Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Positive News from the USA

Post by shiv »

I think too many bad things have been said about the US of late. Bad blood has been created because of a well meaning US attempt to free India of slavery.

I think I would support the idea mooted in another thread that we should have a thread for good and positive things from the US. Hopefully it will help reduce hurt feelings on at least one side.

My ***** **** is itching again. Few would remember the early days of lal madarsa and goat hunbandry. That is long out of fashion. This time the "Good News, Y'all!" is about own fair and lovely lady liberty. So, can we have a thread for our sunday services? Freedom of relijion pleaje. And only pure Americsn spirits and languaje.

Much obliged,
I would like to start with a link to a man who says Grow up India. The law is the law.
Grow up India. This is America where the rule of law has a higher respect than one which Indians can readily understand
The US was built up by immigrants such as the author of that blog who goes on to advise:
The average Indian has an absolute contempt for ethics and rule of law. Step into most Indian shops in New Jersey and you would see that customer satisfaction is a forgotten ethic.
We need to learn from these people and make amends.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by UlanBatori »

Americans like to be appreciated.
Young American Upholds Wimmen's Rights, Honor and Dignity in true Western Traditional style
her sister didn't appreciate all she did for her
Of course she is innocent... unless proven guilty by a jury of her peers. So NO crime has occurred. That's what is great about the US of A.

But of course Americans are more concerned about what happens on the other side of the world, where there is no rule of law and order and there is so much senseless violence.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I believe the Mumbai attacks could have been nipped in the bud if hotel waiters were allowed to carry guns. We need to take a cue from this.
Teachers need guns, says lawmaker whose son attended school with Colorado shooter
"We have armed security protecting banks and other valuables," Alan Gottlieb, president of the Second Amendment Foundation, told FoxNews.com. "Aren't our kids more valuable?"
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

People have always gone to the US for the freedom to make good money - the US is the richest country in the world. In fact an immigrant with no education and job still ends up earning the equivalent of Rs 10,000 a month - which would put him firmly in at least lower middle class in India
http://www.heritage.org/research/report ... -of-charts
The total population of the U.S. in that year was around 291 million. Dividing total means-tested expenditure ($583 billion) by the population (291 million) yields an average welfare spending figure of $2,003 per capita on means-tested welfare benefits. This is, of course, an artificial figure because most Americans do not receive means-tested benefits.
In fact the lower the education the better. You get Rs 20,000 per head per month. If an Indian man, woman and child with low education make to to the land of milk and honey, they get a family income of Rs 60,000 a month in benefits alone.
The lower the education of a family head, the more means-tested welfare aid a family is likely to receive. For example, in the whole U.S. population, families headed by persons without a high school diploma, on average, receive $4,461 in means-tested assistance per family member per year.
In fact minimum wage laws are generous. At about 9-10 dollars an hour one would get 1600 dollars for 160 hours of work a month (40 hour week) . That is a cool Rs 10,000 a month. A bachelor could send half that money to his family abroad and live on the other half.

Paradise.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"Aren't our kids more valuable?"
Absolutely. And stretching a point, some may argue that even teachers' lives may have some value, though that is pretty far-fetched.

But this is so good. As explained brilliantly by that wonderful American organization, the National Rifle Association,
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

This might lead to a population explosion, dominated by ppl who violate the Darwin Fallacy. For instance, see the recent Presidential Appointee at the head of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security. Narrowly missed his own brain, shooting himself in the foot with a gun strapped to his musharraf. If his musharraf, I mean his brain, had been any larger.. :eek:

Along those lines, this news has some positive aspects:
American student brings gun to college and shoots - but not at his professors! And surrenders peacefully and non-violently
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

UlanBatori wrote:
"Aren't our kids more valuable?"
Absolutely. And stretching a point, some may argue that even teachers' lives may have some value, though that is pretty far-fetched.

But this is so good. As explained brilliantly by that wonderful American organization, the National Rifle Association,
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

This might lead to a population explosion,
Explosions among the population is a certainty. Shooting is so easy. I do a lot of it nowadays. It's only hitting targets that is more difficult. I can imagine an armed teacher who sees a gun toting bad guy in class puling out his six shooter and "bang bang bang" shooting over the heads of the children in his class to save the school. If you have ever heard a bullet whizzing past your head you will know that it's an experience that you could die for.

And that IISc shooting where a professor was shot? That would never have happened if the prof had a Tavor with a laser sight to do the talking. And It would be so comforting to see armed waiters in your restaurant protecting you from Kasabs while serving you your kebabs. I am sure you wouldn't miss out leaving him a good tip for keeping you so secure while you have your dinner.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

shiv wrote:People have always gone to the US for the freedom to make good money - the US is the richest country in the world. In fact an immigrant with no education and job still ends up earning the equivalent of Rs 10,000 a month - which would put him firmly in at least lower middle class in India
The total population of the U.S. in that year was around 291 million. Dividing total means-tested expenditure ($583 billion) by the population (291 million) yields an average welfare spending figure of $2,003 per capita on means-tested welfare benefits. This is, of course, an artificial figure because most Americans do not receive means-tested benefits.
In fact the lower the education the better. You get Rs 20,000 per head per month. If an Indian man, woman and child with low education make to to the land of milk and honey, they get a family income of Rs 60,000 a month in benefits alone.
The lower the education of a family head, the more means-tested welfare aid a family is likely to receive. For example, in the whole U.S. population, families headed by persons without a high school diploma, on average, receive $4,461 in means-tested assistance per family member per year.
In fact minimum wage laws are generous. At about 9-10 dollars an hour one would get 1600 dollars for 160 hours of work a month (40 hour week) . That is a cool Rs 10,000 a month. A bachelor could send half that money to his family abroad and live on the other half.

Paradise.
And yet they keep coming. And now I am told it is because they want to marry a more expensive woman! Who knew? We rednecks are just so far behind the times.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Thank you kindly, interwebs gods.

As you know, I have registered a new startup U-NSN in the Valley of the Silcone, where the children go to church every sunday morning and the services are streamed over the internet, where the songs of ambulence sirens at night are sweeter than the sea, and where medicines grow in the backyard of all the houses in the hills, and yoga is practiced by the sea.

I can confirm there are no shooty-stealy, robby-stealy, killy-stealy, banky-empty, or most any hanky-panky here at all. No one has heard of them. It is a welcoming land that literally shower and swabs you with gifts including free medical examinations available on entry, even road side assistance centers are common. You don't even have to be sick to get one. All our foreign looking employees have smiles on there faces, especially the weird ones smelling of spices.

Y'all will greatly enjoy our huge helpings of Oh! Happy Day from the land of HGH Milk and GMO flower Honey (patent pending). We will also go to and provide unique insights into the temples of learning with regular visits. We are also a patriotic people standing to attention with one hand on the heart, at the farthest sound of the McDonald's farm. I even changed my name (and secretly my religion, don't tell anyone) since I cant name my first born after our great leader (please dont put me back on the list bro, if you are reading this -- I will be nice, promise!).

Visiting assignments are available to reporters BYOD (Bring your own Degree), but the venture money is for the management strategy and board meetings so dont expect to get paid. Also, we wont be applying for your vissa and we might publish with someone else's name on your work.

Hussain HankPsnky
Editor, Creative Visualizer and Visionary
U-NSN, Silicone Valley Wilds (TM)
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

And yet they keep coming. And now I am told it is because they want to marry a more expensive woman! Who knew? We rednecks are just so far behind the times.
I wonder how many dark dirty Injuns go there to get married to expensive, sweeter than sweet, polished white woman? 1? 2? 100? among zillions of us going there to take your jobs? But debating would be OT.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

What's the goal of this thread?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

TSJones wrote:
shiv wrote:People have always gone to the US for the freedom to make good money -
Paradise.
Jones (and all replies): Folks this is a new thread. Y'all are welcome to add your grits of humor here but please keep the environment jovial and happy. This might be a good thing, and you don't even know the color of the flag on the underwear the writer is wearing! The flag on the behind might be the same as yours.

If you want rancor, the strat-e-gic discussion threads are waiting. So:
1. Lets not tase, water-board, shoot or otherwise apply "regular procedure" on the messenger.
2. No, they don't keep coming. Get off your FOX news prescription. That "they" no longer come is the root of many many problems.

Your friendly editor of that which shall remain unnamed (but not a moderator and just an interwebs luny)

(PS - don't read my mail, bro).
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

KJoishy wrote:What's the goal of this thread?
It is in the eye of the beholder. If you have two eyes, you might be confused.

We are merely going to make obvious the beautiful things about the world's largest democracy (with no prisoners taken, pardon the pun).

Give it time, all will become clear. In the meantime, enjoy the positive news.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

TSjones , Venug & Kjoishy
For your crime of making OT posts and or questioning or not understanding the purpose of this thread ,

You are to be here by informally indicted by our public crusader of Justice NEWT Times,
Charged as by our Superrstar crusader DA,
and as a mere formality ,
Indicted and held guilty by a colorful (shirted) all American Jury of your peers.

The court hereby convicts you on all counts and orders you to be bagged and tagged for 10 years of productive labor at SuperMax, Kong Island facility.

PS:References for selecting the compatible Prison gang can be supplied by the prison warden at request.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Shreeman wrote:
It is in the eye of the beholder. If you have two eyes, you might be confused.
:rotfl:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Few years ago in Boston a guy used his water pistol to spray another guy and the other guy shot him with a real gun. The law makers got into action and they proposed banning the water pistols. Time to ban pop corn in theaters.
Last edited by saip on 24 Jan 2014 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What's the goal of this thread?
Biss off our **friends***, give joy to our enemies, treat our friends far worse than we treat our enemies, generally be 400% jerks.

Flex muscles and wax pompous on Law Enforcement and Protecting the Rights of the Meek, to let us forget that we are as mice to the Red Chinese and can't do diddly about that.
And that we are losing/have lost the war in Eyeraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, Eyeran, Mexico, Central America, South America, all through our sheer brilliance.

See what it feels like to be a GOTUS SD expert, or one of their hordes of admirers on See Enn Enn and FOX.

Without causing any actual harm.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

How about calling the thread "Positive News from Amrika"?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana wrote:How about calling the thread "Positive News from Amrika"?
Ramana,

The lord almighty (all inquiries to Pat Robertson, representative) moves in mysterious ways. Lets not create a new language yet.

This is a meanungful discussion. Rejoice, and enjoy the beautiful world and let everyone come together without prejudice or hinderance from new spellings. We want to attract not distract our bretheren from all folds and nationalities so they too may smoke the charitable and medicinal peace pipe of fraternal friendship (not that there is anything wrong with alternative lifestyles, mind you) fresh from the fields of colorado and washington

My 2 Lady Liberty Lincoln cents.

Your-without-immunity,

Hussain HankPsnky

ps - dont walk in the street holding hands. what will the neighbors think?
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

venug wrote:
I wonder how many dark dirty Injuns go there to get married to expensive, sweeter than sweet, polished white woman? 1? 2? 100? among zillions of us going there to take your jobs? But debating would be OT.
I don't think those of Indian pursuasion come to our fair shores to marry our gorgeous, beautiful women. The immigrants are not that insane. No, they come here to make money and send it back to India. In that manner, those who survive low wages in the US, assualts by savage red necks, and being a graduate assistant for some fleshy headed mutant at a university can marry a fair damsel fom India and produce a zygote that can win the US spelling bee.

Has anyone read David Niven's book Ringworld? Well, in that book, one of the alien species, Pierson's Puppetteers, finagle earth's reproduction customs so that one must win the lottery in order to reproduce. So you have to be very lucky. One lucky couple begets a lucky baby and so on and so forth ultimately until a pinnacle lucky person is born, Teela Brown. Teela can't be in a bad situation. Her luck won't allow it. So she is used by the aliens as a method to expolit the Ringworld. She can't lose.

So now I have it figured out. For those of you who have migrated to the US, we Americans' are Pierson's Puppetteers. :eek:
I never thought that I was space alien until now. :(

This is good news from America. :-?

Addendum: those of you who live in the US and haven't read Ringworld, get down to your Barnes and Noble library, grab a book, try to find a chair and get reading! No, I won't loan my book out.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Glad you asked. Not only will I give you the goal but the posts as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COfL-jtd ... OfL-jtdFWQ

When TSJ talks of rednecks, Bobby Bare is right up there :)
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

KJoishy,

To answer your question, ultimately this thread will become the Penis of USA.

Remember UB was the father of the original penis thread.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Please note the audience answers in the embedded chart.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 24 Jan 2014 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Cosmo_R wrote:
Glad you asked. Not only will I give you the goal but the posts as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COfL-jtd ... OfL-jtdFWQ

"By day I make the cars, by night I make the bars, oh how I want to go home".
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

For those of you who have migrated to the US, we Americans'
Ah! You must be one dem Original Americans, hain?

A-see-wa-mey 2 u too!
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

TSJones wrote: .... No, they come here to make money and send it back to India. In that manner, those who survive low wages in the US, assualts by savage red necks, and being a graduate assistant for some fleshy headed mutant at a university can marry a fair damsel fom India and produce a zygote that can win the US spelling bee.
Gentlemen, come now, lets not be hasty in our judgements. This is a "Oh! Happy,Happy,Joy,Joy" thread.

And Jones, remember those words. They will be your undoing. Let us visit this in our news reports, shall we? Facts instead of fiction?

And no, there is no BENIS equivalent here. Lets not bring the great arabian neighbors into this south asian-american debate. We can never hope to reach those heights.

Let life follow its natural course, its just a poor forum thread. There is no cause for any intellectual masterbation yet. Look out the window, go jogging, eat out, hug a friend. Open your minds and the space between your ears expand.

Not everything follows a straight line. But discussion will throw off your fellow readers, take a deep breath, let the personality become evident before contributing.

Two more cents, given where not asked for.

Hussain HankPsnky
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Q.E.D. Pls do not blame BENIS on me, I am innojant wanderer phrom the dejert caves of the Gobi. In American terms, a "tourist", as Raymond Davis. Or Alicia May. The Creator is elsewhere on this thread, all bow to Him!
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

TSJones wrote:
Cosmo_R wrote:
"By day I make the cars, by night I make the bars, oh how I want to go home".
:)

I have always admired the Country innuendo/paradox combo: Bellamy Brothers—If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me? Julie Roberts—Good Wine Bad Decisions.

I wonder what the figure of speech is called. Double-entendre, metaphor, zeugma?

It's fun and many of these 'rednecks' seem to originate from Long Island NY of all places.

Last September, my wife and I were on a 'light hiking' tour of Shenandoah National Park and we stopped at a Martins Supermarket in Front Royal to buy some wine. There was this very blonde, very young and very pleasant young cashier who, when told we did not have the 'discount card' whipped out her own and scanned it. I thanked her and innocently remarked that "... being able to buy wine in a supermarket was such a great convenience". She asked "Where are you guys from?" . I said "Connecticut". She smiled and responded "We Americans are so spoiled."

It is a big country.

And, I won't even get into another cashier encounter in Phoenix AZ where she asked me for my zip code I said '06XXX' and she said "Wow! where do zip codes start with a '0'? and when told, said "Where exactly is that?"

Big country. Lots of wonderful people and relatively (compared to UK/France/Europe) few oiseaules.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

UlanBatori wrote:

A-see-wa-mey 2 u too!

This reminds me of US Americans :D

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

UlanBatori wrote:

A-see-wa-mey 2 u too!
:rotfl:
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Cosmo_R wrote:
It is a big country.

And, I won't even get into another cashier encounter in Phoenix AZ where she asked me for my zip code I said '06XXX' and she said "Wow! where do zip codes start with a '0'? and when told, said "Where exactly is that?"

Big country. Lots of wonderful people and relatively (compared to UK/France/Europe) few oiseaules.

The ones who don't know about unknown unknowns apparently are not the problem?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This D.D'Souza bro of Dilip D'S, famous Mumbai-based Rediff Columnist who once did a "thought experiment" inviting Americans to invade India? I seem to remember said DDS claiming he had a bro in US of A..

BTW, here is some Positive News I found: SR has good legal precedent now. Another Slave rescued. Getting weirder and weirder... "kidnapping" victim was an adult who had complete freedom of movement, but "it took her 6 months to gather enough courage" to complain to the Authorities (don't know if Safe Horizons was involved) and that's enough for an indictment on kidnapping charges.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

US proves again that it saves Indians from persecution and slavery

TSJ is right. Desi men will now be coming in hordes not to marry the stunning American houris but each other. :shock:
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

:mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

UlanBatori wrote:US proves again that it saves Indians from persecution and slavery

TSJ is right. Desi men will now be coming in hordes not to marry the stunning American houris but each other. :shock:
well planned. hat tip to the duo :D
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

TSJones wrote: And yet they keep coming. And now I am told it is because they want to marry a more expensive woman! Who knew? We rednecks are just so far behind the times.
What really fills me with admiration is that US consulates, like supermarkets with long queues, open up another super fast visa counter to let in people like Sangeeta Richard and that gay copulat er couple.

Ironically the US spends so much effort in finger printing and cavity searching moaners who don't deserve to go to the US that the people who really need to be in the US, like Sangeeta Richard's drunk driver husband get held up needlessly. We have plenty of them in India waiting to be rescued, evacuated or whatever the US wants to do with them. Unlike undeserving cocky people who complain about strip searches, these emigres will have no complaints about anything they get - just like Uncle Tom. In India it's only low caste people who have to put up or shut up, but that's not true in free, egalitarian US of A where it's not the evil caste system that shuts them up. That is so, so much more humane.

T visas and U visas are the way to go.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

T and U visas should exceed H1B in near future. Congrats to POTUS BO, a true friend of India!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I would urge poor and illiterate Indians to emigrate to the US using the T or U visa route. The kindness that is shown to them by Americans can be read in this link
Low-skill immigrants pay little in taxes and receive high levels of government benefits and services. The National Academy of Sciences has estimated that each immigrant without a high school degree will cost U.S. taxpayers, on average, $89,000 over the course of his or her lifetime. This is a net cost above the value of any taxes the immigrant will pay and does not include the cost of educating the immigrant's children, which U.S. taxpayers would also heavily subsidize.
I always knew Americans were a generous people (even though Pakistan is often the beneficiary)
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Can daleets apply for T-Visa or do they risk cavity search at border.

Here is Daleet Freedoms Network (Sponsored by USA DoS and allied networks)

Freedom from all clothing is implied therein.

http://www.dalitnetwork.org/

http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/new ... ike_slaves

the amount of slavery in India has even made the African-Americans sit up in surprise .. they were wondering who was more enslaved than them ..

http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/new ... day_slaver

now they declare their empathy

http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/new ... emoration_
Declaration of Empathy
Click here to sign the petition.
Whereas, The Dalit people of South Asia are considered history’s longest standing oppressed population, subjected for millennia to discrimination, untouchability, bonded slavery, and social and economic segregation;
Whereas, This Declaration expresses our deepest concern and empathies for all Dalits everywhere who are subject to the scourge of human trafficking and modern day slavery;
Whereas, We the people of The United States of America are in a unique position to understand the suffering of slaves, the passion of abolitionists, and the path to freedom;
Whereas, The Quander Historical Society, Inc., which represents one of the oldest documented descendants of slaves in The United States, and Gye Nyame, Inc., a nonprofit that focuses on cultural and educational advancement, and Dalit Freedom Network, a nonprofit dedicated to freedom and equality for the Dalits in India, have called on The United States of America, and her people, to stand in solidarity with the Dalits;
Nowtherefore, We the undersigned parties, in a spirit of unity and solidarity, and in an effort to promote justice for all, respectfully assert that our nation should recognize modern day slavery in all its forms and should strongly oppose the continuing degradation, discrimination, oppression, and segregation of Dalits anywhere in the world.
Click here to Declare Your Empathy.
As you can see the final portion highlighted means WAR AGAINST BDS.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Bored of Directors

Daleet Freedoms Network

http://www.dalitnetwork.org/go?/dfn/about/C9/

Dalit Freedom Network Board of Directors

Peter Dance
India Director-OM USA
Operation Mobilization
Tyrone, GA