Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RCase
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2028
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 22:50
Location: Awaiting the sabbath of Fry djinns

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby RCase » 18 Jun 2013 03:12

Baikul wrote:^^ He forgets that Pakistan has been investing and developing into the world's most popular tourist destination for decades. Arabs, Chechens, Libyans, Germans, Britishers and countless other nationalities have visited, stayed and made it an enviable melting pot of cultures and languages. India is dying of jealousy, onlee.


Tourism Promotion Board of Al Bakistan:

IEDcredible Al Bakistan! You are guaranteed to have a blast of a time! :D

Tour specialities to meet the needs of the most adventurous tourist:
1. Mountaineering - Bunkered scenic remote mountain top check posts where you can be one with nature and human contact will be via helicopters
2. Active lifestyle - Instead of shooting the breeze, how about shooting at the moon and UFOs? Action packed adventure every minute to keep your heart racing wildly. Enjoy a short training course with the tanzeem of your choice, where you will learn the fine art of IEDs, handling explosives and firearms.
3. Romance - What happens in Al Bakistan, stays in Al Bakistan. Whether you like it under the veil or are happy with alternate styles, Bakistan is the place to explore your inner secrets Pakistaniyat. Pakistan has been ranked as Numero Uno in a recently published PEW report about search for happy lifestyles.

Groups of 4 or fewer men can indulge in Pakislamic supported sport of unfettered enjoyment of the world famous beauties of Al Bakistan (whom the dark skinned Yindians are always envious of).

For those tourist who like to hum their favorite songs in pakistan, try the all time favorite 'I have left my heart in San Francisco Al Bakistan'

4. Alpine sports - Al Bakistan fauj specializes in down hill skiing and offers wonderful slopes in Azad Kashmir (where everyone is free to do whatever they want). Sessions include white gloved fauji attendants serving tea and sandwiches along with a friendly jihad-ready afsar of the Bakistani Fauj.
5. Water Sports - Although Al Bakistan is home to mightly rivers, misfortunately the Yindians have built hundreds of dams and stolen all the water, thereby killing the prospects for water sports. However, you must try the sport of car racing with the cars running on a water kit.
6. Wild Life - Enjoy frequent sightings of large, migratory, fire breathing predator birds - the nashunal bird of Al Bakistan. With the new goverment, you can also spot once rare white tigers on the streets of of Punjab. The Arap special is only for Araps and wherein specialized tours of birds like the Pakistani ******** are arranged to be hunted.

Accommodation, food and travel:

Al Bakistan boasts of the finest hotels to stay in the world. All these hotels come equipped with high vacuum bulbs.
No where else can you enjoy the stars in the night to the fullest; our cities and towns people have voluntarily turned off their lights to enhance your experience.

Al Bakistan is gastronomic paradise. Everything that you eat will make you want to visit pakistan more often! Enjoy delicious kebabs prepared in the tradition of our rugged four fathers galloping on horses over the grasslands of Central Asia, or the explosive concoction of pindi channa or the nutritious grass diet.

Al Bakistan is well connected to the rest of the world with numerous flights of various air forces from around the world. The nashunal carrier, PIA has wonderful stewards and stewardesses to truly make it a PIA moment. Our watchful immigration afsars ensure that polio and measles workers are stopped at the border.

Al Bakistan is crisscrossed with wide, well laid roads and motorways (unlike Yindia with dark, narrow roads). Relax with a book in the back seat of your chauffeur driven car like average Pakistanis do or hop on to a train of the Pakistan Railways to explore the far corners of the country in luxury. Within cities, our metros provide an efficient way to zip around.

Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2368
Joined: 01 Apr 2010 17:00

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Brad Goodman » 18 Jun 2013 03:41

Pakistan asks India to remove duties on LNG export


As Delhi refuses to budge on the issue of prices, Pakistan is now asking India to permit the duty-free export of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to make the fuel price competitive.

“We have asked India to exempt LNG export from taxes, which may bring its price down to $16 per mmbtu, but India has not yet given any assurance,” a source quoted officials as saying.

During recent talks held in Pakistan, India had sought $21 per million British thermal units (mmbtu) for LNG export, including taxes applicable on the fuel in India, sources say.

Pakistan has been attempting to import LNG from different sources, including the Sui Southern Gas Company’s integrated LNG import project and imports from gas-rich Qatar

Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2368
Joined: 01 Apr 2010 17:00

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Brad Goodman » 18 Jun 2013 03:44

one more kuffar institution promoting vice and dajjal shut down aoa
Pakistan shuts Quetta university after attacks
Pakistan's education authorities have shut down a women's university at the center of recent deadly twin attacks in the troubled southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta.


The education authorities said in a statement on Monday that Sardar Bahadur Khan University would remain closed for an indefinite period, Pakistan's Geo TV network reported.

Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2368
Joined: 01 Apr 2010 17:00

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Brad Goodman » 18 Jun 2013 03:46

pig issues a fatwa
Don't carry out attacks inside Pakistan as it is not jihad, Hafiz Saeed says

Saaed claimed the US, India and the West were hatching a conspiracy against Pakistan.

"They want infighting among different schools of thought to achieve their vested interest," Saeed claimed.

He alleged efforts were being made to pitch other groups against the JuD.

jash_p
BRFite
Posts: 266
Joined: 03 Feb 2008 05:56

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby jash_p » 18 Jun 2013 06:55

Chaudhry Nisar bursts out over Balochistan issue


June 17, 2013 - Updated 210 PKT


ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan Monday burst out over Balochistan issue, expressing shock over how the entire security apparatus along with security agencies could not put a curb on terrorism in the restive province.



Speaking from the floor of National Assembly, Ch Nisar wondered as to how the security agencies want to be equipped to deal with the Balochistan issue.



Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PMAP) Chief, Mahmood Khan Achakzai asked: “Why is it that our security agencies are capable enough to find a needle in a haystack but still the law and order situation continues to remain in a poor state (in Balochistan)”.



Ch Nisar said a meeting of civil armed forces has been convened for June 20 and that a security policy will be announced by June 20-21.



“The Ziarat incident appears to be the result of ineligibility on the part of our security agencies,” he lamented, adding, ‘an internal hand could be involved in the incident’.



He said contradiction had been noticed in the statements of the DPO and DCO and vowed to make findings of the investigation report public.



Appearing shocked, Nisar said if the security agencies are really unable to protect even the red zone then what is it that the government should equip them with to help them do their job. “The law enforcement agencies should desist from acting as an independent entity,” he warned.



Mahmood Khan Achakzai in his speech during the NA session warned that ‘if the establishment was not reined in within the next two-three years, he would quit the assembly’.



He said the neighbouring countries including China were not in good terms (with Pakistan) and that ‘it was us who sold the atom bomb’.



“Osama (Bin Laden) was nabbed from a place located near the training facility of ISSB and it is also a fact that we are interfering in Afghanistan’s affairs and it was us who provided safe haven to the insurgents,” Achakzai maintained.




who is this Mahmood Khan Achakzai guy? Looks like he is wants to meet his 72 and looking for qadrification.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23758
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby SSridhar » 18 Jun 2013 07:31


Something wrong here. Are they planning to install a 90 Km long cryogenic pipeline to carry LNG ?

Baikul
BRFite
Posts: 1132
Joined: 20 Sep 2010 06:47

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Baikul » 18 Jun 2013 08:19

RCase wrote:
Baikul wrote:^^ He forgets that Pakistan has been investing and developing into the world's most popular tourist destination for decades. Arabs, Chechens, Libyans, Germans, Britishers and countless other nationalities have visited, stayed and made it an enviable melting pot of cultures and languages. India is dying of jealousy, onlee.


Tourism Promotion Board of Al Bakistan:

IEDcredible Al Bakistan! You are guaranteed to have a blast of a time! :D

Tour specialities to meet the needs of the most adventurous tourist:
1. Mountaineering - Bunkered scenic remote mountain top check posts where you can be one with nature and human contact will be via helicopters
2. Active lifestyle - Instead of shooting the breeze, how about shooting at the moon and UFOs? Action packed adventure every minute to keep your heart racing wildly. Enjoy a short training course with the tanzeem of your choice, where you will learn the fine art of IEDs, handling explosives and firearms.
3. Romance - What happens in Al Bakistan, stays in Al Bakistan. Whether you like it under the veil or are happy with alternate styles, Bakistan is the place to explore your inner secrets Pakistaniyat. Pakistan has been ranked as Numero Uno in a recently published PEW report about search for happy lifestyles.

Groups of 4 or fewer men can indulge in Pakislamic supported sport of unfettered enjoyment of the world famous beauties of Al Bakistan (whom the dark skinned Yindians are always envious of).

For those tourist who like to hum their favorite songs in pakistan, try the all time favorite 'I have left my heart in San Francisco Al Bakistan'

4. Alpine sports - Al Bakistan fauj specializes in down hill skiing and offers wonderful slopes in Azad Kashmir (where everyone is free to do whatever they want). Sessions include white gloved fauji attendants serving tea and sandwiches along with a friendly jihad-ready afsar of the Bakistani Fauj.
5. Water Sports - Although Al Bakistan is home to mightly rivers, misfortunately the Yindians have built hundreds of dams and stolen all the water, thereby killing the prospects for water sports. However, you must try the sport of car racing with the cars running on a water kit.
6. Wild Life - Enjoy frequent sightings of large, migratory, fire breathing predator birds - the nashunal bird of Al Bakistan. With the new goverment, you can also spot once rare white tigers on the streets of of Punjab. The Arap special is only for Araps and wherein specialized tours of birds like the Pakistani ******** are arranged to be hunted.

Accommodation, food and travel:

Al Bakistan boasts of the finest hotels to stay in the world. All these hotels come equipped with high vacuum bulbs.
No where else can you enjoy the stars in the night to the fullest; our cities and towns people have voluntarily turned off their lights to enhance your experience.

Al Bakistan is gastronomic paradise. Everything that you eat will make you want to visit pakistan more often! Enjoy delicious kebabs prepared in the tradition of our rugged four fathers galloping on horses over the grasslands of Central Asia, or the explosive concoction of pindi channa or the nutritious grass diet.

Al Bakistan is well connected to the rest of the world with numerous flights of various air forces from around the world. The nashunal carrier, PIA has wonderful stewards and stewardesses to truly make it a PIA moment. Our watchful immigration afsars ensure that polio and measles workers are stopped at the border.

Al Bakistan is crisscrossed with wide, well laid roads and motorways (unlike Yindia with dark, narrow roads). Relax with a book in the back seat of your chauffeur driven car like average Pakistanis do or hop on to a train of the Pakistan Railways to explore the far corners of the country in luxury. Within cities, our metros provide an efficient way to zip around.


Very well done saar, now please to quickly send this marketing material to the Pakistani Board of Tourism & Sudden Death Experiences. :mrgreen:

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3679
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby abhijitm » 18 Jun 2013 08:22

^^ they want 1 to 1 exchange between Indian Rupee and paki Rupee.

Paul
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3546
Joined: 25 Jun 1999 11:31
Contact:

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Paul » 18 Jun 2013 08:24


Artillery school gets 25 defence security corps personnel


Santosh Sonawane, TNN Jun 16, 2013, 04.26AM IST

NASHIK: As many as 25 personnel of the Defence service corps (DSC) have been deployed for security duty on the premises of the school of artillery in Deolali.

This is the first time the DSC personnel have been deployed at the artillery school, though their posting at the location was approved 10 years ago.

Sources in the artillery school said the personnel were placed at the ammunition depot and the army personnel who used to earlier man the point have been shifted to other locations where their services are required.

Nine of the school's gates are at important locations and civilians are permitted to enter from here only after their identities as well as the purpose of their visit are verified.

The artillery school's security came into focus when Sheikh Lalbaba Farid alias Bilal, a LeT member who was arrested by the Anti-terrorist squad ( ATS) from Satpur, Nashik, revealed he had carried out a recce of the army camp in Deolali, the Nashik police commissionerate and the Maharashtra police academy.

The army camp in Deolali, where officers of the Indian army receive their gunner training, is one of the most important establishments in Nashik. The school of artillery was moved to Deolali in 1941, along with field and air defence wing. Further the surveillance and target acquisition wing ( SATA) was established in 1958, while the trails wing was established to evaluate equipment for induction in 1969.

The artillery school has the capacity to train 2,000 gunners and many army officers from other countries also receive gunner's training there.

Army officials said officers from other countries are given only the required training and it is ensured that they do not attend the lectures in which the nations security and other important things are discussed.

The school of artillery has a 35 km firing range, while practice for longer ranges is done at Pokhran.



Maharashtra Police Academy residents feel cop heat after terror alert

NASHIK: With the Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) on the radar of terror outfits, the city police have started conducting a survey of residents staying in buildings around the MPA, in addition to stepping up security arrangements around and within the academy.

According to officials, 11 sub inspectors have been entrusted with gathering details on every household in the vicinity training institute. Deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Sandeep Diwan said that demographic information such as number of family members, their native place and occupation, were being noted down.

People surveyed also included those residing in the Utkarsha and Siddhartha Nagar slums. Ameeting of residentail colony representatives was also conducted with an appeal to them to remain vigilant and inform the police about any suspicious activity in addition to keeping them updated on lease or rental activitiy in the area.

The security of the MPA along Nashik-Trimbak Road has become a major issue after Lashkar terrorist Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal gave a statement to the Delhi police that his outfit had planned an attack on the MPA in 2009 and the outfit might still be working on the plan. Last month the Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) had reportedly revealed that Jundal was the mastermind behind the attack that was to be carried out on MPA in 2010. Meanwhile Sheikh Lalbaba Farid, alias Bilal, another LeT member, had also carried out a reccee of the Nashik police commissionerate and the Deolali army camp before he was arrested by the ATS from Satpur in September 2010.

In the light of these terror-driven activities, the police have also sought two platoons of state reserve police force (SRPF).

After Bilal was arrested by the ATS, MPA had beefed up its security arrangements in its premises. Recently, the police also clamped a ban on vehicle parking along the institute. Police have said action would also be taken on landlords and others who do not report tenancy information to the police

Attacks are on Defence establishments are the next thing to do for the LET.....

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11195
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Gagan » 18 Jun 2013 08:39

While defense against attacks on our defence installations has to be done, something must be done to pre-empt these attacks.

For example, the PM can ask the track 2 people to tell the Pak Fauj and the ISI chiefs that any attack on Indian installations means that all bets are off, there will be similar and worser attacks on your own officer corps at random. Otherwise the pakistan terrorism will get out of hand.

abhijitm wrote:^^ they want 1 to 1 exchange between Indian Rupee and paki Rupee.

:lol:

arun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10248
Joined: 28 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby arun » 18 Jun 2013 08:40

SSridhar wrote:


Something wrong here. Are they planning to install a 90 Km long cryogenic pipeline to carry LNG ?


Sridhar, I presume what is being talked about is export by India of regasified liquefied natural gas rather than liquefied natural gas.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8189
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Peregrine » 18 Jun 2013 14:17

Take, Do the Talk!

Cut defence budget by Rs50b and I’ll withdraw GST increase : Dar

ISLAMABAD : Stuffed with tax increases aplenty, the budget has already started drawing flak from politicians for its inflationary impact but faced with opposition, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar is offering a near impossible barter – trading a 1% increase in sales tax with a Rs5 0 billion cut in military spending.


Cut the Defence Budget by Pak. Rs. 500 Billion and reduce the "Budget Deficit" by Pak. Rs. 500 Billion. Thus Pakistan will have to beg US$ Five Billion LESS!

Cheers Image

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8118
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Pratyush » 18 Jun 2013 15:30

Pak: Hafeez Saeed group gets 61 mn from govt

The government of Pakistan's Punjab province has allocated millions of rupees in its budget for fiscal 2013-14 for the largest centre of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, considered a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Besides a grant-in-aid of over Rs. 61 million for the JuD centre known as
'Markaz-e-Taiba', the provincial government has allocated Rs. 350 million for setting up a "Knowledge Park" at the centre and other development initiatives.

Details of the allocations were presented in budget documents tabled in the Punjab assembly on Monday by the PML-N government led by chief minister Shahbaz Sharif.

One document stated: "Grant-in-aid to chief administrator Muridkey Markaz (is) Rs. 61.35 million." The JuD's centre is located at Muridkay on the outskirts of Lahore.

In his budget speech in the assembly, finance minister Mujtaba Shujaur Rehman announced that the provincial government "intends to establish a Knowledge Park in Muridkey".

He said the government had allocated Rs. 350 million for the park and several other initiatives in Punjab.

Shortly after the UN Security Council designated the JuD, a front for the LeT in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks, the Punjab government took over the centre in Muridkey.

At that time too, Punjab was ruled by the PML-N. Since then, the government has allocated money in its annual budget for the administration of the centre in Muridkey.

In 2009-10, the government provided more than Rs. 82 million for the administration of JuD facilities.

In fiscal 2010-11, cxhief minister Sharif, using his discretionary powers, allocated two separate grants for JuD facilities.

The government granted Rs. 79.77 million for six organisations at Markaz-e-Taiba and a special grant-in-aid of Rs. 3 million for the JuD’s Al-Dawa School System in several districts of Punjab.

Officials have said in the past that the allocations were needed to continue "welfare services" provided by the JuD’s schools, dispensaries and hospitals across the province of 90 million.

In the past, the Punjab government defended its decision of allocating money to the JuD by saying the grants had been awarded for the administrator of the Markaz-e-Toiba.

There is no formal ban on the JuD and its chief, Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, lives freely in Lahore despite a 10-million dollar bounty offered for him by the US.



And India wants to make peace with Pakistan.

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11195
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Gagan » 18 Jun 2013 15:52

The Sharif biradhers are buying protection and cosying up with the ISI and Pak Fauj by giving Zakat to JUD.
Plain and simple onlee.
The JUD protects theirr punjabi vote bank, and keeps the Sharifs away from Qadris, Lampposts, and Fauji gallows.

harbans
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4883
Joined: 29 Sep 2007 05:01
Location: Dehradun

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby harbans » 18 Jun 2013 16:20

Something wrong here. Are they planning to install a 90 Km long cryogenic pipeline to carry LNG ?


LNG is exported by Ships too. No pipe line needed. Gujarat to Kraachi short distance.

Image

Image

Narad
BRFite
Posts: 846
Joined: 04 Jan 2010 15:15

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Narad » 18 Jun 2013 16:25

Mash-a-allah Rcase Ji.. :lol:

Reminds me of an old tweet by my fourth cousin
Market Pakistan as a destination for extreme adventure. Adrenaline junkies can come & pretend to be Shia or Ahmedi for a week.
Last edited by Narad on 18 Jun 2013 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

Narad
BRFite
Posts: 846
Joined: 04 Jan 2010 15:15

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Narad » 18 Jun 2013 16:25

-------

Anindya
BRFite
Posts: 1539
Joined: 02 Feb 2003 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Anindya » 18 Jun 2013 18:43

India moves closer to hosting a Pakistani panel in connection with 26-11 probe

Moving closer to host a Pakistani judicial commission, which will cross-examine four witnesses in the 2611 Mumbai terror attack case, New Delhi has sent copies of the Bombay high court order in this regard and statements of the witnesses, to Islamabad.
"Pakistan will produce these documents before its anti-terror court in Rawalpindi and decide on the date of visit of its judicial commission", said a senior home ministry official.

He said Islamabad was likely to take a decision on this soon, as there had been no issue pending before it or India, in this regard. "Since the Bombay high court has already given its approval, we don't expect any obstacle from Pakistani court now," he added.
The agreement on the second visit of the panel was finalized on December 25 last year in Islamabad, following several rounds of discussions on complex technical and legal issues between a four-member visiting Indian delegation and Pakistani officials.

During its visit, the Indian team secured assurance from Pakistani authorities that the findings of the second judicial commission would not be summarily rejected by the anti-terrorism court that is conducting the trial of the seven Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists including the outfit's operational commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.

saip
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3636
Joined: 17 Jan 2003 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby saip » 18 Jun 2013 18:58


SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23758
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby SSridhar » 18 Jun 2013 19:15

Anindya wrote:India moves closer to hosting a Pakistani panel in connection with 26-11 probe
During its visit, the Indian team secured assurance from Pakistani authorities that the findings of the second judicial commission would not be summarily rejected by the anti-terrorism court that is conducting the trial of the seven Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists including the outfit's operational commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.

TSP keeps claiming that its judiciary is independent and that is why it is unable to imprison terrorists who get frequently released because of lack of evidence etc. Then, how can India extract from GoP that this time around, the ATC would not reject the findings of the second judicial commission ?

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23758
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby SSridhar » 18 Jun 2013 19:22

arun wrote:Sridhar, I presume what is being talked about is export by India of regasified liquefied natural gas rather than liquefied natural gas.

Arun, isn't TSP able to have an LNG terminal with regassification facility that it wants India to import LNG and re-export to TSP ?

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23758
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby SSridhar » 18 Jun 2013 19:25

harbans wrote:LNG is exported by Ships too. No pipe line needed. Gujarat to Kraachi short distance.

harbans, normally it is ships that carry LNG. The pipelines, if at all they are used, are for very short distances, like for example ship to shore etc. But, this project speaks of 90 Kms of pipelines which is quite long, AFAIK. Unless regassified, as 'arun' says.

shyamoo
BRFite
Posts: 483
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby shyamoo » 18 Jun 2013 19:29

Neatly done saar.
RCase wrote:
Baikul wrote:...
5. Water Sports - Although Al Bakistan is home to mightly rivers, misfortunately the Yindians have built hundreds of dams and stolen all the water, thereby killing the prospects for water sports. However, you must try the sport of car racing with the cars running on a water kit.

Not all water sport has been killed off. Al Bakistanis do enjoy their golden s h o w e r s!! Furriners are requested to provide those in lieu of payment..

arun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10248
Joined: 28 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby arun » 18 Jun 2013 20:27

SSridhar wrote:
arun wrote:Sridhar, I presume what is being talked about is export by India of regasified liquefied natural gas rather than liquefied natural gas.


Arun, isn't TSP able to have an LNG terminal with regassification facility that it wants India to import LNG and re-export to TSP ?



Sridhar, LNG receiving, storage and regasification terminals are an expensive proposition. As an example the 5 mtpa Kochi facility of GAIL which is scheduled to come on line next month costs INR 43 Billion. That’s money the bankrupt beggars next door do not have. Indeed the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has to date not managed to scrounge the money to establish any such LNG receiving, storage and regasification terminal.

Anyway the plan now seems to be for the Islamic Republic to sponge off India by latching onto GAIL’s receiving, storage and 10 mtpa regasification terminal at Dahej in Gujarat and besides that also latching onto GAIL’s 2200 km pipeline that transports the regasified LNG from Dahej to Bhatinda in Punjab via Vijaipur, Dadri, Bawana, and Nangal.
Last edited by arun on 18 Jun 2013 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

Rajagopal
BRFite
Posts: 118
Joined: 24 Aug 2011 00:10
Location: Canada

Pakistan's efforts are acknowledged very well.

Postby Rajagopal » 18 Jun 2013 20:28

AOA! I had long awaited for this day and it has come!!

Review the below video on the BBC website. Closely listen from 2:50 to 2:58. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22941966

Gagan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11195
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 22:25

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Gagan » 18 Jun 2013 20:30

This LNG thing is dangerous.
The Baloch are blowing up the pipelines coming out of Balochistan (including Sui) where the gas fields are.
Pakistan is using this gas to supply to mainly their Punjab, mostly two cities - Lahore and Islamabad-Pindi.

Now India / MMS government is talking about laying pipelines or transporting the LNG, unmolested to India, extracted / stolen out of Balochistan by Pakistan.

Is this a good move, hain ji?

arun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10248
Joined: 28 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby arun » 18 Jun 2013 20:49

saip wrote:Has Friday come early in Pakistan?

Suicide blast at Mardan funeral kills 20, including PTI lawmaker


It would appear so. Anyway the death toll in this demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan has climbed resulting in Dawn amending the headline to read "kills 28" from the previous "kills 20".

Anindya
BRFite
Posts: 1539
Joined: 02 Feb 2003 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Anindya » 18 Jun 2013 21:00

The Pakistani connection to global jihad - please note that the school being discussed was recommended by a cousin in the US - so, much for Pakistani education reaching Unkil's shores...

Concerns over online Qur'an teaching as ex-Pakistan militants instruct pupils

With his track record as a member of the political arm of a banned terrorist organisation, Mian Shahzib is unlikely to ever be given a visa to enter Britain.

But that does not stop the jovial 33-year-old from giving British children religious instruction every day from the comfort of his home in Pakistan.

He spends hours each night sitting under a fluorescent light in the courtyard of a small mosque in Lahore, peering into a laptop as children first from the Middle East, then Europe and North America spend half an hour after school talking to him over a faltering Skype line. "Put on your cap and wash your hands," he told a 12-year-old boy sitting in a large office chair in his parents' home in Edinburgh.

After checking the boy had memorised various prayers to get him through the day, including a special blessing for exiting and entering the toilet, he got down to business, helping the boy read aloud the classical Arabic of a few verses of the Qur'an.

The fact that a hardcore Islamist and long-term follower of the UN-proscribed Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has daily access to children in the west is likely to fuel concerns about religious radicals spreading their message.

Shahzib's website, Easy Qur'an Memorising, makes no mention of his history and is one of hundreds of such online companies, some of which advertise on satellite channels broadcasting to the Pakistani diaspora. They are part of a little-known outsourcing boom fuelled by parents of Pakistani origin turning to Qur'an teachers in Pakistan. "It's just like a call centre where you are saving a lot of money by getting someone overseas to do it much more cheaply," said Fawad Rana, a property developer in Solihull who has used Qur'an teachers for his two sons for the past three years....

The organisation is on the UN's list of sanctioned organisations because of its alleged association with al-Qaida and is considered a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the 2008 terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

As a young man, Shahzib helped prepare young JuD militants before they crossed the line of control that marks the unrecognised border between Pakistani and Indian-held Kashmir. His job was to motivate them with religious teachings and to fill their heads with tales of Indian soldiers raping Muslim women. He was briefly arrested after falling out with his old mentor, Hafiz Saeed, the JuD leader, who lives openly in Lahore but who is subject to a US reward of $10m (£6.36m) for information leading to his arrest. Shahzib believes Saeed has bent to demands from Pakistan's security establishment to rein in militancy in Kashmir.

"I told him to his face that he had betrayed the jihad," he said. These days he still follows the "philosophy" of JuD, even if he is not an active member.

Anujan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6944
Joined: 27 May 2007 03:55

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Anujan » 18 Jun 2013 21:29

30 people given their 72 including a ex-ANP party guy in a IED Mubarak.

arun
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10248
Joined: 28 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby arun » 18 Jun 2013 21:39

Anindya wrote:The Pakistani connection to global jihad - please note that the school being discussed was recommended by a cousin in the US - so, much for Pakistani education reaching Unkil's shores...

Concerns over online Qur'an teaching as ex-Pakistan militants instruct pupils

With his track record as a member of the political arm of a banned terrorist organisation, Mian Shahzib is unlikely to ever be given a visa to enter Britain.

But that does not stop the jovial 33-year-old from giving British children religious instruction every day from the comfort of his home in Pakistan.

He spends hours each night sitting under a fluorescent light in the courtyard of a small mosque in Lahore, peering into a laptop as children first from the Middle East, then Europe and North America spend half an hour after school talking to him over a faltering Skype line. "Put on your cap and wash your hands," he told a 12-year-old boy sitting in a large office chair in his parents' home in Edinburgh.

After checking the boy had memorised various prayers to get him through the day, including a special blessing for exiting and entering the toilet, he got down to business, helping the boy read aloud the classical Arabic of a few verses of the Qur'an.

The fact that a hardcore Islamist and long-term follower of the UN-proscribed Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has daily access to children in the west is likely to fuel concerns about religious radicals spreading their message.

Shahzib's website, Easy Qur'an Memorising, makes no mention of his history and is one of hundreds of such online companies, some of which advertise on satellite channels broadcasting to the Pakistani diaspora. They are part of a little-known outsourcing boom fuelled by parents of Pakistani origin turning to Qur'an teachers in Pakistan. "It's just like a call centre where you are saving a lot of money by getting someone overseas to do it much more cheaply," said Fawad Rana, a property developer in Solihull who has used Qur'an teachers for his two sons for the past three years....

The organisation is on the UN's list of sanctioned organisations because of its alleged association with al-Qaida and is considered a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the 2008 terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

As a young man, Shahzib helped prepare young JuD militants before they crossed the line of control that marks the unrecognised border between Pakistani and Indian-held Kashmir. His job was to motivate them with religious teachings and to fill their heads with tales of Indian soldiers raping Muslim women. He was briefly arrested after falling out with his old mentor, Hafiz Saeed, the JuD leader, who lives openly in Lahore but who is subject to a US reward of $10m (£6.36m) for information leading to his arrest. Shahzib believes Saeed has bent to demands from Pakistan's security establishment to rein in militancy in Kashmir.

"I told him to his face that he had betrayed the jihad," he said. These days he still follows the "philosophy" of JuD, even if he is not an active member.


Errrr Ummm "a special blessing for exiting and entering the toilet" is present in the Koran / Quran :roll: :?: .

Anyway article carries interesting comments by a retired uniformed Jihadi of the Pakistan Army, a Colonel Sultan Chaudri who “inspired by a call-centre model of global outsourcing” aka IT :wink: , runs an online Mohammadden religious text teaching institute:

Chaudri does not allow his staff to use a webcam when teaching. Instead, the teachers in Lahore simply share a page of text from the Qur'an which the student, who will rarely be able to understand the Arabic words, then attempts to read.

"It is not good to let them see into the houses," he said. "I have seen that after 10 days the teachers will fall in love with the lady of the house, or the daughter of the house; they will send letters saying 'I love you very much.'" :roll: :lol:

Also, he wants to spare his clients from having to look at the unkempt religious young men who work for him. "They don't take care of their beard. They are not very pleasant to look at." :lol:

nachiket
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7227
Joined: 02 Dec 2008 10:49

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby nachiket » 18 Jun 2013 21:56

I don't understand this LNG business. We ourselves import LNG from Oman IIRC. So are we supposed to import more to account for paki demand and then re-export the imported LNG to them? :-? Why can't the pakis get it directly from Oman or Qatar like we do?

Edit: Sorry, hadn't read Arun's post about LNG terminals being too expensive for the beggar state.

kenop
BRFite
Posts: 1333
Joined: 01 Jun 2009 07:28

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby kenop » 18 Jun 2013 22:28

nachiket wrote:Edit: Sorry, hadn't read Arun's post about LNG terminals being too expensive for the beggar state.


Hainji. Bhat kuffar ij that?
Choosers can't be beggers. Don't you know Pakhanastan chooses what it wants? It gives a list to its friends and enemies and things are delivered.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53475
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby ramana » 18 Jun 2013 22:35

nachiket wrote:I don't understand this LNG business. We ourselves import LNG from Oman IIRC. So are we supposed to import more to account for paki demand and then re-export the imported LNG to them? :-? Why can't the pakis get it directly from Oman or Qatar like we do?

Edit: Sorry, hadn't read Arun's post about LNG terminals being too expensive for the beggar state.



Bottomline they want India to give jaziya as subsidy to their import of LNG.

India is saying we dont spare even our least income folks so why should we subsidise you. The other Chunkian (not Chanakyan) idea is by having the beggars on the gas dole they can be throttled as needed.

But with DIElite and gunga-jaamuni* culture its not possible.

*play on Gunga dins in charge and eating jamuns.

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 5558
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 21:19

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby vishvak » 18 Jun 2013 23:28

The aukaat of pukis in mullahdom is that pukis are to get no more than 0.5% concession from ummah birathers and that too only for 20-year contract. Even then pukis have to deal with another fourfather USA's company and not directly.

But that has not stopped puki beggars to demand 20% jiziya outright, its like Indians can not demand profits on exports - which is totally unheard of! Why should Indians work for pukis, use the machinery and not even get profits out of exports?

The bottomline is that pukis have refused to pay up for gas as demanded by Indians and the matter should end there. No more naach-gaanaa of jiziya demand should be given any attention. It is unbelievable that addiction to pay jiziya can get to this at the cost of Indians paying the govt from own pockets.

Pukis are independent and can get any help they need from ummah brothers.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1224
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Kati » 18 Jun 2013 23:44

^^^^
If TSP wants to store its LNG in India then it's not such a bad idea. It can be used as a security deposit by Bharat.
Next time any piglet bursts a firecracker here, the expenses can be deducted from that security deposit.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8189
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Peregrine » 19 Jun 2013 03:19

SSridhar wrote:
arun wrote:Sridhar, I presume what is being talked about is export by India of regasified liquefied natural gas rather than liquefied natural gas.

Arun, isn't TSP able to have an LNG terminal with regassification facility that it wants India to import LNG and re-export to TSP ?


SSridhar Ji :

Since 2007 Pakistan’s has been talking about its LNG “ambitions” which was to have a Floating LNG Terminal.

The last I heard was per the following Article :

Energy crisis : Govt to re-start Mashal LNG import project

The government is also likely to offer a charge of 50 cents per mmbtu to the company which will set up LNG floating storage and re-gasification units.


For your guidance even Kakinada is on its way to set up a FSRU based LNG Terminal :

Floating LNG terminal at Kakinada port soon

Andhra Pradesh Gas Distribution Corporation Ltd (APGDC) and the Kakinada Seaport Ltd (KSPL) Monday signed an MoU to set up AP’s first floating, storage and re-gasification unit (FSRU) based LNG terminal at the deep-water port at Kakinada on the east coast in East Godavari district.


Aw you are aware Pakistan has various Dreams which seemingly remain just that i.e. Dreams.

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8189
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Peregrine » 19 Jun 2013 04:09

Kati wrote:^^^^
If TSP wants to store its LNG in India then it's not such a bad idea. It can be used as a security deposit by Bharat.
Next time any piglet bursts a firecracker here, the expenses can be deducted from that security deposit.


Kati Ji :

Pakistan does not want to store its LNG in India.

What they want is for India to supply Natural Gas i.e. Re-Gasified LNG - most likely from Dahej or Hajira - which is presently being supplied to consumers in North India to be transported onwards by Pipeline to Pakjab.

Pakistan wants India to supply Re-Gasified LNG at the same Price that it gets from Qatar. In addition to the Price of LNG in Qatar India pays for Transportation, Insurance, Re-gasification, Cost of Transportation and possibly transit dues to the Indian States through which the Pipeline Passes. This additional cost could be in the range of US$ 2.5 to 3.5 per mmbtu.

In addition I will not be surprised if the cost of Qatar LNG from the Initial Contract is possibly 25% of today's spot rates.

Cheers Image

Rohit_K
BRFite
Posts: 563
Joined: 09 Nov 2006 22:53
Location: atop Sukkur Barage

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Rohit_K » 19 Jun 2013 05:17


Nandu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2195
Joined: 08 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Nandu » 19 Jun 2013 06:02

And they really are doing it for the bum (i.e. defence budget).
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-8 ... 20s-remedy

Anujan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6944
Joined: 27 May 2007 03:55

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Postby Anujan » 19 Jun 2013 06:13

Narad wrote:Mash-a-allah Rcase Ji.. :lol:

Reminds me of an old tweet by my fourth cousin
Market Pakistan as a destination for extreme adventure. Adrenaline junkies can come & pretend to be Shia or Ahmedi for a week.

:rotfl:

The problem with selling LNG is that next they will ask for credit and then loan forgiveness. If we cut the gas off, everyone will go "Jeeehaaaarrddd!! Plebiscite to determine where LNG wants to go!! Solidarity of pindi channa gas with natural gas!!!"


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mmasand, vijayk and 64 guests