Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRFite

Re: Positive News from the USA

Postby Manish_P » 04 Dec 2017 19:28

Son-of-a-bitch Ya mean it could be higher :eek:

Well i will be darned

:P

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 05 Dec 2017 03:56

Window on US.

Slowly NRIs are opening eyes

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/9 ... 6447093760

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 13 Jan 2018 07:17

Utah Deputies manage to hit suspect 3 times, a bystander once and missed a 4-year old passerby by inches.
With only 75 shots fired.

From "Trinity Is Still My Name":
The Wild Bunch. They're only a hundred. But they RIIIIIIDE as if they were a THOUUUUSAAAND

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 13 Jan 2018 07:19

ramana wrote:Window on US.
Slowly NRIs are opening eyes
https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/9 ... 6447093760

So the latest on CNN and ABC News is
DID THE PRESIDENT SAY "S***HOLE" OR NOT?
:roll:

arun
BRF Oldie

Postby arun » 13 Jan 2018 10:07

ABC, the other one i.e. the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

'I'm from a s***hole country': World reacts to 'racist' Donald Trump's comments :

Clicky

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 13 Jan 2018 23:26

Aussies are racist $h1t-holies, they have no locus standi

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 14 Jan 2018 02:24

Its got the Southern Baptist Convention worthies in a tizzy. :rotfl:

A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby A Nandy » 14 Jan 2018 19:36

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hawaii-inbound-ballistic-missile-alert-mistake-20180113-story.html
A false alarm that warned of a ballistic missile headed for Hawaii sent the islands into a panic Saturday, with people abandoning cars on a highway and preparing to flee their homes until officials said the cellphone alert was a mistake.

ricky_v
BRFite

Postby ricky_v » 19 Oct 2018 18:22

[Warning]Gentlemen, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/10/17952388/magic-ritual-spells-self-care-feminism-brett-kavanaugh
First, take a candle.

Then, pour some salt into your hand.

Then, keeping the grains in your palm, take a pen to write out a thank you to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman whose allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee — and now justice — Brett Kavanaugh, stunned a nation.

Or, if you prefer, simply say, “I believe you.”

Modern Wicca and other New Age traditions in the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s were tied to second-wave feminism. Witchcraft and ritual have become more prominently associated with progressive political causes in recent years with the rise of the contemporary #magicresistance. Last year, for example, a 13,000-strong Facebook group formed to cast regular binding spells on Donald Trump.

In the absence of effective, socially enforced structures by which abusers can face justice for their actions, rituals and ritual behavior take on a vital spiritual, psychological, and social role for survivors. They foster community and solidarity. They enable the processing of trauma. And for the 20 percent of Americans who identify as “spiritual but not religious,” rituals can provide a framework for finding meaning in trauma or pain.

as a nonbinary genderfluid person I’m focusing on integrating my own feminine and masculine (?!) aspects and moreover the abusive and abused parts of my psyche.”

If only more people of the world thought with their crotch the entire time, the world would have been such a "wonderful" place.
The historical nature of witchcraft has made it a particularly fruitful field for ritual. As the organizers of an upcoming “Hex Kavanaugh” event at Catland, a pagan bookstore and supply shop in Brooklyn, put it on their event page, “We are embracing witchcraft’s true roots as the magik of the poor, the downtrodden and disenfranchised and it’s [sic] history as often the only weapon, the only means of exacting justice available to those of us who have been wronged by men just like him.”

This shows a poor grasp of history itself, the one subject that the sociologists are expected to not fuk up.
The Magic Resistance — the Facebook group behind the Trump hexing — also focused their ritual efforts on Kavanaugh. n a “Bind Kavanaugh” spell performed before the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh on Saturday practitioners lit a white candle, symbolizing justice and purity, and placed the Justice tarot card adjacent to it on an altar, before wrapping a black thread around a paper doll, symbolizing Kavanaugh, to bind him. IPractitioners were encouraged to chant the names of Kavanaugh’s known accusers, binding him “in the name of” all those they believed he had wronged.

Similarly, artist Jasper Meadowsweet told me that they have started making protective charms to share with their like-minded friends as a gesture of solidarity and support. “They are made with various flower petals, herbs, and a few chips of amethyst, each placed carefully in layers while I focus on memories with the other person in which they are feeling happy, or calm, or loved.”

When you’ve exhausted all your tools, and you see the awful people winning, it can lead to despair. ... So we need to do things to counter that despair and hopelessness. Ritual is powerful in that respect. Putting aside questions of its efficacy, it absolutely works in transforming consciousness and empowering those who do it.”

These great minds are so ripe.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”