Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: Bomb explosion in Boston

Post by Vayutuvan »

Garooda wrote:Unfortunately many trust/believe/worship the MSM blindly which is the political arm of the parties they represent.
Ironically those who don't trust American MSM trust BBC.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

One (or a few) thing(s) to note -

The Times-square bomber Pkistan-born Faisal Shahzad, was a resident of Bridgeport, Connecticut. His bomb in the car had Pressure cooker filled with thicket of wires and nails..
Other people arrested who helped him were Pakistanis from Boston area - Including a Cab drive in Boston ( Pir Kahn), gas station attendant Aftab Ali Khan (Brookline, Boston suburb), Aftab Ali Khan's Aftab Ali Khan. and Mohammad Shafiq Rahman (Places where Shahzad lived/assembled bombs etc) were also from Boston suburbs...

One thing I did not know before, but came to know later that Shahzad (his ties to Pakistan were, completely exposed in trial - he got money to assemble bombs etc. money courier who helped funnel cash to Shahzad was identified etc...) that Shahzad was on a U.S. government travel-lookout list since 1999, because he had brought large amounts of cash (~80,000)..into the U.S. between January 1999 and April 2008.[..(This did not prevent him to get US citizenship in 2009... nor did this fact was known to FBI, NY police before he was arrested when he was fleeing from US and was caught at JFK...

I am sure that FBI is looking at everything because the probability of Pak connection is very high.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AmberG, By the new "PC" stds of the Forum you could get reported for stereo-typing!!!
8)

But dont change it. Please.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Not related to Boston bombing but the Waco one..some eerie coincidence. April 19th, 1995 Timothy Mc Veigh who put in 2 tons of Ammonium NItrate onto his truck. His grudge was Reno's shootout orders at the Waco ranch. April 16th, 1947 Texas 2 ships with a 1000 tons of Ammonium Nitrate caught fire and exploded. 576 people were killed, thousands of houses destroyed. It was America's biggest Industrial accident ever. I think India should also look into safeties at their plants and get reviews done. The explosion at Waco was awesome, it registered 2.1 on the richter scale. I am sure there are lessons to be learnt. Anyways hope the injured and suffering at Waco, Bangalore and Boston recover fast.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-explosion-e ... 16225.html
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

By mistake I had posted this in Phone/Gadget thread;-

4chan's latest theory, obviously take this with truckload of salt. But this [url=http://www.thecraft.com/]"Craft International"[url] is real so those guys are definitely from Craft International and they look like they were providing security.

https://images.4chan.org/b/src/1366284427802.jpg
Last edited by anmol on 19 Apr 2013 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

FBI has released the Photos of suspects.

FBI.gov
Last edited by saip on 19 Apr 2013 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

anmol, Please remove the pics and post a link if you want. Too many CTs without any smoke.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Here is the link for the suspect photos.

FBI
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

FBI releases photos of the suspects for ID by the public

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I bet these didnt show up in the crowd sourcing efforts. They probably fled by now.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

They are following each other.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Ok. So not a domestic terror thing then.

Can't see Suspect#1 but #2 looks like he's from TSP
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The one in white cap?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I can tell you that there are teams (probably many ) of engineers in MIT (and certainly many other places) running programs.. if the image exist in Facebook, any social media, or anything which can be searched... these guys will be found within hours..

Facial nonrecognition programs are extremely fast and reliable..
I am personally asking a few experts to start digging,,, The tecnique used in finding balloons
<see link here>

could also be useful.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

They will almost surely be caught in a matter of a day or two. Faisal Shahzad did not put up a fight. These guys might have themselves booby trapped and ready to meet the 72 if their handlers had taught them anything. If caught alive, lots of things will be revealed.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Any news about the detonator? Is it a timer? Does it take 12 seconds to walk from b1 to b2.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

The video seems to be from 15 minutes before the blasts. So they could have split up before placing the bombs. Also, both could have been triggered from the same signal one set to go off 12 seconds later. No. 2 is seen walking west on xxx street (Blitzer said the name but I could not catch it). Nothing about the movement of No. 1. How far is that street from the blast site(s)?
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

India should be alert for similar backpack attacks, particularly if these men are Pakistanis. Every time Pak is 'humiliated' on the international stage, they make themselves feel better by killing Indians.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Suspect #1 in blackbaseball cap does not look caucasian. suspect #2 might look like an ABCD type.

Erin Burnett on CNN is calling them white????? Networks seem to be circumspect in speculating on the ethnicity of the suspects.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

With this incident, AQ has signalled to the west that OBL killing had a mere symbolic value and they are back in the game. This must be a sleeper cell activated....for what purpose????

Is this going to play a role in the negotiations with the Taliban in Qatar???
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

To be honest, they look typical TFTA Pakjabi to me. Would even say Lahori (urbanized Pakjabi) to really go out on a limb.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

These two must be the same buggers who were filmed by the Lord & Taylor cctv across the street while they were actually planting the bomb. Wonder if they will release that video as well. They do look like pakis for sure.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This is despicable and shloud be condemned. Looks like Mainstream Media in their frenzy ignored this civil rights violation. Did NYT cover this?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:

This is despicable and shloud be condemned. Looks like Mainstream Media in their frenzy ignored this civil rights violation. Did NYT cover this?
I am not surprised by this behaviour in Boston. I was there during 9/11 and knew how Sikhs in particular and Indians and others from the region in general were looked at and even manhandled on a few occasions.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ramana wrote:Garooda, Deleted the posts. Report any if you think are objectionable.
ramana just curious. Would these links have been objectionable in America requiring prompt admin clean up?

For example you have in the link below edited out a picture of suspects posted by by Rajiv Lather about which I had an exchange with him
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 0#p1442630

What was the exact need to go an edit all those? Very rarely do we find admins going back and editing objectionable things. This is a new thing.

I suspect that this happens because Americans are more likely to be pursued punished for saying and doing the wrong things online and extra care is required in the case of American news and events. I doubt if the same care is exercised for Indian events when we go about calling people traitors
Last edited by shiv on 19 Apr 2013 05:40, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

NY Post is controlled by the same Aussie dood who controlls Fox News; so one ought to take things with a truck load of salt. CNN, FOX...everybody has been making mistakes. Wikipedia, Google ityadi still do not show parts of J&K as Indian.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shiv, Some of our members objected and reported these posts. As such I deleted them. If anyone recalls those posts speculated on whether someone was involved in the Boston incident or not. And some were stereo-typing whole groups. Incidentally already a couple of incidents, where people were attacked for their ethnicity can be seen right above.

It has nothing to do with any perception that you may or may not have.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Here we go...

US seeks information from Pakistan on list of names
Pakistan's intelligence agency has received two lists of names from U.S. officials seeking information believed to be related to the Boston Marathon bombings, sources in Pakistan have told Fox News.

The names on the lists have not been disclosed but include both Pakistani citizens and dual U.S.-Pakistani nationals, the sources told Fox News. U.S. officials want to know if any of those named had links to militant or religious extremist groups in Pakistan, the sources said.

Pakistani intelligence is also expected to check the names of those who recently traveled to or from Pakistan, along with information on their relatives, friends, and places they may have visited.

"The Americans have shared lists with us, comprising names of some suspects - mostly dual nationals. Now we are probing their links in Pakistan with any group, their recent visits to Pakistan and places they travelled to during their stay here," said a Pakistani intelligence official who requested anonymity.

The official declined to share further information, citing the ongoing investigation.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

TFTA Pakjabis did it !
But Hillary is gone, Kerry is in.
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

If you remember sometime yesterday various news outlets mentioned one of them was seen talking on phone after the bag drop. Which means there are more than 2 people involved.

If you ask me(which you probably shouldn't :mrgreen: ) this is payback for daughter oph Pakistan Aafiya Siddiqui and Hafiz Saeed's bounty. Only it probably wasn't as big as they planned.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Were these guys seen before?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

AFAIK, this is the first time that the FBI has released these pictures
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ramana wrote:Shiv, Some of our members objected and reported these posts. As such I deleted them. If anyone recalls those posts speculated on whether someone was involved in the Boston incident or not. And some were stereo-typing whole groups. Incidentally already a couple of incidents, where people were attacked for their ethnicity can be seen right above.

It has nothing to do with any perception that you may or may not have.
The impression I have is that posts that are libellous or defamatory in America are cleaned up with greater enthusiasm than posts that call Indian citizens or groups traitors. This is an impression I have had for a long time and nothing I have seen yet has removed that impression. After all the person who makes the post should take responsibility. But here an admin is cleaning up on behalf of someone. I have rarely seen that happen before. There is a forum disclaimer isn't there?

I think you should know where I am coming from.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Good for you to have impressions. Usually once an impression is formed it hard to remove. And that colors the vision.
Anyway no matter.
Have to do what one has to do.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, let me ask you this. Assuming one or both of them are TSP scum, and they had ISI input into this, I would think that being a professional terrorist org, ISI would know the existence of CC TVs and lost of people shooting video on their smart phones, so wouldn't have worn some kind of a mask or something? One of them has a goatie, I am sure he has taken it off by now.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ramana wrote: Have to do what one has to do.
I am merely an observer of what people do. Or don't do.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chitragupt is also there.