Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Sachin »

Jhujar wrote:Tehelka journalist’s bail cancelled, sent to jail
And within 12 hours he gets a fresh bail - Tehelka journo gets bail :roll:

Mean while in Kerala, a minor event. But noting it here because of the past antics of the official
Vigilance raid at T O Sooraj's residences
TO Sooraj is the State PWD Secy., and had served as District Collectors in Thrissur and Kozhikode. He was the Collector when the notorious Marad riots happened. His complicity in the whole issue has been highlighted time and again. He had managed to scuttle many a vigilance enquiry planned against him. Sooraj began his career as a Forest Ranger, then moved into another department to become an RDO, then got the IAS and moved further up. During Marad riots his Hindu name gave him an aura of neutrality, it was only much later his original religious affiliation (and name) came out in the open.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
Jhujar wrote:Tehelka journalist’s bail cancelled, sent to jail
And within 12 hours he gets a fresh bail - Tehelka journo gets bail :roll:

Mean while in Kerala, a minor event. But noting it here because of the past antics of the official
Vigilance raid at T O Sooraj's residences
TO Sooraj is the State PWD Secy., and had served as District Collectors in Thrissur and Kozhikode. He was the Collector when the notorious Marad riots happened. His complicity in the whole issue has been highlighted time and again. He had managed to scuttle many a vigilance enquiry planned against him. Sooraj began his career as a Forest Ranger, then moved into another department to become an RDO, then got the IAS and moved further up. During Marad riots his Hindu name gave him an aura of neutrality, it was only much later his original religious affiliation (and name) came out in the open.
Kindly elaborate saar.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

During Marad riots, a Hindu name helped (Marunadan Malayali: Malayalam)
TO Sooraj's original name is Siraj. And he renamed himself when he was selected for IAS. With this name, he had even duped staunch Hindus like K.Karunakaran and Kummanam Rajashekaran. This name helped him during Marad riots. The report states that he has friendly contacts (mainly based on religion) in all governments/parties.

Marad Judicial Commission under Justice Thomas P Joseph clearly highlighted the incompetency (?) of TO Sooraj as the Kozhikode District Collector.
"Thomas P Joseph Commission of Inquiry-Marad Communal Distrabances"
5} Sri. T.O.S"ra^ the then District Collector '(H Party No.4) is also responsible for' the failure of the Civil Administration in taking all timely, preventive and remedial action to prevent the massacre at Marad Beach on 2-5- zoax "The allegation of '■- Ticnonflii^tr. raised against Sri. T.O.Suraj cannot be ignored as baseless and is required to be enquired into by the State Govt, or such other Authority as that could have had bearing on the failure of the Civil Administration, referred above.
7) The lack of good rapport between Sri. T. O. Suraj and Sri. SanjivKwmar Patjoshi, the administrative heads of the Civil Administration and City Police Administration, Kozhikode and consequent lack of co- ordination between the two departments affected the effective preventive and remedial action by both the departments in preventing violence at Marad Beach on 2-5-2003.

member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

^ ah, spice from gods own caliphate!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://southasia.foreignpolicy.com/post ... fghanistan
????
A senior politician in Patiala, a city in Punjab, told me that drugs are by far the state's biggest challenge (according to one estimate, a staggering 75 percent of children in Punjab are addicts).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Senior IAS officer T O Sooraj suspended for disproportionate assets
Written by Shaju Philip | Thiruvananthapuram | Posted: November 22, 2014
Senior IAS officer and Kerala Public Works Department Secretary T O Sooraj was suspended on Saturday following a vigilance report that he had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance had raided his premises in many part of Kerala and had seized documents to substantiate the case. The raids were held after the vigilance submitted an FIR in Special court in Thrissur against Sooraj, who is close to the leadership of Indian Union Muslim League and a section in the Opposition CPI (M).
Although Muslim League leader and Public Works Minister V K Ibrahim Kunju was irked over the raid, Home Minister Ramesh Chennithal send a strong message saying Kerala vigilance is not a caged parrot.
On Friday, Vigilance team had questioned Sooraj for several hours after his 10 bank accounts were freezed. ON Saturday morning, suspension came into effect after CHief Minister ratified the Vigilance recommendation, upheld up the home ministry.
Earlier in the week, a young IPS officer Rahul R Nair was suspended after Vigilance found that he had accepted bribe of Rs 17 lakh from a stone quarry owner.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Parvez Hamilton Khokhar, former project director for 'Tejas' and retired air commodore with the Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment, was found murdered in his bedroom in Bangalore. His house was ransacked and all valuables were left untouched. Obviously the murderers were after some documents.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Ambar wrote:Obviously the murderers were after some documents.
When did this officer retire? If he retired long time back, what sort of documents did the murderers expect to find? What are the chances of the officer holding copies of any sensitive documents?

His wife was sleeping in the next room, and said to have gone to bed after 2330Hrs. Police suspect that the murder should have happened after midnight. I guess the Inquest and Autopsy may be able to give more accurate time (and other clues) as to when the crime was committed.

More reports from The Hindu
Police suspect involvement of more than one person
Previous deaths of officers
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

and she didnt hear a thing ??? Looks the they were professionals and not some street thugs/killers.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

krishnan wrote:and she didnt hear a thing ??? Looks the they were professionals and not some street thugs/killers.
Did not want to become a Sherlock Holmes and mention this yesterday :). But some how I felt that the murder was not for important documents (national security related) at all. Too many holes in the existing story. Wife's room locked from outside, a dupatta used for strangulation, an empty beer bottle and a lady's hand bag found on the terrace (though no money was stolen from the bag) etc. From what I read in yesterday's report the lady had summoned a neighbour on phone. But today they report the mobile phone was in the lady's vanity bag found in the terrace.
Insider’s hand suspected in retired IAF officer’s murder (The Hindu: English)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Any updates on the Burdwan blasts case?
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Not sure if this is already posted on BRF or not.

@LutyensMasala is a handle which most likely is run by Kanchan Gupta (& a few others?) to leak gossips from inside Lutyens Delhi.
The handle mostly uses code words and riddles but they are deciphered by folks on Twitter.

These are the latest tweets. Learned people here can connect the dots and try to map it against the latest moves of Modi Sarkar.

Invincible Piegeon = Ajit Doval
Lord of Men = Narendra Modi

Below 1-11 are his tweets
==================

1)Need to make a few phone calls, to consult Intelligent friends whether I can disclose what I heard at the South Block. Will be back shortly.

2)Heard at South Block. Lord of Men told Invincible Pigeon: "Save my namesake's land. Whoopi's ruined it." Pigeon said "Sir, give me 4 years."
Translation: Heard at South Block. Modi told Doval "Save Vivekanand's Bengal. Mamta's ruined it." Doval said "Sir, give me 4 years."

3) This was in July. Since then Invincible Pigeon has drawn a most brilliant plan to protect & save not just Bengal but the whole of India.

4)Code name: String of Saffron Pearls. Idea is to bring all of India's border states under BJP rule by 2019. The Rajasthan-to-Bengal string.

5)Indeed. Absence of traitors & its allies, past & present, from these 11 states would be a body-blow to infiltration, terrorism, trafficking.

6)The String of Saffron Pearls would act as a primary defense, thinks Invincible Pigeon. Lord of Men has okayed it. All other states can wait.

7)For BJP winning states that border our neighbors will henceforth take precedence over non-border states. No expense or effort to be spared.

8)When my source told me of this Saffron String plan, for the first time in decades I felt proud that such men were at the helm. Godspeed.

9)Invincible Pigeon's plan. Mission: To stop Infiltration, Terrorism, and Trafficking.

10) KPNM JLHT JCFE PFSD EOEM YNVM CGUK WONT EXWP OCEX DKCK JZRC TYMT FHMV VPOJ HBPZ XRJG EPZR KSAH JALJ KOOD FPLV GGAC PNOB H (Bombe factory WB)
Decoded(?):MAMATA TRIED TO DESTROY EVIDENCE BEFORE AJIT DOVAL’S VISIT BUT DOVAL GOT THE BETTER OF HER THROUGH HIS MOLES(WB Bomb Factory)

11) BJTMITMGMBDLPRFPYKRIMOKZKZMOFRUZNJXZOQFTUXWKKONIGTZFJTPGOFPQJSMZVFYOELAWKLZCSTXLPHHJSSACSYPCHQPMRQFIXSUXALA.
Decoded(?): A BHODROLOK FROM WB IPS CADRE TELLS ME WHATEVER EVIDENCE DAVOL WAS ABLE TO COLLECT IS VERY DAMNING, EXPECT PRES RULE BY FEB

I am not sure about authenticity of last 2 decoded tweets but lets see.

String of Saffron Pearls
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Vamsee wrote:Not sure if this is already posted on BRF or not.

@LutyensMasala is a handle which most likely is run by Kanchan Gupta (& a few others?) to leak gossips from inside Lutyens Delhi.
The handle mostly uses code words and riddles but they are deciphered by folks on Twitter.

These are the latest tweets. Learned people here can connect the dots and try to map it against the latest moves of Modi Sarkar.

Invincible Piegeon = Ajit Doval
Lord of Men = Narendra Modi

Below 1-11 are his tweets
==================

1)Need to make a few phone calls, to consult Intelligent friends whether I can disclose what I heard at the South Block. Will be back shortly.

2)Heard at South Block. Lord of Men told Invincible Pigeon: "Save my namesake's land. Whoopi's ruined it." Pigeon said "Sir, give me 4 years."
Translation: Heard at South Block. Modi told Doval "Save Vivekanand's Bengal. Mamta's ruined it." Doval said "Sir, give me 4 years."

3) This was in July. Since then Invincible Pigeon has drawn a most brilliant plan to protect & save not just Bengal but the whole of India.

4)Code name: String of Saffron Pearls. Idea is to bring all of India's border states under BJP rule by 2019. The Rajasthan-to-Bengal string.

5)Indeed. Absence of traitors & its allies, past & present, from these 11 states would be a body-blow to infiltration, terrorism, trafficking.

6)The String of Saffron Pearls would act as a primary defense, thinks Invincible Pigeon. Lord of Men has okayed it. All other states can wait.

7)For BJP winning states that border our neighbors will henceforth take precedence over non-border states. No expense or effort to be spared.

8)When my source told me of this Saffron String plan, for the first time in decades I felt proud that such men were at the helm. Godspeed.

9)Invincible Pigeon's plan. Mission: To stop Infiltration, Terrorism, and Trafficking.

10) KPNM JLHT JCFE PFSD EOEM YNVM CGUK WONT EXWP OCEX DKCK JZRC TYMT FHMV VPOJ HBPZ XRJG EPZR KSAH JALJ KOOD FPLV GGAC PNOB H (Bombe factory WB)
Decoded(?):MAMATA TRIED TO DESTROY EVIDENCE BEFORE AJIT DOVAL’S VISIT BUT DOVAL GOT THE BETTER OF HER THROUGH HIS MOLES(WB Bomb Factory)

11) BJTMITMGMBDLPRFPYKRIMOKZKZMOFRUZNJXZOQFTUXWKKONIGTZFJTPGOFPQJSMZVFYOELAWKLZCSTXLPHHJSSACSYPCHQPMRQFIXSUXALA.
Decoded(?): A BHODROLOK FROM WB IPS CADRE TELLS ME WHATEVER EVIDENCE DAVOL WAS ABLE TO COLLECT IS VERY DAMNING, EXPECT PRES RULE BY FEB

I am not sure about authenticity of last 2 decoded tweets but lets see.

String of Saffron Pearls
Ehh-why are Assam and Arunachal not in it? Assam is the worst hit by infiltration, is it not? If Ajit Doval is so worried about places like Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh (which have by far the least amount of infiltration or crime problems), should Assam and Arunachal not be in it?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Just posting random twitter feeds from twitter handles is bogus -- this could just be some dork making up stuff as a counter to lutyens spice. If this govt. is good at running a tight ship, how did this "lutyensmasala" hear what the NSA said to the PM. Seriously, people, use some critical thinking if you can.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

I am fully aware of the fact that this could be completely false since it comes from anonymous twitter handle. I am putting it here simply as a data point that needs to be kept in mind. The future will anyway unfold and we will know how true/false these data points are. So please hold your horses.

:-D

--Vamsee
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Two more attacks on RSS cadres. One in Thalassery, another in Chennai. This seems to be becoming a big time industry in south India.

http://samvada.org/2014/news/chennai-at ... rss-cadre/
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

in.reuters.com/article/2014/11/27/india-kashmir-attacks-idINKCN0JB0EE20141127

Militants attack Indian army base in Kashmir region, three dead
by Fayaz Bukhari, in.reuters.com
November 27th 2014 7:07 AM

SRINAGAR, India (Reuters) - Militants dressed in army uniforms attacked an Indian army base in the state of Jammu & Kashmir on Thursday, killing one soldier and wounding two, as the leaders of India and Pakistan attended a regional summit aimed at boosting trade.

A gun fight between the militants and the army was continuing, a senior Indian army officer said. Two militants had been shot dead and one arrested, the officer said.

Four to five militants attacked the army base near the town of Arnia, about four km (2.5 miles) from the border with Pakistan, the officer, who did not wish to be named as he is not authorised to speak to the media, said.

The militants had divided into two teams, with one group heading for an army bunker and the other holed up inside a village house, the officer said.The gunmen didn't infiltrate from the Pakistani side of the border, a senior Border Security Force official said.

"They came in a car to Arnia and took shelter in a bunker and targeted the army," he said.

India and Pakistan fought two of their three wars since independence in 1947 over Muslim-majority Kashmir, which they both claim in full but rule in part.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart, Nawaz Sharif, are attending the annual South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation in Nepal and their bickering has meant the leaders have refused to meet each other.

Muslim separatists have been fighting Indian forces in India's part of Kashmir since 1989. India accuses Pakistan of training and arming the rebels in the part of Kashmir it controls and sending them to the Indian side, a claim its neighbour denies.

India and Pakistan exchanged their heaviest gunfire in a decade last month, killing more than 20 people.

(Writing By Andrew MacAskill; Editing by Malini Menon)
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

Tuvaluan wrote:Just posting random twitter feeds from twitter handles is bogus -- this could just be some dork making up stuff as a counter to lutyens spice. If this govt. is good at running a tight ship, how did this "lutyensmasala" hear what the NSA said to the PM. Seriously, people, use some critical thinking if you can.
Lutyens Spice was supposedly run by Sagarika Ghose, Mihir Sharma and a couple of others. They have gone offline, stating "pressure from agencies". Went on to tweet that they are not against Indian National Interest - whatever it is that prompted them to tweet that proclamation.

Lutyens Masala, as stated by others, is rumoured to be run by a journalist. Since the tweets are deemed pro-RW, they say it is Kanchan Gupta and a few others.

There are other Lutyens tweeters too like Real Lutyens, who claims to be a babu with an office on Janpath. And Lutyens Insider. The latter has also gone quiet after his last tweet that IM is pushing ISIS to target NaMo.

It is best not to rely on these tweets. And if Lutyens Masala is indeed Kanchan Gupta, then why is he tweeting all the information he is about Doval's plans. That in itself gives the game away, if they are true in the first place.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

btw any news on the Sikhs abducted in Iraq?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

got my answer
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/isis- ... 141127.htm
RIP, wish the govt did more for their release when it could manage the release of kerala "nurses"
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

At Bangalore Rural Dt..
Crime scene hints Parvez knew killers
Khokhar's final rites performed

And in the city.. another case of human trafficking along with religious conversion..
Captors bought back girls once rescued from slavery
In an appalling new twist to the case where the Central division police arrested a man and his son-in-law for allegedly sexually harassing three minor girls kept as bonded labourers in their home for over three years, investigations have revealed that the accused had forcibly converted the victims to another religion (Islam).
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Why the F are we allowing them back? Saw news sometime back when Austria or some Europeans country banned two girls who joined isis from coming back to their country.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-youth ... 3-237.html
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

If the Rediff news is correct, the least we can do is hold this ISIS returnee culpable and hang him.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Karthik S wrote:Why the F are we allowing them back? Saw news sometime back when Austria or some Europeans country banned two girls who joined isis from coming back to their country.

How are we otherwise going to get info/intelligence on the workings of ISIS?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

RajeshA wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Why the F are we allowing them back? Saw news sometime back when Austria or some Europeans country banned two girls who joined isis from coming back to their country.

How are we otherwise going to get info/intelligence on the workings of ISIS?
If so, then we'll need only few people to get the info/intelligence. Are we to assume that after getting the required info, we'll stop allowing back people who joined ISIS into the country?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Would've been funny if it weren't so serious...

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karthik S wrote:If so, then we'll need only few people to get the info/intelligence. Are we to assume that after getting the required info, we'll stop allowing back people who joined ISIS into the country?
If I am not mistaken these people are not just allowed to return to their homes and forget the whole thing. NIA is investigating the case, and also interrogating these fellows. Charges are also getting readied based on provisions in the UAPA. Some of the have a prison sentence for five years.
Thane youth with ISIS links arrested, grilled by NIA (India Today: English)
Islamic State jihadist Areeb Majeed sent to NIA custody till December 8 (Indian Express:English)
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Jihadis created a big mess yesterday in Kolkata. I am surprised no discussion on that on brf. It was something like 11 August 2011 Azad Maidan Muslim rally in Mumbai but higher in magnitude.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ I guess its beacuase hardly any secular DDM reported it?

Maybe that is the final straw in WB similar to how Azad Maidan showed that time for change in Mah had arrived?
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Atri wrote:Jihadis created a big mess yesterday in Kolkata. I am surprised no discussion on that on brf. It was something like 11 August 2011 Azad Maidan Muslim rally in Mumbai but higher in magnitude.
Traffic came to a standstill, President Pranab's cavalcade had to be rerouted. "Hang the atheists of Shahbag, hang Sheikh Hasina". These are some of the slogans used in a demonstration in the heart of Kolkata.

Such demos are a good opportunity to corral all participants in internment camps and deport them safely and systematically to any country where their religious aspirations can be best fulfilled. They obviously don't subscribe to the Indian Constitution.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Jamiat holds Kolkata hostage, President Pranab Mukherjee forced to change route
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 322607.cms
Kolkata was ambushed by a Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind rally on Saturday afternoon, putting lakhs of commuters through six hours of agony and forcing President Pranab Mukherjee's route to be changed. At least 11 policemen — including three IPS officers — were injured in brickbatting and 13 police vehicles damaged. Journalists were attacked for "intruding on the space meant for rallyists" — which was Red Road, the city's VIP thoroughfare.

Taken by surprise, police simply stood by and let some 2 lakh Jamiat supporters run amok in the heart of Kolkata. Even bylanes in south and central Kolkata were clogged. For hours, police had no control over a 3sqkm area besieged by the rallyists. When the cops did try to restore order, they came under attack. News crews were roughed up, too, and a van of 24Ghanta damaged.

The administration has taken a battering when it was yet to recover from the bruising battle over BJP's Amit Shah rally on Sunday. Jamiat leaders wanted to hold the meeting on the Brigade grounds (Maidan) but when Army denied permission, they brazenly took over the city. And no, they did not have permission from the fire department either although the government made such a huge issue of it for the BJP rally.

The rallyists parked buses and trucks on the Maidan, in violation of the high court-imposed ban, and even parked outside Fort William, forcing Army to deploy Military Police. The "historic" gathering at the Sahid Minar grounds spilled over to the adjoining roads — Bentinck Street, JL Nehru Road, Red Road and Mayo Road — choking the business district and having a ripple effect from north to south. The 3,000-odd cops deployed turned out to be woefully inadequate for a gathering of such strength and such aggressiveness. DC-central D P Singh suffered a head injury that needed three stitches. Joint CP-traffic Supratim Sarkar and DC-south Murli Dhar Sharma, too, were injured as the mob pelted stones and turned Jamiat flagstaffs into lathis.

Jamiat leader Siddiqullah Chowdhury blamed police for the violence. "There was tension when police drove a car through the rally. The (police) action and combative reaction of a section of rallyists are both unwarranted. We have been holding rallies for years. This never happened. I suspect some outsiders sneaked into our rally to discredit us. They need to be punished," he said.

The rallyists started streaming into the city from across Bengal since dawn, but police intelligence failed to gauge the crowd count. "We had informed police that we expected about 1-1.5 lakh people. That's why we wanted to hold the rally at Brigade grounds. The gathering on Saturday turned out to be even bigger," said Chowdhury. Many rallyists were already angry at being denied their chosen venue. Pushing and jostling led to frayed tempers. Reports of a rallyist being hit by a vehicle stoked anger. "The vehicle sped away and police did not try to stop it," said some Jamiat supporters from Basirhat. This triggered a blockade of Red Road and Mayo Road. "When police tried to remove the blockade, trouble erupted," said joint CP-HQ Rajeev Mishra.

The mob first attacked a vehicle carrying the joint CP-intelligence at Red Road crossing. For a while it was a free-for-all as the mob went on the rampage. People caught in the traffic snarl blamed police's unpreparedness. "By the time senior officers stepped in to control the situation, it had already gone out of hand," said an officer who manned the control room for some time. Several people missed trains and flights. Merchant chambers cancelled meetings and ambulances were stuck in bumper-to-bumper jams.

By 12.30pm, vehicles bound for Howrah and Sealdah and south-bound traffic was stuck. "It was a nightmare for me and my daughter. We had to catch the Rajdhani at Sealdah (departure 4.50pm) and reached Race Course by 2.15pm, much ahead of time. But we got stuck in the jam. Around 3pm, I got off the taxi and had to carry our two-year-old granddaughter as my daughter and husband pulled the luggage. It is 4.10pm now and we have merely crossed KC Das crossing. I am not sure if we can make it," said Oindrella Sinha of New Alipore.

Till late evening, cops were huddled in a meeting at Lalbazar HQ trying to ascertain where they went wrong despite top IPS officers leading the forces. The embarrassed cops have decided to strike back and have filed two FIRs with 11 serious charges. "We are analyzing CCTV footage and our own videography and will start picking up those who instigated the violence," said an officer.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Was about to post the RSS cartoon that says it all, but see it's up already.
Many of us have been warning about WB for years. The secular reaction to the upcoming mess is sweep things under carpet, appease and hope/wish. If it doesn't work equate RSS with IS kind of logic. It now should be more than obvious to most Indians (if this country wants to really survive, if it is not obvious to most Indians then we are all doomed anyways) and i think the awareness is rising leaps and bounds particularly as BJP ratchets up on development that the secular lobby has no solutions to the Islamist expansion. Today people in WB (possibly one of the last places where people will realize they've been had all these years) have seen a massive Islamist rally, tomorrow the same 3 Lacs will come out and destroy some shops, rip a few statues or nationalist monuments, next they will graduate to a Noakhali kind of direct action situation. Every step of Islamist escalation is also a check on how the state reacts. At a particular point of time and scale of escalation it may be imperative to use wartime kinds of methods to eliminate these elements. Look at how Saddam, Gadaffi could manage to rule their turfs. When the tight leash was released the animals just went for the throats of whosoever they could. This is what we are dealing with. India can no longer afford to have leaders that mouth part falsehoods/truths like "Ahimsa is the highest Dharma". Leadership needs to be toughened to take hard steps initially without attracting much attention.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Returning ISIS Herrows given Herrow's Welcome in Yindoostan
Arif Majeed, 23, hailing from Kalyan, arrived by a flight via Turkey around 5.15 am Friday. He was immediately whisked away by intelligence officials to an undisclosed location for interrogation. According to Zee News, Majeed will be produced before a special NIA court today. However, latest reports suggest that Majid might have been deliberately released by the Sunni militants and has been dispatched to India for a 'job' in the country. A report on NDTV quotes (Brookhaven-Sandia) as suspecting something on the same lines.
The NIA on Friday registered an FIR against ISIS and Arif Majeed, who until now was believed to have been killed while fighting.. in Syria.
Oops! Sorry. I c that Sachin has already answered my original pooch on whether the herrows are just allowed to melt away into society to go about their bissful bum-making endeavors.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:
Karthik S wrote:If so, then we'll need only few people to get the info/intelligence. Are we to assume that after getting the required info, we'll stop allowing back people who joined ISIS into the country?
If I am not mistaken these people are not just allowed to return to their homes and forget the whole thing. NIA is investigating the case, and also interrogating these fellows. Charges are also getting readied based on provisions in the UAPA. Some of the have a prison sentence for five years.
Thane youth with ISIS links arrested, grilled by NIA (India Today: English)
Islamic State jihadist Areeb Majeed sent to NIA custody till December 8 (Indian Express:English)
I hope he doesn't get out on "bail" in few weeks. After seeing how the system works in our country, I've little faith that he'll be awarded a punishment that will act as a deterrent to others.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

al qaeeda warning pamphlets (printed in bangla) found from amit shah's rally site in kolkata.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Agnimitra wrote:
Atri wrote:Jihadis created a big mess yesterday in Kolkata. I am surprised no discussion on that on brf. It was something like 11 August 2011 Azad Maidan Muslim rally in Mumbai but higher in magnitude.
Traffic came to a standstill, President Pranab's cavalcade had to be rerouted. "Hang the atheists of Shahbag, hang Sheikh Hasina". These are some of the slogans used in a demonstration in the heart of Kolkata.

Such demos are a good opportunity to corral all participants in internment camps and deport them safely and systematically to any country where their religious aspirations can be best fulfilled. They obviously don't subscribe to the Indian Constitution.
I was caught in that mess yesterday. To be fair the masses are not amused with jihadi show of strength.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Iraq may require ISIS members for waging war against the nation. So if Iraqis request we can hand him over for crimes committed on that land and the punishment can be based on Iraqi Sharia law.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Whoa... can it be true?! No wonder there was quite a bit of silence on this front from GoI for quite a while. They were busy doing instead of talking, seems like.

Facing severe failure, Maoist top boss switches to protect and preserve mode
Ganapathy, General Secretary CPI Maoist, in a rare admission has confirmed massive casualties to Maoist ranks at 'all levels', and the growing effectiveness of government's offensive that is 'sophisticated and backed by modern technology'.
Last edited by Sachin on 01 Dec 2014 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the HTTP Link
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Atri wrote:Jihadis created a big mess yesterday in Kolkata. I am surprised no discussion on that on brf.
Glanced through a vernacular news paper at The Hindu this morning. The news seems to have got suppressed. Perhaps it may be there in some remote corner of the paper. My gut feeling is that this ruckus of a rally by the peaceful would be under directions of TMC. Another of Mamata Didi's tactic; which I feel may again backfire big time.

Mean while on the ISIS volunteer's returning home..
“I feel let down by my son”
The Hindu has this nasty habit of show-casing the criminal's family laments especially if they are from a specific minority community. From the report..
When asked if his family will forgive Fahad, the distraught father says: “Baap ka dil paththar ka ho sakta hai, par aap batiye ek maa kya kare? [A father can be stonehearted, but what will you tell his mother?]”