India-US Relations : News and Discussion- II

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Relations : News and Discussion- II

Post by Prem »

Amber G. wrote:
We have resolved to deepen cooperation on counter-terrorism and extremism.
Terrorist Naashi Doval Ghutti, Aik Hi Doze Kaafi hai .

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

That picture is awesome. Makes you wonder who is more powerful in charting India's destiny.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

If u listen to Uneven Cohen, it would appears as if Jihad in Afghanistan against commie Russia is still going on. Guy is quite upset with Modi for not talking to Munna and resolving Kashmir.

http://t.co/jhzoicu6XB
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ppl, read what this (never mind, I am so civilized now) wrote back in 2003:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/may/03dilip.htm
But today, we can ask: Who were the patriots? Those who rallied to the defence of a murderous madman who, less than a year after the plot, had completed the job of leading his country into devastation? The madman himself?

Or were the patriots the men like Stauffenberg, who tried to rid their country of the disease of Nazism and died trying? What about Rommel, who fought hard and with immense distinction in North Africa even as he grew disillusioned with Hitler? Was he a patriot?

Sixty years on, another war has come and gone. As wars do, this one has left in its wake many of the same questions about patriotism that Stauffenberg raised when he slipped that briefcase under that table.

During the weeks of war in Iraq, we heard a lot about Iraqis -- not just soldiers, but ordinary citizens -- fighting hard for Saddam and country. Some had even returned to Iraq from abroad, leaving behind jobs and family to 'defend the fatherland'. Many hated Saddam, but nevertheless believed that their duty as Iraqis was to battle the invaders from Britain and the US: 'my country, right or wrong', haven't we heard that before? Patriots all: in various Indian corners, what these warriors -- particularly the men who came back to fight -- felt for Iraq was hailed as patriotism distilled to its purest. There was much wistful yearning for India to be filled with such patriotism. Again.

But juxtapose that patriotism with the scenes as Saddam's regime finally crumbled. Euphoric Iraqis poured into the streets to kick at his fallen statue, to celebrate in myriad other ways. You need not support George Bush in what George McGovern called a senseless and immoral campaign in Iraq -- and I was repulsed by it -- to recognise that euphoria for what it was: the joyful relief of release from the grip of another murderous tyrant.

So let's ask again: who are the Iraqi patriots? The men who fought to defend a regime like Saddam's? Or the ecstatic hordes who dragged his bullet-ridden bust through Baghdad's streets? The non-resident Iraqis who rode into battle for God and Saddam and country? Or the grateful Iraqis who welcomed victorious foreign troops with hugs and kisses?

Or let's ask variations on those questions: is it patriotic to support a tyrant and killer solely because your country is under attack and he rules it? Is it traitorous to long for your country to be rid of that killer by whatever means: yes, including Bush's 'senseless and immoral' invasion across your borders?

Back in India, many were appalled by Bush for this reason more than most: what if he decided on a similar venture into India? But if he did, how should a patriotic Indian react?

Stand and fight, of course! Naturally.

But let's make the questions a little harder to answer. Leave aside the hypocrisy Bush and his cronies have flaunted. Let's build a hypothesis instead: that, like Iraq, India is ruled by a despotic regime.

Suppose it has ignored -- and by ignoring, aggravated -- the suffering of millions of miserably poor Indians, many of whom go to sleep hungry and sick every single night. It has stoked hatreds among Indians, hatreds that have led to regular massacres all over the country. Too often, state machinery has participated in these great crimes. It has paid no attention to the need to punish the perpetrators of such massacres. Too often, it has rewarded them with power and protection, status and wealth. It has snuffed out any public faith in the rule of law -- not just by perverting the courts and police, but by installing criminals as the makers and keepers of the law. And, in this thought experiment, the greatest criminal of all heads the regime.

Remember: just a hypothesis.

But now, still in this hypothesis, how must a patriotic Indian react? Does she defend this ghastly junta to the world, because after all and always, it's 'my country, right or wrong'? Does he take up arms to fight its wars, to defend it to the death against foreign aggression, because of his love for India? (Does this love mean you must die for criminals?)

Then what do we say about those who might plot against the obscenity that blights their land, as Stauffenberg did, who fight to free India of it? Are they patriots? If so, what if they welcomed a force from abroad that toppled this hypothetical regime, as many Iraqis did? Are they still patriots?

In his superb history of the Second World War, John Keegan writes that Stauffenberg recognised the mortal danger of defeat into which the Führer had led the fatherland and anticipated the disgrace and punishment that the iniquity of Nazism would bring to his countrymen in its wake. Stauffenberg's motives, in short, were patriotic.

Churchill called Hitler a patriot. Keegan calls Stauffenberg a patriot. You can make your own call. But think of this: If Stauffenberg had succeeded that July day, he would have saved Germany from the ruin Hitler left in 1945. From the crumbling wasteland of 'my country, right or wrong'.

That's why he was a German patriot. That's why he died.

You can send your comments directly to me at dilipd@rediff.co.in
Dilip D'Souza
Don't you think this oiseule was calling for foreign invasion/ terrorism to overthrow India's government? Rediff deleted that debate and left only PR comments there.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile ..two photographs going viral ...MZ called this among the five "favorite moments" from PM Modi's visit that Mr Zuckerberg shared on Facebook. He captioned the photo - "a big hug" and got for it 40K likes and comments like - "it's a hug from 1,25,0000000 people.

Not to be out done, here is another Jaddo Ki Japki - In NY after a day...
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the bear hug is like
kiss ka kitab?
kiss ka chehre?

---

btw, anyone of you nod yes for 'brain gain'?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think Modi has been making promises, but to differentiate, he should put a time based deadline and rate himself.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

which promise(s) are you talking about? i am sure each has a different measurement
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He did. Watch the part of the SJCC speech where he said:
I need a certificate from you
and proceeded to compare promises with delivered items.
1. Zero-Opening-Balance Bank accounts: now over 180 million (I mean, think of that mind-boggling number - in 16 months!) And they have already got INR 35,000 crores in them.
2. Catastrophic insurance
3. Aadhar card link
4. Savings in gas cylinder subsidies.
And he didn't even mention the 415,000 toilets in public schools.

This is all inside 16 months. What more measurements can one expect? This is grass-roots revolution, history in the making.

I would not be impressed at all by claims that he got a $40B sweat-shop to locate to India. Anyone can do that, selling the nation cheap to slave-drivers. What he has done, no one else could have pulled off, nor did for the past 60 years.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

the man clearly said "you have congress 60 years, you give me 60 months and judge me after that"

any brfite who buys into the incessant barking needs to remember the above line.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:Ppl, read what this (never mind, I am so civilized now) wrote back in 2003:

Edited for brevity...
You can send your comments directly to me at dilipd@rediff.co.in
Dilip D'Souza
Don't you think this oiseule was calling for foreign invasion/ terrorism to overthrow India's government? Rediff deleted that debate and left only PR comments there.[/quote]

Any relative to dinesh dsouza?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

btw, Modi is not doing anything for middle to upper class. he is concentrating only on the poor! which is the need of the hour. awesome job there! full marks.. when labor and land reforms happen, industries will flourish.. more poor will become middle then.

right track, rightly done.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^That entire story about targeting the 'neo-middle class' ain't overdone. There's method in madness and madness in method at work here...

That said, will have to wait and watch what'll happen to our "ease of doing business' ranking come 2017. That's one measurable goal that Modi sarkar can be held up to. The goal was to move up a 100 ranks no less, from the extant 142.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Raja Bose wrote:Can someone post a proper YouTube video of the SAP Center event? The one Amber G posted seems to have no sound! :shock:
Nothing beats listening amid audience at SAP center.

I'm yet to listen to this in youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8V_uwSOlgak
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

KJo wrote:I think Modi has been making promises, but to differentiate, he should put a time based deadline and rate himself.
And to just differentiate, after accomplishing his goals he should resign after 5 years, and dissolve BJP. People then surely will respect him for that, and vote for him and BJP again...wait a minute there is no BJP...never mind.

Boss he is a politician, though par excellence. He will promise 100 things, and will and can only achieve, say 50 of them. Do you want him to go the people saying I did not do half of what I said? The stupid people will vote him out, and Congress will return. Congress in turn has promised 600 things and done 6 things. (all numbers are arbitrary...so don't ask me to prove them :-) )
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

comes back to the same hindu failing of expecting a God King...and falling apart in confusion and terror when the god king goes away or just a capable human occupies the dragon throne in delhi.

our capacity for social organization and cohesive progress on any matter is weak compared to east asian titans. people 'act smart' all the time to display their individual skills rather than play for the team strategy.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

In other words we are not "Confucian" and hence not "confuced" to stand in a line behind the one Neo.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I don't think this was posted, but I wonder how news paper editors make decisions. Of all the people, this rag could have picked up to write about ModiJi's visit to Silicon Valley, how and why did they end picking this clown?

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_2 ... red-by-his
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

^^^^^
CRamS,

I think it's about time you didn't fall into a click bait trap like this one. Media outlets all over the world use such contrarian crap to get folks to click on their website so that they can show better traffic numbers to advertisers.

All that's needed is a contrarian POV. Just chill man, just after reading your post I clicked on the link and so will many others who visit this dhaga and that will add up for Mercury News and the editors will have a smile on their face.

PS: Since you posted this, you should have also added this comment at the end of the article:
Prahalad • an hour ago
This is an amazingly mediocre piece of writing. Forget the content, as an Indian I feel insulted by the quality of this writing. I know Indian teenagers who write much better than this juvenile, rambling, incoherent cr*p. I can't believe that mercury news published it. I guess the editor decided to publish it simply because it was written by an Indian and expressed what seemed like a contrarian view? The folks at Mercury News should do some research. Trust me, you will find much better minds/writers that this mediocrity.

Here is another article by Ashwin Murthy where he says that he came to the US to pursue grad studies and immediately became a "patriotic american". Really?!! So he was never a "patriotic Indian"? Someone please give him a green card. He is desperate and will do anything for a green card.

https://app.fwd.us/stories/352

Of all the nonsense he wrote in this article, this takes the prize:
"These U.S. tech companies must now insist upon top-down changes from Modi's government to ensure that such a revolution is never necessary in India."

What the bleep is he talking about?!!! Does this guy have any idea what he is talking about?
PPS: I think we have crossed the hump. Desh doesn't need the endorsement of all and sundry just ignore a few barking dogs. The guys who matter, like that youngster who changed his dress from a hoody to a suit and tie for the occasion, understand the change. I'm surprised that you don't.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

With the naggling nabbobs of negativity continuing to whine that India's not made the high table yet... lookie here, Modi sharing the same table as Obama and Putin.... kewl, eh? [Pic taken at a lunch in NY hoisted by UN Secy general]

Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

UlanBatori wrote:

And proceeded to compare promises with delivered items.

1. Zero-Opening-Balance Bank accounts: now over 180 million (I mean, think of that mind-boggling number - in 16 months!) And they have already got INR 35,000 crores in them.
2. Catastrophic insurance
3. Aadhar card link
4. Savings in gas cylinder subsidies.
And he didn't even mention the 415,000 toilets in public schools.

This is all inside 16 months. What more measurements can one expect? This is grass-roots revolution, history in the making.

I would not be impressed at all by claims that he got a $40B sweat-shop to locate to India. Anyone can do that, selling the nation cheap to slave-drivers. What he has done, no one else could have pulled off, nor did for the past 60 years.
(A little bit off topic.)

This is precisely why NaMo is considered so dangerous/harmful by the elitist, paki-esque INC crowd. NaMo introduces actual *accountability in governance*, for the first time since independence. He asks the people to 'certify'/judge him as PM/the government on performance, to *measure* the governments performance. This is revolutionary and a mortal threat to the elitist parasites, the politicians/activists of the secular kind. The INC/communists/other 'seculars' have the same mindset as the Paki elite: keep the poor, poor and dependent, while they loot the country and flourish. NaMo is empowering the poor.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

AmitJi, not very clear. How would one know without reading that farticle on what the content is? So my question remains, of all the NRIs in the valley, how is it that they picked this moron to puke his bile, and how did they expect their readership to go up as a result? The answer may be as simple as editorial bias. Like NYT giving space to Pankaj Misra but would ignore Rajiv Malhotra. (And note his use of the word, "oppressing minorities", and of course he mentions Christains, so you get the drift, the newspaper possibly has EJ connections, and this clown was a good sepoy pandering to those sentiment).
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

amit wrote:^^^^^
CRamS,

I think it's about time you didn't fall into a click bait trap like this one. Media outlets all over the world use such contrarian crap to get folks to click on their website so that they can show better traffic numbers to advertisers.

All that's needed is a contrarian POV. Just chill man, just after reading your post I clicked on the link and so will many others who visit this dhaga and that will add up for Mercury News and the editors will have a smile on their face.
not only the first click. the comments also add up to traffic.

modi sells. writing crap about modi sells more.

nowadays i just hover on the URL - which shows a mousover text of the full URL which usually has the heading of article and i am pretty good at keeping out click baits that way.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

How would one know without reading that farticle on what the content is?

====

i can usually tell just by the heading. let's see from google new with modi filter

first hit
Modi touts social media, tech development in Facebook visit
CNBC-1 hour ago
probably starts neutral, will definitely list out opponents views and give that credibility using the false equivalency technique, and the usual disclaimer of guj riots
What has India achieved from Modi's foreign trips? asks Kejriwal
The Indian Express-1 hour ago
do i even need to say anything?

this should belong in unreal times or fakingnews. but a national paper runs such stories. sigh.
Why Narendra Modi hugs the headlines
BBC News-2 hours ago
coming from the beeb, this would DEFINITELY be a useless farticle of inane stuff....

this i would definitely not touch.
Why Everyone's Talking About This Video of PM Modi and Mark ...
NDTV-2 hours ago
this one too. will be some useless yak yak about modi pulling away zuckerberg from camera blocking.

will probably NOT mention that it was the cameraman who was prompting it saying 'mark, mark'..because the cameraman wanted mark to move and modi merely obliged him
Facebook started in '04, Twitter in '06: Omar on Modi's joining social ...
The Indian Express-3 hours ago
this is another breed of people. these people have nothing else to do. are afraid of totally falling off the news. so they will bandwagon on modi train, while trying to throw poop on him. little do they realise that it all falls back on them due to the speed of modi train. :lol:
Wash hands Zuck after meeting Modi, activists to Facebook CEO
India Today-3 hours ago
This would be the stuff that would make some here pop a vein.

probably useful in fishing out names to check with cross lists of "activists"

so, this is how you can know what is in an article without even reading it. :P
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

ShyamSP wrote: Nothing beats listening amid audience at SAP center...
Yes, except, perhaps being invited to and listening to his address at the Digital India and Digital Technology Dinner in San Jose, California :mrgreen:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

+1 multa ji
+2 seldon ji.. bhere ij our dehati guy and his eleven ping cohort?

bric ij becoming brie?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Amber G. wrote:
Yes, except, perhaps being invited to and listening to his address at the Digital India and Digital Technology Dinner in San Jose, California :mrgreen:

There were a few other BRFites at that dinner.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SaiK, No need for Pingrez.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Amber G. wrote:
At SAP center, he saw audience as his and directly spoke to him. Speech content and language was irrelevant but connecting to people and getting heartful admiration was amazing. US Congressmen and Mayors there can only wish they can captivate people like that except may be Tulasi Gubbard who had roaring shout-out when she was invited to stage.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Some times, pictures say it all.

Thanks to LA Times for this article and pictures.

I am posting the pictures here. Hope people like it as much as I did.

Pope Francis and India's Narendra Modi Visits to America in Pictures - LA Times

Obama welcomed the pope at the airport, hugged Modi at the U.N.
The pope hung out with the homeless, immigrants and people of all colors, so did Modi.

Large crowds to see the pope in Philadelphia, Modi in California.

Both rub elbows with state and business leaders.

On climate change, the pope quoted Martin Luther King Jr., while Modi went with Gandhi

The pope made John Boehner cry, while Mark Zuckerberg left Modi in tears.

Protesters dogged Modi on human rights record, while pope fans successfully protested ... a tent
( Aside from a small group that held signs reading, "Pervert Pope" and "Prime murderer Modi")
(Look at the signs! :) )

On the role of women

(Asked about the role of women as Indian society grows, Modi said, “If we want to achieve our economic goals, then we cannot do that if we imprison 50% of our population inside their homes.” Modi spoke about the importance of educating young girls in India, and his campaigns to encourage families to send their daughters to school.

Francis called nuns "women of strength, fighters, with that spirit of courage which puts you in the front lines in the proclamation of the Gospel.” He added, “What would the church be without you?”

(Pictures are taken from Los Angeles Times's article)
Nice!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Raja Bose wrote:Looks like both Chacha and Microsoft are on-board the Modi Express.

Google is putting WiFi in 400 Indian train stations

Microsoft will deliver low-cost broadband to 500,000 rural Indian villages
You missed this one with Bawarchi: Modi Invites Apple to Setup Manufacturing in India
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

The morons at LA times really put the Pope and Modi in the same article?

I hope people see through what the pope is really trying to do.

The pope has not changed position regarding child sexual abuse by clergy and the judgement on abortions.He made vague statements that never mean anything, like saying very generic things like "I feel for abuse victims" etc.

He is trying to make Catholicism look "cool" again as the church is loosing its grip on the wealthy part of the west. There is also a motivation to appease the WASP because his foot soldiers from the less wealthy part of the west, the Latin Americans, will soon be in conflict with the WASP power structure in the US.

The pope heads an organization that is responsible for millions of deaths, often in the most horrific manner. He is essentially the head of what used to be ISIS.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

For South Asia scholars history starts in year 2002 CE.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Mort, I only listed tangible promises. The Apple one is fluff and unlikely to happen.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Amber ji, Modi brought home Bijnej makes it a small but effective difference.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

LATimes? How did it compare to their coverage of Deal Comlade Readel, their sponsor?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile instead of talking endlessly about how scholars and experts think what happened allow me to post the remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Modi After Bilateral Meeting from the White House site.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... -bilateral
Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Modi of India After Bilateral Meeting

United Nations Headquarters
New York, New York

12:19 P.M. EDT

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, it is a great pleasure to meet once again with my good friend, Prime Minister Modi. Our meeting builds on the progress that was made during the wonderful visit that I was able to make to India, to the Prime Minister’s invitation, and the historic participation that I had with Republic Day. We’ve elevated our ties. We’ve committed ourselves to a new partnership between our two countries. And there’s been excellent follow-through on a whole range of issues.

Much of our discussion today focused on the upcoming climate conference in Paris. We agreed that this is a critical issue for the world; that all of us have responsibilities. We are encouraged by the aggressive nature of *President Prime Minister Modi’s commitment to clean energy. And what I indicated to the Prime Minister is that I really think that India’s leadership in this upcoming conference will set the tone not just for today but for decades to come. And I have great confidence in our ability to partner with other large countries, like China, and the European Union’s efforts in order for us to really solve this problem in a significant way that will help not just our people, but I think can actually be an engine of growth over the long term.

We also had a chance to talk about trade and investment, where our governments and business leaders met again last week to forge new partnerships to create jobs and opportunities for Indians and Americans. Prime Minister Modi has called on the Indian diaspora in the United States, which is very large and very successful, to contribute their talents to India’s progress. And that’s something that we welcome.

And we discussed how we can further refine our strategic vision -- our common joint vision moving forward for security and partnerships. And that encompasses everything from scientific exchanges and educational exchanges, to security cooperation and defense procurement. On all these issues, the Prime Minister has been an outstanding partner, and it reflects the fact that as the two largest democracies in the world -- or two of the largest democracies in the world, we have an opportunity to help to define a common set of principles that are consistent with what the United Nations believes and are consistent with what both India’s and the United States’ founders believed -- that governments are there to serve their people and to provide uplift and prosperity to everyone. And in my interactions with Prime Minister Modi, I have to say that those ideals are ones that he not only gives lip service to but he also acts on. And so we very much appreciate his friendship and his partnership.

PRIME MINISTER MODI: President Obama, members of the media, it is a great pleasure to meet President Obama in New York. Thank you for your hosting this meeting. I deeply value our friendship and your vision and commitment for the relationship between our two countries.

We have achieved significant progress in our bilateral cooperation and international partnership. I was in Silicon Valley over the weekend; I experienced the strength of American innovation and enterprise that provide the foundation of American success. I also the driving force of our relationship -- youth, technology and innovation -- and the natural partnership of Indian and Americans in advancing human progress.

California also reminds us that India and the United States are part of the dynamic Asia Pacific region. Many of the problems that world faces today and the global challenges that we see ahead, our partnership is a great significance for us and our world. We can apply innovation and technology by achieving sustainable development goals, including combatting climate change and conserving nature.

The President and I share an uncompromising commitment on climate change without affecting our ability to meet the development aspirations of humanity. We have both set ambitious national agendas. In India, our agenda includes not just a plan to have 175 gigawatt of renewable energy by 2022, but a development strategy that will enable us to transition to a more sustainable energy mix. This is an exercise we are undertaking in the spirit of our culture and tradition, but also because of our commitment to the future of this planet. Our extraordinary bilateral partnership in the energy sector focus on clean and renewable energy and energy efficiency.

I also thank President Obama for his positive response to my call for a global public partnership for developing affordable clean-energy source. And that will enable faster eruption of clean energy across the world. We should work together to advance the goal. And it is equally important to develop mechanisms to ensure that the affordable also become accessible to those who need it the most.

We look forward to comprehensive and concrete outcome in Paris with a positive agenda on combatting climate change which also focuses on access to finance and technology for the developing world, especially the poor countries and small island states.

I thank President Obama for the U.S. support for India’s permanent membership of a reformed U.N. Security Council. I also sought the U.S. support to complete the reform process within a fixed timeframe. I expressed our appreciation for continued U.S. support for India’s membership of the International Export Control Regimes within our targeted timeframe.

Our partnership addresses a broad range of strategic and security concerns. Our defense cooperation, including defense training, is expanding. As extremist terrorism threats grow and new ones emerge, we have resolved to further deepen cooperation on counterterrorism and radicalism.

We have just had a successful cybersecurity dialogue. We have agreed to further strengthen our consultation and cooperation on helping the Afghan people combat terrorism and build a peaceful, stable and prosperous future of their nation.

I welcome the progress in giving shape to our joint strategic vision on our Asia Pacific and Indian Ocean region, and also our joint engagement with regional partners like Japan. This will also strengthen our maritime security cooperation. To further increase our strategic engagement in the region, I look forward to work with the U.S. for India’s membership of Asian Pacific Economic Community.

Our economic partnership is a key driver of our relationship. I had an excellent meeting with business leaders in New York and San Jose. I’m very pleased with the confidence in India, and value their constructive feedback and suggestions. We will also continue to work towards a stronger bilateral framework of economic cooperation, including the Bilateral Investment Treaty and Globalization Agreement.

This meeting and my engagement in the U.S. demonstrate the extraordinary depth and diversity of our relationship. Our meeting today was very productive in advancing some of our immediate priorities and also our broader strategic partnership.

Thank you.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Thank you.

END
12:29 P.M. EDT
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I hope Modi ji includes our BhaBha's 3rd stage plans in the mix!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

:mrgreen: :) :mrgreen:
Amber G. wrote:Okay ... I posted a few days ago...
Amber G. wrote:
Also.. may not get into news anytime soon but...

I am waiting for India/US to work on things like Google Glasses (which can measure blood glucose level and help millions effected by diabetes.. (Edited _ I meant google devices )
Form Google Campus.. Breaking news ..
Mr. Modi gets a view of Project Iris — smart lens that measure glucose levels. 8)

Or Theranos/Elizabeth Homes to announce opening its blood testing centers in India..

Or.. Tesla/IITK joint development of good batteries..(to store solar power)..

Khan Academy providing its expertise so I can coach math to wider audience in Rajasthan..

All by 2019 or before..! :)
Yep, Tesla is interested.. (Some of the IIT'ans were actually talking with Namo in Digital India Dinner about this)

And Google is to announce that it will be easier to use an Indian language when I coach wider audience..in Rajasthan using google hangout!

Let us hope to hear from Elizabeth Homes about those Therano's type centers..
8)

Meanwhile Khagaul (where Aryabhatta had an observatoryl) be .. pinpointed on Google Earth...
Wrt
Khan Academy providing its expertise so I can coach math to wider audience in Rajasthan..
Here is a tweet:
Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi Sep 28
Discussed aspects relating to education & knowledge during the meeting with Mr. Salman Khan, founder of Khan Academy :)