Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

Post by vera_k »

Its not blinders so much rather than he was paid to sign up to it. I'm sure he's aware that he was expelled from India and his book was banned well before 2014. But one has to work to fulfill the terms of what one is paid to do.

For having a much vaunted legal system, it's instructive how no charges have been filed against Iran's supreme leader for being complicit in this attack. The way nothing is being heard from Matar is starting to remind me of Kasab's quiet burial.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:Amazing how manifestly intelligent and creative people like Rushdie are incapable of removing their blinders when it comes to seeing islam for what it is... In spite of writing a book like satanic verses on islam.
I have read Midnight's children. He is not as good a writer as he is billed to be. Same with Jumpa Lahiri. Their experiences are alien to me. Rushdie is mumbaikar elite. Jhumpa Lahiri is a second generation American whose India experience is second-hand. None of them are at the level of RK Narayan, Raja Rao, or Nirad C. Chaudhuri. VS Naipaul is also up there. Rushdie is mediocre and Lahiri probably is at the bottom of the barrel. IMHO and all that.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I've read both Rushdie and Lahiri years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. They stack up as high as most successful English or European writers. Lacking any storytelling skills myself, I can't diss them so easily. RK is wonderful but was from a different era. Missed reading Nirad despite coming across his works in college library. I'll admit to enjoying even "the god of small things" by the writer who is unmentionable here. No one's perfect, neither writers, nor readers. IMHO onlee...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://unherd.com/2022/08/the-infidels ... -silenced/
The infidels will not be silenced
Like Salman Rushdie, I choose freedom
BY AYAAN HIRSI ALI
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

My favorite author is Amitav Ghosh
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:I've read both Rushdie and Lahiri years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. They stack up as high as most successful English or European writers.
Maybe it is my dislike for the "Magical Realism" genre that makes me not like these two and probably A Roy as well. If I have to suspend by disbelief, then I want to go whole hog and go for Fantasy (medieval) or go for gritty realism of The Great Gatsby, Huck Finn, or Cannery Row. Simple language, but you can taste the slat in the air of Long Island, the smell and night of the Mississippi, or the racket and the dust of the docks.

Anyways, OT for this thread. We used to have a Book review thread in GDF. I wish somebody starts a thread for general book discussions.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Cyrano wrote:I've read both Rushdie and Lahiri years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. They stack up as high as most successful English or European writers.
Maybe it is my dislike for the "Magical Realism" genre that makes me not like these two and probably A Roy as well. If I have to suspend by disbelief, then I want to go whole hog and go for Fantasy (medieval) or go for gritty realism of The Great Gatsby, Huck Finn, or Cannery Row. Simple language, but you can taste the slat in the air of Long Island, the smell and night of the Mississippi, or the racket and the dust of the docks.

Anyways, OT for this thread. We used to have a Book review thread in GDF. I wish somebody starts a thread for general book discussions.
Vayutuvan Saar,
we do have a book review now in BRF in the strategic forum thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3736&start=1320#p2560291'
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

venkat_kv wrote: Vayutuvan Saar,
we do have a book review now in BRF in the strategic forum thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3736&start=1320#p2560291'
Yes sir. Only I am not sure whether it is for non-fiction (serious) stuff. Is fiction is halal in that thread? It doesn't add much value to BRF knowledge base.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/qa ... f9b153bc47
Qatar invites radical Islamic preacher and Indian fugitive Zakir Naik to preach Islam at FIFA World Cup
excerpts
The report quotes Faisal Alhajri, a presenter at the Qatari state-owned sports channel Alkass, who in a twitter post wrote, “Preacher Sheikh Zakir Naik is present in Qatar during the World Cup and will give many religious lectures throughout the tournament.”
In late 2016, India banned Naik’s Islamic Research Foundation, accusing him of encouraging and assisting its followers in “promoting or attempting to promote feelings of enmity, hatred, or ill-will between different religious communities and groups.”

Zakir Naik has been living in exile in Malaysia since 2017, as a runaway fugitive, after the Indian government pressed charges against him over money laundering.

Even though Naik has permanent residency in Malaysia, he was banned from giving speeches in the country in 2020 in the interests of “national security”.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

S Bajwa: Amitav Ghosh is certainly respected as a very good writer, but what are his specific views on say, India's nuclear tests, missile tests, PM Modi, the BJP, Hindutva, Hindu Dharmic consciousness in general. Is he supportive, or at least sympathetic? Does he try to be balanced or nuanced?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Mortality police done away with in Iran.

This will have long term consequences for the regime.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.rt.com/news/567868-migrants ... y-landing/

In plot from Hwood, a Moroccoan woman feigns labour in flight, forcing emergency landing, accomplices vanish into Spain

Twenty-eight passengers on board a plane from Casablanca bound for Istanbul fled after a staged emergency forced the craft to make an early landing in Barcelona. Local police have launched a manhunt for the escapees, most of whom are believed to be migrants.

The plane touched down at El Prat airport in Barcelona on Wednesday, Spanish officials said, adding that the emergency was caused by a pregnant woman who faked going into labor. She was later taken to a hospital, where doctors found she was not about to give birth.

The group reportedly jumped out of the aircraft as soon as it landed and fled the airport. However, after a search by police, half of the passengers were found and detained, including the pregnant woman, though 14 remain missing.

Smugglers busted with drugs disguised as Ukraine aidREAD MORE: Smugglers busted with drugs disguised as Ukraine aid
The government said five people were put back on the plane, while eight would be deported to Morocco. Officials did not provide details about all of the migrants, but at least some are suspected to have attempted to enter the country illegally.

Carrying a total of 228 people, the flight was operated by Türkiye’s Pegasus Airlines and was originally meant to fly from Casablanca to Istanbul. According to Flightradar.com, a tracking website, the plane eventually reached its destination after a several-hour delay.

A similar incident involving another plane headed from Morocco to Türkiye occurred late last year, when a man on board began feigning symptoms of a diabetic attack and prompted an emergency landing on Spain’s Balearic Islands. Closely mirroring Wednesday’s escape, 24 people pushed past crew members and fled the plane, with cellphone footage showing men running across the airport tarmac. Police ultimately arrested half of them, who were Moroccan citizens along with one Palestinian man, but 12 others were never found.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Muslim Brotherhood using ‘woke’ Europeans to further its agenda: Experts

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1973906/world
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... an/673356/

> Last month, in the West Yorkshire town of Wakefield, a 14-year-old bought a bargain-basement English translation of the Quran on Amazon. (Known as the “Pink Qur’an,” it costs about $13.) He gave it to his buddies at school, and by the end of the day it was smudged and slightly torn. The school suspended the kids, and police investigated the incident as a possible hate crime—which, given that it was his own book, and that police don’t generally conduct investigations of creased covers and smudged pages, would be hard to distinguish from a charge of blasphemy.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Why would not such retrogressive practices sanctioned by a personal religious (Islamic in this case) law fan phobia?
https://swarajyamag.com/amp/story/analy ... T5yPDgA7lw
Halala is a rampant practice in the community where a woman is made to have sexual intercourse with a man other than her husband, in order to re-establish her marriage with her husband in case he gives her Talaq (divorce).
How Celebrity Interfaith Marriages And PR Buzz Fool Women
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

:roll:

Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Is Isis preparing to exploit Europe’s open borders?​

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article/is-i ... n-borders/
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Where ever they go, they take the same attitude with them.

Two Pakistani men are jailed for life in Greece for gang-raping a British 18-year-old on her sunbed after she went for a morning swim on holiday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... unbed.html
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Oh look -- the diversity -- colliding with itself: :roll:

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Have the tanks been called out to ring the Lahore KFC?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

To determine whether mullahs or business generals have the upper hand currently, watch to see if the muzzles are pointing at KFC or away from KFC.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

A man in Sweden tore the Quran, stomped on it, wrapped it with bacon and set it on fire. On Eid. In front of a mosque. This is not freedom of expression, it's a hate crime.
Imagine something like this happening in India. The West would have been quick to fling labels - islamophobia, persecution of minorities, back-sliding democracy, and what have you. The US would've added a new chapter in their Religious Freedom Report. But what do they say about Sweden? "It's legal, not appropriate." That's all. https://twitter.com/palkisu/status/1674 ... 42049?s=20

From India, Arfa, Sayema from US IO et al have not made any comment on Sweden disrespecting Quran, that is how bikau/selective this entire crowd is
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Hate crime.

WION has linked it to growing extremism and neo-Nazi groups in Sweden. How do you like them apples?

Anyway, I’d go easy on the hate crime business. Lest the good Svedish volk start rummaging through the Quran.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

surprisingly the most viral video belongs to a Muslim man desecrating Kooran https://twitter.com/Shivamm2608/status/ ... 13760?s=20
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Not sure if this is an appropriate place. Pockets of suburbs in France have been griped with three days of non-stop violence. Some of the videos/pic on SM are horrifying. Started by street power of peacefuls, when one of their own, 17-year Algerian teenager was killed by a cop.

For some or the other reason the immigrants from the countries of peaceful community have held Macron and France hostage for the past 4-5 years may be more. More than France's internal stuff in, what is interesting is how hundreds and thousands of peacefuls are brought in easily to EU to wreck havoc.

Live: Macron speaks after three nights of violent protests in France
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

IndraD wrote:A man in Sweden tore the Quran, stomped on it, wrapped it with bacon and set it on fire. On Eid. In front of a mosque. This is not freedom of expression, it's a hate crime.
Imagine something like this happening in India. The West would have been quick to fling labels - islamophobia, persecution of minorities, back-sliding democracy, and what have you. The US would've added a new chapter in their Religious Freedom Report. But what do they say about Sweden? "It's legal, not appropriate." That's all. https://twitter.com/palkisu/status/1674 ... 42049?s=20

From India, Arfa, Sayema from US IO et al have not made any comment on Sweden disrespecting Quran, that is how bikau/selective this entire crowd is
IndraD-ji, you have to stop believing that the media such as BBC, Guardian etc speak for the "West" or even the country. The media types are mostly woke and speak accordingly. In fact, on this subject "the man in the street" will probably applaud the man who burnt the book. In fact he is a apostate Muslim of Iraqui origin.

I have seen reports of Westerners who have attempted to take a Bible into Saudi Arabia. It has been flung across the room, thrown in the bin and the bearer locked up until diplomatic involvment. It does not even make the press in the west.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

In France, a 17 year old Shantidoot was driving a Mercedes car with Poland number plates and jumped a signal. Police asked him to stop. He instead sped away. Police fired at him and he got hit and died.

Peacefuls are rioting since then. Already four days of rioting.

Police can be asked to investigate and punish the guilty policeman, it can be sued. Compensation can be allowed for the family.

Still, this is no justification for a riot.
And that’s the catch,

Peacefuls wait exactly for such incidents to riot, to kill, to loot, and to rape, where kafirs can blame themselves for provoking bhaijaan, for doing the first wrong to bhaijaan.

This serves two purposes:

First, kafirs continue to sleep- हम ही लोगो ने उन्हें भड़काया, हम ही लोगो ने पहले ग़लत किया, शुरुआत की। वे तो प्यार से रहना चाहते है हमारे साथ।

और दूसरा, अगर किसी शांतिदूत में कोई अंतरात्मा बची भी है तो वह भी शांत रहती है, “हमने तो केवल प्रतिकार किया अन्याय का।”

The trouble is, in day to day living side by side, there will always happen such incidents- vehicles may collide, pedestrians get knocked off, neighbours annoy each other, girls and boys do get attracted to each other.

So bhaijaan never runs out of excuses to launch “guilt free riots.”

Till society dies.

If a section has violence as its core competence, it will always find “legitimate” causes to unleash violence. It is upto kafirs to figure out this game and do something about it.

The operational phrase is - Guilt Free riots. https://twitter.com/satyanveshan/status ... 05312?s=20
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

IndraD wrote:Police can be asked to investigate and punish the guilty policeman, it can be sued. Compensation can be allowed for the family.
The police also have stated that the teenager did not listen to their instructions and tried to run them down. Also the French Police Union had issued a kind of warning statement, that they will not take it lying down if they are not allowed to retaliate in kind against the rioters due to secular political reasons.
Twitter: This is an unreal communiqué by the main French police unions, essentially declaring France is in a civil war and that the police is in the "resistance" against the government.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Extraordinary wordings indeed:
"Now that's enough...

Facing these savage hordes, asking for calm is no longer enough, it must be imposed!

Restoring the republican order and putting the apprehended beyond the capacity to harm should be the only political signals to give.

In the face of such exactions, the police family must stand together.

Our colleagues, like the majority of citizens, can no longer bear the tyranny of these violent minorities.

The time is not for union action, but for combat against these "pests". Surrendering, capitulating, and pleasing them by laying down arms are not the solutions in light of the gravity of the situation.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Government or may be just youtube has banned the youtube channel of @ExmuslimSahil because of mass reporting

https://www.youtube.com/@ExMuslimSahil

Please tag @ianuragthakur, @YouTube, @GoI_MeitY, @narendramodi, @AmitShah, @JPNadda and urge them to reverse the ban.

Sahil was one of the first exmuslim to start his youtube channel and put Islam under the spot light. He appeared several times on TV. He is quite knowledgeable abut islam and instrumental to exposing it to a lot of musims as well as non muslims. Several muslims have converted out of islam because of him and other ex muslims like him active on social media.

Some pakistani @ShayaanAlii who pretends to be a Sanatani and other muslims seem to have mass reported him and other ex muslims.

https://twitter.com/mini_razdan10/statu ... 70272?s=20

We cannot let this happen. Ex muslims are spreading the truth of islam and are instrumental in a number of people leaving islam.

Please bombard as many tweets as possible to @youtube, @inuragthakur, @narendramodi, @amitshah, @jpnadda to reverse the ban on Sahil's youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/@ExMuslimSahil
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Gang rampaged through Liverpool attacking strangers because they were white “non-Muslims”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... n=sharebar
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Evil traffic warden is jailed for life after he stabbed his terrified wife 26 times in sickening attack because she didn't let him take another partner - as he breaks down in court and claims he 'didn't mean to kill her'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -wife.html
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Attacking random people because they are white and Christian?

How low can a Muslim sink in a country that’s probably paying for a council flat for a family member. But if these white Christian folk protest then its islamophobia.

Shabaash noor e quam. Sawab is on its way.

Whites and christians really need to educate themselves on the concept of Sawab.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Ex Muslim sub inspector Sultana from one of the Telugu states (Telangana, Hyderabad I think). She has a fun way of telling her story.

Also, many muslims who are not religious or even dislike islam do not know that they can leave islam and there is such a thing as ex muslim as in the case of this girl.

Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Pakistanis in Greece celebrate the fires and Canadair crash... "Allah takes revenge" - Shocking posts

https://greekcitytimes.com/2023/07/27/p ... -canadair/
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Horrific shooting carried out by RPF Jawan Chetan Kumar on Jaipur-Mumbai Express: 3 (Muslim) civilians and 1 police officer killed

While standing over the dead bodies, he is recorded stating that those who want to stay in India must vote for PM Modi and CM Yogi Adityanath.

https://twitter.com/AITCSanghamitra/sta ... 4657315841