed from outside" [US State Dept. Publication 7943, released Feb. 1966, pp.63-70].

[f] The 'WILL OF THE PEOPLE OF J&K' has already been expressed - adult franchise was conducted in J&K on Feb.6, 1954, which elected the J&K's constituent assembly. Reporters and Observers from All Over the World reported this election as 'Free' and 'Fair'. This assembly confirmed the Accession of J&K to India and enshrined this as a NON-AMENDABLE part of the SECULAR Constitution of the J&K State by stating that 'The State of J&K is and shall be an integral part of the Union of India'

[g] The J&K State's revenue must increase by a whopping 280% at a rate enormously higher than that
for any other state and only to bring its ratio of 'gross fiscal deficit' to 'own revenue' to 49%. The State's fiscal deficit is Rs.10.4 billion, more than 1.6 times its self-generated revenue
[ http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/dec/05arvind.htm]

[h] Narcotics money is involved as a major factor. Recently, 11 tons of Hashish was sold to arm terrorism
in J&K [PTI report - http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/oct/26jk.htm]

[i] Internationally acclaimed observer Robert Kaplan writes in his article 'The Lawless Frontier' (in 'The
Atlantic Monthly', Sept.2000) that "…the fighting in Kashmir obscures the core issue institutional
meltdown of Pakistan…that makes Pakistan so fragile…"

There are strong centrifugal forces in Pakistan and in PoK. Chairman of the Gilgit-BaltistanThinkers' Forum,
Wajahat Hassan, states (Times of India, Sept.11,2000): "Pakistani rule cannot be spread over Gilgit and
Baltistan". The Sindh province of Pakistan has now sought autonomy (Times of India, Sept. 20, 2000). Pakistani Muslim leaders, hurt by the dominance by the Punjabi-Pakistani-Muslims at the cost of the Mohajirs, Sindh, Baluchi, Pakhtoon people, have started calling the partition of 1947 a big blunder (Times of India, Sept. 19, 2000).

The important question for India is that the centrifugal activity in the Pakistani terrain being strong, can India afford NOT to consolidate the integration of J&K in the Indian Union. A point to consider is the vested interest of China which would exploit the centrifugal activity to its own advantage at the cost of both Pakistan and India (and also at the cost of the west's interest), creating turmoil in the Himalayan belt right across from Pakistan's territory bordering Afghanistan right up to the North-East region.

[j] The 'Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace and Democracy' needs to examine if Pakistan, which has
NOT had a successful democracy for any more than a few of its 53 years of existence, can be trusted on the issue of plebiscite. Gen. Pervez Musharruf has himself overthrown a democratically elected Government, promising elections within a year of the take-over, which are yet to be held.

[k] The democratically elected Indian Parliament's resolution of Feb.22, 1994 is still in force. This
parliamentary resolution, made on behalf of the people of India declared that:
(i) The State of Jammu & Kashmir has been, is and shall be an integral part of India and any attempts to
separate it from the rest of the country will be resisted by all necessary means;
(ii) India has the will and capacity to firmly counter all designs against its unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity; and this resolution further demanded that
(iii) Pakistan must vacate the areas of the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir, which they have occupied through aggression; and resolved that -
(iv) all attempts to interfere in the internal affairs of India will be met resolutely."

[l] B.Raman, Former Additional Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat, has recently pointed out: The Lashakar-e-Toiba, Jaisha-e-Mohammad and the Army of Islam have declared that their agenda does not end with Kashmir….any success in Kashmir is only toward making Kashmir the gateway to their larger agenda of creating two Islamic nations in India….There were nine times as many acts of terrorism in J&K as in the rest of the world ….. The arms and ammunition recovered from the terrorists - formally supplied by Pakistan - would have been sufficient to equip at least one conventional Army Division."

Email:: pcdeshmukh@yahoo.com
December 30, 2013 at 9:04am · Custom

rgosain
BRFite
Posts: 299
Joined: 10 Jan 2003 12:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby rgosain » 27 Oct 2015 00:18

UB, thanks for the above as reading about the good Admiral is like playing bulls..t bingo with a blindfold
Ford foundation (tick)
Magasasy (yes)
Activist (yes)
NGO(yes)
Secularist (hooray)
Intellectual (yep)
AAP (right on)
Greenpeace (bingo)

A network analysis would map between 60 and 300 of these people rather easily, all of whom have the bingo characteristics

RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RajeshA » 07 Nov 2015 18:00

On the Occasion of #MarchForIndia, here is one to #IndiaIsTolerant :wink:


Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20336
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Prem » 24 Nov 2015 09:06


Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20336
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Prem » 07 Dec 2015 08:36

http://swarajyamag.com/culture/a-religi ... alse-gods/
A Religion With No False Gods

Being Hindu is the journey of a common Hindu, an attempt to understand why for so many Hindus their faith is one of the most powerful arguments for plurality, for unity in diversity and even more than the omnipresent power of God, the sublime courage and conviction of man. An extract.For a moment, think about this. In the history of theology, one question reigns supreme amid the bloodshed – which is the one true god?But what if the Hindu point of view was better understood in our world? What if the fundamental premise of Vedanta philosophy seeped in our ethics? What if the very heart of the Hindu argument was better understood?And what is that core?The Hindu, fundamentally, believes that there is no one true god. There is therefore no false god. Naturally if you don’t have one true god, it is tough to have a false godAnd if you don’t have a one true god or a false god, then, there are no unbelievers. For an unbeliever to exist there must be a static, defined idea of what the manifestation of the Almighty looks like – in its absence, it is very difficult to point fingers at the heretic. Without the finality of the messenger of god – and his words being the final message – how can there be an unchanging idea of the infidel?Those then are the main questions Hinduism answers with certitude. It says that every manifestation (indeed messenger) of the Almighty has not equal validity to propagate their version of the divine truth. In a sense, the Hinduism argument is the opposite of the monotheistic faiths. It says every messenger (or prophet) is to be held true until proved false.The Hindu path has no infidels, nor false gods. There are, it declares, as Vivekananda famously did, no sinners. In this, it takes a position diametrically opposite, for instance, to Christianity. In Hinduism, there are no souls to save. And no original sin that man is born with.In fact Hinduism argues the other most audacious extreme. It says – again to quote Vivekananda – each soul is potentially divine. As always we must now ask what does that mean, how does it change my life (or yours) by the knowledge that each soul is potentially divine?

RajeshA
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15996
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RajeshA » 17 Dec 2015 14:51

#Islamophobia definition:
An ideology of hatred only towards an ideology of general hatred

or rather

An ideology of peaceful hatred towards an ideology of violent hatred

Tweet


If somebody throws Islamophobia at you, throw its definition back at them!

aditya
BRFite
Posts: 144
Joined: 18 Dec 2005 03:15
Location: Sub-sector Jingopura

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby aditya » 22 Jan 2016 11:59

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/colum ... 160120.htm

In general, this is the problem Malhotra is attempting to address in his book: Who has adhikara (authority)? As of now, the American Orientalists are attempting to -- with, alas, considerable success -- take on that mantle. Hindus are unable to fend off their claims, partly, as Malhotra explains, they fall into several categories:

Traditionalists who do not understand the mala fide intentions or the jargon of the American Orientalists and are therefore unable to do a purva-paksha (analysing their arguments prior to debate);
Genuine scholars who are so enmeshed in the Western system that they find it hard to take a stand;
Sepoys who are happy with the crumbs that they can get;
Committed Leftists who are delighted to collaborate in the 'breaking-India' project; and finally
Well-meaning Indians, including tech billionaires, who, while wanting to support Sanskrit, end up being hoodwinked into supporting these very same malign American Orientalists.


Transposing the above beyond the confines of pure academia:

- Well-funded Western academics dominate the discourse, peddle horse-droppings in slick packaging with specious labels claiming to be "100% Universal".

- "Seculars" support anything peddled by the previous group. No elaboration needed.

- Outraged Bharatiyas intuitively understand things at a practical level but are unable to articulate ideas cogently as a result of being disadvantaged by language, lexicon and moorings that are not Western. This often results in emotional outbursts and ill-considered statements that simply come across as unhinged.

- Fence-sitting Bharatiyas watch the outraged group's outbursts, defensiveness and excesses in order to dismiss them without further thought. The fence-sitters are often easygoing, reasonable and well-intentioned but due to a lack of grounding in their own traditions besides other pressing priorities, they are prone to being "over-opinionated" and "under-informed" (to use Rajiv Malhotra's words) on Indic issues, unduly sceptical of Indic sources and institutions, while at the same time uncritically accepting of the narrative peddled by those dominating the discourse who have institutionalized the art of providing the veneer of pseudo-academic respectability to the unsubstantiated and unreasonable.

- Then there are knowledgeable Bharatiyas who are equipped to fight the Euro-centric discourse, but this lot tends to become self-absorbed and its members tend to be dismissive of others and think of themselves as superior, thereby rubbing many of their supporters - including the fence-sitters and outraged Indics - the wrong way.

parsuram
BRFite
Posts: 366
Joined: 31 May 2002 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby parsuram » 25 Jan 2016 10:42

This is a particularly apt forum where I should make my much delayed return to BRF. It's been almost four years (I think ) since I posted last and I'm glad that BR has long memories that still include me. The reason this particular forum is an ideal point of reentery for me is that my last discussions with BR gurus concerned a document I was in the fprocess of creating - A Manifest Destiny for India that is Hindustan. Names bequeathed to us by the "others", not chosen by us, but that is a characteristic of all the "olden ones" - such as the Jews. That document has been ready for some years now, and I would like to post it here. I had envisioned a short one page or shorter document, but by the time I got done the rationale, a short world history etcetera etcetera, I got to over 3,100 words. So. What I have now - "India's Manifest Destiny - a discourse " does have a 3 paragraph statement on the last page which qualifies as what I intended. What I would like to know is whether I should post the entire document here, or whether I should post it separately as an essay on which people can comment on this forum. Waiting for input from BRF gurus and elders. It's good to be back.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 15944
Joined: 11 Apr 2007 09:22

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby SwamyG » 30 Jan 2016 08:23

Watch Roddam and Mohandas - outstanding to the core.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6850
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby JE Menon » 31 Jan 2016 17:49

Parsuram,

Welcome back. Upload a link to your PDF, and start a thread on it if you wish, so interested parties can comment, observe, etc.

Regds
Jai

Vriksh
BRFite
Posts: 406
Joined: 27 Apr 2003 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Vriksh » 05 Feb 2016 11:16

Met Rajiv Malhotra a few days ago. The Man has a vision and is curt to people since he has no time to reexplain what has been explained in his books. He made one statement that was telling: In the 200 years of British Rule in India the British fought with Indian soldiers/sepoys and raised many many garrisons, in the same 200 years of Colonial rule in China the British could not raise even a single regiment of Chinese sepoys. The Chinese would not fight under an external command where as Indians were more than willing to kill other Indians under a non Indian leadership. The question was what lead to this difference in Civilizational values. Why has India not able to build Civilizational trust across our history.

There is a lot of work that we as a civilization have to do to reclaim our heritage and history. RM was giving a talk which was then followed up by audience Q&A where what was disappointing was the lack of pointedness in the questions. Most of people gave some some general rambling statements and feelings. RM spent a lot of time trying to decipher what question was being asked. Sure enough the Afro Dalit project was mentioned and some one tried to high jack Q&A by claiming victimhood etc.

In a closed group discussion he mentioned that he was disappointed at the rate of progress in correcting Thaparite secularitis from Indian text books. Also he was of the opinion that the current NDA dispensation prefers keeping its own spokesmen in media spotlights rather than invite people like him to provide an outside input from the Hindu viewpoint, this may need to change.

More disconcerting is a growing realization that almost all information platforms reaching the Indian public are externally controlled: Google, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon which like it or not have the ability to shape public opinion Inside and outside India in subtle but powerful ways. China on the other hand has created/nurtured its own equivalents of its USA counterparts which enables them to at the very least shape its internal public opinion in its own way. If we do not create our own Indian owned and Indian controlled Information platforms we are likely to become victims of a yet another colonization.
Last edited by Vriksh on 05 Feb 2016 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

RoyG
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4956
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 05:10

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby RoyG » 05 Feb 2016 11:23

Vriksh,

An indigenous social media ecosystem requires 4 ingredients:

Link Language
Strong Institutions
Tech
Competitive University System (Research cluster)

We fail on all points.

Vriksh
BRFite
Posts: 406
Joined: 27 Apr 2003 11:31

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Vriksh » 05 Feb 2016 11:37

Parashuram... Welcome back. Please post here OR if you are comfortable as an anonymously commentable google doc so that people can potentially contribute their thoughts

Prem
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20336
Joined: 01 Jul 1999 11:31
Location: Weighing and Waiting 8T Yconomy

Re: The Bharatiya - Identity, Vision, Agenda, Proposition

Postby Prem » 08 Feb 2016 10:07

3102 Bc , the departure date of Lord Krishna. Treta starts in 2082.




Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Falijee and 34 guests