India - South & North Korea Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: India - South & North Korea Thread

Post by Kashi »

Case 1: If NoKo invades, they'll unlikely get beyond Paju. SoKo will be in Kaesong before that. SoKo military is no pushover and far better equipped than NoKo, especially on the border. Plus all SoKo civvies undergo 2-3 years of compulsory military service. Once the conflict breaks out, US, PRC and Russia will quickly get involved and it'll be throwback to 1953 and the two sides will revert to their positions along the 38th parallel.
Japan will watch warily from the sidelines and ponder over the implications.

Case 2: SoKo would definitely like it because it benefits them the most. But will not happen, because it would mean an end to Kim dynasty. Moreover, if Kim Jong Un attempts to do such a thing, he'll probably be assassinated and a new leader will take over. Could very well be his sister. PRC, Russia will oppose for obvious reasons.

Case 3: Unlikely, because it would mean SoKo will have to foot the bill on uplifting the impoverished North. China will not spend a penny- they have spent nothing so far to uplift their close ally North, why would the do now, neither will cash-strapped Europe. Russia has no money to give anyway. Japan will watch warily from the sidelines and ponder over the implications.

Case 4: The most likely if the past is anything to go by. There will be talks, public shows like Pyeongchang, some aid, gradual easing of sanctions and back to square one. Interestingly, all parties from US to Russia will prefer this outcome.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

1M is not even peanuts today for dictators. You cannot buy an apartment in NY or SFO for that, and probably not in Kim Il Sung City either.
Try 6B. But todin's $60B Trumptariffs against cheen and 700-point Dowdrop are very interesting developments. Dang! And I thought the danger had passed.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

UlanBatori wrote:1M is not even peanuts today for dictators. You cannot buy an apartment in NY or SFO for that, and probably not in Kim Il Sung City either.
Try 6B. But todin's $60B Trumptariffs against cheen and 700-point Dowdrop are very interesting developments. Dang! And I thought the danger had passed.
i know 1 mil is nothing even in the steppes of Mongolia now a days. but the orange one keeps claiming thats all he had to start his empire.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That's like the story I heard about how Baron Rotschild III got started in his fortune:
His father used to give him a few cents every day to buy his lunch, so he saved enough until he could buy an additional apple one day. He took it to school and sold that at 100% profit to some kid who didn't like the lunch that he had brought. So next day he could buy two apples, and sold them to 2 kids. and he kept this up and put away his savings for a couple of years, watching it grow. Then his grandfather the Baron died and left him $800 Million.

Same with Orangehead I think.

Since he appointed Dolt-on to NSA I am withdrawing my support to him. Very disappointing. Then again, look on the bright side: Dolt-on is going to get fired again!!! :rotfl: Maybe 1 month.

Should send him to the UNSC so he can enjoy dealing with the Cheen who are now officially mad. Promised retaliation, no this-that warning this time. Being a US bijnej-person in cheen is going to get rather unpleasant I think. NoKo may seem like a welcoming place by comparison.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Pompeo as SOS was the first sign that the Bush era neocon ideas were making a comeback. Now Dolt-on by his very presence confirms that it is the Bush era neocons themselves who are making a comeback!

Kelly and Mattis are too mired in the US military culture of total deference to the Commander in Chief to let any personal views get in the way of following Orangehead's orders. Remember al-Quolin lying to the UN about mobile WMD labs, etc.

Another US war on foreign soil is definitely coming. I don't think it will be NoKo though.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Rudradev wrote:Another US war on foreign soil is definitely coming. I don't think it will be NoKo though.
Where do you suggest they can and may realistically intervene?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I don't know yet. I do not see it happening on the Korean peninsula for many reasons.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

UlanBatori wrote:1M is not even peanuts today for dictators. You cannot buy an apartment in NY or SFO for that, and probably not in Kim Il Sung City either.
Why all these TFTA places, try seeing what USD 1 million gets you in South Mumbai or Gurugram etc, hell there are Apartments sold at that rate in SDRE of SDRE places like Chennai.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

For once, CNN seems to "get" it:
Tariffs show Naranja Bandar doesn't want China's help with North Korea
But other cheen outlets are shriller
Trump Is Sabotaging His Shot at a Peaceful North Korea Solution
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

NoKo no NuKo? Armored train going into Cheen etc. Like PLA convoys going up Karakoram Hwy in 2002?

Why would Kim Thin One travel on a train to Beijing? It's 2 hours across the water by air, so about 1100 miles. Around the water it must be 1500 miles. Armored train was obviously carrying something else.
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

UlanBatori wrote:NoKo no NuKo? Armored train going into Cheen etc. Like PLA convoys going up Karakoram Hwy in 2002?

Why would Kim Thin One travel on a train to Beijing? It's 2 hours across the water by air, so about 1100 miles. Around the water it must be 1500 miles. Armored train was obviously carrying something else.
Or bring something back or both....
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Like his father , Kim The Thin is known to have phobia for Travelling by water and sea.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The bugger has traveled to Argentina and other countries, so no phobia for air as long as the flt attendants are from the Olympic cheerleader squad. Train choice makes no sense for security: its gives 2 days notice to wire the dynamite under the bridges. Apparently the 90-car train moves at 37mph: clearly a nuke-transporter.
Pig on the way! ETA 48 hrs.
Besides, being on the road for that long leaves a tempting power vacuum in Le Palais de Pyongyang. Nah! Its the nukes being taken back to Gobi Desert.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is why I am 103.29% sure that SoKo is also paying $4B for the THAAD mijjile system
Maybe as the Anchor Tenants or Pilot Customer they get a better deal than following countries. Then again, I wonder if any of the ppl claiming that the US gives these weapon systems away free to Al_lies, has any experience of directly negotiating with the GOTUS. Do they give away stuff for free? I know 3 examples: 1) They gave away 2 Set-Top Digital Converters free so that cheapos in Ulan Bator did not have to buy digital TV and get cable etc. Still use those with CRT TV, quite happy. Ours is only 18 years old, still so young. Second one is sitting upstairs with the "spare" TV which has probably died.
2) Long time back they gave away a loaf of cheese to each family. Maybe two loaves.Part of price support boondoggle. Good cheese too!
3) There was a tax refund under Dubya. Not bad.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

It ain't over till the fat (lady) sings or the Thin One fa*ts.
North Korea preparing for new nuclear test after activity seen at underground tunnel, warns Japan. It comes just two days after it was announced that North and South Korea will hold their first summit in more than a decade
I think Kim Thin One is preparing the Glowing Banquet Hall for the US negotiators to dine in the ambience of North Korean New Clear supremacy.
Japan's Foreign Minister Taro Kono said: "Ah SO!! [North Korea] is doing everything possible to prepare for the next nuclear test: it is currently extracting earth from an underground tunnel where the previous test was carried out". Earlier, the minister stated that North Korea "does not reveal its intentions to the outside world in terms of denuclearization."
Have a heart. The tunnel collapsed: maybe Thin One has allowed relatives to dig out the glowing remains of their loved ones.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

UlanBatori wrote:This is why I am 103.29% sure that SoKo is also paying $4B for the THAAD mijjile system
Maybe as the Anchor Tenants or Pilot Customer they get a better deal than following countries. Then again, I wonder if any of the ppl claiming that the US gives these weapon systems away free to Al_lies, has any experience of directly negotiating with the GOTUS. Do they give away stuff for free? I know 3 examples: 1) They gave away 2 Set-Top Digital Converters free so that cheapos in Ulan Bator did not have to buy digital TV and get cable etc. Still use those with CRT TV, quite happy. Ours is only 18 years old, still so young. Second one is sitting upstairs with the "spare" TV which has probably died.
2) Long time back they gave away a loaf of cheese to each family. Maybe two loaves.Part of price support boondoggle. Good cheese too!
3) There was a tax refund under Dubya. Not bad.
US doesn't do cheap stuff like upsell for few dollars. They extract benefits in a massive way. By having saudi's back petrodollar they ensured they got trillions of dollars in benefits for a military alliance with saudi. Thats why I used to LMAO here at posters who were hoping trump would align with putin and destroy saudi. They got multiple returns of marshall aid - how ? simple, second world war destroyed 50% of western europe manufacturing base. US companies like GE just have to name their price for everything from washing machines to toasters and europe had to cough up. In addition historically europe provided capital and human resources in a massive way to USA.

Coming to asia US really has no reason to have bases here other than pax americana. So US pays for those bases as asian countries were nice enough to host them.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Coming to asia US really has no reason to have bases here other than pax americana. So US pays for those bases as asian countries were nice enough to host them.
Kiranji, I agreed with all your points on Marshall and Saudi, but here your train of logic ran out of steam and cannot make it up the hill of clear perspective where my sense sits :) The same ppl who saw how to milk Oirope and KSA and "reconstruct" Vietnam and Iraq would not have done anything for "no reason other than Pax" anything. Pax is bad, unless it can also be milked much more than a good standoff war. Things looked pretty good for a time in Asia with the cheen-soviet standoff at Ussuri river (12,000 tactical nukes looking at each other) and india-pak and across the Taiwan Straits but then have gone very badly downhill. The Protection Racket is ingrained in policy-making.

Imagine if Korea had been allowed to fall under the Domino Theory. Japan would be either in ruins as well, or spending 50% of its GDP back on defense. What a bonus for US goods, starting with tactical nukes! So Pax has to beat that as a bijinej plan.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

UlanBatori wrote:
Kiranji, I agreed with all your points on Marshall and Saudi, but here your train of logic ran out of steam and cannot make it up the hill of clear perspective where my sense sits :) The same ppl who saw how to milk Oirope and KSA and "reconstruct" Vietnam and Iraq would not have done anything for "no reason other than Pax" anything. Pax is bad, unless it can also be milked much more than a good standoff war. Things looked pretty good for a time in Asia with the cheen-soviet standoff at Ussuri river (12,000 tactical nukes looking at each other) and india-pak and across the Taiwan Straits but then have gone very badly downhill. The Protection Racket is ingrained in policy-making.

Imagine if Korea had been allowed to fall under the Domino Theory. Japan would be either in ruins as well, or spending 50% of its GDP back on defense. What a bonus for US goods, starting with tactical nukes! So Pax has to beat that as a bijinej plan.
Ha ha ..its more like my typing which stopped rather than train of logic. Anyway I restarted :D .

Domino theory has failed with Vietnam. Initially (that is after ww 2) USA was in asia on ideological grounds not to create markets. it couldn't run a trade surplus even with Japan a country it occupied. Asian countries neither have cultural affinity like europe nor concentrated resources like oil or minerals like mid-east and africa. Korea is unique - the problem with north korea is its obsessive hatred with south korea and their leadership - not its communism. If not for its numerous assasination attempts on ROK leadership koreas would have made peace long ago. This gave USa a military opening not an economic one.

USA bases in asia primarly enhance US role in world and make US attractive for countries like saudi (where real profits lie) seek alliance with US.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Now SoKo is sending houris over to NoKo, after NoKo Houris' invasion of South.
This is fascinating.

Is there any precedent in history where teenaged girls did the diplomacy and ended a feud between nations, rendering the grumpy macho jarnails and stuffed-shirt diplo-mutts stranded and irrelevant? The speed at which this is occurring is amazing. It's like the young people of both countries are telling the old-timers to take their memories and hate and stuff it u-no-where.

UBCN stock market predictions based on detailed military-political anal-e-sys most certainly did not anticipate this. Aircraft carriers, yes. ICBMs, yes. Wimmens, no. :eek:
The chart-topping starlets will perform Sunday with 10 other South Korean music groups at the first of two concerts this week in Pyongyang. ..As they belt out their dance tunes “Red Flavor” and “Bad Boy” to about 1,500 members of the North Korean elite at the East Pyongyang Grand Theater tonight, Red Velvet will be hoping for a less frosty reception than those that have gone before them.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Kim Thin One claps along to teen concert
There is hope here. I can see Trump, Kim, Moon and Eleven dancing around Barney the Dinosaur singing:
I luv u, u luv me, v'r a happy familee!
or The Six-Party Talks
Lound and lound we go alound the Murbelly Tlee!
The Murbelly tlee, the Murbelly tlee!
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

kiranA wrote: If not for its numerous assasination attempts on ROK leadership koreas would have made peace long ago.
The last assassination attempt on a SoKo president that was attempted by North was way back in 1968. The two Koreas have made numerous attempts to "make peace" as you put it, but the attempts always peter out within weeks if not days- they never seem to go beyond a certain level anyway. The reason is that both the Koreas prefer it that way.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lovefest continues.. .

But they managed to censor their own PR.. . :roll:
North Korea’s national intelligence chief Kim Yong-chol apologized Monday morning to South Korean reporters for restricting their coverage during the concert. He explained that there was "confusion" regarding the event and asked for their understanding, an unusual apologetic gesture for a high-level North Korean official heading for the Starved-and-Athletic Dog Feeding Performance.
The show’s lineup also included a variety of slow-tempo songs that were chosen to please the North Korean audience. Those in the audience sang "Let’s meet again" and "Our wish is unification," a song about reunification of the two Koreas, together with the South Korean performers at the concert's finale.
Reminds me of the Coca Cola Commercial with the whole gang swaying and singing by candlelight: It was lovely!
I'd like to teach
the world to sing
In perfect har-money..

I'd like to buy
the world a Coke
To profit my companeeee!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Here it is. U saw it on UBCN first.
China commends NoKo's de-nuclearization.
won a pledge from Kim to denuclearize the peninsula during a meeting with President Xi Jinping.
That was quick. DT called Eleven's bluff and imposed tough trade tariffs. Eleven called in KimYoungOne and told him to bring his golas with him on the train, or no golas, literally. As UBCN reported, nukes are back in cheen.

Now the Orangeutan takes credit for bringing Biss. Eleven takes credit for getting "pledge from NoKo". Cheen weppuns taken back like Baki weppuns to end Parakram.

SoKo sends houris to NoKo, and vice versa.

And US withdraws 3 carrier groups and sells out Japan and Splatry islands etc. :roll:
Now US-cheen will be bhai-bhai and withdraw tariffs and ishtok bajaar will zoom by end of October and donkeys will be shafted in elections again. Back to normal. :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Is this an isolated incident, or is this a new attitude of Koreans towards the behavior of Americans?
(Also, the wimmens shaking her ample butt is not African-American, looks very British-American ass). :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

More peacenik pressure on SoKo. Hanwa described as totally unethical etc.
“There are plenty of great things you can do with AI that save lives, including in a military context, but to openly declare the goal is to develop autonomous weapons and have a partner like this sparks huge concern,” said Toby Walsh, the organiser of the boycott and a professor at the University of New South Wales. “This is a very respected university partnering with a very ethically dubious partner that continues to violate international norms.”

The boycott comes ahead of a United Nations meeting in Geneva next week on autonomous weapons, and more than 20 countries have already called for a total ban on killer robots. The use of AI in militaries around the world has sparked fears of a Terminator-like situation and questions have been raised about the accuracy of such weapons and their ability to distinguish friend from foe.

Hanwha is one of South Korea’s largest weapons manufacturers, and makes cluster munitions which are banned in 120 countries under an international treaty. South Korea, along with the US, Russia and China, are not signatories to the convention.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Abraham M. Denmark

Verified account

@AbeDenmark
3h3 hours ago
More
NK asked the US to:

1) remove nuke & strategic assets from SK,

2) stop the deployment of nuke & strategic assets during exercises,

3) guarantee it will not attack,

4) convert the armistice into a peace treaty and normalize diplomatic relations.

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_ ... 40509.html

On Apr. 11, multiple sources in Washington, D.C. who are familiar with the current state of North Korea and the US discussion about the summit said that during a recent meeting with the US, North Korea asked the US to remove its nuclear and strategic assets from South Korea, stop the deployment of nuclear and strategic assets during joint military exercises with the South, guarantee that it will not make a conventional or nuclear attack, convert the armistice agreement into a peace treaty and normalize diplomatic relations.

During this meeting, North Korea reportedly did not ask for the withdrawal of American troops from the Korean Peninsula and indicated that it would not do so in the future either if the security of its regime was guaranteed. The prediction has been made in some quarters that the North would ask for the removal of American troops as a way to guarantee the regime’s security.

“North Korea clearly stated its commitment to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and it made clear that it has no reason to possess nuclear weapons if the military threat to the North is resolved and the regime’s security is guaranteed,” said Chung Eui-yong, director of the Blue House National Security Office and the head of a special delegation to the North, in a statement to the press on Apr. 6 following his meeting with Kim Jong-un. This has caused attention to focus on how the military threat can be resolved and the regime’s security guaranteed, as North Korea has requested.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Breaking at RT.com:

North Korea shuts down test and missile sites, ends nuclear program. "Mission Complete".
North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile programs have allowed it to secure strategic stability and peace, so there is no need for additional missile and nuclear tests anymore, Kim Jong-un has proclaimed.

"From April 21, 2018, nuclear tests and intercontinental ballistic missile tests will be discontinued," the Korean Central News Agency cited Kim as saying at a plenary meeting of the central committee of the ruling Worker's Party of Korea (WPK).

Furthermore, since North Korea's nuclear test center has "completed" its mission, it "will be discarded in order to ensure the transparency of the nuclear test suspension," KCNA reported.

Announcing the new course, the ruling party has declared that North Korea "will never use nuclear weapons, unless there is nuclear threat or nuclear provocation to our country, and in no case we will proliferate nuclear weapons and nuclear technology." :(( {Bridge available for cash purchase, 1-user-like new, pls contact Ulan Bator Conspiracy-News onlee}

In the announcement, North Korea noted that the "suspension of nuclear testing is an important process for global nuclear disarmament." Therefore, North Korea is willing to join international denuclearization efforts.

North Korea's last major missile test took place on November 29. Pyongyang announced at the time that it had tested a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile known as the Hwasong-15 that could reach the entire continental United States.

US President Donald Trump, who has traded insults and threats with Kim since taking office, tweeted that the latest decision by Pyongyang is "good news for North Korea and the world," calling it "big progress."

North Korea has agreed to suspend all Nuclear Tests and close up a major test site. This is very good news for North Korea and the World - big progress! Look forward to our Summit.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 20, 2018
Looks like Orange-utan ceded recognition to Kim Thin One as a new clear state.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gee! Most sensational news of the last 30 years and people don't even give a yawn.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Man!! after reading the last 4-5 pages, I was almost convinced that Operation Kim-tchi was going to happen. I had order a large bowl of popcorn with extra butter. Getting ready for the show. I slowly tried to convince myself that ungle may be pushing back on G-2. Looks like not. Whatever, baby-Keem exported, returned, imported, or borrowed in that green train, followed by meeting with Love-rove, has make baby-Keem talk some adult sense.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think trade war is what did it. 50:1 disadvantage for cheen, and when they saw that Orangeutan would go ahead with the trade war, they loaded KimThinOne and the loaned mijjiles and nukes onto the same train, brought him to Beijing and asked if he wanted to go north to the Gobi or back to Pyongyang.
Toy factories shut down, playrooms dismantled.

**For now at least*** See cheen anger in voting with Russia against the Gang of Three in UNSC. Usually they only abstain.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Timley book review in Orbis
Explaining North Korea: A “Guerilla Dynasty,” but where does it go from here?

Benjamin Katzeff Silberstein

Spring 2018

Benjamin Katzeff Silberstein is an Associate Scholar with the Foreign Policy Research Institute, focusing primarily on the Korean Peninsula and East Asian region.

What really drives North Korea? This question often gets lost in current debates and analyses of that country. Focuses usually range from whether North Korea is a rational actor to careful evaluation of the personality of its leader, Kim Jong-un, based on limited information. But the North Korean regime does not lend itself to simple or binary analytical frameworks.

Given the current centrality of North Korea to much of world politics, the release of the second edition of Adrian Buzo’s Guerilla Dynasty could hardly be more timely. First published in 1999, it argues that North Korea’s strategy and behavior rest on an historical foundation of the worldview of its founders. North Korea’s “militarism, isolation, extreme centralization and mobilization, personal autocracy, cult of personality leadership and hereditary succession” are all traits based in the early political experiences of North Korea’s founding elite. Buzo explains the behavior of the North Korean state, both in foreign and domestic policy, through two historical roots.

The first is the anti-Japanese guerilla warfare of its first president, the “Great Leader” Kim Il-sung (1912–1994), and his loyal band of guerilla fighters in Manchuria in the 1930s. This experience, Buzo argues, instilled in North Korea’s first rulers a belief that independence and military strength are the goals above all others in politics. This view holds true whether it be to protect from overbearing allies such as the Soviet Union (during the Cold War) and China (still today), or from adversaries such as the United States and South Korea.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I have not read it, but UBCN analysis is (NOTE: THIS IS AN EMPATHETIC POV, which is what is missing from most "analyses" that pay obeisance to the "establishment"!!)

that NoKo is a country run by patriots who recognize that strength is the only form of security that matters. The alternative is genocide and slavery. That's what they learned pre-Japan, pre-WW2, and post WW2 and from the "Korean UN Police Action" and the subsequent 6.5 decades.

Their history and evolution is a textbook case of a small but determined people trying to maintain their civilization, culture and way of life, while ***EVERYONE*** around them is trying to ovewhelm them. Look at the list:
Japan: colonialist imperialist racial suprematic rapists.
Russia: ditto in the racist part. I don't know if there is a history of successful Russian invasion of Korea, but they surely must have tried.
US: (ditto but add genocide: 1 million-plus dead and all cities and tows razed with carpet-bombing, and probably zillions of sexual horror and slavery, are not really different from "genocide" unless one is deliberately dishonest about it).
UN: Running Dogs of the Imperialists is a very accurate description from NoKo pov.
SoKo: Traitorous scum who chose corruption and ultimately slavery, race-dilution and cultural destruction.
Xtian Conversionists: See SoKo, and NoKo will say "Q.E.D." The only time I remember the Taliban getting sympathy in East Asia is when they executed a bunch of SoKo "Missionaries" in Afghanistan: SoKo people positively cheered.

So what about the Evil Dictatorship? How else do you protect nationalism when the enemy starves your people and government, but promises food to the starving population in exchange for complete disarmament leading to slavery? Is it any different from the picture of the Ottoman Official dangling a piece of bread to taunt starving Armenian children in Deir Ez Zor during that Genocide?

50 years from now, Kim Thin One may be celebrated as the Hero who brought Korea through the dark days to a future of united nationalist excellence, resisting all threats. Moon may be relegated to the dustbin as a Gorbachev.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB, Add the conquest of North Korea b the South in the 16th century which unified the Korean peninsula. Till that time, the two regions had evolved separately. I will find a link.

In one way the Soviet Union invasion allowed the North Korea to assert separate identity.

I don't think they want a unified Korean peninsula.
Due to the better economy of South Korea it will be the 16th century redux for North Korea.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

UlanBatori wrote:I have not read it, but UBCN analysis is (NOTE: THIS IS AN EMPATHETIC POV, which is what is missing from most "analyses" that pay obeisance to the "establishment"!!)

that NoKo is a country run by patriots who recognize that strength is the only form of security that matters. The alternative is genocide and slavery. That's what they learned pre-Japan, pre-WW2, and post WW2 and from the "Korean UN Police Action" and the subsequent 6.5 decades.

Their history and evolution is a textbook case of a small but determined people trying to maintain their civilization, culture and way of life, while ***EVERYONE*** around them is trying to ovewhelm them. Look at the list:
Japan: colonialist imperialist racial suprematic rapists.
Russia: ditto in the racist part. I don't know if there is a history of successful Russian invasion of Korea, but they surely must have tried.
US: (ditto but add genocide: 1 million-plus dead and all cities and tows razed with carpet-bombing, and probably zillions of sexual horror and slavery, are not really different from "genocide" unless one is deliberately dishonest about it).
UN: Running Dogs of the Imperialists is a very accurate description from NoKo pov.
SoKo: Traitorous scum who chose corruption and ultimately slavery, race-dilution and cultural destruction.
Xtian Conversionists: See SoKo, and NoKo will say "Q.E.D." The only time I remember the Taliban getting sympathy in East Asia is when they executed a bunch of SoKo "Missionaries" in Afghanistan: SoKo people positively cheered.

So what about the Evil Dictatorship? How else do you protect nationalism when the enemy starves your people and government, but promises food to the starving population in exchange for complete disarmament leading to slavery? Is it any different from the picture of the Ottoman Official dangling a piece of bread to taunt starving Armenian children in Deir Ez Zor during that Genocide?

50 years from now, Kim Thin One may be celebrated as the Hero who brought Korea through the dark days to a future of united nationalist excellence, resisting all threats. Moon may be relegated to the dustbin as a Gorbachev.

UB saar, you may be right, but what about the numerous human rights violation of NoKo's own citizens by the dear leaders? Love of country and trying to protect is one thing, but in that process he executed numerous people, committed crimes against their own people. The dear leader even executed his own family members in typical aurangzeb fashion. May be he is just power hungry guy, whose only aim is to sit on the iron throne even if he has to use wildfire on his own people.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I knew someone would throw the Hyooman Rites card. Yes, you are right. But it wasn't Aurangzeb fashion, it was much more Saudi ishtyle. It was IMO the response of a desperate leadership attacked from all sides and hence suspicious of all. What we read is a totally one-sided version. Look at it from their pov: they had **NO** choice. It was kill or be killed. People close to the leadership were always under suspicion because there was (and is) such a MASSIVE bribery/corruption cloud hanging all the time.

That said, many of the horror stories are no better than the stuff in the Conversionist comic books that one gets free from the churches, telling about how horrible things are in India under Hindoos. One gets a sharpened sense of smell seeing these. For instance, the big screaming about the Uncle of Kim Thin One Being Torn 2 Pieces B Dogs, was later shown to be BS. Probably the guy was "turned" by the Usual Quarters. May have got shot, but not "torn to pieces by dogs". So who comes out with these stories, and why?

If you want to see the NoKo's version of Chivalrous American Warriors in Korea, I think I posted some excerpts here many moons ago. In addition I have seen a photo or 2, that leave not much doubt about it. Also, have you read Mulk Raj Anand (I think it was his) short stories written around the time of the Korean War? I later discovered that what was pictured there was pretty true. Enough said. If u have read it u know what I mean.

So the NoKo Leaders demand(ed) absolute unquestioning loyalty. Every global corporation runs this way except that most cannot physically "execute" troublemakers. Now the WHOTUS also runs that way, and we have seen it get so much more paranoid in just 16 months.

All said and done, North Koreans are much better off than citizens of such glorious Western-Protected "democracies" as Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti, etc. At least they don't sh1t in their subway system, which is more than I can claim about some Great Free Democracies. In Trumpistan, the elevators at the subway stations in some cities are unusable, they stink so much.

Speaking of Hyooman Rites, have u noticed the number of fatal shootings by Police in MAGA Trumpistan? Sacramento: Unarmed man shot 12 times, mostly in the back. WalMart parking lot, unarmed man shot 36 times. Ikea parking lot, unarmed man shot dead. Every "case" against the Regime's Goon Squads (what we could call police in NoKo if they were doing this) for murdering unarmed people, ends with a "Not Guilty" endorsement. A huge number of people in Bega-Rich Silicon Valley live in tent cities and are kicked around from neighborhood to neighborhood because no one wants them nearby except when they are working long hours at menial jobs for minimal wages. Why is this so much superior to Human Rights situation in isolated, embargoed, sanctioned, besieged North Korea? Right To Life is not a human right? Who are we to criticize the NoKo regime for Not Caring For Their People Like We Care For Ours?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like NoKo test site has collapsed:
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/2 ... im-jong-un
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/no ... spartandhp
North Korea’s nuclear test site has collapsed after the region sustained damage from five nuclear blast trials, Chinese scientists said Wednesday — leading many to believe it may be the reason why Kim Jong Un suddenly announced the rogue regime would freeze its nuclear and missile tests.
Reports surrounding Punggye-ri test site collapsing have been swirling for months after Kim ordered his scientists to conduct the regime’s sixth nuclear test last September. A research team led by Wen Lianxing, a geologist with the University of Science and Technology of China in Hefei, determined the collapse was from that blast, which tore a hole in Mount Mantap, South China Morning Post reported.
But the damage could pose a bigger risk to the Hermit Kingdom’s neighbors. Residents in South Korea, China and Japan are at risk of radioactive exposure because the toxins could be exposed through the holes and cracks.

“It is necessary to continue monitoring possible leaks of radioactive materials caused by the collapse incident,” Wen said in a statement to the South China Morning Post.
Kim on Friday announced North Korea suspended missile testing and close its nuclear test site.
"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said, according to Yonhap News. "The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country's northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear tests."
Researcher Zhao Lianfeng of the Institute of Earth Science at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing also said the nuke test “site was wrecked beyond repair.”
Japanese broadcaster Asahi TV reported last November that hundreds were killed when one of the underground tunnels under the mountain caved in. North Korea vehemently denied the report.
“[The other scientists'] findings are in agreement to our observations,” Zhao said. “Different teams using different data have come up with similar conclusions…the only difference was in some technical details. This is the best guess that can be made by the world outside.”
Despite closing the site, however, North Korea has options if it wants to resume tests.
“But there are other sites suitable for testing,” Hu Xingdou, who follows the North’s nuclear program, said. “They must be closely monitored.”
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Kim Thin One crosses DMZ - in peace. Meeting with Genuflex Moon
The two leaders shook hands at the Military Demarcation Line dividing the North from the South, smiling, chatting and posing for photos together. Holding hands, they crossed the line together into the southern side. Shortly after, two children from South Korea presented Kim with flowers, which the North Korean leader passed to his sister, Kim Yo Jong.
Escorted by traditional music, Moon and Kim walked together to the "Peace House," a three-story building where the official summit will take place.
Inside the "Peace House," Kim signed the guest book, writing in it for over a minute. The two leaders then went into a reception room for a private conversation.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Have to admire the cheek of Fat Kim here. His test site collapsed, so he can't test anymore. So he decides to turn that into a win by offering a stoppage of tests as a concession to Trump and co in return for some concessions from them I assume. :mrgreen:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

nachiket wrote:Have to admire the cheek of Fat Kim here. His test site collapsed, so he can't test anymore. So he decides to turn that into a win by offering a stoppage of tests as a concession to Trump and co. :mrgreen:
Or Chinese have tested Nukes in contravention of CTBT felt the situation getting out of hand. Noko is just a mukuta which will collapse of CCP pulls the plug.