Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr

Postby abhijitm » 24 May 2014 15:25

anmol wrote:
Christine Fair · @CChristineFair

Being PNG'ed is like being pregnant: you can't get more pregnant.

What is 'being PNG'ed'? :-?

Atri
BRF Oldie

Postby Atri » 24 May 2014 15:27

persona non grata.. banned..

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Postby abhijitm » 24 May 2014 16:17

This news
Air strikes in North Waziristan Agency after Government's approval
has this picture :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hope BRF mujahidins remember this photoo.
These same commandoos this time were dropped from the musharraf of airplane, landing softly by the grace of allah the mighty.

Brave commandoos during their earlier adventure

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Postby anupmisra » 24 May 2014 17:04

The same leaping mards were seen performing their high wire act Jirga from a pickup truck this time (note the receding shadows). They are everywhere (omnipresent, man!) like cirque du soleil or the Blue Man Group

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Postby anupmisra » 24 May 2014 17:07

VikasRaina wrote:Who taught her this colorful language..Too much for Paki Attache..

She had an "affaire" with a paki.

Narad
BRFite

Postby Narad » 24 May 2014 17:35

coofer!! Juu are naat pious enough to decode deep matlab in the bicchar. cant ju see that all jaanbaz momeens are in air onlee bhile striking.

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Postby Lilo » 24 May 2014 18:01

anupmisra wrote:
VikasRaina wrote:Who taught her this colorful language..Too much for Paki Attache..

She had an "affaire" with a paki.

Rather, I remember she always had that colorful speech.

Thought her Culture Coach(or somebody in that role) accompanying her during her Punjabi/tUrdu classes in LaWhore(mid nineties) pulled a fastone over her by telling that Pakis speak just like americans do.
Since then she has been translating "regular" american idiom to Punjabi/tUrdu with these colorful results.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 24 May 2014 19:15

Anujan wrote:Apparently Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri said that the new Indian government is headed by a terrorist in Arnab's show in times now. Why arent such people blacklisted?

How else will ornob manage his TRPs??

He always gets the most foul mouthed pakis on his show and he further instigates them to excel.

ornob needs to get his vocal cords circumcised. he has already done with the lobotomy.

AbhiJ
BRFite

Postby AbhiJ » 24 May 2014 19:46

6 STFU-PAkjabis get minned in their IEDology in Jahilya

Six soldiers were killed today when an improvised explosive devise (IED) planted by militants targeted a security forces convoy in northwest Pakistan

Clicky

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 24 May 2014 19:48

schinnas wrote:
chetak wrote:I grant you that the tamil guys may have their grievances but to constantly undermine national interest for petty, personal and political expediency is really pathetic. amma included.

Leave the sinhala alone. They did right to polish off the ltte. No one else would have had the guts to do what they rightly did, in their best national interest.

You are totally missing the point. LTTE is a terrorist org and most Tamils in India including JJ are not shedding tears for them. However, what many Indians dont recognize is that Srilanka and Rajapakse has turned fascist with a unitary model country depriving Tamils of their language, culture and religion and in effect stating Sri lanka is for Singhalese. What Rajapakse did in SL is not very different from what Pakis did in East Bengal. What Rajapakse stands for is polar opposite of what India stands for. Also there is a wrong notion that Sri Lankan Tamils are Christians. Majority of them are staunch Shivites and Singhalese regularly bombed temples in their civil war.

People confusing Srilankan situation with India (esp J&K) dont understand that Bharat at its core has an inclusive civilization and gives equal rights to everyone, which was not the case in East Pakistan or Srilanka under Rajapakse. Exclusivist philosophies followed violently by Rajapakse's Srilanka or East Pakistan are contrary to our fundamental values. Being against LTTE shouldn't mean we should support Rajapakse. Both of them are against what India stands for. If India does not take a moral stand against the continued discrimination against Tamils in our own backyard, shame on us. Next time any section of people of Indian origin are attacked and discriminated against anywhere in the world, we would lose the moral right to support them.

Replied in the Sri Lanka - News and Discussion thread

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 24 May 2014 19:48

I watched that Arnab TSP crap for 10 mins and I couldn't take it. But I must come on the side of TSP on this one, not from an empathetical standpoint, but from a logical. Does Arnab or any of his other guests including erudite ones of GP (why on earth does he participate in that circus I don't know) expect TSP to concede India's argument? I mean TSP has always said "core issue" and they stick to that. TSP always says "self determination" and they stick to that. And to butress those claims, they have the terror machine speak. So their message is very clear: all these attacks are by "non state" BS, and once you resolve the "core issue" (meaning let KMs decide they want to embrace TSP), everything will be hunky dory. How can one win a verbal duel with them? Only guns and covert response will be the right answer, and ignore the MoFos like plague.

AbhiJ
BRFite

Postby AbhiJ » 24 May 2014 20:00

Update from Pakistan: Mohotarma Foreign Secret-ary

Update

Pakistan on Thursday said it wants uninterrupted and uninterruptible dialogue process with India to resolve all the issues, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir.
Foreign Office spokesperson Tasnim Aslam, in her weekly briefing at the Foreign Office, said

The spokesperson said Pakistan had expectations that India will come forward for the resumption of meaningful and constructive composite dialogue process, so that both the countries could focus on sustainable peace and development of the region.

On the other hand, we do not discriminate against Indian journalists based in Pakistan; they are part of the media corps here

On Islamabad’s expectations regarding the resumption of composite dialogue with New Delhi, Tasnim stated, “On the expectations, I would not like to speculate. However, we have expectations that stem from our interest in having peace so that we focus on economic development – peace for development and peace with dignity. :rotfl:

Balochistan is not an issue between Pakistan and India

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 24 May 2014 20:17

Nawaz Sharif should not have been allowed to stay for two days in India and meet the President and the new PM after the ceremony. This should have been avoided completely.

ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Postby ShauryaT » 24 May 2014 20:36

SSridhar wrote:Nawaz Sharif should not have been allowed to stay for two days in India and meet the President and the new PM after the ceremony. This should have been avoided completely.
People who expect that a Modi government means the shunning of Pakistan or non engagement are in for a disappointment. Does not mean the style, purpose and pace will not be any different but do expect engagement. It is only through engagement that Indian policy aims have any hope of progress. It will be much like ABV, which had a lot of trial and error. Hope this one is with less errors.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Postby ramana » 24 May 2014 20:55

Peregrine wrote:
JE Menon wrote:^^pls translate ...

JE Menon Ji :

1. Kiss my Alpha - - Echo. That is what she meant. The word "Bund" refers to the Entrance to the Rear Garden of Delights.

2 Brig Gay Dear Catter : Catter - Bilu or Billa - short for Bilal

Added Later : She is one smart cookie! Cat is not the Clue. It is the opposit Dog.

The Brig Gay Dear is : Abdullah Dogar who is the Defence & Army Attache.

Cheers Image

Awesome decoding. I think he wiil get recalled.

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 24 May 2014 21:03

I agree with SSJi. Like a faltering opening batsman, ModiJi has not started well. Meeting the puke for anything more than he does with other SAARC leaders is tantamount to sucking up, something that he himself excoriated MMS for. Congis will be laughing their butts off.

ShauryaT, what does engagement mean? In the absence of any pressure India can bring to bear on TSP, engagement means India will have to make concessions to TSP on TSP's terms because they have pressure point on India: pigLeTs and nuke blackmail and 3.5.

ABV's policy was nothing more than MMS's policy albeit using a different set of words to describe it. Agra and Kandahar are surrenders of the worst kind, only MMS's 26/11 surrender was worse. All that ABV has got to show is some bogus toothless statement that Mush made in the slumbad declaration of 2004.

And neither MMS nor ABV raised the US's support to TSP in their parleys with US. Both were willing to be side kicks, ABV with his crap about India and US being natural allies, and of course we know abut MMS's grovelling.

I am hoping ModiJi and his team will at least raise the issue of US support to the terrorist enterprise however much US tries to sugar coat it.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Postby Peregrine » 24 May 2014 21:11

SSridhar wrote:Nawaz Sharif should not have been allowed to stay for two days in India and meet the President and the new PM after the ceremony. This should have been avoided completely.

SSridhar Ji :

Nawaz Sharif will arrive with an Entourage of 100 may be 150 Bhooka Nangas (cf Late Ardesher Cawasji) - if not more! Do you think that ALL and I mean ALL of them will hve been Vaccinated against POLIO. If not will be still enter India or you think they will turned back?

Cheers Image

Shankk
BRFite

Postby Shankk » 24 May 2014 21:11

There is a huge mistake people often make when it comes to India having dialogue with Pakistan. In a reflex action we just oppose it. It is quite understandable given our past experiences and I am aware of the reasoning behind it and also not blinded to miss the history of such endeavors. Always had the exact same opinion and favored a conflict with Pakistan that settles it once and for all. However lately I am coming around on that and realizing that the dialogue is crucial.

No matter how much we wish, India and Pakistan issue has never been bilateral, there are always third parties. Whether we like it or not we are like two cats fighting and the monkey is benefitting. This monkey keeps changing in any given situation but we cannot wish that away and that's exactly where these dialogues come in handy. Any dialogue between two countries is a pressure point on these external handlers of Pakistan. Any chance of rapprochement between two countries makes them extremely cagey and force them to make every effort to fail those efforts to avoid loosing a stick to beat India with or loose a vital ally to contain India.

This works in our favor. It is really a good and effective tool to identify elements inimical to us. It helps identify who is doing what in such circumstances. This works the same way for Pakistan as well. They also get a chance to find out the leverages their supporting countries has over them. Even if there is no outcome from these meetings, these meetings do add some hidden cost on these external parties in terms of both India and Pakistan threatening them "you better shape up or we will be friendly and then you loose all the benefits of we two constantly fighting". At this moment that is the only but very important benefit of these talks.

I wouldn't be surprised the talks about ISI within ISI is a realization coming from observing external parties reaction for many events, talks being one of them.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 24 May 2014 21:25

Shankk wrote:No matter how much we wish, India and Pakistan issue has never been bilateral, there are always third parties. Whether we like it or not we are like two cats fighting and the monkey is benefitting. This monkey keeps changing in any given situation but we cannot wish that away and that's exactly where these dialogues come in handy. Any dialogue between two countries is a pressure point on these external handlers of Pakistan.

I think we are the monkeys and we are getting nothing from talks.

The problem I see is the idea that "India" is talking to "Pakistan".

No matter how much we Indians hate it, the Indian leader who reaches an agreement with Pakistan will uphold the Indian side of the agreement because that is how things work in India.

But on the Paki side - we have never spoken to the people in control, the Paki army - who do not want to face us. Pakistanis never say in public that the army is in control. But they do admit it in private. We only talk to impotent politicians who cannot uphold or promise anything.

That apart neither the politicians nor the Pakistan army are in control of large parts of Pakistan. Whenever they wish to absolve themselves of any responsibility for terror they simply point to the fact that they are not in control of their own land and are also in trouble and cannot help us with terror. Fact is they are lying because the terror comes from within Pakistan

So I put it to you that there is no third party monkey "external handler" that loses out when we talk to shitistan. We lose because we talk to nobodies. No one is in ful control of Pakistan. Besides why talk? We have got nothing from talks. Given the internal situation in Pakistan, why is anyone surprised at that. Dialogue with Pakistan is pointless and useless.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Postby abhijitm » 24 May 2014 21:35

Are you sure? I thought all leaders are staying back and next day will have one-to-one discussion with Modi. Is it not happening?

member_28352
BRFite

Postby member_28352 » 24 May 2014 21:55

I mean TSP has always said "core issue" and they stick to that. TSP always says "self determination" and they stick to that.

If you talk to Bakistan it is always an opportunity to say that "core" issues need to be resolved. Badmash will also be in Indian television demanding this, including self determination for J&K. Why we needed to give Badmash an opportunity to raise "core" issues is beyond me. That too in the backdrop of an ISI/Taliban/Haqqani attack on our consulate in Herat.

Ramesh
BRFite

Postby Ramesh » 24 May 2014 22:05

^
If only wishes were horses...
I wish we discuss the core issue of self determination by people INCLUDING THE RIGHT OF SELF DETERMINATION OF SINDHIS, BALUCHIS, PASHTUNS..and yes a certain group of mohajirs in karachi.
Modiji will take an oath to uphold the constitution of India... respect for parliamentary resolutions are inbuilt in it.. including the resolution to take back POK.
If only wishes were hporses

Shankk
BRFite

Postby Shankk » 24 May 2014 22:06

I hear you Shiv. You are right to certain extent, there is no doubt about it. However think of it this way...these talks between two countries need not be conclusive. Only expense of these talks is airfare of few officials to Pakistan or hosting few officials from Pakistan thus chai and biscoot, may be chicken biryani as Shashi Tharoor wanted. We can certainly afford that. What we are getting in return is far more valuable than that investment.

I am really not concerned about pitfalls of talking to Pakistan except as you mentioned it will simply become a burden in the way that we stick to our share of bargain and they blatantly refuse. That is the exact place where we should have a strong and resolute leadership to behave like Pakistan without fear of loosing face in international community. Strength is required to face off the world not bulldoze Pakistan. Islam is doing a good job at that. Just let them be themselves and Islam will take care of them. RAPEs hate it more than they hate India when Islam is cited by Pakistanis to do anything regressive. They just want the benefits Islam give but are unwilling to pay the associated cost but do not want to digress from the main point here.

Strong reactions for Pakistan comes due to frustrations from past experiences and there is no denying of that. However I refuse to admit the popular sentiment on BRF that Pakistanis are wholesale idiots. As a society they have their share of idiots and weaknesses but lets not forget that we have not been successful enough in crushing them and solving our problem altogether. We must admit that they have some strengths that can not be just wished away.

Those strengths are sensible and talented people some of whom are in army and also are policy makers. There are powerful people in Pakistan who are genuinely interested in seeing prosperous and successful Pakistan. These talks expose hidden costs of fighting to them. Actually these are the ones who desperately want external parties to meddle in our bilateral affairs but it forces them to make the cost benefit analysis. Many others are blind enough to ignore any costs and keep fingering India. This is the tussle between power centers in Pakistan now. I will just leave it at that. Lets not talk more about the last point.

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Postby Anujan » 24 May 2014 22:08

On the other hand, I heard various chief ministers of the states of India are coming for a couple of days too 8)

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 24 May 2014 23:53

Lot of folks who were expecting Modi ji to play the act as per their desires are going to get disappointed not only now but also in future. NM is his own man and a smart one too.
In international relationships, one can not sulk and sit in a corner. Whatever the contours of Indo-Pak relationship during MMS+Sonia regime, NM has to build his relations with each of these leaders.

There is no agreement being reached with TSP or BD or SL. These are just casual visit by neighbors as new home owner in the locality has checked in.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 25 May 2014 00:04

shiv wrote:
JE Menon wrote:^^pls translate ...

Literally "Kiss my ass"

She will most probably ask for raw Lahori Pyaz to relish and store the LPG( Lahori Pyaz Gas) before Jernail Sahib do the Bismillah of Bund Chumkeela with his tongue .

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 25 May 2014 01:07

http://tribune.com.pk/story/712418/paki ... eets-coas/
Pakistan-India relations: Junior Qabila Leader Shahbaz meets COAS

LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to discuss Pakistan-India relations in the wake of recent shift of power in New Delhi.According to well-placed sources, both the CM Punjab and COAS discussed India’s prime minister-in-waiting Narindra Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to participate in his oath-taking ceremony on May 26 along with SAARC nations’ heads.They said that both Raheel Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif agreed that in view of the advice of various stakeholders a high-powered delegation, instead of the PM, should attend the ceremony.The sources said CM Shahbaz and Raheel Sharif discussed composition of the delegation and the possible issues the Pakistani delegation could face during its trip.They said Shahbaz along with PM’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi and Adviser to PM on National Security Sartaj Aziz are likely to participate in the oath-taking ceremony

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Postby Karan M » 25 May 2014 02:07

Modi should do what PVNR did - talk, talk, hit, hit. Keep hitting. And the chai biscoot should keep flowing. Our schadenfreude will begin once the obviousness of the hitting becomes apparent. So, our time will come.

Gus
BRF Oldie

Postby Gus » 25 May 2014 03:03

it is not that difficult to pick up gaalis of another language, especially of you are multi-lingual as she seems to be.

http://home.comcast.net/~christine_fair/html_pages/home.html
She can cause trouble in multiple languages.

Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Postby Cosmo_R » 25 May 2014 03:58

^^^
The b*#ch is on the right correct?

Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Postby Cosmo_R » 25 May 2014 04:02

Jhujar wrote:http://tribune.com.pk/story/712418/pakistan-india-relations-shahbaz-meets-coas/
Pakistan-India relations: Junior Qabila Leader Shahbaz meets COAS

LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to discuss Pakistan-India relations in the wake of recent shift of power in New Delhi.According to well-placed sources, both the CM Punjab and COAS discussed India’s prime minister-in-waiting Narindra Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to participate in his oath-taking ceremony on May 26 along with SAARC nations’ heads.They said that both Raheel Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif agreed that in view of the advice of various stakeholders a high-powered delegation, instead of the PM, should attend the ceremony.The sources said CM Shahbaz and Raheel Sharif discussed composition of the delegation and the possible issues the Pakistani delegation could face during its trip.They said Shahbaz along with PM’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi and Adviser to PM on National Security Sartaj Aziz are likely to participate in the oath-taking ceremony

Seems a little too pat to me. It's like "I fought the PA and you gotta give me something else I can't keep doing this."

This like all the previous attempts is going to backfire on us. NS will make some stupid ass statement about Kashmir and/or IM and that will be it.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Postby SSridhar » 25 May 2014 04:15

IM operative Riyaz Bhatkal sighted in Afghanistan - Mir Ayub Ali Khan, ToI

As the background of those who attacked the Indian consulate in Herat on Friday is still being probed, news filtered in on Saturday that dreaded Indian Mujahideen terrorist Riyaz Bhatkal is in Afghanistan.

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby abhishek_sharma » 25 May 2014 04:52

The Indian Express reports that Ajit Doval is the frontrunner for the post of NSA, and he might hold talks with Paki Sartaz Aziz.

Anindya
BRFite

Postby Anindya » 25 May 2014 06:49

Wouldn't it be more effective to create such joint initiatives with civilized countries...

How startup Dosti provides cross-border mentorship, seed funding to Indian and Pakistani entrepreneurs

It's a brand new government, a time for new beginnings and to forge new friendships — so perhaps this is also a good time for the innovative Startup Dosti partnership, promoted by the Atlantic Council, a Washington-based non-profit foreign policy think tank, to rev up its act.

And that's exactly what it seems to be doing. The Startup Dosti partnership, which seeks to build enduring relationships between entrepreneurs from India, Pakistan and its diaspora by providing cross-border support ..
Startup Dosti (www.startupdosti.org), a cross-border partnership between the Atlantic Council, and London and Karachi based SEED Ventures, seeks to empower young founders in India and Pakistan, while accelerating bilateral ties by "building bridges" between the nextgen entrepreneurial communities

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Postby abhishek_sharma » 25 May 2014 06:54

>> Startup Dosti partnership, promoted by the Atlantic Council, a Washington-based non-profit foreign policy think tank

This surely has the blessings of Uncle Sam.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 25 May 2014 06:59

Shankk wrote:However think of it this way...these talks between two countries need not be conclusive. Only expense of these talks is airfare of few officials to Pakistan or hosting few officials from Pakistan thus chai and biscoot, may be chicken biryani as Shashi Tharoor wanted. We can certainly afford that. What we are getting in return is far more valuable than that investment.

I am really not concerned about pitfalls of talking to Pakistan except as you mentioned it will simply become a burden in the way that we stick to our share of bargain and they blatantly refuse. That is the exact place where we should have a strong and resolute leadership to behave like Pakistan without fear of loosing face in international community. Strength is required to face off the world not bulldoze Pakistan. Islam is doing a good job at that. Just let them be themselves and Islam will take care of them. RAPEs hate it more than they hate India when Islam is cited by Pakistanis to do anything regressive. They just want the benefits Islam give but are unwilling to pay the associated cost but do not want to digress from the main point here..

Talks with Pakistan in the absence of stoppage of all violence and regular (once a week?) deaths of Indians as a result of infiltration or other methods give the impression that Indians are willing to overlook these "minor acts" of murder and mayhem for the larger purpose of befriending Pakistan.

For Pakistanis who get talks as opposed to retaliation for deaths inflicted on Indians, the situation can be used in the following ways to promote a Pakistani viewpoint
1. India talks with Pakistan because Pakistan is sufficiently strong to have intimidated India into talking without any promise of giving up the terrorism option or closing down camps, or bringing the 26/11 guilty to justice, or accepting that the likes of Dawood Ibrahim, Riyaz Bhatkal, Fazulr Rehman etc find safe haven in Pakistan. All the latter can be dismissed as lies or minor issues as compared to the "major" issues that Pakistan brings to the table

2. When India talks to Pakistan despite terror attacks/infiltration, Pakistanis use the talks as a de facto admission by India that the terror is not of Pakistan's doing but "home grown terror" from India

3. The fact that Pakistan is wracked by terror attacks is used by the Pakistanis to claim that attacks on India are by the same uncontrollable groups who need to be controlled by India and Pakistan working together. If India accepts this argument there is no pressure on Pakistan to wind up India specific terror and a mistaken impression is given to the Indian media and Indians that "both India and Pakistan are suffering" from some third party terrorist sponsor and they two nations must work together. This is clearly a specious argument that gets mileage in India when we talk to Pakistan mindlessly.

4. Pakistan has positioned itself as an "equal and worthy" rival to India for so long that most Indians now believe it. Even lay Indians who dislike Pakistan and India media see Pakistan as a peer, an equal rival with the smartness and international clout to stand up to India and be heard. There is a sneaking admiration for Pakistan without a realization that Pakistan without the terror tool is a pipsqueak torn up nation that ill rapidly sink into irrelevance if we were not constantly talking to Pakistan as if they are our equals and we somehow need to placate them. This impression is propagated by talking to Pakistan.

The Islam factor is a mixed bag for India. I believe it is only a minority of the elite RAPE class who do not want sharia fully implemented for themselves. But they do want it implemented for the "lower classes" of Pakistan and they would be quite happy to see it implemented on Indians by selected minions employed by the Pakistani elite. So the claim that Islam is doing a good job in controlling the elite can hold true only so long as the Taliban are a force for the Pakis to reckon with. The Pakis are clever enough to convince a whole lot of Indians that the Taliban are as bad for India as they are for the elite Pakistanis. Outside of BRF I see very very few Indians who see the advantages of the Taliban to India. Those Indians who cannot see the Taliban as a force that are keeping the Paki elite under pressure are inadvertently helping the Pakistani elite in opposing the Taliban. Once the Taliban go, it would be naive to expect the Pakistanis to become friends with India.

The Paki elite and army need to be crushed and we need to see 2 or 3 separate bations coming out of Pakistan. By talking to the representatives of Pakistan we are only talking to Pakjabis and not representatives of all of Pakistan

Pakistan needs to be talked down to, the way the US and Arab nations often do.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Postby Prem » 25 May 2014 08:03

Modi’s rise – a test for Pakistan’s leadership
Generally Retarded Mirza Asslam Beg

Khanne Kheere, Hathi Katora, Paani Salwar Tey Price Pucchne Piste Dii

Modi believes in Hindutva, which is a mix of Hinduism and compulsive nationalism. He draws his strength from militant organizations, like RashtriaSevakSungh (RSS), an organization rabidly opposed to secular democratic ethos. Modi has “to restrain his neo-fascist proclivities, and not to let his jingoism dictate his policies”. He is expected to overcome his weaknesses “and reveal in time whether cult and behavior match” or otherwise.Kashmir is the core issue that needs to be settled for peace and stability in the region, whereas Modi is not ready to compromise on Kashmir, or concede “even an inch of Indian territory” yet it is Kashmir which will decide Modi’s future, because the key to regional peace lies with him. He must remember that for the last three decades Afghanistan has served as the “Strategic Base of Resistance” for the freedom movements in Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Syria and Kashmir. After the withdrawal of occupation forces from Afghanistan by end of this year, the Jihadis would turn towards Kashmir, as they did in 1990, after the Soviet withdrawal, raising the threshold of confrontation between India and Pakistan to a dangerous level. Before that happens, the two countries have to find an amicable and peaceful solution of the Kashmir issue. There is no other alternative.The 2013 elections in Pakistan have thrown up a new party, under Imran Khan, as the third largest, which has formed its government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, while winning some good number of seats in Punjab and Sindh. The two national parties, namely Muslim League (N) and the Pakistan Peoples Party have withdrawn to their bases in Punjab and Sindh. Thus Imran Khan has given a lead to Modi, rejecting the patrimonial dictatorship, with promise to eradicate corruption, poverty, injustice and social discriminations. However, unlike Modi, Imran lacks achieving economic miracle in the province he rules and so far has not presented a clear agenda for the future to fulfill the given mandate. In fact he is looking for short-cuts to power, which may turn-out to be politically harmful for him.
The Sharif brothers are trying to turn-over the economy and bring prosperity, top downwards. It may be possible in the long term, but the short term demands of the suffering masses do not seem to be in harmony with the long term goals of the rulers. Corruption, poverty, social disparities and security, which are the damning problems of the broad masses, are not being addressed on priority. The stark reality that catches the eye and affects our minds and hearts, is the big difference in outlook in life which exists between Modi and our leaders, who are richly rich, trying to get richer, while Modi with an humble social background, lives a simple life in harmony with the suffering masses, whose lives he promises to lift. In fact Modi has embraced our Islamic traditions of austere living, whereas, our rulers are basking under the sun shine of the exploitive capitalism.However, the political leadership on both sides of the divide is facing difficult challenges, which could be overcome with a clear standing of the word ‘change’ sweeping South Asia. Our leaders have to look to the future, because it is not possible “to build a sound and promising future, over the gaping graves of grievous past” – AjazZaka. And the first step in that direction therefore would be for Nawaz Sharif to accept the invitation to the swearing-in ceremony of Modi, as the prime Minister of India, who is destined to govern as “an enlightened leader and a champion of India’s great diversity

arun
BRF Oldie

Postby arun » 25 May 2014 08:07

Ball Biting cricketer from a terrorist supporting family belonging to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (BSF claims it killed Shahid Afridi’s Cousin) displays that nation’s pretensions of grandeur that it amounts to something more than a midden.

Never mind that non Indian players are desperate to play in the IPL :P , apparently, “it is image of Indian cricket that has suffered” for not permitting players from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to play in the IPL tournament. :lol: :

IPL snub to Pakistani players dented India’s image: Shahid Afridi

AbhiJ
BRFite

Postby AbhiJ » 25 May 2014 10:48

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 25 May 2014 10:49

Cosmo_R wrote:^^^
The b*#ch is on the right correct?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: