Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 goes missing

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_28502
BRFite

Re: Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 goes missing

Post by member_28502 »

khans hands are all over in this episode.
We will never know the truth.
Many books will be published and will be made into movies. I smell lot of money in the air
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Only suicide theory matches south..going to clear skies in the south to watch beauty of night sky one last time.
south and no wreck found also closes the book with no rca, which might suit those whom the rca might embarrass.

wrt strobe talbott, might be deftly positioning himself and reactivating old track2 contacts to be new usa ambassador to next rulers of Delhi. After all who better than a old India hand who knows the nda?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

http://idrw.org/?p=34887#more-34887
The Indian military establishment has rejected the possibility that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which mysteriously disappeared eight days en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, could have flown over India on way to Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan in Central Asia. This came after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak on Saturday said the missing plane.

This came after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak on Saturday said the missing plane's last communication with a satellite suggested it could have been deliberately diverted , after its transponders were switched off, into two possible corridors or arcs . The northern one was identified as stretching from northern Thailand to Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, while the southern one from Indonesia to southern Indian Ocean.

If the jetliner had tried to cross the Indian mainland, our primary radars (which bounce radio signals off targets) would have picked it up despite its transponders being switched off (secondary radars beam signals that request information from a plane's transponders), said a top IAF officer.

If an unidentified plane had been picked up flouting prescribed procedures or with switched-off transponders or not squawking IFF (identification, friend or foe) codes, a series of air defence measures would have kicked in including the scrambling of fighters to detect, identify, intercept and destroy the intruder.
Senior IAF and Navy officers admitted there were a few gaps in India's civil and military radar networks but stressed it would be virtually impossible for a jetliner to fly undetected across the Indian mainland. The five Airports Authority of India radars at Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Mumbai are integrated with IAF's air defence network. The possibility is far-fetched, said an officer.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, I can't believe I watched even a few minutes of Fox news, but I did. Apart from condescension towards Malaysians, and glee that Chincoms are helpless, "we are the greatest" nationalism, and of course, Obama bashing, some of the anal-ysts on display don't buy the ping theory that identified the plane entering the Indian ocean corridor.

DoCJi, I like your list on the state of info we have :-).
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Nijalingappa wrote:khans hands are all over in this episode.
Many books will be published and will be made into movies. I smell lot of money in the air
+100 Lingappa garu.

Take the case of GPS trackers .
Even private cabs and buses are having one these days. I would expect every large regularly overhauled hitech component like jet engines etc in a Modern Passenger Jet to have their equivalent .

So if Massa is acting as if it doesnt know a thing and is throwing its hands up in air , it means it doesn't want to reveal where the plane went down.

BTW more reason for Indians to invest in own independent equivalents to GPS, having a global coverage (even if rudimentary) as opposed to limiting ourself to a regional approach.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Singha wrote:Only suicide theory matches south..going to clear skies in the south to watch beauty of night sky one last time.
south and no wreck found also closes the book with no rca, which might suit those whom the rca might embarrass.
I put it the other way. The one rational reason to head south is to try to make sure the plane is never recovered. Then the question is: what is so valuable to the perpetrators that they are willing to go to certain death to keep the plane from being recovered?

The passengers as hostages- probably wiped out by ascending to flight ceiling and oxygen deprivation, the plane, the cargo - if these have no value to the perpetrators, then it can only be the knowledge of how they did the takeover of the plane that must be of value.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I was trying to see if there is a link between Baki ATC misleading an Indian plane with this event. The days are different. If the days were the same then it would lead more credence to the north corridor flight theory.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Agnimitra wrote:On Twitter:

Strobe Talbott ‏@strobetalbott 6h
Malaysian plane mystery: Direction, fuel load & range now lead some to suspect hijackers planned a 9/11-type attack on an Indian city.
Why not Diego Garcia?
Maybe a SAM from a ship or scrambled massa fighters from the zone destroyed the plane .
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Lilo wrote:
Nijalingappa wrote:khans hands are all over in this episode.
+100 Lingappa garu.

Take the case of GPS trackers .
Even private cabs and buses are having one these days. I would expect every large regularly overhauled hitech component like jet engines etc in a Modern Passenger Jet to have their equivalent .

So if Massa is acting as if it doesnt know a thing and is throwing its hands up in air , it means it doesn't want to reveal where the plane went down.

BTW more reason for Indians to invest in own independent equivalents to GPS, having a global coverage (even if rudimentary) as opposed to limiting ourself to a regional approach.
It seems to me that conspicuous silence from dilli is also suspicious.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

There are several reasons the South could have ended up being the route.

It is possible the pilot/pilots lost control while messing with the avionics.
May have done something that caused the aircraft to decompress and their own incapacitation.
A loss of nerve is also possible. Once the plan was not working out, time to get rid of the evidence.
Finally it also possible a lot of these radar traces and pings may later prove to be inaccurate.

Right now the fog of war is thick and folks are flitting about muddying the tracks and shooting randomly at passing sharks and shadows...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Two nuggets from bing news.

Malay police are checking bkgrnd of pax for flight engineer skills.
that's the guy who can turn things off. They have found one so far, enroute to china for a pvt co to work on,Malaysia planes there.

a 777 pilot said climb to 45000 could be saazish to faint the pax and have run of the place.

but after going to such extent as proof of concept why no 911 hit puzzles me.
boeing and airbus must be shitting bricks wondering what else is compromised
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Incompetence even if feigned suits India at this point.
But massa needs to loose its thekedari of IOR from Diego Garcia, so that a regional grouping with India can take over.

The argument in (non western) airwaves should be transformed into an assertion with two possibilities...

"Either Massa is Incompetent or is Complicit in the downing of MH370."

India ASEAN China can officially remain silent on the matter ,while pushing the former unofficially.
Remember Bin Laden and ISI - and massa sound bytes utilized then.

If public opinion is going South dragging Massa down with it, they will take corrective measures and atleast reveal where the plane went down through some third parties.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Suppose they made it to central asia, and presented crimea demands to the russians. And the russians didnt give a hoot? Wreckage to be found in twenty years if at all. Or worse, got to central asia, didnt know how to get in touch with anyone.

passanger manifest:
1 - russia.

Russia has said naught.

Actually, if I were a small town ATC, and I didnt let this thing land, this wouldnt be the time for me to speak up, would it?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Lilo saar,
I agree with you that amirkhan seems to know more on the issue. My point is Manly Mohan is pro-amirkhan. So, if the regime is silent then it means deliberate silence indicating collusion.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Diego Garcia to my limited idea has only bombers because its middle of nowhere and way outside unrefueled radius of any fighter, but for seaward defence and rescuing pilots of bombers ditching in ocean, they keep at least one ddg lurking around in segments frm dg to afpak.
i read of one rescue of four b1 crew during goat days in af.ddg rushed to spot at night and used rigid hull inflatable fr pickup.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Singha wrote:Diego Garcia to my limited idea has only bombers because its middle of nowhere and way outside unrefueled radius of any fighter, but for seaward defence and rescuing pilots of bombers ditching in ocean, they keep at least one ddg lurking around in segments frm dg to afpak.
i read of one rescue of four b1 crew during goat days in af.ddg rushed to spot at night and used rigid hull inflatable fr pickup.
cd u pls not use sms lingo. wht z ddg and wht is dg
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

We are totally losing focus here. Sometimes it begins to hurt when we become so cynical as to forget humanity and basic human nature.

Focus on the behavior of Chinese government AND the behavior of the relatives of Chinese passengers. What happened to the hysteria, the crying, screaming, the candles, the threats and the mourning ? Why is it so quiet where it matters most ?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Johnee G garu,

Knowing postfacto or suspecting is not criminal as perpetrating the act itself.
This "Chicken Run" like flight of MH370 up to Shangri La in Central Asia obviously is floated by Massa to drag in India . India has no assets of note in A&N (more importantly East turkmen have no reason to target India spectacularly ) to mount a 9/11 there.

What most probably happened was similar to the fate of Iranian Flight 655. Difference is Flight 655 was full of Innocent travellers killed in cold blood , here it might be a hijack by Jihadis threatening massa assets in IOR,taken care by Americans in the most cavalier fashion possible as usually seen when NonWestern citizens are involved.
Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988. The attack took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from the Vincennes.

All 290 on board, including 66 children and 16 crew, died.

The men of the Vincennes were all awarded Combat Action Ribbons for completion of their tours in a combat zone. Lustig, the air-warfare coordinator, received the Navy Commendation Medal, often given for acts of heroism or meritorious service, a not-uncommon end-of-tour medal for a second tour division officer. According to the History Channel, the medal citation noted his ability to "quickly and precisely complete the firing procedure." In 1990, Rogers was awarded the Legion of Merit "for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service as commanding officer ... from April 1987 to May 1989." The award was given for his service as the commanding officer of the Vincennes, and the citation made no mention of the downing of Iran Air 655.[34] The Legion of Merit is often awarded to high-ranking officers upon successful completion of especially difficult duty assignments and/or last tours of duty before retirement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

As far as France!!

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Lilo wrote:

Malaysian plane mystery: Direction, fuel load & range now lead some to suspect hijackers planned a 9/11-type attack on an Indian city.
Why not Diego Garcia?
Maybe a SAM from a ship or scrambled massa fighters from the zone destroyed the plane .
Possible! that silence is some communication directly happened with the Pakistan Military, the plane was shot down but all the silence is to hide the Paki involvement in it? along with recorded communications?
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

Is "My friend" handing out a threat?
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

If the plane was going to be used against India in a 9/11 type attack, then the most likely intention would be the national elections, in which the pro-west Congress party is likely to be wiped out.

This was part of a psy-war against India - like the IC 814 flight that was hijacked to Kandahar as a psy-op against the then BJP government.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The sheepish silence from mea and pmo tells its own tale.

meantime cheen while appreciating indian efforts has launched another salvo against Malaysia.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Lilo wrote:

Why not Diego Garcia?
This statement could be a warning, letting India and the rest of the world know who is behind this.
member_28440
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28440 »

abhischekcc wrote:If the plane was going to be used against India in a 9/11 type attack, then the most likely intention would be the national elections, in which the pro-west Congress party is likely to be wiped out.

This was part of a psy-war against India - like the IC 814 flight that was hijacked to Kandahar as a psy-op against the then BJP government.
My friend the hijacking of IC 814 was not a pys-war, it had one very special passenger for which it was hijacked. His name is Roberto Giori owner De La Rue who owns 90% of the world's currency printing business.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Bodhita wrote:
abhischekcc wrote:If the plane was going to be used against India in a 9/11 type attack, then the most likely intention would be the national elections, in which the pro-west Congress party is likely to be wiped out.

My friend the hijacking of IC 814 was not a pys-war, it had one very special passenger for which it was hijacked. His name is Roberto Giori owner De La Rue who owns 90% of the world's currency printing business.
Something new at last!!

Bodhita ji do tell us....everything!!

Does it tie into the fake Indian currency being printed by the pakis??
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

johneeG wrote:Lilo saar,
I agree with you that amirkhan seems to know more on the issue. My point is Manly Mohan is pro-amirkhan. So, if the regime is silent then it means deliberate silence indicating collusion.
Most certainly the focus has moved from Ukraine. That was always the intent. In the era of uncontrollable media, Amirkhan distracts when it's loosing the battle. If they cannot change the news, they certainly can change the source of the news.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

partha wrote:As far as France!!

France administers a few islands (many of them with no permanent habitation) in the Southern IOR, they include the Kerguelen & the Reunion islands.
Last edited by Klaus on 16 Mar 2014 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

The Diego Garcia theory is plausible.american fighters/Sam could have blown up the airliner .Blowing up an airliner with 200 Chinese passengers would have been a PR nightmare to say the least. . if the wreckage would never be found no one would ever know. They can falsify data to confound investigators and pay up UB CT GmbH yak to come up with other plausible :evil: theories based on the false data.
Make a movie out of it. And keep showing it in various version in 'unsolved mysteries' kind of documentaries in natgeo or discovery for decades to come...and even make good money..
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Not plausible. The Americans will shoot down any plane so far out, approaching DG, which does not respond to warning and then claim the downing proudly.

India will do the same to any plane approaching any of our bigger coastal cities.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

And so will China - remember the newly created ADIZ (or whatever they call it) ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Diff being in Diego, it can happen and nobody would know.

hence a Diego hit has zero pr value as no media can cover it. Nobody in America has a clue about that rock or cares.

so i am supporter of the northern route ct.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

found this in /r/conspiracy (By http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sorcha_Faal) so take it with truckload of salt.

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines #MH370 “Capture” By US Navy #prayformh370
by pisau, pisau.net
March 16th 2014

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain “puzzled” as to why the United States Navy “captured and then diverted” a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

According to this report, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (also marketed as China Southern Airlines flight 748 through a codeshare) was a scheduled passenger flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China, when on 8 March this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft “disappeared” in flight with 227 passengers on board from 15 countries, most of whom were Chinese, and 12 crew members.

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Both Kennedy and Reynolds, this report says, were employed by the Virginia Beach, Virginia-based maritime security firm The Trident Group which was founded by US Navy Special Operations Personnel (SEAL’s) and Senior US Naval Surface Warfare Officers and has long been known by the GRU to protect vital transfers of both atomic and biological materials throughout the world.

Upon GRU “assests” confirming that this “highly suspicious” cargo was aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on 8 March, this report notes, Moscow notified China’s Ministry of State Security (MSS) of their concerns and received “assurances” that “all measures” would be taken as to ascertain what was being kept so hidden when this aircraft entered into their airspace.

However, this report says, and as yet for still unknown reasons, the MSS was preparing to divert Flight 370 from its scheduled destination of Beijing to Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) located in Hainan Province (aka Hainan Island).

Prior to entering the People Liberation Army (PLA) protected zones of the South China Sea known as the Spratly Islands, this report continues, Flight 370 “significantly deviated” from its flight course and was tracked by VKO satellites and radar flying into the Indian Ocean region and completing its nearly 3,447 kilometer (2,142 miles) flight to Diego Garcia.

Critical to note about Flight 370’s flight deviation, GRU experts in this report say, was that it occurred during the same time period that all of the Spratly Island mobile phone communications operated by China Mobile were being jammed.

China Mobile, it should be noted, extended phone coverage in the Spratly Islands in 2011 so that PLA soldiers stationed on the islands, fishermen, and merchant vessels within the area would be able to use mobile services, and can also provide assistance during storms and sea rescues.

As to how the US Navy was able to divert Flight 370 to its Diego Garcia base, this report says, appears to have been accomplished remotely as this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft is equipped with a fly-by-wire (FBW) system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface allowing it to be controlled like any drone-type aircraft.

However, this report notes, though this aircraft can be controlled remotely, the same cannot be said of its communication systems which can only be shut down manually; and in the case of Flight 370, its data reporting system was shut down at 1:07 a.m., followed by its transponder (which transmits location and altitude) which was shut down at 1:21 a.m.

What remains “perplexing” about this incident, GRU analysts in this report say, are why the American mainstream media outlets have yet to demand from the Obama regime the radar plots and satellite images of the Indian Ocean and South China Sea regions as the US military covers this entire area from Diego Garcia like no other seas in the world due to its vital shipping and air lanes.

Most sadly, this report concludes, the US is actually able to conceal the reason(s) for the “disappearance” of Flight 370 as they have already done so after the events of 11 September 2001 when the then Bush regime “disappeared” American Airlines Flight 77 and its 64 passengers and crew after falsely claiming it hit the Pentagon, but which was confirmed by the CNN News Service [see video HERE] not to have happened.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Fears of 9/11-style plot
An al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door.

Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was "credible". The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists - one of whom was a pilot - in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.
In evidence in a court case last Tuesday, Saajid Badat, a British-born Muslim from Gloucester, said that he had been instructed at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan to give a shoe bomb to the Malaysians.

Giving evidence at the trial in New York of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, Osama bin Laden's son-in-law, Badat said: "I gave one of my shoes to the Malaysians. I think it was to access the cockpit."

Badat, who spoke via video link and is in hiding in the UK, said the Malaysian plot was being masterminded by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the principal architect of 9/11
Badat told the court last week that he believed the Malaysians, including the pilot, were "ready to perform an act".
Professor Anthony Glees, director of the University of Buckingham's Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies, said the prospect of an Islamist plot offered one explanation for why the Malaysian authorities "have not been telling us the whole truth".
"Now we know there is evidence of a Malaysian terror cell with ambitions to carry out such an attack and so this makes it even more credible."

Professor Glees added: "Islamist terrorists in Malaysia present the country with a really serious political problem.
The pilot and co-pilot are regarded as the most likely to have the specialist aviation expertise to locate and switch off radar, satellite and other transponders to remove the aircraft from the "grid" before changing its direction.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

Greetings all,

I didn't know what to think until the Malaysian PM's statement. Now I wonder if we are looking at another 9/11 level event here.

A hack-jacking is as effective as any other means of conventional hijacking. The appearance of external intelligent control on the airplane will unsettle the pilots so much they will simply do what the hack-jacker asks.

A hack-jacking defeats all the layers of aviation security.

Airplane control systems can be hacked from a distance without needing to be on board. So the entire perimeter security at airport is useless.

Airplane location and emission data can be modified by hacker post exploit. This way no one but the hack-jacker knows where the craft is so no one knows where to send the commandos and effect a rescue.

The hack jacker can ask for payment in bitcoin. Even if the payment itself is traceable, the process by which the aircraft owner buys the bitcoin will create a significant fluctuation in the market can be made to benefit the hack-jacker. The usual "follow the money trail" will not yield results.

Not since the days of D B Cooper has there been a more perfect crime.

Heretofore hack-jacking has been confined to the realm of post-cyberpunk fiction, where some writers have explored the not-so-good side of the "Internet of Things" (or its successor the "Internet of us" - networks of cybernetic bio implants).

If such ideas have left the realms of fiction - then all the SSR data in the entire world could be compromised and what you think is up there is not really up there at all and is somewhere completely different.
If there is any hint of this, then one needs a global ground stop until MH370 is found.

If as the Russians say the US has successfully brought the aircraft down at DG. That is fine, but the world needs to be told why this was done so that people don't have nightmares.

It is total bulls*** in this day and age for a wide body jet to go missing like this.

FWIW I still don't understand what Strobe is talking about but given my past run ins with him, I am not surprised.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Bodhita wrote:

I know Roberto Giori was onboard that plane, but that was not the reason for the hijack.

The BJP government had earlier, destroyed the NPT regime, tested nuclear weapons, and defeated pakistan in the Kargil war (a joint planning by US-Pak-China, and executed by pak). This had led to a consolidation of the Hindu identity as well as strengthened India's position internationally - something that upset the anglo empire's planning.

The Kandahar episode was used to destroy the credibility of the BJP in domestic (it was their Bofors episode). This was a bigger aim than rescuing an old man who was completely replaceable.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Rajiv Lather wrote:Not plausible. The Americans will shoot down any plane so far out, approaching DG, which does not respond to warning and then claim the downing proudly.

India will do the same to any plane approaching any of our bigger coastal cities.

breast beating after destroying a civilian airliner with so many passengers is easier said than done...

there have been 6 or 7 incidences since world war 2 where in a civilian airliner was blown up by the armed forces of a sovereign nation during peacetime (there have been a dozen more instances of blown air liners by militia and terrorist organisation ,but that is a different issue ...)...

in most instances there was no admission of guilt.

the most notable incident is the italian airlines flight 870, which is likely to have been destroyed by the french during a NATO training exercise,killing all of the 80 passengers ...even the italian court ruled that it was most likely destroyed by a missile...but nato ot french, never admitted the guilt..

other instance was the soviets blowing up korean air 007 killing 269 ,near sakhalin.. the soviets initially denied having blown it up but later had to be admit it .. this was perhaps a case of genuine human error..those were the days reagan was engaged in star wars rhetoric ..Andropov bought the crap and genuinely believed that reagan would undertake a first nukular strike...
and the russians were testing an ICBM ... khan's rc 135s were flying around the soviet airspace. ...the soviets thinking it to be a rc 135 scrambled a su 15 ...the korean air requested the japanese atc to ascend...russians thought it was an evasive manoeuvre ..and halaaled it...

when american blew up iran air 655 , they had to give flimsy excuses ...they could hardly breast beat ...eventually they had to issue an apology and compensation..

the most recent example is in 2001 when ukranians downed a siberian air tupolev filled with israeli's headed for tel aviv...this was again a case wherein a military exercise was going on...

the only case when the countries readily admitted guilt was when the bulgarians downed an el al ..(this is extremely old case in 50s) ...and when israeli's downed an libyan airliner..(in this case adequate warnings were given but the libyan pilots were hell bent upon reaching jannat.. the surviving co-pilot confirmed that iaf gave adequate warnings...

if i ran a country and my boys blew up an airliner , I d surely cover up the story if possible rather than admit guilt..
Last edited by gakakkad on 16 Mar 2014 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

unlike drones, commercial a/c would not have a interface between remote command link and plane controls. so if RC plane theory be true,
1) some flight engineers may have rigged up a special kit and "plugged it into the system" . have to be boeing alums to know so much.
2) under sher khan orders, this plane among others already had the interface perhaps to avert future 911 by taking over remotely, but someone stole the codes and misued it. must be pretty ruthless to kill 250 people just to prove a point.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

Sorry here is a better way to put this. I am going to step into the turf of the local surgeon here but it may be helpful. If one were to snip out the CTs and focus on what is left - here is what we have.

1) An airliner filled with people is missing.
2) Mission critical SSR and satellite emissions appear to have been interfered with.
3) No one seems to know what to do to remedy this situation.

Add those together and we are left with the single greatest threat to global commercial aviation since 9/11.

We can endlessly speculate about the known/unknown unknowns or even the unknowable unknowns - but it is the known knowns that determine our reality.

Does it really matter if Sher Khan or Kublai Khan or Changez Khan did it? - The fact is it is done.

Why should anyone step on an airplane in this environment?

Why should any ATC controller trust what shows up on the SSR?

Why should any pilot trust what he gets from his FBW systems?