Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by kmkraoind »

Jail inmates find it hard to believe that ‘Sir’ is a terrorist
"Many inmates call him 'sir'. Others address him as 'Yakub bhai'. Even the guards are courteous to him. Seldom does he get into arguments. He prefers silence to protesting if something irks him," said a jail source. "Many inmates consider him a mentor. Others look up to him as a teacher, who is full of wisdom." :evil:

A source who has seen Yakub in the jail's administrative office recalled how the clerical staff approached him for suggestions and he would be ready with solutions. "Jail staff and inmates working in the office get up from their seats when Yakub walks in," :shock: :twisted: said the source.
This is the result of Congi and it media henchmen slams Col Purohit and Saadhvi Pragya for no fault of theirs, while maintaining radio silence of real scums. I bet 10 years of Sickular rule (including Dawood influence) of MH had resulted completed dhimmiication of babudom.

Really this is stomach churning and very very upsetting news for me.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shiv Aroor ‏@ShivAroor 1h1 hour ago

Army kills 2 NSCN (K) terrorists and injures one in Avangkhu, Nagaland after midnight last night. Both were in uniform.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

:evil:

Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Wonder how much of this is going on across the country - we see gold smuggling arrests in quite a few places now...

Muslim arrested in Kolkata Airport while smuggling gold under the Buddhist robe.
A Muslim person masquerading as a Buddhist monk was arrested at the NSC Bose International Airport in Kolkata in the early morning on Tuesday on the charge of smuggling gold.

Wearing a Buddhist monk’s robe and with shaven head, an apparently elderly ‘Head Monk’ arrived by an Indigo Flight with his four disciple dressed also as Buddhist monks. “He appeared to have taken a vow of silence like monks,” an airport official said. The set piece disciples were rather preventing the airport security personnel from reaching their ‘head monk’ for any interrogation. Their movements were suspicious enough.

After checking the passport of the appearing ‘Buddhist Monk on silence’, the Airport Customs officer revealed the person as a Muslim named Hassan Gani of Chennai. Afterward the officials found anomalies in all of their passports as four fake disciples were also Muslims.

“He was dressed like a Buddhist monk but the name on his passport suggested he was a Muslim. Initially, he put on an act and stayed mum…. But he soon broke down,” the official said. Gold bars weighing 2.6kg and worth Rs 68.6 lakh were seized from a small bag generally used to count the prayer beads within it.

When produced the gold smugglers in Barasat Court (N 24 Pgs), the respective Judge ordered a jail custody for Hassan Gani and released the other four as nothing was particularly recovered from them.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

If gun licenses are being given to Bangladeshis - should this not raise alarm bells?

Preference to Bangladeshi's over Ex-Servicemen in Kerala as Security!
member_20036
BRFite

Post by member_20036 »

Cops told to trace girl
The girl was abducted by muslims
Our Bureau
Calcutta, July 17:The high court today directed Mograhat police station in South 24-Parganas to trace a 14-year-old girl who was allegedly abducted from her home by some youths on May 4.
Following a habeas corpus petition moved by the girl's father, Justice Dipankar Dutta directed the police to produce the girl before the court on July 27.
Kushal Chatterjee, the lawyer who appeared on behalf of the petitioner, told the court: "The girl was abducted in February but she managed to escape. She was again abducted in May by some youths. An FIR was lodged by the petitioner but the police did not take any action."
Advocate Subrata Dutta, appearing on behalf of the state, said the police were trying their best.
State BJP chief Rahul Sinha today started a sit-in outside Mograhat police station, demanding that the police trace the girl and the chief minister visit her family and assure all help.
BJP national president Amit Shah has decided to send a three-member BJP team, including MP M.J. Akbar, to Bengal tomorrow to investigate the disappearance of the girl.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1150718/j ... anP-tBuuSw
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Anindya wrote:If gun licenses are being given to Bangladeshis - should this not raise alarm bells?

Preference to Bangladeshi's over Ex-Servicemen in Kerala as Security!
Makes no sense unless people doing hiring are Muslims.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

It makes me angry on one hand, but on the other hand I have given up on my Bengali brethren. I am sorry Anindya. It makes me so sad but the most 'secular' people I have met till now (even though I know there are a few Bengalis here too) have been Hindu bengalis. I have forgotten the number of arguments I have had with them, even with people who were hounded out of Bangladesh. I have heard arguments such as the usual ones like 'secularism must be upheld', 'RSS/BJP are same as terrorists and are idiots', 'culture triumphs religion' (which is weird because they all do agree, when asked, that it doesnt for Muslims and Christians). I was told, when I asked about Hindus dying in 24 Pargana or Murshidabad etc., that 'they dont contribute anything to economy so it doesnt matter'! The most virulent Modi haters on my Fb, maybe even more so than Muslims or Christians, are Bengali Hindus.
Its like they think they live in some special ideal world where there are no problems of anti-Hindu kind, and its BJP/RSS stirring the pot otherwise everything would've been fine. I personally dont know a single Bengali who is even slightly right wing or pro-Hindu. And I know some 30 overall. Breaks my heart but I have given up after countless debates and blood-pressure rousing situations/news.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

kittoo wrote:
It makes me angry on one hand, but on the other hand I have given up on my Bengali brethren. I am sorry Anindya. It makes me so sad but the most 'secular' people I have met till now (even though I know there are a few Bengalis here too) have been Hindu bengalis. I have forgotten the number of arguments I have had with them, even with people who were hounded out of Bangladesh. I have heard arguments such as the usual ones like 'secularism must be upheld', 'RSS/BJP are same as terrorists and are idiots', 'culture triumphs religion' (which is weird because they all do agree, when asked, that it doesnt for Muslims and Christians). I was told, when I asked about Hindus dying in 24 Pargana or Murshidabad etc., that 'they dont contribute anything to economy so it doesnt matter'! The most virulent Modi haters on my Fb, maybe even more so than Muslims or Christians, are Bengali Hindus.
Its like they think they live in some special ideal world where there are no problems of anti-Hindu kind, and its BJP/RSS stirring the pot otherwise everything would've been fine. I personally dont know a single Bengali who is even slightly right wing or pro-Hindu. And I know some 30 overall. Breaks my heart but I have given up after countless debates and blood-pressure rousing situations/news.

Sad but true. I don't class them as Hindus. They may be classed atheist by brain, Hindu by heart meaning they do follow their religion dutifully because their parents did and when someone ask which religion they belong to they have something to reply or fallback upon rather than staring back like Chinese do. Fringe followers who probably knows little about Hinduism, yet pretends to torch bearers of the religion. These guys are devious, with ulterior motives, hidden agenda and can be easily seen to vociferous in their hate to anything related to Hinduism.

The only way to tackle this lot is to continuously beat them in arguments by providing strong counter arguments and let them provide any examples which can be as strong as yours e.g. a Hindu child slapped a Muslim child on the street and therefore father of Muslim child became angry and killed Hindu child's father cannot be classed as an argument as they are not proportional in nature.
csaurabh
BRFite

Post by csaurabh »

kittoo wrote: It makes me angry on one hand, but on the other hand I have given up on my Bengali brethren. I am sorry Anindya. It makes me so sad but the most 'secular' people I have met till now (even though I know there are a few Bengalis here too) have been Hindu bengalis. I have forgotten the number of arguments I have had with them, even with people who were hounded out of Bangladesh. I have heard arguments such as the usual ones like 'secularism must be upheld', 'RSS/BJP are same as terrorists and are idiots', 'culture triumphs religion' (which is weird because they all do agree, when asked, that it doesnt for Muslims and Christians). I was told, when I asked about Hindus dying in 24 Pargana or Murshidabad etc., that 'they dont contribute anything to economy so it doesnt matter'! The most virulent Modi haters on my Fb, maybe even more so than Muslims or Christians, are Bengali Hindus.
Most Bangalies are put off by the average North Indian's crudeness and complete lack of cultural refinement ( UP/Bihar ) or an obsession with money/business ( Marwaris, Gujratis ). They cannot identify much with South India either ( becoz language problem ). This means they only identify much with Odisha and... Bangladesh. Dhaka radio has excellent programs and can be heard all over.. moreover Bengali TV shows often cross borders as well. This causes Bengali media to be 'sikular' ( to be fair, Bollywood has the same problem ). On the other hand, Bengalis born and brought up outside WB ( like me ) can often see the problem much more clearly..
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

it cuts both ways. the almost lone voices in media for the PIF in the long years of wilderness were 3 bongs. some of the most important icons of the nationalist movement are bongs. rss boom state in recent years has been WB.

yet people would ignore all that and go by their pet biases. because of course, anything outside their narrow definition of hindus must be an enemy. I mean, non-veg eating hindus are just not 'proper' hindus right ? :D
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

csaurabh wrote:
kittoo wrote: It makes me angry on one hand, but on the other hand I have given up on my Bengali brethren. I am sorry Anindya. It makes me so sad but the most 'secular' people I have met till now (even though I know there are a few Bengalis here too) have been Hindu bengalis. I have forgotten the number of arguments I have had with them, even with people who were hounded out of Bangladesh. I have heard arguments such as the usual ones like 'secularism must be upheld', 'RSS/BJP are same as terrorists and are idiots', 'culture triumphs religion' (which is weird because they all do agree, when asked, that it doesnt for Muslims and Christians). I was told, when I asked about Hindus dying in 24 Pargana or Murshidabad etc., that 'they dont contribute anything to economy so it doesnt matter'! The most virulent Modi haters on my Fb, maybe even more so than Muslims or Christians, are Bengali Hindus.
Most Bangalies are put off by the average North Indian's crudeness and complete lack of cultural refinement ( UP/Bihar ) or an obsession with money/business ( Marwaris, Gujratis ). They cannot identify much with South India either ( becoz language problem ). This means they only identify much with Odisha and... Bangladesh. Dhaka radio has excellent programs and can be heard all over.. moreover Bengali TV shows often cross borders as well. This causes Bengali media to be 'sikular' ( to be fair, Bollywood has the same problem ). On the other hand, Bengalis born and brought up outside WB ( like me ) can often see the problem much more clearly..
I wanted to write this in earlier post, but didnt. As your post hinted at, I have often found that during these debates, I have often found that most Bengalis will be slightly snobbish, talking with contempt in assurance of the superiority of their ideas. And I am not UPite/Bihari or crass (not that UPites/Biharis are. I love their style of Hindi, though it may seem crass to some). I am Sindhi/Rajasthani. Maybe over time they have developed this sense of superiority with respect to all North Indians. Also, maybe someone should tell them about the role that Marwaris played in saving Kolkata in 1947.
On another note, right after I posted, my FB wall was filled with posts from Bengalis about Modi's cancelled trips to Benaras, because of rains. It was like some collective celebration of rage against Modi/BJP, with comments such as 'cleaning ganga is the biggest scam. what benefits will it give?', "I wont give up my LPG subsidy' and 'wasting our taxes'. Yeah get a commie/TMC/Congress government. They are so much better. Makes my blood boil. Anyway, cant do much other than blocking them on FB.
P.S.- Glad to hear that Bengalis outside WB are much more clear headed.
Rahul M wrote:it cuts both ways. the almost lone voices in media for the PIF in the long years of wilderness were 3 bongs. some of the most important icons of the nationalist movement are bongs. rss boom state in recent years has been WB.

yet people would ignore all that and go by their pet biases. because of course, anything outside their narrow definition of hindus must be an enemy. I mean, non-veg eating hindus are just not 'proper' hindus right ? :D
Seriously, Rahul saar? We must think that 'non-veg' eating Hindus are not proper Hindus? What are Rajputs then? I dont give a shit who eats veg on non-veg.
And it has been a serious pain point for me that the land that gave us such luminaries such as Swami Vivekananda has become this. Please dont think that I have no idea about Bengal's contribution there. Thats the reason its even more hurtful to me.
I hope you werent referring to me when you said 'narrow definition of Hindus', because I am pretty sure my post wasnt about that at all.
And I sure as hell hope that its just my pet bias. All ~30 of known Bengalis being uber secular does make it hard for me to believe the other way. I hope I am wrong.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

del
Last edited by svenkat on 18 Jul 2015 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
member_28359
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28359 »

I am a bengali myself and can assure you that RSS is gaining a lot of foothold in the rural areas. Yes educated Bengalis are still very secular which is the reason that I have this endless fights with my colleagues and friends every day on the topic of Namo and BJP/RSS. But this has happened due to the continuous left rule in WB followed now by the highly secular TMC.
Rural bengal now though has changed... BJP membership is rising. What bengal needs is someone from BJP who can stand up to Mamata.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

kittoo, it wasn't directed at you or anyone else here. I was responding to csaurabh that mutual biases often create these kind of stereotypes, which, almost always are grossly inaccurate.

the non-veg bias thing I wrote about actually exists.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Rahul M wrote:it cuts both ways. the almost lone voices in media for the PIF in the long years of wilderness were 3 bongs. some of the most important icons of the nationalist movement are bongs. rss boom state in recent years has been WB.

Rahul da,

15K villages in state have real problem. remaining villages on the western side of the state should begin swachh-bhaarat abhiyaan. It will help eventual emergence of clear lines to defend.

I do not want to get abruptly banned again without any sort of prior warning for stating the obvious. :evil: :(

But , sorry you can only run so far with closed eyes.

In the words of a friend associated with WB-cause - mindset of PIF in WB is - baDaa kaam hum kar nahi sakte aur chhoTaa kaam hum karenge nahi (we are not in position to do big things and we will not do small things [i.e. it is beneath us])
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Kittoo, you probably met the wrong kind of Bengalies. There was uninterrupted Communist rule for forty years with heavy brainwashing. It will take time to go away. As others have mentioned PIF have become very active in WB again. You will see the results in 10-15 yrs. A lot of work is going on at grass-root level bypassing the bhadralok. The bhadralok is a powerful but small section in WB. WB is in transition. It will take sometime to clear things up provided the Communists don't come back again.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

I know a fellow Bong Prof physics graduate from IISC who rejected a job offer from Goldman Sachs to teach in Physics.

He is a pure Veg and a Bajrang Bali Bhakt...My jaw dropped when he told me he was Veg, no fish for him.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Paul wrote:I know a fellow Bong Prof physics graduate from IISC who rejected a job offer from Goldman Sachs to teach in Physics.

He is a pure Veg and a Bajrang Bali Bhakt...My jaw dropped when he told me he was Veg, no fish for him.
:?:
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

to become a Professor in Physics i.e.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

No last namaz for terrorists, sympathizers: Clerics 8)
BAREILLY: Clerics of the Dargah Ala Hazrat, the influential seminary here, have issued a new fatwa that bars the recital of burial prayers for any person associated with terrorism.

Sending out a strong message on the occasion of Eid, clerics of the influential seminary announced that if any person with terror connections dies, the 'namaz-e-janaza' would not be read during burial services for him. The prayer is important for Islamic last rites.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

BJP central team visits Bengal village, blames state govt for 'reign of terror'
Akbar, who led a three-member BJP delegation to Mograhat in South 24-Parganas district where a 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted a few months back, told PTI, "The people here are living under a constant reign of terror. They are terrified. The police is sitting idle. "Instead of taking action to find the girl, they (police) are sitting mum and whoever is trying to search for the girl they are sending them to the TMC goons," Akbar said, adding, the delegation would submit the report to party President Amit Shah.

"If action is not taken and the girl is not rescued, Moghrahat will turn into the next Nandigram for the next change in Bengal," he said. "The people of Bengal will give a befitting reply to this reign of terror," he added.
The delegation consisted of three MPs - Akbar, Arjun Ram Meghwal and Saroj Pandey.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Businessmen still contact Dawood to settle disputes
According to him, successive governments have failed to apply the kind of pressure that they should have on Dawood, to weaken him. "His associates, bookies and his business fronts are still active in India, and are known to the concerned authorities in government.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

That would a Barelvi Fatwa.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

kittoo wrote:As your post hinted at, I have often found that during these debates, I have often found that most Bengalis will be slightly snobbish, talking with contempt in assurance of the superiority of their ideas.
The same quality can be observed in Keralites as well. Especially amongst the so-called Hindu upper-caste individuals who have communist leanings. For them any Hindi-wallah is an illiterate, culture less, ignorant, religiously indoctrinated fool. Ideally suited for hard physical labour. They kind of portray communism an idealogy not fit for these morons (hence commies don't get votes out there), where as their idealogy - i.e communism requires some sort of higher intellectual understanding. So it is more like, "you wanna prove that you are brainy, say that you are a commie". The 100% literacy campaign, was also a similar move.

PS: I was just reading through some books about the infamous 1921 Moplah riots. The author was trying to explain why the Hindus got such a sound drubbing. The upper caste Hindus were always on the high of being great intellectuals, always figuring out the nuances of poems, kathakali and sanskrit books etc. They stayed at large mansions, within their own huge lands and in their own dreams. The lower caste Hindus, who tilled the lands etc. stayed at a greater distances fully separated on caste lines. The Moplahs on the other hand were fairly egalitarian amongst themselves and stayed in very tightly grouped housing tenaments. So when trouble broke, 100s of Moplahs can be mustered within minutes, where as an upper caste Hindu intellectual (communist or other wise), would find it tough to muster 10-15 people. And even if he manages to assemble a few, the intellectual supremism, and purity nonsense ensured that there is no strong cohesive bonding amongst all of them. To be frank, even today I think this "intellectual" one-up-man ship (commie intellectuals v/s other "commmunal" folks) would still harm the majority community.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Rahul M wrote:I mean, non-veg eating hindus are just not 'proper' hindus right ? :D
Babumoshai, I think this is incorrect generalization. myself and my 'n' generations were vegetarians. I also don't drink (except for brief time socially as talib in madrassa) or smoke. I can vouch the same for my large extended family and relatives (by and large).

But never has there been a thought expressed or anyone disillusioned to think other hindus who eat meat are any less/"proper" hindus. I did not come across friends who have objections to my way though met a few 'hybrids' who were more than curious to argue on this; I did not argue with them. Parties I host have only vegetarian but yet when I go to other' parties there may be non-veg. I will just excuse myself from that area. I have seen few "brahmins" (not in relation) who eat meat and also have seen plenty of non-Brahmins who don't eat meat at all.

I mean we believe in liberty of all species not just individual liberty. Folks can eat whatever they want, who am I to stop it as long as it does not affect me negatively.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

saarji, you are making the mistake of thinking it is aimed at you (or anyone else w/o this bias).

but this kind of bias does exist. bongs hold their own set of prejudices as csaurabh indicated. and so does every single community. not all members of those communities subscribe to these prejudices but enough do to make it a major problem.
we need to break down ALL such walls that seek to divide us.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I think you guys are making a mistake that they (veggie eaters) consider non veg eaters as "proper" hindus. Fact is the notion of hindus vs non-hindus does not exists between "hindus" at all. If you had termed it purer vs less purer, I would agree to some extent. That is difficult to get rid of and does not come in the way of "hindu" vs "non-hindu" battle.
If this is something specific to W. Bengal (or surroundings), I can't be more certain than you but it does not apply to central and south India.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Purer vs less purer comes into question only when doing certain poojas, yagnas, and exercising authority in subject matter. Which I believe is legitimate to an extent as far as "walking the talk" is concerned. Pooja place is supposed to be clean and brahmana will walk the talk in that matter and he may insist on that. In general matters, the purer vs less purer does not get anywhere close to violent disagreements let alone violent actions like we see in green vs less green variety.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

the case of Tuktuki, who is a victim of Islamic jihad, is turning into something which is forcing all the major political forces in Bengal to take a stance. I hope they recover her and save her life. And the Jihadis who kidnapped and raped her need to be lynched by Hindus. I hope to see their bloodied bodies on a Kolkata street.

meanwhile, the shameless CM of Bengal comes out and says that the Jihadi with the name "Gazi" might not necessarily be a Muslim. What a disgusting mind?!
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

All the same, 'vegetarian elitism' is a problem with Hindus that prevents pan-Hindu consolidation. Having grown up vegetarian, I have seen people turn up their noses at meat-eating Hindus. I know a lot of people who show more compassion towards animals than they do towards poorer Hindus.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Dated, but this man Ross Kemp claims he met a Rape jihadist who admitted to killing 400 girls in India - this is beyond massacre if true.

Ross Kemp: my five most hellish moments - TV hardman Ross Kemp has travelled to the world’s most dangerous and deprived locations for his investigative documentaries. Here he reveals the moments that affected him most
India, 2013

I was investigating sex trafficking, and we had managed to track down one of the most prolific traffickers.

This guy - who I’ll call Mr Khan - was trafficking thousands of girls a year. He said he had lost count of how many he’d killed, but estimated it was around 400. He was being helped out by certain members of the authorities, and when it looked like they were going to get caught, he was put under pressure by these people in authority to kill the girls.

He worked as a honeytrap, so he’d go into a village; shower a girl and her family with gifts. He’d say he was going to take her away somewhere lovely, but as soon as he had her on a train she’d be drugged. She’d wake up in a bed and be gang raped, then forced into prostitution through shame, without the ability to get back home. Even if she did make it home, would she ever be accepted by her family again?

I’m not supposed to judge, but this was one of the times I found it very hard not to. He was trying to justify the killing of these girls by saying he would have been killed himself if he didn’t do it. He had gold rings on his fingers, a very nice car, and some bodyguards with him. After the interview I just had to say ‘get him out of my sight’. I had so much loathing for the man, I can’t tell you.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I know this is getting dangerously OT so my last:
Kakkaji wrote:All the same, 'vegetarian elitism' is a problem with Hindus that prevents pan-Hindu consolidation. Having grown up vegetarian. I have seen people turn up their noses at meat-eating Hindus.
What elitism are you talking about? In order to be not seen as elitist, you are expecting vegetarians to change their belief? or pretend and suffer while holding their own feelings. So, you are going to replace this "elitist" behavior with persecution?
I know a lot of people who show more compassion towards animals than they do towards poorer Hindus.
I know a lot of non-vegetarian people showing more compassion towards animals than other fellow non-vegetarians. What does this prove? Sheet!
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Common link between 26/11 financiers, J&K man charged by ED

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... s?from=mdr
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Kakkaji wrote:All the same, 'vegetarian elitism' is a problem with Hindus that prevents pan-Hindu consolidation. Having grown up vegetarian, I have seen people turn up their noses at meat-eating Hindus. I know a lot of people who show more compassion towards animals than they do towards poorer Hindus.

Saar I have few questions on this: viewtopic.php?p=1872725#p1872725
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Any reports on what is going on here? Picked this out of Asian Age....

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Satya_anveshi wrote:I know this is getting dangerously OT so my last:
Kakkaji wrote:All the same, 'vegetarian elitism' is a problem with Hindus that prevents pan-Hindu consolidation. Having grown up vegetarian. I have seen people turn up their noses at meat-eating Hindus.
What elitism are you talking about? In order to be not seen as elitist, you are expecting vegetarians to change their belief? or pretend and suffer while holding their own feelings. So, you are going to replace this "elitist" behavior with persecution?
let me get this right, just pointing out bias towards no-vegetarian hindus (or 'less pure' ones as you put it, very properly paki choice of terminology btw) is persecution and suffering ? wow, just wow.

the gist of your post is
a) that vegetarians are superior hindus are part of their core belief
b) being asked not to think of non-vegetarian hindus as 2nd class human beings is to 'pretend & suffer'
c) not being allowed to hate other hindus is 'persecution'

basically you want a right to hate other hindus for vegetarians ! quite incredible.
with that list sir, good luck trying to defend sanatan dharma. :wink:
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Rahul M wrote:let me get this right, just pointing out bias towards no-vegetarian hindus (or 'less pure' ones as you put it, very properly paki choice of terminology btw) is persecution and suffering ? wow, just wow.

the gist of your post is
a) that vegetarians are superior hindus are part of their core belief
b) being asked not to think of non-vegetarian hindus as 2nd class human beings is to 'pretend & suffer'
c) not being allowed to hate other hindus is 'persecution'

basically you want a right to hate other hindus for vegetarians ! quite incredible.
with that list sir, good luck trying to defend sanatan dharma. :wink:
You should be ashamed of yourself for changing my argument beyond recognition.

From "improper" hindus it becomes 2nd class human beings and then accusation of "elitism" becomes hate :rotfl:

Your original post about vegetarians treating non-vegetarians as "improper" hindus is not backed by any data but an opinion out of your mush. I said, there *may be* substance to it in the context of cleanliness of pooja, yagna places etc. That was not an endorsement but observation.

What are folks supposed to do in public life if they don't approve of meat in their personal life? Should they simply tolerate it despite not liking just to appear "non-elite" in your view? For this you have no answer. What behavioral attributes prove they are elite vs non-elite or proper hindu vs improper hindu?

Veg only community is probably minuscule population of India/Hindus and how does it become threat to Sanatana Dharma and becomes a topic in internal security watch thread prodded by you an admin?
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

Kakkaji wrote:All the same, 'vegetarian elitism' is a problem with Hindus that prevents pan-Hindu consolidation. Having grown up vegetarian, I have seen people turn up their noses at meat-eating Hindus. I know a lot of people who show more compassion towards animals than they do towards poorer Hindus.
This absolutely does not make sense, you are either imagining or inventing a bias which does not exist. I grew up in Gandhi’s Gujarat as a "vegetarian elite" as you would brand me, and have never thought less of those who did not follow vegetarianism stringently. And by the way even in Gujarat of 1970-80's folks like me were a minority, I was/am the odd one out. Every single friend I had barring just one Jain guy all of them were non-vegetarians of varying degrees, and I am only talking about Hindus, not several of my Muslim, Jew, or Parsi friends. They (specifically my liberal Hindu friends) never thought less of me or me of them. May be this is just a fault line in communism dominated areas of India, and manufactured over decades by commie pasand groups.

Everyone has personal boundaries. Heck, I would not let my 5 year old niece or 75 year old dad touch me at time of my Pooja if they had pooped and not taken a shower after; nor will I eat off their plate, and they are just as much a Brahmin and vegetarian as I. With sanatan dharma ones beliefs are always deemed as personal, I don’t care what you eat or how you pray or not; this has no bearings on my relation with you; nor would I be interested in proselytizing you. Where is the elitism?