India-US Relations : News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion

Postby sanjaykumar » 05 Oct 2014 02:34

matrimc wrote:From Ms. Anu Anand Hall's biographical skecth

She broke both American and Indian taboos when she married an Englishman, who arrived at their wedding on an elephant.

Under what rock is she living? It is nto a taboo anymore and had been broken by many many people before her when it was indeed a taboo. Looks like that is not a "biographical sketch" but the entire biography and breaking that taboo is her crowning achievement in life. She broke some taboo - so what? It is not as if the entire world is impressed. Thew world would take note if she goes to Syria for ISIS. That would be something.

Hmmmm...... they must at least have interesting dinner conversations...Daahling, do the niggers still start at Calais?......Yes dear but we don't call them that at the table anymore.....

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 05 Oct 2014 03:34

Raja Bose wrote: its aroma, texture and taste? Or do you sidestep it, hold your nose and go on your way?

While holding my nose and wearing a hazmat suite, I would very carefully put it under a microscope to see if it contains any aerosol pathogens which can spread to healthy folks. If it does, then quarantine the musharraf along with the person attached to said musharraf at the port of entry for an extended period of time. If the musharraf develops human BSE or some such madness then send it where all the musharrafs of the world are resting themselves in luxury - that modern day Trantor center of the universe of the stiff upper-lipped blighty folks.

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Postby member_22733 » 05 Oct 2014 05:08

Re: Mira Nair House N*gger artikal on WaPOS:

I keep telling people that the new style of drain inspection is to hire paid house n*ggers to write articals that would be construed as racist and rejected immediately by many neutral folks if written by a white author. Thus in order to give legitimacy to their propaganda and to influence the uninformed/neutral people reading those articles, an Indian origin person will be used.

Goebels would be proud with this level of propagandu onleeee. So watch this space, its only going to increase as we gain strength.

And BTW: I keep repeating myself here but I think I am doing my Dharma, plizz to check out Rule #4 by Derrick Bell in his book: Faces at the Bottom of the Well (Page 118):
FOURTH RULE

Wben a black person or group makes a statement or takes an action that the white community or vocal components thereof deem ''outrageous, " the latter will actively recruit blacks willing to refute the statement or condemn the action. Blacks who respond to the call for condemnation will receive superstanding status. Those blacks who refuse to be recruited will be interpreted as endorsing the statements and action and may suffer political or economic reprisals.

In the face of a strong India, Brown House N*ggers in the US have two choice: Either sing with their masters that Indians are yeeeevil yindoos with multiple arms and mouths that will consume the world, or be decimated by the white powerbroker/agent that handles them or their connections. Even if someone becomes aware of it, I bet he or she wont have the balls to break their connections. As they say: Pet ka mamla hai.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Oct 2014 05:29

I don't know what all you flaming Extremists re :(( about. I posted my respects under Mrs. Elephant-ass' Blog:

This is the best article I have read today. Compared to the one by Pankaj Mishra, and the one by Moni Basu, and the one by Suzanna Arundhati Roy. It is so good to find someone who knows so much better than all those 331 million ignorant Indian voters. And those 12 or so silly Judges on the Indian Supreme Court. Or the 10 million voters in Gujarat who voted Mr. Modi back to power three times by increasing majorities, since December 2002. Great that you, sitting in America, are so knowledgeable about the ground realities in India!

It is so good to see that you have so many who are as impressed as I am with your article. Now all I need to see is your understanding of the concept of free speech. Any better than old Herman G, dear?

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 05 Oct 2014 05:59

CRamS wrote:Raja BoseJi,

with all due respect, if WP were something you could sidestep as noise, I would agree with you. But reality is that WP, where Nair published her filth, is a premier newspaper of a supreme super power.

Washington Post is world famous in America. All Americans realize its importance to the rest of humanity. Last week - outside the airport in Bangalore - I even saw a copy of WP being used to wrap boiled peanuts. That is how far its influence reaches in the world.

saip
BRF Oldie

Postby saip » 05 Oct 2014 06:10

svinayak wrote:http://sacredcows.typepad.com/weblog/2014/10/an-open-letter-to-all-you-abcd-modi-maniacs-out-there.html

ANother one

Strange thing is the comments are moderated by the author herself

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Most of the people are Indian Born Americans and Indian Born Indians.

Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Postby Dipanker » 05 Oct 2014 07:38

IMO over the years Washignton Post had lost quite a bit of its sheen, so much so that only last years it was sold off and now Jeff Bezos is trying hard to make it a profitable venture. I would say good luck with that! Personally I think it is headed towards extinction. The daily circulation has dwindled below 500,000 and it will continue the downward trajectory.

arun
BRF Oldie

Postby arun » 05 Oct 2014 08:16

Pingale wrote:Another gem!! I don't understand where we going wrong in raising such idiots with no self-respect, utter contempt towards their motherland and their culture. Every sentence in this article is loaded and biased against Hinduism/symbols of Hinduism. Wearing saffron jacket, respecting Ganga, praising Swami Vivekananda makes you anti-minority and a Hindu nationalist.

I wonder if WaPo would have the guts to publish an article that criticizes symbols of Christianity routinely displayed by US Presidents.

Only solace are the comments below this article. She is getting bashed left and right!

Narendra Modi was speaking in code when he visited America. Here’s what he was really saying to his Hindu nationalist base

By Meera Nair October 3 at 10:30 AM
Meera Nair, who teaches writing at New York University, is the author of "Video," a short-story collection.

Narendra Modi’s first official visit to the United States, which ended on Sept. 30 was quite a spectacle. There was a campaign-style appearance before 18,000 adoring fans at New York’s Madison Square Garden. Jumbotrons in Times Square broadcast an extravaganza that featured Bollywood dancing, convention-style balloon-drops, and a receiving line of dozens of U.S. congressmen. Modi was working hard, it seemed, to introduce himself favorably to Americans and the Indian expatriates who live among them.

But he wasn’t just speaking to the people on this continent. In fact, the symbolism and rhetoric of this trip were carefully calibrated toward his Hindu nationalist base at home (and here, too). This was old-fashioned dog-whistle politics, and it was a master class. The message: I may nod to tolerance and openness, but I’m really still with you.

For starters, take the jacket Modi wore on stage in New York. It was in a color that his personal tailor, Bipin Chauhan, has called a “silent” variation of saffron. The color is a favorite of Modi’s. Many of his iconic calf-length shirts, now rebranded as #ModiKurtas (yes, they have a hash tag), and other accessories sport some shade of saffron. In India, saffron has deep connotations for Hindus, symbolizing sacred fire, sacrifice, asceticism and a quest for light and salvation. But the color has also been co-opted by Hindu fundamentalists. The armed Hindu mobs that roamed Gujarat in the 2002 riots that led to the death of over 1,000 people, three-quarters of them Muslim, wore saffron. Modi was Gujarat’s chief minister at the time. While evidence exists of state complicity in the riots, he personally has not been found guilty. Still, given the loaded iconography surrounding the color, Modi’s style choices seem awfully brazen.

In his speech on Sunday, the prime minister evoked yet another symbol of India — the river Ganges. In asking for help from affluent Indian Americans in the audience to clean up the polluted river, he referred to the river as Maa Ganga or Mother Ganga, an honorific routinely used by Hindus who revere the river as a Goddess and believe its water is holy. He exhorted the audience to watch a film that is a paean to Hindu rituals associated with the river. His reclamation project has been named NamamiGange; Namami is a term borrowed from Sanskrit prayers and means “obeisance.” Namami Gange translates as, “We bow to you, Ganga” — a sentiment that the hundreds of millions of Indians who depend on the arterial river may not share. In contrast, former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s cleanup mission was simply called the Ganga Action Plan.

Modi also made sure his audience at Madison Square Garden knew that he was fasting for Navrathri, a Hindu religious festival. At two meals organized in his honor by the White House, Modi sipped warm water — a gesture of ascetic renunciation that was widely publicized.

Even the joint op-ed penned by President Obama and Modi in The Washington Post had problems. It doffed its hat to Swami Vivekananda, whose advocacy of a more socially engaged, more “masculine” form of Hinduism that stands chest to chest with other religions, has been appropriated by Hindu fundamentalist groups like the reactionary Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and its political offshoot, Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party. Modi has in the past positioned himself as a leader in the mold of Vivekananda — even going so far to hang posters of the teacher as a backdrop for his public appearances.

The fact that the leader of a self-professed secular democracy associates himself overtly and unabashedly with the symbols of India’s majority religion should suggest that America needs to tread carefully or risk being seen as endorsing a Hindu-centric re-branding of India, a country with 176 million Muslims, some 20 million Sikhs, and many other minorities. Yes, Modi mentioned Sikhs once in his speech, and he drew attention to the Muslims who were grouped prominently near the stage, but the predominance of exclusively Hindu symbols and language in the rest of his rhetoric made these references feel like token gestures.

By themselves, wearing saffron or gifting Bhagavad Gitas to Obama could be dismissed as aesthetic or lyrical flourishes from a master politician. But taken as a whole, it is hard not to see these actions as an attempt to assert India’s Hindu-ness on the world stage — at the expense of its minority faiths.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/10/03/narendra-modi-was-speaking-in-code-when-he-visited-america-heres-what-he-was-really-saying-to-his-hindu-nationalist-base/

Influenced by Mira Nair Mamdani, close study of clothes worn by Mr. Narender Modi during his US visit leads me to conclude that he is a member of Afghan Taliban :wink: . As can be seen he wore black during his address at to the UN General Assembly and decoding the code of the colour of his jacket that is the only conclusion possible :lol: :

Hmmm ……….. was that a flash of red in our Prime Ministers top pocket :?: Do not tell me, Mr. Modi is Communist :!:

The tone and tenor of Mira Nair Mamdani’s Washington Post article is likely explained by her marriage to a Mohammadden of Gujarati Origin via Tanzania and Uganda by name of Mahmood Mamdani.

Arjun
BRF Oldie

Postby Arjun » 05 Oct 2014 08:47

arun wrote:The tone and tenor of Mira Nair Mamdani’s Washington Post article is likely explained by her marriage to a Mohammadden of Gujarati Origin via Tanzania and Uganda by name of Mahmood Mamdani.

The WaPo article is not by the fim-maker but by another Meera Nair. Same low-IQ Dilli Billi AAPtard-type though.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Postby Vayutuvan » 05 Oct 2014 08:55

shiv wrote:
CRamS wrote:Raja BoseJi,

with all due respect, if WP were something you could sidestep as noise, I would agree with you. But reality is that WP, where Nair published her filth, is a premier newspaper of a supreme super power.

Washington Post is world famous in America. All Americans realize its importance to the rest of humanity. Last week - outside the airport in Bangalore - I even saw a copy of WP being used to wrap boiled peanuts. That is how far its influence reaches in the world.

Yes, I was the one who bought those "peanuts". There was an SDRE who came by and asked me to quickly gobble the "groundnuts" so that he can get his hands on the wet rag. he wanted to read through the Modi artical while eating a PBJ sandwich in a fast food joint right across from where I was estanding.

We are slipping into Amercianisms unbeknownst us, aren't we? Soft power follows hard power not the other way around irrespective of what a few swaway western edumacated parliamentarian lordz and ladyz say.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 05 Oct 2014 10:36, edited 2 times in total.

arun
BRF Oldie

Postby arun » 05 Oct 2014 09:20

Arjun wrote:
arun wrote:The tone and tenor of Mira Nair Mamdani’s Washington Post article is likely explained by her marriage to a Mohammadden of Gujarati Origin via Tanzania and Uganda by name of Mahmood Mamdani.

The WaPo article is not by the fim-maker but by another Meera Nair. Same low-IQ Dilli Billi AAPtard-type though.

Thanks for the correcting me, the article has indeed not been written by film maker Mira Nair Mamdani. The WaPo writer as pointed out by you is indeed an all together different Mira Nair. No Dilli evident, though Punjab University is mentioned :

NYU Gallatin Faculty : Mira Nair

Meanwhile just realised that if one besides decoding colour, decodes collar style, one is also pointed towards the Afghan Taliban :wink: :lol: .

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 05 Oct 2014 11:26

Arjun wrote:

Plus Mira Nair, the director, is no longer married to Mamdani I think... last I heard she was married to a Jewish gent. I don't think she has expressed any view about the new government in India.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 05 Oct 2014 11:30

JE Menon wrote:
Arjun wrote:{quote="arun"}The tone and tenor of Mira Nair Mamdani’s Washington Post article is likely explained by her marriage to a Mohammadden of Gujarati Origin via Tanzania and Uganda by name of Mahmood Mamdani.{/quote}

Plus Mira Nair, the director, is no longer married to Mamdani I think... last I heard she was married to a Jewish gent. I don't think she has expressed any view about the new government in India.

She was married to a jewish gent, her second marriage is / was to this mamdani guy. You mean that she is hitched again to another jewish guy??.

Marked preference for the peeled :)

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 05 Oct 2014 13:12

^^Not sure ... Haven't been keeping track. This was years ago.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 05 Oct 2014 13:41

"Modi’s Tale of Two Visits: Drama in One, Pragmatism and Continuity in the Other"

http://blogs.cfr.org/asia/2014/10/03/mo ... the-other/

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Oct 2014 16:14

Meera Nair
Picture is probably a bit old (say 30 yrs).

But LOOK at the color of the banner across the Comrade Gallatin School. Says it all. HOW can they be teaching a capitalist imperialist running dog haraam subject like "Individualized" anything? Oh! Got it. Achtung Bitte! It's Black and Red!

Give her credit for imagination. After all, her specialty is like Pankaj Mishra's: "Fiction And Non-Fiction And I Don't Know Which is Which" as he told an Australian rag. She's into "Creative Writing".

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Postby vivek.rao » 05 Oct 2014 17:35

http://swarajyamag.com/politics/interpr ... -maladies/

As representative examples, consider the blog post in the Economist by Patrick Foulis, Manu Joseph’s Letter From India in the New York Times and Pankaj Mishra’s online column for Bloomberg.

Commentators for India in the foreign press tend to be Western “experts”, elite members of the diaspora or, if based in India, members of the Anglicised establishment elite. These three representative examples roughly fit the paradigm.

What you won’t hear are voices drawn from outside the establishment — such as members of the new middle class, largely self-made, or of the non-elite diaspora.

In the language of postcolonial theory, these are the real “subalterns” — those whose voices are unheard, but instead are ventriloquised and caricatured.

While the likes of the New York Times and Bloomberg assiduously exclude such dissenting voices from their pages, technology has given the dissenters an outlet in the social media, blogosphere and so forth. But for the most part the mainstream narrative has remained firmly in the grip of an entrenched elite.

What’s relevant in this context is that Modi’s support base is drawn largely from the very middle class who’ve powered India’s transformation into a modern economy since 1991, but have ironically been excluded from the telling of the tale.

Equally, those middle class Indians forced to leave and seek opportunities abroad — including the many Indo-Americans and non-resident Indians (NRIs) who thronged Madison Square Garden — are scorned by the establishment elite (who had the luxury of crony connections that allowed them to prosper in India) and they too are excluded from the mainstream narrative.

It’s telling that much of the criticism of Modi’s US visit centres not on any policy announcements he might have made or not made, but rather on attacking the non-elite middle class backgrounds and culture both of Modi himself and of his supporters.

At the root of it, I would argue, is a deep seated class bias that, try though they might, the critics find impossible to conceal. Modi and his supporters are most certainly not “people like us”.

The glaring irony is that many of these critics — who in India tend to come from the left — are familiar with, or at any rate, ought to be sympathetic to, the ideas of postcolonial literature, the writings of Edward Said, Gayatri Spivak and Homi Bhabha among others.

Yet, they so often engage in the worst form of stereotyping, essentializing, caricaturing and more generally “Orientalising” their subject while at the same time ventriloquizing the voiceless— all of which plays perfectly for the intended audience in the West and Anglicised Indian elites both in India and abroad.

As a prime example, those dissenting from the consensus view are often painted as crazy, irrational, religious fanatics, and so on. Establishment journalist Sagarika Ghose coined, to much acclaim, the term “Internet Hindus” to tar all critics of the left liberal consensus as being radical Hindutva types, when these are at best a small minority.

As it happens, Mishra was not born into the Anglicised elite establishment, but has climbed his way into an honorary membership in the club. As the writer Patrick French bitingly puts it:

Pankaj has obviously been on a long journey from his self-described origins—in what he calls a “new, very poor and relatively inchoate Asian society”—to his present position at the heart of the British establishment, married to a cousin of the prime minister David Cameron. But he seems oddly resentful of the idea of social mobility for other Indians.
But the membership is honorary.

Mishra can’t quite muster the serious scholarship to be considered a “true intellectual” beyond reproach, nor, despite what we presume to be a valiant effort, can he quite emulate the faux Oxbridge accent that is so prized in the clubs of Lutyens’ Delhi.

He must therefore, one presumes, be especially riled that Modi and his many fans at Madison Square Garden are a reminder of his socio-economic origin in India, from which he’s fled so nimbly.

As my friend, the writer and art historian, Deepika Ahlawat, so aptly put it to me:

Note Mishra’s fetishisation of formal education throughout, his mockery of Modi’s background, his disdain of popular culture, and his Socratic horror of democracy. This is a vicious and yet tragic piece. Because Mishra stares at Modi and sees only himself. Just less popular, less powerful and immensely less significant.
One might also add the delicious irony that Mishra’s disdain for the middle class NRI is the flip side of what used to be the middle class NRI’s disdain for everything Indian — two sides of the same coin of self-loathing.

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Postby JE Menon » 05 Oct 2014 18:35

^^OK boys/girls, read Rupa Subramanya's piece in full. She KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE EFFING PARK. Sixer as soon as leather met wood.

Comer
BRF Oldie

Postby Comer » 05 Oct 2014 19:50

Excellent work which mirrors Mishra's "play the man not the ball" mentality. This is how you take down these people.

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 05 Oct 2014 20:07

James B wrote:Thanks for pointing out. I think too many turds are being given air/oxygen to spread their foul smell. Every 2 bit journalists blog or obscure article is given unnecessary exposure on BRF & making their stuff relevant. Ignore them & make them irrelevant. Learn from Modisan how he ignores MSM.

Well, reply at the site of the turd, or tweet the author. Politely but firmly, or with humor or with glorious rant, tell them how they're wrong. I think most of these folks can't take the sort of vigorous disagreement we're accustomed to, on this site :)

They do thrive on a "martyr" complex, so be careful not to give them that opportunity.

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 05 Oct 2014 20:17

Does PMisra appear on Indian media at all? (I have seen ADothi once a while). Even UnDyTv which would probably welcome him with open arms. I know both UnDy and CNN-IBN when Turdesai was there would invite hardcore bigots like Kancha Illiah and introduce him as a "leading intellectual". Since PMisra is such a toast on western media like NYT etc, he would be a darling of the Indian elites. And like that other blogger, he has also broken "western and Indian taboos" by marrying an English woman and that too as royal as someone related to David Cameron. I would think this alone would qualify him as Bharat Ratna in the eyes of the Lutyens in New Delhi.

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Postby member_22733 » 05 Oct 2014 21:45

vivek.rao wrote:http://swarajyamag.com/politics/interpreters-of-maladies/

Note Mishra’s fetishisation of formal education throughout, his mockery of Modi’s background, his disdain of popular culture, and his Socratic horror of democracy. This is a vicious and yet tragic piece. Because Mishra stares at Modi and sees only himself. Just less popular, less powerful and immensely less significant.
One might also add the delicious irony that Mishra’s disdain for the middle class NRI is the flip side of what used to be the middle class NRI’s disdain for everything Indian — two sides of the same coin of self-loathing.

This is perfect! Describes the House-Slave, Master dynamics to a tee. The house slave hates a field save with equal or more vigor than his master does. In fact his master may have more sympathy to a field slave than a house slave himself. Misra fits the description of house-slave to a tee.

He must be buying "Fair-And-Lovely" by the ton.

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Postby CRamS » 05 Oct 2014 22:23

Guys, this is embarrassing. The Meera Nair who wrote that WP bilge is NOT Mira Nair the filmmaker whom we have been thrashing. The Meera Nair who wrote that WP op-ed is a 2-bit faculty at NYU

http://gallatin.nyu.edu/academics/faculty/mn379.html

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 05 Oct 2014 22:27

:idea: :roll:

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Postby member_22733 » 05 Oct 2014 22:29

She is a just part-time (adjunct) faculty. WaPO is really Wa POS .... if they publish tripe from anyone like this. They must also be desperate to be willing to publish from such a nobody, or a "duplicate Mira Nair" to fool unsuspecting victims.

PratikDas
BRFite

Postby PratikDas » 05 Oct 2014 23:24

JE Menon wrote:^^OK boys/girls, read Rupa Subramanya's piece in full. She KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE EFFING PARK. Sixer as soon as leather met wood.

Thanks to your recommendation, I found Rupa Subramanya's page on Facebook, where she posts links to many of the articles she's written. Very high signal-to-noise ratio.

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Postby svinayak » 05 Oct 2014 23:26

The rise of Narendra Modi is a sign of the beginning of the end for this elitist class as it exists today.

What Rajdeep Sardesai did in front of the Madison Square Garden is something the root of which has been a public knowledge for years – that there is a class of so-called intellectuals, Left-liberals and “secular-minded” people who nurture a deep-rooted hatred for Narendra Modi and his supporters. Until this particular incident, the fact hadn’t manifested physically in such a glaring manner.

I am using Rajdeep Sardesai as just an example to drive home a particular point. Examples like him are aplenty. They just don’t seem to be able to contain their hatred, their prejudice and their extreme aversion towards anything that makes Indians feel good about themselves.

Take for instance this article in The Economist that went as far as calling Narendra Modi a “pain in the ass” but later on changed the text. The writer assumes that people who have moved to the US were previously living in hunger and with snakes. One’s screen overflows with racist prejudice when one reads this article.

This FirstPost article talking disparagingly about how Narendra Modi publicly meets or treats his 95-year-old mother can easily be considered prime example of the gutter journalism such individuals are indulging in simply because they cannot control their bitterness. The environment has become so ridiculous that people like Hartosh Singh Bal are advising the US Administration to be wary of the Prime Minister of his own country.

Rajdeep’s case has fortunately received wide coverage on the Internet which was not the case with the articles linked above — these were only being circulated within particular circles. His entire manner of speaking, his body language, reeked of condescension and loathing. He repeatedly questioned the judgement of those who had gathered there to show their support for not just the PM of their homeland, but the country they have left behind under various compulsions. He questioned their judgement, their sense of right and wrong, their political leanings, he kept beating the dead horse of the Gujarat 2002 riots. When nothing seemed to work, he told them that although they had money, they had no class. Then he eventually came to blows with one of the persons in the crowd after calling him names. It was a no-holds-barred show of contempt for the representative of his own country. It was as if he had landed up in the US to run a parallel hate agenda.

One wouldn’t be surprised if these people actually wished India-US negotiations to fall flat.

The appearance of Narendra Modi and his supporters has disrupted the cabal of this elitist class. Not just disrupted, the castles of deceit that they had constructed are being dismantled brick by brick, wall by wall. This has rattled them completely. How can someone who doesn’t speak English, who hasn’t studied in Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard, someone who hasn’t descended from a ruling or a noble family tell us how to rule the country and behave with the rest of the world? How can someone representing the cultural and religious values of those loathsome teeming millions reside in the same power corridors that seem to be the birthright of this elitist class, irrespective of whether it deserves it or not? How can someone like that lecture them on the virtues of cleanliness when they have striven so long to keep the masses buried in as much filth as possible?

Worse, he wears his religion on his sleeve, unapologetically and without the burden of secular hypocrisy — the very religion this elitist class has derided, demeaned and apologised for for decades and for generations. Through networking, unrelenting subservience, sycophancy and self-serving activities the sustainable ecosystem that they had created is imploding.

The socialist mentality is being lampooned. The welfare schemes that made this elitist class prosperous are being withdrawn one by one. The laws that harassed the public and kept the corrupt elitist class out of jail are rapidly being trashed or changed to reverse the travesty.

They are shocked that everything is being undone right in front of their eyes and they cannot do anything about it. The hatred that was confined to the so-called scholarly interactions, newspaper editorials and TV studio discussions, rum-ridden evening soirees, divisive politics and intellectual legerdemains, is now spilling out on the roads in the form of the Madison Square Rajdeep fiasco and interminable left-liberal fulmination and abuse on the Internet.

The personal attacks have increased and that too from not just obscure writers and journalists, but also well-known personalities and a big reason could be that they want a backlash. This is a fetish prevalent among the Left-libs. So far, they have been following this policy with the so-called Internet Hindus. Say something totally outrageous and when people criticise you, mope around and complain about how you are being victimised.

Example - Pankaj Mishra
The elitist class that was nurtured and encouraged by the British is now nurtured and encouraged by various international agencies continuously working to create frictions among various Indian communities. This class is proudly rootless and is marked by self-loathing. It knows the country’s real history but denounces it vociferously. Physical slavery is easier to overcome than mental slavery, which may take generations. It is the sort of slavery this elitist class perpetuates. The breaking of mental shackles disturbs them deeply.

The rise of Narendra Modi is a sign of the beginning of the end for this elitist class as it exists today. This sense of ending is what manifests in the form of the hatred towards him and the ones who support him.

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Postby svinayak » 06 Oct 2014 01:13

arijitkm wrote:And what the China thinks about.
India not a major player in US' plan to contain China
As Prime Minister Narendra Modi received a "rock-star" welcome in the US, China's state-run media today downplayed the visit saying India was not "sufficiently strong" and will not be a major player in America's strategy of containing the communist nation through "rebalancing of the Asia-Pacific".

Where is the report where Uncle wants to mediate in the India China dispute

Victor
BRF Oldie

Postby Victor » 06 Oct 2014 02:18

Raja Bose wrote:Why are folks here getting so much heartburn discussing these turds Anand and Nair?? When you see a turd steaming on the roadside in the summer, do you typically spend so much effort dissecting its aroma, texture and taste? Or do you sidestep it, hold your nose and go on your way?

Well said. But we also need to point out the steaming turd to the local authorities to have it removed.

Anantha
BRFite

Postby Anantha » 06 Oct 2014 03:48

PratikDas wrote:
JE Menon wrote:^^OK boys/girls, read Rupa Subramanya's piece in full. She KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE EFFING PARK. Sixer as soon as leather met wood.

Thanks to your recommendation, I found Rupa Subramanya's page on Facebook, where she posts links to many of the articles she's written. Very high signal-to-noise ratio.

Rupa is one of the finest RW writers today. She played a very significant role in the 1st 6 months of this year in SM support for Modi campaign. Another two to watch and follow in Teetar is prasanna vishwanathan and Sankrant Sanu

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 06 Oct 2014 05:39

More attempts to pass off sliminess [from sepoys] as "unintentional" only....

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Postby Yagnasri » 06 Oct 2014 05:45

Had there been no backlash, nyt would have continued it's rubbish with much more actively. Now it will do it at normal green speed.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 06 Oct 2014 05:50

CRamS wrote:Does PMisra appear on Indian media at all? (I have seen ADothi once a while). Even UnDyTv which would probably welcome him with open arms. I know both UnDy and CNN-IBN when Turdesai was there would invite hardcore bigots like Kancha Illiah and introduce him as a "leading intellectual". Since PMisra is such a toast on western media like NYT etc, he would be a darling of the Indian elites. And like that other blogger, he has also broken "western and Indian taboos" by marrying an English woman and that too as royal as someone related to David Cameron. I would think this alone would qualify him as Bharat Ratna in the eyes of the Lutyens in New Delhi.

I don't know who Pankaj Mishra might be. If he has appeared on Indian TV I am bisphooly unaware of it. On second thoughts - I am getting a vague face in my mind's eye - need to Google and check of it is the same oiseaule. TV thrives on things like "Bit fight" "Big argument" and "Big orgy" - and when I sit in front of my TV and decide to watch news (as opposed to movies or science channels) I flip between (in order) Times Now, NewsX, Headlines Today, NDTV, CNN/IBN and News9 Bangalore - with only the local Bangalore channel being able to bring relevant news over and above anything the national channels have to offer. Of course - I have to be pushed to switch from the Macaulay channels I watch to look at DD or Hindi news (usually Zee) and rarely Kannada news which is best for local issues.

Unless I am watching "Pawn Stars" i do not spend more than 10 minutes on any one channel.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 06 Oct 2014 05:58

Sorry, Victor, but this is an example of the Energizer Bunnies rushing into cesspools where sensible people avoid treading.

What is the strategy here?
First, if you did your research b4 rushing in, unlike the Holies who posted on that Meera Nair's column, you would have found that you are terminologically and anatomically challenged in calling Preeta Bansal a pr1ck or d1ck. :roll:

Now that we have established your level of understanding: The so-called Petition (have they got more than 100 fools signing already?) says that Bansal LED the USCIRF. I think this is a blatant LIE. Bansal is not the type to 'lead' anything, she is a climber, who would always hide behind the majority.

A little bit of thought will prove that even if Narendra Modi Himself were on that panel, they would have voted 9-1 to revoke his visa. It was a vicious Conversionist campaign backed by Conversionist corporate $$$$$ (as ppl like me pointed out strenuously and precisely to some of the originator Lobsters of this Petition) but the Bunnies were too busy stupidly blaming the Islamists as always.

FYI, she was the first Hindu to be appointed to the USCIRF, back in 2003. Had enough political patronage to be picked over all qualified Hindu scholars. She was some sort of wunderkind lawyer, sort-of like in John Grisham The Firm.

So now she wants to go in peace and become a judge. If these fools succeed in their Indian Lobster Petition, she will probably become a Professor in a Law School - remember Martha Nussbaum? She will write stinko OpEds in the WaPo ending

Preeta Bansal is a Professor of Law in the PoDunk Dump U. of Oklahoma. She was the first-ever Hindu to be appointed to the US CIRF

which will make her the greatest authority on the subject.

And Mario Cuomo or whoever the guv of NY is, will appoint some Paki turd to be judge. And I can thank you and the Lobsters for that.

Instead, let her go her way, she will be a judge and have to STFU for the next 20 years.

Who the *** thinks up these %^$* Petitions? (Wait! I happen to know all too well.. :eek: ).
The common factor is that they are all friggin losers.

I was trying to keep quiet and hope that the idiotic Petition would die like all the other efforts of this crowd... :(

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 06 Oct 2014 06:14

BTW, just to show how clueful the Holies are, Ms. Bansal was invited to address the gathering of the Holiest of the Holies in the Hindu Summit in Oklahoma. Wish I could upload a photo of the stage with a whole row of Holies sitting there, flanking Ms. Bansal and grinning from ear to ear. So a week after that, we are asked to sign a Petition declaring her Brasht? How ludicrous are 'we'?

The excuse is like that of the Mexican driver in Traffic Court in Sanford and Son:

:(( We didn't KNOW!!! :(( :((

Why the fick not? Didn't they know, sitting in Oklamoma, that Bansal had been on the USCIRF all these years?
That it was the USCIRF that got Modi's visa revoked?
They couldn't put those two facts together and see that Bansal was part of the gang that revoked Modi's visa? THESE are the Hindu Leaders of North America? :roll:

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 06 Oct 2014 06:19

Aiyyoo!! Edited out. Goofed onlee. :oops: :(( Bansal IS named as the Chair in 2004-05.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 06 Oct 2014 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

sivab
BRFite

Postby sivab » 06 Oct 2014 06:47

UlanBatori wrote:And here is the proof that your Petition is based on a bald-faced lie: Preeta Bansal has NEVER been Chair of the USCIRF!

This is par for the course as in getting the facts straight, with entities of known level of competence like the Lawyer who initiated the Petition :roll: . You sign your name to it, you are laying yourself open to a slander suit. With a Judge behind it. :shock:

From the link you posted.

2004-2005

Preeta D. Bansal (Chair);

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 06 Oct 2014 06:53

Oops! I must be going blind. Something is wrong here: at the time the vija rejection occurred, she was NOT the chair, I remember looking and seeing that it was someone else.

Strange isn't it, that Gaer was chair in 02-03, vice-chair in 03-04, and again in 04-05, and Bansal who joined only in 03 becomes chair in 05? That is not how these committees work: the newbies work their way up. So I would suggest that she was scammed (or jumped at the chance) into sitting in the chair just to get the Modi ban through, Of course that makes her guilty as anything, even if she were outvoted 9-1. I stand corrected.

Gaer is obviously the power in the USCIRF. Also, IIRC, Lantos was the Chair when the vija rejection occurred, because we considered writing to her to protest. I do remember checking. How Bansal got her name there is anyone's guess. Wasn't the vija rejection in 2005?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 06 Oct 2014 07:28, edited 3 times in total.

member_28108
BRFite

Postby member_28108 » 06 Oct 2014 07:00

Hari Seldon wrote:More attempts to pass off sliminess [from sepoys] as "unintentional" only....

very conveniently retract/apologize on facebook and not in the main article format.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”