Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - Apr 22 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - Apr 22

Post by Falijee »

Altaf apologises for remarks about army
“My remarks seeking help from RAW are being criticised, but that particular sentence was said satirically and in reply to frequent allegations against MQM that it is an agent of RAW. My words can be verified by watching my speech again,” he said.
Comments: Karachi drama continues......!!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

SSridhar wrote:The irony of the Army vs. MQM issue is that MQM is a creation of the Army in Zia days to cut to size Bhutto's PPP.
Interesting!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

‘Ex-army major, colonel involved in robbery of millions
“Two retired army officers, a former colonel and a major were directly involved in the robbery as they were at the airport. They will soon :roll: be arrested and the remaining amount will be recovered from them,” he said.
“The two officers of the intelligence agency are directly involved in the robbery as both were present at the BBIA during the robbery,” the RPO said.
:roll:

Comment: They must have definitely applied for Kannadian Vijja !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Cabin Fever in Pakistan ! By a well-known Ex Cabinet Secretary
How can we think of becoming a great nation :lol: without any cultural and literary pursuits?
To rub salt into our wounds we recently received a funding offer from the Indian Hockey Federation :lol: to enable our team to participate in the Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament. Rather than being spurred into action by the Indian offer and making sure that our team was able to participate in the tournament, a debate began regarding the :eek: misuse of funds by the hockey
Let’s start by celebrating the next Basant season in a big way!
:eek:

Comment: Is celebration of Basant allowed under the Deen!
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

arun wrote:Irfan Husain writing in Dawn cautions the Islamic Republic of Pakistan about Peoples Republic of China largesse by pointing out:

No free Chinese lunch
For instance, the Southern Expressway connecting Colombo to Galle, financed by the Asian Development Bank and Japan, cost $7 million per kilometre. By contrast, the Outer Circular Highway connecting the airport to the Galle Expressway, financed by a Chinese loan and awarded without competition to a Chinese firm, is going to cost $72m per kilometre.
See it is true 1 Brain dead TFTA is equal to 10 intelligent SDRE's. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pak National Airlines woes ; first non sober pilots and now this !
When lunch was served an hour into the flight, Malik unwrapped a piece bread. “At first I thought it was a normal fruit bun. But when I turned it over, there was green fungus all over it. It was really bad,”
Meanwhile, PIA spokesperson Aamir Memon insists that an internal investigation has revealed that no such incident occurred during the flight.
:D
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Falijee wrote:‘Ex-army major, colonel involved in robbery of millions
“Two retired army officers, a former colonel and a major were directly involved in the robbery as they were at the airport. They will soon :roll: be arrested and the remaining amount will be recovered from them,” he said.
“The two officers of the intelligence agency are directly involved in the robbery as both were present at the BBIA during the robbery,” the RPO said.
:roll:

Comment: They must have definitely applied for Kannadian Vijja !
It gets even better. From the article:
The RPO said three of those arrested are natives of Gujranwala, while one member of the gang is settled in Dubai.(Jo Gujranwala mein gaandu, woh Dubai mein bhi gaandu) He said that the suspect in Dubai will be brought back through Interpol. He said the two ex-army officials who were associated with an intelligence agency (Hmmmm, I wonder which agency :)) will be prevented from leaving the country.

"The two officers of the intelligence agency are directly involved in the robbery as both were present at the BBIA during the robbery," the RPO said.

The CCTV footage from the scene of the robbery led to the identification of a sub-inspector of Rawalpindi police who was arrested. Later, during interrogation, the sub-inspector revealed the identities of his accomplices which led to their arrest, the RPO said.

He said that the police post at the airport premises will be put under strict surveillance and the police staff posted there will be transferred.
The source said the cash recovered by the police was hidden by the sub-inspector in a black trunk given by the department to officials. The trunk had been hidden at his sister’s house in F-11.

The sub-inspector was part of the squad assigned to the Rawalpindi Commissioner. He was reinstated after being dismissed from service two months ago and the police are investigating his reinstatement.
So, two ex-military/ex-ISI people, one wannabe Arab, one Pindi sub-inspector, one sister, possibly more high level officials involved. Whatta country.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

SSridhar wrote:The irony of the Army vs. MQM issue is that MQM is a creation of the Army in Zia days to cut to size Bhutto's PPP.
..and it quickly went south. By 1991 the ISI was gunning and gunny-bagging MQM cadres by the dozens. I think just like the talibunnies and various pakjabi militant tanzeems, ISI realized their creation had turned into a monster. What surprises me is despite taking on the ISI and PPP, and Altaf's relocation to UKstan, MQM has survived and thrived in Karachi.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Too much is being discussed about the Chipanda's 46Billion embrace and gift of several high tech armaments and Pukis ability to continue to hoodwink Khans to receive top of the line armaments and hoodwink clueless middle east Umma into donating billions into Puki begging bowl. Most of all, their crowning strategic gain seems to be their Afghanistan end-game which they orchestrated with help of Khan and Chipanda along with it the apparent degradation of TTP's capability to hold territory and periodically inflict pain on TSP armed forces and civilians. With all the talk about geostrategic location of TSP which can act as gateway to CSR states and provide warm water port for Southwest region of Chipanda, it is possible for Pukis to develop some misplaced euphoria.

While TSP might have withered an impending collapse of their economy thanks to 3.5 fathers and registered the above seemingly positive tactical gains, they have suffered several set backs when compared to their strategic standing just a few years ago. Hoping to enumerate some of the obvious ones. Requesting senior members of the forum to add to this.

1. TSP's steep decline of influence in Bangladesh. TSP influence on Bangladesh started eroding from the time Sheikh Hasina won her term and started persecuting Jamaat-e-Islami goons. All the machinations of CIA and ISI in propping up Zia and Islamist loonies in Bangladesh including instigation of an armed coup have been defeated. With advent of Modi sarkar, India and Bangladesh seem to have forged ahead with several long lasting agreements that are designed to reduce painpoints in relationships and improve trade through land and waterways. Any material amount of trade relations once set in place will be very difficult to rollback even when pro-TSP Khalida Zia comes to power in the future. With elimination of some of the ISI modules, sleeper cells and legal action against pro TSP JEI leaders, TSP's influence in Bangladesh seems to have been severely eroded and will take several years and a friendly government in Bangladesh to rebuild. Any less leverage TSP has over Bangladesh is one less pinprick it can hold against India.

2. Erosion of trust with KSA and Gulf states: KSA, Quatar and UAE account for bulk of remittances to TSP and source of billions of dollars in gifts. With the recent TSP doublespeak in Yemen issue, the gulf states have realized that they just cannot trust TSP when the push comes to shove. These states are likely to invest more in costly Western gadgets such as Typhoons or Rafales and have their own armed forces trained and strengthened by using more reliable and battle hardened western and russian missionaries. TSP cannot bank of assured flow of alms from its Umma to the west.

3. Erosion of relationship with SL: With the downfall of pro-China Rajapakse government and resolution of Tamil issue that complicated India's relations with SL, TSP has very little role to play in SL. The rise of Islamic fundamentalism and the inflow of refugees from SL has made SL tighten its visa process for TSP and their overall relationship seems to have hit a low. There is no inherent factors that indicate any improved warmth in relationship between these two countries. Same is the case with Nepal.

4. Reduced importance of TSP to US: With US getting out of Af-Pak and improving relations with Iran, TSP is as critical to Khan as a used rubber is. TSP should not expect IMF doleouts, US aid, and access to spares for its F-16s and other Khan gadgets to flow easily as it did in the past 10 years. With TSP becoming a munna of Chipanda, US will wash its hands off Pukiland at the earliest possible opportunity. The sooner India connects Kabul with the Chabahar port and can provide a guaranteed land access to Afghanistan the better.

In short, Pukis seems to have lost whatever influence and relationship they had with other SAARC countries. The Afghan end game is still not over. I haven't lost hope that it may not be as rosy for Pukis as it seems to be. So many powers are eyeing Afghanistan and Afghanis generally have a mind of their own.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Duplicate post deleted.
Last edited by schinnas on 02 May 2015 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

TSP is as critical to Khan as a used rubber is.
You meant to say Uncle Sam here right?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

For CCFair lovers in India...
@CChristineFair: Next up. India rejects gravity. Says it's an international conspiracy to defame India. BBC News - India rejects US 'freedoms' report

@CChristineFair: @KalkiSpeaks Not pro India or Pak. I AM pro-US as I'm a Merkin. I schill for no one. Being a patriot also means criticizing my own gov't.
member_28911
BRFite

Post by member_28911 »

It was just that Christine aunty and Internet Indians found common ground on the issue of Terrorist Republic of Pakistan.

Enemy of my Enemy can be my Friend not a Lover.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Tarek Fatah is the other one to watch out for.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

RamaY wrote:For CCFair lovers in India...
@CChristineFair: Next up. India rejects gravity. Says it's an international conspiracy to defame India. BBC News - India rejects US 'freedoms' report

@CChristineFair: @KalkiSpeaks Not pro India or Pak. I AM pro-US as I'm a Merkin. I schill for no one. Being a patriot also means criticizing my own gov't.
She already blocked me for raising questions about Obama's speech preaching religious freedom to India while being a guest! PIFs should learn to use and reject views based on issues, not get bogged down with individual personalities. She gets paid by US SD and Georgetown, not GOI.

Tarek Fatah often tries to suggest Internet Hindoos as supporters of Hitler/Fascism/Genocide in a veiled manner. All foreigners should be given entry in Indian narrative based on utility not on equal terms with Indians.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

India is nothing like Merika, there people have the freedom to go to Whites only Christian temples.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Virendra wrote:
TSP is as critical to Khan as a used rubber is.
You meant to say Uncle Sam here right?
Khan is Uncle Sam in BRF speak.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

- Baloch wanted to join the Union on India in 1947
- Oman wanted to give the port of Gawadar to India

JLN declined both...
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

prahaar wrote:
She already blocked me for raising questions about Obama's speech preaching religious freedom to India while being a guest! PIFs should learn to use and reject views based on issues, not get bogged down with individual personalities. She gets paid by US SD and Georgetown, not GOI.

Tarek Fatah often tries to suggest Internet Hindoos as supporters of Hitler/Fascism/Genocide in a veiled manner. All foreigners should be given entry in Indian narrative based on utility not on equal terms with Indians.
She could not be getting paid by US SD or US govt., I have seen many of her videos in which she has scathing criticism for State Dept./US govt.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

What China is doing in Pakistan is unacceptable. China should give the money for free, and in return take some of Pakistan's terrorists export. In return they should then thank Pakistan for doing such a favor and accept that 1 Pakistani TFTA is equivalent to 10 Chinese yellow people.

Also after massive protests in Al-Bakistan, massive protests supporting Sabeen also broke out in Washington DC outside Al-Bakistan consulate.

RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^

These confused Bakis don't realize that Bakistan is a happening place. It is already 'unsilenced'. Everyday, everywhere it is 'boom-boom' and 'kaboom-kaboom'.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Anujan wrote: Also after massive protests in Al-Bakistan, massive protests supporting Sabeen also broke out in Washington DC outside Al-Bakistan consulate.
I thought the other massive protest you posted earlier was from Londonistan? At least the story in TFT gives that impression.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Wow! That abdul kid with glasses in the pink shirt, has such an expression of a sense of achievement !!!

Poor guys...
Everyone and their mother knows that the ISI murdered Sabeen. NOT ONE PERSON has the balls to say that out loud or put it in paper.

They are afraid that a picture may be taken, and when they have to go home to La La land, they will get to meet sabeen herself courtsy the ISI.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Gagan wrote:

- Baloch wanted to join the Union on India in 1947
- Oman wanted to give the port of Gawadar to India

JLN declined both...
Tarek Fateh is not beyond making up stories too. He blocked me on twitter when I pointed out one of his made up stories. Specifically, I have not come across any evidence (and I have a lot of sources available to me) that the Baloch wanted to join India in 1947. In fact, in Quetta, the slaughter and expulsion of the small trading Hindu community was such that all trade stopped a Britisher remarked that the people there hadn't figured out that they couldn't slaughter people one day and expect to do business with them the next.

Yes, I know about VP Menon's press conference report on All India Radio on March 27, 1948. However that seemed to be calculated to get the Muslim tribesmen to turn on the Khan of Kalat; the Khan promptly acceded to Pakistan.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pak-Choona dosti zindabad...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

cfair is to be used for her views on pakistan.

nobody gives her credit as an expert of everything, least of all domestic indian affairs.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Dipanker wrote:She could not be getting paid by US SD or US govt., I have seen many of her videos in which she has scathing criticism for State Dept./US govt.
We may never know whether she was getting paid by someone or not. What matters to us is that we shall not get too close to her. If she is firing on all cylinders against the PA, that is fine, we enjoy that. But, that is about it. I post here what I replied to Karan several months back.
Karan, my position on Fair is that she has not changed that once-upon-a-time 'critical' attitude to India. She has not spoken about India for a long while now. OTOH, she has been firing her fusillade at Pakistan because her close friends, the PA, mis-treated her for reasons we are not very clear about. She has spoken about her fondness for Punjabi men and the persona-non-grata issued by the Punjabi Army etc. So, for the moment she is concentrating her ire on STFU-TSPA. We will enjoy this moment but it shall pass too. This does not mean her opinion about India has changed. When there is thaw in the estrangement, that is when we will see true colours once again
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Balochis respond against future Chinese Colonialism
On the recent Sorap incident, the insurgents opined that they killed the 20 labourers because they did not want the Centre to carry out development works in the province. The construction of roads, they believe, is actually a tool to invite economic powers like China to come and exploit the natural resources of the province. According to them, the killing of the labourers was actually an act of sending a message to the world that they were not happy with the grand design of making Makran a trade route — that the local people want none of the changes the Centre is forcing on them.
Comment: Some of the readers' remarks are very interesting!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Four years on: ‘Bin Laden hideout will likely be turned into playground :eek:
“The government has long mulled over the fate of the former hideout,” he said, adding proposals of constructing a girls’ college, a park or a playground were being considered. “Since the area lacks a playground for children, I personally believe it should be turned into one,” he maintained. The minister said a final decision will be announced shortly.
Comment: After The Deep State has approved the plan !
The construction of a girls college on the property has been a long-standing demand of the locals. In an earlier interview, a local, Rehmanullah, said the people of Abbottabad have been humiliated in front of the government and intelligence agencies for hosting Bin Laden in the garrisoned town, adding that this was not the end of their suffering – residents of Bilal Town had to undergo psychological trauma as a result of the post-US raid security measures.
:((

Comment: Hosing down the evidence !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

India not threatened by Pakistan-China economic corridor: envoy :)
“India has no worry over the construction of Pakistan-China Economic Corridor as an economically-strong Pakistan would bring stability to the region,” Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan said, addressing a meeting of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KPCCI) in Peshawar, according to Economic Times.
However, he added after a passage of 14 years, the trade volume between India and China has jumped to $65 billion to $70 billion, while trade between India and Pakistan is around $2.5 billion to $2.9 billion.
:rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Falijee wrote:
However, he added after a passage of 14 years, the trade volume between India and China has jumped to $65 billion to $70 billion, while trade between India and Pakistan is around $2.5 billion to $2.9 billion.
The CPEC is in no way going to contribute towards increasing the trade volume between China & Pakistan.

By the way, the Chinese agreement of 18% ROI is a steep one deliberately made by the Chinese to extract concessions from Pakistan later when it throws up its hands unable to pay back. In order to sustain the 18% ROI on dollar terms for power plants which will be first off the block, Pakistan will have to increase the electricity charges for its consumers. Will Pakistan be able to do that? Will Pakistan be able to collect electricity charges from its consumers who are already not paying much?

When that happens, China will bare its fangs and Pakistan will have to concede more sovereignty to its new Master.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

18% IRR on $1.7-2.0 million per MW of Coal power. The corresponding cost in India is about $1.0 million per MW for a plant set to become operational in 2018.

What with China's cheaper power equipments,etc what is the actual IRR hanji?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

China is probably going to demand exclusive mining rights to the many mines in Balochistan, NWFP and POK. The area in most of pakistan is unexplored because Pakistan has been busy converting to an ever purer islam in its towns and villages.

Then the road up north and gawadar port will be used to ship the minerals to china for free as Paisa vasool.
In return china will continue to provide some ding dongs and bandars bit by bit everytime the bakis cry
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Balochistan CM says not taken into confidence on Pak- China corridor :cry:
QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister (CM) Dr Abdul Malik Baloch on Sunday said he was not taken into confidence by anyone with regards to the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
“The people of Balochistan must benefit from these projects,” he said, adding that the people of Gwadar must be given preference for jobs and other benefits.
:rotfl:

Comment: Being "selected" to be the Chief Minister (?), he should know by now, that his provinces affairs are governed from Aabpara !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Progress towards peace talks unclear as Taliban, Afghan figures meet
AL KHOR/ISLAMABAD: Taliban representatives met with Afghan political figures for a second day on Sunday, but it was unclear if the dialogue hosted by Qatar moved any closer to long-awaited formal negotiations to end Afghanistan's devastating war.
The Taliban recently launched a fierce new offensive in northern Afghanistan that brought its fighters to the outskirts of Kunduz city, a provincial capital.
Comment: (Taliban ) Actions speak louder than the (Taliban) words!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Sindhi tribesmen emulate their Balochi neighbours
DADU: Tension gripped the hilly Karo Koat area in the west of Dadu district on Saturday when several tribal chieftains, including former federal minister Sardar Yar Mohammed Rind, ratcheted up their “struggle for the rights of local population” and the area police called out Rangers personnel to help them avert a possible showdown.
The strength of around 800 tribesmen besieging the Karo Koat base camp and fields of the Polish oil and gas exploration firm rose to around 1,200 on Saturday. The tribesmen blocked food, water and other supplies to the firm’s staff and field workers about a week ago and the DIG leading a strong police force succeeded in restoring the supplies on Saturday evening.
Speaking to the media on Saturday, Sardar Yar Mohammed Khan Rind apprehended that he might be arrested or even killed, and vowed to continue the struggle for the local people’s rights. He noted that the detention order had been issued by the Sindh government, and alleged that the people associated with the ruling party were eyeing the lands with rich natural resources.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Nawaz Sharif assumes public relations role on behalf of Pak Army !
In a statement released on Saturday, Nawaz said the MQM chief had hurt the sentiments of millions with his anti-Army remarks.
:(
The chief military spokesperson, Maj Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa, used his Twitter account not only to rebut the allegations but also announced legal action against Altaf, who in a late Thursday night address to his supporters had made references to the surrender of Pakistani troops after the fall of Dhaka in 1971.
:evil:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pakistanis don't like #RANDI :rotfl: