Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 10 Oct

Post by Shrinivasan »

Philip wrote:"a loud fart is better than a long speech".India under Mr.Modi has through the IA farted loud and clear in the direction of Pak.
So True.. Desh moved away from speech to inaction during MMS times and on to ACTION duing Modi Sarcar. Modi has uttered FIVE words on this subject till date. that's it. I read more into Jet-Li's irritated face than his words.. but "Unbearable damage" took the top-honors.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shrinivasan wrote:Shiv: I think the punishment needs to be public as well as private. Public by destroying their Military infrastructure in the border, publishing photos taken by drones as well as RAA agints in shitland. Private by taking out Jihadi camps and leaders by covert action. icing on the cake will be some attack by "Non State Actors" on GHQ or some large Sunni Mosque / Madrassa.
Can't disagree, but history says that any boast by India of hurting Pakistan is used by Pakistan to play victim. On the other hand their need to retain their honor will ensure that they won't make it public by themselves. It is tempting to make them feel shame - but they will use the info to paint India as aggressor. So we can make them lose honor and dignity by making the damage public at the cost of giving them a lever to play victim.

My preference is to sit tight and let them suffer and feel pain and not give them an escape route. Let them seethe and fume and hate India more.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shrinivasan wrote: Desh moved away from speech to inaction during MMS times
This is what amazes me. It seems to me that the Congress with a vengeance, sought to paint the Vajpayee government as aggressive Hindutva vadi rightwingers and for that purpose deliberately played down Pakistan's perfidy. That Italian waitress and her family must never again be allowed into office.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

CON as a party must be destroyed in its entirety. If they ever come to power in the next 20 years we will be back to square one. They are nothing but Dallals of the west. Remnants of colonialism.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I agree Modi is a dangerous man. But only because Hindus are potentially dangerous, he is making it cool to be Hindu. This is not lost on Pakistanis.

Veiled threats of terrorism have been made on that odious Arnab Goswami show by Pakistanis. It is only a matter of time. The response will be an intensification of Shia, Baluchi, Balwaristani and Sindhi freedom struggles. This was hinted at by G. Parthasarthy. It was obvious those Pakistani guests took him very seriously.

No one believes Pakistan is more than a transient phenomenon. As the west finds the cost benefit ratio increasingly adverse Pakistan will behave. Without security assurances and military materiel/cash transfers and tight IMF loans, Pakistan has few options. The last thing it needs is to have its ghazis decimated by India's superior war machine.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Response to a low key terror attack will likely be destruction of some terror camp across the border by Atry or covert action.
Response to a high key terror attack will likely be a covert op to take out Dawood or perhaps Hafeez Saeed. Something that is equally high key.

I forget the video but some amru analyst was asked about the risk of noclear weapons falling in the hand of non-state actor and its impact on India, etc. The reply was that other nonstate actors like RAW and Mossad too could get hold of noclear weapons implying that pakis dare not use that trick.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ABP News ‏@abpnewstv 1h1 hour ago

Sharif raises Kashmir issue with US Senators http://www.abplive.in/World/2014/10/13/ ... S-Senators
Sharif, who met Senators Tim Kaine, Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and Angus King, Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, underlined that dialogue is the only way forward between India and Pakistan.

A statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office here said that Sharif told the two Senators that the "UN resolutions must form the basis for any solution for Kashmir and people of Kashmir be made part of it."

"He asked the UN to honour its own resolutions on this matter. He said the only acceptable solution of Kashmir will be the one which is endorsed by all parties including Pakistan, India and Kashmiris," the statement said.
Pakis accept then that the UN too has disowned the resolutions.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Update from Malloostan Dothraki-camp:

After yesterdin's release of some :oops: :oops: videos of a certain Solar Mohatarma via Whatsapp, some of the more excitable birathers got upset. Something about the clips were not good enough or they were expecting more. So they did what has become a routine since last week - they went and hacked a paki govt website to ease the pain. The website that got mauled is rawalpindi.gov.pk. The birathers left only after installing wordpress framework and if you visit, it will ask for admin/password. Some other birathers from Bengaluru then did the needful and created the admin userid/password..... :rotfl: (no, you cant make up this kind of shyte)

The entire site is made into one massive avial, all under the helpless gaze of bakis 8)
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

hnair sir, this is waaaaay off topic. Does she look anything like Shakeela :) LOL (Memories of early 20s coming back ... LOL)
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

OT - cant comment (unlike nukkad). You need to do your own doo-diligence :D
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pakis ... 141013.htm
Pakistan on Monday briefed the envoys of 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council about the tensions on the LoC and International Border with India.

In a statement, Pakistan Foreign Office said Adviser to the prime minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz briefed the ambassadors of the US, the UK, France, Russia and China in Islamabad on the security situation.

"He expressed his concern that the ceasefire violations by India and the provocative statements by Indian leadership were not only a setback to peace efforts but also a distraction from Pakistan's counter-terrorism commitments in the ongoing Operation Zarb-e-Azb (operation in North Waziristan)," the statement said.

Aziz expressed disappointment that first the foreign secretary-level talks were cancelled, and then "India resorted to unprovoked firing and shelling on the LoC and the International Border resulting in many civilian casualties, injuries, and extensive damage to property".

He outlined the prime minister's vision of a peaceful South Asian region and his positive overtures to the Indian government since coming to power in May 2013, including reaching out to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

Let the pakis withdraw from zarb-e-nonsense. The TTP and drones both will follow them to quetta and pakjab.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1137704/tendul ... -match-pcb
Tendulkar, Dravid could visit Pakistan for exhibition match: PCB
Dream on :rotfl:
This is another of those tall claims by Pakis which will turn out to be false.
Look at this statement -
Khan, a former foreign secretary and a career diplomat, said the process of bringing cricket back to Pakistan would be a gradual one.

“The real objective is to slowly and gradually open the doors for teams to come to Pakistan. I have had several confirmations from Associate countries.
Yeah, Pakistan will open the doors for other teams because Pakistan had shut its doors for other teams and they were all begging Pakistan to open its doors and allow them in.
Last edited by partha on 14 Oct 2014 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Harish wrote:So finally how many pakjihadi fistulas were actually halaled? I have heard some numbers bandied about (165 was the last I heard) but is there anything official from the Indian side? I ofcourse don't trust the pakis to tell the truth.

Per twitter reports 85 in uniform and rest out of uniform. Total 165.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Sounds correct. Pakistan never squealed like this before. Now they are complaining to everyone and their uncles. Just like a dehathi aurat!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The Pak diplomatic campaign looks like "Cause of Action" type of pleading.

I would put the forces on alert with due warning to massa and mistresses.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

They already used the nuke threat against India. Now they are using the terror threat against the permanent five. (Make India stop or else Zam-Zam-e-eyewash will stop and the yahoos will attack you). I am waiting for them to use terror threat against India. Last time they did it was along the lines of "Not solving cashmere can radicalize youth and cause many more Mumbai type attacks". Trust me we are going to see this soon.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Anujan wrote:They already used the nuke threat against India. Now they are using the terror threat against the permanent five. (Make India stop or else Zam-Zam-e-eyewash will stop and the yahoos will attack you). I am waiting for them to use terror threat against India. Last time they did it was along the lines of "Not solving cashmere can radicalize youth and cause many more Mumbai type attacks". Trust me we are going to see this soon.

But our youth in Bollywood is already radicalized. Look at the response to Haider!!!!

I think Haider failure was another blow to TSP agit prop machine.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Current situation in pakistan is the best for exploitation. In this arse kicking of PA by Modi certain pakis are the big beneficiaries. There are too many elements in pakiland, in and out of the establishment, working against each other that there is no real concern for us about their consolidation against us. My guess is some will even help us. If we want to address some long pending 'to-do list' then this is the time. Modi and his team has made some wise calculation. This paki arse kicking is well thought decision rather than a maverick one. Dont get surprised if you hear some more 'good news' in coming months.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Pakis keep mentioning how brave and great the Baki Fauj is. How come they have been fighting these ragtag extremists in their own land, within a small province, in this so-called operation Serp-e-Asp for such a long time, without giving them a 'mooh-thod-jawab'? Me thinks this new-clear powder army's detergent is a bunch of (b)lather!
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Times Of India:

Vigil against fake polio certificates

New York Times:

Polio on the Rise Again in Pakistan, Officials Say

Given the expertise of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in forgery as exemplified by the volume of Forged Indian Currency Notes (FICN) being smuggled into India from Pakistan and the uncontrolled spread of Polio in the Islamic Republic, careful scrutiny of Polio certificates is not the answer. India must completely ban to and fro travel to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. We owe the children of India fool-proof security against polio infections arising in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

The Islamic Republic Pakistan has a well established track record of infecting other countries with Polio. Besides infecting Afghanistan as mentioned in the above linked NYT article it has infected Syria, Egypt, Iraq and Israel.

Polio infection in Syria traced back to Pakistan:

Polio virus strain in Syria confirmed as being from Pakistan – WHO

Polio infection in Egypt traced back to Pakistan:

Egypt anti-polio drive after Pakistan-link virus found

Polio infection in Israel and Iraq traced back to Pakistan:

WHO says polio virus from Pak has spread to Israel, Iraq
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

So even Hajam Sethi parrots the same line of defence "Pakistan army is already preoccupied with operation in FATA, why would it start firing at LoC?". That makes it 3 Paki "analysts" who have said the same thing in the last week. I'm pretty sure now it is all being choreographed by ISPR.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

I was looking around on Youtube and came across this documentary which details the events of 1999 when Pakistan was gearing up to deploy nuclear weapons against India. The documentary is from an American perspective but it still contains some useful information. Some of you may already have seen it but I am seeing this for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQbxi8T1Cc
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

partha wrote:So even Hajam Sethi parrots the same line of defence "Pakistan army is already preoccupied with operation in FATA, why would it start firing at LoC?". That makes it 3 Paki "analysts" who have said the same thing in the last week. I'm pretty sure now it is all being choreographed by ISPR.
Pakistanis actually believe that they are right, they have never wished any ill will against India and allegations like Mumbai attacks are a YYY conspiracy. It is willy nilly fueled by sane and insane people. Even sane people, when you talk to them, feel hurt and surprised. I hung out with a Pakistani journalist motorma who sincerely believed that from 2006 onwards India has squandered all Pakistani overtures to peace. The reasons are complex as to why the believe that. I brought up Mumbai attacks for which she seemed to think it was a minor law and order incident. Indians see it as an invasion. Pakistanis see it as "well, another bunch of Hindus/Jews/Ahmadis/Shias were murdered, okay next page in newspaper". This is part of of what contributes to that piskology.

"Pakistan itself victim of terrorism" is actually true in a grotesque way. The sensible elites are actually desensitized to violence and have accepted it as a way of life. They have a mental framework "I brave all the bombing in Lahore and go buy an iPhone, why cant India be friends with Pakistan despite the terror attacks?". They do not realize how it feels or what it means to live in a peaceful society. They dont question why their society has gone to the dogs and why their army/Netas etc still patronize terrorists and why various Mullahs still train them. We on the other hand are horrified and want to know why a civilized nation would send in terrorists.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

partha wrote:So even Hajam Sethi parrots the same line of defence "Pakistan army is already preoccupied with operation in FATA, why would it start firing at LoC?".
Answer: Pakistan has lost control of its army and independent rogue elements are now doing their own thing even though another part of the the army is preoccupied in FATA.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Some rag called Karachi Post claims ratio of retaliation from India was 1:12!
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana wrote:Some rag called Karachi Post claims ratio of retaliation from India was 1:12!
1:10.

It is a standard ratio for SDRE anything, ammunition included. If they didnt like it then Bhutto,Zia etc shouldnt have institutionslized it. If it were 1:100 or something they might hgave a cause for murmer, but the 1:12 is just madarassa math.

Anything under 1:10 would have no impact on the superior TFTA ghazi. What else did thgey expect?

The pakistan army is battle hardened, equipped with latest americasn weapons, and always giving befitting replies. India is merely catching up with the asian metric system now.

Having been beaten in 1998-99, 1984, 1971, ..., the Indiasn army needs pakistan to be generous and allow for some handicap. Where is the big brother spirit? Why not a 30 mile corridor in pakistan to separate the belligerants? India already has the 3 miles or so, and it has done the situation no good. On the plus side, grass will grow on those 30 miles. Food for everyone.

It should be official SDRE line that as the soviets, and the americans, and the british have found previously -- 1:10 is needed by kufr. India is onlee doing the needful, kindlee.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

This time it was mainly BSF that whipped TFTA with mere mortars.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana wrote:This time it was mainly BSF that whipped TFTA with mere mortars.
That is even worse then. A rag tag bunch of women. They are probably more interested in the TFTA mards. 1:100 is probably needed, with a 15 minute headstart before any replies are permitted.

Islam does not permit any violence against women to begin with. Do you want the SDRE wimmens to disqualify the TFTA of their 72 by using less than even 1:10?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Karan Dixit wrote:I was looking around on Youtube and came across this documentary which details the events of 1999 when Pakistan was gearing up to deploy nuclear weapons against India. The documentary is from an American perspective but it still contains some useful information. Some of you may already have seen it but I am seeing this for the first time.

Fake,
India was within its border all the time.
This will not invite any strike by any country
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

But any armed action by India gives an excuse to RATS to rattle their nuke sabers. You have to see this action keeping in view the compulsion to shout nuke war at the drop of the hat.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Anujan wrote:
partha wrote:So even Hajam Sethi parrots the same line of defence "Pakistan army is already preoccupied with operation in FATA, why would it start firing at LoC?". That makes it 3 Paki "analysts" who have said the same thing in the last week. I'm pretty sure now it is all being choreographed by ISPR.
Pakistanis actually believe that they are right, they have never wished any ill will against India and allegations like Mumbai attacks are a YYY conspiracy. It is willy nilly fueled by sane and insane people. Even sane people, when you talk to them, feel hurt and surprised. I hung out with a Pakistani journalist motorma who sincerely believed that from 2006 onwards India has squandered all Pakistani overtures to peace. The reasons are complex as to why the believe that. I brought up Mumbai attacks for which she seemed to think it was a minor law and order incident. Indians see it as an invasion. Pakistanis see it as "well, another bunch of Hindus/Jews/Ahmadis/Shias were murdered, okay next page in newspaper". This is part of of what contributes to that piskology.
True that. Sometimes when I see their arguments, I really feel it is a hardware problem. Something is wrong with how Allah has wired up their brain (or is it the brain eating amoeba?). Any effort to put sense into them is useless.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 809464.cms
UN ignores Pakistan's bid to seek intervention on Kashmir
UNITED NATIONS: Pakistan's latest efforts seeking UN intervention on the Kashmir issue have failed to draw any new response from the world body which reiterated that India and Pakistan need to resolve all differences through dialogue to find a long-term solution to the dispute.
Ban's deputy spokesperson Farhan Haq, when asked to comment on the letter seeking Ban's intervention and his viewpoint on the issue, told reporters on Monday he would refer to a statement that was issued last week by Ban's spokesperson in which the UN chief encouraged India and Pakistan to resolve all differences through dialogue and engage constructively to find a long-term solution for peace and stability in Kashmir.
Sartaj Aziz's letter was probably used by Ban-Ki-Moon for his Pakistan studies. :rotfl: No response at all! His spokesperson Farhan Haq, a Paki had to read last week's statement. But Pakis being Pakis, without any shame they will continue to try and draw UN's attention.
Paki Farhan Haq seems like he has learned his lesson after 2011 controversy where he issued a statement on violence in Kashmir which was strongly protested by India.
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-un ... ow-1420100
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

So my occasional rambles are actually proving to be right! :)

Disproportionate punishment has caused intense pain where it hurts. I would urge all to be in the look out for news of how PA has lost officers. I am sure that it has happened. That is why the intense anger, pain and bravado and pleadings from PA as well as others in Pakistan. The urgent seeking of UN intervention is also an indication that the usual maai baaps are not willing to intervene or even issue a statement in favor of Pakistan or preach restraint.

Not a work from Riyadh, Beijing or Washington and not even from London. I think it is a testimony to the success of the integrated approach of Indian response. It is a departure from the past in so many ways.

My usual chaiwala friends are stating the same. That an offer was made along with a message when the first meeting happened. The Pakis were also told that this should be taken seriously. As usual, they thought otherwise. Apparently, the political class did convey this to the PA Command, but they were not taken seriously. That such things which happen inside Pakistan is monitored and known to India in itself a good development.

There seems to be in place a strategy to be executed in the event of different scenarios taking place in Pakistan.

I am also told that from a capability perspective, stand off multi-disciplinary, multi-front retribution options viz a viz Pakistan have been identified. A thorough exercise in terms of desired vs actual capability has been completed and an action place is being executed to acquire the difference. I believe that the gap is substantial and it has been highlighted even during the last administration. The go ahead to bridge the gap came in the last months of the UPA, more importantly against China, but it was not proceeding in the pace it should have.

The new government has pressed on the accelerator and it has put in place a thorough review and governance mechanism for key projects and purchases. Hopefully this will be sorted out in the next couple of years in terms of urgent requirements across services. In the meantime, the operational doctrines that are in place now has yielded results when we see the impact that it has had on the latest Pakistani misadventure.

I am of the opinion that this was a big departure in the way Pakistan is going to be handled and Pakistanis have learnt a hard lesson. Well, time will tell if they are capable of learning anything.

Meanwhile, Pakistani Army leaders should think hard now. The next adventure can cause a lot more pain. Not only to the official PA leadership but also the leaders of the terrorist irregular Army of Mohammed (as lat Shri B. Raman used to call) will know that they are now targets. Interestingly the hold of the PA on this irregular Army is also going to be put under tremendous pressure, every time the PA launches a misadventure and gets punished. The funny part is that if the PA does not launch any misadventure, that is all going to be a cause for the irregular Army to turn on their masters to prove that they are the true inheritors of the Jehadi legacy. A case of damned if we do and damned if we don't face the PA leadership.

If the PA is broken, then the one of the main glues that hold the artificial entity called Pakistan will wither away. What happens then is purely the Will of Allah! :)

Just a ramble!
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I don't know why,but it seems to me that it is only the waning pre-Independence gen. of politicos,babudom and displaced Indians that hanker after the 'good old days" when India was undivided. These teary eyed Wagah-wallahs with their candlelight vigils have produced an absolute zero in their peace efforts.At least Neville Chamberlain came back from Munich with a scrap of paper in his hand!

Therefore,we must treat Pak like an Ebola struck nation,to be kept in quarantine forever,that is as long as it lasts or it recants and behaves like a civilised nation.That is a v.long shot indeed.Whenever it exports terror across the border,the fitting reply must be given back X times.Let it squeal like a swine to its patrons from both west and east.India has far more important matters at hand than to pander to Pak and waste its time in producing a celluloid peace .That is a work fit for Bollywood. Dreams for the lost,last generation.They can their backsides seat,popcorn eat and suck at their straws ( pun intended) in the comfort of a cinema theatre,
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Gents,

This engagement is not yet over, not on media or the front. There will be a chapter 2.

The real test of change in GoI to a rational mindset will not be this episode regardless of chapters. It will be the next misadventure.

Let this fall off the media pages. If SoKo can live with NoKo and its bums, thgen India should have no issue facing east for morning ablutions and get on with the rest of the day. Surya namaskar and all.

My 2 grossly devalued paise.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Karan Dixit wrote:I was looking around on Youtube and came across this documentary which details the events of 1999 when Pakistan was gearing up to deploy nuclear weapons against India. The documentary is from an American perspective but it still contains some useful information. Some of you may already have seen it but I am seeing this for the first time.

I dont think Pakees were ready with a nuclear device for attacking India, but then Badmash did not know anything. remember, he was basically forced by TSPA to go to DC and negotiate a settlement. He went with his family? he didnt trust the TSPA one bit. I think Khan just used this "fog of war" to force his hand. If Pakees were really arming nukes, Khan would have quitely taken it out? maybe they took it out eventually at some point..
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

... and a ramble worth taking note, Raja Ram ji!
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

ramana wrote:This time it was mainly BSF that whipped TFTA with mere mortars.
Probably, BSF in chankyan way used expired or near expiry stockpiles on Pakis, so that they could save disposing expenses. :P