Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Aug 21, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Aug 21, 2013

Post by abhijitm »

joygoswami wrote:Might be inappropriate to post here, but after seeing Ilyas Kashmiri face, I remebered this blog. It somehow gives me immense satisfaction. This American guy has made large collection pigs being killed in Kashmir. Do check the first 2 pages. RIP Capt Kalia and his team, forever.

DEAD PAKISTANI TERRORISTS IN KASHMIR PICS ARCHIEVE

Graphic Warning**
Thanks. Made my day.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Update: 25 shops damaged, 17 completely, as IED went off near Liaqat Market #Swabi
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

I don't know how pakis would react after reading this :mrgreen: . Their best friend China is insulting & humiliating Islam and ardents of Islam.

Chinese anti-veil 'beauty' campaign sows ugly tensions

A Chinese government worker in the ancient Silk Road oasis of Kashgar beckons two women to her streetside stand and logs their details under the gaze of a surveillance camera. Their offence: wearing veils. :D

The "Project Beauty" campaign aims to discourage women from covering their faces — a religious practice for some Muslim Uighurs :mrgreen: , the largest ethnic group in China's Xinjiang region — in an attempt to improve security.

Other residents said that to enter government offices, banks or courts, women had to remove their veils and men shave their beards, another Muslim practice. :rotfl:
So devote muslims could not enter government offices, banks or courts. :P Only places they could go are Jail or mosques.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hand it to the Commies to come up with innocuous names!

Project Beauty!
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

But that's gender discrimination! They should start a foreskin rejuvenation project (FRP) too!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:But that's gender discrimination! They should start a foreskin rejuvenation project (FRP) too!
FYI, many wimmen from ME/ paki go there for Virginity restoration medical procedure like restoring the entry door of ancient Khandhar or Purani street.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

^Yes. I know. OT, but Genital Mutilation is one of the greatest crimes committed by the Abrahamic God against his followers.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is Sindhi as written in TSP based on Arabic or Persian script?

I know Persian script is derived from Arabic script.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

^^ Persian script with additions for Indian phonetics.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Abdul Razzaq paki alrounder was robber by fellow countrymen. :mrgreen:

Abdul Razzaq robbed of his passport, valuables
Robbers broke into my house at around 5:30am through the washroom window and took away the locker from the room, which had my passport, around 38 ounces (around 1kg) of gold and 8,000 dollars and 2,500 pounds,” Razzaq told reporters
While reading this news, found something interesting about wealthy pakisatan called 'One dish rule' :rotfl:
This is the second incident of a Pakistani cricketer landing trouble in the past two days. Earlier, a case was registered against Pakistani cricketer Wahab Riaz for violating “one dish” rule at a party he arranged ahead of his marriage at his residence in Lahore.

A police team raided his Garden Town residence and registered an FIR under section 188 of Pakistan Penal Code against him for violating a ban on serving more than one dish at marriage ceremonies.

Riaz's wedding is scheduled for November 28. In Punjab, a province of 90 million, the government has banned serving more than one dish at marriage functions.
Eagerly waiting for the day when pakis have to eat 'grass'. May be this is why pakis want uninterrupted & uninterruptible dialogue with India, They would atleast have a hearty meal. :lol:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^ Bakis are following in the footsteps of their tarrel fliend. Sweeter than honey friend has a 'one child' rule. But that would be unislamic. Hence Bakis have a 'one dish' rule.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Newsreports say Gen Kiyani unveiled ( :D ) a couple of new drones (should be no problem as there are many drones in TSP) called Burraq and Shahbar(z?) Both will be unarmed (as all drones in TSP are :!: )

Isnt Burraq the winged she horse that Muhammad rode in his flight of fantasy to Jerusalem?
Is it haraam to ride winged horses in TSP?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

indigenous = locally made

pindigenous = copied and made in TSP eg. TSP nukes
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:Newsreports say Gen Kiyani unveiled ( :D ) a couple of new drones (should be no problem as there are many drones in TSP) called Burraq and Shahbar(z?) Both will be unarmed (as all drones in TSP are :!: )Isnt Burra Q the winged she horse that Muhammad rode in his flight of fantasy to Jerusalem?
Is it haraam to ride winged horses in TSP?
It was the Winged donkey and not Horse. Allah has Blessed his favourite country Pakistan with Many Winged Donkeys of different shapes, color and gender. They all fly freely in the clouds when Dronacharya is resting.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

ramana wrote:indigenous = locally made
pindigenous = copied and made in TSP eg. TSP nukes
pindigenous stands for "p"ainted (usually green) to make it look "indigenous".
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Even the saudis, who are the original keepers of the desert cult, will shy away from such kissing up to their faith by naming war equipment after religious artifacts and persons. Trust the pakis to have no qualms about this methodology. Everything they copy or paint over has a name with a religious basis. The "sword of ali - al zulfiqar"...and so on.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Posting in Full :

If hardliners take over, Pakistan will be like Iran without oil : Hussain Haqqani

Hussain Haqqani just released second book, Magnificent Delusions : Pakistan, the United States, and an Epic History of Misunderstanding is a searing critique of the dysfunctional relationship between Washington and Islamabad. The book has earned rave reviews for the candor with which Haqqani explains this dysfunction, sparing no one -- not even Americans who have made one mistake after another in dealing with an errant state. It has also made him a persona non grata in Pakistan with no immediate prospect of his return to a country where he is on the hit-list, not the best-seller list. Here, Haqqani explains to foreign editor Chidanand Rajghatta where he is coming from and where he is headed :

Q : The candor with which you have written this book... could you and did you express such views while you were in office as an ambassador?

A : Of course, at the operational level one chooses one's words carefully as an ambassador than as an author. But those who saw me work as an ambassador know that I tried to be as candid as possible. I am a firm believer in the need for Pakistan to overcome its contrived narratives. We cannot make progress without first recognizing the past, forget about confronting the past. Benazir Bhutto's vision for Pakistan, when she went back, was to exorcise past demons, change the culture of political confrontation, bring the jihadi menace to an end, open good relations with India, and help Pakistan realize its potential as a nation instead of being in constant fear of being eliminated.

I fully agreed with that vision and I was supposed to be the man who carried out the America-Pakistan part of that makeover.

Q : This is the same Benazir Bhutto who allowed the jihad to proceed unhindered and the same Hussain Haqqani who was part of the Jamiat at one time? Was this an evolutionary process?

A : Mohamed Ali Jinnah was the same Jinnah who was called ambassador of Hindu-Muslim unity. People evolve through experience. Politics also has its own constraints. India has many leaders who have wanted to give far more than they have been able to accomplish. Journalists always tend to remember who said what when. The march of history always moves forward. Things change. In my case, there is a clear trajectory. I may not have been able to understand the internal dynamics of the Islamist-Military alliance if I was not in Jamiat as a young man. Similarly Benazir Bhutto would not have understood many of the things she realized about Pakistan's structural issues if she was not persecuted the way she was by the military establishment.

Q : Who in the Pakistani military and political establishment gets this? Does Gen Kiyani understand the need to change the false narrative?

A : I can't name names of who gets it. I would say a lot more people get it in private than are willing to concede in public. Sometimes the dynamics of power are such that people recognize a problem but they do not want to acknowledge it. I think more and more people within the military are starting to recognize that the jihadi menace could devour Pakistan.

Q : Does this involve also overcoming Pakistan's India-centrism?

A : Many things. Pakistan cannot forever live as a nation that takes arms from America to confront India. At some point we have to have good relations with our neighbors. Right now the U.S-Pak relations is mostly about aid and arms. It should be about trade and investment. General Motors and General Electric should matter more than General Dempsey and General Kayani.

Q : Your book is also unsparing about American policy makers who have fed this Pakistani delusion - several of them were in the audience when you were critiquing this policy.

A : Foreign policy making is always complex. And when you are at different levels of making it you look at it differently. When you are at first secretary your ability to influence policy is different from when you are an ambassador which is different from when you are foreign secretary and then the foreign minister and so on. So circumstances change. I think a lot more Americans now agree with my analysis (of not feeding and pandering to Pakistani delusions) than when I first started making the same analysis about ten years ago.

Q : Speaking of delusions, you were talking about a Punjab university professor who has written about the United States planting microchips in the brains of Pakistanis ...

A : Yes, these are the kinds of people Pakistan is producing. Trying to forge nationhood by encouraging bigotry and prejudice always backfires. Nationalism should be based on positive ideals not on fear and hatred of others.

Q : But the military-mosque alliance you talk about seem to be the vocal majority controlling the narrative. Look at the way they have now fined Pakistan TV channels which are supposed to have excessive Indian content. How does one reverse this?

A : In many nations, narratives that have taken hold have been reversed. The narrative in Japan before 1945 was one of militarism and conquest. It changed. Circumstances will make Pakistan change the narrative too. We will have to embrace pluralism.

Q : How do you convince a Pakistani mind that believes the country's founding father fought for a country on the basis of religion and exclusivism?

A : I think Pakistan cannot remain isolated. When the rest of the world discusses Pakistan and recognizes the need for a pluralistic Pakistan, it will slowly seep into Pakistan. If it doesn't then Pakistan risks international isolation and that will have its own consequences. When I was a young man I could travel to England without a visa. Now Pakistanis cannot even go to Sri Lanka. Pakistanis have to recognize that their global stature is becoming less and less. If the hardliners gain further momentum and take over the state...

Q : You don't think that has already happened.

A : If that happens then Pakistan will be like Iran without oil.

Cheers Image
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

joygoswami wrote:Might be inappropriate to post here, but after seeing Ilyas Kashmiri face, I remebered this blog. It somehow gives me immense satisfaction. This American guy has made large collection pigs being killed in Kashmir. Do check the first 2 pages. RIP Capt Kalia and his team, forever.

Graphic Warning**
inappropriate?

I nominate your post for best post of the week.

This should be up in that OP post of this thread.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Naa Waaz launches country’s largest nuclear power project
http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?pa ... 2013_pg1_1
KARACHI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday launched the construction of the country’s biggest atomic power plant and vowed to pursue further projects to make nuclear the largest energy source.The 2,200-megawatt plant is to be built with Chinese technical assistance on the Arabian Sea coast at Paradise Beach, 40 kilometres west of Karachi. Pakistan already has three operational nuclear plants generating a total of around 740MW of power and has begun work on a fourth, in addition to the one launched Tuesday. The government hopes nuclear energy will ultimately provide a relatively low-cost solution to the power cuts.
“This is one of the first steps of our goal of racing towards a loadshedding-free Pakistan,” Nawaz told the audience at the site of the plant. The World Nuclear Association has estimated the cost of the new project at nearly $10 billion. Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission engineers will work on the project with help from the China Atomic Energy Authority. As Pakistan is not party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty it is excluded from the international trade in nuclear materials and technology, and can rely only on its neighbour China for help.Nawaz pledged to increase nuclear power generation capacity to 40,000MW in the long term as part of his energy plan. The setting up of the nuclear power plant is part of a string of projects aimed at overcoming the power shortage, which include wind energy generation of 2500MW, CASA project of 1000MW and Tarbella-V extension project, which is to be completed by 2017. The government has already initiated work on the Pakistan Power Park at Gaddani, which will have 10 coal-based power projects of 660MW each, besides plans to import LNG that will help reduce gas load-shedding from the next year. Prime Minister Nawaz termed the groundbreaking of the Coastal Power Project K-2 and K-3, which are to be completed in six years and generate 2200MW of electricity, “a proud moment in the energy history of Pakistan”. “I am grateful to the Chinese government for extending help and support to Pakistan in this hour of need,” he said. “Our mutually beneficial collaboration is spread over a wide range of projects in all geographical terrains, from the heights of the Karakoram to the waters of the Arabian Sea.” Nawaz said the enduring friendship that the two countries enjoyed and the unwavering support that Pakistan had been getting from the Chinese government at international forums, continued to be a source of great strength.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Some in Pakistan threatened by Thurkissh TV invasion
AbbuGubbuGhotalaMasala
Some of the Turkish shows feature actresses wearing miniskirts and showing cleavage, a far cry from the billowing shalwar kameez garments worn by most Pakistani women that hardly reveal skin."It is a big challenge," said Abid Ali, a veteran Pakistani TV star, while filming his latest show, Mere Apne, or My Loved Ones, in Karachi. "Turkish shows have very expensive productions our industry can't afford."
One of the most popular Turkish shows in Pakistan right now is Mera Sultan, or My Sultan, a period drama about the powerful Ottoman ruler Suleiman the Magnificent. The show is no Game of Thrones, but it does feature ornate Ottoman-style sets, scenes with horses and archery and beautifully designed costumes.
"The popularity of the Turkish shows has sparked concern from Pakistani politicians. The Senate committee responsible for information and broadcasting said at the end of last year that it was worried the shows would harm Pakistan's TV industry and featured content that ran counter to local cultural norms.Pakistani TV star Javeria Abbasi, who co-stars with Ali in Mere Apne, agreed, saying "if a Pakistani actress wears a miniskirt, nobody accepts it, but Turkish actresses are gaining popularity in these costumes."Turkey is also a majority Muslim country but is generally more liberal than Pakistan. Sometimes Pakistani TV channels blur miniskirts and low-cut tops worn by women in the Turkish shows in the name of propriety.

The Supreme Court of Pakistan also expressed concern last year about "obscenity" shown on local TV. The court specifically mentioned shows made in India, Pakistan's neighbor and archenemy. Indian shows have been popular in Pakistan for much longer than Turkish ones, and have sparked many of the same concerns. The popularity of Bollywood movies has also harmed Pakistan's local cinema industry.The shows have also sparked concern in the Middle East, where Muslim preachers have accused them of being un-Islamic and urged the faithful to change channels.Ansari said she wasn't persuaded by those who argue that the Turkish shows threatened Pakistani cultural norms."Local actresses and models also wear miniskirts on television programs and at award functions," Ansari said. "I agree that these costumes do not match Pakistani culture, but Turkish drama is all about Turkish culture, and people like it and have accepted it."
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote:
If hardliners take over, Pakistan will be like Iran without oil : Hussain Haqqani

By that logical extension, if hardliners don't take over bakistan, what will bakistan be? Eyeran with oil? Arabia without oil? Or just an oil-less dungheap with no comparable? I bet the eyeranians do not take kindly to this comparison.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

It is a shame to equate Pakistan with Iran which has thousands of years of history, culture and traditions while Pakistan is some artificial entity created 60 odd years ago. I wonder how Iranians feel about that comparison.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

anupmisra wrote:
Peregrine wrote:

By that logical extension, if hardliners don't take over bakistan, what will bakistan be? Eyeran with oil? Arabia without oil? Or just an oil-less dungheap with no comparable? I bet the eyeranians do not take kindly to this comparison.
No. It will be like Afghanistan under the Taliban or Somalia. No oil, but lots of weapons and lawlessness. Though an oil-less dungheap with no comparable sounds very appealing, since it is the only nooclear armed, Islamic delusional state; producing pindigenously drones, fighter planes, missiles, water kit cars, gyrocopters etc.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan have plenty of Vasleen as substitue for oil. Then they have Chinese Master who will supply lube for pube to enjoy Khoob with PoaqB...s
Gwadar-Khunjrab Rail Link: Chinese conglomerate offers to build crucial rail link
4th Abbu Now First Paapa
KARACHI: A conglomerate of two leading Chinese construction companies, China Railway Engineering Corporation and Sinotec, has offered to construct the Gwadar-Khunjrab Rail Link at an estimated cost of Rs250 billion. This cost includes Rs160 billion for infrastructure and Rs90 billion for locomotives on electric traction. This investment is designed on a four-year, soft-loan term basis.Pointing out the strategic importance of Gwadar-Khunjrab Rail Link, Ping listed a number of benefits which could be availed once the project was operational. “The main aim of the link is to connect the Central Asian Republics with the Pakistan Railways Network,” said Ping. “This will immensely improve trade relations between China and Pakistan.”Ping further pointed out that this rail link can be used to supply oil from the Persian Gulf to Pakistan. Additionally, this network will bring tourism in Pakistan and create employment in Balochistan.While presenting their proposal, the representatives of the consortium suggested using electric traction as compared to the currently used diesel traction. They added that the use of electric traction will bring an added benefit of electricity on trains and railway stations. The team pointed out that electric traction has substantial benefits of approximately Rs32 billion per annum which included saving fuel cost, less staff required and elimination of power vans.Rafique appreciated the offer by the Chinese companies. “Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has highlighted the importance of the Gwader-Khunjrab Rail link several times,” said Rafique. “The offer will be given serious consideration and a decision will be reached soon.”
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

Graphic Warning**

AWESOME
I am thinking about sharing it on FB and Twitter
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Nawaz Sharif has chosen the next Martial law adminstrator

http://dawn.com/news/1058927
After weeks of intense speculation, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has finally made the selection of two senior army officers as Chief of Army Staff and Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee, highly placed sources told Dawn.com.

Lt Gen Raheel Sharif is being appointed as the COAS whereas Lt Gen Rashad Mahmood is being appointed as the CJCSC. Raheel was serving as Inspector General Training and Evaluation whereas Mahmood was serving as Chief of General Staff before their elevation to the top posts.

An official announcement of the appointments has however not been made.

The selection implies that frontrunner and the senior most military officer Lt Gen Haroon Aslam, currently serving as Chief of Logistic Staff, was ignored for the elevation.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

^
Confirmation to media comes from GHQ and not civvies :)
member_23455
BRFite

Post by member_23455 »

Raheel Sharif is brother of Shabbir Sharif who was awarded Nishaan-e-Haider posthomously in Suleimanki sector in 1971. He was commanding 6FF, Sam Bahadur's first regiment pre-Independence.

The Indian unit that took him on was 4 Jat, Saurabh Kalia's paltan.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Sam used to receive daily briefings on his paltan's performance in 1971.

Where does this leave the knave Kiyani!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Paul wrote:Sam used to receive daily briefings on his paltan's performance in 1971.

Where does this leave the knave Kiyani!
You mean H.E. Ambassador Kiyani?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Jhujar wrote:This investment is designed on a four-year, soft-loan term basis.
Investment as a soft loan (got to give it to the Chinese for inventing new ways of "loaning to owning")? At the end of four years what happens to the original principal? How is that repaid? I bet the terms are to only use Chinese labor and material.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

CIA's most senior officer in Pakistan 'unmasked' by Imran Khan's party :
.......... The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party named a man it claimed was head of the CIA station in Islamabad in a letter to police demanding he be nominated as one of the people responsible for a drone strike on 21 November, which killed five militants including senior commanders of the Haqqani Network.

John Brennan, the CIA director, was also nominated as an "accused person" for murder and "waging war against Pakistan".

The US embassy said it could not comment but was looking into the matter. The CIA spokesman Dean Boyd would not confirm the station chief's name and declined to immediately comment, AP reported.

If his identity is confirmed it will be the second time anti-drone campaigners have unmasked a top US spy in Pakistan.

In 2010 another CIA station chief, Jonathan Banks, was named in criminal proceedings initiated after a drone strike. Banks was forced to leave the country. ..............
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Jhujar wrote:Pakistan have plenty of Vasleen as substitue for oil. Then they have Chinese Master who will supply lube for pube to enjoy Khoob with PoaqB...s
Gwadar-Khunjrab Rail Link: Chinese conglomerate offers to build crucial rail link
4th Abbu Now First Paapa
KARACHI: A conglomerate of two leading Chinese construction companies, China Railway Engineering Corporation and Sinotec, has offered to construct the Gwadar-Khunjrab Rail Link at an estimated cost of Rs250 billion. Ping further pointed out that this rail link can be used to supply oil from the Persian Gulf to Pakistan.
Jhujar Ji :

1. The Khunjerab Pass is the highest paved international border crossing in the world and the highest point on the Karakoram Highway.

2. Mistel Song Shuan Ping has suffeled a vilulent attack of Pakistaning by his hosts. The Khunjelab Pass is the highest paved intelnational boldel clossing in the wolld and the highest point on the Kalakolam Highway. How can this Pakistan to China Railway Link be used to supply Oil from the Persian Gulf to the Land of the Pure and Home of the Terrorists?

Cheers Image
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

TTP may have unmasked the CIA
but
the CIA has un-panted the TSP
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Bio of Generally Sharif as given by ISPR.
Begins with a reference to his Martial Chicken Stock :lol:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Lilo wrote: Bio of Generally Sharif as given by ISPR.
Gen Sharif is Mushy's man. He is beholden to him in more than one way. Nawaz "ex-hairclub" Sharief should know that.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

anupmisra wrote:
Peregrine wrote:

The Truth Iran and Pakistan should not be compared, Pakistan ideal template is somalia and that is the direction they are heading and God speed to them
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

anupmisra wrote:
Lilo wrote: Bio of Generally Sharif as given by ISPR.
Gen Sharif is Mushy's man. He is beholden to him in more than one way. Nawaz "ex-hairclub" Sharief should know that.
That's right Nawaz Sharif has just appointed as COAS the man who could be very beholden to his enemy, Musharraf.

I was reading somewhere that Mushy was a great fan (perhaps even a course mate) of Sharif's elder brother, the one that won a posthumous Nishan-e-Haider. Mushy made it a point to groom the young 'un so now that he's COAS and all, this could get interesting.

OT, I note that the new COAs is the proud recipient of a Hilal-i-Imtiaz.

I can never read this without thinking that the next medal up would be Abey-Imtiaz-Hilata-Kyon-Nahi?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

kiya nahin was also meant to be mushy's man - but under him mushy still got arrested
sharief#3 (S^3?) may have been groomed by mushy (probably involved lots of mijjile maalish in younger dins in the rocket battery)
but like all tfta jarnails, he will be feeling the call of destiny
ganja loin probably thinks he's got away with it this time (i.e. no mushy redux), but in tsp_cuckoo_land, the civilian must always fly with one wing (and use the other to cover his back...)