Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec

Post by Shreeman »

UlanBatori wrote:Need an enclosed lagoon around it, with an Amazon/Florida-Everglades theme: piranha and crocodiles.
I suppoje a first person shooter/blow-upper game (destrucshun of the poobah island: defense of faith pt. 1*) ij in order first. Wonder if it will become part of primary school kurrikulum. Can the kufr build such a game and then the island aj part of its viral marketing?

*patent pindi.
** think of the merchandising opportunities -- theme park, t-shirts!
*** like volcanic islands, why cant it majically appear at a different coast every now and different din? stay for a while, no lemmings? move on to different continent.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

Post by Peregrine »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote: New wave of articles mention only Haqqanis but not LeT.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/ ... DA20150116
Senior Pakistani government officials told Reuters a formal announcement of the ban would be made "within weeks". {Why the wait?}
No mention of LeT or JuD in that article.
Like the proverbial donkey becoming an ant in the end, the 'leakage' of the GoP ban started with the MFN-like bang and is ending in the same MFN-like whimper. Initially it was all-encompassing JuD, Haqqani and a dozen other terrorist organizations to be banned imminently, then there was a pause with no mainstream Pakistani media carrying this news at all (except Tribune), and now there is talk only of Haqqani and that too after a few weeks.

But, then, how could a service unit of the Pakistani Army be banned?

It is clear that the 'leakage' was to justify the release of USD 250 M by Kerry. This was the first installment of the originally proposed 'civilian aid' by the US with a certification that Pakistan has effectively acted upon the terror tanzeems. When India objected, a drama was enacted by the US and Pakistan together. The second installment of 250 M USD would be released in a few weeks when the ban on the Haqqanis would be formally announced. But, that would come after the visit of Obama to India. There would never be any mention of JuD.
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

The Myth of Civilian Failure
Jan 2015
By Ayesha Siddiqa

http://www.tanqeed.org/2015/01/the-myth ... qMbC6.dpuf
In my work on militancy over the last few years, I frequently heard police officials complain about the interference of the army or the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) every time they arrested a militant. A police officer in Bahawalpur that I spoke to and who was in charge of an operation against JeM, told me that he could not keep its members imprisoned despite the organization’s vocal threats to “flow rivers of blood” through the city.

The police officer, who is a good friend and was posted in Bahawalpur in 2002, also told me that Masood Azhar, the leader and founder of JeM, told the government in charge “not to divert JeM’s attention” away from external jihad to events within the country by trying to arrest them. In 2002, the senior police official had arrested about 35 JeM militants for hijacking and terrorizing a bus driver and his passengers, but was asked to let them go by the security forces. Intriguingly, the matter was only ever reported in Bahawalpur’s local press, and never made it onto the pages of the national media. The story of JeM, and the sustained presence of other militant groups in Punjab, reveals a far more sinister truth about the roots of militancy in Pakistan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sadhana wrote:The Myth of Civilian Failure
By Ayesha Siddiqa
sadhana, thanks for posting. A good read. Raises the same questions regarding the ban of JuD, JeM etc that we raised here.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

US slaps sanctions against Dawood Ibrahim's brother - ToI
The US on Friday slapped sanctions against two Indians, including a brother of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and a Pakistan-based paper company for their ties with D Company.

Designation of two long-time members of D Company, Shaikh Anis Ibrahim Kaskar (Anis Ibrahim), the brother of Dawood Ibrahim, and Aziz Moosa Bilakhia (Bilakhia), comes less than a fortnight before US President Barack Obama's visit ot India.

Anis is known to be involved in narcotics trafficking, extortion, contract killings, and money laundering on behalf of D Company. He is also accused of involvement in the 1993 Mumbai blasts.

The Treasury also targeted Mehran Paper Mill, a Pakistan-based paper company owned or controlled by Ibrahim.

Bilakhia works directly for Anis and Dawood and manages extortion, enforcement, and debt collection activities for D Company.

Bilakhia has been involved with D Company since at least the 1993 Mumbai bombings, for which he is wanted by Indian authorities, the Treasury said in a statement.
Cosmetic to create an impression of determined clamping down of terror directed against India from Pakistan.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Its quite apparent that a "Dog and Pony show" (as they say it in Khan Land) has been arranged to appease the "assertive Indians".

Now that there is "proof" that Bakistan and its four fathers have reined in terror :lol: there will be a demand on India from the FourFathers. Remains to be seen what that would be. Ombaba may probably deliver a bombshell.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Bakistanis doing Anal-ISIS on Obama's visit to kafir India
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion/17 ... ot-charlie
I am not Charlie I Am Paki
Dr/Patient Ejaz Hussain
The terror attack on Charlie Hebdo is undoubtedly tragic, barbaric and condemnable despite the controversial nature and approach of the former. Nevertheless, the Charlie Hebdo incident has raised many questions regarding the role of Islam and Muslims in France, the attitude and response of the French state and society towards Islam and its Muslim population and, importantly, the role of the media and free speech. The following attempts to address such concerns.To begin with, like all religions, Islam does have an added emphasis on social relations. It guides its followers to believe in human dignity in terms of sanctity of life, property, honour and reason. None has the right, in religion, to take someone’s life without due right and the due right is to be ascertained and adjudicated by the state either established by the Muslims themselves or accepted by them as they normally do in Europe or the US. If someone kills someone without due right, such an act has been forcefully admonished by Islam and is thus likened to the killing of the whole of humanity. Here, it becomes pertinent to highlight the significance of reciting God’s name before slaughtering an animal/bird. Muslims, indeed the Jews and Christians too, are religiously required to perform the said ritual so as to symbolically and psychologically realise the fact that a human is not the creator of the life that he has taken. :eek:
Besides providing the principles for social relationships, Islam also lays the basis for political organisation. In this respect, once a state (collective order) is established through the consensus of Muslims, the state has the legal right to defend its citizens along with naturalised or contracted communities. Any breach of the rules of the game will entail due punishment. In the context of seventh century Islam, the nascent Islamic state was constantly under threat at the hands of internal and external actors. Once attacked physically, the Islamic state did resort to military means to defend itself. In this respect, we as Muslims need to go beyond apologia: Islam did require the use of the sword against those immediate addressees of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH,) who denied his prophetology and the oneness of God knowingly and consciously, and this despite the fact that comprehensive argumentation had been completed with them when they still refused to believe in the fundamentals of Islam on account of the negativity of their ego in terms of taking pride in tribal legacy and values grounded mostly in immorality and illogic. More importantly, this practice of God is not specific to the last prophet but was also applicable through selected prophets in the past too. :-? For example, Moses was a chosen messenger who was assigned the task of freeing the children of Israel from the Egyptian pharaoh. The miracles of Moses and the death of the pharaoh and his troops are a case in point. Nevertheless, this principle and practice of God was time bound. After Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his companions, this religious injunction cannot be invoked to justify attacks on any individual or community. Hence, the invocation of it, most recently in France, on the part of certain Muslims — yes Muslims since murdering someone does not makes one non-Muslim — is textually unfounded.
Textually unfounded is also the collective claim of Charlie Hebdo and the like who love to depict and project Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as a terrorist and a polygamous individual. By default, such an approach has internationally dubbed Islam as a religion of barbarism, extremism and terrorism. Indeed, the previous and present edition of Charlie Hebdo in particular and some other western newspapers in general has done no service to the west-based tradition of independent inquiry and objective analysis. To add insult to injury, the publishing of my prophet’s caricature in this week’s edition of Charlie Hebdo is not only ahistorical and atextual but also immoral, inhuman and illogical.
I cannot be a follower and supporter of Charlie Hebdo if it cannot bring forth solid Quranic evidence to its claims. I cannot be Charlie who has misunderstood and misused the otherwise very effective concept and practice of freedom (of speech). I am not Charlie who has violated the concept of social, if not moral, responsibility. How can you claim to be liberal, secular and civilised if you cannot determine the social limits of your actions? Do you think it is socially and culturally wise and acceptable behaviour to emotionally and psychologically hurt hundreds and thousands of your fellow French (Muslims) and more than one billion Muslims around the world? Do you not think your caricatures are a modified version of hate speech? Is bigotry not a crime in this civilised world of yours?Moreover, if Charlie is so liberal and such a staunch believer in free speech, can it exercise its freedom to publically abuse the French, if not the US, president? Can it publically speak or write anything, yes anything, that is termed as anti-Semitism? By the way, can Charlie publically worship Hitler, if not Mussolini, as its hero? Charlie, if you are such a lover of free speech, then please ask your authorities not to charge Dieudonné –a French comedian — for violating free speech in the context of Paris attacks.
In view of the aforementioned, I should be given the choice to post that I am not Charlie who is immoral, illogical and inhumane. Rather, I am a human who believes in human (and animal) dignity, objectivity, harmony and peace. I am a Muslim who believes in Islam logically. I am a conscious follower of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), who helped the needy, married widows, fathered orphans, fed the poor, taught wisdom, informed us of what would happen after his death and who forgave his enemies.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Well what do you know folks, Two Nation Theory is baaack (watch from 10:00 onwards).
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

As expected, the Peshawar school carnage in which the Ununiformed Jihadi’s of the TTP slaughtered the children of the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, has not changed the Mohammadden Terrorist fomenting ways of the Islamic Republic.

The Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Minister for Defence Production tells the Hindustan Times that the Islamic Republic cannot ban the Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) as it is a “charitable organisation” with no “linkages between JuD and LeT”:

Pakistan minister says there’s no reason to ban Hafiz Saeed’s JuD
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Jhujar wrote:http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion/17 ... ot-charlie
Dr/Patient Ejaz Hussain
I am a Muslim who believes in Islam logically. I am a conscious follower of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), who helped the needy, married widows, fathered orphans, fed the poor, taught wisdom, informed us of what would happen after his death and who forgave his enemies.

Isnt this Blasphemy as it is stated that adoption is banned and the Prohpet married the divorced wife of his foster son to show Allah does not recognise adoption.

Should he not be tried under Pakistan's Blasphemy law.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Dr/Patient Ejaz Hussain
To add insult to injury, the publishing of my prophet’s caricature in this week’s edition of Charlie Hebdo is not only ahistorical and atextual but also immoral, inhuman and illogical.
Random and self-righteous stuff like the above just makes me mad enough to say that this fella and his beloved can suck my pipe.

But then I read the below,start a laugh riot, so it's all fine in the end:
I am a conscious follower of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), who helped the needy, married widows, fathered orphans, .......
Marrying widows is now the gold standard of a great deed? What next, marrying a child? :mrgreen:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

LokeshC wrote:Well what do you know folks, Two Nation Theory is back
'World Powers Like India, not Pakistan'
Now, that was the constant theme of ZA Bhutto as well. He used that to needle the US with similar statements.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Dec 16 blackest day in Pakistan’s history: Altaf Hussain - Dawn
Hussain said even after a month had passed, no arrest of the patrons and facilitators was made yet.
So, the new December 16 overshadows the old Decmber 16 blackest day? Or, is this new December 16 act a conspiracy by the TSPA to erase the old one?
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

The constant need for showing themselves as victims is a general Islamic tendency. Bakis have taken it to a whole new level, where they have worn the soosai belt and gather jizzzya from the rest of the world.

I do believe that they will not blow themselves up if the jizya is not provided and the world does not care about them. They will do another 9/11.

What the Bakis are saying is "Like me, or else I will blow myself up and your interests in this region maybe doomed". And by "Like me, I mean keep those billions coming".

Nothing new to us in BRF here, but the fractal recursivity of such things never cease to amaze me. One can peel off the polish and can trace back the Baki demands to very few set of ideas that Djinnah had during independence (I think the interview is in the first post of this thread).

From watching their talk shows (started as an attempt to understand Urdu) it seems to me that they have a bigger problem with lack of self-respect than Indians do. After the initial confusion that it generated in me, it started to make sense to me once I realzed that the Bakis have abandoned their real identity and the people whose identities they seek (fourfathers) refuse to acknowledge the Bakis as one of their own.

Thus Ombaba skipping Bakistan and going to India is discussed to death in their media. If Kerry f@rted in Bakis general direction it would be disseminated with the same vigor. Not because they are genuinely worried about it, they are worried about the deeper question of getting abandoned by a fourfather.

They feel that they will be rootless and powerless orphans once the fourfathers abandon them. It is a deep deep piskological laceration in every Bakis brain.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

May be married widows with fathered orphans!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Paki are going bonker over India's decision to Talak Da Talk with Paki. Forget about ==, its ignored completely. They are pleading Forufathers to ask India restore their H &D by talking. Doval Doctrine is doing its job to glide Paki gladly toward grave .
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Aditya_V wrote:
Jhujar wrote:hIsnt this Blasphemy as it is stated that adoption is banned and the Prohpet married the divorced wife of his foster son to show Allah does not recognise adoption.
Should he not be tried under Pakistan's Blasphemy law.
See,Billionaire founder of DHL did all which Prophet did. There is huge lawsuit and dispute about his
wealth,slaves and property etc.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 115566.cms
Pakistan developing sea-based nuclear-arms
ISLAMABAD/WASHINGTON: Pakistan is developing sea-based missiles and expanding its interest in tactical nuclear warheads to give it a "second-strike" capability if a catastrophic nuclear attack destroyed all its land-based weapons, according to a media report on Sunday.

The next step of Pakistan's strategy includes an effort to develop nuclear warheads suitable for deployment from the Indian Ocean, either from warships or from one of the country's five diesel-powered navy submarines, The Washington Post reported quoting Pakistani and Western analysts.{This is hogwash for a warship based missile is vulnerable to first strike more than a land based one while I don't see how a missile of sufficient range can be fitted on to a diesel sub. Not to mention Bakis ZERO knowledge in building either a sub launched missile or to fit a missile into its existing subs, warships. There are other logical flaws too.}

In a sign of that ambition, Pakistan in 2012 created the Naval Strategic Force command, which is similar to the air force and army commands that oversee nuclear weapons. "We are on our way, and my own hunch is within a year or so, we should be developing our second-strike capability," the paper quoted Shireen M Mazari, a nuclear expert and the former director of the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad, a Pakistani government-funded thinktank.{She morphs into whatever role that she is required to play. I think this is signalling from the BakMil to India.}

Instead of working to enhance the range of its missiles, Pakistan is developing shorter-range cruise missiles that fly lower to the ground and can evade ballistic missile defences, analysts said. Pakistan has repeatedly tested its indigenously produced, nuclear-capable, Babur cruise missile, which has a range of 640km and can strike targets at land and sea, military officials said.

In 2011 and last year, Pakistan also tested a new tactical, nuclear-capable, battlefield missile that has a range of just 60km. "This is the miniaturization of warheads," said Mansoor Ahmed, a strategic studies and nuclear expert at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad.

Pakistan's nuclear push comes amid heightened tension with US intelligence and congressional officials over the security of the country's nuclear weapons and materials, the Post said. The paper reported in September 2013 that US intelligence officials had increased surveillance of Pakistan in part because of concerns that nuclear materials could fall into the hands of terrorists.
So either this is to coerce the Americans on new Baki demands wrt Kashmir, India,etc or we are on the cusp of a wholesale transfer of Sub and missile from China.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

doubt gotus will do it. It has to be their all weather friend
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

^^ Coming soon PeNiS Aurangzeb equipped with "newclear" capable "missile" Taimur.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan's fourth nuclear reactor at Khushab now appears operational - ToI
Pakistan's fourth heavy water reactor at Khushab nuclear site which allows it to build a larger number of miniaturised plutonium-based nuclear weapons now appears to be operational, a US think-tank has said.

The reactor is part of Pakistan's programme to increase the production of weapons-grade plutonium.

"A recently purchased Digital Globe high resolution satellite image dated January 15, 2015 shows that Khushab's fourth reactor's external construction is complete and has become operational," David Albright and Serena Kelleher-Vergantini of the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) said on Friday.

"This assessment is based on the presence of a very specific signature: steam is venting from the reactor's cooling system," he said.

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is increasing at a pace faster than any other country and now is reported to have more nuclear weapons than that of India.

Albright and his co-author said Pakistan's Khushab nuclear site, located 200 kilometres south of Islamabad, is dedicated to the production of plutonium for nuclear weapons.

"Its expansion appears to be part of an effort to increase the production of weapons-grade plutonium, allowing Pakistan to build a larger number of miniaturized plutonium-based nuclear weapons that can complement its existing highly enriched uranium nuclear weapons," they wrote.

"Originally, the site consisted of a heavy water production plant and an estimated 50 megawatt-thermal (MWth) heavy water reactor, both of which became operational in the 1990s. However, Pakistan initiated the construction of a second heavy water reactor between the year 2000 and 2002, a third one in 2006, and a fourth one in 2011," they said.

Noting that Pakistan has never provided public information regarding any of the Khushab reactors, Albright and Kelleher-Vergantini said terefore, the power output can only be estimated.

ISIS estimates the power of the original heavy water reactor to be about 50 MWth while reactors 2, 3, and 4 are believed to generate double or more the power of the first one, and are thus capable of producing more than double the amount of weapon-grade plutonium per year.

A technical consultant to ISIS with years of experience in heavy water reactors assessed for ISIS that the power of these newer heavy water reactors is likely to be larger than the first one and that over time their power could be further increased.

The increase in power can be accomplished by using more advanced fuel or adding heat removal capacity, they wrote.
These extra reactors may have been grandfathered under a non-existent contract by the Chinese but how can they be outside the purview of IAEA?
member_28921
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28921 »

pankajs wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 115566.cms
Pakistan developing sea-based nuclear-arms
ISLAMABAD/WASHINGTON: Pakistan is developing sea-based missiles and expanding its interest in tactical nuclear warheads to give it a "second-strike" capability if a catastrophic nuclear attack destroyed all its land-based weapons, according to a media report on Sunday.

The next step of Pakistan's strategy includes an effort to develop nuclear warheads suitable for deployment from the Indian Ocean, either from warships or from one of the country's five diesel-powered navy submarines, The Washington Post reported quoting Pakistani and Western analysts.{This is hogwash for a warship based missile is vulnerable to first strike more than a land based one while I don't see how a missile of sufficient range can be fitted on to a diesel sub. Not to mention Bakis ZERO knowledge in building either a sub launched missile or to fit a missile into its existing subs, warships. There are other logical flaws too.}

In a sign of that ambition, Pakistan in 2012 created the Naval Strategic Force command, which is similar to the air force and army commands that oversee nuclear weapons. "We are on our way, and my own hunch is within a year or so, we should be developing our second-strike capability," the paper quoted Shireen M Mazari, a nuclear expert and the former director of the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad, a Pakistani government-funded thinktank.{She morphs into whatever role that she is required to play. I think this is signalling from the BakMil to India.}

Instead of working to enhance the range of its missiles, Pakistan is developing shorter-range cruise missiles that fly lower to the ground and can evade ballistic missile defences, analysts said. Pakistan has repeatedly tested its indigenously produced, nuclear-capable, Babur cruise missile, which has a range of 640km and can strike targets at land and sea, military officials said.

In 2011 and last year, Pakistan also tested a new tactical, nuclear-capable, battlefield missile that has a range of just 60km. "This is the miniaturization of warheads," said Mansoor Ahmed, a strategic studies and nuclear expert at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad.

Pakistan's nuclear push comes amid heightened tension with US intelligence and congressional officials over the security of the country's nuclear weapons and materials, the Post said. The paper reported in September 2013 that US intelligence officials had increased surveillance of Pakistan in part because of concerns that nuclear materials could fall into the hands of terrorists.
So either this is to coerce the Americans on new Baki demands wrt Kashmir, India,etc or we are on the cusp of a wholesale transfer of Sub and missile from China.
We can only hope they get the know-how to make submarines and start laying down boats and match India sub for sub. India's tender for 6 conventional submarines is worth $8 billion, going by media reports. But money shouldn't stand in way of national honour, and I am sure Pakistan will find the necessary cash to fund this - and the resources required to defend these strategic assets from the other strategic assets.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Dr/Patient Ejaz Hussain
In this respect, we as Muslims need to go beyond apologia: Islam did require the use of the sword against those immediate addressees of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH,) who denied his prophetology and the oneness of God knowingly and consciously, and this despite the fact that comprehensive argumentation had been completed with them when they still refused to believe in the fundamentals of Islam on account of the negativity of their ego in terms of taking pride in tribal legacy and values grounded mostly in immorality and illogic.
A rabid brain dead Mullah displaying full Bakiness. 'Comprehensive argumentation'?? Lol. Their so called prophet was nothing more than an illiterate idiot blinded by lust & want of violence and induced the same to others creating a violent perverted cult that numbers more than 2 billion today. To call it a tribal violent cult is an insult to all tribal violent cults of the world.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^From Ayesha Siddiqa's article:
Relations with India are not at their best. Indeed, the very same General Raheel Sharif who has been reported as the man who will clean up the mess created by his institution may be less willing to change the equation with New Delhi. Lest we forget, his elder brother Shabbir Shareef died fighting India in the 1965 war. Though his brother’s death need not deter him from seeking better relations with India, public voices known to be close to the army seem to be singing the same tune they have for years. - See more at: http://www.tanqeed.org/2015/01/the-myth ... mUCLt.dpuf
Is that right? Wiki says he died Dec 6, 1971:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbir_Sharif

Here is their hagiography of Shabbir Sharif:
https://web.archive.org/web/20091027074 ... harif.html
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Gagan wrote:Bakistanis doing Anal-ISIS on Obama's visit to kafir India
PYT in video depiction, open video and all males doing bakwaas.
Somebody put a fatwa on Gaganullah for this betrayal. :cry:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

listen to the one word he uses at the end of the video....
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30853304
While the British authorities can't see what they could charge the Baloch separatists with, the Pakistanis are reluctant to give up the MQM suspects. For as long as they remain in ISI custody, they provide the army with a valuable lever over the MQM's parliamentary bloc.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Pakistanis show solidarity with Charlie Hebdo (attackers)

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

All India needs to do is drop three planeloads of those Hebdo cartoons on Karachi, Islumabad and Lahore and watch the cities tear themselves apart.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

India harassing our national airline: Pak
Pakistan has alleged that its national carrier PIA is being harassed by Indian authorities for "illegal" purchase of properties in violation of RBI guidelines in an attempt, it said, meant to force PIA to shut its India operations and prevent people to people contacts.

The properties in question, 4 flats on Barakhamba Road, house the main PIA office in India. After it was served a notice by both RBI and ED, PIA has now replied saying that the flats, along with parking plots, were purchased in 2005 as per the Foreign Exchange Management (Acquisition and Transfer of Immovable Property in India) Regulations and that a declaration of the acquisition was filed with RBI within the stipulated 90 days.

This, PIA claims, was even acknowledged by RBI then. The same declaration was made by Citibank through which the payment for the properties was made. PIA has asked RBI and ED to immediately withdraw their notices "in larger interests of people from both countries'' saying these were hampering its operations here.

...Pakistan officials said that the visa of PIA's chief here had not been extended and that even his mobile phone had been disconnected by indian authorities. "It reflects a malafide intent to stop PIA operation and cause a blow to people to people contact. If PIA shuts down, people in northern India may still travel to Pakistan through Wagah but it will greatly inconvenience those in other parts of the country," said a Pakistan official.

PIA and Pakistan government officials are wondering as to why this issue of violation of RBI guidelines? has come up only 10 years after the purchase of the flats. The obvious inference on their part is that the development may be related to the change of dispensation in India with the Narendra Modi led government taking a more hardline position on issues related to Pakistan.

The first notice to PIA was sent in November 2014. Indian government officials said they had nothing to do with the notice to PIA. According to Indian officials, it is Pakistan which has consistently glossed over the significance of connectivity and better people to people ties by not fulfilling its promise to grant India non discriminatory market access, in return for India's MFN status to Pakistan, and open Wagah border for trade.

Indian officials said it was Pakistan which had delayed the signing of a motor vehicles agreement which would have facilitated free movement of commercial vehicles across Saarc countries.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Karan M wrote:All India needs to do is drop three planeloads of those Hebdo cartoons on Karachi, Islumabad and Lahore and watch the cities tear themselves apart.
:mrgreen:

The famous care and concern for the well-being of Pakistanis, that is the trademark of BRF.
member_28911
BRFite

Post by member_28911 »

PCB tells Pakistan players: No discussion on religion or Indo-Pak relations during World Cup
By: Press Trust of India | Karachi | Posted: January 16, 2015 10:23 pm
The World Cup bound Pakistan team has been told to strictly avoid any discussions on religion, politics or Indo-Pak relations not only during their opening match against India but also in the other games of the quadrennial mega-event.

A senior official in the board said Chairman Shaharyar Khan in a meeting with the players had made it very clear that no sort of indiscipline or violation of the code of conduct would be tolerated in the World Cup.

“Shaharyar made it clear that the players must not speak on religious, political or Indo-Pak relations during interactions with the media and also avoid these issues even in banter on the field,” the official said.

He said the caution was given in light of the unwanted controversy that developed last year when a video was uploaded on a video sharing website showing Pakistani batsman, Ahmed Shehzad talking about religion to Sri Lanka’s Tillekaratne Dilshan when the two of them were coming out of the field.

“The PCB chief said that before the match with India even during media conferences or interactions if anyone put questions relating to religion or Indo-Pak political ties the players must decline to answer and instead refer it to the manager or media manager,” he said.

He said the players had been told to also seek permission of the manager before entertaining or meeting any person on the tour and to also explicitly not to speak to any strangers.

“The players have been told that even if some media outlet contacts them directly for any purpose they should just tell them to talk to the manager and not indulge even in any informal discussion on telephone or in person,” he said.

The official said that the players were reminded of their responsibilities under the code of conduct and as ambassadors of the country.

Another source said the players had also been advised to avoid making any signs or gestures in the match against India which could inflame sentiments of the spectators.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

^^
But don't you think Pakis wil lose the match unless they begin every sentence with B-u-R-u-R?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anindya, to me that looks like Paki's begging India not to harass them anymore.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Karan M wrote:All India needs to do is drop three planeloads of those Hebdo cartoons on Karachi, Islumabad and Lahore and watch the cities tear themselves apart.
:D Exploitation of such dumb emotional rage is what the west has been doing so far. We should start doing it too, help them on their way to more Islam
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Hello, Ra's al Ghul....hello?