India-US Relations : News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

TSJ,.You have been hanging out in the forum for donkey's ears. What is your response to the above question?

A paragraph or two would do. No need for essay.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Tuvaluan wrote:Looks like the democrat vermin from Hillary's posse are coming out of the woodwork already. This one made me snort and chortle...from the WSJ mouthpiece in India. Apparently Hillary Clinton is good news for India, just like syphillis is highly recommended for sanity and mental health.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/3eqis8 ... for-I.html
The fraud called India US cooperation is breath taking. US uses TSP to keep India bottled up, it gets Fsoals and the like, and what does it manage India. Read and puke:

In May 2012, Pakistan went into a sulk after Hillary Clinton stood next to former external affairs minister S.M. Krishna and urged Pakistan to end homegrown terrorism. Pakistan was also furious at her charge that Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri was in Pakistan. The symbolism associated with Hillary Clinton’s stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai, the site of the 2008 November terrorist attack, was also not lost either in India or Pakistan.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

TSJones wrote:^^^^^ Finally, someone from my government indicates they understand the complexities of US-India relationships. I am so sick and tired of the Pollyanna false-face positives that are presented by the US government when it publicly deals with India. It is like the US officials don't even bother reading Indian news outlets for their editorial opinions and analysis. It's equivalent to Martians stepping on Indian soil and muttering "take me to your leader". WTF !!!! Yeah, yeah, go ride the elephant, see the tiger, visit the Taj Mahal.
I didn't see any mention of TSP in the above piece. Look, Indian officials might duck the issue head on with US, for fear it might de-rail its relationship with US in other areas. And likewise, US sugar coats its harnessing of Paki terrorists to its benefits, with crap like India US unprecedented cooperation on terrorism and the like. But unless US stops its mollycoddling of Paki terrorists at India's expense, India US strategic relations are nothing more than business dealings. And neither side will publicly acknowledge this. I guess thats what is diplomacy.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:
TSJones wrote:^^^^^ Finally, someone from my government indicates they understand the complexities of US-India relationships. I am so sick and tired of the Pollyanna false-face positives that are presented by the US government when it publicly deals with India. It is like the US officials don't even bother reading Indian news outlets for their editorial opinions and analysis. It's equivalent to Martians stepping on Indian soil and muttering "take me to your leader". WTF !!!! Yeah, yeah, go ride the elephant, see the tiger, visit the Taj Mahal.
I didn't see any mention of TSP in the above piece. Look, Indian officials might duck the issue head on with US, for fear it might de-rail its relationship with US in other areas. And likewise, US sugar coats its harnessing of Paki terrorists to its benefits, with crap like India US unprecedented cooperation on terrorism and the like. But unless US stops its mollycoddling of Paki terrorists at India's expense, India US strategic relations are nothing more than business dealings. And neither side will publicly acknowledge this. I guess thats what is diplomacy.
aunty hillary is bad news for both the US and for India. her devious, sustained attack on Modi is not to be taken lightly or even forgiven.

at least, bill did some good, in between frequent bouts of doing monica.

I somehow always liked the horny bugger. Really great communicator. That was what helped him pull in the birds
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

CRamS ji,

I hope in this US election, Prez candidates learn, that it is wrong to rub the Indians the wrong way! One needs to set an example with someone, and I think it should be Hillary!

Sending teams to Gujarat to look for mass graves to fix Modi does qualify her as the one who should be stopped! Screening that British+Church hit-job on Indian men - "India's Daughter"!!! She should learn that she lost because the Indian-Americans dumped her. If anybody deserves Indian hate, she should be one of them.

If some Republican born-again Prez confronts India, then all would know that it is due to a Christian agenda. However these Democrats come up with slimy "Hooman Rights" stuff to hide their prejudices and racism and it often bites.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>India US strategic relations are nothing more than business dealings.

What more do you want it to be? And why? I'm presuming you are referring to state-to-state relations.

On the people-to-people level, it's a different story.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Crux of the matter is that India and US have very different core belief systems, the twain can not meet. Given the predilections of both nations, transactional relationship is all that is possible and that is the way it has been for the most part and that is the way it will be. Strategic relationship is a mirage, not going to happen.
Last edited by Dipanker on 15 Apr 2015 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Or let's put it this way, get the business deals cooking and the startegy will not stoppegy.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

ramana wrote:TSJ,.You have been hanging out in the forum for donkey's ears. What is your response to the above question?

The US should provide an honest, forth right assessment of why we are doing the things with Pakistan that we are trying to accomplish. We give sniper pods and JDAMS to use with the Pakistan F-16s? Why? What is the purpose? Is it just craziness on our part or could there possibly be some benefit to it? Give us a reason for crying out loud. Also, why, exactly, do we need Pakistan? Be up front about it. Stop this incredibly stupid India = Pakistan and we love both equally nonsense. Acknowledge that most of Pakistan thinks the US is the Great Satan and why we still need them (if at all).

Publicly acknowledge that India has different interests than the US. We don't hate each other because of it but at least acknowledge that India wants to go its own way on a lot of things and we in turn have different priorities. Reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Doesn't mean we can't cooperate where it is mutually beneficial. US officials need to stop the constant happy face diplomacy that quite frankly reeks of hypocrisy. Do they think they are fooling anybody?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RajeshA wrote:CRamS ji,

I hope in this US election, Prez candidates learn, that it is wrong to rub the Indians the wrong way! One needs to set an example with someone, and I think it should be Hillary!

Sending teams to Gujarat to look for mass graves to fix Modi does qualify her as the one who should be stopped! Screening that British+Church hit-job on Indian men - "India's Daughter"!!! She should learn that she lost because the Indian-Americans dumped her. If anybody deserves Indian hate, she should be one of them.

If some Republican born-again Prez confronts India, then all would know that it is due to a Christian agenda. However these Democrats come up with slimy "Hooman Rights" stuff to hide their prejudices and racism and it often bites.
it's the same xtian right agenda in all cases. one party acknowledges publicly it while the other does not publicly do so.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

chetak wrote:
RajeshA wrote:CRamS ji,

it's the same xtian right agenda in all cases. one party acknowledges publicly it while the other does not publicly do so.
There is a difference in what kind of response it evokes in us.

While Republican Far-Right Christians use the Evangelism weapon in offense, the Democratic Liberals try to blunt our political and ideological defenses, by crying "Hooman Rights"! Openly Far-Right Christian is, in my view, to be preferred. At least one can counter it.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

well, TJ that about the best post by you ever on this forum in a long time.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

RoyG wrote:The US along with the idea of "Westernism" built on Judeo-Christian values is the long term threat. Not China. They're merely a partner for now because it suits our interests. There is nothing more to the relationship.

While the talk about technology transfers, clean energy, etc which is 95% bullsh*t, they keep the funds flowing to their sepoy network.

I'm sure that R&AW is now being told to expand their espionage ring to encompass defence companies and universities. We need the technology.
I disagree! Westernism, Judeo-Christianity are propaganda weapons which can be neutralized by our own propaganda weapons - media, academia, ngos, etc. It is another problem that we do not have access to sufficient weapons of this kind.

Chinese danger is hard power, transgression of our boundaries.

Now one can debate whether we save our country's soul or our country's body!
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

pankajs wrote:http://www.gatewayhouse.in/is-the-u-s-i ... t-to-last/
Is the U.S.-Indian Relationship Built to Last?
Lot of bogus arguments in this article. Akhand Bharat - Lot of cold war argument.
But the author was an offical during the cold war. Resembles the Paki argument
But even though border clashes with China have aggravated security concerns in New Delhi, Modi openly admires China’s development model and may prefer to engage China diplomatically and economically rather than try to contain it. And many Indian analysts do not believe that the United States would come to IndiaÕs defense if a U.S.-Indian military partnership provoked Chinese aggression.
New Delhi has also opposed the West on many economic issues, working with the other so-called BRICS nations — Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa — to create alternatives to the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and other Bretton Woods institutions.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The US should provide an honest, forth right assessment of why we are doing the things with Pakistan that we are trying to accomplish. We give sniper pods and JDAMS to use with the Pakistan F-16s? Why? What is the purpose? Is it just craziness on our part or could there possibly be some benefit to it? Give us a reason for crying out loud. Also, why, exactly, do we need Pakistan? Be up front about it. Stop this incredibly stupid India = Pakistan and we love both equally nonsense. Acknowledge that most of Pakistan thinks the US is the Great Satan and why we still need them (if at all).

Publicly acknowledge that India has different interests than the US. We don't hate each other because of it but at least acknowledge that India wants to go its own way on a lot of things and we in turn have different priorities. Reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Doesn't mean we can't cooperate where it is mutually beneficial. US officials need to stop the constant happy face diplomacy that quite frankly reeks of hypocrisy. Do they think they are fooling anybody?

Good post, but if you want to see happy face dances, look to the policy towards Pakistan, Saudia, or even China. The US India relationship is probably realistic, things will get more interesting about when the Indian GDP doubles. For the US, India can never be Estonia or even Britain. For India, the US will always have its own self-interest, including treating Pakistan as an ally.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.oneindia.com/international/d ... 16837.html
Declaring RSS as foreign terrorist organisation: US seeks dismissal of lawsuit by Sikh rights group
New York, April 15: A Sikh rights group had filed a lawsuit to designate RSS as a "foreign terrorist organisation". The federal court in the Southern District of New York issued a summons for US Secretary of State John Kerry to respond to the suit within 60 days. The US State Department on Wednesday asked a court here to dismiss the lawsuit filed by a Sikh rights group saying it has no standing.n an 18-page motion filed Tuesday before judge Laura Taylor Swain of the Southern District of New York, US attorney Preet Bharara said Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) lacks standing to bring such claims. Even if SFJ had standing, the political question doctrine bars judicial review where the Secretary of State has not designated an organization, it said. Also read: US lawsuit demands RSS to be declared a 'terror group' "Neither SFJ nor this Court possesses authority to compel the Secretary to designate an entity as a foreign terrorist organization-a discretionary action that implicates important foreign affairs and national security considerations, and which is entrusted to the political branches," the motion added. SFJ has filed a lawsuit in the US court to label the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh as a foreign terrorist organization. It accuses RSS of "believing in and practicing a fascist ideology and for running a passionate, vicious and violent campaign to turn India into a 'Hindu' nation with a homogeneous religious and cultural identity". "Political question doctrine cannot trump the fundamental human rights of protection of life and liberty which are embedded in the American constitution," SFJ attorney Gurpatwant S Pannun said. SFJ will challenge the US Government's bid to block the labelling of RSS as "terror group", he said. The declaratory lawsuit requests the court that "RSS along with its affiliates and subsidiaries be designated as Foreign Terrorist Organisation...and designate RSS as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity (SDGT)". Accusing the RSS of targeting minorities, the petition alleged RSS involvement in the "demolition of Babri Masjid", "instigating" army operation in Golden Temple, "burning of Churches and rape of Christian nuns" in 2008 and the Gujarat riots in 2002.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

TSJones wrote:{quote="ramana"}TSJ,.You have been hanging out in the forum for donkey's ears. What is your response to the above question?

A paragraph or two would do. No need for essay.{/quote}

Great response. Spoken forthrightly.
I am going to put in the Good posts collection thread.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I ... have... tears.... in my eyes........ for real (no sarc).
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I feel certain kinship with TSJ. It is any which way but lose for him on BRF. Not unlike Indian Americans. Dawned if they support US and damned if they do not.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

TSJones wrote:
ramana wrote:TSJ,.You have been hanging out in the forum for donkey's ears. What is your response to the above question?

Anyone in the US establishment, who has said things are clearly as TSJ has said?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I found nothing new or startlingly insightful in the article. Such articles from America's retired official-academic community are the norm except in contexts in which both sides lie through their teeth about what wonderful natural allies they are.

But no alliance will happen because official America--a monolith for all practical purposes--has the national mentality of a spoiled two-year old brat of rich parents, incapable of conceiving any relationship in which India isn't America's vassal, and feeling wronged by a perfidious India when that doesn't happen. The more mature among American officials take the softer approach to try and cajole India's submission, and even manage at times come close to achieving it, but never quite make it. Then, it becomes the fault of recalcitrant or inscrutable Indians-Modi is official America's latest star in this fantasy. But the failure to build a relationship is never due to official America's childish and absurd expectations.

Such articles have only one benefit--raise the demand for lotion and kleenex in the TFTA RAPE commentariat.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 16 Apr 2015 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

TSJones wrote:

+400
Except that the deception works very well and that won't change any time soon, so the joke is on the ones who try to be honest and sensible.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

LokeshC wrote:I ... have... tears.... in my eyes........ for real (no sarc).
Apologies for slight OT. But I see affirmative action in action.

When a guy who hates anything Indian and spouts boolsheet whenever opens his mouth, is being praised wah wah, great komment, kudos, for saying sky is blue. Duh!
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

KLNMurthy wrote: +400
Except that the deception works very well and that won't change any time soon, so the joke is on the ones who try to be honest and sensible.
It is a big game and it is about geopolitics. THe current game is the cultural dominance game. Indian cultural advantage is being eroded by promoting a particular image of TSP and its viciousness.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Satya_anveshi wrote:

When a guy who hates anything Indian and spouts boolsheet whenever opens his mouth, is being praised wah wah, great komment, kudos, for saying sky is blue. Duh!
That thought did occur to me. But it was worded well enough to be sincere, and its a rare event with low probability of occurrence hence the surprise and tears, don't read too much into it. It could be taqiya. If it was then it was a real good taqiya.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

We are long term competitors to the US, not long term allies. Getting off the petrodollar recycling system especially now with the US diluting the dollars value and challenging the notion of Judeo-Christian values will push us closer to Asia, especially China and Russia. There will be feel good type of agreements, we'll buy some high tech items, intelligence, perhaps some US investment, etc. but largely India's growth story will be shaped by Indians themselves, and the pace by which we open up to the neighborhood and the rest of Asia.

We must never forget that the glue which holds the US together is Protestantism and the post modernists are used by them to deconstruct our identities and reconstruct us in their image. This architecture is still growing in size despite the "thaw" in the relationship. Academics are a reflection of true policy and we all know what they're churning out.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

RoyG wrote:
We must never forget that the glue which holds the US together is Protestantism and the post modernists are used by them to deconstruct our identities and reconstruct us in their image. This architecture is still growing in size despite the "thaw" in the relationship. Academics are a reflection of true policy and we all know what they're churning out.
Indians need to do the deconstructing of the western mind and western social pattern
Rajiv Malhotra talks about it. Indians need to build their cultural heritage anywhere in the world
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Satya_anveshi wrote:

so true.

sample

Well, the latest word is that Hinduism is *NOT* a religion. The brighter lights of the Hindutvas insist it is a unique culture and philosophy. Never mind that a number of Hindus lie down and prostrate themselves in front of religious objects or they fold their hands together and bow. Sure looks like worshiping to me. Could have fooled me. So we can't call Hindutvas religious fanatics?

"Moditva", heh, heh, I like that! Good one.

why are the Hindutvas so colonialized they can't even accept crticisim from other Indians without blabbing on about the US? Why not their fick buddies the Russians? Compare yourselves to them. That's about your level, amigos.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

We don't know whether that person is same as this one here.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

its the same person. not the first time he has made all these sort of comments either. he has made even worse comments on BR on the past, which were deleted and what not.

while everyone here was busy lauding him, he was saying

India trying to break trading impasse with Canada. I wonder if the Canadians know the Hindutvas and Moditvas got a little bit of a laugh when terrorists attacked Canada and killed a few people?
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/india-rus ... iness.html
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The article authored by POTUS Mr. Barak Obama can be a good point to avoid mention of NaMo himself reminding of how USA/UK denied him VISA (while Canada did not).
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Karan,

Pliss allow Mr. Jones to explain himself. He knows how badly I can massacre his posts. Why would he post those things knowing that people like you and I are around the corner?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

RoyG wrote:Karan,

Pliss allow Mr. Jones to explain himself. He knows how badly I can massacre his posts. Why would he post those things knowing that people like you and I are around the corner?
He can claim that he's providing an insider's perspective. Al taqqiya is not just a theoretical concept you know.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

RoyG wrote:Karan,

Because that's what he really thinks of everyone here.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Better than the briturd a$$ licking canadians,who allowed 320 people to be murdered in kanisha bombing,because their mother wolf asked canadians to teach the dirty hind00s a bloody lesson and to cap it they destroyed all the evidence,allowed a witness to be killed and let the criminals go free apart from allowing random violence by emptys-*** thugs.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Too many cry babies on this forum.

I sincerely hope that some of you are just teenagers else you really need to sit down with a bottle of whiskey and calm the fk down.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

alcoholism and turn the other cheek. how mature. a modern day mahatma even!
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Satya_anveshi wrote:

One request to Satya Saar.........could you please change your name. I tend to read your name as SATYANASHI!which is not good. It is an request,no pun intended.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

^^<OT>Enemy's Satyanash is not a bad thing. Bas Aise hi soch lo. :D
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If you have time to waste but does give some insight into American exceptionalism, etc

The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles and Their Secret World War (Book)
Published on 4 Nov 2013

Stephen Kinzer's book provides us with a glimpse into the overt and covert policies of Secretary of State John Foster Dulles and CIA Director Allen Dulles during the Eisenhower administration and how their actions and "secret world war" shaped and changed the trajectory of 6 countries and created a pattern of interventions that benefited U.S. interests that linger with us until today.