Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Post by abhijitm »

joygoswami wrote:Bakis protest against the sentencing of their fellow rapists in Bangladesh.
Clicky
Remember those faces. After 2014 they are going to turn up in Kashmir.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

All ju kuffrs .... 'Sustain in death' - That is the pakinglish version of 'zindabad' or better yet 'mrityoma amritamgamay'.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Oppression of minorities in Pakistan” thread.

The month of Ramadan aka Ramazan aka Ramadan which Mohammaddens consider holy was not enough to stave off yet another bout of Green on Green religion inspired sectarian Intra-Mohammadden killings. In the present case, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism are murdered by co-religionists of the Sunni sect ironically in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country that claims it was formed as a “safe haven” for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent:

Gunmen kill two Shiite Muslims in SW Pakistan
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Sustain in death : go to paradise and get your 72 raisins, thus sustain in death onlee.
reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy, I think Pakis are Red necks of "South Asia".
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Fryday on Monday!

Wife, daughter of well-known lawyer killed in Lahore
LAHORE: A wife and daughter of a well-known lawyer Shahid Hassan were shot dead in their residence here on Monday, Geo News reported.
Cheers Image
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

^^^^

Something is kala:
LAHORE: A wife and daughter of a well-known lawyer Shahid Hassan were shot dead in their residence here on Monday, Geo News reported.

According to details, an unknown gunman barged into the residence of lawyer Shahid Hassan and sprayed bullets on his wife, Tahira, 50, and daughter Tehreem, 18. The killer fled scene after executing the attack.

The sister of Tahira who was also present in the house shifted the attacked members of the family with the help of neighbours to Jinnah Hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.

Upon receiving the report, a heavy contingent of police reached the crime site and later moved the bodies for post-mortem. :eek:

I think the gunman was disgruntled hoodlum rejected by the girl.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

There seems to be some truth to the Afiya news. She might be sent to Pakistan to serve rest of her sentence.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

ramana wrote:I think the gunman was disgruntled hoodlum rejected by the girl.
In that case, acid would have sufficed for the paki attacker. I wonder if the lawyer was involved in any political cases?
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

What is the deal with Afia? Either she must be related to some significant RAPE or was into something sinister for the Pakis. I tend to discount that she was some garden variety terrorist who threatened the US soldiers with a gun. Why is the Paki nation's chaddi in a twist for this one person and not for the many terrorists hauled off to Gitmo from Pak?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Anujan wrote:There seems to be some truth to the Afiya news. She might be sent to Pakistan to serve rest of her sentence.
Allah works in mysterious ways,

Hope the return of Aafiya will give more power to Dafaa-e-Pak types and the assorted Islamists as one can expect an orgy of Islamist chesthumping to accompany aafiya's arrival .
Now only if Afridi too is not released this episode will signify a complete victory to the Islamists and Khilafat types of Bakistan vs the Amirkhans and should only result in more good things for Bakistan in the future.

As our good doc used to say "Paa'stan needs more Islam". I sincerely hope the process speeds up with Aafiya's arrival.
Last edited by Lilo on 23 Jul 2013 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

German diplomat harassed by Pinglish speaking journalists. Pure Inbred bakistaniyat in full dijplay. Enjoyyyyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kicky
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

RCase, "threatened the US soldiers with a gun" came much later after her arrest by gola and handing over to the CIA. She was fingered by KSM as arranging financing for Al Qaeda, which is why she was picked up.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

In addition to Pakistani Rice being mixed mitt mice schidt and con Khapra Beetle now also has Arsenic – Akhthoo!

Scientists sound new warning for rising arsenic in rice
The new study says arsenic levels of 200 microgrammes or more per kilo are found in significant percentages of rice grown in China, Bangladesh, Japan, Pakistan and China as well Europe and the United States.
Cheers Image
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

I dont know what the issue is with Afia. Could be because she is a woman. Also maybe it is because of a different reason ....

One of the things you should realize about Pakis is that they are an echo chamber and surprisingly disciplined with their messaging. For example, suddenly for a period of 2-3 months almost everyone in Pakistan was saying "If US does not give Pakistan money, Pakistan will firmly jump to China's camp". This was from PM, President, FM, diplomats, News anchors, "Analysts", News paper columnists --- everyone. It is easy to identify this echo chamber effect because everyone uses the same words. Examples include

1. "Strategic stability in South Asia" -- Which means Pakistan will Nuke India out of insecurity if Pakistan is not given Nuke deal/arms/Money from Unkil. Everyone kept saying "Strategic stability in South Asia" for a few months: Groper, Pakistani FM, Analysts, Columnists, TV talking heads etc.

2. "Good Taliban/Bad Taliban" -- Meaning talk to Afghan taliban and kill Pakistani taliban. Again everyone was parrotting this.

3. "Trust Deficit" -- With the US because US does not give them money

4. "Front line Ally" -- Everyone used these words. Is out of fashion these days.

So the moment some issue gets framed in talking points and everyone in Pakistan starts parrotting it, you can conclude that it is some kind of official position outlined by the agencies. Like Afiya for example. I am reasonably sure it was raked up by ISI/Ashphuck as a shot across Mushy's bow to threaten to expose the CIA bounty earned by him and his minions by handing Pakistanis over to the CIA. In this case, I think it got out of hand -- the Duffer-e-Pakistan types making it their pet cause. Groper even hired lawyers and paid them millions to defend Afiya in court (and she pissed all over the effort by giving a half hour rant about how everyone in the court was a Jew and how they are about to get her -- true story).

In short: Afiya is just a case of messaging run beserk.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

krishnan wrote:http://i.dawn.com/large/2013/07/51e90c24b5b58.jpg
spot the raa agent :mrgreen:
400% it is the kufr yindoo in the right with bandage in his hand. He is trying to play the bansuri (flute) which is a common yindoo practice of those praying to the yindoo god krishna, while the momeen are piously praying.

w/salam
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Anujan wrote:In short: Afiya is just a case of messaging run beserk.
Now the poor Pakistanis are stuck with the message!

100% certain that the ISI sends its minnions with handouts as reminders to all the powers that be on what has to be said on TV. The handouts pro'lly contain the key words in ingliss, so that even through the Pinglish that these people may be spouting, the one clear word would be the 'key word' that the ISI wants the western media / government to pick up.

This Aafia lady, and there are MANY similar ones that I have heard about in the US, who are crazed zealots, and can be often found collecting funds for building mosques or some holy (islamic) cause. They'll even approach kaafirs - since apparently the kaafirs have most of the money in the western countries.

Aafia Siddiqui (is she shia?) was also collecting funds, must have been a bit cuckoo to begin with, but went totally berserk as the indoctrination overwhelmed her brain circuits.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

joygoswami wrote:German diplomat harassed by Pinglish speaking journalists. Pure Inbred bakistaniyat in full dijplay. Enjoyyyyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kicky
"Bhaat ij jour poojeeshan? You tunn? You deerink?"
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Afsaana-e-jasoos with reference to the affections
More than two years later, the Raymond Davis episode has been largely forgotten in the United States. It was immediately overshadowed by the dramatic raid months later that killed Osama bin Laden — consigned to a footnote in the doleful narrative of America’s relationship with Pakistan. But dozens of interviews conducted over several months, with government officials and intelligence officers in Pakistan and in the United States, tell a different story: that the real unraveling of the relationship was set off by the flurry of bullets Davis unleashed on the afternoon of Jan. 27, 2011, and exacerbated by a series of misguided decisions in the days and weeks that followed. In Pakistan, it is the Davis affair, more than the Bin Laden raid, that is still discussed in the country’s crowded bazaars and corridors of power.
Was Davis working for the C.I.A.? Pasha asked. No, he’s not one of ours, Panetta replied. Panetta went on to say that the matter was out of his hands, and that the issue was being handled inside State Department channels. Pasha was furious, and he decided to leave Davis’s fate in the hands of the judges in Lahore. The United States had just lost its chance, he told others, to quickly end the dispute.
Although the C.I.A. didn’t know in advance, hiding inside the house was Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, a man considered to be the Afghan Taliban’s military commander and the second in command to Mullah Muhammad Omar, the leader of the Taliban. Only after suspects in the house were arrested and questioned did the C.I.A. learn that Baradar was among the detainees. The I.S.I. took him to a detention facility in an industrial section of Islamabad and refused the C.I.A. access to him. “At that point, things got really complicated,” one former C.I.A. officer said.

Was the entire episode a setup? Rumors had circulated inside Pakistan that Baradar wanted to cut a deal with the Americans and bring the Taliban to the negotiating table in Afghanistan. Had the I.S.I. somehow engineered the entire arrest, feeding intelligence to the C.I.A. so that Baradar could be taken off the street and the nascent peace talks spoiled? Had the I.S.I. played the C.I.A.? Months later, senior C.I.A. officials at Langley still couldn’t answer those questions. Today, more than three years later, Mullah Baradar remains in Pakistani custody.
By then, though, Munter had decided that the C.I.A.’s strategy wasn’t working, and eventually even high-level officials in the agency began to realize that stonewalling the Pakistanis was only causing the I.S.I. to dig in. After discussions among White House, State Department and C.I.A. officials in Washington, Munter approached General Pasha, the I.S.I. chief, and came clean. Davis was with the C.I.A., he said, and the United States needed to get him out of the country as quickly as possible. Pasha was fuming that Leon Panetta had lied to him, (well well) and he was going to make the Americans squirm by letting Davis sit in jail while he considered — on his own timetable — the best way to resolve the situation.
“If you’re going to send a Jason Bourne character to Pakistan, he should have the skills of a Jason Bourne to get away,” Haqqani shot back, according to one person who attended the meeting.
The drama played out entirely in Urdu, and throughout the proceeding, a baffled Davis sat silently inside the cage. He was even more stunned when I.S.I. operatives whisked him out of the courthouse through a back entrance and pushed him into a waiting car that sped to the Lahore airport.

The move had been choreographed to get Davis out of the country as quickly as possible. American officials, including Munter, were waiting for Davis at the airport, and some began to worry.
The Davis affair led Langley to order dozens of covert officers out of Pakistan in the hope of lowering the temperature in the C.I.A. – I.S.I. relationship. Ambassador Munter issued a public statement shortly after the bizarre court proceeding, saying he was “grateful for the generosity” of the families and expressing regret for the entire incident and the “suffering it caused.”

But the secret deal only fueled the anger in Pakistan, and anti-American protests flared in major cities, including Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore. Demonstrators set tires ablaze, clashed with Pakistani riot police and brandished placards with slogans like “I Am Raymond Davis, Give Me a Break, I Am Just a C.I.A. Hit Man.”
As for Raymond Davis, he tried to settle back into his life in the United States after being flown out of Pakistan. He found work as a firearms instructor, but in the end he couldn’t stay out of trouble. On Oct. 1, 2011, just seven months after his abrupt departure from Pakistan, Davis was eyeing a parking spot in front of a bagel shop in Highlands Ranch, Colo., a suburb of Denver. So was Jeffrey Maes, a 50-year-old minister who was driving with his wife and two young daughters. When Maes beat Davis to the spot, Davis shouted profanities through his open window. Then he jumped out of his car and confronted Maes, telling the minister that he had been waiting for the parking spot.

According to an affidavit given by Maes, he told Davis to “relax and quit being stupid.”

Davis struck Maes in the face, knocking him to the pavement. Maes said in court that when he stood up from the fall, Davis continued to hit him. The minister’s wife, later recalling the episode, said she had never in her life seen a man so full of rage. Just last month, after protracted legal proceedings, Davis pleaded guilty to a charge of third-degree misdemeanor assault and was sentenced to two years of probation. A judge ordered him to pay restitution and attend anger-management classes.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Nandu wrote:RCase, "threatened the US soldiers with a gun" came much later after her arrest by gola and handing over to the CIA. She was fingered by KSM as arranging financing for Al Qaeda, which is why she was picked up.
But still I don't get it as to why the TSP is constantly harping for the release of this one person. There is never any calls for releasing 'cooum ke betas' like KSM and others like him by TSPians. Why this special treatment for 'cooum ki beti' onlee?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

The release of Aafia will be worked out in exchange for the Doctor who helped nab Osama. Aafia would not be having much significance with Americans holding her or Paki ISI as such. It's just that the CT in Shitistan is that she is some innocent and Americans are holding her. So US tries the Keey plank..improving relations (whilst getting some acknowledgement that she indulged in blah blah from the Paki Govt in writing). The US manages to free the Doc and gets positive press..all round a good back thumping deal for ruling junta in both the countries.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Pakistan ka matlab kya?

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Here is a typical RAPE. Salman Taseer's daughter. Wants to Boycott USA -- well not so fast :mrgreen:

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

venug wrote:Sustain in death : go to paradise and get your 72 raisins, thus sustain in death onlee.
we can do dozens of 'you might be a paki..' line

- if you think bulbs can explode in vacuum, you might be a paki
- if you think electricity can be 'removed' from water, you might be a paki

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Electricity can definitely removed from waatur by seducing electricity djinns to come over to this side of border by halaal veena malik and not not exactly halaal zaheeda malik.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

But the real urgency to finish the job began earlier, for a very different reason. Two years ago, India, Pakistan's rival in everything from nuclear weapons to cricket, eliminated polio.

"Nothing wounded our pride as much as that," said Dr Zulfiqar A Bhutta, a vaccine expert at Aga Khan University's medical school. Bill Gates, who is the campaign's largest private donor and calls beating the disease "the big thing I spend the majority of my time on," said Pakistan's desire to not be further humiliated "is our biggest asset."
:rotfl:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/shamed-india-p ... 00308.html
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

^
That's Pakistani mindset right there in those two paragraphs. We should think of creative ways to exploit that weakness of theirs.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

abhijitm wrote:
joygoswami wrote:Bakis protest against the sentencing of their fellow rapists in Bangladesh.
Clicky
Remember those faces. After 2014 they are going to turn up dead in Kashmir.
There. Completed the statement to its logical ending.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Gus wrote:
venug wrote:Sustain in death : go to paradise and get your 72 raisins, thus sustain in death onlee.
we can do dozens of 'you might be a paki..' line

- if you think bulbs can explode in vacuum, you might be a paki
- if you think electricity can be 'removed' from water, you might be a paki

If lying comes naturally to you, you might be a paki.
If you call your first cousin your wife, you might be a paki.
If you like to blame others for your misery, you might be a paki.
If you think your ancestors came on white steeds from the direction of the middle east, you might be a paki.
If you understand and believe every word Zaid Hamid spews on TV, you might be a paki.

This is fun.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

This is destined for the Benis thread. Gas Utility Courts

Electricity worth Rs220 bn lost, Rs90 bn stolen in just one year

Of course, one has to ask how can something be stolen that never existed - "Have you ever seen the electricity (sung to the tune of "Have you ever seen the rain")?
15 billion units of electricity costing over Rs220 billion were lost in the last financial year out of which at least 25-40 percent is considered to be outright theft causing a colossal loss of Rs90 billion
Those who will be involved in gas theft or meter tampering would face huge penalties and the ones who would help nab the people involved in stealing gas would be awarded with two percent of the recovered amount (I've got gas).
The government would, under the proposed ordinance, establish the Gas Utility Courts for recovery of damages of gas. The Gas Utility Courts (or GUTCOs)will be having the powers to extend the punishment of 2-3 years imprisonment with penalty in the range of Rs3 million to Rs10 million.
One prisoner to another:

"What are you in for?"
"Gas!"
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

anupmisra wrote:One prisoner to another:

"What are you in for?"
"Gas!"
:rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Suicide attack on Nawaz Sharif foiled: Pak police - ToI
Pakistani authorities claimed to have foiled a plot to target Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif by busting a terror network planning to launch a suicide attack on his residence in Raiwind on the outskirts of Lahore.

The plot was unearthed by a Joint Investigation Team of police and intelligence officials probing into the abduction of Ali Haider Gilani, son of former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was kidnapped during election campaign in May.

The Express Tribune reported that officials while probing the case of Gilani traced a North Waziristan-based militant group operating in Lahore and plotting to target Sharif at his residence in Raiwind.

An operation conducted in Lahore to break the terror cell led officials to a terrorist group affiliated with Tehreek-e- Taliban Pakistan North Waziristan-based commanders Matiur Rehman and Muhammad Yasin alias Aslam. {Mati-ur-Rehman is the Chief Operational Commander of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ). LeJ's Emir, Akram Lahori, was released from jail in c. 2010 by the jihadi-pasand Punjab High Court after a deal was reportedly struck between LeJ and PML-N. The founder of LeJ, Malik ishaque was also released in c. 2011. These releases were released by SSP (Sipah-e-Sahba Pakistan) when SSP Chief Maulana Muhamad Ahmed Ludhianvi intervened on their behalf with Nawaz Sharif as they stuck a political deal. So, what gave way suddenly ? Probably, LeJ never forgot how Nawaz Sharif ordered the most heroic LeJ jihadist Riaz basra to be ordered arrested by Nawaz Sharif who had been hiding in Kabul after assassinating an Iranian diplomat. Riaz Basra was later eliminated. In retaliation, LeJ tried to kill NS at his Raiwind house in January 1999. Baanu, Miranshah, Tableeghi-Jama'at & LeJ have familiar connection in many attacks especially against the Ahmedis too.}

Both Rehman and Yasin were involved in suicide attacks on former President Pervez Musharraf, former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, Inter Services Investigation Hamza Camp, General Headquarters check post and some other terrorist activities.

Both militants carry Rs 3 million on their heads. The report said the terror group had two sub groups. One of the groups consists of Jaffar, Abdullah, Asad (all based in Bannu and surrounding areas); whereas the other one is linked with North Waziristan/Bannu based outfit operating in Lahore. A suspect, Faheem Meo, a resident of Raiwind, was found as linked with the terrorist group in Lahore.

It emerged that militants were communicating primarily through the PCOs with minimal use of cell phones.

The suspects were conducting the activities from within the premises of the Tableeghi Jamaat headquarters in Raiwind, which made it virtually impossible for the team to track them down. The team stayed in Raiwind for nearly a week and finally apprehended Meo, who disclosed the location of another person linked with Bannu and North Waziristan based militants.

The other terrorist was arrested and identified as Usman alias Saifullah Mehmood Iqbal, resident of Pajiaan, Raiwind. Usman owns land adjacent to the house of Nawaz Sharif.

The team learnt through technical monitoring that the NW-Bannu based terrorist had sent a group of 4-5 suicide bombers to Raiwind.

The team then intercepted 4-5 buses carrying Tableeghi missions from Bannu and arrested four alleged suicide attackers of Miran Shah, North Waziristan. The arms cache which was to be used by the terrorists has not been recovered so far. Therefore, the threat still remains, the paper said.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Govt plans to end load-shedding within next 3 to 4 years : PM
Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif has said that the Government has plans to eliminate the load-shedding within next 3-4 years through a multi- pronged strategy.

Addressing the meeting of the Council of Common Interests in Islamabad on Tuesday‚ he said the strategy includes production of low cost energy‚ tariff restructuring‚ efficient technology‚ transparency and merit based system.

The Prime Minister said low cost energy will be produced by using coal and hydel power for power generation.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Burning each other is zero cost energy
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

This reporter Mark Mazetti is a paki who is a traitor to his own country. He writes as if the bad relations between ISI and CIA are entirely the CIA 's fault, without ever mentioning what ISI did to CIA . There does seem to be a systematic effort to present pakis as victims.

Camp Chapman attack
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Drones not a violation of our sovereignty
If any proof was needed of Pakistan’s consent to drone strikes, it clearly emerges in the Abbottabad Commission report. Nevertheless, Pakistanis still falter at the possibility of their own country allowing the Predator to hover and the Hellfire missiles to destroy. “There were no written agreements [on the drone attacks]. There was a political understanding,” said the report on page 201. This statement validates Pakistan’s — not so tacit — consent to drone strikes. The implications of such evidence are that our country’s argument on drone strikes is based on a false premise: “a violation of our sovereignty”.
My argument on drone strikes in Pakistan is two-pronged. First, the use of drones in this country is legal under IHL because we have allowed another state to use force in our sovereign territory and there is a state of ongoing conflict. I would also argue that force is being used against a ‘shared enemy’. For example, the first reported drone strike in South Waziristan in June 2004 killed Nek Muhammad Wazir, a Pashtun militant, who, according to some, allegedly posed a greater threat to Pakistan.
Both Pakistan and the US need to own the drone campaign and make amends. For Pakistan, the task is more challenging; introspection is never easy, especially for a country with many skeletons in the closet. Nonetheless, Pakistan needs a reset button on its stance on the drone programme.
Cheers Image
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad
ISLAMABAD: Following scores of complaints against a TV advertisement on contraceptives, Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on Tuesday ordered all TV channels to immediately stop its broadcast.

In a letter written to the Pakistan Broadcasters Association (PBA), Pemra pointed out that the advertisement was generally “perceived as indecent, immoral and in sheer disregard to our socio-cultural and religious values.”

“Airing of such immoral advertisement on Pakistani channels and that too in Ramazan warrants serious action,” Pemra spokesperson Fakharuddin Mughal said.

Pemra argued that regardless of public complaints, the content of the advertisement contravenes not just the Pemra Act 2007 but also the constitution of the country.
:mrgreen:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/580810/pemr ... eptive-ad/
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

ManuT wrote:PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad
ISLAMABAD: Following scores of complaints against a TV advertisement on contraceptives, Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on Tuesday ordered all TV channels to immediately stop its broadcast.

In a letter written to the Pakistan Broadcasters Association (PBA), Pemra pointed out that the advertisement was generally “perceived as indecent, immoral and in sheer disregard to our socio-cultural and religious values.”

“Airing of such immoral advertisement on Pakistani channels and that too in Ramazan warrants serious action,” Pemra spokesperson Fakharuddin Mughal said.

Pemra argued that regardless of public complaints, the content of the advertisement contravenes not just the Pemra Act 2007 but also the constitution of the country.

We condom this action by Pemra...
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

^^^

Pemra spokesperson F@#$*&uddin Mughal said.

ManuT wrote:PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad

Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Three officials of Pakistan’s Toronto consulate fired
TORONTO: At least three functionaries, stationed at Pakistan’s Consulate General in Toronto, Canada, have been relieved from their duties with immediate effect, Geo News reported.

A notification to this consequence was issued by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) headquarters Islamabad on Tuesday night.

The fired officials namely Israr Hussain, Samiuddin, and Aziz Khalid Baig were working in the NADRA section of the Consulate. They were appointed there three years back during the tenure of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) led coalition government.

It must be noted that Israr Hussain and Samiuddin are the close relatives of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Altaf Hussain, whereas Aziz Khalid Baig happens to be a kin of former Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief Brigadier (Retd) Imtiaz Ahmed.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Dutch court blocks extradition to US of Dutch-Pakistani terror suspect
Dutch judges blocked the extradition Tuesday of a terror suspect to the United States, saying he was tortured in Pakistan after his 2010 arrest and it is unclear whether American authorities had any involvement.

The Hague Court of Appeal ruling was a significant victory for the man identified only as Sabir K. in his attempts to avoid being sent for trial in America, but Dutch authorities can still launch a final appeal to the country's Supreme Court.