Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Post by KJo »

"muslim world" <--- does not exist anywhere except in the wet dream of a paki
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

KJoishy wrote:"muslim world" <--- does not exist anywhere except in the wet dream of a paki
It's not just their dreams..the plonkers have this embedded in their very DNA.

As the descendants of the pillaged, the plundered and the violated, Pakis desperately hold onto anything, which they believe will give them even an iota of identity or relevance.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Also, a bunch of think tankists have also protested the article (the author list should tell you who the Paki spokespeople in DC are).

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... wMode=HTML
How does Bharath Gopalaswamy know whether ISI has managed to infiltrate or not? His joining this email list says more about this source of funding than he may have wanted people to know.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Kashi wrote:AoA, we'll continue to eat grass forever
This Baki sounds like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Beggars Can't be Choosers - edit, DT
Despite all the claims of the new government that it would break the begging bowl, the inevitable has happened as Pakistan seeks help from the IMF yet again.
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and his team have vehemently tried to portray that the IMF loan is in line with the PML-N government’s homegrown fiscal policies and that the IMF had not dictated its terms in the agreed bailout package. Dar said that the conditions upon which the loan programme is contingent are part of the reforms PML-N had set forth in its party manifesto and which were also evident in the recent budget. This claim is false to the extent that in order to receive money from the IMF, the government has to levy new taxes, a measure that was not in the recent budget’s purview and had been denied until now as a possibility by Mr Dar. Moreover, the government will have to make some other tough decisions such as privatising public sector enterprises and reviving others such as PIA and the Railways that are bleeding heavily. Pakistan has had a long dismal history of borrowing from the IMF. Since 1988, Pakistan has engaged with the IMF in 11 loan programmes, out of which only four were termed successful by the IMF (and that too in terms of repayments made and not in terms of any positive effect on Pakistan’s economy). Considering Pakistan’s track record it comes as no surprise that, regardless of what the government might say, the terms offered by the IMF are harsh. The loan granted to the previous People’s Party government in 2008 was worth nearly $ 11.3 billion, significantly more than the present loan programme.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Kashi wrote:
rajanb wrote:Next it will be "More electrifying than electricity". :rotfl:
:rotfl:

This is a great one.

Why do I get a feeling that we may see this phrase turn up in official Paki circles, sooner than later...
sweeter than honey taller than mountain is actually a chinese idiom.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

14 killed in train accident near Sheikhupura
SHEIKHUPURA : At least 14 people were killed and one person was injured when a rickshaw collided with a train near Sheikhupura on Saturday, reported Express News.
“There was a board that stated the rule clearly, near the crossing, but sadly, due to illiteracy in the country most people don’t know these simple rules,” he said.
Cheers Image
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Who is this Bharat Gopalswamy dude? Some lifafa clown? As someone else said, if Ejaz Haider is not an ISI mouthpiece, I don't know how an ISI mouthpiece will sound. This punk, this bloody b@stard said India is milking 26/11 even as Hafeez pig enjoys official patronage. I wonder if such a vile scum bag will be allowed within the borders of USA were he to suggest that USA is milking 9/11.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

he is a colleague of ram narayan goldstein
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

So, this paki wants to compare his nation's current HDI ranking (146) with that of Liberia (174) and see if it matches Liberia's growing global status as the world's hot spot. Lets review his checklist.

A trip to Liberia - Yawn!
In 2011 my Canadian company asked me if I was interested in moving to Liberia to work on a large iron-ore mining project. I was curious to see for myself how such a country compared to my homeland Pakistan.
Checklist:
diseases ranging from malaria to diarrhoea, dysentery etc. Check
an airport that had a ... look of a busy railway station ticket counter. I felt very much at home. Check
buildings damaged by the civil war, rusting carcasses of military vehicles, and electric poles with broken power cables Check
not safe to venture out during the evening Check
no electricity supply Check
The country turned into killing fields Check
Almost the entire infrastructure (water, roads, power, telephone networks)...destroyed Check
While a democratically elected government is in place, the country is run by the United Nations(read IMF, PA...) Check
Only shops that have their own small generators stay open after dark Check
There are a few schools run by Western missionaries Check
The lone bookshop in town, when open, sells only books related to religion Check
Rusting, broken, half-sunk ships can still be seen in the harbour.Check
Medical facilities are virtually non-existent Check
But love for madr-e-watan for all mard-e-momeens is strong and, for each paki world traveler, hope lies eternal.
Since my return from Liberia, I am thankful for having Pakistan, but at the same time fearful that civil wars and sectarian conflicts may one day bring us to where Liberia is today.
Inshallah!!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Rahul M wrote: sweeter than honey taller than mountain is actually a chinese idiom.
Aren't the Chinese sick and tired of hearing these syrupy platitudes?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Peregrine wrote:
“There was a board that stated the rule clearly, near the crossing, but sadly, due to illiteracy in the country most people don’t know these simple rules,” he said.
what do they write on the sign boards? essay? must be a hell of a literature.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

anupmisra wrote:
Rahul M wrote: sweeter than honey taller than mountain is actually a chinese idiom.
Aren't the Chinese sick and tired of hearing these syrupy platitudes?
they must be ruing the day they introduced the pakis to this expression. :wink:
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Jhujar wrote:With Chinese assistance: ECNEC set to approve three nuclear power plants

http://tribune.com.pk/story/572141/with ... er-plants/
ISLAMBAD:
The highest project approval body is set to approve over Rs1.4 trillion worth of projects today (Thursday), including three nuclear power plants of 2,400 megawatts capacity which will be built in Karachi with Chinese assistance.In total, six projects will be considered by the Executive Committee of National Economic Council (Ecnec) for approval, according to Planning Commission officials. The body is headed by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar.All these projects have one thing in common – Chinese assistance – and are being approved at a time when Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is in China to deepen economic relations with the world’s second largest economy.
The body will also consider the Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) project for approval, which will also be established with Chinese support. The estimated cost of this project is Rs19.7 billion, including a Rs15.8 billion foreign loan component. For the current year, Rs631 million has been allocated for the project.The satellite will be launched in 2015-16 and carry a high-resolution electro-optical payload with designed service life of five years, according to Suparco website.
Ecnec is expected to approve Karachi Coastal Power project, which is sponsored by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC). The estimated cost of this 1,100MW nuclear power plant is Rs958.8 billion including Rs692 billion foreign loan.

This project will also be built with Chinese assistance. For the current year, the government has allocated Rs6 billion in the budget for land acquisition.Karachi Nuclear Power Plant-I (Kanupp-I) and Kanupp-II may also be considered for approval by Ecnec. To keep these projects secret, the government has not added them in the meeting’s agenda, sources said. Kanupp-II will have 1,000MW power generation capacity.The agreements for implementation of these two projects were signed during the tenure of the PPP government, but later on they were put on hold indefinitely, sources said.Ecnec is also taking up for approval the 969MW Neelum Jhelum Hydropower Project with revised cost estimates. Started with an estimated cost of Rs84 billion, the revised cost is now Rs274.9 billion, according to PC officials.China had stopped processing a $448 million loan for this project due to reservations about two other projects – Safe City Islamabad and a communications project. But with the change in government in Pakistan, chances of finalisation of the loan have brightened as premier Sharif is expected to take up this matter with the Chinese authorities during his ongoing trip, sources said.Ecnec will also consider for approval the Nandipur Power Plant of 425MW, which is another case of mismanagement by the last government. Against initial cost of Rs22 billion, the revised cost stands at Rs57.4 billion.The government has added demurrage charges worth Rs1.7 billion to the cost that Chinese contractors will claim from Pakistan.
Got to hand it to the Pakis. After Saudi, UK, and USA it is now the turn of the Chinese to be blackmailed.
They will now milk China by extorting money(Will be called bilateral aid) by controlling the Uighur's and other anti-state movement in Western China.
By building a road/rail/pipeline link to west asia through Gwadar, the Chinese will be handing over their balls on a platter to the shitistanis to be twisted at their will and pleasure.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

anupmisra wrote:So, this paki wants to compare his nation's current HDI ranking (146) with that of Liberia (174) and see if it matches Liberia's growing global status as the world's hot spot. Lets review his checklist.

A trip to Liberia - Yawn!
The Lebanese and Indians own whatever business there is in Liberia. A shopkeeper who was an Indian Gujrati provided the only lighter moment during my stay. When I asked him how he had ended up in Liberia he told me that he was selected for a job in Libya – or so he thought. When he got off the plane it turned out to be the down and out Liberia and not oil rich Libya! Since he had no money to go back he started working in Buchanan and now owned a shop..
what is it? is the bugger trying to score over Indians?
He dutifully brought me an eraser when I asked for a razor.
a paki making an a$$ of his own accent.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

"Next it will be "More electrifying than electricity".

sweeter than honey taller than mountain is actually a chinese idiom.
While that idiom may be from the Chinese, the new phrase is a homegrown one for Pakistan!
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

SSridhar wrote:Beggars Can't be Choosers - edit, DT
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government and the IMF finally came to an agreement over the bailout package that is desperately needed to resuscitate Pakistan’s economy
How come an economy of 200+ million people and area of 700+ thousands sq km can fail if not received 5-6 billion dollars, or to put it right, can be saved by mere 5-6b$ ? Means either so called paki economy does not exist or the figures being reported are terribly misjudged.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RCase wrote:While that idiom may be from the Chinese, the new phrase is a homegrown one for Pakistan!
:)
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Vipul wrote:
Jhujar wrote:With Chinese assistance: ECNEC set to approve three nuclear power plants

Got to hand it to the Pakis. After Saudi, UK, and USA it is now the turn of the Chinese to be blackmailed.
They will now milk China by extorting money(Will be called bilateral aid) by controlling the Uighur's and other anti-state movement in Western China.
By building a road/rail/pipeline link to west asia through Gwadar, the Chinese will be handing over their balls on a platter to the shitistanis to be twisted at their will and pleasure.
Vipul Ji :

The Pakistanis proclaim that the Chinese will make Gwadar a multi-faceted huge Port.

They also state that a Pipe Line will carry Persian Gulf Oil and Natural Gas – the Chinese will build an LNG receiving Terminal and Re-gasification Facility. China needs both Oil and Natural Gas for its Industry, which of course is in the Eastern Provinces.

The Chinese are supposed to Transport the Oil and Gas by Pipe Line from Gwadar to Kashgar for onward despatch to Eastern China by Pipelines

Why would China need to transport PG Origin Oil and Natural Gas from Xinjiang to Eastern China? Xinjiang is already sending Oodles of Millions of Barrels of Oil s well as of Billions of Cubic Feet of Natural Gas?

In addition China has nearly completed the Kyaukpyu Deep Sea Port – about 120 KM South East of Sitwe (Old Name Akyab) - to Kunming Oil and Gas Pipe Lines as the Malacca Straits are seemingly controlled by the You Knighted States.

As regards Non-Oil Trade the CARs transport their Trading Requirements by Rail with Europe and China and as such there is not that much scope for using the Marine mode of Transportation for their Trading.

I don’t think that Pakistan or the Islamic Block will do much to help the Uighurs in respect of getting rid of Chinese rule for the simple reason that starting in 1949 the Chinese have encouraged Millions of Han to migrate to Xinjiang there by reducing the Muslim Population content from 90-95 Per Cent in 1949 to 40-45 Per Cent now.

The Chinese will be getting Iranian Oil for many, many years to come as the Chinese Shipyards, to my knowledge, built 12 VLCC Tankers of 300,000 DWT each for the National Iranian Tanker Co. The Iranians will repay the costs of these Vessels by way of Oil AT 2009 Prices.

As such China now seems to be the biggest Oil Importer of Iranian Crude so that the extent of Pakistani “support of Uighurs” will be minimal.

AA : Kyaukpyu – Kunming Pipe Lines

China and Burma Leaders Meet, Oil and Gas Projects Move Forward

BB : Non-viability of Transporting Oil via Pipeline from Pakistan to China as compared with Transporting from PG to Eastern China by Sea.

Still a Pipedream : A Pakistan-to-China rail corridor is not a substitute for maritime transport

CC : Estimated costs of moving oil to Chongqing, China from the Persian Gulf by sea and via Pakistan :

Gwadar anybody?
Cheers Image
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1023261/a-trip ... toryPage=2

I was supposed to stay in Liberia for six months but I could not survive it for more than six weeks. Since my return from Liberia, I am thankful for having Pakistan, but at the same time fearful that civil wars and sectarian conflicts may one day bring us to where Liberia is today.

Inshallah, rare insight and clairvoyance from a Pakistani.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

LokeshC wrote: http://jaideepprabhu.org/2013/06/26/bew ... ends-tell/
What do you guys think?
This should give you an idea about Jaideep Prabhu: http://centreright.in/2013/07/the-impor ... an-bhagat/
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.geo.tv/article-108228-Mumbai ... proceeding
he Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) without any proceeding adjourned the hearing of Mumbai attack case until July 20, as FIA prosecutor Azhar Chaudhry and the witnesses remained absent from the court on Saturday here, Geo News reported.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Peregrine wrote:CC : Estimated costs of moving oil to Chongqing, China from the Persian Gulf by sea and via Pakistan :
Gwadar anybody?
Cheers
This is classic panda brilliance. Support the most unstable formation in order to pay zero when they could pay a reasonable price and ship it through India for far cheaper cost and stability. This is the same panda brilliance that ended with China being surrounded by nuclear armed countries and NoKo turning into a belligerent nuclear armed state on its border.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

^^^
unlikely that "Panda brilliance" in the above context had anything to do with nuclear armed countries around Panda. Rus was going to get nuclear anyway once USA turned. Panda couldn't have stopped that if they voluntarily disbanded the PLA. Pak has 3.5 fathers, and Panda is simply one of the 3 major ones who collaborated in making Pak a nuke "power". India would have opted for nukes even if Pak wasn't. Panda being belligerent or otherwise. NoKo is a Panda munna who is playing with Japan. all other voices notwithstanding.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote:the Chinese will build an LNG receiving Terminal and Re-gasification Facility. China needs both Oil and Natural Gas for its Industry, which of course is in the Eastern Provinces. The Chinese are supposed to Transport the Oil and Gas by Pipe Line from Gwadar to Kashgar for onward despatch to Eastern China by Pipelines.
I am pretty sure that Gwadar was and will never be a logical and economical substitute for maritime transport of essential commodities for the Chinese. Maritime law is clear on theft and piracy in international waters. Whereas, anything transported by land through a violent and ungovernable land like pa'astan must conform to its (paki) laws whatever they may be. Have they even discussed transit fees? Wait till they get to that part. The Baloch will be pissed, of course. Loans do not substitute investments. The pakis, as always, are being taken for a ride. That "taller and deeper than..." phrase will soon have a different meaning.

I think Gwadar was always meant to be a military and naval base for the Chinese to control the gulf and poke a finger in the US and Indian eyes. The rest of the reasons (oil and gas transport, import/export goods transit and container storage facility) are just a façade to placate the pakis into believing that they are just about to become the center of world trade. Best of all, the pakis are paying for it.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Bombing in Lahore: 4 dead
While the CM of Punjab is away at China where Xi said he was 'having a liking' for both Nawaz and Shahbaz ? This is certainly the work of 'bad Taliban'.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The Chinese are really worried about Malaca. They want to diversify into multiple paths and modes of transportation for energy security. Pipelines from Russia, CAR and Gwadar.

Peregrine ji, in your map, you are showing a route through Palk Straits. This may not happen. It has to be around Sri Lanka.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Blast in Lahore's old Anarkali area kills five, 50 injured- Source: Yawn!
The Punjab capital had so far remained immune to the wave of bombings that has terrorised the three other provincial headquarters over the past four years.
What is that saying about the chickens coming home to roost?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Apparently it is not the Hanood, Yehudi, Nasara trio of RAW, Mossad, and CIA out to nobble the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is apparently the Hanood, Yehudi, Momin trio of Mossad, RAW and “brotherly” Afghanistan’s NDS which is out to nobble the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

Raw, Mossad, NDS behind terrorism in Pakistan
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

^^^^From the above article. :rotfl:
RAW and Mossad are also preparing plans against the nuclear installations of Pakistan.
:eek:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The Islamic Republic of Pakistan botches its polio vaccination programme:

Over half million children again miss polio vaccines in Pakistan

That is not the only botched child vaccination programme in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. A few days ago there was this news item on measles which laid the blame for the present epidemic on a botched routine vaccination programme:

Pakistan’s Measles Problem
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan Movement: myth or reality? — 1I — Vaqar Ahmed
Jinnah"s Paki Babby was unwanted, Still Born and Retarded on Count of Incestuos Pregnancy
The League went into the elections with a clear message to the Muslim voters: “Islam is in danger if you do not have Pakistan. If you want Pakistan, vote for the Muslim League.” What Pakistan meant in terms of physical boundaries and the form of government was left vague and open-ended. This broad vision was a tactics to garner support of a large number of Muslims with differing views on what rights and concessions they wanted in the power sharing of India by invoking a perceived threat to their religious faith.Both the British and Congress could have debunked this position of the League by pointing out the real consequences, like the division of Punjab and Bengal, if the Muslims voted for a separate country. The British stayed on the sidelines, perhaps to assert their neutrality, and the Congress may have thought of ‘good riddance’ from the Muslims in the Muslim majority provinces.
Using the ‘Islam under threat’ card, the League won over the religious leaders, pirs and clerics who held sway in the rural areas of Punjab. These religious figures, in turn, issued fatwas that went to the extent of warning the Muslims that if they did not vote for Pakistan they would cease being Muslims, their marriages would be annulled and they would not be buried in Muslim graveyards. Voters were told by the pirs that they had to choose between ‘Pakistan’ and ‘Kufiristan’.
The result of the 1946 elections was a significant victory and the watershed in Muslim League’s claim of being the sole representatives of the Muslims of India. In Punjab, the League won 33 percent of the Muslim votes polled and won 75 of the 175 seats. In Bengal, the League won 95 percent and 84.6 percent of the urban and rural Muslim votes respectively and 115 of the total of 250 seats. In Sind it won 46.3 percent of the Muslim vote, while in the NWFP it secured 41 percent of those Muslims who voted. Overall, the League won 74.7 percent of the total Muslim votes at the provincial level. At the centre, the League won all the seats reserved for Muslims.
While the vote for the Muslim League, and by corollary, the mandate to create Pakistan had been obtained, there were a number of spoilers to League’s victory. First, the League’s organisation in the Muslim majority provinces was very poor and victory was achieved by breaking into the vote bank of the existing social order that could easily switch allegiance when a good opportunity beckoned. Second, the influence and power attained by the communalist Muslim pirs and clerics was bound to raise its ugly head since these pirs and clerics were not under the control of the League leadership. Nevertheless, Jinnah was satisfied with the opportunity provided by the results and as pointed out by Ayesha Jalal, “He calculated that there would be time later to impose effective control over Muslim India once the more urgent battle with Congress and the British had been won.” As Jalal goes on to point out, this was a “miscalculation” on his part. The events moved in a way that left Jinnah holding a baby with vague features that he never wanted in the first place.

Following the elections of 1946 Jinnah had expected that with his mandate from the Muslims he could now negotiate a good deal to safeguard their interests. However, what followed the elections of 1946 was a roller coaster ride that seemed in no one’s control. The British were in a rush to leave as they had concluded that it was not possible for them to exercise colonial rule over India anymore. The Cabinet Mission Plan was a last ditch initiative by the British to agree on the features of an independent India. This was the end game in a long contested match of chess, but it did not end the way Jinnah had planned it. Jinnah was ready to accept a form of government in which there would be a weak centre-controlling defence, foreign affairs and communications, and two federating units: one for the Muslims and the second for the Hindus. This solution, to quote, Jalal, “By letting the Mission know that he envisaged some form of a union government once power was transferred, Jinnah for the first time had come out with his real strategy.” But Jinnah had played his cards too close to his chest and now it was too late. The British were in a rush to pack up from India, the Muslim provinces were squabbling among themselves over their own demand, and Congress proved inflexible to accommodate Jinnah’s solution within the framework of a united India.Without caring for the consequences, a criminal omission, the colonial masters decided to divide India. A man called Radcliffe, a lawyer, came over and drew lines over the map of India to carve out two countries in the five-week time he was stipulated by his employers. What was let loose in 1940, by way of the Pakistan Resolution, as a tactics to gain power at the centre, ended up in creating two warring countries.The rest, as they say, is history, and a bloody one at that.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

A journey across Maharashtra

Another Poaqjourney
Wherever we drove I could see the Muslim presence. Their shops with Islamic names, green banners, mosques, shrines, women in burqa and men with typical Islamic beards, was indicative of the fact that they were an integral part of Indian life. And, of course, the azan could be heard wherever we went. Some nasty communal rioting wrecked peace in Maharashtra’s main city, Mumbai in the 1990s and the late Bal Thackeray was notorious for Pakistan bashing, but the wisdom of the sufis and sages is too deeply rooted in Indian soil to spread such communal poison too deeply.
Dr Anwar remembered seeing me flying kites from our house top. I too could recall him, though the last time we saw each other from roof tops must have been at least 50 years ago. Courtesy the communication revolution and the good offices of a fine Maharashtrian, we conversed for quite some time. We also exchanged notes on India-Pakistan relations and what we could do as concerned and responsible academics to help normalise them. It was a very pleasant exchange of views.At Aurangabad, which was roughly halfway to Nagpur, we broke journey for the night. Next morning we first went to the tomb of the last Great Moghul, Emperor Aurangzeb Alamgir (1616-1707). It was the simplest of constructions, not at all in the style of his predecessors. The guide told us that Aurangzeb had left instructions that no fancy edifice was to be constructed over his grave and that had been respected. I was, however, surprised to find out that a shrine next to his grave belonged to a Qadri sufi who I was told was his spiritual guide. I would have thought his spiritual guide would be from the Naqshbandi order, which is famous for its strict adherence to the Sharia. We know that his rival and elder brother, Dara Shikoh, belonged to the Qadri order and was a disciple of Mian Meer of Lahore. However, it seems both had their sufi orientation in the Qadri order.

As I stood there I thought of the Badshahi Mosque of Lahore, the biggest open mosque in the world, I believe, that Aurangzeb had built. Once upon a time the Mughal Empire over which this man ruled extended from Aurangabad in the south to Lahore and beyond in the north-west. In Pakistan he is celebrated as a hero and the real founder of the Two Nation Theory. In India he is not remembered kindly though and my friend Aakar Patel told me that Aurangzeb was an extremely competent administrator and general.Aurangabad had another connection with Pakistan and Lahore. The founder of the Jama’at-e-Islami Syed Abul Ala Maududi was born in Aurangabad and began his journalistic career in Hyderabad State to which Aurangabad belonged before the princely states were abolished in 1956 when linguistic units replaced the existing boundaries that existed between the Indian Union and the princely states. Nobody can doubt that Maududi attained the status of Pakistan’s undisputed ideologue of Islamic fundamentalism. Did he do it by undermining, what some maintain was Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s secular vision of Pakistan, or, he extended the underlying logic of the Two Nation Theory to its ultimate, though arguably from Jinnah’s point of view, unintended limit? This we can discuss another time.Aurangabad has a strong Muslim presence; 38 percent of the population is Muslim and many famous historical mosques are to be found there. Green flags were flying all around.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ISLAMBAD:
This project will also be built with Chinese assistance. For the current year, the government has allocated Rs6 billion in the budget for land acquisition.Karachi Nuclear Power Plant-I (Kanupp-I) and Kanupp-II may also be considered for approval by Ecnec. To keep these projects secret, the government has not added them in the meeting’s agenda, sources said. Kanupp-II will have 1,000MW power generation capacity. The agreements for implementation of these two projects were signed during the tenure of the PPP government, but later on they were put on hold indefinitely, sources said. ...The government has added demurrage charges worth Rs1.7 billion to the cost that Chinese contractors will claim from Pakistan.
I never understood bakis. If it is a *secret* project., why is it in the news in first place but not in front of the committee that approves it! Also the demurage - that is the government will ask the chinese contractors to claim demurage from pakistan to be paid to whom? Bakis., will they do "badbaki" (also known as division) from their own "demurages" (read it like division from their own musharrafs).
M Joshi
BRFite

Post by M Joshi »

Jhujar wrote:A journey across Maharashtra

Another Poaqjourney
my friend Aakar Patel told me that Aurangzeb was an extremely competent administrator and general.
So according to this Bekaar Patel Aurangzeb was "an extremely competent administrator and general", but Modi is "Maut ka saudagar". :x
Showing his true colors - green.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Aakar Patel tried to dawn a facade of an impartial intellectual, who only had "honest" opinion about NM.He has realized that grass is greener if one is green-opinion-friendly. A a decade of such service will ensure a job in the NAC 2020 to secure retirement.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar Guru Ji :
SSridhar wrote:The Chinese are really worried about Malaca. They want to diversify into multiple paths and modes of transportation for energy security. Pipelines from Russia, CAR and Gwadar.

Peregrine ji, in your map, you are showing a route through Palk Straits. This may not happen. It has to be around Sri Lanka.
I refer you to my message Posted: 07 Jul 2013 07:03 wherein I have stated as follows :
1. Why would China need to transport PG Origin Oil and Natural Gas from Xinjiang to Eastern China? Xinjiang is already sending Oodles of Millions of Barrels of Oil as well as of Billions of Cubic Feet of Natural Gas?
2.In addition China has nearly completed the Kyaukpyu Deep Sea Port – about 120 KM South East of Sitwe (Old Name Akyab) - to Kunming Oil and Gas Pipe Lines as the Malacca Straits are seemingly controlled by the You Knighted States.
The Authors of the Article seem to have been convinced by the Tamil Nadu Government that the Channel through the Palk Straits will be able to permit the passage of Loaded VLCCs basis a Channel Depth of 25 Metres. God help Tamil Nadu!

As such the Chinese will be importing their PG Origin – and possibly the West & North African Oil and Natural Gas - via the Port of Kyaukpyu thereby not only avoiding the Malacca Straits having Oil and Natural Gas Pipelines of about 1500 KM for the Oil and about 1700 KM for the Gas instead of 4000 – 5000 KM via Gwadar. Please note the Gwadar to Kashgar and thence to Shanghai is an Air Distance. The Kyaukpyu-Kunming distance is the actual Distance.

A word to the wise : Methinks the Iranians would Export their Crude of Caspian Oil Origin to China if not through the same Pipe Line then one which follows the same route. The Kazakhstan-China Oil Pipe Line is about 2300 KM.
anupmisra wrote:I am pretty sure that Gwadar was and will never be a logical and economical substitute for maritime transport of essential commodities for the Chinese. Maritime law is clear on theft and piracy in international waters. Whereas, anything transported by land through a violent and ungovernable land like pa'astan must conform to its (paki) laws whatever they may be. Have they even discussed transit fees? Wait till they get to that part. The Baloch will be pissed, of course. Loans do not substitute investments. The pakis, as always, are being taken for a ride. That "taller and deeper than..." phrase will soon have a different meaning.

I think Gwadar was always meant to be a military and naval base for the Chinese to control the gulf and poke a finger in the US and Indian eyes. The rest of the reasons (oil and gas transport, import/export goods transit and container storage facility) are just a façade to placate the pakis into believing that they are just about to become the center of world trade. Best of all, the pakis are paying for it.
anupmisra Ji :

I abso the lutely and entir the ely agree with your Analysis. One day – may be just one day – Terroristanis will realise that “the tallel than the Himalayas ad Deepel than the Ocean Fliend has taken them for the Lide of theil Life”. But, by then – as usual - it will be too late!

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 07 Jul 2013 15:32, edited 3 times in total.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Abu Qatada Leaves UK And Arrives In Jordan

Today Abu Qatada - slowly the rest - especially if India has an Extradition Treaty with UK.

Cheers Image
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/573637/hala ... -launches/
Halalgoogling’ fetches results from leading search engines such as Google and Bing and has a built-in “advanced special filtering system that blocks Haram content according to the Law of Islam”, the press release said.
:P
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

This is becoming a trend - what are the implications of this?

Pak-born cricketer Sikander Raza in Zimbabwe squad for India series