Christianity, Evangelism & its geopolitical impact

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: Christianity, Evangelism & its geopolitical impact

Post by Karthik S »

chetak wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:
You mean none of teachers or principal were collar and cross? No female teachers dressed as nuns with cross
Manish_Sharma ji,

Philip saar is talking about his days in school and you are talking about recent times.

Even in my school, the teachers never wore the collar and cross.

I am sure that they were all devout xtians.

Not one of them ever discriminated against the students in word or deed on religious grounds. I never saw it even once in all my years at school.

A few posters here actually posted as kattarpanthis but they were swiftly weeded out by the ever present birds of prey and they never returned.

Why don't we simply move on to more engaging issues.

Again repeating my school and time thing? Just because your times or school were different doesn't mean anything. Makes no difference to anyone here. Statement sounds similar to there's no islamic extremism because APJ Kalam was a muslim, nazis were not bad as oskar schindler was a nazi.
What is being posted is happening right now in various places including educational institutions. There's plenty more going on if you ask parents whose kids are enrolled there, but can't back up those claims as we don't have any evidence to show that. So stop peddling your PoV as 'gospel' and undermine others' findings and facts and being a side kick to another guy.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
chetak wrote:
Manish_Sharma ji,

Philip saar is talking about his days in school and you are talking about recent times.

Even in my school, the teachers never wore the collar and cross.

I am sure that they were all devout xtians.

Not one of them ever discriminated against the students in word or deed on religious grounds. I never saw it even once in all my years at school.

A few posters here actually posted as kattarpanthis but they were swiftly weeded out by the ever present birds of prey and they never returned.

Why don't we simply move on to more engaging issues.

Again repeating my school and time thing? Just because your times or school were different doesn't mean anything. Makes no difference to anyone here. Statement sounds similar to there's no islamic extremism because APJ Kalam was a muslim, nazis were not bad as oskar schindler was a nazi.
What is being posted is happening right now in various places including educational institutions. There's plenty more going on if you ask parents whose kids are enrolled there, but can't back up those claims as we don't have any evidence to show that. So stop peddling your PoV as 'gospel' and undermine others' findings and facts and being a side kick to another guy.
Whatever your opinion is it's fine. You are entitled to it.

Just do not target individuals.

Just as you and your parents were helpless in school, others are also not responsible for what policies their schools followed or continue to follow, most times in direct contravention of the existing laws.

You have found out nothing. It was all in the public domain.

People looked but wilfully chose not to see.

The entire so called public school system today is a communal mess and its the fault of the sickular govts that they are still allowing a separate ICSE curriculum in such schools that goes against the Indian cultural ethos.

The parents all know very well that the ICSE is an offshoot of the cambridge IGCSE that existed during the British regime was taken over by the Anglo Indian Board and is now governed by the ‘Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.

Why do these parents persist in sending their kids to these colonially influenced institutions that today are only mandated by the BIF to produce deracinated coconuts.

The BIF have already set an agenda and they have been pushing the associated evil narrative for decades now. You probably do not know even the half of it.

It is also the fault of all the selfish, so called progressive, and ambitious in a self-centred way parents who look the other way because their kids learn the all important english language in such schools and then hopefully onwards to "greater" things. Society and fellow human beings have no meaning for them.

I also know of one ahole IT industry parent who tried to file a sexual harassment charge against a three year old boy because he, in a joyful moment, spontaneously hugged and kissed his playschool girl classmate.

If it were my kid against whom such an absurd and malicious charge was attempted to be filed, I would have put that b@$t@&d parent in the hospital for sure.

I am no one's sidekick as you so elegantly put it. No one needs to be but many parents are fully complicit in the system that is actually undermining our sovereignty. It is the typical "I, Me and Myself" Indian middle class syndrome and our ingrained crab mentality. These entitled jokers do not even go and vote and yet they always crib the loudest.

Yes, the earlier times in school were very different. They were really happy places to go to and among all the myriad other activities, we also learned the 3Rs.

It is again the gutless parents who now make it such an ugly place to go to. The "owners" of such schools will continue to push the envelope because they get paid to do so. Do you know who really owns the commercial enterprise known as Delhi Public school and the branches all over.

Has anyone ever got a receipt from any one of these "schools" for moneys paid as "donations". The money is as black as their hearts.

And should I say it again, in our time no one had ever heard of the word "donations"

Why then do parents persist in sending their kids there. Is it because their companies often pay the school fees

The sole aim of any school system is to produce a good citizen. This is not understood by any of the parents or teachers today. They want rats who can run the rat race and rats the teachers indeed produce per the popular demand.

In the place where I live, offhand, I can name 20-30 houses where bewildered, medically challenged, and aged parents have been totally abandoned by their foreign settled children. Children that these parents gave their lives for. These rats who are now desperately running the rat race under another flag and for another nationality.

Do you really not know about the envelopes of cash and expensive gifts collected by sickular teachers today, in addition to the exorbitant fees charged for the "tuitions" that they needlessly force/blackmail their students to take because gutless parents are too scared to protest and often compete to give the "best" gifts to their tormentors.

In my day, teachers and parents had a healthy mutual respect for each other. We never heard of this monstrosity and social evil, now maliciously called "tuitions".

Today, neither party is worthy of even the smallest iota of respect.

Sold out and paid for is the politest way that I can put it.
Last edited by chetak on 06 Nov 2019 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

chetak wrote:
Karthik S wrote:

Just as you and your parents were helpless in school, others are also not responsible for what policies their schools followed or continue to follow, most times in direct contravention of the existing laws.
I took objection when the gentleman in question dismissed the evidences put forth giving example of his school days decades ago probably, then proceeded to call the issue at hand then, which was application of mehndi by a school kid, etc as 'tribal practice', 'indicipline', 'circus' what not. Individuals need to use their words carefully when talking about certain practices associated with certain religion. And personal experiences can't be used to negate empirical evidences.

Yes, people are not responsible for what their institutions followed long after they left that institution, but if those people instead of accepting the reality get defensive, dismiss existing issues, then obviously they will be picked up.

It's just that you and your parents got lucky that you all didn't experience certain things experienced by boys and girls in such institutions now a days.

Rest of your post has no connection to the thread BTW.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
chetak wrote:

I took objection when the gentleman in question dismissed the evidences put forth giving example of his school days decades ago probably, then proceeded to call the issue at hand then, which was application of mehndi by a school kid, etc as 'tribal practice', 'indicipline', 'circus' what not. Individuals need to use their words carefully when talking about certain practices associated with certain religion. And personal experiences can't be used to negate empirical evidences.

Yes, people are not responsible for what their institutions followed long after they left that institution, but if those people instead of accepting the reality get defensive, dismiss existing issues, then obviously they will be picked up.

It's just that you and your parents got lucky that you all didn't experience certain things experienced by boys and girls in such institutions now a days.

Rest of your post has no connection to the thread BTW.
If such experiences were indeed present in schools in our times, angry parents would have kicked butts and made sure that things were changed in double quick time.

Every word that I wrote is relevant and true though not very palatable to some.

We did not go to such schools as you talk about and that was the only point being made.

what kids are experiencing in schools today was never our experience and no one is justifying it.

If gutless parents today do not wish to vote with their feet, then suffer they must. That is the immutable law of nature.

If you are hunted, you can either fight back or find a safe harbor.

If they only crib and do not organize and fight back or alternately, seek the safe harbor, then there is only one course left for such people: dhimmitude.

They should simply bend over and kiss their asses goodbye.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Agree with you sir. My limited point that such schools may have been good in the past. Those very schools have become the kind we are talking about. Perhaps, unsuspecting parents who probably had similar experiences to yours are admitting their kids in such schools now assuming things are the same.
Indics are going away from organizing a fight each passing day.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Kerala Church creates ‘Gabriel Sena’, enlists ex-military persons for ‘crowd control’
He also insisted that the group has no communal agenda and any Catholic is free to join it. As per the report, the Catholic Church in Kerala has been forming groups based on professional background. It already has groups of Catholic teachers, doctors, and non-resident Keralites.

George Joseph, the secretary of Joint Christian Council, however, called it an alarming trend. He mentioned the current fights between different factions of Christian Churches over property possessions and expressed his fears that such ‘Sena’ might be used to intimidate the faithful who oppose the clergy.

It is notable here that Churches in Kerala have been facing massive public criticism over infights, sex scandals and land scams. Bishop Franco Mulakkal of the Malankara Orthodox Church was accused of rape by a nun in the Kuravilangad convent the last year, exposing the dirty underbelly of political power-play, victim shaming, abuse, and oppression prevalent inside the institutions.

The Orthodox and the Jacobite factions of the Syrian Malankara Church have also been involved in a long and nasty fight over property ownership and Churches. The fight has even resulted in many believers being denied burial space for days on end, leading to public and media criticism.

Recently, a group of Catholics belonging to the Archidiocese of Ernakulam had marched to the Cardinal House in Kochi demanding the resignation of Cardinal George Alencherry, who has been accused of land scam.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

EJ list on who is resisting Christian conversions (which they call as "christian persecution" ) rankings

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian- ... atch-list/

Most countries are muslims, no surprises.

Interesting thing is India is 10 but China is at 27. That means for all our faults and EJ penetration, Hindus are much better in resisting EJ menace than Hans are or at least thats what the EJs believe. This confirms my own perception of China that communism destroyed China's indigenous faiths and now EJs are filling the space. The communist govt is trying to control them but its a losing battle. Post-Communist China (and North Korea) if and when that happens will result in Christianity exploding like anything in those countries and they will follow in the foot steps of South Korea.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Shri Vaidyanathan explains ROP and ROLs are not just religions in spiritual senses but political and expansionist ideologies. ROPs are expanding through womb but ROLs need third world suckers to perpetuate their hegemony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPsqKUnGhw

It is important India realizes and wakes up from Colonial slumber and sets up right constitution and institutions to check ROP and ROLs. ROPs activities are open and visible and still genocidal where as ROLs activities are with surreptitious intentions unlike in genocidal times in the past and made Hindus frogs in slow-boiling water.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

An ad for the post of Principal for Jesus&Mary college. Only candidates from a specific faith are eligible? Did College get subsidised land in Chanakya Puri? Why can’t Institutions run by Hindus and others follow the same ? Do liberals hold any opinion ?

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

List: Every abusive Catholic church priest, clergy member named in every state in past year

Sept. 12, 2019

The Pa. grand jury report opened the floodgates for states and dioceses to share the names of credibly accused clergy.

In mid-August last year, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro read a grand jury report that listed more than 300 abusive priests in Pennsylvania.

A month later, dioceses in Arkansas and San Diego released their own lists of priests and clergy members who were credibly accused of child sex abuse.

Since then, there have been hundreds of abusive clergy named every month by dioceses, religious orders and lawyers across the country. At least 20 attorneys general in other states have followed Shapiro's lead and launched similar statewide investigations.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Also applicable for Universities in India where EJs are running amok. The anti-dote for this is as Rajiv Malhotra says Hindu Good News which we need to inculcate in our kids.

Dealing with Campus Christian Missionaries in US universities. The case of Northwestern University
I don’t know how many people on campus have been roped into a conversation about “spirituality” that ended up feeling like an attempt at conversion. As an international student, the title Cru meant nothing to me, and I suspect there are many domestic students too who might not have known much about it before coming to Northwestern. Cru is a religious organization, which used to be called “Campus Crusade for Christ,” and some years ago decided to change its name to be able to have “discussions about Christ with people who might initially be turned off by a more overtly Christian name,” according to the organisation’s spokesperson who discussed the topic with ABC News.

My encounter with the organization seemed like an isolated experience that was uncommon on campus. Until I asked my friends and they asked theirs and I realized many more stories with more troubling particulars than mine than I had initially anticipated existed.

My meeting with a Cru member started out as a general conversation, which, I have since learned, is nothing out of the ordinary. Quickly, however, it swerved to religion. I was asked about my beliefs and explained that I believe only in morality and if labels are necessary, then I would identify as a Hindu verging on agnostic. The whole conversation proceeded in the friendliest of manners; the girl I met shared with me her beliefs on certain topics and I shared mine. The Cru member brought a friend along, which I didn’t think too much of until I listened to other narratives and realized that this, too, is a pattern: a harmless detail that nevertheless startles in its meticulous regularity.

At some point, one of them pulled out a small booklet, the cover reading “Know God” without specifying its Christian approach. To me, it seemed like Cru was suggesting the only way to know God was through Christianity, closing the door on other religions that also believe in one God. A diagram was presented to me: the first was of two circles — one marked Earth, and the other God — drawn apart from each other. There were arrows reaching out from the first circle, unable to reach the other. The premise, I was told, was that being a good person is important, yes, but no matter what we do, our sins are too insurmountable for us to reach or know God. On the next page, a similar illustration was chalked out, with one difference: the circles were now connected with a cross marked Christ.

As I have explained before, I am not particularly religious, and am not trying to reach God, but imagine if I were. Imagine how offensive it could be to a believer of any other faith that the only avenue to the Almighty is delineated decidedly Christian. Imagine the atheists and agnostics who are implicitly told that no matter how good and righteous they are, their lack of faith will always lead them to damnation. Atrocities committed in the name of God — like the curbing of women’s rights — are often rationalized by the idea that actions are irrelevant as long as the oppressor’s faith is maintained. Isn’t this the dangerous trope of blind faith espoused and abused as an instrument of oppression by extremist factions of all religions? And what of the oppressed and the ones who have dealt with tragedy beyond our everyday — are they to be punished for being disenchanted with a God who has never revealed Herself to them when they have done nothing wrong?

The dialogue also moved to the overlap between religions. When I claimed that all religions are fashioned around being a good human, the Cru member distanced her faith from Judaism and Islam; but doesn’t that very language of division and differentiation engender strife in the world? The conversation ended with her asking me if Christianity was a lifestyle I could see as a means to know God, and evasively I said I could see how it could be a way to know God for some people. More directly now, I was asked if I could see it as an avenue for myself, and I declined the implicit offer, saying my beliefs were, if not antithetical, a step away from those they articulated.

I must clarify now that the member I met with was polite and friendly, and I have heard the same from other tellings of the Cru narrative. The problem resides not with the execution of “sharing the gospel” but the intent. ReCruitment or conversion disguised as a social event or harmless discussion is deceitful — a simple exchange of information and beliefs need not end in one conceding to the other.
So to those who want to separate my experience and others’ experiences on campus from the beliefs of Cru at large, consider the following things.

After learning of other incidents, and finally deciding to write this piece, I opened up the Cru website online and came across some articles. A particularly disturbing one was titled “How the Myers Briggs Personality Indicator Can Help You Share the Gospel” which outlined ways to recognize people’s personality types to better give the members “a real advantage when sharing (their) faith” because “sharing the gospel is about more than preparing an arsenal of arguments.”

Advantage — what for? Arguments — what are you trying to convince your partner of, in what was supposed to be an open and respectful discussion about each others’ beliefs? The article charts out personality types and “what they respond to,” which worries me as I contemplate the possibility of students being subjected to manipulation dressed as socializing on a cerebral and subconscious level.

Another article is titled “How To Talk With Agnostics and Atheists” where people are categorized as Christian and non-Christian — isn’t the lumping of believers of a different faith with atheists and agnostics dangerous? How do you tell someone that their beliefs, just because they are different, are equal, in your eyes, to not believing without feeling at least a little bit of shame? This article quotes a converter who says that “evangelism isn’t about giving people information, it is about helping people understand.” Understand that one God is real and another isn’t?
Don’t even get me started on the troubling ethics of feeling the need to “enlighten” atheists and agnostics.

So my question remains why missionaries trained to trap one in subtle turns of language and behavior are allowed to conduct activities that in exercising their religious rights simultaneously encroach on others’ rights on a secular campus like Northwestern. I question how we can allow “Crusaders” to flourish in a space where we know what the historical and brutal connotations of that term are. The word jihad roughly translates to “the Crusade for a principle or belief,” not the ugly definition it has devolved to in contemporary context. Yet, the idea of having a group on campus named Jihadists seems insane.

Can one imagine the outrage if today the Muslim, Hindu or other groups on campus contacted students saying they want to discuss “spirituality” and started — however respectfully — preaching their personal views to them? There would be headlines and cries of a “pagan invasion.”

I understand that many regard evangelism and conversion an intrinsic part of their faith, not only in Christianity, but also other religions. For once these people must pick humanity and basic respect for others over their own ulterior motives. That is not to say that religious organizations must abandon their views — I can think of several, such as the University Christian Ministry and Northwestern OM, a Hindu group on campus, that keep to themselves without upsetting anyone. They must, however, stop attempting to promote something as personal as religion. If that is the Crux of the character and purpose of their organization, they should take their activities off-campus.

Conversion itself must be an act of personal interest and free will — it must be sought and not offered. Educating others about one’s faith and helping others need not take that tone. Many put religiosity and morality in the same bracket — but if one wants to do good, one can do so as a human and need not relate it to their identity as a Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh etc. Kindness existed in society long before humankind started looking for God — definitely long before Christ — and will exist long after.

My last word on this is that I know some will read this as an anti-Christianity rant. It is not. I stand for secularism and people’s beliefs being respected. I do not stand for a Northwestern where some communities are allowed to get away with things others are persecuted for. My criticism of a dimension of religious activity on the Northwestern campus will no doubt be misconstrued as an attack on religious freedom. I only contend that the presence and participation of Cru on campus is itself manifesting as an infringement of other, less visible, groups’ religious freedoms, including those who decide upon the agnostic or atheist paths.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

https://twitter.com/InfidelApostate/sta ... 13472?s=20
Spoke to a Pastor today! Doing some digging for info.

1)Everything about every activity of the church is reported to missionaries abroad.

2)Missionaries coming to India on tourist visas make note n take stock of all atrocities in the name of religion in India.

3)Propaganda has started in Andhra as some fringe 'Hindus' threatened live on cam that they ll kill anybody who brings the gospel to Hindu homes should be killed.

4)Christians esp. SC/ST converts apparently file complaints n cases on OC's visiting them to stop conversion under SC/ST act. (Not claiming myself, have the phone conversation recorded in case)

5)Referring to point 3, so a counter propaganda that whoever tries to kill Christians will lose as that is how Christianity spread after Jesus was crucified.

6)BJP cant do anything in AP. If they do then there will soon be an uprising in India. (My analysis sectarian civil violence, useful to shame India internationally).

7)Propaganda being carried out that Upper Castes are trying to damage the relations b/w Hindu SC/ST n Christian SC/ST to keep them away
from education and change in social status. Their welfare is not a concern for upper castes(Brahmins,Kamma,Reddy esp). Only because they r embracing Christianity OC's r interfering.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

https://twitter.com/sankrant/status/119 ... 96736?s=20
If anyone in the govt is working on an anti-conversion law, I have a draft, will be happy to share.

Important things. It must tackle institutionalized sales force of conversion mafia. Anyone is free to change their religion but conversion must not be a commercial activity.

What does this mean?

1. *Offering* incentives for conversion must be grounds for criminal charges, whether or not the conversion takes place. A fine must be levied which is 10x the incentive offered, a portion must go to the person reporting.

2. Receiving compensation for converting others must be outlawed. So if a priest or maulvi or missionary has a "sales quota" and receives money when they convert others, this must be considered criminal like any other mafia. This is critical.

3. Institutions/NGOs/Churches etc which offer training or compensation, in cash or kind, to the sales force for converting others must be made illegal and their asset subject to confiscation.

One must tackle the value chain of Institutional conversion, not just the end point.

4. Any proselytizing to children must be made completely illegal, this includes schools and orphanages. This should be like "age of consent" laws. If minor are not able to consent to physical acts, how can they give informed consent to change of religion ? It is soul rape.

5. All unsolicited attempts to convert should be treated like spam, including attempts to "plant" churches disproportionate to the population of "believers" being served in an area.

If I want to "find Jesus" I can Google him, there is no need to spam me.

The lack of tackling institutional conversion is the reason anti-conversion laws so far are completely ineffective. You can't and don't want to prevent people from changing, accepting, or rejecting a religion. And you shouldn't. But we must stop religious MNCs and imperialism.

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Interesting ideas.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

This is why organizations like VHP are so important. They foiled this attempt.

UP: Christian Missionaries with Hindu names organised conversion meeting fueling superstition to undergo religious conversions to convert sick people to Christianity, arrested
The religious conversion of unsuspecting people in Uttar Pradesh is steadily increasing as cases of proselytisation have started springing up. Recently, 3 Christian evangelists promoting religious conversion on the pretext of healing diseases were arrested from the Ranipur village of the Mau district. The three proselytisers had organised a ‘Dharmasabha’, promoting the religious conversion among the uninitiated folks as a panacea for the treatment of serious diseases. Poor people were present in this meeting with their sick relatives.

The missionaries involved in the religious conversion used to meet at the house of Kapil Dev Ram in the Darora village. A prayer meeting was also held every Sunday in his house which was used as a church. The priests had organised a program for religious conversion on Tuesday.
The people who came to attend the ceremony informed the police that they had brought their ailing family members to get rid of their diseases. According to them, the Christian padres had affirmed that after their religious conversion and consumption of the holy water, they would be relieved of their diseases.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

AP : Tehsildar in AP attributes Christianity to all SCs in a Mandal; SC/STs fear they could be robbed of their rights from this move
Chandrababu Naidu as CM of Andhra Pradesh had started a government scheme to appease them where 'gifts' were given to Christian under BPL during Christmas. While this move to appease Christian was decried, officials under Jagan government have gone a step ahead and attributed Christianity to all Scheduled Castes in a mandal before distribution of these gifts during upcoming Christmas.

RTI query from Legal Rights Protection Forum (LRPF) has revealed that the Tehsildar of Atchampeta mandal in Guntur district is treating all SCs in the mandal as Christians. Atchampeta has many SC/ST colonies and are eligible for commodities distributed under the Public Distribution System. However, only Christian were eligible to receive gifts under the 'Chandranna Christmas Kanuka' scheme.

In an apparant move to lure the SCs in the Mandal, the identity of Christianity has been attributed to them. Each kit contains six variety of material such as 1kg wheat powder, 500 gms Bengal gram, 500 gms red gram, 500 gms jaggery, half litre palmolein and 100 ml of ghee. These kits are distributed through the PDS system in the state.

LPRF had filed three separate queries under RTI with the Atchampeta Tehsildar office. In the first two RTI applications filed in August 2019, the Forum asked the officials to reveal the criteria adopted to select beneficiaries for the 'Chandranna Christian Kanuka' in the mandal. The Public Information Officer (PIO) of the Tehsildar office replied to the queries where it was stated that "The government has recognized all the Scheduled Castes people who are living in the villages as Christians and provided the gifts".

As soon as this controversial reply was received, LPRF decided to dig deeper into the matter and filed another RTI on 15th October seeking the same information at the mandal level. The mandal PIO replied to the RTI on November 5th and explained that "The government has decided to provide Chandranna Christian Kanuka to all the SCs in all the villages in the mandal who posses a White Ration Card".

The Supreme Court in 1950 had barred religious conversions of the Scheduled Castes and Tribes. Hence, LPRF has sought stringent action against such government-sponsored religious conversion schemes. The Forum has lodged a complaint with the AP Chief Secretary and Union Home Ministry to take appropriate action against the officials of Atchampeta mandal who have attempted to encourage religious conversions through such devious moves.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Indian Christians and the Appropriation of Western Civilisation in the Nineteenth Century
While the western Christian missionary desire to ‘civilise’ Christians from other cultures has been well documented and researched, the desire of local Christians to appropriate western civilisation in the face of missionary resistance to such appropriation has not been critically studied. This article examines debates in nineteenth-century North India missionary conferences between Indian Christians who wanted to adopt many accoutrements of western civilisation, and missionaries who wanted Indian Christians to retain as much of their Indian culture as possible. The article also looks at parallel cases in sub-Saharan Africa. It argues that local Christians were extracting and employing materials from European civilisation and culture to create new religious and social identities for themselves in their own particular contexts. This argument provides a counterpoint to Homi Bhabha's view of hybridity and mimicry as processes imposed by foreign western imperial regimes on subject peoples. In the process of creating new communal identities, local Christians clashed with missionaries who were at least partly motivated by the ideal of a native and indigenous church, but who also were worried about losing their authority to westernised Asian and African Christians in the emerging church. Local Christians also clashed with other members of their own society who wanted the former to keep their low social status. Indian Christians’ understandings of what counted as indigenous – which could include foreign influences – differed in significant ways from missionary and some Indian views of indigeneity.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Again ? Similar incidents happened before too. Clearly handiwork of a converted Christian working for TTD using fake SC certificate.

Christian prayer on Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam website
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam has once again faced criticism after Christian prayers popped on a link of TTD’s official website 'www.tirumala.org’.

It all started with the devasthanam releasing its 12-sheet calendar and diary for 2020 on Friday. To download the calendar, netizens, who searched for ‘TTD calendar 2020 pdf’ found several links in Google. A link that came up on top of the search had a line in Telugu ‘Sri Yesaiah. Sri Venkatesaya Namaha. Sri Vikarinama Samvat-sara. Siddan-tha Panchabdamu 2019-2020.’ After reports on this development started appearing on social media, the link to the TTD website was suspended. The page was refreshed by the evening, wherein ‘Sri Yesaiah’ was excluded. It is learnt TTD officials have questioned the IT staff, engaged by TTD and working with TCS, as to how the words appeared. The asked the staff to also confirm whether or not it was a hacking incident.
Several Hindu groups and political parties, especially BJP activists, have launched a scathing attack against the TTD management. They reiterated their demand that non-Hindu employees working with the board be removed forthwith.

Speaking to Deccan Chronicle, Rayalaseema Porata Samiti convener, P. Naveen Kumar Reddy, alleged that the TTD administration has completely failed in ensuring proper IT security and preventing wilful tampering with the official website.

“In the past, three pages referring to Jesus Christ and Christianity were found in a book uploaded under the ‘e-books’ category. The latest incident has clearly established that it is a wilful act of people belonging to other faiths, who are trying to hurt the sentiments of millions of Hindus,” Reddy stated.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Another one spreading the Joy

With such a prevalence of this phenomenon, I am amazed that people still permit these gangs to operate, and send their children to them. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a gun:
Oh, but only 5 chambers are loaded, the other is empty!
An Alabama youth evangelist faces decades in prison after pleading guilty multiple child-sex charges.
Paul Edward Acton Bowen pleaded guilty Monday in Etowah County to 28 counts involving six boys between the ages of 13 and 16.
The 39-year-old Bowen faced charges that include sexual abuse, sodomy, enticing a child for sex and traveling to meet a child for sexual abuse. He still faces charges in the Birmingham area and in Florida.
Bowen was arrested on sex abuse charges last year and authorities say additional victims came forward after he was in jail.
Bowen was a Christian minister who wrote books, ran his own youth ministry and traveled to speak at youth events.
No sentencing date is set. Bowen pleaded guilty as his first trial was set to begin.
About the case:
Prominent Alabama Evangelist and Youth Pastor Arrested on Child Sex Charges
Another day, another religious hypocrite busted on child sex charges. Paul Edward Acton Bowen was arrested on Tuesday and “charged with second-degree sodomy, enticing a child to enter a vehicle or house for immoral purposes, and second-degree sex abuse” of a male minor under the age of 16.
AL.com reports:
Hoover police Capt. Gregg Rector said the department’s Special Victim’s Unit first launched an investigation three weeks ago. The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office issued the warrants on Monday.
“This is certainly one of the more disturbing cases that we’ve investigated in quite some time,” Rector said. “Mr. Bowen is in a highly-respected position of influence and he is trusted by many. We believe he betrayed that trust in the worst kind of way.”
Bowen was taken into custody in Pelham and transported to the Hoover City Jail. He will be moved to the Jefferson County Jail where he will be held on $90,300 bond.
About Us
Towleroad began in 2003 and is now a leading online news source offering a broad range of information on politics, pop culture, gay culture, media, entertainment, photography, fashion, technology, men, music, and travel.
Send us tips at tips-at-towleroad.com.
Publisher: Broadblast Corporation, 848 N. Rainbow Blvd., #1772, Las Vegas NV 89107.

Star Alabama Preacher Arrested For...
by Dan Savage • Apr 11, 2018 at 1:25 pm
submit to reddit

...can you guess?
Sponsored
In the tradition of Homo For The Holidays: JINGLE ALL THE GAY! Dec 6-29

A well-known Alabama evangelist, public speaker and author was arrested in Hoover Tuesday on child sex charges. Paul Edward Acton Bowen, a 37-year-old Gadsden native who now lives in Etowah County's Southside community, was taken into custody by Hoover police about 12:35 p.m. The founder of Acton Bowen Outreach Ministries is charged with second-degree sodomy, enticing a child to enter a vehicle or house for immoral purposes, and second-degree sex abuse. The victim was a young male, but police did not release his age except to say he is over 12 and under 16.

Bowen's website, which was pulled down shortly after I found it early this morning, extolled Bowen's many virtues (and included a link for donations):

Many words are used to describe him, but Acton Bowen's only passion has been to connect people with the one, true God. Once recognized as one of the nation's leading student pastors, God has clearly blessed Acton with the ability to reach today's high tech, attention-lacking culture.

1523551512_tmp_actonbowen5.jpg

God blessed Bowen with an Instagram account—also pulled down after I found it early this morning—which Bowen used to spread the word of God in a high-tech, attention-lapping way. The first thing anyone who was actually paying attention would notice about Bowen's Instagram account? Almost every picture was Bowen posing with a boy or boys who appeared to be over 12 and under 16 years of age. No girls. Only boys.

Sometimes whole van loads of 'em...

actonbowen3BLUR.jpg

And check this one out...

actonbowen2BLUR.jpg

Let's zoom in on Bowen's caption:

actonbowenBLUR.jpg

Do you want to support The Stranger? Contribute here.

No sissy roller coasters because that boy is no sissy. But the creep standing next to him? He's not a sissy either—sissies are awesome—he's just another alleged child rapist that people trusted with their children because Jesus:

"This is certainly one of the more disturbing cases that we've investigated in quite some time,'' Rector said. "Mr. Bowen is in a highly-respected position of influence and he is trusted by many. We believe he betrayed that trust in the worst kind of way."
If kids got raped by clowns as often as they get raped by preachers it would be illegal to take your kids to the circus.
To get this delivered to your inbox, subscribe to The Stranger's Slog AM/PM newsletter.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 04 Dec 2019 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Curious that the Church where he "worked" kept its name out of all those reports. But UBCN goes deep, no pun intended:
At the time of the arrest, Bowen was working with the youth group at Whorton Bend Baptist Church,
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Video

https://twitter.com/oldhandhyd/status/1 ... 03584?s=20
"I had hit the stone god with my leg, I had kicked gods' heads and I was so happy"

Pastor Praveen Chakravarthy, Kakinada, AP.

#FCRA Zindababad.
Secularism will destroy Sanatana Dharma in <100 years.
Filthy SOB
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

These kind of issues must be dealt with first time it happens.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It’s their culture.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UlanBatori wrote:Curious that the Church where he "worked" kept its name out of all those reports. But UBCN goes deep, no pun intended:
At the time of the arrest, Bowen was working with the youth group at Whoreton Bend Baptist Church,
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Pope Francis appoints Filipino Cardinal Tagle to head Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
In a highly significant move, Pope Francis has appointed the Filipino Cardinal Luis Antonio Gokim Tagle, 62, archbishop of Manila, as prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples. The congregation oversees the work of the Catholic Church in most of the dioceses in Africa, Asia and Oceania, which is around one-third of the world’s 4,000 dioceses.

The Dec. 8 appointment reflects the pope’s deep desire for a missionary church. It is also a further expression of his outreach to Asia, a continent where two-thirds of the world’s population lives today. Francis has already visited the continent four times and plans to return to it again in 2020.

Cardinal Tagle is only the second Asian to hold that post, with the other being the Indian cardinal and Holy See diplomat, Ivan Dias who served from 2006 to 2011.
He succeeds the Italian Cardinal Fernando Filoni, 73, who has been in that post since 2011, and whom Pope Francis has re-assigned to be Grand Master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem. Cardinal Filoni succeeds the American Cardinal Edwin O’Brien in that role.

The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is one of the big ones in the Roman Curia. It was originally called the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith (Propaganda Fide) when it was first established by Pope Gregory XV in 1622, but Paul VI changed its name to the current one in 1967. Its task has always been “the transmission and dissemination of the faith throughout the whole world,” with specific responsibility for coordinating and guiding the church’s diverse missionary efforts and initiatives, as well as the promotion and formation of the local clergy and hierarchies, encouraging new missionary institutes and providing material assistance for the church’s missionary activity. It also plays a central role in the selection of candidates to be bishops in the dioceses under its remit and proposing their names to the pope.

When the congregation was first established 400 years ago, it was given responsibility for administering missions in the territories “discovered” by the Spanish and Portuguese conquistadors. Some church people outside of Europe say its ecclesiology or ecclesial vision is to an extent still influenced by that history which sees Rome and Christian Europe at the center, outside of which are the “territories of Christianity,” and the peripheries to be evangelized.
They say it has yet to fully absorb the ecclesiological vision of the Second Vatican Council, something that Pope Francis will certainly want to ensure, and his appointment of Cardinal Tagle can be seen in this light too.

The Filipino cardinal arrives in Rome as Pope Francis’ reform of the Roman Curia is on the threshold of completion and will, it seems, include the incorporation of the Pontifical Council for the New Evangelization into the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.

He was born into a Catholic family in Manila in 1957 to a Filipino father and a mother of Chinese origin. Known to many by the nick-name “Chito,” he studied philosophy and theology in the capital city of the Philippines. After his priestly ordination, he was sent to do further studies at the Catholic University in Washington D.C., where he earned a doctoral degree in theology. On his return to the Philippines, he was appointed rector of the seminary in his home diocese of Imus, where he also taught theology.

In 2002, St. John Paul II appointed him as bishop of Imus, a diocese of 2.6 million Catholics, with 102 priests, various Religious communities and—Cardinal Tagle later said—“very many good laypeople” as co-workers.

A star communicator, at that time he hosted hour-long television programs in the Philippines during which he shared insights on the Scripture readings for Mass and answers viewers’ questions on the Bible and faith. Then, beginning in 2007, he hosted the talk show “Light Talk,” for which he often invited professionals and young people to discuss current issues. He presented the church’s perspective.

In 2011, Pope Benedict XVI appointed the then 54-year old charismatic churchman as archbishop and spiritual leader of 2.8 million Catholics in Manila, the capital city of this south-east Asian country with more than 7000 islands which today has a population of 109 million people, the overwhelming majority of whom are Catholic. Benedict created him cardinal in 2012 during the last consistory of his pontificate, enabling him to participate in the 2013 conclave that elected Pope Francis.

The Filipino cardinal has impressed bishops from around the world with his joy, insightfulness and vision and on three successive synods of bishops he was elected to the council, which is usually a strong signal that he is highly esteemed by his peers.

Cardinal Tagle is very close to Pope Francis and fully shares his synodal vision of a missionary church and his concern for the poor, which is also reflected in his own lifestyle. That closeness was visible when Francis visited the Philippines, Jan. 15-19, 2015, and celebrated Mass for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda in Tacloban and then in Manila attended by some six million people, the largest number ever at a papal Mass. It was particularly evident when Francis celebrated Mass in Manila cathedral.

Since May of 2015, Cardinal Tagle has been president of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 165 Catholic relief, development and social service organizations operating in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. In that role he has traveled widely across the globe, visiting some of the areas with great humanitarian crises. It is not clear if he will continue in that role give his new responsibilities.

The appointment of Cardinal Tagle is the second major nomination to the Roman Curia made by Pope Francis in the last quarter of this year. On Nov. 14, he named the Spanish Jesuit Juan Antonio Guerrero Alves as the new prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy, and he is expected to make other top-level Vatican appointments in the coming months.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Kerala: Girls in Church choir dress up in Hijabs, boys with skull caps to ‘protest’ against CAA, sing Christmas carols in Islamic folk song tune
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/christi ... -tune-caa/
This bizarre protest comes at a time when Citizenship Amendment Act gives citizenship to persecuted religious minorities, including Christians, from the neighbouring three Islamic nations, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, who have taken refuge in India prior to 31st December 2014.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

darshan wrote:Kerala: Girls in Church choir dress up in Hijabs, boys with skull caps to ‘protest’ against CAA, sing Christmas carols in Islamic folk song tune
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/christi ... -tune-caa/
This bizarre protest comes at a time when Citizenship Amendment Act gives citizenship to persecuted religious minorities, including Christians, from the neighbouring three Islamic nations, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, who have taken refuge in India prior to 31st December 2014.
Sir
they should be made to read this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48198340
After all they belong to the most literate state :lol: :lol: but with the lowest common sense :D
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Karnataka: DK Shivakumar ‘purchases’ land and ‘donates’ for tallest Jesus statue, Govt says land meant for grazing, seeks report
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/karnata ... view-move/
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Shivkumar-don’t they know Hindu monikers are demonic and they will never enter Through the gates of St. Peter?

I am serious.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

One sees so many firangis at many of our popular religious centres ,enjoying their Hinduism/ Hindu experience ,numbers probably a few lakhs each year. It would be interesting to find outhow many have embraced Hinduism. I don't think that missionaries are needed at all in the age of the web.Swami Vivekananda's historic and electrifying speech in the US a century
ago was a turning point in western appreciation,intetest and search for cosmic truths from India through Hinduism, which encompasses Indian culture and way of life spanning millenia. The numbers are only increasing.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

inculturation and the south Indian thali version of the last supper

and those poor jews, after all these years, they are still looking for some kind soul who is willing to pay the tab for this supper.

chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Catholic Church Shields $2 Billion in Assets to Limit Abuse Payouts
Dioceses are aggressively moving and reclassifying holdings to shrink the value of their bankruptcy estates...
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

https://joshuaproject.net/

Industrial scale analytics
johb
BRFite -Trainee

Post by johb »

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/NNdgGttyvyA
[/youtube]
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

johb wrote:[youtube]
https://youtu.be/NNdgGttyvyA
[/youtube]

johb ji,

Copy, paste and highlight just NNdgGttyvyA and click the youtube button

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Does anyone have an article about bru tribe struggle in Mizoram? There are few tweets but not much history behind exodus of Bru tribe and why they are resettled in Tripura.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Karthik S wrote:Does anyone have an article about bru tribe struggle in Mizoram? There are few tweets but not much history behind exodus of Bru tribe and why they are resettled in Tripura.
On Bru- Reang Settlement – A Twitter Thread by Governor Swaraj You Should Not Miss
https://www.thetruepicture.org/bru-rean ... issionary/

Ram Madhav writes- ‘REANGS – VICTIMS OF RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION IN MIZORAM’
https://samvada.org/2011/news/ram-madha ... n-mizoram/

Amit Shah Leads Historic Settlement Of Bru Refugees: How The Persecuted Hindu Tribe Has A New Lease Of Life
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/amit ... se-of-life

From Chindu with the usual filters
Being Bru in Mizoram
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 746175.ece

Another commie outlet - EPW with usual filters
https://www.academia.edu/36523148/The_B ... eekly_EPW_
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Thanks Rony garu, sad part is I didn't even hear the name bru till now. Also, we got one Indic group driven out from Kashmir and another from Mizoram.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Mizoram and Nagaland are Christian Kashmirs - same hatred for Hindus which translates to anti-Indian. Same domination/monopolizing of every aspect of public and private life by Abrahamics and persecuting Hindus turning them into refuges in their own country. In Kashmir, the money which sustains insurgency comes from govt and muslim individuals in Pakistan/Saudi/Iran/. In Nagaland and Mizoram, the insurgency money comes from (shrinking) Christian organizations in US/Europe who want to compensate their reducing numbers in first world by increasing their numbers in third world.