Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by Manish_P »

Son-of-a-bitch Ya mean it could be higher :eek:

Well i will be darned

:P
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Window on US.

Slowly NRIs are opening eyes

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/9 ... 6447093760
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Utah Deputies manage to hit suspect 3 times, a bystander once and missed a 4-year old passerby by inches.
With only 75 shots fired.

From "Trinity Is Still My Name":
The Wild Bunch. They're only a hundred. But they RIIIIIIDE as if they were a THOUUUUSAAAND
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ramana wrote:Window on US.
Slowly NRIs are opening eyes
https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/9 ... 6447093760
So the latest on CNN and ABC News is
DID THE PRESIDENT SAY "S***HOLE" OR NOT?
:roll:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

ABC, the other one i.e. the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

'I'm from a s***hole country': World reacts to 'racist' Donald Trump's comments :

Clicky
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Aussies are racist $h1t-holies, they have no locus standi
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Its got the Southern Baptist Convention worthies in a tizzy. :rotfl:
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
A false alarm that warned of a ballistic missile headed for Hawaii sent the islands into a panic Saturday, with people abandoning cars on a highway and preparing to flee their homes until officials said the cellphone alert was a mistake.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

[Warning]Gentlemen, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/ ... -kavanaugh
First, take a candle.

Then, pour some salt into your hand.

Then, keeping the grains in your palm, take a pen to write out a thank you to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman whose allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee — and now justice — Brett Kavanaugh, stunned a nation.

Or, if you prefer, simply say, “I believe you.”
Modern Wicca and other New Age traditions in the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s were tied to second-wave feminism. Witchcraft and ritual have become more prominently associated with progressive political causes in recent years with the rise of the contemporary #magicresistance. Last year, for example, a 13,000-strong Facebook group formed to cast regular binding spells on Donald Trump.
In the absence of effective, socially enforced structures by which abusers can face justice for their actions, rituals and ritual behavior take on a vital spiritual, psychological, and social role for survivors. They foster community and solidarity. They enable the processing of trauma. And for the 20 percent of Americans who identify as “spiritual but not religious,” rituals can provide a framework for finding meaning in trauma or pain.
as a nonbinary genderfluid person I’m focusing on integrating my own feminine and masculine (?!) aspects and moreover the abusive and abused parts of my psyche.”
If only more people of the world thought with their crotch the entire time, the world would have been such a "wonderful" place.
The historical nature of witchcraft has made it a particularly fruitful field for ritual. As the organizers of an upcoming “Hex Kavanaugh” event at Catland, a pagan bookstore and supply shop in Brooklyn, put it on their event page, “We are embracing witchcraft’s true roots as the magik of the poor, the downtrodden and disenfranchised and it’s [sic] history as often the only weapon, the only means of exacting justice available to those of us who have been wronged by men just like him.”
This shows a poor grasp of history itself, the one subject that the sociologists are expected to not fuk up.
The Magic Resistance — the Facebook group behind the Trump hexing — also focused their ritual efforts on Kavanaugh. n a “Bind Kavanaugh” spell performed before the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh on Saturday practitioners lit a white candle, symbolizing justice and purity, and placed the Justice tarot card adjacent to it on an altar, before wrapping a black thread around a paper doll, symbolizing Kavanaugh, to bind him. IPractitioners were encouraged to chant the names of Kavanaugh’s known accusers, binding him “in the name of” all those they believed he had wronged.
Similarly, artist Jasper Meadowsweet told me that they have started making protective charms to share with their like-minded friends as a gesture of solidarity and support. “They are made with various flower petals, herbs, and a few chips of amethyst, each placed carefully in layers while I focus on memories with the other person in which they are feeling happy, or calm, or loved.”
When you’ve exhausted all your tools, and you see the awful people winning, it can lead to despair. ... So we need to do things to counter that despair and hopelessness. Ritual is powerful in that respect. Putting aside questions of its efficacy, it absolutely works in transforming consciousness and empowering those who do it.”
These great minds are so ripe.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by chetak »

well, Trump seems to have become a respected tourist guide.

Can't keep this guy down.

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by Lalmohan »

given what he [allegedly] did to Barack's Moscow hotel bed, wonder what he might [allegedly] do on Bill's chair?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Cannot be any worse than what Bill did on that chair, to that chair, and from that chair.

Anyway, I find it hilarious. Would be fun to find a spot on one of them tours.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Meanwhile.. sorry US domestic paliticks... but the number of wimmen POTUS-aspirants is now heading into double figures maybe 3 figures.This is going to one very interesting Primary season. Price of potato chips and popcorn may go through the roof. Esp since Supreme Headquarters in many households may have another reason to be glued to TV at dinner time. :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^^ in northern europe a lot of ladies are rising to top positions in politics. the defence ministers of both france and germany, the IMF chief, norway PM, UK PM,
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ Ah, yes. But the prospect of 10 400%-PC donkeystani wimmens going at each other in the Primaries is going to sink the network ratings of Mud Wrestling irretrieavbly. Sell ur Mud-Wrestling stocks now. :eek:

Issue of Critical Importance #1: How Black is K. Harris?

Positivism is alive and well.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Singha wrote:^^ in northern europe a lot of ladies are rising to top positions in politics. the defence ministers of both france and germany, the IMF chief, norway PM, UK PM,
While the SJW types will celebrate this development, it does point to the increased feminization of state and society at large. But according to history a relatively more feminized state can never put up successful resistance against invading barbarians. In this case barbarians meanining the islamic hordes from middle east and africa.

I have been unable to figure out the exact causes but one of the reasons is surely as women devote themselves to the pursuit of career, power and pleasure, they stop reproducing enough, thereby sounding the deathknell of the native society.

Ironically these very same women start finding foreign barbarians more attractive and sexually desirable compared to native beta men.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^Stockholm syndrome. The problem is not with reproducing, i think it's the lost of fighting spirit. May be i am misplaced but the only matriarchal society is hyenas.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Nice wars starting re: GND and POTUS-2-B Hon. Rep. Ocasaia Cortez whatzit. $49T program funded by taxing the rich? (I prefer to stay ignorant).
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

darshhan wrote: While the SJW types will celebrate this development, it does point to the increased feminization of state and society at large. But according to history a relatively more feminized state can never put up successful resistance against invading barbarians. In this case barbarians meanining the islamic hordes from middle east and africa.

I have been unable to figure out the exact causes but one of the reasons is surely as women devote themselves to the pursuit of career, power and pleasure, they stop reproducing enough, thereby sounding the deathknell of the native society.

Ironically these very same women start finding foreign barbarians more attractive and sexually desirable compared to native beta men.
I would suggest a reading of 'The End Of History And The Last Man' by Francis Fukuyama. You might get some of the answers you are seeking
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

K.Harris says she smoked pot, calls for legalization of pot. What a change from 1992 when Slick Willie had to claim that he had not "inhaled" to be accepted.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^She made her way up the political ladder by sleeping with the married mayor of SFO Willie Brown. Using of course female charm which is fine because she's a woman.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^Stockholm syndrome. The problem is not with reproducing, i think it's the lost of fighting spirit. May be i am misplaced but the only matriarchal society is hyenas.
elephants too and it is successful society., every baby is secure among the mother and aunts. in lion prides also the ladies do much of the work including hunting. the male shows up for a few seconds to deliver the killing blow to the heaviest prey else can take it easy and just show off ripped physique and posture.

probably in any animals that operate in herds, the females do much of the work incl child rearing and hunting. female wolves can be pack leaders, its not reserved for males - among a litter of cubs the most alpha regardless of gender gets to lead.

there are birds that mate monogamously for life and share the childcare duty.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

As per those who work inside ornate halls of Boston Orthodoxy and NY Hassidim, there is an off-the-records guideline to not include smart wimmens at the high tables of finance, due to "heavy risks with minimal returns" caused by the last two years wave of allegations. The impression among the male dominated khan and oiropean financial clergy is that more than the pretty dames who were pawed around by rich horndogs, it was these hyper-competitive corporate dames who were egging on such whistleblowers to their advantage in ruthless corporate fights. Lots of millions got lost in various ways, including knee-jerk appointment of these waiting dames to positions of great power, after a scandal breaks out and fells a senior jernail.

So the general whisper to shut 'em all out, if it involves heavy millions of monies. A rather shameless "We need to keep them out decision by the financial orthodoxy, because we cant promise to behave better" decision :oops:

Now, where else can such smart wimmens be accommodated safely, so they can talk heavy stuff without harming the "investments"? A place where they appear to be all powerful, but in reality is subservient to corporate donors?

Might explain the large surge of ladies in khan politics :D

(we can expect the comical english TV media of India to cut-paste khan TV's profound questions like "Will India ever have a wimmen President or PM?" :D )
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

deep probe into the high priesthoods psyche and insecurities sire, but perceptive as usual.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Singha wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^Stockholm syndrome. The problem is not with reproducing, i think it's the lost of fighting spirit. May be i am misplaced but the only matriarchal society is hyenas.
elephants too and it is successful society., every baby is secure among the mother and aunts. in lion prides also the ladies do much of the work including hunting. the male shows up for a few seconds to deliver the killing blow to the heaviest prey else can take it easy and just show off ripped physique and posture.

probably in any animals that operate in herds, the females do much of the work incl child rearing and hunting. female wolves can be pack leaders, its not reserved for males - among a litter of cubs the most alpha regardless of gender gets to lead.

there are birds that mate monogamously for life and share the childcare duty.
Matriarch is boss for male hyenas, but that's not the case with elephants. Males (bulls) have their own pods.
Are there any famous matriarchal tribes or societies known in humans?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

kerala, meghalaya, sikkim ...

>> Males (bulls) have their own pods.

juvenile males once they leave the herd , lone tuskers .... but their mainstream society is groups of adult female( related aunts ) taking care of all cubs and juveniles. these old matriarchs retain the valuable memory of feeding grounds, routes, dangers and are responsible for the next generations safety...they take it very seriously .... males come and go for breeding but only upto a certain age they might move with the herd iirc.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Nairs in Kerala were matriarchal till mid of last century. All property belonged to women. Men worked for the 'family'. Kids belonged to the 'family' and had no inheritance to the property of father's family. Men went to women's residence to fulfil their coital commitments.

The transition to patriarchal system was terrible. My paternal grand uncle famously said "I will not let 'that loafer' marry 'my child'". Here "my child" is sister's daughter and "loafer" is his own son. Sisters and their kids are 'own family' and wife and own kids are 'not family'.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

so all I can say is there is no good or bad system. all systems exist , and any system can succeed or fail based on its internal thermodynamics/luck/surrounding ecosystems.

partiarchy has no monopoly on success.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Singha wrote:so all I can say is there is no good or bad system. all systems exist , and any system can succeed or fail based on its internal thermodynamics/luck/surrounding ecosystems.

partiarchy has no monopoly on success.
I wouldn't go into analyzing matriarchy vs patriarchy. Today even patriarchies can be highly feminized.

My point is that a feminized society will never be able to successfully resist the invaders( both military as well as demographic) who by default will be much less feminized. Eventually the feminized society will collapse in the face of relentless attacks.

I have already stated one of the causes. When women start giving precedence to power, pleasure and career, they stop reproducing enough. As a result the population distribution becomes unbalanced as younger population shrinks and the older population increases. Now the oldies will never have the same amount of risk taking attributes that young people have. Which in turn leads to societal loss of vigour. The best example is of whites themselves. In the times gone by when their fertility rate was high they managed to grab huge amounts of real estate(americas, australia and even places like South Africa). Ofcourse societal advances in technology plus a spirit of adventure apart from a lack of arable land in europe was also key to this. But now that their fertility is low, they are hard pressed to demographically defend their own land. All the social justice victories will amount to zilch once islamic populations crosses the critical mass.

Another reason why the feminized society will fail is that young men in these societies will have very less incentive to wage war on the behalf of these societies. Why will you fight when you are not going to be suitably rewarded. Infact the best course of action for them would be to just get converted to islam themselves and reap the benefits in terms of wealth, women and slaves.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Belated realization at See Enn Enn
Trump, repeatedly, hammered at the "Green New Deal."
"I really don't like their policy of taking away your car, of taking away your airplane flights, of, 'Let's hop a train to California,' of ... 'You're not allowed to own cows anymore,'" he said. And: "They want to take away your car, reduce the value of your home, and put millions of Americans out of work, spend $100 trillion, which, by the way, there's no such thing as $100 trillion. You have to spend $100 trillion. And remember this. No other country except us is going to do it. That's a little problem, too." He also went after Democrats on abortion.
Democrats are in favor of "allowing children to be ripped from their mother's womb right up until the moment of birth," Trump said at one point. Talking about Northam in particular, Trump said: "The governor stated that he would even allow a newborn baby to come out into the world and wrap the baby and make the baby comfortable, and then talk to the mother, and talk to the father, and then execute the baby. Execute the baby."

Just in case you missed the point, Trump drilled it home this way: "They're becoming the party of socialism, late-term abortion, open borders and crime."
Here's the thing: That line, if he keeps to it, could be very, very effective, politically speaking. Obviously, it over-simplifies both the "Green New Deal" and what Democrats have said and done on abortion.
But politics is often won by the simple argument or the easier-to-remember summation.
I can imagine the eventual Democratic nominee trying to explain that the "Green New Deal" represents a radical -- and necessary -- rethinking of our energy consumption habits and what they mean to the long-term health of the planet.
And Trump responding by saying: "How am I going to get you to Hawaii? By train?" (A line he used to poke at Sen. Mazie Hirono in Monday's speech.)
And the debate audience erupting in laughter.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This new green deal is dead on arrival.I am in fact surprised how such ideas could find main stream acceptance. With far left dictating terms for some more time to come, Dem candidates for 2020 have to support it or at least some version of it. I guess far left is the new main stream the US now.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pelosi has already sunk it (and probably her own support base) by calling it "Green Dream or something". DREAM? I bet that made the Hon. Rep. Cortez's supporters very happy! :rotfl:

But now, since such tinfoil-hat stuff brings out my sympathy for kindred spirits, let us look at what the GND is REALLY saying. For starters, compare to the UNESCO's "SDG" (Sustainable Development Goals).

The GND is totally in sync with SDG, which means that the cognizanti (such as moi) who know everything outside the US as well as inside, it makes total sense. YES!!! SDG says "Zero Poverty". "Zero Hunger". And 15 other equally "wacko" **GOALS**. The key term is "GOALS".

The SDG were developed by an International, in fact Global, Committee. Unfortunately, it is like showing the Bill of Rights to the average American Joe6Pack (as has been tried out with statistical significance): They called it a Commie Pinko Russian Plot, of course.

She has added "Medicare for Everyone" as a specific call-out. I think that is a good thing. There is really no reason why Medicare 4 Everyone should be lower on the priority list than an AR-15 for Everyone, which the Republican Platform will strongly support.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Is the UN's SDG list wacko? Of course, but the world has adopted it. Except the US and a few other fascist nations.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Cops shoot slumped over rapper in his car outside taco bell

https://www.news18.com/news/world/six-c ... 35783.html

6 officers hit him with all weapons they strapped
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

[quote="UlanBatori"]Belated realization at See Enn Enn

Dumbocrats are stoopid. In CA, the dumbocrat golden boy cancelled HSR. Except leaving it between Fresno and Bakersfield. And then grandly announced that he will do something about housing and jobs and transportation.

Really? Could not CA think through that putting a HSR actually reduces distances and allows jobs to go a little further and hence reduces pressure on housing.

Housing is a crisis in hot metropolitan areas like SF-BA or SAC-Delta or LA-San Diego, but not in Fresno or Bakersfield. There land is plenty.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Priest 'groped a woman while he was giving her the last rites and asked her: "Does that feel good?"'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rites.html
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 13411.html
If you ever lose your passport in Austria and need urgent assistance, you might want to head to the nearest McDonald’s.

And no, it’s not so you can drown your sorrows with a Big Mac and large Coca-Cola.

The official US Embassy Vienna Facebook page recently announced the US ambassador to Austria, Trevor D. Traina, had signed an agreement with the country’s McDonald’s chief, Isabelle Kuster stating that McDonald’s branches across Austria will be granted permission to offer consular support to US citizens who are unable to dial the embassy’s phone number.

According to the post, which features a photograph of Traina and Kuster shaking hands, as of Wednesday 15 May American visitors will be able to enter a McDonald's to "report a lost or stolen passport" or simply "to seek travel assistance".

McDonald’s staff will also assist those in “distress” in making “contact with the US embassy for consular services.
Shwetank
BRFite

Post by Shwetank »

ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... cials-say/
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — At least six Philadelphia police officers were shot during a gun battle in Philadelphia’s Nicetown-Tioga section and rushed to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, authorities say. Two officers and three others who were trapped inside the home with the shooter were safely evacuated several hours after the standoff began. The gunman surrendered just after midnight.
Whatever happened to all the military grade stuff that was supposed to be given to all law enforcement agencies against the might of one gunman? This is why they want to ban the guns and then the wrongthink and wrongspeech can be eliminated without resistance.
Now if only they push along with the banning of firearms, situations like these can become more commonplace to the general entertainment for the rest of the world.