Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Post by jamwal »

wig wrote:curious, that at the baba chamlayal mela held near samba, J&K this year 7 judges overshadow guests in uniform for Ist time at Chamlyal Mela .earlier only officers of pak army/ rangers used to preside
AFAIK, nobody except a few villagers near border care about this kind of 'festival' anymore. By the way, Manhas is a Hindu Rajput name and I find it very surprising that TFTA Pakis are 'celebrating' it. Do you know anything about this ? To be honest, it's the first time I heard of this.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

The Most Dangerous Threat to the World Is ... Collective Psychosis in Pakistan?
It was a country that was created with very little prior discussion {Channeling Rushdie's "insufficiently thought" phrase} and analysis. People forget: There's been an Egypt for 5,000 years; there's been an Iran for centuries -- for millennia. There's been an India for millennia. Pakistan is only 66 years old. So therefore it has, essentially, a lot of psychoses, more than it has actual threats and challenges.

India, for example -- I understand that Pakistanis have a lot of concerns about India. But, as a Pakistani, I look at history. ... Yes, India has never philosophically accepted the idea of Pakistan. But it has never been responsible for initiating any of the wars with Pakistan. Let's be real about that. Afghanistan is too weak and too poor to attack Pakistan. So most of the problems that Pakistan sees itself in are psychological rather than real.
Haqqani believes that Islamabad's generals in particular have played a big role over time in flattering Americans' sense of efficacy in Pakistan -- and seems to believe that U.S. generals have been particularly susceptible to being misled, tending to see Pakistan's military leaders as their apolitical counterparts, rather than "politicians in uniform."
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

H Haqqani has done a 180 turn after his self exile from TSP. I would still be very wary of him.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Ramana - Couldn't have asked for more. It is literally Lahore via Kuwait.

Paki turns down Arap citizenship from Arab Prince and settles down in Lahore to show his will of steel and entrepreneurship.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

MurthyB wrote:The Most Dangerous Threat to the World Is ... Collective Psychosis in Pakistan?
It was a country that was created with very little prior discussion {Channeling Rushdie's "insufficiently thought" phrase} and analysis. People forget: There's been an Egypt for 5,000 years; there's been an Iran for centuries -- for millennia. There's been an India for millennia. Pakistan is only 66 years old. So therefore it has, essentially, a lot of psychoses, more than it has actual threats and challenges.

India, for example -- I understand that Pakistanis have a lot of concerns about India. But, as a Pakistani, I look at history. ... Yes, India has never philosophically accepted the idea of Pakistan. But it has never been responsible for initiating any of the wars with Pakistan. Let's be real about that. Afghanistan is too weak and too poor to attack Pakistan. So most of the problems that Pakistan sees itself in are psychological rather than real.
Haqqani believes that Islamabad's generals in particular have played a big role over time in flattering Americans' sense of efficacy in Pakistan -- and seems to believe that U.S. generals have been particularly susceptible to being misled, tending to see Pakistan's military leaders as their apolitical counterparts, rather than "politicians in uniform."
Here is the core pakiness of the "good Haqqani". Enjoy.

So is there any role at all for the United States in helping realize that potential? Haqqani thinks that there can be, but only if Pakistan assumes the national self-possession to define that role in the right way. "... if America is available to us, we will use it like Korea did or Taiwan did," Haqqani said -- in the notably optimistic future tense. "We are not going to live as an insecure nation, because that insecurity then makes people think, 'Al Qaeda? Well, how can we use them against our enemy, India?' -- instead of considering them the enemy."
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Just asking, in Pakistan: Khaled Ahmed

The c h i n k s in the consensual misdiagnosis of terrorism may be widening.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

We need to bring back the Pakistan Towel Throwing thread. That was a real gem.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, may I kindly request a favor. I have been having genuinely gentlemanly conversations with Uneven past few weeks since the release of his book. I told him lets agree to disagree on "TSP faces threat from India" or "India TSP rivalry" and other disgusting moral equivalence crap. But he does make some insightful points, and thats what I am trying to learn and decipher DC thinking. Also, he told me that he did a detailed interview with Maroof Raza for TimesNow on the end game in AfPak. If anybody sees this, please post a link. I will watch out too.

Anyway, what I need is the link to the news report where Hussein Haqqani makes that veiled threat that if India does not give Kashmir to TSP (or something to that effect), their pigLeTs will attack IT centers in Bangalore etc. Can the gurus point me to that? I think it appeared in the nutty nation if I am not mistaken.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

CRamS wrote:........

Anyway, what I need is the link to the news report where Hussein Haqqani makes that veiled threat that if India does not give Kashmir to TSP (or something to that effect), their pigLeTs will attack IT centers in Bangalore etc. ..........
Interesting, I'd like to see that too.

I'm wondering if there is an equal equal in the future and whether the Pakjabi state did actually set up the Nanga Parbat killings to set the ground for stepped up jihadi attacks in India.

It would be - Oh look evil terrorists killed mountaineers and ruined tourism industry worth thousands of dollars annually. Same evil terrorists are ruining your IT industry worth hundreds of billions of dollars. We are all the same, onlee, give us Kashmir and more money.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

I had once tried to retrieve that article but could not find it. Had only found a reference to it. I think I should start archiving.

Here is that reference -

http://beta.dawn.com/news/674843/haqqan ... ternet-war
“Is it true that Husain Haqqani wrote an article in 2000 asking Lashkar-e-Taiba to attack Bangalore IT Sector?” asked a Twitter follower.

“I only asked what might be the consequences if they did,” Mr Haqqani responded, with a smiling face attached to the response.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

partha wrote:I had once tried to retrieve that article but could not find it. Had only found a reference to it. I think I should start archiving.

Here is that reference -

“Is it true that Husain Haqqani wrote an article in 2000 asking Lashkar-e-Taiba to attack Bangalore IT Sector?” asked a Twitter follower.

“I only asked what might be the consequences if they did,” Mr Haqqani responded, with a smiling face attached to the response.
He is clearly lying through his teeth, and he is a chameleon, because when he wrote that, he knew, as he does now, that LeT cannot make one move without active collusion from GHQ in Rawalpindi. Attacking IT centers in Bangalore is not an easy job, India's under trained, ill equipped, corrupt, incompetent security establishment notwithstanding, it does need TSP state support, and he was part of the TSP state apparatus then. He was basically issuing a veiled threat and hiding behind verbal semantics.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

CRamS - if you know G. Parthasarathy - please connect with him. He'd written about this in one of his articles in the Chandigarh Tribune a long time back.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

partha wrote:I had once tried to retrieve that article but could not find it. Had only found a reference to it. I think I should start archiving.

Here is that reference -

We need to understand what was happening in 2000. Tom Friedman was writing about India and Indian IT sector was gaining international reputation Y2K which was totally against what Pakistan had been working for the last 50 years before that.

Pakistan have tried all kinds of geo political games to keep the name of India, Indians and Hinduism down for much of its existence in the rest of the world. After 2000 this was not possible due to globalisation. Hamid Gul and other have implied to burn Indian IT centers down due to global recognition for India and increasing Indian influence.

This threat is mainly given to the western powers and also to global news media owned by the Yehudis. They are asked not to promote India in their countries and also not give good publicity about India. This constant tug of war between Pak and western press regarding Indian news is hidden for majority of the Indians.
Pak also pays for bad news about India in the western press. Pro west Chinese also join this group against India.

Similarily in 2008 Oct when Indian launched Chandrayaan Moon satellite successfully it received international recognition in Oct 2008 globally. In the next month Mumbai saw the deadliest attack which was covered globally. Then an unknown movie released earlier - Millionaire Slumdog got international publicity (sponsored by the British - But who is behind it?) with an Oscar within 4 mths of the Mumbai Attack.
Last edited by svinayak on 29 Jun 2013 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ajai shukla

Heavily dependent on Pakistan for a smooth withdrawal, US will give it $7 billion worth of leftover kit for a token payment

By Ajai Shukla
Business Standard, 27th Jun 13

Along with the Taliban, Pakistan will be a massive gainer from America’s troop drawdown from Afghanistan by end-2014. A top-level US official, speaking off-the-record, has told Business Standard that Pakistan will get first call on all the American military equipment that costs too much to be transported back to the US.

Washington believes it is obligated to Islamabad for bringing the Taliban to the negotiating table at Qatar, for discussions aimed at reducing violence in Afghanistan, which would smoothen the American troop drawdown this year and the next. Furthermore, Washington relies on Pakistan for overland transit from Afghanistan to Karachi, where heavy equipment is loaded onto cargo vessels bound for the US.

Uzbekistan, which also provides transit routes to the US, had earlier sought to buy the surplus US equipment in Afghanistan. But routing through Uzbekistan, and then over a road and rail network in Central Asia and Russia called the Northern Distribution Network, is 4-5 times more expensive and time consuming than transiting through Pakistan. Washington has now decided conclusively in favour of Pakistan.

An earlier report in The Washington Post had estimated that the US military would leave behind some $7 billion worth of defence equipment, one-fifth of what is deployed in Afghanistan. US military officials tell Business Standard that aircraft, heavy weapons, vehicles and equipment are likely to be repatriated to the US. Much of what Pakistan will benefit from will be ammunition, vehicles, construction material, air-conditioners, etc.

Much more could be left behind if the situation deteriorates; Taliban resistance would determine what could feasibly be transported. Sceptics in New Delhi point out that Pakistan controls the spigot of violence.

It has not been revealed how much Pakistan would pay for the equipment left behind, but US officials say it would be a fraction of the real value. Given that the US is paying billions of dollars each year to build up the Afghan National Army (ANA) and Afghan National Police (ANP), it remains unclear why Washington has not given Kabul the first call on the surplus equipment being left behind.

The cost of repatriation, says Bloomberg News, could be about $7 billion. Danish container giant, Moeller-Maersk A/S, Singapore-based Neptune Orient Lines, and German company, Hapag-Lloyd AG will ship out some 22,000 container-loads of equipment, says US Assistant Secretary of Defence for Logistics, Alan Estevez.

Much of that business would go to Pakistani truck operators in Peshawar and Quetta. Equipment in northern Afghanistan would be transported over the Khyber Pass, through Peshawar to Karachi; while equipment in the south of Afghanistan would cross the Bolan Pass, and then be taken through Quetta to Karachi.

Islamabad has effectively demonstrated to Washington its reliance on Pakistani goodwill. After a US air strike killed 24 Pakistani soldiers at a border post in Nov 2011, Islamabad shut down transit routes till July 2012, forcing the Pentagon into costly dependence on the Northern Distribution Network.

Over the years, Washington has provided Islamabad an approximate $2.5 billion annually in military aid. About half of that is Coalition Support Funds, which reimburses the Pakistan military for counter insurgency operations in the tribal areas along the Afghanistan border. Over the last decade, US media reports have extensively documented that the Pakistan military has been submitting inflated expense reports to claim more money.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

all the sarkari bandits encamped on the TSP highways are going to have a field day going over the bills of lading on each convoy and kitting up on shoes, clothing, tactical gear, tinned food, furniture, durable appliances and carting it off to their villages and camps.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Profuse apologies by an us citizen to all those Indians who will suffer grievously from this action. If it comes to pass it would be a damn shame that woulx make every American hang their head down till amends aremade if at all.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 29 Jun 2013 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Should not India scoop all 155m Shell for Itself?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Singha wrote:ajai shukla

Heavily dependent on Pakistan for a smooth withdrawal, US will give it $7 billion worth of leftover kit for a token payment
This is something we have discussed here for nearly a year now. Exactly the same thing happened in c. 1989 until the Ojhri camp blew up.

Every time Pakistan got a fresh set of armaments from the US, it was emboldened to strike India. This time won't be an exception either because the conditions and causes have not changed since the 1930s. At this point of time, it is an act of war by the US against India more than that of Pakistan. Pakistan's act of war and terrorism will follow.

India must destroy this ammunition dump in Afghanistan itself before Pakistan gets its hand on them.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Indo-TSP Joint Business Council to Meet Today
Hooray ! India will get MNC status !!
The first meeting of the Indo-Pakistan Joint Business Council to be held in Islamabad on June 29 will have on its agenda discussions relating to grant of MFN (most favoured nation) status to India {What is there to discuss ? TSP has to simply grant it. Discussions have long benn held and got over with by early 2012} , import of petrochemicals and petroleum products, the TAPI (Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India) pipeline project, and co-operation in infrastructure and information technology (IT).

In the backdrop of the establishment of a new democratic government in Pakistan, which has sent positive signals for improving relations with India, issues such as enhanced air and rail connectivity, a relaxed visa regime, and the creation of banking channels would also figure in the discussions. It is understood that the meeting will seek to lay down a roadmap for giving a push to economic engagement and further normalise trade relations between the two neighbours.

The issue of Pakistan increasing the list of items that could be traded through the land route, as promised way back in April 2012, will also figure in the talks. At present, 132 items could be traded through the road route at Wagah, and India and the business community from Pakistan are strongly pitching for increasing this limit substantially.
India will concede more and Pakistan will just promise to look into MNC status pleading that the new government has just come into being and it has to review the whole issue. In the interim, it will demand that India implements the liberalized visa, allow banks to open branches, renew cricketing ties etc. In its wisdom, Salman Kurshid and Man Mohan Singh, at the behest of the US-pasand INC High Command, order meeting Pakistan at more then the half-way mark by walking several more miles.

Pakistan knows that this is a sensitive time when the US will twist Indian arms because it needs Pakistan more and India less than ever before.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

This burning IT centres thing is a bit of a bogey. Unlike the early 2000s, Indian IT is no longer centralised or concentrated in a particular area. It is too diverse and IT companies have very well drilled disaster management plans to be seriously affected any longer. Porkis are better off barking up some other tree.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline” thread.

Ed Royce, Chairman of the US Legislature’s House Foreign Relations Committee , "There are seven individuals that need to be brought to justice (for their role in the 26/ 11 attack case)," ………….. "If Pakistan cannot try them, turn them over to international criminal court for crimes against humanity, for what they did in their collusion, in their culpability for what happened,":

'If Pakistan can't try 26/11 jihadis, let ICC take over'
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Prasad wrote:This burning IT centres thing is a bit of a bogey. Unlike the early 2000s, Indian IT is no longer centralised or concentrated in a particular area. It is too diverse and IT companies have very well drilled disaster management plans to be seriously affected any longer. Porkis are better off barking up some other tree.
India's population density and the manner in which clustering has occurred is such that a high level of casualties are given :( which is the key issue (since current GOI gives a fig for all that), which of course is a different thing from actually managing to hurt Indian IT as a sector. In that, I agree with you that its simply too large and with too much manpower, that even a few showpiece attacks can put any serious stop to it.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

That does not mean we can absorb those attacks and keep quiet as usual and heretofore.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

SSridharji, if the current admin is re-elected, we most definitely will "absorb" those attacks and business will continue as well. After all, "we are the same people", "we cannot change geography", "communal forces cannot defeat the forces of peace" and "the resilient people of the IT industry will be brave" etc etc.
In short, one should not have any hopes on the pusillanimous admin of GOI to defend any Indian with certainty. The armed forces, local response teams will be there after the act, but when majority of law & order etc is dedicated towards finding out how to bring down the opposition & keep the current admin in power, preventing an act..well, one can only hope and pray.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Fund negotiations : Pakistan refuses to accept IMF conditions

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to accept any of the conditions offered in the new program by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Express News reported.

Reasons for the refusal were attributed to the harsh nature of the conditions proposed by IMF.
Earlier on Friday, the government had paid $260 million to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as a part of loan repayment.

On Thursday, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar rejected IMF’s demand to levy new taxes worth Rs275 billion as a pre-condition for new program.

The draft containing details of the conditions that IMF asked Pakistan to impose will be given to the finance officials on Sunday.

Cheers Image
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

SSridhar wrote:That does not mean we can absorb those attacks and keep quiet as usual and heretofore.
Unfortunately I concur with Karan on this sir. We will absorb it if we get upa3. That doesn't mean we should.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

ood. it will serve everybody is Pakistan stays within its borders and takes care of its own problems. we all have enough problems within our borders to deal with.

stop sponsoring terrorists again India. Seriously, no one in India (please forgive the loony fringe, that every country and society has, including us), is least interested in merger with, or conquering, or whatever, regarding Pakistan. We Indians simple wish to be left alone.
2 •Reply•Share ›

wadosy Sudeep Kanjilal • 21 hours ago −
you just want to be left alone, which is why you signed onto the lunatic neocon PNAC project...

...so you are cutting your noses off to spite your faces by crippling your access to persian gulf energy by refusing to cooperate with pipeline plans through iran and pakistan

dumb

but you swallowed neocon promises to dismantle pakistan and grab its nukes, didnt you? ...in exchange for cooperating with the neocons' idiocy
1 •Reply•Share ›
In a message board the Pakis are accusing India of working with the neocon. They are full of CT over the future of Pak.
Let them worry about it since they basked under the jihad umbrella for so long
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Peregrine wrote:Fund negotiations : Pakistan refuses to accept IMF conditions

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to accept any of the conditions offered in the new program by the International Monetary Fund (IMF),
Cheers Image
Pakis being the liars that they are - this 400% means that they have meekly accepted the IMF conditions down to the last comma and full stop.
They will just ask that the IMF not go to town with the truth.

Pakistan has NO CHOICE but to grovel in front of the IMF for this loan.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Acharya wrote:
ood. it will serve everybody is Pakistan stays within its borders and takes care of its own problems. we all have enough problems within our borders to deal with.

stop sponsoring terrorists again India. Seriously, no one in India (please forgive the loony fringe, that every country and society has, including us), is least interested in merger with, or conquering, or whatever, regarding Pakistan. We Indians simple wish to be left alone.
2 •Reply•Share ›

wadosy Sudeep Kanjilal • 21 hours ago −
you just want to be left alone, which is why you signed onto the lunatic neocon PNAC project...

...so you are cutting your noses off to spite your faces by crippling your access to persian gulf energy by refusing to cooperate with pipeline plans through iran and pakistan

dumb

but you swallowed neocon promises to dismantle pakistan and grab its nukes, didnt you? ...in exchange for cooperating with the neocons' idiocy
1 •Reply•Share ›
In a message board the Pakis are accusing India of working with the neocon. They are full of CT over the future of Pak.
Let them worry about it since they basked under the jihad umbrella for so long
Acharya Ji :

Please advise Link to the above or the name of Article so that one can understand what all this is about.

Many Thanks in Advance

Cheers Image
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Secret no-fly list blamed for American's Bangkok nightmare
For two weeks, Rehan Motiwala, a 29-year-old medical student from Pomona, sat stranded at the Bangkok airport, sleeping for 10 nights on a roach-infested mattress in a dank, windowless detention room reserved for deportees.

Motiwala, a U.S. citizen, wanted to return to his family in Southern California. But earlier this month, as he traveled from Jakarta, Indonesia, to LAX, airline staff in Bangkok refused to issue him a boarding pass for his connecting flight. U.S. and Thai officials told him that he could not travel but offered no explanation, leading him to believe he'd been placed on the U.S. government's secret no-fly list.

After dozing on benches and wandering the airport terminal for four nights, Motiwala was told that a Justice Department official had arrived from the United States to question him. When he declined to answer questions without a lawyer present, U.S. officials left him in the custody of Thai authorities, who tossed him into a detention center in the bowels of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

"They treat you like an animal," Motiwala said in a phone interview....

Motiwala, whose parents are of Pakistani origin, was not told why he might be on the list. A likely possibility, however, is his contact with Tablighi Jamaat, a conservative Muslim missionary movement based in South Asia.

He took leave from medical school last year, traveled to Pakistan to visit relatives and went on to Indonesia to work with the group, members of which go around the world proselytizing for Islam.

Tablighi Jamaat is widely regarded as peaceful and apolitical, and claims millions of followers, but U.S. and European law enforcement officials have raised questions about possible connections to radical Islam.

Motiwala first heard of the movement when he arrived last year in Karachi, the Pakistani mega-city where his family members live. Inspired by the Tablighis' devotion, he began attending their meetings, improved his Urdu language skills, grew a beard and shed his Western clothes for a Pakistani shalwar kameez, a long tunic.

"They were very welcoming," Motiwala said. "We would ask people to come pray at the mosque, talk about the greatness of God, sit in gatherings and listen to prayers."

Motiwala's parents said he wasn't particularly religious as a child. Born in Anaheim, he grew up in West Covina and Pomona with three brothers, including a twin. He attended UC Irvine, graduating magna cum laude in 2007 with a degree in neurobiology, a university spokeswoman said.

He enrolled in medical school at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, but after two years began to lose interest, he said. He was considering switching to homeopathic medicine and traveled to Pakistan partly to explore continuing his medical studies there. :eek:

"I supported him, as long as he did the education," said his father, Rafiq, a retired accountant. When his son spoke about his growing interest in Islam, he said, "I was happy about it, as long as he goes in the right direction." :mrgreen:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Headline is misleading. It is the suspect's contacts with TJI and extended involvement that put him on the no fly list. IOW its not the list but how and why he got on it.

Is the LA Times reporter South Asian?
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

finally Canadian vijja
Christian girl accused of blasphemy moves to Canada, lawyer in Pakistan says
A Christian girl who was accused of burning Islam's holy book in a case that focused international attention on Pakistan's harsh blasphemy laws was forced to move to Canada over security concerns, her lawyer said Saturday.

The girl left Pakistan with her parents, three sisters and a brother on March 14, attorney Tahir Naveed Chaudhry said.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

http://zeenews.india.com/news/south-asia/pakistan-21-soldiers-75-extremists-killed_858770.html
Peshawar: Pakistani security forces have killed 75 militants and lost its 21 troops during the 34 days operation against the ultras in the country's tribal region close to Afghanistan border.

Deputy Commandant Frontier Corps Colonel Wasim Zafar Bhatti said about 75 militants were killed in 34 days operation.

Pakistan: 21 soldiers, 75 extremists killed

As many as 86 soldiers injured in the operation.

The forces have cleared Para Chamkani area in Kurram agency and established government's writ by flushing out the militants from their bastion in the wake of successful operation, said Colonel Wasim Zafar Bhatti while briefing newsmen at Sadda tehsil of Kurram agency.

Pakistan: 21 soldiers, 75 extremists killed
Col Wasim said the operation was started on May 11 last against the extremists who had infiltrated into the para Chamkani area from the nearby Khyber Agency on May 6 last.

The forces were deployed on May 8 in the restive areas comprising 28 small and big villages and towns.

In all 15,000 plus individual comprising 1,700 families were dislocated due to the operation, who were put up in New Durrani Camp in Sadda tehsil of Kurram Agency.

The families being returned to their areas are provided three month ration and free transport by the FDMA (Fata Disaster Management Authority).
Charlie
BRFite

Post by Charlie »

Brad Goodman wrote:finally Canadian vijja
Christian girl accused of blasphemy moves to Canada, lawyer in Pakistan says
A Christian girl who was accused of burning Islam's holy book in a case that focused international attention on Pakistan's harsh blasphemy laws was forced to move to Canada over security concerns, her lawyer said Saturday.

The girl left Pakistan with her parents, three sisters and a brother on March 14, attorney Tahir Naveed Chaudhry said.
We see too often that all the Paki minorities Shia, Ahmedis, Christians and recently Hazaras have utilized "Asylum" program and migrated to west. But never heard of much oppressed Paki Hindus having moved to west in any significant number. Is it cultural diffidence like we see in India where some states have much higher migration rates (Gujjus,Punjus) than say other states (Bihar, Bengal, Madhya Pradesh) etc. Atleast families like Rinkle Kumaris deserve to be out of that hell hole and into US/UK/Canada.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

First of all even India wont give them asylum. It will.openly welcome terrorist supporters go sing in Mumbai.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Gagan wrote:
Peregrine wrote:Fund negotiations : Pakistan refuses to accept IMF conditions

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to accept any of the conditions offered in the new program by the International Monetary Fund (IMF),
Cheers Image
Pakis being the liars that they are - this 400% means that they have meekly accepted the IMF conditions down to the last comma and full stop.
They will just ask that the IMF not go to town with the truth.

Pakistan has NO CHOICE but to grovel in front of the IMF for this loan.
Yes, but what if they repeal their new taxes once they've got their loan. They'll simply claim that new taxes are causing social unrest and strengthening terrorists etc. and therefore they are going to cancel the new tax plan. Same thing happened in 2008, if I remember correctly.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Gagan, Pakistan might be speaking the truth this time. There is a possibility that they have refused the conditions. This is the appropriate time for them to demand anything and everything, especially with the Doha talks being stalled and a desperate US seeking Pakistani intervention. Pakistan will use the talks to milk the 3½ as much as possible.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Both Indian journalists kicked out of Pakistan. Since they are not white -- like declan Walsh of NYTimes there is no outrage. Apparently people who wished them goodbye got calls from ISI.

http://dawn.com/news/1021493/pakistan-n ... ournalists
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

CRamS wrote: Anyway, what I need is the link to the news report where Hussein Haqqani makes that veiled threat that if India does not give Kashmir to TSP (or something to that effect), their pigLeTs will attack IT centers in Bangalore etc. Can the gurus point me to that? I think it appeared in the nutty nation if I am not mistaken.
A Modest Proposal From The Brigadier

You must go through this one, published in The Atlantic some years ago.
Then there is a youtube vid of Hamid Gul threatening to nuke Bangalore, with a smirk.
Hope this helps