Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Haresh
BRFite

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis (9-8-2014)

Post by Haresh »

Muslim Brotherhood’s Influence In US Should Be Confronted And Defeated – OpEd

https://www.eurasiareview.com/02052022- ... ated-oped/
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/iv ... mind-21506

I've Worked with Refugees for Decades. Europe's Afghan Crime Wave Is Mind-Boggling.
Afghans stand out among the refugees committing crimes in Austria and elsewhere. Why?

by Cheryl Benard
Some of the upcoming difficulties had been anticipated: that the newcomers did not speak the local languages, might be traumatized, would probably take a long time to find their footing, and had brought their ethnic, religious and sectarian conflicts with them, causing them to get into battles with each other. All of these things happened but—as Angela Merkel promised—were manageable. “Wir schaffen das.”

But there was one development that had not been expected, and was not tolerable: the large and growing incidence of sexual assaults committed by refugees against local women. These were not of the cultural-misunderstanding-date-rape sort, but were vicious, no-preamble attacks on random girls and women, often committed by gangs or packs of young men. At first, the incidents were downplayed or hushed up—no one wanted to provide the right wing with fodder for nationalist agitation, and the hope was that these were isolated instances caused by a small problem group of outliers. As the incidents increased, and because many of them took place in public or because the public became involved either in stopping the attack or in aiding the victim afterwards, and because the courts began issuing sentences as the cases came to trial, the matter could no longer be swept under the carpet of political correctness. And with the official acknowledgment and public reporting, a weird and puzzling footnote emerged. Most of the assaults were being committed by refugees of one particular nationality: by Afghans.

What is going on here? And why, why, why the Afghans? According to Austrian police statistics, Syrian refugees cause fewer than 10 percent of sexual assault cases. Afghans, whose numbers are comparable, are responsible for a stunning half of all cases.
So again: what’s going on? Why is this happening? And why the Afghans? A few competing theories are in circulation.

A second theory hypothesizes confusion caused by a clash in cultural values. These young men, the theory holds, come from a country where women are mere dark silhouettes completely hidden under pleated burqas. Confronted with girls in tank tops and short shorts, they lose their grip on sanity and their hormones run away with them. This theory, in addition to being borderline blame-the-victim offensive, does not hold water. Again, the same reaction should then also be shown by other young men from strict Islamic societies where gender segregation is the norm; why would only the Afghans react this way? And how does it explain cases such as that of the seventy-two-year-old pensioner, out walking her dog when attacked, beaten and raped by a young Afghan? Or the schoolboy, kidnapped and gang-raped in Sweden by a group of Afghans?

Indeed, if we review the pattern of the attacks, we can soon dismiss this theory. Typically, the preferred targets are not what stereotype might imagine, provocatively dressed young women that a confused Muslim from the ultraconservative hinterland misinterprets as promiscuous. No; often, the victims are mothers with small children. I am guessing that to a predator, they appear to be easier targets, because it is assumed they will be handicapped in their ability to fight back, but there may also be some more Freudian dimension that I am missing.

In one recent case that raised a huge public outcry, a woman was out for a walk in a park on an elevation above the Danube. With her she had her two children, a toddler plus her infant in a baby carriage. Out of the blue, an Afghan refugee leapt at her, threw her down, bit her, strangled her and attempted to rape her. In the struggle, the baby carriage went careening towards the embankment and the infant almost plunged into the river below. With her second child looking on aghast, the woman valiantly fought off her assailant, ripping the hood off his jacket, which later made it possible for an Austrian police dog to track him down.

In another incident, two young women were on a midday stroll in the pedestrian zone of a small Austrian town, pushing their babies in prams before them, when they were abruptly attacked by several Afghan refugees, who lunged at them and ripped off their clothing but were apprehended before they could do further damage. It’s clear that such events antagonize the general public. It’s also clear that we can dismiss the “they were drunk and didn’t know what they were doing” theory, as well as “they thought the women were asking for it.”

This brings us to a third, more compelling and quite disturbing theory—the one that my Afghan friend, the court translator, puts forward. On the basis of his hundreds of interactions with these young men in his professional capacity over the past several years, he believes to have discovered that they are motivated by a deep and abiding contempt for Western civilization. To them, Europeans are the enemy, and their women are legitimate spoils, as are all the other things one can take from them: housing, money, passports. Their laws don’t matter, their culture is uninteresting and, ultimately, their civilization is going to fall anyway to the horde of which one is the spearhead. No need to assimilate, or work hard, or try to build a decent life here for yourself—these Europeans are too soft to seriously punish you for a transgression, and their days are numbered.

And it’s not just the sex crimes, my friend notes. Those may agitate public sentiment the most, but the deliberate, insidious abuse of the welfare system is just as consequential.
Afghan refugees, he says, have a particular proclivity to play the system: to lie about their age, to lie about their circumstances, to pretend to be younger, to be handicapped, to belong to an ethnic minority when even the tired eye of an Austrian judge can distinguish the delicate features of a Hazara from those of a Pashtun.

I see his point. In the course of my research, I encountered thirty-year-olds with family in Austria who were passing themselves off as “unaccompanied minors.” I met people misrepresenting an old traffic injury as proof that they had been tortured. I learned of an Afghan family that had emigrated to Hungary two decades ago. The children were born there and attended Hungarian schools. When the refugee crisis erupted, enticed by news of all the associated benefits, this family decided to take on a new identity and make their way to Sweden on the pretense of being brand-new refugees. Claiming to have lost their papers during their “flight,” they registered under new assumed names and reduced the ages of their children; the mother declared herself a widow. Now ensconced in comfortable free housing along with their hale, hearty and very much alive father—whom they pass off as an uncle—with a monthly welfare check, they are smug parasites leeching off the gullibility of Sweden’s taxpayers.
One more commentator in the process of awakening, though even she still hasn't connected the final dot between supremacist entitlement and Islamism.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Cynically speaking, why do anyone want them to be awakened ? Let them deal with their Karma. These are the same people who lecture India on 'human rights' when dealing with similar Islamist issues or doing equal-equal between the Hindu victims and Islamist perpetrators.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I am changing the quote a bit

To them, Europeans Indians are the enemy, and their women are legitimate spoils, as are all the other things one can take from them: housing, money, passports. Their laws don’t matter, their culture is uninteresting and, ultimately, their civilization is going to fall anyway to the horde of which one is the spearhead. No need to assimilate, or work hard, or try to build a decent life here for yourself—these Europeans Indians are too soft to seriously punish you for a transgression, and their days are numbered.

Everybody knows this, but those who have arrangements and dont see India as the home of themselves and help them in their agenda in India.

Established middle-class diaspora Afghans Seculars are understandably upset and embarrassed to see their nationality ideology thus disgraced by these uncouth newcomers acts. And yet they are part of the problem. Many of their actions and reactions, however natural or unintended, amount to complicity. They cover up, make excuses for, advise on best ways to wriggle out of consequences, and even directly abet the deceptions, illegal acts and disgraceful manners of friends, relatives and random unknown fellow Afghans Seculars.

There I have fixed it.

The best thing that can happen to India is that enough Pakis, BD's and like minded personal go to Europe and behave the way naturally comes to them. A lot of BIF acts against India will unravel.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Rony ji-- agreed, 100%!

Aditya V ji:
The best thing that can happen to India is that enough Pakis, BD's and like minded personal go to Europe and behave the way naturally comes to them. A lot of BIF acts against India will unravel.
Unfortunately, I don't think the bolded part will ever happen no matter how bad the ravages of Islamists become in Europe.

Western Universalism means that the Europeans are incapable of any empathy whatsoever towards Indians (specifically, Hindus and other Dharmic Indians). No matter how many rapes, murders, riots, terrorist attacks etc. the Islamist 'refugees' carry out in European countries, the Europeans simply cannot imagine themselves in the place of Hindus.

This is because Europeans see their own civilizational outlook-- whether Christianity or post-'enlightenment' Christianity-Based Secularism (CBS)-- as something superior to Islam, and meanwhile they see Islam (simply because it is Abrahamic and monotheistic) as something superior to Dharmic traditions.

From the Western point of view, Christianity & CBS >> Islam >> Hindu 'polytheism/animism' as a sequence of evolutionary advancement.

So while Islamic terrorism (and civic terrorism) in Europe is seen as the acts of ungrateful barbarians against a welcoming and advanced society, the same thing in India is seen as the harsh but necessary lessons needed to improve a backward and superstitious people (Hindus) and set them along the 'right' evolutionary path towards Monotheism.

Such beliefs are mostly subconscious, of course. Most Europeans may never admit to them openly. But there is no doubt they exist.

There's a term for this: Abrahamic Privilege. The Western left likes to talk about "White Privilege"-- which certainly does exist, to different extents in different countries, but the Western left has identified it as an enemy and is actively fighting against it within Western societies. But when it comes to Abrahamic Privilege, the Western left, right, and center are all united in preserving it and their worldviews are fundamentally shaped by it. So they will always see Islam as right and Dharmic traditions as wrong, in any context. JMT.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Uproar in Muslim world after BJP leaders' derogatory remarks on Prophet

What is this about?
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

And our "right wing fascist hindu nationalist hindutva ideology steeped" govt doesnt say a word when hindus are targeted in Afghanistan, BD or anywhere else in the world. When conferences are held openly to "dismantle hindutva" and bad mouth in every possible way. All dhongis.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

^^ That's actually not the case. In the US at least, GOI works through civil society groups (that I won't name here) who run media awareness and political influence campaigns over issues like Hindu genocide in BD & Afghanistan, abductions and forced conversions of Hindu girls in Pakistan, reclaiming the history of the Kashmir Pandit genocide (via the Kashmir files), etc. GOI could definitely do more, but to say they are doing nothing would be inaccurate.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Women shunted from one marriage to another for survival:

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderab ... 046824.cms
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Left’s Coalition Cracking: Ilhan Omar Enrages Muslims by Wishing Gays a Happy Pride Month

https://robertspencer.org/2022/06/lefts ... ride-month

https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1532074593770524673
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

F.B.I. Raid Kills Islamic Group Leader in Michigan

https://archive.ph/thYlO
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Alain Wagner: The reasons why Europe is being colonised by Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9qg7Gylh4
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

This site mainly relates to the Jewish community in the USA, however there are implications for the Indian community as well.

https://www.peaceandtolerance.org/
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@Rudradev

All that the article had to say was one elegant word / phrase: maal-e-ganimat.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

France’s former intelligence chief warns against possible civil war due to mass immigration

https://rmx.news/france/frances-former- ... migration/
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

It never ends......

‘Love Jihad’ in Greece? 30-year-old Pakistani man on the run after brutally killing 17-year-old girlfriend in Athens

https://www.opindia.com/2022/08/love-ji ... in-athens/
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Spain, and Greece is full of illegal Pakjabi populace, you see them in all tourist spots, and metro stations. The minute they see the cops, they disappear.

When I noticed many Pakjabis with broken bones laying around the Metro station and asked a local, he told me that happens to them whenever they harass local womenfolk, they are given special treatment by the Greeks.

I am sure there is going to a big fallout from this in Greece.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

mappunni wrote:Spain, and Greece is full of illegal Pakjabi populace, you see them in all tourist spots, and metro stations. The minute they see the cops, they disappear.

When I noticed many Pakjabis with broken bones laying around the Metro station and asked a local, he told me that happens to them whenever they harass local womenfolk, they are given special treatment by the Greeks.

It's the only way.
As long as Indians are not caught up in the middle, I think this needs to be encouraged.
Good for them.
The only way to subdue a dangerous dog is to either beat it into submission or kill it.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

There was a huge outcry in crapistan few months back when many Turks were sick of pakjabis behaviour and took to twitter asking to deport them back to crapistan :rotfl:
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Haresh wrote:
mappunni wrote:Spain, and Greece is full of illegal Pakjabi populace, you see them in all tourist spots, and metro stations. The minute they see the cops, they disappear.
It's the only way.
As long as Indians are not caught up in the middle, I think this needs to be encouraged.
Good for them.
The only way to subdue a dangerous dog is to either beat it into submission or kill it.
I observed tons of them in Germany and the UK. So, this must be a problem in most of West Europe. Indians are caught in the middle, as most claim to be Indians, and the natives are often unable to distinguish.
Gautam
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Natives can distinguish, they choose not to, but as thier talent pool goes down they will have to. The games played in the last 200 yrs will not work for the next 200.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The UN is in denial about Islamic terrorism

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-un-is-in ... terrorism/
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Salman Rushdie stabbed in NY
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Has C J Werleman tweeted yet about the assailant probably being a right wing Hindu fanatic..
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Vamsee wrote:Salman Rushdie stabbed in NY
Shocking news, particulary as the US is so tolerant, so not thuggish, non violent, secular, law abiding, safe, liberal............ so unlike India.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/exclusi ... ie-1231426

Lets wait and see how many of his supporters now call out the US.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Everyone posting from US about Rushdie should add disclaimers:
1) religion of peace
2) not all are bad
3) need to stand by the community

Biden’s handlers pandering to Islamist vote banks, as EAM Jaishankar pointed out, seem to be coming home to roost. You can’t get a more textbook liberal than Rushdie and he got stabbed right in the holy city of American liberalism, NYC
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Well, he wasn't beheaded, although the attacker appears to have tried. Need to wait for more news, but I would not be surprised to find this was the work of an unhinged American liberal in the mistaken belief that it provides justice in some way.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Vamsee wrote:Salman Rushdie stabbed in NY
Please, in the name of Allah the most merciful god.. Dont blame this on Islam. Islam is all loving peaceful religion. The perpetrator of this heinous crime does not represent either our religion nor our Prophet who was equally merciful.

It was a Brahmanical Patriarchy guy disguised as momin to bring bad name to Allah & his Rasul did this to spread islamophobia. Quan chapter 786, verse 313 do state "To his is his thoughts, to me my thoughts,never attack a black dog even if it bites you.". .. With this i would like to say We secular silent muslims "condom" this act.
Last edited by madhu on 12 Aug 2022 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Aditya_V wrote:Natives can distinguish, they choose not to, but as thier talent pool goes down they will have to. The games played in the last 200 yrs will not work for the next 200.
Absolutely. All these countries have near 100% high-school education. They would know the basics of world history and world religions.

Racism and slavery were built into their psyche for as long as their collective civilization could remember.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vera_k wrote:an unhinged American liberal in the mistaken belief that it provides justice in some way.
:rotfl: You described Rep. Ilhan Omar to the T. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 13 Aug 2022 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

I predict the notorious CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relation) will fund the legal defense for Rushdie's assailant.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

krithivas wrote:I predict the notorious CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relation) will fund the legal defense for Rushdie's assailant.
If they do, it won’t be in an open way. They are not stupid.

Expect routine condemnation along with bleating about Islamophobia etc.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Heard something from one of those fanatic Hindoos.

Cultural criticism Hindoo style- Lal Singh Chadha, taking your business elsewhere.

Cultural criticism Mohammadan style- Salman Rushdie in upstate New York.

One must learn to respect sensitivities. And learn to live in peace and harmony.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Rushdie Trivia:
In 1999 PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee lifted the travel ban imposed by
@INCIndia
on Salman Rushdie in 1988. He visited India in 2000.
At dinners hosted by fashionable Lutyens libbies, he fulsomely praised Nehru, his clan and Congress, spat on 'Hindu Nationalist BJP'
n1 https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... kUmEBm7O7w

After NDA lost 2004 Lok Sabha election and Sonia Gandhi/Congress came to power as head of UPA, Salman Rushdie wrote an op-ed (iirc, International Herald Tribune) celebrating India's 'liberation' from 'Hindu Nationalist BJP', excoriating CM Modi and hailing Congress as saviour.
n2 https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... kUmEBm7O7w

Moral of the story:
It is good to stand by 'principles', mostly deracinated, pompous hogwash crafted by duplicitous liberals and morally bankrupt lefties, but it is better to choose your friends and allies wisely in a civilisational war of existence.
Think. No need to reply.
n3 https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... kUmEBm7O7w
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Iran’s hardline newspapers praise Salman Rushdie’s attacker https://millichronicle.com/2022/08/iran ... acker.html
August 13, 2022 Millichronicle
Dubai (Reuters) – Several hardline Iranian newspapers poured praise on Saturday on the person who attacked and seriously wounded author Salman Rushdie, whose novel “The Satanic Verses” had drawn death threats from Iran since 1989.

There was no official reaction yet in Iran to the attack on Rushdie, who was stabbed in the neck and torso on Friday while onstage at a lecture in New York state.

However, the hardline Kayhan newspaper, whose editor-in-chief is appointed by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, wrote: “A thousand bravos … to the brave and dutiful person who attacked the apostate and evil Salman Rushdie in New York,” adding, “The hand of the man who tore the neck of God’s enemy must be kissed”.

The leader of Iran’s 1979 Islamic revolution, the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, issued a fatwa, or religious edict, in 1989 that called on Muslims around the world to kill the Indian-born author after his book was condemned as blasphemous, forcing him into years of hiding.

In 2019, Twitter suspended Khamenei’s account over a tweet that said Khomeini’s fatwa against Rushdie was “solid and irrevocable”.

The Asr Iran news site on Saturday carried an often cited quote by Khamenei that said the “arrow” shot by Khomeini “will one day hit the target”.

A wealthy Iranian religious organization offered $2.7 million reward to anyone who carried out Khomeini’s fatwa. It increased the amount to $3.3 million in 2012.

The headline of the hardline Vatan Emrooz newspaper read: “Knife in Salman Rushdie’s neck”.

The Khorasan daily carried the headline: “Satan on the way to hell”.

New York police identified the suspect as Hadi Matar, a 24-year-old man from Fairview, New Jersey, who had bought a pass to the event at the Chautauqua Institution. No motive has been established for the attack.

Rushdie was on a ventilator and unable to speak on Friday evening after the incident, condemned by writers and politicians around the world as an assault on the freedom of expression.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

IndraDji,
I remember Salman Rushdie making many comments against Margaret Thatcher, her policies (which is quite correct to do as a writer living in UK) and an allegation that she groped him. In his books he mocked her (Mrs. Torture) and often used cuss words while describing her. Yet it was Mrs. Thatcher that arranged for his protection that was effective and kept him safe. So, it is not surprising that he made comments against BJP or Vajpayeeji. In BRF we will remember him for creating the name "Im the Dim" for Dimran Khan Niazi.
Gautam
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... TQIABMAWU/
Salman Rushdie: 'I was groped by Margaret Thatcher'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eting.html
Last edited by g.sarkar on 14 Aug 2022 03:09, edited 2 times in total.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

More detail in this article.

author remains on a ventilator and faces losing an eye
He was born in the United States to Lebanese parents
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

I am surprised that Hadi Matar has not shown any Pakistani connection so far. Just a matter of time I guess.
Gautam
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

And yet he was stabbed by a "peaceful" one

Salman Rushdie’s grave fears for Indian democracy published in PEN anthology

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... -anthology
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Amazing how manifestly intelligent and creative people like Rushdie are incapable of removing their blinders when it comes to seeing islam for what it is... In spite of writing a book like satanic verses on islam.