Shocking links of Richard Benkin to Khaleda Zia government

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
aditya
BRFite

Shocking links of Richard Benkin to Khaleda Zia government

Post by aditya »

BRF has often been a sounding board for various elements who have pushed their interests on the board over the years. In particular, one can recall a now deceased Islamic scholar whose work resulted in attempts to conduct a religion-based survey on the Indian armed forces.

If I'm not mistaken, US activist Richard Benkin visited BRF some years ago. At the very least, it is important to know who one is dealing with, especially if the person or entities have links as odd as the ones shown below.

RICHARD BENKIN WAS AN AGENT OF KHALEDA ZIA GOVERNMENT

Richard Benkin was registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) in the US as an agent of Bangladesh government when Khaleda Zia was in power (Khaleda Zia is usually hostile towards India). The following information was found on http://fara.gov

http://www.fara.gov/docs/5708-Exhibit-AB-20050907-1.pdf
http://www.fara.gov/docs/5708-Supplemen ... 0418-1.pdf

Note that the person he reported to and whom he has named in the filing (item #6 in the first link above) is State Minister for Home Affairs Lutfozzaman Babar. Lutfozzaman Babar was helping ULFA carry out bombings in India and has been given the death sentence for terrorist activities:

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/02/ ... gthen-ulfa

BANGLADESH GOVERNMENT PAID RICHARD BENKIN

http://www.fara.gov/reports/December31-2005.pdf

BANGLADESH
Benkin, Richard L. #5708

Peoples Republic of Bangladesh (t) 5
Nature of Services: Public Relations
The registrant agreed to disseminate news and information to various media representatives, organizations, and elected officials.
$5,000.00 for the six month period ending September 30, 2005

WIKILEAKS SHOWS US GOVERNMENT DISTRUSTS RICHARD BENKIN FOR HIS LINKS WITH TERROR-AFFILIATED IDP

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/huji-forms-p ... 081-8.html

Sources in Bangladesh say that HuJI, which has been blamed for several bomb blasts in India, gathered under the banner of Islamic Democratic Party for an iftar party in Rajshahi district on September 8.

http://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/0 ... 078_a.html

In passing, Amin also noted gadfly journalist Shoaib Chowdhury (whose legal problems have been chronicled in past Human Rights Reports and in Ref B) and Amcit Richard Benkin's strange involvement with the IDP.

http://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09DHAKA203_a.html

In the meantime, the trial almost remains a sideshow as Choudhury continues to dabble with the Islamic Democratic Party (IDP), the political arm of the banned terrorist group Harkatul Jihad al Islami Bangladesh (HuJI-B).

According to Choudhury, Dr. Richard Benkin, an American citizen, had also been in contact with the IDP and supported his efforts at &promoting interfaith understanding...
Despite Chowdhury's assertion, Post has srong reasons to believe that the IDP acts as a foil for terrorist groups.

RICHARD BENKIN'S PAYMASTER LUTZOFAMMAN BABAR WAS PRESENT AT D COMPANY MEETINGS

http://www.eurasiareview.com/13022012-i ... -analysis/

Even the then State Home Minister Lutfozzaman Babar was present in those meetings. These meetings with the mafia don assume significance as D Company activists are also known as mercenary killers.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Shocking links of Richard Benkin to Khaleda Zia governme

Post by shiv »

Good catch

Here is a thread that was started by Benkin on BRF
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... =12&t=4838
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

And great example of personal satya-aacharan, shiv ji. This is what saves Dharm.

I always had this itch to prevent too much of focus on Pakistan in BRF but I was simply too alone and too clueless and too outsmarted. My simplistic mind always held me back, always suggesting that a dis-balance in approach will absolutely as hell leave us open to exploitation by the people who consider us a commodity. People who have already exploited us in the past and we need to beware of.

Aditya ji, thanks for your post it deserves to be in the best posts thread. If Dhananjay ji has already not posted it there I will.

Shiv ji, one more thing, the garu I track did advise taking the whole thing into GDF despite the same inclination as the ones who got led by this keeda called Benkins. Hope you don't treat my post as worthless triumphalism. I do care, how people who care for India get treated in the 'real world'.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I will bet dollars to donuts that the thread linked to by hakim saab has been started not by Dr(?). Benkin but another who wanted to draw attention to that name and public face and the real persona behind it.
WAG
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

matrimc - the thought I had was that it is a thread started by the real Bhen-kin in a naive attempt to whip up a frenzy of Muslim hate online. He may have been playing this game elsewhere as well. We did not fall for his game on BRF.

If he was a covert supporter of Islamists - the act of provoking violent anti-Muslim sentiment in India has always been a game that has attracted Pakshitlamists.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

He could simply have been acting for one of the alphabet innocent agencies of USA. Dont swallow everything wikileaks gives as revealing all the agencies. A suspicious mind would be uneasy with Snowden too. What if the real moles sit tight and laugh.

It looks to me if story true - just a regular part of US intel ops. Use certain types of rhetoric to trap and tab or manipulate and gain info on. If I was in charge of planning such stuff - I would find Benkins most useful. :mrgreen:
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

If Babar was whom he reported to - kept in touch - look whos behind bars now! in a way Benkins acted smart isnt it?
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

This is precious.
aditya wrote:In particular, one can recall a now deceased Islamic scholar whose work resulted in attempts to conduct a religion-based survey on the Indian armed forces.

If I'm not mistaken, US activist Richard Benkin visited BRF some years ago.
I wasn't active on the forum during that period. Could you clarify - who is the person being referred to in the religion-based survey of the Armed Forces? Benkin himself? Thx.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Agnimitra wrote:This is precious.
aditya wrote:In particular, one can recall a now deceased Islamic scholar whose work resulted in attempts to conduct a religion-based survey on the Indian armed forces.

If I'm not mistaken, US activist Richard Benkin visited BRF some years ago.
I wasn't active on the forum during that period. Could you clarify - who is the person being referred to in the religion-based survey of the Armed Forces? Benkin himself? Thx.
Omar Khalidi

I had reviewed his book on BR. It was biased trash, but I was polite as a reviewer. The author had sent the book to be reviewed.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/I ... andv2.html
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sach ... 81892.html

Don't know who the scholar is; Arjun Singh who was behind this and fits the "dead guy" description, but scholar? The committee was headed by Rajinder Sachar.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

shiv ji, thanks.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Agnimitra wrote:shiv ji, thanks.
Khalidhi -IAMC-PakiISI-Nabhi-One callRiot Control Man of Indian origin-Chatterji- Bannerji-Bose- ASHA, TAMASHA-Berkley Haas Group.
Khalidhi -IAMC-PAKiISI-Nabhi-One callRiot Control Man of Indian origin- ASHA, CAG Etc- Singh For Justcie/Khalistanis- California Schooll Textbook Controversy-Wendy/Witzel - Chizzeletc.
They are all players acting together.I cant recall, but i think Khalidhi was one of the guests/ facilitator in MMS as Pm hosted Dinner for Mr Shadai, Imam of Kabha.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

One callRiot Control Man of Indian origin
Sorry, Jhujhar, but the evil Pervez Kutta, evil 6th coujin of the gentle Abdul Bin Kabul, 8) was the one that (treacherously and with malice aforethought) provoked that gem, so he remember(ed) very clearly: That was Kal**m Kawa*a. Hu dis "Khalidhi" I am 404.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But when all is said and done and smoke clears, the only point above is the BD guvrmand got fleeced to the tune of $5000 (a pittance) by someone promising to "disseminate news". Posting on Pee Aref, which reaches 1,700,000,000,000,000 Indians including the 700,000,000 Indian Army raping the Kashmiris 600 times a day, plus the 20,000 anal-ists of the See Ayyeh, Free biscoot agintzy, Mossad, Eye Ess Eye, K gee Bee etc. satisfies that contract, hain?

What other evidence of his ACTIVITIES does the above have? If you go by this criterion, anyone who has ever bought furniture at Ivan Allen (I have not, no worries) is a Paki terrorist supporter (CEO is, well.. enuf said). Anyone who has Cable TV and thus supports CNN is a Chinese/Islamist/Conversionist/State Department flunky. And anyone who buys an Apple iPhone, iPad, or Mac is a PRC agint: paid $$$ directly to the PLA!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

UlanBatori wrote:
One callRiot Control Man of Indian origin
Sorry, Jhujhar, but the evil Pervez Kutta, evil 6th coujin of the gentle Abdul Bin Kabul, 8) was the one that (treacherously and with malice aforethought) provoked that gem, so he remember(ed) very clearly: That was Kal**m Kawa*a. Hu dis "Khalidhi" I am 404.
Both Khali & Khwa were Budy Budy at personal level. There is one Indian Adyapak with the name AssTosh V who too is part of this private, fudy-budy-Dudy cabal.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv wrote:matrimc - the thought I had was that it is a thread started by the real Bhen-kin in a naive attempt to whip up a frenzy of Muslim hate online. He may have been playing this game elsewhere as well. We did not fall for his game on BRF.
Probably that is it. India/hindus should keep the cool and not fall until they can chose the time and place to punish the guilty. Delayed gratification a la xtian teachings.