Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-20

Post by sanjaykumar »

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew

Someone is wrong, perhaps Matthew.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... -hypocrisy

This is starting to be a farce. No one is asking the "moderate" muslim anoles to "condemn" terrorist acts -- they are being asked to face up to the fact that these violent terrorist acts are being committed in the name of their religion explicitly, and if they indeed claim to be muslims, then they need to be concerned about it, instead of acting like a bunch of whining weenies pretending that they need to "condemn" every act of terrorism being committed by people yelling "allah hu akbar" and quoting passages from the Quran to justify their actions.

And now please pardon me for yelling: NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THE WORTHLESS "CONDEMNATION" OF THE MODERATE MUSLIMS, BUT AT LEAST RECOGNIZE THAT THESE ARE MUSLIMS COMMITTING THESE ACTS USING ISLAMIC TEXTS AS THEIR INSPIRATION. "condemnation" from "moderate" muslims and 5 rupees will get you a cup of coffee at Adigas -- that is about the value of any and all such condemnation. At least, write articles and raise you voice consistently at all times against the hordes of "moderate" and extremist muslims who see nothing wrong in killing people for saying things that "offends" muslims -- otherwise any "moderate" muslim wanker who thinks the central point is "condemnation" is part of the problem.

If I see another article by some "moderate" muslim wanker asking why "good muslims" should "condemn" terrorist acts when hindus, buddists, eskimos and rastafarians also do bad things, I would like to personally approach that author and slap them senseless.

Instead of acknowledging that Islam is part of the motivation for these terrorists, these "moderate muslim" oiseaules carry on about "islamophobia" and how "good muslims would never do such things". Dear "moderate muslims", no, them kafirs are not ALL THAT STUPID.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

sanjaykumar wrote:Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew

Someone is wrong, perhaps Matthew.
Nah, the above cannot be Islam, which is a religion of peace! Trip up in the revelation being attributed to wrong prophet or typo?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Suspected killing by Mohammaddens of a Hindu male for indulging in “Reverse” “Love Jihad”, results in deadly retaliation by Hindu’s in Muzaffarpur, Bihar:

Three killed in clashes in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

Post by Peregrine »

Language of UK plea to imams to fight radicalism angers some Muslims

LONDON (Reuters) - A prominent British Muslim has accused the government of copying the language of the far right after ministers wrote to imams urging them to explain to fellow Muslims how Islam is compatible with being British.

In a letter to over 1,000 imams last Friday, Eric Pickles, the minister for local government and communities, urged them to explain to Muslims how Islam can be "part of British identity", saying they had a responsibility to root out anyone preaching hatred.

The letter comes at a time of heightened tension in Britain with security forces warning an attack by Islamist militants is highly likely and Jews and Muslims saying they are fearful, for different reasons, after the Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris.

"We will be writing to Mr Eric Pickles to ask that he clarifies his request to Muslims to 'explain and demonstrate how faith in Islam can be part of British identity'," Harun Khan, deputy secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said.

"Is Mr Pickles seriously suggesting, as do members of the far right, that Muslims and Islam are inherently apart from British society?"

Britain's 2.8 million Muslims have been mostly praised by politicians for peacefully condemning the Paris shootings, though Sajid Javid, a Cabinet minister and the most senior Muslim in government, has said Muslims have "a special burden" to track down extremists.

In the letter, Pickles said imams needed to help the government do something it couldn't achieve on its own.

"You, as faith leaders, are in a unique position in our society. You have a precious opportunity, and an important responsibility: in explaining and demonstrating how faith in Islam can be part of British identity," the letter read.

"We must show our young people, who may be targeted, that extremists have nothing to offer them ... show them these men of hate have no place in our mosques or any place of worship."

Prime Minister David Cameron defended the letter, saying he had read it and agreed with its message.

"Anyone frankly reading this letter who has a problem with it, I think really has a problem," he said. "I think it's the most reasonable, sensible, moderate letter that Eric could possibly have written."

Ahmad told BBC radio 4 that the letter was in part meant to reassure Muslims that authorities were working to prevent reprisals against them after the Paris shootings.

The Muslim Council of Britain's reaction was disappointing, he said. "Within the letter there's an explicit paragraph saying Muslim values are British values. You can't be more explicit than that," he said.

Cheers Image
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

"‘It’s been our misfortune to have the wrong religion,” Hitler complained to his pet architect Albert Speer. “Why did it have to be Christianity, with its meekness and flabbiness?” Islam was a Männerreligion—a “religion of men”—and hygienic too. The “soldiers of Islam” received a warrior’s heaven, “a real earthly paradise” with “houris” and “wine flowing.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/book-review ... orsPicks_4
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Another "liberal" article with the same old ignorant diarrhoea about "social causes and injustice are the root causes of islamic terror"

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... restimated
Factors such as anger at injustice, moral superiority, a sense of identity and purpose, the promise of adventure, and becoming a hero have all been implicated in case studies of radicalisation. Religion and ideology serve as vehicles for an “us versus them” mentality and as the justification for violence against those who represent “the enemy”, but they are not the drivers of radicalisation.
followed by this kind of drivel
If radicalisation to violent extremism was solely a matter of religious belief, then we would have to assume that alternative religious interpretations could steer people away from violence. Unfortunately the answer is not that simple.
Build a strawman and then burn it down. If a ignorant, low self-esteem person finds purpose and esteem by following the violent tenets of islam, and joins violent islamic cults and then becomes a terrorist and a murderer, how is that not just a matter of religious belief where anyone with a milder view of islam is called a betrayer of the faith. Do these "liberal" cretins even think before they write this cr@p?
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... darite/99/

Another piece of islamist apologist cr@p from a "moderate" muslim. Overall summary: I deny that charlie hebdo was a left wing magazine and cannot therefore support it, or in other words, those cartoonists deserved to die for what they published.
The magazine showed no such sensitivity towards Islam and all Muslims, including the Prophet Muhammad, are routinely depicted as savages and barbarians. The stereotyping is willful and motivated, with a strong political subtext: all cartoons show Muslims as bearded, turban- or hijab-wearing and jellabiya-clad, thus reinforcing the link between Islam and West Asia.
It is not a stereotype if it is actually true. Which Sharia state in West Asia chops off limbs and stones women and publicly whips people for expressing themselves? Why is it wrong to call them barbarians and savages? Apparently, even stating the truth about west asia amounts to "islamophobic bigotry" according to such "moderate" muslim mofos.
All Muslim caricatures have popping eyes and lurid smirks, as though all Muslims are gun-wielding fanatics like the two misguided youth who killed Charlie Hebdo’s staff members. It becomes difficult, therefore, to see Charlie Hebdo as a bastion of leftwing anti-clericalism, a champion of free speech and an equal-opportunity offender. Hence my refusal to extend solidarity for a gratuitous provocateur.
Let us see now, muslim gun wielding fanatics murdered the people at charlie hebdo, and Charlie hebdo accurately portraying such muslim fanatics is being a gratuitous provocateur. This "moderate" muslim Rakhshanda Jalil may as well be honest like the bearded mullahs and say that she stands along with the terrorists who commited the crime rather than the victims and save a lot of space. Not very surprising that the paki RAPE jihadi Ejaz Haider finds her article extremely awesome.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

ISIS executes 13 teens for watching soccer
http://nypost.com/2015/01/19/isis-execu ... ng-soccer/

ISIS jihadists publicly executed 13 teenage boys for watching a soccer match.

The young fans were watching an Asian Cup match between Iraq and Jordan on TV last week when they were caught by the militants in the Iraqi city of Mosul, which the Islamic State controls, the Daily Mail reported.

Raqqa Is Being Slaughtered Silently, an activist group that exposes ISIS atrocities, reported that the teens were executed by a firing squad.

“The bodies remained lying in the open and their parents were unable to withdraw them for fear of murder by terrorist organisation,” the group posted on its website.

The boys were slaughtered because they were said to be violating Sharia laws by watching the game.

A few days earlier, the Islamic State released a gruesome video showing two men being flung off a tower in Mosul after a masked fighter announced that they had been found guilty of engaging in homosexual activities.

Iraq beat Jordan 1-0 in the Jan. 12 match, which took place in Brisbane, Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Mosul.html
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Abused for five months at the hands of ISIS: 200 Yazidi captives - including children and elderly - are released after being held captive in Iraq
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Iraq.html

ISIS cell members caught beheading animals to practise decapitating people ahead of an attack in Israel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3PKUnSRf4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
SIS cell caught using animals to practice how to behead people
Cell thought to be planning attack on Druze Israelis and police
The seven men arrested are believed to be the first ISIS cell in Israel
They were reportedly planning to set up a terror network in Israel

dnan Aladin, 40, a lawyer in Nazareth, Hasam Marisat, 30, Karim Abu-Tzalah, 22, Alaa Abu-Tzalah, 27, Halad Abu Tzahalh, 30, Sarif Khaled Abu-Tzalah, 29, and Muhammad Abu Tazalah, 27.

Israeli security services said that the men were planning to flee to Syria to fight for ISIS after carrying out their attack in Israel.

Isis poised at Lebanon border threatening an attack from Syria as hundreds of rebel fighters join terrorist group

Isis fighters are understood to have gained up to 700 men from moderate rebel groups along the Syrian border with Lebanon, where the terrorist organisation is now poised to attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Raqqa.html
Towie fan who travelled to Syria begs father to take her home in reunion at Turkish detention centre as she reveals what life is like inside ISIS stronghold of Raqqa

Tareena Shakil, 25, fled to Syria with 17-month-old son Zaheem to join ISIS
But escaped from terrorists across Turkish border after changing her mind
Staffordshire-born mother is now begging her father, 42, to 'take her home'
She is currently being held at Turkish detention centre after escaping ISIS
TOWIE fan said life in ISIS-held city of Raqqa was 'hard' and she 'hated it'

A British woman who travelled to Syria with her young son before escaping an ISIS stronghold has begged her father to take her home after describing life with the jihadists as 'hard'.

Tareena Shakil, 25, ran away to the war-torn country last October after telling relatives she was going on holiday to Spain with her 17-month-old son Zaheem.

However, the TOWIE fan said life in the ISIS-held city of Raqqa was 'hard' and she escaped back across the Turkish border after, she claims, the militants tried to force her into marrying a one-legged fighter.

Now Shakil, from Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, has asked her father for forgiveness and begged him to 'please take me home,' after being told she could potentially be sent back to Syria and into the clutches of the terrorist group.

Towie fan Tareena Shakil, who fled to ISIS but changed her mind and escaped to Turkey, could be sent back to Syria
Shakil ran away to Syria with her son Zaheem, telling her family they were going on holiday to Spain

Tareena Shakil, 25, (left) who fled to Syria to join ISIS with her toddler son Zaheem (together right) before changing her mind and escaping to Turkey, has now begged her father to free them from a detention centre
Shakil fled back across the Turkish border with her 17-month-old son Zaheem after ISIS tried to force her into marriage, she claims. She fled to Syria in secret in November after telling family she was going on holiday

Shakil fled back across the Turkish border with her 17-month-old son Zaheem after ISIS tried to force her into marriage, she claims. She fled to Syria in secret in November after telling family she was going on holiday

The mother and her son are currently being held in a Turkish detention centre, and the pair met with Shakil's father in an emotional two-hour reunion yesterday.

According to The Sun, the psychology graduate wept to her father as she said: 'Take me home, dad – please take me home. Get me out of here.'

Mohammed, her 42-year-old father, has previously told how his daughter was a one-time Spice Girls fan, a school prefect and Girl Guide and was so fascinated with ITV reality show The Only Way Is Essex that she travelled 150 miles to buy clothes at a shop run by one of its stars.

He apparently promised his daughter during their reunion that he would 'not leave without her'.
RELATED ARTICLES

Previous
Next

ISIS 'is using British female extremists to incite UK terror... Schoolgirl arrested at Stansted airport returning from... Now British Towie fan who fled ISIS militants with her... Boko Haram feared to have kidnapped up to 80 people,...
Children’s worker reveals how their mother’s suicide helped... ISIS cell members who had been using animals to practice how...

Shakil fled to Syria, to join ISIS militants, in secret after telling her family she was going on holiday to Spain.

However, she changed her mind about staying in the stronghold after a few days and desperately tried to flee.

She told The Sun: 'I hated it. I tried to escape within a few days of getting there. It wasn't what I thought it would be.

'Life is so hard there. There's no hot water, no electricity for hours on end, none of the comforts we are used to in Britain.

'I escaped death so many times. There were bombs coming down on the street where I lived every night. The house would shake. I didn't know if I was going to live or die.'

After fleeing her Staffordshire home in November, Shakil entered Syria through the Turkish border. She has since returned to Turkey after describing life in the ISIS-held city of Raqqa as 'hard' and claiming she 'hated it'

After fleeing her Staffordshire home in November, Shakil entered Syria through the Turkish border. She has since returned to Turkey after describing life in the ISIS-held city of Raqqa as 'hard' and claiming she 'hated it'
Shakil, a fan of The Only Way Is Essex, said she 'didn't know if she was going to live or die' during her time in Syria. Pictured: The residential street she lived on in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, before she fled to ISIS

Shakil, a fan of The Only Way Is Essex, said she 'didn't know if she was going to live or die' during her time in Syria. Pictured: The residential street she lived on in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, before she fled to ISIS

Her brother Tareem, 22, previously told how the family hadn't suspected anything about her escape to Syria, and only found out when she contacted home to say she was at the border.

He said: 'She sent us messages saying she'd gone over for a new life, that she had been radicalised.

'She said she wanted to live in the way of Allah. She was promised a good life with a good husband. She wanted to live under Sharia law.

'But it wasn't like that. Then she was texting saying she might not make it back. She was messaging, 'Please help me, I made a stupid mistake. Please Dad, will you come here and get me?' He was planning to go out there, but she made the escape herself.'
Fighting still raging across key ISIS-held parts of Syria

Her escape saw her dash through a no-man's land near the Turkish-Syrian border, where snipers on the Turkish side did not fire at her.

She then scrambled over a barbed wire fence, injuring her feet but somehow keeping young Zaheem unharmed.

A Foreign Office source has previously said that Shakil will be questioned over possible terror offences and sent on a course to be 'de-radicalised' if she is sent back to Britain.

She is one of more than 500 Britons who are believed to have travelled to join the extremist group in Iraq and Syria. Europol revealed this week that there could be up to 5,000 people from European countries in total who have fled to join the militants.

Fears of a terrorist attack on Britain's streets have heightened in response to the threat of returning fighters and in the wake of shootings in Paris, including at the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

Saudi Arabia beheads woman in Mecca for 'sexual abuse, murder' of stepdaughter
In a video which was posted on YouTube, Layla bint Abdul Mutaleb Bassim was seen being dragged through the street while she was screaming 'I did not kill. I did not kill.' She was later beheaded by a sword in three blows.

Saudi Barbaria, ISIS and Pakistan are all the same.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Brit-Paki Tariq ali demonstrates his pakiness nicely.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article/Fra ... ues/293132

This one is splendid in its pakiness.
What is the context in which the Paris killing should be seen?

As I described above but vis-a-vis France, these guys were a pure product of French society. Unemployed, long-haired, into drugs, alienated till they saw footage of US torture and killings in Iraq.

So you think western interventionist policies in the Arab and Muslim world are responsible for radicalisation of sections of Muslims in Europe and the United States?

In my opinion, one hundred per cent.
Only a 400% Brit-Paki can blame islamic terrorism on the "western intervention policies" with such gusto.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Muslims setting up ‘no-go zones’ in West: Jindal - AP, Japan Times
Some countries have allowed Muslims to establish autonomous neighborhoods in cities where they govern by a harsh version of Islamic law, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said Monday during a speech in London.

The Republican, who is considering a presidential campaign in 2016, later defended — and repeated — the statement after facing reporters’ questions about his claims.

In a speech prepared for delivery at a British think tank, Jindal said some immigrants are seeking “to colonize Western countries, because setting up your own enclave and demanding recognition of a no-go zone are exactly that.” He also said Muslim leaders must condemn the people who commit terrorism in the name of faith as “murderers who are going to hell.”

Jindal aides said he did not make significant changes to the prepared text.

The claims on “no-go zones” are similar to those a Fox News guest made last week about places where non-Muslims are not welcome in parts of the United Kingdom, such as Birmingham, and “Muslim religious police” enforce faith-based laws.

Steven Emerson, an American author who is often asked about terrorist networks, told Fox News that in Britain “there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim, where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in.”

Prime Minister David Cameron responded by calling Emerson a “complete idiot.”

Emerson later apologized and said his comments “were totally in error.” Fox News also issued apologies for broadcasting the comments.

Jindal, however, used similar rhetoric during a speech, warning of “no-go zones” in London and other Western cities. Jindal’s remarks come in the wake of the massacre by Islamic extremists at the Paris offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and the subsequent attack on a kosher supermarket in the city. Three gunmen killed a total of 17 people in the attacks.

“I knew that by speaking the truth we were going to make people upset,” Jindal told CNN during an interview from London.

“The huge issue, the big issue in nonassimilation is the fact that you have people that want to come to our country but not adopt our values, not adopt our language and in some cases want to set apart their own enclaves and hold onto their own values,” said Jindal. “I think that’s dangerous.”

Jindal’s parents immigrated to the United States from India. As a young man, Jindal converted from Hinduism to Catholicism.

Asked for evidence of “no-go zones,” Jindal pointed to a weekend article in The Daily Mail, a London tabloid, that said killings, sexual abuse of minors and female genital mutilation are believed to go unreported to local police in some areas. The article did not give specific religious groups or towns.

“The bigger point is that radical Islam is a threat to our way of life,” Jindal said. Asked if he regretted talking about “no-go zones,” Jindal replied: “Not at all.”

Jindal spoke to the Henry Jackson Society, a British think tank named for a former U.S. Democratic senator from Washington state who was a presidential candidate in the 1970s.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Bobby Jindal statements will get the Media in India who were so enamored of him in a twist. he is virulently anti modi and hates anything to do with India and yet anti muslim.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

With US war crimes at Abu Ghraib and Camp Gitmo,as aprt of the US's rapacious adventurism in the Middel East ,ravaging nations and destroying civilisations,they feed and fuel the hatred and radicals in the Muslim world. Every expose of US human rights abuses against Muslims in particular,which started in right earnest after 9/11,brings with it massive blowback. "What ye sow ye shall reap".

Lawyer of Guantanamo detainee: Donald Rumsfeld should be charged with conspiracy to torture
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88897.html
Mr Slahi’s legal team have spent years battling to get a redacted version of his diary, regarded as a ‘secret’ document by the US government, released. Described by John Le Carre as a “vision of hell, beyond Orwell, beyond Kafka,” the inside account of life at Guantanamo is prompting renewed calls for his release.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Aditya_V wrote:Bobby Jindal statements will get the Media in India who were so enamored of him in a twist. he is virulently anti modi and hates anything to do with India and yet anti muslim.
Bobby Jindal claims that his parents came to USA since the USA has been the land of freedom and opportunities but that can not explain why a next Gen chap becomes a neo con. However, the point about jihad trouble in the West in not false. There are thousands of European jihadis in Syria fighting for IS and they come from Belgium, France, UK, Germany, Denmark - from all over. They are all experts in taqiya, but then Europeans are not basically dumbarses either. Europeans ruled the whole world and so Europea/USA would certainly know what taqiya is all about.
Last edited by vishvak on 21 Jan 2015 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Egyptian cleric Yusuf Al-Qaradawi (head of muslim brotherhood) quote: "If they had gotten rid of apostasy punishment, Islam would not exist today...opposing apostasy is what kept Islam as it is today". It is very obvious that Islam has fail-safe rules that ensure that no one leaves the flock on pain of death, while it tries to brainwash or violently coerce new recruits to its fold.

Just goes to prove that Islam is a vile piece of cr@p as it exists today and needs to be opposed by non muslims until it is given an enema and a brain surgery (metaphorically speaking) while studiously ignoring "moderate muslim" protestations. Those who call themselves "moderate" (unlike real moderates like Tarek fatah) are either not aware of the actual writings in the Koran or are willfully practising Taqiyyah.

As a non muslim, I don't see why "moderate muslim" turds like Reza Aslan or Tariq Ali or Obama or Hollande should be taken more seriously than the 1000s of islamic clerics who say the same things as Qaradawi -- these clerics are obviously more conversant with Islam than "liberal and moderate" muslims.

Recall that the muslim brotherhood was touted as "moderate" when the Saudis opposed them and eventually executed a whole bunch of them after the "arab spring" nonsense. This "arab spring" would have only resulted in these muslim brotherhood being legitimized -- some "spring" that was.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Seems to be a new comic website with only cartoons of Muhammand at myfriendmuhammad.com -- may a 1000 flowers of this sort bloom.

http://www.thejc.com/comment-and-debate ... thats-life
The notion that people's deeply held convictions, merely by being deeply held, merit respect is inimical to the principles of a free society. Beliefs merit respect to the extent, and only to the extent, that they can withstand scrutiny, evidence and criticism - even mockery and derision.

The notion that avoiding (let alone punishing) offence is any part of public policy is pernicious. If the state starts concerning itself not just with citizens' welfare but with their feelings, there is no limit to how far it can encroach on liberty. We shouldn't go there.
The proper objection to Holocaust denial is not that it's offensive (though it certainly is) but that it's utterly false.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Notice the number of lies in this HT blog, HT/writer is not letting me point them out:

Charlie Hebdo exposes our double standards
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

A Brit-paki who joined the Hizb-u-tahrir says what we also know about the evil jihadi scum that are currently being given rhetorical protection by so-called "moderate" muslims. As he observes the islamists are masters at rhetoric that any evil empire they create will resemble the farm in Animal Farm.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/15/377442344 ... moderation
"I began to join the dots and think, 'My God, if these guys that I'm here with ever came to power, they would be the Islamist equivalent of Animal Farm," Nawaz says.

He says he began to see that it's "impossible to create a utopia."

"I'm living up close and seeing [the radicals'] everyday habits and lifestyle, I thought, 'My God, I wouldn't trust these guys in power,' because when I called it, back then, and said, 'If this caliphate, this theocratic caliphate, was ever established, it would be a nightmare on earth,' " Nawaz says.

"Everything falls apart. I lost all my friends. ... My marriage fell apart. I suffered my second identity crisis. I'm very, very lucky to have been able to get through it."

- Maajid Nawaz, co-founder of the think tank Quilliam
The "moderate" muslims all over were dumping on this chap during the recent charlie hebdo incident.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

This stupid cretin Karen Armstrong's only credentials are that she was a nun and she does a great job of defending Islamists and terrorism based on religion -- perhaps her religious mind has something against besmirching the good name of religions lest her own faith starts to waver.

http://www.nieuwwij.nl/english/karen-ar ... istianity/

Some gems here:
o you are saying that religion is a scapegoat?
“We’re piling all the violence of the 21st Century on the back of religion, sending it away, saying we have nothing to do with religion. While we still have to deal with the political situation. The supermarket attack in Paris was about Palestine, about Isis. It had nothing to do with antisemitism; many of them are Semites themselves. But they attempt to conquer Palestine and we’re not talking about that. We’re too implicated and we don’t know what to do with it.
Probably explains why the oiseaules who call themselves "western liberals" (who are mostly religious) repeat the lie that terrorism has nothing to do with religion.
We have created bombs that can wipe out the world, and it is accepted in international law that if your nation is threatened it is acceptable to fire off a nuclear weapon, even if that will certainly mean the destruction of your own nation. This is a suicidal deathwish. So similarly the suicide bomber that goes in knowing that he or she will die, is a primitive form of that.
One is actually a deterrent against global war and the suicide bomber just wants to instil fear in non believers, but this stupid cretin Karen Armstrong lumps them all into one basket. sheesh. Who gives these people the time and space to spew their ignorant crap, I wonder. Definitely not helping anyone who is confused on these issues one bit with such nonsense.

And then this arse defends the shariat:
You write, surprisingly, that the Shariah has been an impulse for peace…?
“We demonize the Shariah. But why they’re so keen on it in the Muslim world, is because traditionally it was a counterbalance to the tyranny of the state. It was the law of God but it was saying that nobody has the right to tell anybody what to do. Because each person is sovereign and responsible to God alone. No government could rule by that, but they had to acknowledge that this was the word of God. They have developed their own version of the Shariah. But the passion for it was not one for cutting off hands.”
The religious extremists from islam are liable to find a lot of support from the religous "liberals" in Christianity, since this women represents the latter group and her views are typical.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

This is the leaked beheading video making the rounds:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b89_1421360015

Saudis have arrested the guy who made this video now.

As one comment says, any wonder Burmese want to push malsi out of their place...
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Sick man, I couldn't get myself to even watch it. !!
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

^^^ definitely sick. The accusation against her of raping her 6 year old stepdaughter with a broomstick and killing her makes almost no sense; very very rare any woman would ever do that anywhere. Must have been the sick father or relative who did it and blamed her.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

In the US, it is the white house and the rest of the stupid liberal left establishment that refuses to acknowledge that the ISIS is Islamic. ISIS says it is the quintessential Islam, it challenges any Muslim to prove that they are wrong. No Muslim has accepted the challenge because they know that ISIS is definitely on firmer grounds as regards their Islamicity. I am amazed that it is ONLY the liberal left loonies who are going to the town claiming that ISIS and assorted other islamic terror outfits are NOT Islamic. It is tragicomic.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

And we welcome these guys as honored guests/tourists in India with taxi drivers and hotel staff kissing ass for a few rupees in tips.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

chetak wrote:And we welcome these guys as honored guests/tourists in India with taxi drivers and hotel staff kissing ass for a few rupees in tips.
Actually some of the cab drivers are more Islamic and make these more Islamic after thier travel to India :twisted:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:Where Are India’s 2011 Census Figures on Religion?

Where indeed are they?

Where Are India’s 2011 Census Figures on Religion?
X Posted from the “Secularism in India - Boon or Bane” thread.

Long delayed religious population data of Census 2011 released. Mohammadden population of India records a rapid increase and substantially exceeds the overall inter-census (2001-2011) population growth rate.

Press Trust of India:

Muslim population rose by 24 per cent during 2001-11
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Tuvaluan wrote:
The proper objection to Holocaust denial is not that it's offensive (though it certainly is) but that it's utterly false.
That is absolute nonsense... holocaust denial is not free speech because its false? Whelp! then the bible story of Jesus and he coming back after death should be illegal based on the fact that it too is utterly false.

Remember the Bible is not presented as religious mythology... its presented as historical account... an outrage if you ask me.

:D
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Manny, you misunderstand. That bit says that the correct objection for holocaust denial is not that it is offensive speech but stands in the face of facts, i.e., the person saying it is a bare-faced liar given the enormous amounts of evidence and living testimonies of victims.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Manny wrote:Remember the Bible is not presented as religious mythology... its presented as historical account... an outrage if you ask me.
:D
Stories of Bible are called "theology" while sacred stories of non-Christians are called "mythology."
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the "West Asia News and Discussions" thread.

Radio Australia reports that in keeping with the austere version of Mohammaddenism practised in Saudi Arabia “There was no official mourning period in Saudi Arabia and flags around the kingdom all flew at full mast “:

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah farewelled in simple burial in unmarked grave

When Saudi Arabia has not declared official mourning and is not flying their flag at half-mast for the death of the Saudi King why has India declared official mourning and opted to fly her flag at half mast ?

Even setting aside what the Saudi’s are doing or not doing consequent to the death of their King, why is India honouring a King that represented the very anti-thesis of the values of democracy and religious freedom we hold dear in India, not to mention the religious bigotry that Indic Religions are subjected to in Saudi Arabia? :

India declares national mourning as mark of respect to King Abdullah : The national flag will be flown at half mast throughout the country and there will be no official entertainment during the day
member_28442
BRFite

Post by member_28442 »

i believe its mainly for the well-being of the indian expats in the gelf region
do note that they bring in a lot of forex
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Why would KSA ill-treat Indian expats just because the Indian govt. did not "give respects" to Abdullah in the form of flying flags half mast? Why would that have any influence on the next despot from changing his policies w.r.t. to India? Just doing a pre-emptive GUBO so KSA islamists don't get all worked up? That's so special and awesome to know the level of respect governments in democratic republics have for an evil, regressive despot.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

To begin with, is it not upto the current political dispensation to protect Indian expats? And why so much respect for religious monarchy that does not respect others' freedoms, and does not even recognize basic courtesy issues -such as recognizing marriages- as far as other faiths as considered?

Must be looked at from diplomatic forex angle only, and not diplomatic as diplomacy is reciprocal and not paki-GUBO-niyat.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

A little bit of tokenism does no harm if it flatters the Arabs -- we need them for NRI welfare and oil imports.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

SSharma wrote:i believe its mainly for the well-being of the indian expats in the gelf region
do note that they bring in a lot of forex
Remittances from Saudi Arabia amounted to USD 8.3 Billion p.a., an insignificant amount when compared with India’s GDP and no ground to bend over backwards for the Saudi’s:

India's highest amount of remittances comes from the gulf

I must reiterate that I am very disappointed by the decision of the BJP led Government of PM Modi to fly the Tiranga at half-mast. This smacks of what the Congress Party would have done and not what was expected from the BJP.

Meanwhile in the UK, unlike in India, flying the flag at half-mast is being questioned:

Whitehall’s King Abdullah half-mast flag tribute criticised by MPs : Decision to mark Saudi royal’s death at parliament and Westminster Abbey called ‘extraordinary misjudgment’
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the congis would have sent the president in person to lay a wreath.

president Obama btw its cutting short his visit to tuesday morning, cancelling his Taj trip and flying in person to riyadh to offer his condolences to the regime.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

A little bit of tokenism does no harm if it flatters the Arabs -- we need them for NRI welfare and oil imports.
This just means that lowering of flags at half mast has always been a worthless exercise amounting to nothing more than tokenism in all instances. That's fine, as along as we are all aware.
member_28442
BRFite

Post by member_28442 »

it seems that some here want/expect the modi administration to aggressively protect/project indian interests against
usa
china
europe (evangelicals atleast)
pakistan
sri lanka, bangladesh and nepal
russia (for fleecing us)
and now the gulf states

i am not too sure about taking on all of them at the same time, would be smarter to pick and choose our battles.

just going gung-ho about everything and sticking out like a sore thumb when everyone else with significant interests in the gulf lowers their flag would not be very smart IMHO.