Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 54822
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ramana » 14 Feb 2016 11:24

I don't trust Shekar Gupta at all. He is a scumbag.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 12:13

No mercy is required to be shown to people who shouted anti-India slogans, but what has Kanhaiya Kumar done to be arrested.

He is arrested for this speech, is he anti-India???

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIJPykCi28[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4IOF-5KX00[/youtube]

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 14 Feb 2016 12:24

Come on, is it really the speech he gave at 7 pm in the evening near famous ganga dhaba. Doesn't seems so.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... 9-protest/

And he lied to JNU administration about their intentions.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Del ... 236092.ece

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 14 Feb 2016 12:44

JNU campus row: Delhi police to probe whether teachers are shielding the accused

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/jnu- ... 95432.html

Police sources said a section of varsity teachers was mounting pressure on the administration to shield the accused in and added that the teachers, who met varsity vice-chancellor Jagadesh Kumar on Friday, also wanted the media to be banned from the campus and removal of police personnel. The agitating students might be getting instructions from these teachers, sources claimed.

The cops have prepared a list of 20 students, who were allegedly involved in the anti-national sloganeering on Wednesday. The list includes the name of CPI leader D Raja's daughter. Meanwhile, it is learnt that the cops, who are interrogating JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar, may also question other officebearers of the university during the course of investigation. Sources say that the university administration was well are of the happenings on the campus but did not take any action to prevent it.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7052
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby JE Menon » 14 Feb 2016 12:50

ramana wrote:I don't trust Shekar Gupta at all. He is a scumbag.


Without a doubt... first class opportunist.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 13:00

nawabs wrote:Come on, is it really the speech he gave at 7 pm in the evening near famous ganga dhaba. Doesn't seems so.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... 9-protest/

And he lied to JNU administration about their intentions.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Del ... 236092.ece


I am yet to come across a video which shows him shouting Anti-India Slogans. Do you have one, please direct me to the same. Yesterday on NDTV a CPI Leader who met HM stated that, when he asked HM on what basis Kumar was arrested, the HM is said to have replied that "based on video", but I am yet to see that video. What video is he speaking of? which is yet to come to public knowledge.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7052
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby JE Menon » 14 Feb 2016 13:17

^^The video was shown in court, according to press reports.

You said "he is arrested for this speech. Is he anti India?" and put a video clip there. How do you know he was arrested for that? Weirdly now you are saying there is no video.

Secondly, are you saying that Kanhaiya Kumar did not say those things? What are you trying to say? Be clear please.

deejay
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4008
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby deejay » 14 Feb 2016 14:13

ravip, you have put up a video which is difficult to believe and have said "ABVP Exposed". You are now defending Kanhaiya Kumar by using evidence of 03rd partyhere when a judge has found evidence to hold him in custody for few days due direct evidence presented by police.

If you agree what happened was Anti National, then the investigation is on determine the guilty. No one as of now has been declared guilty. JNU's left cabal have been known to take anti India positions. Watch Arnab's show posted by JEM and see the pamphlet Arnab holds. It has clear anti India and pro secessionist rants. None of the organizers on the show deny publishing the pamphlet.

In your anti BJP/ right wing bias are you trying to obfuscate the matter and shield anti nationals. Finally, if you agree India's downfall cannot be allowed to be plotted in India and definitely not in a taxpayer subsidized university, please refer to what the lower court judge has said and not some "make a headline" politician for credibility of your charge.

On this subject lines are very clear - Freedom of speech does not cover this tom-foolery. You are either with India or against it. You and people like you trying to defend in public a person whom the court has asked to be investigated are deliberately interfering through public pressure and trying to save the guilty. You have already tried to blame ABVP on flimsy grounds and you are now defending the arrested on another tall claim.

I say you are either supporting these anti nationals or at the very least trolling.
Last edited by deejay on 14 Feb 2016 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6435
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Supratik » 14 Feb 2016 14:20

@ravip

You think people on BRF are stupid. Anti-national activity on JNU campus has been going on for decades under the patronage of the left. IA few tight slaps in the right places will make Kanhaiya sing like a canary and reveal the names of all those who are involved. It is about time the slime in JNU is cleaned up. Taxpayer money is being used against the citizens of the same country. This is unacceptable.

Kati
BRFite
Posts: 1431
Joined: 27 Jun 1999 11:31
Location: The planet Earth

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Kati » 14 Feb 2016 14:58

KK is defending anti-India activities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N971zEq_16I&authuser=0

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3630
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Kashi » 14 Feb 2016 15:41

nawabs wrote:And he lied to JNU administration about their intentions.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Del ... 236092.ece


If the poster that Arnab displayed on his show is correct, the poster clearly spoke of the event being associated with "the judicial murder of Afzal Guru"

JNU admin lying out of their mush?

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7347
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby IndraD » 14 Feb 2016 16:07

ravip wrote:I am yet to come across a video which shows him shouting Anti-India Slogans. Do you have one, please direct me to the same. Yesterday on NDTV a CPI Leader who met HM stated that, when he asked HM on what basis Kumar was arrested, the HM is said to have replied that "based on video", but I am yet to see that video. What video is he speaking of? which is yet to come to public knowledge.

you are in wrong forum sir, here people are normally ahead of curve and truth prevails, this is not FB/twitter, nor swarmed by AAPTards lal jhanda type patriarchs!

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7347
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby IndraD » 14 Feb 2016 16:12

How is media helping anti nationals like Kanhaiya Kumar and making a hero out of an anarchist but court will put him right!

JNU sedition case: Meet the family of the student who is a ‘danger to Mother India’ - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... 5b3yY.dpuf

JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar ‘victim of Hindutva politics’ say parents http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/jnu ... pYumI.html

Why JNU's Kanhaiya Kumar Did Not Commit Sedition, And Won't Get Convicted For It http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/02/12 ... 18882.html

Real enemies are hiding in media houses who want to tear India apart using their pens, cameras and we the people!

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 20:25

The real culprit here is the CPI and the likes of D Raja and Sitaram Yechury and affiiated student groups that mislead poor youngsters in college and distract them from their studies into goondaism and politics -- Kanhaiya Kumar and Vemula Rohith seem to be victims of these commie ideologues. They seem to have been indoctrinated in high school or earlier, and parents of both these youngsters blame the SFI and youth communist groups for ruining the future of their kids.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 21:13

JE Menon wrote:^^The video was shown in court, according to press reports.

You said "he is arrested for this speech. Is he anti India?" and put a video clip there. How do you know he was arrested for that? Weirdly now you are saying there is no video.

Secondly, are you saying that Kanhaiya Kumar did not say those things? What are you trying to say? Be clear please.


Sorry he was produced in home office not in court and no video was played. Any link please??

I am clearly saying that there is no video of Kumar shouting Anti-India slogans, the HM has stated he was arrested based on some video, but that video it yet see the day of light. The only video that exists which shows him making speech is which I have posted above. Did you find anything anti-national in it?

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 21:19

ravip wrote:Sorry he was produced in home office not in court and no video was played. Any link please??


How about you first cough up the details of the sidey video links posted? How is that guy in the video a known ABVP cadre according to you? Where did you get that information from? You are here spreading disinformation, and insisting everyone present *you* with a video link, when you have not done anything to defend the information you have posted on this thread with nothing to support your claims.

I don't care for aBVP or any student organization, but if you are going to defend people who were carrying posters calling for the destruction of India, you are going have to spell out some details of some home made video making arbitrary claims that are deliberately confusing the facts for some devious reason.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 21:33

deejay wrote:ravip, you have put up a video which is difficult to believe and have said "ABVP Exposed". You are now defending Kanhaiya Kumar by using evidence of 03rd partyhere when a judge has found evidence to hold him in custody for few days due direct evidence presented by police.

If you agree what happened was Anti National, then the investigation is on determine the guilty. No one as of now has been declared guilty. JNU's left cabal have been known to take anti India positions. Watch Arnab's show posted by JEM and see the pamphlet Arnab holds. It has clear anti India and pro secessionist rants. None of the organizers on the show deny publishing the pamphlet.

In your anti BJP/ right wing bias are you trying to obfuscate the matter and shield anti nationals. Finally, if you agree India's downfall cannot be allowed to be plotted in India and definitely not in a taxpayer subsidized university, please refer to what the lower court judge has said and not some "make a headline" politician for credibility of your charge.

On this subject lines are very clear - Freedom of speech does not cover this tom-foolery. You are either with India or against it. You and people like you trying to defend in public a person whom the court has asked to be investigated are deliberately interfering through public pressure and trying to save the guilty. You have already tried to blame ABVP on flimsy grounds and you are now defending the arrested on another tall claim.

I say you are either supporting these anti nationals or at the very least trolling.


No mercy is to be shown on people who shout anti-India slogans but that itself should not form basis for witch hunt. Mr. Kumar has himself asked for action against people who have committed offence by shouting anti India slogans. The Home Minister himself says Mr. Kumar was arrested based on video, where is that video? You say the judge found evidence on seeing some video, which is that video which shows Mr. Kumar shouting anti India slogans. At this stage of criminal proceedings people are sent to custody not on evidence but on gravity of offence for which he is booked. Naturally Sedition being serious charge he was sent to custody.

You claim the video relating to ABVP as 'difficult to believe', how convenient it say so when a person is charged of sedition based on similar unauthentic video, if at all it exists.

No body is obfuscate any matter,in your bias in favor of government/right wing you are cheering a wrong committed by establishment which will certainly fail judicial scrutiny in the days ahead.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 21:34

Supratik wrote:@ravip

You think people on BRF are stupid. Anti-national activity on JNU campus has been going on for decades under the patronage of the left. IA few tight slaps in the right places will make Kanhaiya sing like a canary and reveal the names of all those who are involved. It is about time the slime in JNU is cleaned up. Taxpayer money is being used against the citizens of the same country. This is unacceptable.


I never said that, but if you feel you are one then i can't help.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 21:40

ThiruV wrote:
ravip wrote:Sorry he was produced in home office not in court and no video was played. Any link please??


How about you first cough up the details of the sidey video links posted? How is that guy in the video a known ABVP cadre according to you? Where did you get that information from? You are here spreading disinformation, and insisting everyone present *you* with a video link, when you have not done anything to defend the information you have posted on this thread with nothing to support your claims.

I don't care for aBVP or any student organization, but if you are going to defend people who were carrying posters calling for the destruction of India, you are going have to spell out some details of some home made video making arbitrary claims that are deliberately confusing the facts for some devious reason.


When you can accuse a person of committing a crime by just saying that there exists some video without actually seeing any. On the other hand you are questioning me about authenticity of video which I have posted. I will live it to your rationale.

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 14 Feb 2016 21:41

ravip wrote:No mercy is to be shown on people who shout anti-India slogans but that itself should not form basis for witch hunt. Mr. Kumar has himself asked for action against people who have committed offence by shouting anti India slogans. The Home Minister himself says Mr. Kumar was arrested based on video, where is that video? You say the judge found evidence on seeing some video, which is that video which shows Mr. Kumar shouting anti India slogans. At this stage of criminal proceedings people are sent to custody not on evidence but on gravity of offence for which he is booked. Naturally Sedition being serious charge he was sent to custody.

You claim the video relating to ABVP as 'difficult to believe', how convenient it say so when a person is charged of sedition based on similar unauthentic video, if at all it exists.

No body is obfuscate any matter,in your bias in favor of government/right wing you are cheering a wrong committed by establishment which will certainly fail judicial scrutiny in the days ahead.


Now you are really trying to play it by half. The 2nd video you posted where he speaks against RSS/BJP is certainly not from the day you say it is. The place he is speaking at is not the ganga dhaba and it is bright daylight in the video, unlikely since he addressed his crowd after 7pm in the evening.

As for the video shown to the judge, http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-sa ... st-2177101

The university too has debarred him from academics only after their 3 members investigative committee watched the inhouse video where he was raising slogans. They have also turned in the evidence to the police.

And finally, he was the organizer. Does no responsibility lie with him? And he will certainly now ask for action against the 'culprits'. He is going to say a lot more things for next few days now that the Indian state has pricked his balloon and he finds that he is just a student at the end and his professors can't protect him from law.
Last edited by nawabs on 14 Feb 2016 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6435
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Supratik » 14 Feb 2016 21:52

DP produced Kanhaiya before the Metropolitan magistrate's court and the magistrate was shown videos based on which sanction was given for three days police custody. So the police followed the correct procedure. But thats beside the point. Are you trying to suggest we don't know what goes on in JNU?

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 21:52

ravip wrote:When you can accuse a person of committing a crime by just saying that there exists some video without actually seeing any. On the other hand you are questioning me about authenticity of video which I have posted. I will live it to your rationale.


I have not accused anyone of any crime, the home minister of GoI has done so, and he has indicated he has evidence for the same, and there is no reason to disbelieve him over the claims a bunch of fools shouting "destroy India" and their cronies in politics with their own fish to fry. The GoI will have to reveal all this evidence in court and they will see the light of day, if they haven't already.

Besides, No one here has any more inside information than you do about the JNU student union leaders and the evidence against them, so you should ask people who may actually have the requisite information, and that is not related to the mendacity you are displaying by shifting goalposts when asked for evidence about the video link you posted along with your comment.

What is being asked is about Youtube video was posted here first, with a voiceover indicating that the group was different than what has been reported so far. Where is your evidence for these claims? These claims go against what has been reported in all news channels, though they seem to be in line with noise generators from political parties and their minions.

So, either put out facts to prove that the protest going on in that video is associated with the "pakistan zindabad" chants happened on the same day as the events discussed here, since you boldly made claims that you knew the people in that gathering. If you can't do that, you have just proven yourself to be a bare-faced liar with a political agenda with scant regard for facts on the ground.

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 22:25

nawabs wrote:Now you are really trying to play it by half. The 2nd video you posted where he speaks against RSS/BJP is certainly not from the day you say it is. The place he is speaking at is not the ganga dhaba and it is bright daylight in the video, unlikely since he addressed his crowd after 7pm in the evening.

As for the video shown to the judge, http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-sa ... st-2177101

The university too has debarred him from acadmics only after their 3 members investigative committee watched the inhouse video where he was raising slogans. They have also turned in the evidence to the police.

And finally, he was the organizer. Does no responsibility lies with him?


No body is trying to play it by half. Which video is it that which the 3 members investigating committee saw? or the judge saw or where you see him shouting or which shows he organised the anti-india slogan? Above all how come these same sedition charges doesn't apply to Omar Abdulla, Farooq Abdulla, PDP Politicians or any of the high profile Politicians from J&K, why be selective?

ravip
BRFite
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ravip » 14 Feb 2016 22:32

ThiruV wrote:
ravip wrote:When you can accuse a person of committing a crime by just saying that there exists some video without actually seeing any. On the other hand you are questioning me about authenticity of video which I have posted. I will live it to your rationale.


I have not accused anyone of any crime, the home minister of GoI has done so, and he has indicated he has evidence for the same, and there is no reason to disbelieve him over the claims a bunch of fools shouting "destroy India" and their cronies in politics with their own fish to fry. The GoI will have to reveal all this evidence in court and they will see the light of day, if they haven't already.

Besides, No one here has any more inside information than you do about the JNU student union leaders and the evidence against them, so you should ask people who may actually have the requisite information, and that is not related to the mendacity you are displaying by shifting goalposts when asked for evidence about the video link you posted along with your comment.

What is being asked is about Youtube video was posted here first, with a voiceover indicating that the group was different than what has been reported so far. Where is your evidence for these claims? These claims go against what has been reported in all news channels, though they seem to be in line with noise generators from political parties and their minions.

So, either put out facts to prove that the protest going on in that video is associated with the "pakistan zindabad" chants happened on the same day as the events discussed here, since you boldly made claims that you knew the people in that gathering. If you can't do that, you have just proven yourself to be a bare-faced liar with a political agenda with scant regard for facts on the ground.


This our Home Minister for you who tweeted about Phatankot Ops and later deleted it and now this. #credibility??? https://twitter.com/KilaFateh/status/698928113888030720

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 22:35

ravip wrote: Above all how come these same sedition charges doesn't apply to Omar Abdulla, Farooq Abdulla, PDP Politicians or any of the high profile Politicians from J&K, why be selective?


When did any of these people call for the "destruction of India"? That is exactly what these JNU "students" did in their protest march. So I dare you to provide links from any of these politicians calling for the destruction of India, as you are claiming.

If you are going to be foolish enough to repeat everything you read from you Communist and congress friends, do yourself a favour and find out if the claims are correct first. Else you will just make an arse of yourself in public, like you are doing now.

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 14 Feb 2016 22:40

ravip wrote:No body is trying to play it by half. Which video is it that which the 3 members investigating committee saw? or the judge saw or where you see him shouting or which shows he organised the anti-india slogan? Above all how come these same sedition charges doesn't apply to Omar Abdulla, Farooq Abdulla, PDP Politicians or any of the high profile Politicians from J&K, why be selective?


The police have shown the video to the one person who matters and who found it credible enough to allow the police to proceed with case. Plus they have a witness, a univ guard who saw everything. There were plenty of guards present that day. D raja's daughter was seen shouting on a few of them when tried to restore order to the proceedings. Similarly, university committee are not fools.

And how does the politicians figure in this equation? And anyway, it does not mean you can allow students on heavily subsidized education in a central university engage in anti-national activities. How long before terrorist cells come in calling for volunteers?
Last edited by nawabs on 14 Feb 2016 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 22:41

ravip wrote:This our Home Minister for you who tweeted about Phatankot Ops and later deleted it and now this. #credibility??? https://twitter.com/KilaFateh/status/698928113888030720


So now the Pathankot is fiction is it? If he deleted the tweet then it means he was not willing to stand by it. What, you want him to knowing put out false information on twitter? Are you seriously this daft, or has politics on your brain destroyed any semblance of reality for you?

The HM has to produce evidence in court if he is charging all of these people under IPC sections and all of this evidence is already available, though you seem be clueless enough to pretend it doesn't. Let me spell it out for you, and make sure you yank your head out of whatever hole it is buried in now, so you actually read what is below.

@delhipolice Sec124a IPC-Sedition: Bringing into hatred/contempt or exciting disaffection towards State by words or by signs or visible representation.


The poster calling for destruction of India and the student organization that organized this march have both violated this law, and this has been on national news. You don't need additional "proof" from the HM, though I am sure a video of the event showing student upholding a banner would suffice and that is what the Home Ministry seems to have provided.

Which part of the above IPC section is unclear to you, that you want more "proof". Do tell, so that you can be educated and maybe it will stick.

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 22:46

JFTR: HafeezSaeedJUD is not a Parody Account as some are claiming. This google cache iten makes it pretty clear -- twitter has deleted that account.

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 14 Feb 2016 23:00


member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 14 Feb 2016 23:33

Delhi police are not letting the person behind HafizSaeedJUD -- since the like of Rajdeep Turdesai and Sagarika Ghose and Mihir Sen Sharma seem to be absoutely sure this was a parody account, whoever is behind this account is still in trouble with the law. AFAICT, this account was not a parody by a long shot.
Delhi Police begins probe into Twitter handle that prompted it to issue alert:
Delhi Police today initiated a probe into the now-defunct Twitter handle in name of Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed, on which a message was
posted in support of the JNU student stir that prompted it to issue an alert.

"We got to know that the Twitter handle has been deleted. We have initiated a probe into the matter, starting with tracking the handler, who can also be charged with sedition in view of the contents posted," a senior officer said.

Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) Sundari Nanda, who monitors Delhi Police's Twitter handles, said, "When the tweet was brought to our notice, we, as a law enforcement agency, issued the alert based on its content which was found to be anti-national."

"We checked the particular Twitter handle and most of its tweets and activities on the micro-blogging site were found to be anti-national. No matter who the handler was, the content was threatening, especially in the backdrop of the ongoing agitation at JNU," she said.

svinayak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 14223
Joined: 09 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby svinayak » 15 Feb 2016 00:03

Shut the university

Plan on a split of the university and move them to different corners of the NCR

This was the discussion with somebody who is monitoring and working with Delhi MPs

nawabs
BRFite
Posts: 1637
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby nawabs » 15 Feb 2016 00:18

Delhi Police has enough proof to nail JNU students: Commissioner Bassi

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/del ... YsnfN.html
Asked about allegations made by JNU teachers that it was wrong to register a case of sedition as the act was only that of ‘dissent’, Bassi said, “Sedition is bringing in hatred and contempt or exciting disaffection towards the State by words or by signs or visible representation. The case was registered on the basis of prima facie evidence.”

“Anyone who is indulging in slogan shouting which tends to impact the integrity of our nation and can excite others to lead to the breakdown of public order are required to be brought before the court for dispensation of justice in the matter,” Bassi said.

The police chief said that the matter of students’ links with terrorist organisations was under investigation. “The facts will be out once it is completed,” he said.

On the issue of the tweet in name of Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed, Bassi said, “The tweet was brought to our notice and the contents were found to be highly seditious in nature. It is then that it was decided to alert and educate the youth to be wary of the person or organisation that are enemies of our country. The authenticity of the tweet is not relevant at this juncture. What is important is to be aware of the evil desires of our enemies and take precautions so as to not fall prey to them.”

The tweet was deleted soon after social media started reacting to it. In reaction to that, the police issued an alert asking the youth to “not get carried away by such seditious anti-national rhetoric”.

Late on Friday evening, special commissioner of police (operations) Sundari Nanda, who monitors police’s Twitter handles, said they have initiated an inquiry to identify the person behind the tweet. “We got to know that the Twitter handle has been deleted. We have initiated a probe into the matter,” a senior officer said.

Anantha
BRFite
Posts: 1351
Joined: 25 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: US

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Anantha » 15 Feb 2016 00:25

JNU record:
2013: We are Afzals
2010: India Murdabad Maovad Zindabad (killing of CRPF jawans)
2015: protests for Yakub hanging
2015 Beef festival
2014: Durga as prostitute/ Mahishasura festival
and other assorted naxalite movement supports
so on and so forth

Added later: 2000 Indian soldiers beaten up in JNU
Last edited by Anantha on 15 Feb 2016 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Anantha
BRFite
Posts: 1351
Joined: 25 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: US

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Anantha » 15 Feb 2016 00:28

To those want to learn about ground situation in JNU, follow Abhinav Prakash in twitter, a Dalit Ph.D. scholar who is very nationalistic

patel
BRFite
Posts: 115
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby patel » 15 Feb 2016 00:32

Why is no one pointing to the obvious hole in the JNU leftist/secularist stand on the latest issue!!

1) You cannot claim to be a secular and support the "freedom struggle" of Kashmiris based solely on Islam!!!!

2) You cannot ask for a plebicite in Kashmir till Pakistan too vacates POK. Send these "Sher ke bacche" on LOC and ask them to shout their lungs out and see if they make it past the first round of sloganeering.

3) You cannot claim to be a secular and completely ignore the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and their displacement from Kashmir.

4) You cannot claim to be a believer in the constitution of India and yet term the punishment given to Afzal guru as "Judicial killing". The SC has to show some B@!!$ and slam these bugger with contempt of court.

5) You cannot hide behind the garb of "Freedom of expression" and blatantly propagate anti-national sentiments. Freedom comes with responsibility, someone needs to teach that to these morons.

patel
BRFite
Posts: 115
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby patel » 15 Feb 2016 00:59

This is the time to do send short crisp and sharp messages on SM about the past deeds of JNU students. I am willing to give some time to it if anyone else is interested.

member_29325
BRFite
Posts: 542
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby member_29325 » 15 Feb 2016 01:02

patel wrote:4) You cannot claim to be a believer in the constitution of India and yet term the punishment given to Afzal guru as "Judicial killing". The SC has to show some B@!!$ and slam these bugger with contempt of court.


You seriously expect the politically compromised imbeciles in the Supreme court to actually provide correct interpretations of the law, when they are busy creating policy across multiple departments? The Supreme Court judges have no idea what their job description is, and the number of court cases keeps piling up due to their neglect while they pick and choose sensational and politically charged cases so they can playact in front of the media. Their shenanigans are all on display on the thread in GDF. Makes you lose all respect for those clowns, or their ability to interpret the law correctly, like their job description says they should.

Rampy
BRFite
Posts: 286
Joined: 25 Mar 2003 12:31
Contact:

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Rampy » 15 Feb 2016 01:10

just heard that Make in India stage was engulfed in fire when VVIPs were performing. TV shot shows fire started from underneath the stage. But no one was injured. No sure but they have been doing such programs, how come it happened in MII?

Another news was some people thew stones on SRKs cars and nare baji was done, this looks completly coocked by SRK, he is know for paying money to people for mischief and sell movie, bugger... best part no reason was stated as why people were doing nare baji

ManSingh
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 40
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby ManSingh » 15 Feb 2016 01:20


Anantha
BRFite
Posts: 1351
Joined: 25 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: US

Re: Internal Security Watch

Postby Anantha » 15 Feb 2016 01:27

Man Singh that video was put by RSS itself


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Sharma and 45 guests