General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reaction

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reac

Post by RoyG »

Wth is Mohammed Ansari doing up there?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

:shock: :eek: I think Sandhya Jain is stretching here a little. Other news reports do not mention this reason/excuse.
http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/26/i ... 27539.html
Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai was the first to signal that the rise of a strong leader in India has added spine to the region as a whole by refusing to meet the US President when summoned to the Bagram Air Base after Barack Obama made a surprise landing to rally his troops before US withdrawal. Stating that he was going to India to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi, he doubtless stunned all of Washington and the Western world.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Well.. the photo proved that Karzai made it to Dilli in good time. Presumably he had to allow for traffic etc, so his excuse was valid. He had to make a choice between going to the US Air Force Base to see the visiting Sultan as a vassal, or fly out to Dilli where he was welcomed by friends as the leader of a nation.

The US SD/WHOTUS have been loud and unrestrained in their sneering contempt of Karzai, basically because he does not kowtow to the paki-lovin' generalissimos of DupleeCity. Given this open contempt voiced so often, is it any surprise that Karzai, who is basically an honest man, made his choice?

BO's decision to fly out to Afghanistan, purportedly to make points by being seen with the troops in a completely pointless tamasha given that he's under fire at home for dragging his feet and stonewalling on the VA's treatment of the buddies of the troops in Afghanistan, now seems to have been an attempt to keep Karzai from going to Dilli, and instead offering to buy him a beer at the Air Base Officers' Mess. Sort-of like a teenager pouting at not having been invited to the best party in town, trying weakly to put on a competing party.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RoyG wrote:Wth is Hamid Ansari doing up there?
Vice president
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sure enough, Sugar Thief is in the center of the PhotoOp. Picture must have been taken by a DDM papparazzi. Could someone pls give an L-R? I can identify Sugar Thief, NaMo, Karzai and I guess Rajapakse, that's it. Hu da rest?
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

My guess ... L-R

Nepal PM
Bangladesh Speaker
SL PM
Mauritius PM
Al Bakistan GHQ gulam
Indian VP
Indian President
The hopes of 1.2 billion people - Nah, More!
President of Afghanistan
Maldives President
Bhutan PM

Prime Minister of Bhutan Lyonchen Tshering Tobgay, Bangladesh Speaker Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala and Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, Mauritius Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

No one flom supelpowel tarrel and failel fiends? :(
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Finally after a period of 1800 years a leader arises from Bharatha who brings together all the regional heads of the Jambu Dwipa saluting the flag of Bharatha. Many of these leaders have had their peoples converted to alien faiths and ways of life but not to worry the Bharathiya lion shall bring amends to their ways and the final winner is the Bharathiya Flag.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Yogi_G wrote:Finally after a period of 1800 years a leader arises from Bharatha who brings together all the regional heads of the Jambu Dwipa saluting the flag of Bharatha. Many of these leaders have had their peoples converted to alien faiths and ways of life but not to worry the Bharathiya lion shall bring amends to their ways and the final winner is the Bharathiya Flag.
Easy there hammer. We have to wait and see. No doubt, this is a major victory for dharmic forces. The war still hasn't been one. We have to unify all the dharmic kingdoms into 1 economic and security union and win the war against the maoist and abrahamic forces.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

shiv wrote:
RoyG wrote:Wth is Hamid Ansari doing up there?
Vice president
Not just that, in this context, he is the Legislature representative as Rajya Sabha speaker too apart from being part of Executive as VP
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

Since there is no Lok sabha speaker as of now, a rep from Legislature is required. Reps from Legislature, Judiciary & Executive swears in a PM
arijitkm
BRFite

Post by arijitkm »

Indian flavored mouth watering cuisine served to Nawaz and other guests. The Nation
A bunch of delicious and traditional Indian cuisine dishes served to Nawaz Sharif and other guests at Rashtrapati Bhavan during Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony on today. The following dishes were served to guests at the Presidency:
Chilled Melon Soup, Chilled soup made of muskmelon and herbs, Chicken Hazarvi, Chicken pieces marinated in mixture of cheese, cream and cooked in clay oven, Tandoori Aloo, Potatoes stuffed with light masala and cooked in clay oven, Galauti Kabab, Grilled medallions of tender lamb minced with spices, Arbi Ke Kabab, Medallions of mashed colocassia with spices and grilled, Prawn Stew (Kerala), Prawns cooked in coconut milk and Indian spices, Vegetable Stew (Kerala), Greens cooked in coconut milk and Indian spices, Chicken Chettinad (Tamil Nadu), Chicken cooked in coconut milk and pepper, Kadhi (Gujarat), Fried dumplings of gram flour in tangy gravy of yoghurt and gram flour, Birbali Kofta Curry, Vegetable dumplings simmered in rich gravy, Jaipuri Bhindi (Rajasthan), Okra wrapped with Indian herbs, deep fried and seasoned with chaat masala, Kela Methi Nu Shaak (Gujarat), Plantain and fenugreek leaves cooked together and tempered with cumin seeds, Dal Makhani (Punjab), Black lentils, bengal gram and kidney beans cooked with tomato puree, Potol Dorma (West Bengal), Pointed gourd stuffed with vegetable and potatoes and cooked in onion, tomato gravy, Steamed Rice, Long grain Basmati rice cooked to perfection, Assorted Indian Breads, Cucumber Raita/Papad, Shrikhand (Maharashtra), Hung curd and sugar flavoured with green cardamom and saffron, Pineapple Halwa, A rich sweet preparation of pineapple and dry fruits, Sandesh (West Bengal), A light creamy delicacy made with curdled milk, Green Tea/ South Indian Coffee.
Khao, Piyo, Khush Raho aur Hame vi khush rakho, nahito .....aab Modi ageya.
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Interesting comment by a paki in the Nation.pk article posted by Arijit:
Sher:
I am surprized to watch our TV transmissions, they are showing in LIVE, so what happened, it looks like that, this MEDIA has made Pakistan a province of India?
I can only say at this time, shame.
So it was shown live? Rejoice Pakis your real overlord has reins of Bharat :D
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shame that they didn't feed Nawaz Sharif some Gandhari peppers and Malloostani Kadumanga and trained the videocamera on his mug and his ears. They could have used Background Oriented Schlieren to see the heat emanating from the ears.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

UlanBatori wrote:Shame that they didn't feed Nawaz Sharif some Gandhari peppers and Malloostani Kadumanga and trained the videocamera on his mug and his ears. They could have used Background Oriented Schlieren to see the heat emanating from the ears.
Ouch! Ah, but you cunning YinJin Earring Yindoo brings out long lost memories of things like Schlieren fotus :(( :((
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Why is it that the BJP site does not allow one to make payments.The CC avenue site doesn't work.
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

prasannasimha wrote:Why is it that the BJP site does not allow one to make payments.The CC avenue site doesn't work.
Because they dont care about "little" donations from "little" people. They are not short of money. Anything under ten million rupee (Crore) does not interest them. Nor does it any other political party in India, even small regional ones.
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

MAYI ASK THE MODERATORS TO SECURE THIS POST, SO THAT WE CAN KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS AND REFER TO IT PERIODICALY AND CERTAINLY AT THE END OF FIVE YEARS ? - R

With all the hopes and expectations from the middle class in India, mainly educated and urban, I would like here to express a word of caution and some apprehensions on the extent to which Modi will be able to bring about revolutionary changes. If everyone recalls, Mr. Vajpayee came to office with similar expectations and optimism, just like the Janata Party government in 1979 after emergency, when Mrs. Gandhi was defeated. In fact, unlike Mr. Vajpayee, who did not even have a BJP majority, the Janata Party had close to if not actually a two thirds majority. It did not take long for that Janata Party government to disintegrate. I dont think it even completed its full term. So here are reasons why I am cautious and apprehensive.

1. I hope that Mr. Modi does not fall into the classic trap of being at a subconscious level, an "aspirer" to being a part of the English speaking St Stephens crowd. I hope he does not feel that now that he has become the PM, that he has now become their "equal" and now he will act in ways to vindicate his reputation by acting just like other politicians, particularly Congress politicians. There are several reasons why I think this may not be totally out of the realm of reality. One, once in power, not only the BJPians of Vajpayee ilk, but also supposed hardliners like Advani and his ilk, started behaving exactly like Congressis, and there was hardly anything to distinguish between the Congress governments and Vajpayee's BJP government. Same is true for most BJP ruled state governments. One can hardly distinguish them from a Congress ruled state (Gujarat being an exception, of course) The jingos here will be quick to jump up and down and claim, well, those were all "non-Modis", that Modi is different. Well, maybe and I certainly hope Modi is different. But ever since 2002, it has seemed to me like Modi has always been on the defensive himself on the Muslim issue in India and instead of doubling down and standing firm on his original anti-Islamist stance, he has instead been busy justifying himself on how he treats everyone equally and in his reign, muslims do not have to fear ( I will admit to coming from an point of view that a little bit of fear is a good thing). I personally dont think, that at least this time around, had Modi continued to explicitly maintain his hard stance against the Islamists, it would have made more than 1% difference in his vote share, if that. Almost all the people who voted for Modi this time around would have voted for him anyway, even if he had a harder stance.
The second thing that makes me think that Modi may not meet all our expectations is because he never ever brought up the issue of deliberate and systematic step by step destruction of our defense preparedness by successive Congress and other non-BJP governments. I am not sure, Modi is even aware of the dismal level of our actual defense preparedness on the ground. The last BJP government did not raise a red flag about lack of defense preparedness which was compromised by their Congress predecessors and in fact, did not do much to enhance and rebuild our defenses. Lastly, I would have expected Modi to start with a very stern stand against Paki, not invited them to his inauguration and then extract concessions from the Paki for even small favors that India would perform for them, such as talking to them at all, or serving them a meal or even acknowledging them as interlocutors. If the argument for inviting them is the opinion of the "International Community", then let me remind everyone, Mao did not care a damn for "International Opinion", and yet it was Nixon who visited China first, not Mao. Even the present day, so called "Moderate capitalist" Chinese leaders dont care a damn about the "International Community" today. Just ask the Phillipines, the Japanese, the Vietnamese and the Indians. There should have been a de-facto non recognition of Pakistan on day one of his taking office, without making it public, but by making it a silent policy within his government. He should have started off by treating Pakis as pariahs and launched a very strong diplomatic initiative in all world capitals with full multi-media presentations of the history of India, how India was invaded by Islamists, how Pakistan was formed, how Paki is a virulently Islamic nation - just a frontier arm of the larger Islamists expansionists forces and point out clearly the differences between India and Pak. This diplomatic initiative should have ended with the unmistakable conclusion that if Hong Kong is recognized by the international community as a part of China, if Taiwan is more or less regarded by the rest of the world as a renegade province of China and if Tibet of all places is recognized by most of the world as part of China, why cant Pakistan be considered a breakaway rogue province of India, a completely illegitimate entity to begin with and continues to be as proven by its acts everyday, to be reunited in the long run, "preferably by peaceful means", This attempt should have been made to gain as much leverage as possible before finally and grudgingly sitting down in talks with Paki. But again, Modi played right into Paki hands by appearing smiling and harmless. Why soften a hardline image for nothing ? It is hard enough to get an Indian of any station with a hard and ruthless image and here by some miracle which only occurs once in a millennium, we finally got a Prime Minister, no less with that image, why would you give it up ? In fact, Modi should not have directly engaged with Paki at all, not over-exposed himself at all, and maintained a mystery, an aura and a sense of darkness and foreboding around him, which could have been used as a huge advantage for the country, when everybody and their brother would keep guessing what Modi is thinking and what he would do next - kinda like an Indian rightist Mao with a finger on the nuclear button. I certainly hope that Modi did not fall into the trap of self-aggrandizement by our typical Indian thinking that no party is a real party or a big party or a prestigious party, unless some "big people" attend that party and thus his invites to these other Saarc leaders ("big people"). We all are familiar with the current syndrome or even the sickness that has inflicted us Indians from top to bottom - no wedding is complete or worth going to, unless there is a minister or two and a commissioner attending or at least an MLA or two and the collector, no matter how corrupt or uncouth they are. By the way, what is up with Farouq Abdullah these days. He comes from a "good family". I have never seen him this uncouth before. His son, Omar, is just a crook and an opportunist, but Farouq was a better guy. Better than both his father and his son. Now he is just uncouth.

2. The second thing that makes me apprehensive of whether Modi will meet our expectations is that fact that politically Modi does not have good advisers. I dont know much about Amit Shah and Nada, but I am not sure that even if they are the best, that they have the heft to counter all the corrupt, the mediocre, the charlatans, the personally over-ambitious and particularly the ignorant, the disloyal chameleons, the opportunists, the short sighted, the uneducated, the complete non visionaries, the castiests, the fools, the anti or non nationalists and the idiots which are the rest of the BJP party, just like any other political party in India. Let us look at who all surround Modi today. Arun Jaitley, falls in the total non-visionary, personally over-ambitious, possibly a disloyal opportunist, certainly a chameleon, at best a non-nationalist and very much part of the "old school congress political culture" (no I dont mean he was a Congressi ever). Such people do not want revolutions or to make waves, they want to feel cozy and secure in being part of the establishment so that they can now fully utilize, what they think is "their turn" to use power to their personal advantage. Jaitley will certainly pull Modi towards the "center", if not "left" and try to keep any "controversial" hardline decisions at bay. Next, Sushma Swaraj, the less said about her the better. Next, Rajnath Singh. Fat, dumb and happy and totally clueless. He was in the right place at the right time to ride the Modi wave. He was and is nothing more than a figure head. The only thing going for him is that he is loyal to Modi, will fight for him and he did not allow himself to feel self important enough to come in the way of Modi getting elected. He is also honest. But being dumb and a total non-visionary cancel out all his advantages. He in no way can match Jaitley or Swaraj in guile or cunning to act as a counter against them. Then look at all the others. There is no one that can be said to have either the heft or the vision or the conviction or the nationalistic credentials to second Modi, if ever he attempts any bold or revolutionary moves. BJP ruled and other party state governments will be another headache for Modi and will act as an ally of the likes of Jaitley and Swaraj, against Modi's natural inclinations and leanings. VK Singh ? Maybe, he comes close, but he does not have the heft to counter the heavy weights, at least yet. So, we have Modi, who will be internally sabotaged and externally challenged by other casteist groups, the likes of Lalu, Mulayam, MAyawati, Mamata, Amma and maybe even Patnaik, although I tend to think that Patnaik is the most sober of the lot and not as destructive. The problem is that Modi does not have a good support system. In addition to Amit Shah and Nada, if he can get people like Brahma Chellany, and the likes of KPS Gill, maybe he will create a better support system for himself. He should also try and get people like Maninderjit Singh Bitta, regardless of party affiliations to join him and then create a new "Modi corps" to create a full line of succession for continuity in addition to create a support system for him in the present.

3. The third thing that makes me apprehensive is the Indian people in general. When the people by an overwhelming majority are corrupt, non-nationalist and uncouth and presumably mostly voted for Modi only on the basis of them being "aspirational", not "sacrifitional", I wonder what one man alone can do, no matter how tall or how strong or how good. He has one billion crabs to pull him down.
Last edited by member_23692 on 28 May 2014 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ A people who can never be happy. Basically it is, "unless Modi does like I think he ought to, he will go down the path to failure". However much one may disagree with Modi's vision for India, I don't think even his worst detractors doubt that Modi is in this for that vision, not for himself. So that feeling of untrustworthiness one has with Sonia & Rahul Gandhi need not be there.

Dear people, ALL democratic politics is about compromises. Compromise means nobody gets all that they want.

Then what is success and what is failure? You must weigh all the positives against all the negatives and see which one predominates.

A second truth is NO ONE, not even an avataar of Vishnu, can fight a war simultaneously on multiple fronts, and win all the battles. Dear people, don't mistake not taking up a particular fight now as a sign that the fight is on permanent hold.

Face the future with confidence, not with the perpetual fear of failure.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

AnantS wrote:Interesting comment by a paki in the Nation.pk article posted by Arijit:
Sher:
I am surprized to watch our TV transmissions, they are showing in LIVE, so what happened, it looks like that, this MEDIA has made Pakistan a province of India?
I can only say at this time, shame.
So it was shown live? Rejoice Pakis your real overlord has reins of Bharat :D
Just a matter of time before they go back to their ancestor's idol-worshipping ways :twisted:
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^ A people who can never be happy. Basically it is, "unless Modi does like I think he ought to, he will go down the path to failure". However much one may disagree with Modi's vision for India, I don't think even his worst detractors doubt that Modi is in this for that vision, not for himself. So that feeling of untrustworthiness one has with Sonia & Rahul Gandhi need not be there.

Dear people, ALL democratic politics is about compromises. Compromise means nobody gets all that they want.

Then what is success and what is failure? You must weigh all the positives against all the negatives and see which one predominates.

A second truth is NO ONE, not even an avataar of Vishnu, can fight a war simultaneously on multiple fronts, and win all the battles. Dear people, don't mistake not taking up a particular fight now as a sign that the fight is on permanent hold.

Face the future with confidence, not with the perpetual fear of failure.

Fair enough, we should compromise and settle for less. That is one point of view.

But then, let us not set lofty goals for ourselves. In this forum alone, we never tire of declaring that "we will break Pakistan up", that "ours is a more enduring civilization with a greater moral basis than even the Chinese", that "Dharma will prevail" and that "Massa will soon have to recognize us as superior beings and kneel before us". Look at Kjoishy's post just above this one. He talks about Pakis going back to the "idol worshipping ways of their ancestors". Does that sound like a compromise goal to you ? We should just settle for smaller goals such as making Nawaz Sharif go through torture by sitting through a Narendra Modi inauguration in the middle of a Delhi Summmer.

No one is talking about fighting a war on many fronts nor is one talking about fear of failure. I am simply making a case for introspection, fighting a constant battle within ourselves against our own demons, be always vigilant of our own follies which cause us to repeatedly fall into the same trap of failure and move forward with caution, always guarding against our own follies and never be complacent about them.

I dont know about Vishnu, you seem to know Him better, but certainly the followers of Confucious can fight multiple wars at the same time. As friendless as India is, China is even more so. And yet, it fights everybody on multiple fronts. It is not that we cannot. We can too, we just have to have the right strategy, tactics, discipline and most importantly, the concept of self-sacrifice.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

All these comments and whining is making one feel like Janata Party redux or a later day version of it. I hope not, for the sake of the nation. No one is spared, neither the PM nor any of his ministers. What a way to begin a new era for this forum. There is no need for uber bhakti but even CT theories and uber whining needs to be limited too.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Note: As a thread starter I make a request. This thread was originally started to capture the rituals, ceremonies, hardship, enthusiasm, determination, commitment, energy, capabilities, flaws, weaknesses ityadi of India and its institutions in conducting a MASSIVE & PEACEFUL exercise unlike ever seen in history.

As ramana mentioned in the very first page - no political tirades. This is not a Pro-BJP or Pro-Modi thread, and neither an anti-Congress, anti-MMS or anti-Sonia thread.

It is not a thread to ridicule any community or any other country as well. India can be celebrated without having to downplay other countries.

Even after the title of the thread has been changed after the elections, it is still about 'transition of power' and 'world reaction', please keep that angle in your mind when you post.

Have positive energy flowing, please. If you see negative reaction in media of the World, just point it and leave it there. We all can laugh in our hearts and move on.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rsangram wrote:MAYI ASK THE MODERATORS TO SECURE THIS POST, SO THAT WE CAN KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS AND REFER TO IT PERIODICALY AND CERTAINLY AT THE END OF FIVE YEARS ? - R

<snip>

Of course, I could be all wrong.
Why keep this post for five years it you are not sure that you are right?

if you think you are wrong, you can keep it archived yourself. It is of no use to me, or to anyone else as far as I can tell.

The only possible reason you want it preserved for five years on a public forum is that you can revisit and say how right you were after five years, but you have covered your ass against being wrong by the disclaimer that you could be wrong. You will triumphantly claim the points which were right and point at the disclaimer where you are wrong.

This is a long and boring post with a purely self-serving motive. I suggest you delete it yourself. Or alternatively, archive it yourself.
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

shiv wrote:
rsangram wrote:MAYI ASK THE MODERATORS TO SECURE THIS POST, SO THAT WE CAN KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS AND REFER TO IT PERIODICALY AND CERTAINLY AT THE END OF FIVE YEARS ? - R

<snip>

Of course, I could be all wrong.
Why keep this post for five years it you are not sure that you are right?

if you think you are wrong, you can keep it archived yourself. It is of no use to me, or to anyone else as far as I can tell.

The only possible reason you want it preserved for five years on a public forum is that you can revisit and say how right you were after five years, but you have covered your ass against being wrong by the disclaimer that you could be wrong. You will triumphantly claim the points which were right and point at the disclaimer where you are wrong.

This is a long and boring post with a purely self-serving motive. I suggest you delete it yourself. Or alternatively, archive it yourself.
I had said that in all humility.

But I am happy to remove that caveat from that post. I fully stand by my post, categorically and unequivocally.

After reading hundreds of your boring posts, I am sure you can live with a few of mine that may bore you. I would take my own boring posts ratio to yours, any day. In addition to your posts being boring, they are highly pompous as well, not to mention comical, some may say, buffoonish. I say that in all humility, please dont take it otherwise....

If you find my posts boring, I suggest you dont read them and/or respond to them. I will from now on do the same to you and your posts.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Reminds me of what my late friend M.A.D.R*** told my also late friend An***, about MAD's dad The Judge. One day the Defense Counsel yelled at the Prosecutor:
U R the Worst IDIOT in the whole Duniya!
The prosecutor retorted:
NO, U R the worst IDIOT!!
The Judge gravel pounded his gavel and said:
Order! Order! You are both forgetting that I am sitting right here!!
In that spirit, in all humility, may I say that no, I am the most boring postor.

Here are some of my predictions:
1. More than 1.25 billion Indians will DIE in the next 50 to 60 years. Mostly of old age. Some of boredom from reading PeeAref.
2. (sorry, what was I saying?)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Modi off to a good start:
Modi also held talks with Hamid Karzai.. Karzai told Indian TV that, ....Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was responsible for an attack last week on India's consulate in the western Afghanistan city of Herat.The LeT, which has also been blamed for the Mumbai attack, has long targeted Indian interests and New Delhi has accused Islamabad of shielding, or working with, the group. "They wanted to cause embarrassment to both Afghanistan and India around that inauguration of the new Prime Minister," Karzai told Times Now.

Karzai, who has presented India with a wish-list of weapons to tackle Islamist Taliban militants after the departure of foreign forces, said some on the list had already been offered and he was confident that Modi would consider the rest favourably.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rsangram wrote:
I had said that in all humility.

But I am happy to remove that caveat from that post. I fully stand by my post, categorically and unequivocally.

After reading hundreds of your boring posts, I am sure you can live with a few of mine that may bore you. I would take my own boring posts ratio to yours, any day. In addition to your posts being boring, they are highly pompous as well, not to mention comical, some may say, buffoonish. I say that in all humility, please dont take it otherwise....

If you find my posts boring, I suggest you dont read them and/or respond to them. I will from now on do the same to you and your posts.
I can see all the touching humility in your post. Please do go ahead and remove your ass covering disclaimer as you have offered. Hope to read another post from you after five years. In the meantime I trust you will continue to be bored to distraction by my posts. The choice of what I do is mine and your instructions to me, like your posts are redundant.
Last edited by shiv on 28 May 2014 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

I think it was a smart move by Modi inviting the Packee PM. There had been several news releases that the Packees were aprehensive about Modi's foreign policies. So it a very assuring move to invite them to his inaugural. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. Extend the hand of good relations. It up to the packees to reciprocate. Altough I don't think they are completely in charge of their country. At least the US has found it to be that way.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

rsangram wrote:
prasannasimha wrote:Why is it that the BJP site does not allow one to make payments.The CC avenue site doesn't work.
Because they dont care about "little" donations from "little" people. They are not short of money. Anything under ten million rupee (Crore) does not interest them. Nor does it any other political party in India, even small regional ones.

Just donate to a charity

Actually Suswamy cares about all donations and can really stretch the money in his court cases. You can donate to him to
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rsangram wrote: I had said that in all humility.
Thank you for removing the caveat that you might be wrong, and stating categorically and unequivocally that you stand by your post. Your concern for the country and its people seems to be as humble in its value and scope as that of your dolorogenic post, for which you seek archival for the next five years.

I would simply like to highlight part of your post, so it will be read and remembered. This is a "sacrifitional" choice I make on your behalf.
rsangram wrote: 3. The third thing that makes me apprehensive is the Indian people in general. When the people by an overwhelming majority are corrupt, non-nationalist and uncouth and presumably mostly voted for Modi only on the basis of them being "aspirational", not "sacrifitional", I wonder what one man alone can do, no matter how tall or how strong or how good. He has one billion crabs to pull him down.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

TSJones wrote:Altough I don't think they are completely in charge of their country. At least the US has found it to be that way.
True that. We (as in US) should know because we are in charge of the country :wink:
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

rsangram wrote: 3. The third thing that makes me apprehensive is the Indian people in general. When the people by an overwhelming majority are corrupt, non-nationalist and uncouth and presumably mostly voted for Modi only on the basis of them being "aspirational", not "sacrifitional", I wonder what one man alone can do, no matter how tall or how strong or how good. He has one billion crabs to pull him down.
This is more a cheap shot. This is more like a deracinated one who is not connected to the people

http://news.yahoo.com/indian-muslims-wa ... 39628.html
Indian Muslims wary of PM's Hindu nationalist ties
AHMADABAD, India (AP) — With his long beard and white skullcap, Mohammed Naseem makes no secret that he's a devout Muslim in a country

Please post comments on the story. There are about 50-100 stories on Modi both good and bad by all media reported in the West.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rajeev Mantri ‏@RMantri 23m

“The international Left is deeply distressed at the prospect of serious economic progress in India.” http://j.mp/1is1tG5 via @dhume
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

UlanBatori wrote:Modi off to a good start:
Modi also held talks with Hamid Karzai.. Karzai told Indian TV that, ....Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was responsible for an attack last week on India's consulate in the western Afghanistan city of Herat.The LeT, which has also been blamed for the Mumbai attack, has long targeted Indian interests and New Delhi has accused Islamabad of shielding, or working with, the group. "They wanted to cause embarrassment to both Afghanistan and India around that inauguration of the new Prime Minister," Karzai told Times Now.

Karzai, who has presented India with a wish-list of weapons to tackle Islamist Taliban militants after the departure of foreign forces, said some on the list had already been offered and he was confident that Modi would consider the rest favourably.
according to this, karzai has also told modi that herat attack was a lashkar attempt to take hostages and make a crisis when modi is sworn in.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 642841.cms
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

New Indian Express ‏@NewIndianXpress 10m

#Chinese Foreign Minister to Visit #India Next Month - http://tnie.in/1py8XvX #NarendraModi
NEW DELHI: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will come here on June 8 as his government's special envoy to establish connection with the new dispensation at the Centre.

According to sources, Wang's visit reflects the importance Chinese government attaches to ties with India.

China yesterday expressed keen interest in establishing high-level contacts with India's new leadership at the earliest to step up engagement in political, trade and economic areas.

"China attaches high importance to relations with India and is ready to work with the new Indian government to maintain high-level contacts," China's influential State Councillor Yang Jiechi told India's Ambassador Ashok K Kantha during a meeting in Beijing.

China was reportedly keen that a top Indian leader attends the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of Panchasheel, the five principles enunciated jointly by former prime minster Jawaharlal Nehru and his then Chinese counterpart Zhou Enlai.

The event in which leaders of China, India and Myanmar are expected to participate is slated to be held in China on June 28.

Also, Chinese President Xi Jinping, who took over last year, had expressed interest to visit India after the swearing-in of the new government.

Last year, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang made New Delhi his first stop abroad after he took over the high office to convey the importance China's leadership attached to improving relations with India. Modi's first trip abroad will be keenly watched here.

On Monday, Li congratulated Modi after he was sworn-in.

China views India as a "natural cooperative partner" and it is ready to work with the new Narendra Modi-led government to take their strategic cooperative partnership to a "new level", Li said.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 7m

India may be becoming "less amenable to control by a small, English-speaking, quasi-hereditary political class." http://m.weeklystandard.com/articles/in ... tml?page=1
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Check the English speaking elites pretending to be leftists who are discussing the election.
Looks like they are afraid of the big business supporting the govt and taking the country for development

They feed on poverty

Interesting comment

The growth in India has stopped and they want a racist xenophobia leaders that will promote their bizarre religion and their many deformed God's. 
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What is with this non-sense of keeping friends close and Enemies closer. A enemy too close can stab you inconveniently. Better keep enemy at arms length, In fact make the length double the barrel of AK-47 so that yuou can shoot with zen calm.
One more non-sensical dialogue from western movie which everyone laps up.