Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - Apr 22 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - Apr 22

Post by Aditya_V »

If the Paki Army is attacked, will it be Armor and PAF F-16's move in like Waziristan. That would be the day, PAF bombing Karachi.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I have a feeling that we are just months away from seeing Puki attack helis being used in Karachi. F16 can be ruled out initially but not sure if manpads were used by Karachi citizens against attack helis. That would be a turning point in the balkanisation process of Pukiland.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ Bleh. Wishes are not horses. Pigs will fly over karachi before F16s.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One must not forget how famous or infamous our current NSA is within the Baki establishment and why. No other Indian NSA has received so much coverage in Baki Media on his assuming change.

With the ramp up in our intelligence capacity in our immediate neighborhood we have already had two (in public domain) very successful intelligence driven operations. In 2 to 3 years I expect the our intelligence capacity in the neighborhood to increase exponentially including the ability to conduct *defensive* maneuvers outside India.

Till date our leadership did not have any option between Cold start and no action. The intelligence ramp up will create further options in between those two. The advantage/comfort that Bakis had after Gujaral and the nuclear umbrella is going to vanish pretty soon and that is why they are so terrified. They know that there are many fissures within their society that can be exploited with ease and with the sectarianism that is prevalent can be used tip the balance inside Bakistan.

The current cleanup in Karanchi could also be linked to the groundwork being done wrt this option. Just as an example, bakistan could be blockaded at sea or from inside Karanchi.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

@nomaankhan111

@fispahani @bilalfqi A quick lesson to learn for @husainhaqqani , Insaan ban jao ya Goli khao

I have a poochh regarding this phrase that I have emboldened. Insaan ban jao (become a human being) - is this phrase used as "submit to allah"?

I had few Sulla trolls on twitter bugging me with this phrase - insaan ban jao ya khuda ka maar khao something like that.

Now I know Islam considers non-muslim as sub-human and worthy of being killed. But is this phrase now mainstreamed? This is second time I have come across this phrase.

What group of people use this? Which firqa? Is this tablighi jamaat speaking or what?
Last edited by Rahul M on 28 Apr 2015 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: terms like sulla are not ok. banned for a week.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Ten Percenti's plug in for the $ 46 Billion Cheeni "Investment" :rotfl:

Comment: 10% of $ 46Billion = $ 4.60Billion; quite a record for one transaction !
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Dilbu wrote:I think Cheeni uncle just ordered baki to stabilise karachi for investment atmosphere. I see no other reason for this takeover by security forces.
I agree. That explains it well. But cleaning Karachi is easier said than done.
There's not just the Mohajirs and other gangs. Taliban also has stake in Karachi.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

chetak wrote:Sharif Must Know State Heads Don't Make False Promises

G Parthasarathy

Members of the Sharif team had briefed the press that Pakistan’s participation in military operations in Yemen would be conditional on Saudi assurances that they would act against the two million Indian nationals in Saudi Arabia if Pakistan’s relations with India became tense. Pakistan’s enthusiasm for undermining Indian interests in the Arab world has long been clear. What is shocking is that it could stoop to such a low level to damage Indian interests and the livelihood of ordinary Indians in Islamic countries. Sharif should, however, learn that heads of government do not make promises they cannot keep, even in relations with “brotherly Islamic countries”.

dadpartha@gmail.com

The writer is a former diplomat
Chetak ji,

This is what i said couple of weeks ago, after the paki parliament resolution drama. Paki armed mercenary (a.k.a paki army) would eventually fight for their master race "Arabs". That resolution was purely a negotiating tactic.

Moreover, paki parliament is like public toilet in India. A resolution passed in public toilet in India carries much more weightage than than paki parliament.
kish wrote:Weeks ago social media was abuzz with pics of paki slaves(paki army) hobnobbing with their Arab masters. Where did they go? Did they comeback home?

This is classical negotiation tactics of pakis, they wanted to get maximum benefit out of this conflict. Probably they are preparing a "wish list" to participate in this conflict. Things like

1) Core cashmere issue
2) Limit Indian workers in GCC
3) Raising muslim issues in India, etc

would be paki demands, apart from hard cash. Pakis are pathetically predictable :mrgreen:
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

It is a matter of time before China extends the corridor to Iran thru Balochistan. IIRC they already have a rail route to Iran thru Turkmenistan, but will be good for them to have overlapping routes.

Some redundancy is good for contingency planning in these volatile regions.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar wrote:
Agnimitra wrote:^^^ Sethi actually seems very positive about it if one watches the whole interview. At one point he launches into a lengthy 'Hamd' for China..
True, though he starts with spilling the beans on the 18% return (cannot be any less), FDI, non-transparency etc., he goes on to say that when no other country is willing to invest in Pakistan, China is issuing a statement of belief in the successful future of Pakistan whom others call a failed state. In fact he turns to India and asks how much China has invested there !

Why 18% not any other number?

18 times 4 is 72.
i.e. 400% again shows up.
So its linked to Pakumerology.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Atri wrote:
@nomaankhan111

@fispahani @bilalfqi A quick lesson to learn for @husainhaqqani , Insaan ban jao ya Goli khao

I have a poochh regarding this phrase that I have emboldened. Insaan ban jao (become a human being) - is this phrase used as "submit to allah"?

I had few Sulla trolls on twitter bugging me with this phrase - insaan ban jao ya khuda ka maar khao something like that.

Now I know Islam considers non-muslim as sub-human and worthy of being killed. But is this phrase now mainstreamed? This is second time I have come across this phrase.

What group of people use this? Which firqa? Is this tablighi jamaat speaking or what?
Actually insaan refers to more like "being humane" rather than just being human, which is aadmi! Though it is interesting that the phrase is being used like this. In this sense, Insaan is meant to mean "being intelligent" or "one in his senses"!
"Insaan ban jao" i.e. "Coming to one's senses" here means "to know what is good for oneself"! So it is a threat!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Falijee wrote:Ten Percenti's plug in for the $ 46 Billion Cheeni "Investment" :rotfl: Comment: 10% of $ 46Billion = $ 4.60Billion; quite a record for one transaction !
Its no laughing matter, the actual Ghapla is on the tune of 70%. Chinese companies will have 100% control and no competition at all. Ahmadi Shahid Masood said every major politician in Bakistan have been bribed by China in this deal. One thing is for sure that PRC have sided with Iran and Paki have to abandon Saudi and Gelf. Paki do not have the liberty to choose their friend but Master Only.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Return of the Muslim clown.

We will break India into pieces: General Hamid Gul warns India
http://www.thenewsteller.com/pakistan/s ... dia/13887/

His words was, “Who is Narendra Modi? He is nothing in front of us. By God, we have all those resources, plans, and techniques that are sufficient to break India into pieces and we can.”

Starting with Bangladesh, no doubt.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The NYTimes reports:
http://sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... -pakistan/
Details Emerge of China-Financed Dam Project in Pakistan
In all the bravura of the recent $45 billion offer by President Xi Jinping of China to build roads, rails and dams in Pakistan, it was hard to decipher when construction would begin, and what in a long list of infrastructure projects would be tackled first.

One clue emerged in the announcement in the Chinese state news media last week, after Mr. Xi left Pakistan: A modest-size dam on the Jhelum River at a site 35 miles east of the capital, Islamabad, will be the first project financed by China’s $40 billion Silk Road Fund.
The Karot dam, as the structure on the Jhelum River is to be called, is expected to cost $1.65 billion and will be financed on a commercial basis, the Chinese state news media said. According to the website of the People’s Bank of China, China’s central bank, the Silk Road Fund and the World Bank will buy shares in China Three Gorges South Asia Investment Ltd., a subsidiary of the Three Gorges Corporation, a state-run behemoth that builds dams at home and, increasingly, abroad.

The Silk Road Fund, along with the Export-Import Bank of China and the China Development Bank, will issue loans to the Karot Power Company, which is in turn a subsidiary of China Three Gorges South Asia Investment, for the construction.

The power generated by the dam will be sold to Pakistan’s national grid, a creaky system that leaks electricity and is run by utilities often described as ridden with corruption.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

M&D have used the international political and security situation perfectly to screw Pakistan.
For far too many years Pakistan enjoyed its position to make deals with devil and survive. This time M&D instead of fighting the devil, have made sure the devil itself will devour the Pakis. This is not only genious, this is indegenious!!
Karma is a @#$%&
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So M&D have allowed Bakasura to devour Pakasur!!!
Now need Bhima to take care of the former.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Before Bhima took on Bakasur, He ate a cart load of food to be delivered to Bakasur. Bhima gained strength while ensuring Bakasur starved before the big fight.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

X-post from STFU-P thread:
RajeshA wrote:
Atri wrote: @nomaankhan111

Actually insaan refers to more like "being humane" rather than just being human, which is aadmi! Though it is interesting that the phrase is being used like this. In this sense, Insaan is meant to mean "being intelligent" or "one in his senses"!
"Insaan ban jao" i.e. "Coming to one's senses" here means "to know what is good for oneself"! So it is a threat!
No, I have posted on this before [link]. In the Qur'an, the word "naas" ("people") and its derivative 'insaan' refers only to those who have imaan, i.e., the muttaqeen/momineen. This is confirmed by all including the earliest commentaries.

For instance, an aayat #14 in the 2nd surah itself:
wa idhaa qeela lahum amanoo qamaa aman an-naas...
"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not."

Here's "people" refers to Muslims, and the bad guys here ("they") refer to the munafiqeen.

As per fiqh, non-Muslims are less than human - or at least lesser humans. Now within Islam, a human is a lesser station than, say, a muttaqeen, etc...so that is what is understood when one says "pehle insaan bano", etc. It is the first grade of Islam. Non-Muslims haven't yet reached that stage.

This is also why during the freedom struggle, an Islamic scholar and leader (I forget his name) said of Gandhi ji - he is a saintly kind of man, but by the Qur'an and Hadith I have to say that he is still lower than a Muslim criminal and rapist because he has not taken the shahadah (oath of allegiance to Allah and Muhammad).

So while different people may use the phrase "pehle insaan bano" in different ways, its theological origins should be clear.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Agnimitra,

Context is important. In a sermon, it is an exhort to improve oneself. Here, it means "quit it, or else!" whatever the it might be.

There is no theological basis in this context. Usually a few sister and mother euphemisms areattached alongside. Also dog related. Must be very good animal rights in urdu land.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Ya ya, hence I put the disclaimer at the end - different people may use the phrase differently. But the phrase and the word has certain origins.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

"Insaan bano ya chaddi utaro" or "insaan bano ya <insert unpleasant alternative here>" is a time honoured variation of the Abrahamic "There is only one God and his word is law" or, alternatively "With us or against us"

In general we SDREs do not think in this way, although there is something for us to learn. "Rigidity and dogma shall be broken and rejected"
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^ "insaan bano ya xxx" is a separate variant of "insaan ban jao", which really is just "cower, or else!"
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Splitting inshan, are we?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Agnimitra wrote:So while different people may use the phrase "pehle insaan bano" in different ways, its theological origins should be clear.
So when Kejriwaal croaks "Insaan ka Insaan se ho bhaichaara..."
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Excellent and convincing exposition, Agnimitra.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

ramana wrote:So M&D have allowed Bakasura to devour Pakasur!!!
What is M&D? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Zindgi itfaq hai- AADMI AUR INSAAN
Watch Mo Mo doing Mo Mo
Kabhii Gairon Pey Bhi Apno ka Gumaan Hotta hai
Kabhi Apne Bhi lagte Hai Paraye Sey

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Are the pakistanis crazy ???
18 % interest, and that too in dollar terms.
With the Pakistani rupee going down into the doo doo, its value against the dollar also goes down.

That means that the rate of interest will now be higher than the himalayas, and Pakistan's debt will be deeper than the deepest ocean !!!!

This economic corridor will destroy Pakistan economically IF it is ever completed.

Pak-Cheeni dosti indeed !!!

PS: In the end, all the chinese want is Gawadar. The rest is all tamasha. The want the Paksitanis to put up 20% of the investment. ie, the Pakis now have to cough up $10 billion of the proposed 46billion and that too in 3 yrs. Fat chance of that happening.

Popcorn time fellas !
Last edited by Gagan on 28 Apr 2015 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/27/op ... ?referrer=
I follow the dictate and walk out of Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), where I teach — a leafy campus with about 3,500 students located in the heart of DHA, one of the city’s wealthiest suburbs.

Right outside the university gate, there is a long line of cars whose undersides are being scanned for explosives. Razor wire is coiled along the top of the walls, and every few hundred meters there is a makeshift bunker stacked with blue-and-white sand-filled sacks and guns pointing toward the streets. There are concrete barriers to slow down incoming traffic into a zigzag. Security guards patrol the entrance with mobile electronic-card readers to make sure only those with valid university IDs enter the premises.

After the university finished installing brand new tire busters and a machine gun at the entrance, I asked a security supervisor: “At what point can you tell that we are safe?
In gated communities like my university and wealthy parts of town like DHA, a wholesale registration of domestic workers is taking place. While residents breeze through the checkpoints and the security barriers, the people who work in their homes have to go through daily the humiliation of being questioned and searched, even harassed. Through these precautions, better suited to military zones than ordinary cities, the urban poor have been declared security threats by default and criminals by implication.
The poor people of Lahore are being oppressed and raped by 600,000,000 soldiers who have committed 400,000,000 rapes and subject them to daily humiliation. We should give them moral, political and diplomatic support for their legitimate struggle against oppression.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

ArmenT wrote:
ramana wrote:So M&D have allowed Bakasura to devour Pakasur!!!
What is M&D? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Modi and Doval?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its not so difficult to decipher.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pakistan can't even pay the IMF and World Bank at 7% interest.
We expect them to pay 18-25% interest on the money borrowed from the chinese hain ji?

This deal will be sweeter than honey for the chinese !!!

Now we are begining to understand the true meaning of: "Higher than the himalayas, deeper than the oceans, and sweeter than honey" folks.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Gagan wrote:Are the pakistanis crazy ???
18 % interest, and that too in dollar terms.
With the Pakistani rupee going down into the doo doo, its value against the dollar also goes down.

That means that the rate of interest will now be higher than the himalayas, and Pakistan's debt will be deeper than the deepest ocean !!!!

This economic corridor will destroy Pakistan economically IF it is ever completed.

Pak-Cheeni dosti indeed !!!

PS: In the end, all the chinese want is Gawadar. The rest is all tamasha. The want the Paksitanis to put up 20% of the investment. ie, the Pakis now have to cough up $10 billion of the proposed 46billion and that too in 3 yrs. Fat chance of that happening.

Popcorn time fellas !
Maulanar(s) will do well to re-vizit the Hajam video again and listen very very carefully to realize that at some point between 8:00-9:00 min Hajam admits that the returns are likely to be close to 30% inline with my prediction, prior to watching the video, of around 36% based on initial data (18%) and a multiplier of 2.

I wanted to post a review because there are other interesting nuggets but forgot. If I find time to revizit the video again I will post a review. It is a super-ripoff if the cheenis are able to pull it off.
Last edited by pankajs on 28 Apr 2015 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Altair wrote:M&D have used the international political and security situation perfectly to screw Pakistan.
For far too many years Pakistan enjoyed its position to make deals with devil and survive. This time M&D instead of fighting the devil, have made sure the devil itself will devour the Pakis. This is not only genious, this is indegenious!!
Karma is a @#$%&
Altair and ramana ji - I don't know, I think this is wishful thinking. Pakistan will lose more of its self-determinism, but the dragon will grow an extra 'limb' and become more massive. Not sure how that is chankian strategy by M&D, or how India is "allowing" this. The 20% capital that Pak has to raise leaves the door open for the other 2.5 to have a stake.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Basically what is happening is that Chinese are building the power plant based on build-operate-transfer model. They are demanding guaranteed power purchase at certain rates. Pakis are going to be paying those rates.

http://sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... -pakistan/
Under the terms of the package announced by Mr. Xi, China has demanded protection for its workers at new projects, and the Pakistanis are delivering. According to Dawn, a Pakistani newspaper, the government is creating a new special army division of 10,000 troops that will be headed by a two-star general and dedicated to the Chinese workers. The force will include contingents from the Special Services Group, Pakistan’s elite commando force, and will have its own air support.
:shock:

After Pakistan conquers all of Pakistan, they will surely come for India :mrgreen:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ok .. I have just watched the Hajam video for the 2nd time between 8:00-10:10. The comments between 9:00 to 10:00 mins makes me stick to my original forecast of 36%+ return for the cheenis all said and done. Hajam says "The cheenis do what they want and take what they want. They are also the most bania folks in the world and we can do nothing".

Just because projects have been announced and MOUs signed does not mean much even with the lure of super-normal profits. Rest I will review later and comment.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Hajam talked a lot about the local employment it will generate. At what employment category is this? White collar or blue? Even within blue, what level? If janitorial staff in gated Lahore colonies have to pass through so much security, what about these ultrasensitive projects?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Outer perimeter security job is all they will get.

Why? As Hajam himself admits "The cheenis do what they want" meaning every conceivable job that can go to a cheenis will go to a cheeni, every conceivable material and machinery that can be imported will be imported and every conceivable opportunity to inflate the bill will be used. Yes Hajam does say "jahiar hai inflated figures hain"
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Basically you should see the scale and the efficiency of Chinese projects in Africa. China ships in the workers, apparently they even ship in Chinese food in palettes for these workers and use zero local labor.

http://www.economist.com/node/18586448
On his first trip three years ago Mr Zhu filled a whole notebook with orders and was surprised that Africans not only wanted to trade with him but also enjoyed his company. “I have been to many continents and nowhere was the welcome as warm,” he says. Strangers congratulated him on his homeland's high-octane engagement with developing countries. China is Africa's biggest trading partner and buys more than one-third of its oil from the continent. Its money has paid for countless new schools and hospitals. Locals proudly told Mr Zhu that China had done more to end poverty than any other country.

At Chinese-run mines in Zambia's copper belt they must work for two years before they get safety helmets. Ventilation below ground is poor and deadly accidents occur almost daily. To avoid censure, Chinese managers bribe union bosses and take them on “study tours” to massage parlours in China.

Critics claim that China has acquired ownership of natural resources, although service contracts and other concessions are the norm. China is also often accused of bringing prison labour to Africa—locals assume the highly disciplined Chinese workers in identical boiler suits they see toiling day and night must be doing so under duress.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

^ Agree with Agnimitra, Kashmir may have been Paki's monkey trap, but for China Paki is our monkey trap. We missed the bus vis-a-vis China back in the late 70's and now are behind by upto 20 years. Unless we as a nation work twice as hard and develop twice as fast, China will leave us behind as a receding object in the rear view mirror.