India-US Relations : News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion

Post by Shreeman »

LokeshC wrote:There is no direct reference to Hitler Mamu in that farticle. Only indirect memes that point to a "Nazi" like organization. Westerners are programmed to identify such memes as an evil to be destroyed.

The message is subtle, just look at the pictures without reading the article and you will get what I am saying.
The basis of all this is congress(indian congress as in c(i)) generated hatred out of fear from a true political contender. Older people can comment on what wrath even suspicion of association with RSS could bring. RSS as a monster was an image originally exported by Indian elite. Having said this, the self goal now serves a different purpose.

Never heard anyone here recount their own experiences of being a member. What is RSS and what did you actually do in it?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Gus wrote:
matrimc wrote:FWIW (and OT as well).
heh..this is massa thread.
Gus, it is India-Massa thread - so OT to talk about internal politics.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Shreeman wrote: Never heard anyone here recount their own experiences of being a member. What is RSS and what did you actually do in it?
If that question is answered by an RSS supporter, he or she will be instantly ridiculed and dismissed as propaganda. While at the same time falling for the CONgi macaulayite propagandu that RSS == Nazi. Irony, hypocrisy means nothing to Unkil and that much is pretty clear :). All unkil now has to do is connect the dots given in this artical: Since Modi came from RSS, Modi == Hitler/facist etc etc.

As you may recall, wikileaks quoted Raul Ghandy saying to his American master that "Yindoo terror" was the biggest threat India (aka Macaulayite CONgi DIEs) are facing today.

The new "Boorish Hindoooo" stereotype:
1) Hindu rapist stereotype.
2) Hindu fundah-mentalist RSS -- Nazi stereotype
3) Ignorant Hindu stereotype

The old one was Snake Charmer stereotype.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

For ref: two American Goris get the snake charmer experience:
gandharva wrote:Image
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

What I find interesting is the changing racist caricatures in the American media about the "other".

For ex:
Blacks before slavery: "Child like creatures who have low IQ"
Blacks after slavery: "Jim Crow", "Black Brute"
Blacks after civil rights: "Scary Black man", "Angry Black WOman", "Violent inner city blacks" etc.

Indians in 1960: Snake Charmers
Indians in 2000s: IT coolies + Snake Charmers (cognitive dissonance)
Indians in 2010s: Rapists, facists, etc.

The pattern in racist caricatures that I find is this: The more powerful and threatening a race becomes, the caricatures turn that much dark and violent. The less powerful it is, the more "funny" they become.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

pankajs wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 61363.aspx
Why meet Bill and Hillary? And why meet Haley? I mean there are other Very successful Americans of Indian origin so why choose to meet Haley?
Power NaMo supporters want him to.

IA's successful or not, do not contribute to the advancement of his agenda.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

LokeshC wrote:What I find interesting is the changing racist caricatures in the American media about the "other".

For ex:
Blacks before slavery: "Child like creatures who have low IQ"
Blacks after slavery: "Jim Crow", "Black Brute"
Blacks after civil rights: "Scary Black man", "Angry Black WOman", "Violent inner city blacks" etc.

Indians in 1960: Snake Charmers
Indians in 2000s: IT coolies + Snake Charmers (cognitive dissonance)
Indians in 2010s: Rapists, facists, etc.

The pattern in racist caricatures that I find is this: The more powerful and threatening a race becomes, the caricatures turn that much dark and violent. The less powerful it is, the more "funny" they become.
Well, someone say something about RSS. If it is such a representative organisation how come nobody here has met it. The PM having been a member, clearly there should be no negative effects of association now.

VHP == Ram temple == Babri masjid.

What is the boogeyman for RSS. Is it the kendostyx == lal masjid deal?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

This is the usual tactic of the US/West.Demonise a popular non-white leader in the turd world who resists the diktat of the white herrenvolk. Thus Nasser,Tito,Mrs.G.,and other NAM leaders were called dictators,communists,fascists,etc., and latterly leaders built up by the West/US like Milosevic, Saddam,Gadhaffi and now Assad,and Yanukovych were demonised as warmongers,war criminals,dictators,etc.,worthy of being deposed and regime change applied to "save civilians".

In India,the RRS has been a convenient whipping boy for decades as a fascist outfit and the BJP victimised as the "Hindu right wing" party.Do we call the Tories in Britain as the "Right wing Christian fundamentalist" party,or similarly the Republicans in the US as "Neo-Conservative Christian Fundamentalists",which under Dubya Bush was exactly what it was!

The problem is that we do not respond in kind using the power of the state run media.India needs to establish a sophisticated 24X& World TV channel on the lines of Al Jazeera,RT,the BBC,CNN,etc.,with a bunch of slick anchors and experts,who speak perfect English and a couple of other foreign languages,sub-title options in Spanish,French,Chinese,Japanese,etc. We have enough of BYTs (bright young things ) from Ox-Bridge,Ivy league and our own best colleges and Univs.,to fill the slots.There is a huge resource of experts ranging from diplomats,military men,think tank analysts,economists-and Indian economists are found at the highest level in the world's most renowned banks,financial institutions and companies,sporting heroes,cultural icons,IT/media experts who can design and provide a splendid package which will convey the independent Indian viewpoint without the heavy hand of govt. control and dreariness that one finds with Doordarshan.The global Indian expat community will enjoy it as well as many foreign viewers,friends of India,etc.Above al,it will be a sharp weapon with which to discount,discredit and destroy anti-Indian propaganda spouted out by media entities which resort to anti-Indian propaganda.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Shreeman wrote:
Well, someone say something about RSS. If it is such a representative organisation how come nobody here has met it. The PM having been a member, clearly there should be no negative effects of association now.

Well, I think at least one forum member has written about the RSS from a personal experience POV.Read here:
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... r#p1649922

Disclaimer: It is not about what you are asking, but since you are seeking a Sanghi, maybe this will help.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Excellent discussion. The emphasis, I hope, shifts from considering an improved uniform to issues of organizational leadership. There is a mismatch between what still works at the ground level in most of India, and what works inside the corporate parks/'burbs of Blooru and Hybad and iPhone Valley.

One sees the other as hopelessly stuck in Baithaks and prostrating themselves b4 one another. The other sees the one as completely out of touch with India as it really is. Both are right to some extent. What has now taken over India seems a mix of giddy VC type bijnej models, some brilliant micro/macro models, and I fear, some of the worst 'sell everything now' aspects of desi bijnej practices where real painstaking innovation (such as in defense R&D) has no hope.

The Arr Ess Ess does have an unparalleled window of opportunity to rethink and reinvent itself, assimilating the best of its traditional strengths with modern opportunities and some hard re-thinking on how to adopt the best of that rather than the superficial.

(OK, I am on a yak-trek in the Ulan Bator mtns, hopefully most of the dung coming at this post will be aimed as well as Yookrainian artillery onlee)

And no, I have never been to any Arr Ess Ess shaka mtg, but there used to be one next door, all good friends of mine. The Wheel has come around: things that some us fought very hard for, have won. But I think the CarpetBaggers are overrunning India now, and I don't see any power active, that can pull the nation around to what really matters.

If this keeps up, in 5 years, 600 million who now don't have a thing to their name, will have bank accounts and life insurance and 1900-level potties all over the villages and 1960-level potties in all the motels with 800AD level maintenance thereof. A huge improvement. And the 600 million will use their mobile phones which can access e(Z)-Governance and cast their votes - for the Congi. Like what happened in 2004 after the greatest positive turnaround of the Indian economy, opportunities and foreign affairs. India :(( swept India Shining into the dustbin then, and it can happen again.

I am waiting to see what happens on Sep. 27-30. The signs are already ominous: the Madison Gardens tamasha has been taken over by the Usual Herrows, well experienced in wheelingNDealing with the YouPeeAy.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Ah! Pessimism. Was 'Changez Khan' so pessimistic? It's the weather there UBji or maybe the Chinese Oil Wells?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

UlanBatori wrote:I am waiting to see what happens on Sep. 27-30. The signs are already ominous: the Madison Gardens tamasha has been taken over by the Usual Herrows, well experienced in wheelingNDealing with the YouPeeAy.
IIRC Modi ji had specifically asked for this event not to be community or party specific. It was his desire to have a rainbow coalition organize this meet.

Maybe Modi ji and the government will play the good cop and the party the bad cop.

Added later:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesund ... 395030.ece
American Desis Open the Floodgates to The Great NaMo Spectacular
Interestingly, among the “responsibilities” of Indian associations that register for the passes is “honouring the goals of achieving diversity in age, gender, geography, language, religion and economic status in allocating tickets for the event”.

As per sources, this was a result of a direct input from Modi who wanted the reception to be a pan-Indian event.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

ModiJi is not asking for my advice :-), but frankly, as an NRI myself, we hardly have any power, zero, nada, zilch to influence US policy, heck with so many of us SDREs in such prominent positions in this country, we have not been able to dispel the India TSP equal equal image. Furthermore, I don't have the #s, but what contribution, in material terms that is, have NRIs made to India? Most NRIs are busy making ends meet in this country, some like Nikki Haley and Preet Khalistani etc are putting in yomen efforts to become more white than the thoroughbreds who descended from the Mayflower, so I wonder what is ModiJi hoping to achieve by that circus in NYC and meeting the likes of Haley?

Instead, my advice would be to concentrate more on meeting business big-wigs to see how they can invest in India to mutual benefit. I am sure he will, although this NYC crap will garner more media attention. Plus, don't forget the "argumentative Indians" in full display, you will find Biju Mathew & "Sooth Asia" type monkeys, Kashmiri Muslims, Khalistani, and other assorted bigots holding rallys under the watchful eye of ISI, and making this circus even more comical.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Jhujar wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ins ... story.html
Inside the RSS, India's Hindu nationalist movement, where Modi got his start
Desi Brown Spy Devi
( No More Soul but Haaart Now)
This scum is on war path abusing, sponsoring hate against Modi,RSS,BJP,Hindus,India in general.

She got the painting of sweet boy of 18 years who repeatedly plunged iron rod into Nirbhaya and sent them to WaPO & got it published. Check the Twitter TL. She is most dangerous venomous snake.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

IMHO, his NYC reception is a sort of victory rally aimed at this detractors both in India and the US. In spite of all their efforts not only has he become the PM of India, he is in US and will be accorded the biggest reception in US for any Indian PM. Heck the organizers wanted to book the Yankee stadium but that could not be managed.

The folks at the reception will be carefully selected and the event tightly scripted. Even if some unwanted folks end up creating trouble it will still not diminish his great victory over his detractors.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

pankajsJi, I agree, its probably a harmless rally despite the trouble makers, but remember, the people who helped Modi defeat the nefarious designs of his detractors are not us NRIs (we could could watch helplessly as US piled up insult and humiliation on us Hindus by denying ModiJi a visa), but the people of India. The land-slide, decisive mandate the people of India showered ModiJi with, is a resounding kick on the rear ends of his haters.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Crams
ModiJi is not asking for my advice :-), but frankly, as an NRI myself, we hardly have any power, zero, nada, zilch to influence US policy, heck with so many of us SDREs in such prominent positions in this country, we have not been able to dispel the India TSP equal equal image.
It will eventually come!! nPakis are already pariah in USA.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

^ I think its already happening to some degree. At leading public and private univs., I see an ever increasing number of Indians in leadership positions (Deans, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans) and professors in all sort of schools, be it medicine, engineering, humanities, sciences, business, journalism etc. These folks ultimately leave a good impression on tens and thousands of their students and indirectly educate them about India as a country and culture.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS saar, NYC reception is mainly aimed at the DC circuit that got his visa cancelled in 2005 and at the Indians/Americans behind the Warton fiasco. To a lesser extent it is also aimed at his India detractors who cheered when his visa was cancelled in 2005, 60 odd MPs who wrote a letter to White house (or was it the hill?) to continue his visa denial as also the folks in India and abroad who wrote various op-eds, open letters, appeals against him. This is rubbing salt on their wounds.

The folks who helped him take on his detractors were overjoyed when he took the oath of office and now expect him to deliver on his promises.
Last edited by pankajs on 10 Sep 2014 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:^ I think its already happening to some degree. At leading public and private univs., I see an ever increasing number of Indians in leadership positions (Deans, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans) and professors in all sort of schools, be it medicine, engineering, humanities, sciences, business, journalism etc. These folks ultimately leave a good impression on tens and thousands of their students and indirectly educate them about India as a country and culture.

Well, Im not quite sure the majority of NRI's really care about that part. Most display classic house nigger tendencies - first hand experience. Look for a video from one Rajiv Satyal titled I am Indian. His message is quite subtle in that the video is more for Indians abroad than for white boys.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by George
Most display classic house nigger tendencies - first hand experience.
On the other hand Pakis are not? just because they go out preaching their religion to everybody.

These "House Niggers" are also called law abiding, peaceful, working and contributing to both Indian and USA societies.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

SBajwa wrote:
by George
Most display classic house nigger tendencies - first hand experience.
On the other hand Pakis are not? just because they go out preaching their religion to everybody.

These "House Niggers" are also called law abiding, peaceful, working and contributing to both Indian and USA societies.

I am not complaining. Assimilation is good for them. Whatever floats their boats. I was just pointing out that it is naive of Indians to expect NRI's to display any pride associated with being Indian, let alone educate Americans about India. There are always exceptions of course.

And I would never put a fellow Indian through the ignominy of comparing him/her to a Puke.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

AshokJi, GeorgeJi is 400% correct. Most NRIs could care two hoots about India other than family, buying some property, visiting every now and then etc. I think it was one of our fellow BRites, forget his moniker who lamented on how committed Jews are to the cause of Israel when compared with Pandits about Kashmir. This applies to Indians as a whole. Please note, there is nothing wrong with NRIs wanting to make a buck, wanting to make a good life here, enjoy the goodies etc; all I am saying is that there is no point in ModiJi wasting time on us NRIs, its better for India were he to concentrate on seeking investment in India. Anyway, enough said from my side on this, the NYC rally is not worth more discussion than this.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

In my experience, Indian profs do talk about the (negative) buzzwords of caste, dowry, corruption. Even so, they communicate a lot of positive messages too, sometimes deliberately and at other times, unknowingly. Many of them are quite knowledgeable about ancient and current Indian advances and achievements in their specific fields. Also, by just being on the podium and enthralling and educating the masses and publishing in top-tier journals, they leave a positive impression about Indian culture in the minds of students and their colleagues alike. There are some such folks on BRF too. IMVHO of course.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

CRamS wrote:pankajsJi, I agree, its probably a harmless rally despite the trouble makers, but remember, the people who helped Modi defeat the nefarious designs of his detractors are not us NRIs (we could could watch helplessly as US piled up insult and humiliation on us Hindus by denying ModiJi a visa), but the people of India. The land-slide, decisive mandate the people of India showered ModiJi with, is a resounding kick on the rear ends of his haters.
CRamS saar,

Perhaps you underestimate the TsunaMo effect then :)

We, the NRIs, formed groups all over USA and Canada, made cold calls to several key constituencies, called all of our relatives, friends and acquaintances, wrote blog posts, ran Twitter and Facebook campaigns, ran chain emails and SMS campaigns, just to name a few.

I cannot really quantify the net effect of all these efforts on NaMo's winning margin. But I can honestly say this is the first time such a stupendous wave factor was observed for any Indian leader among the NRI crowd, period. If LohPrush would have been projected as the PM candidate, meh,... I wouldn't have even bothered.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

most NRIs just by doing this

1. Eating Indian food everyday.
2. Wearing indian dresses on weekends.
3. Visiting temples/gurdwaras/etc everyday/weekend.
4. Watching DEsi movies. (Indian movies play in almost all US/Canada cities and Last week it was Mardaani and this week it is Mary Kom)
5. Watching TV. (most Indians watch indian tv channels of all type).
6. Visiting India once a while.
7. Playing cricket/supporting Indians in other tournaments (Indian wrestling team, tennis players, PGA players, even baseball players)

are already helping Indians more than the Indians in India helping NRIs. And Desis living in India cannot expect anymore or less from us.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:^ I think its already happening to some degree. At leading public and private univs., I see an ever increasing number of Indians in leadership positions (Deans, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans) and professors in all sort of schools, be it medicine, engineering, humanities, sciences, business, journalism etc. These folks ultimately leave a good impression on tens and thousands of their students and indirectly educate them about India as a country and culture.
The US policy has always tilted with Pak first and then they make the policy for India
The uncle dialogue with Pak establishment continues even if the they have problem with pak nationals. Every US India policy is vetted with Pak.
Number of Indians do not matter. Uncle looks at the 'south asia' thru the eyes of Pak. Pak view of the region is what the Uncle hears. This needs to be changed
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SBajwaJi, you could not have stated it more eloquently. That is exactly my point. Expecting anymore is unrealistic. In your list, #4 though is a major turn off for me at least. I cannot imagine how anyone with some reasonable intelligence can pay money to watch Bollywood crap, especially, the "secular" rubbish. If Bollywood were to make more movies portraying TSP as the diabolical villain that it is, I will contribute my share in supporting such ventures. Or else, my support does not extend beyond watching the occasional Bollywood song & dance on youtube :-).
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

CRamS wrote:AshokJi, GeorgeJi is 400% correct. Most NRIs could care two hoots about India other than family, buying some property, visiting every now and then etc..
speak for yourself..don't unload your misplaced guild on other nri's.

by supporting my family in india (building home for them, providing for them which they spend locally, providing for education of relative's kids, laptops, guidance etc, buying land that pumps money in locally, visiting and spending money there) - these are all things that help india. i always look out for opportunities to engage our indian division and bring people onsite etc. i have no reason to beat myself up about not doing anything for india.

you're talking like we are war deserters or something. :roll:
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

The PMO really did their homework in preparation for the diplomatic offensive they will be undertaking in the US. He focused on the neighborhood first to assert Indian supremacy over China and then went to Japan and hit them from the East. Swaraj then went to Vietnam and now things are beginning to open up on the Myanmar front. Next, Modi will meet Xi in his home state before heading to DC. In effect, he has multiplied his diplomatic strength and maneuverability before the big showdown by roping in China into a security and trade dialogue.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

SBajwa's list is what I was referring to: NRI's help India by simply being Indians and being good neighbors, employees, students, and professors. Besides, I know several otherwise secular-minded NRI's who have hired thousands of Indian engineers, both in US and India and who push for opening of call centers and branch offices in India. And such direct and indirect beneficial actions happen in multiple arenas, helping India in multiple ways, even though that's not necessarily the deliberate intention to begin with. But oftentimes, NRI's intentionally help the Indian cause too.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Bajwa ji, add #8: Keeping their Indian names, all the way to the third or fourth generation and beyond. Way to rile the whites. I personally encourage the Chinese and Koreans and others that I interact with to use their original names. These people act so ashamed of their ethnic names. Ask them to tell you, and they lean forward and whisper or mumble as if they don't want anybody else to hear it. And then end loudly with "but you can call me Jason." Or Tina or whatever.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

deejay wrote:
Shreeman wrote:

Well, I think at least one forum member has written about the RSS from a personal experience POV.Read here:
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... r#p1649922

Disclaimer: It is not about what you are asking, but since you are seeking a Sanghi, maybe this will help.
I though most of the people know that I am from Sangh and BJP. I have said to on many threads many times. What seems to be an issue with Sangh.

As for as Sangh is being called all the names, it is being done for ages. Better discuss this on other threads than here.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

Gus wrote:
CRamS wrote:AshokJi, GeorgeJi is 400% correct. Most NRIs could care two hoots about India other than family, buying some property, visiting every now and then etc..
speak for yourself..don't unload your misplaced guild on other nri's.

by supporting my family in india (building home for them, providing for them which they spend locally, providing for education of relative's kids, laptops, guidance etc, buying land that pumps money in locally, visiting and spending money there) - these are all things that help india. i always look out for opportunities to engage our indian division and bring people onsite etc. i have no reason to beat myself up about not doing anything for india.

you're talking like we are war deserters or something. :roll:
yes, all NRI's go to the US to cater to the higher noble cause of sending back precious $$'s to they less fortunate bretheren in India. :roll:

On the other hand I spent a few years in NY selfishly making a ton of money and have returned home to retire. :D No noble cause here.
Last edited by member_28714 on 10 Sep 2014 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Small nitpik sirs, this isn't time to be confused. And please keep pakis out who claim to be true Indians in USA regardless of south Asia prism. Wish there were ways to kick out pretenders clearly. However, south Asia prism view means that muddling will be allowed. Must protest such skewed policies, sirs.
member_28714
BRFite

Post by member_28714 »

sudarshan wrote:Bajwa ji, add #8: Keeping their Indian names, all the way to the third or fourth generation and beyond. Way to rile the whites. I personally encourage the Chinese and Koreans and others that I interact with to use their original names. These people act so ashamed of their ethnic names. Ask them to tell you, and they lean forward and whisper or mumble as if they don't want anybody else to hear it. And then end loudly with "but you can call me Jason." Or Tina or whatever.

Is that why Nikky, Bobby et all not just have anglicized names but have also given up dharma and become abrahamic? like i said earlier, there are always exceptions but the majority dont really care about what happens back home. and there is no special pride associated with being indian. most are indifferent to it or insecure about it.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There is no pride in India for being Indians. But ask NRIs gurus? They left this nation and are now citizens of another one. Why we should expect anything from any US citizen? If they help it is ok, if they dont also it is ok. The mere fact we are expecting something from some other outside shows our low self exteem. Let it go first.

Just like some Indians insult our nation, they are also doing that. No one make us small if we ourself feel small. We have to start respecting ourselves first. Then only others respect us.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

In fact NRIs should come back on sh!t cleaning tours of India every six months, they should teach advanced techniques of animal husbandry so that pigs and stray cattle and their sh!t are kept out of cities, they should impart the importance of primary and secondary school education, they should help in the repatriation of the $1 trillion in Swiss banks so the Indian masses can enjoy what is rightfully theirs, they should reform the labour laws so that the indolent can actually be fired.

There is much that NRIs can do.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

George wrote:yes, all NRI's go to the US to cater to the higher noble cause of sending back precious $$'s to they less fortunate bretheren in India. :roll:.
strawman much?