Re: Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion-2015

Post by Prem »

sunnyP wrote:
gandharva wrote:Massive crowds for Abu Kasim - happens every time a terrorist gets killed.....
How on earth do you deal with a state which has so many Jihadi supporting fifth columnists who hate their fellow countrymen just because the latter share a different faith to theirs? No amount of development will please these parasites.Other than flooding the valley with tens of millions of Indians from other states in order to dilute the separatist voice I cannot see another solution to this problem - but there seems to be no political will to go down this route.
Slave owners of South were worst yet Lincoln successfully dealt with them. These Jihadi Cowards must be grinded for generations till turned into normal human. We are not in rush, are we?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

How is this any different from any other part of India? 'Dilution' hasn't worked anywhere.

At some point the monkeys will demand session. It's in their DNA.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Only 1 Pandit family returned to Valley in 25 years
Nov 1, 2015, 01.03 PM IST

NEW DELHI: An estimated 4.5 lakh Kashmiri Pandits migrated from the valley after militancy reared its ugly head in the state in 1990s. Despite various schemes to bring them back to valley, including the Prime Minister Rehabilitation Plan of 2008 under which Rs 1,600 crore package was granted by the Centre, the efforts have borne no fruit.

On Friday, the J&K government told the Supreme Court that only one Kashimri Pandit family has returned to the Valley, sending a clear message that people are still afraid of going back.

The state government in its affidavit filed through advocate Sunil Fernandes admitted that there has not been much progress in respect of the various components of the Rs 1,600 package except in respect of employment and construction of transit accommodation for the displaced Pandits in the Valley.

"In furtherance of the return and rehabilitation scheme for Kashmiri migrants, the government has taken various initiatives, including inviting applications from those interested in returning to the Valley. In this regard, the government has so far received 6,510 applications but due to lack of consensus among the migrants and their family members, only one family has returned to the valley under the said package," it said.

The affidavit was filed after the court pulled up the government over its inertia to implement rehabilitation packages for the Pandits. It had asked the state to explain whether it set aside even a single sale of house as illegal since hundreds of houses between 1990-97 belonging to Pandits were sold illegally after they fled the valley.

The state government said that 469 units of transit accommodation have been built for migrant Kashmiris and 3,000 posts were created in various departments for providing employment to the migrant youths interested in working in the valley,

It informed the top court that an additional 3,000 government jobs would be created exclusively for the migrants with assistance from the Centre, which has approved construction of 6,000 units of accommodation in the Valley for them.

The government, however, was mum on whether the distress sale of property by the Pandits was illegal and should be quashed. The court had directed the government to furnish a list of all such properties which were sold by people while leaving the Valley after militancy hit the state.

It, however, said so far the government has issued 5,931 sale permissions for registration of immovable properties belonging to Kashmiri migrants.

Under Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Immovable Property (Preservation, Protection and Restraint on Distress Sales) Act, 1997, a migrant's assets cannot be soled without getting approval from the revenue commissioner. The Act also empowers the district magistrates (DM) to take over the possession of immovable properties, belonging to migrants.

The government had earlier assured the court that properties auctioned between 1990 to 1997 would be declared "illegal" and restored to owners.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It seems there has been no progress on Modi govts plans for KP rehabilitation. Disappointing so far.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

KPs don't want to go there. They are comfy where they are at present. Need to think alternatives.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Pictures of abandoned homes of Kashmiri Pandits: link
Photographs of some of those homes formed part of a poignant exhibition mounted in 2009 by artist Veer Munshi and curator Ranjit Hoskote called Shrapnel, which documented the aftermath of the mass exodus of Pandits from the state a decade earlier ..
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... o-pm-modi/
Reach out to Pak from Srinagar, Hurriyat ready to talk: Mirwaiz to PM Modi
Amid expectation in Srinagar that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will announce a long-awaited economic package when he visits the city later this week, Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq has said what is more important for Kashmir is a political initiative from the Modi government.
In an interview to The Indian Express, the Mirwaiz, who is perceived to be a moderate among the separatists and leads his own faction of the Hurriyat Conference, said the Hurriyat is ready to engage with the Centre in a “meaningful” political initiative but also stressed the importance of Pakistan in any such process.He asked Prime Minister Modi, “(like) Vajpayee, announce a hand of friendship to Pakistan from here”.“The Hurriyat stands for a meaningful dialogue for the resolution of Kashmir with both India and Pakistan,” he said.On his 13th visit to Jammu and Kashmir after coming to power last year, and his fifth visit to Srinagar, Modi is set to address a rally at the Sher-e-Kashmir stadium in Srinagar on November 7. On the same day, he is to inaugurate the Baglihar II power project in Ramban.
There is high expectation here that the Prime Minister will unveil a financial package for the state that will include grants for post-flood rehabilitation and infrastructure development, which the ruling PDP has been demanding since it took office in coalition with the BJP in the state.
The Mirwaiz, who has thrown himself behind pro-Pakistan Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani’s call for a “million march” event at the TRC ground on the same day as the Prime Minister’s rally, said people need the money to rebuild lives, but a political initiative is more important.
What we hear that this is going to be a visit where Rs 70,000 or 90,000 crore is going to be announced. Definitely after the floods, we need money, we need help. But then, not only an economic package. There has to be a political initiative. Engagement with Pakistan, engagement with Kashmiris, on the same lines as they were doing in the past. New Delhi has to reach out to both Pakistan and the people of Kashmir, and realise that they cannot always continue militarily,” he said.
“Nobody wants Mr Modi to come and talk about his mantra of development. The people of Kashmir have gone through a terrible time, they are still in terrible times. What we really need is a political approach by New Delhi. A certain amount of respect has to be shown to the people of Kashmir. Yes, we are in a difficult state… yes, money is needed, resources are needed. But New Delhi has to look beyond this, look at it from a political dimension, I would say from a human dimension, because there has been so much pain and suffering in Kashmir over the last 20 -25 years,” he said.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

http://www.financialexpress.com/article ... jk/160361/
A bench headed by Justice JS Khehar sought reply from various borrowers, who have mortgaged their properties in favour of the banks/financial institutions, after SBI challenged the J&K High Court’s judgment that held that the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, enacted by Parliament in 2002, cannot be enforced in the state owing to this unique constitutional position.
Nice scam this - take a loan from a bank with collateral, default on it and use Article 370 as rationale to escape consequences.
Neshant
BRF Oldie

Post by Neshant »

Quit giving them all these economic packages. When the money runs dry all the tamashya ends.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This judgement once given may have far reaching implications. Hope good sense prevails in SC.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Did SC open the door for deletion of Article 370 ?
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... eme-court/
Refusing to entertain a PIL that wanted Article 370 removed from the Constitution, a bench led by Chief Justice H L Dattu said that the court cannot issue such directives. “Will it be done by the court or by Parliament? Can we ask Parliament to delete a provision from the Constitution? It is not for this court to do so,” observed the bench, also comprising Justice Amitava Roy.
“We can strike down a provision if it is unconstitutional but we cannot be asking Parliament to remove a provision. It has to be done by them (Parliament),” said the bench as it asked Yadav to file a better petition if he intends to pursue this matter any further.
According to Yadav, Article 370 and the consequent Presidential Order abridge the Constitutional scheme and also violate Part III, which relates to the fundamental rights of people and comprises the basic structure. He pointed out that Article 370 has been titled as a “temporary provision” that makes it amply clear that it had to go after some time.
The SC has been playing fast and loose with the basic structure argument. Article 370 seems to be far fitter case for basic structure than NJAC where it was used to strike it down. The Govt should press for codified meaning of basic structure to prevent these opportunistic ones.
In any case, is the SC saying Parliament can delete Article 370 using a constitutional amendment and they disagree that this relates to the basic structure and hence Parliament has full powers to go ahead ?
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

A brief history of the Kashmir conflict
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1399992 ... flict.html

the article is an attempt at ==. some glaring omissions, no mention of the pak army infilitrations in 1965 . and the sound thrashings they received. otherwise the story has been presented subjectively to suit some agenda or vested interest
I hope the Norwegians/ Rakshaks spare some time to post some comments to straighten things up
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

PM Modi Announces Rs. 80,000 cr Package For Kashmir, Says 'This Is Just The Beginning'

Srinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a rally at the Sher-i-Kashmir cricket stadium today. This is the PM's first visit to the state after the PDP-BJP coalition came to power.

Here are the highlights

It is this love that brought over here during the floods here last year.
It would have been easy for me to celebrate Diwali with my friends in Delhi, but I decided I should come here and be with the people
When the Chinese President visited India, he had plans to celebrate my birthday, but I said when my friends in Kashmir are struck by floods, I can't celebrate
I just went to seek blessings from my mother
On my birthday, every year my mother used to give me Rs. 5 or Rs. 11 as a token gift, but last year my mother gave me Rs. 5000.
She said, Son, take this money for the flood-affected people of Kashmir
It is this culture (sanskar) that inspires me and gives me strength to care for you
And the mantra that we have chose for governing is sabka saath, sabka vikaas
If any one corner of India is neglected, my dream cannot come true
So I need the support of every corner and every last person of this country
And so I need to bring back those days when everyone used to look forward to visit Kashmir
When every family used to save money to visit Kashmir on their vacations. I need to bring back those days
So that they can feel your hospitality and the gifts of mother nature here
I have seen in my life no matter how big the challenges, they can be overcome
When Gujarat was struck by an earthquake in 2001, the world thought the state would never come back. Thousands died and lost their homes
But I decided, I need to bring my state out of that crisis, and friends, even the World Bank said after such a crisis it would take at least seven years to recover
But the way we worked, in just three years the worst-affected regions were back on their feet
That's why I think we can help Kashmir too, and I can see that day when Kashmir is happy and prosperous
Kashmir has suffered a lot over the years, generations have seen their dreams being crushed
I have come here with a conviction to take Kashmir to its previous glory and I can see that day is not too far
Pick up any newspaper or take out any news channel debate, listen to any international agency from 17 months ago, they all said India was ruined
Some people said India would never catch up with China. But today, they say India is not only catching up but moving ahead of China
Just before coming today, I was reading a report by Transparency International. For the first time in 50 years, India has come ahead of China
Friends, without Kashmiriyat, India is incomplete
This is the land that gave birth to Sufism, which taught us to bring everyone together
No matter how much the world advances, without humanity we are nowhere
Jamuriyat, Insaniyat, Kashmiriyat - these are essential
So it is imperative to bring every family out of the crisis here
And today, Delhi will walk shoulder to shoulder with the J&K government to help the people here
But that's not it, not just recovery, I want to take it much ahead
Employment to the youth of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
The solution of all our problems lies in the employment of the youth
Today, I want to congratulate the youth of Kashmir. In all the competitive exams in our country in the last few years, the youth of Kashmir are faring the best
The state which has Parvez Rasool, why shouldn't there be an international match?
And that day should come soon when international cricket resumes here - in this stadium
And Sehwag, Sachin Dhoni- whoever sent the ball out of the park, they did it with the willow of Kashmir
1.75 crore people go out of India on their vacations, if 5 per cent of those people come here, how great that will be, tell me.
Besides tourism, I want to go towards our traditional development models - Pashmina, Saffron, Apples
And the agriculture sector, for which Kashmir is uniquely endowed, we want to work in that direction
And then infrastructure. We are going to spend Rs. 34,000 crore on Jammu Srinagar Highway. It will cut the journey time cut from 12 to 3.5 hours
Besides we are also dreaming of i-ways - Optical fibre, mobile internet all of this should be the best in class here
If we can develop this, the youth will find employment right here
Then, health. If we improve hospitals make all medicines available, people will be greatly benefited. We want to bring AIIMS here. We want to bring IIT and IIM here.
The handicraft of Kashmir should be revived
And that's why good education, health services for the seniors, agriculture for the villages and farmers and employment for the youth
These are the dreams we have, and for all of this we have decided to give the package of Rs. 80,000 crore for the development of Jammu and Kashmir.
Besides we are also dreaming of i-ways - Optical fibre, mobile internet all of this should be the best in class here
If we can develop this, the youth will find employment right here
Then, health. If we improve hospitals make all medicines available, people will be greatly benefited. We want to bring AIIMS here. We want to bring IIT and IIM here.
The handicraft of Kashmir should be revived
And that's why good education, health services for the seniors, agriculture for the villages and farmers and employment for the youth
These are the dreams we have, and for all of this we have decided to give the package of Rs. 80,000 crore for the development of Jammu and Kashmir.
My friends, my heart wants this Rs. 80,000 crore should be spent to change your fortunes, to give strength to your youth, to build a modern Kashmir
This is the dream that I have come here with. What I have said, I have done.
This treasure of Delhi is for you. And just that, this heart is for you too.
Friends, this development, in Jammu, Kashmir or Ladakh will always be our top agenda
And I dream of a new powerful, resurgent Kashmir

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-naren ... ts-1241084
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

omar abdullah batting for Hurrirats
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

New LeT commander from Pakistan, has already entered Valley: Police
Lashkar-e-Toiba’s new operational commander Abu Musa is a Pakistani national and has recently sneaked into the Valley, police sources have said.

Two days ago, Lashkar named Abu Musa alias Hafiz as its new operational commander for Kashmir and directed all LeT members operating in the Valley to follow his orders.

The new commander was named 10 days after the killing of Abdul Rehman alias Qasim, who was killed in an encounter in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Need to start the countdown timer before the 72s come visiting Abu Musa.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

That is getting blatant. How do they except the rats to know him and follow him etc? This guy must be a ex-isi or ex-uniformed jeehardi.
Is he a pakjabi or is there a kashmiri connection?
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

Jammu’s ‘communal enclaves’ turn realty biz upside down
Builders make allotment of plots on ‘religious lines’, authorities caught unawares
A move that may threaten the social fabric, several “communal enclaves” have started coming up in the city and its periphery with builders making allotments purely on “religious lines”.
While developers of these enclaves have been issuing advertisements on a regular basis, the state government seems to be unmoved by the “emerging threat” to communal harmony in the relatively peaceful region. Sources in the administration say around 10 enclaves based on “religious and communal lines” have already come up or are being set up in the vicinity of the winter capital.
Developers are even promising people from a particular community to get their plots registered within 15 days, indicating at a “nexus” with government and revenue officials.
Yasir Malik, a developer in the Sunjwan area, says around 400 plots in his colony are up for grabs for people purely on a “religious” basis.
“We had around 400 plots in the Sunjwan area. Most have already been sold and only 15 plots are left. Barring 5 per cent plots, all have been allotted to members of the Muslim community. We have taken special care of the religious sentiments of allottees,” the developer says. He says they are in the process of developing another “big” colony in the Bantalab area meant exclusively for members of the Muslim community.
“We have demarcated nearly 1.5 kanals for a mosque inside the colony. A special provision has been made for those who wish buy plots near the mosque,” says Malik.
“Communal enclaves are being set up in the Chowadi, Bajalta, Sidhra and Bantalab areas. This is not only illegal and unconstitutional but can also alter the secular social set-up of the region. A deliberate attempt is being made to change the demography of Jammu district,” says a senior official of the administration.
People are being lured “on religious lines”, which may further create a wedge among communities in the communally sensitive Jammu and Kashmir, he adds. Simrandeep Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Jammu, said he was not aware of advertisements appearing in local newspapers but would look into it.
Mubarak Singh, vice-chairman, Jammu Development Authority, called the move of private developers “unconstitutional”. “We grant building permission to people only after they fulfil the guidelines. The setting up of colonies on religious lines is unconstitutional,” he said.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation ... 60090.html
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

wig wrote:Jammu’s ‘communal enclaves’ turn realty biz upside down
So is it that Kashmir Valley problems are slowly seeping into Jammu as well? Sooner or later the "faithfools" would get their Ghettos out there, and they can start the same trick they tried in Kashmir valley.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
wig wrote:Jammu’s ‘communal enclaves’ turn realty biz upside down
So is it that Kashmir Valley problems are slowly seeping into Jammu as well? Sooner or later the "faithfools" would get their Ghettos out there, and they can start the same trick they tried in Kashmir valley.
undoubtedly.

Their position of strength in the valley only makes their case precarious.

the pakis have masterminded this "expansion" to preempt any BJP "adventures" at division of the state.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

If you happen to visit Jammu, you will be surprised to see new Muslims in all the periphery areas.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

this is how the J&K state govt uses the state subject provision to discriminate against poor persons who have been working in the state for decades altogether
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jammu- ... 60810.html

Valmikis discriminated against in jobs & education, courtesy state’s special status
Not eligible for any other government job besides sweepers
Gurpreet, a resident of Valmiki Colony, Jammu, is doing his masters in political science through distance education mode from a university outside the state. However, he is not going to get a job as per his qualification in any department of the J&K Government because he is “entitled” only for the job of a sweeper.
Same is the story of Reena, who has just completed her MBA, but has been debarred from a government job in J&K because like Gurpreet she also belongs to the Valmki community of Jammu.
Gurpreet and Reena are the glaring examples of “discrimination being” faced by this community. Members of the Valmiki Samaj are living in Jammu since 1957, but they are deprived of all constitutional and human rights due to a separate constitution.
“In the modern world where people speak about equality and parity, our third generation is living in virtual slavery because we have no other option but to do job of sweepers in the government sector in J&K,” Garu Bhatti, president of the Valmiki Colony Welfare Association.
The agony of this community started way back in 1957 when they were especially called from Punjab to employ them as safai karamcharis. Local safai karamcharis went on indefinite strike in 1957. The then Wazir-e-Azam (Prime Minister) of J&K, Bakshi Ghulam Mohammad, convened an emergent Cabinet meeting in which a decision was taken to bring safai karmacharis from other states to solve the crisis. Before 1965, the Chief Minister of J&K was called as Prime Minister.
Over 250 families of Valmikis were brought from Gurdaspur and Amritsar areas of Punjab with a promise to provide them all constitutional rights like other citizens of J&K.
Valmikis, who were brought from Punjab, were not permanent residents of J&K so they were promised at that time, by none else than the then Prime Minister of the state, that rules would be relaxed to grant them PRCs, but nothing has been done so far.
It was only on this assurance the Valmikis from Punjab agreed to work in Jammu. Today, the numbers of these 250 families have swelled to over 5,000 spread in Gandhi Nagar, Dogra Hall, Resham Ghar, Bakshi Nagar, Nagrota, Udhampur and other localities.
“Almost 58 years have passed, but promises remained only on papers,” rued Garu Bhatti, a crusader for the cause of Valmikis, adding, “Besides sweepers, we are debarred from applying for any other government job in J&K because we have been denied Permanent Resident Certificates (PRCs).”
The agony of these Valmki families can be gauged from the fact that their talented and deserving youth are debarred from joining any professional course like MBBS and engineering because they don’t possess PRCs.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Even in these 'safai Karamchari' locality, you will now see Churches all over the place (The place used to have one Valmiki Temple where I used to watch Ram Lila in my childhood).
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Wish the (pseudo) secular would jump in here, but secularism seems to project civility in some ways and project barbarism in other ways, and no standards otherwise.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/rememberi ... r-martyrs/

in memoriam of the persons martyred by Pakistan in Mirpur
Who could guess that the city of Mirpur which as per a legend, was laid by two pious saints namely Mir Shah Gazi (A Muslim Prophet) and Gosain Budh Puri (An Hindu Prophet) presenting a symbol of Hindu Muslim unity by taking the word ‘Mir’ from the name of the former and the word ‘Pur’ from the name of the latter, thus giving the combined name ‘Mirpur’ to the said city, would one day, be annihilated by the political rivalry and frenzy of the leaders of the same two communities of the same country viz India which was later divided into two Dominions i.e India and Pakistan on 15th August 1947.’’
Mirpur city is no more now as the same got submerged in water when the Government of Pakistan constructed Mangla Dam in the late sixties. Now, the only visible sign of Mirpur city is the old crumbled Shiva temple which was in the heart of the city and can be seen in stumbling condition only when the water level of the Dam is low during winter months.
At the time of partition of the country, Mirpur city was the District Headquarters of Jammu and Kashmir State and came on the border line between Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir State. Maharaja Hari Singh the then Ruler of the Jammu and Kashmir State signed the Instrument of Accession with India as a result of which the Jammu and Kashmir State became an integral part of India. This accession could not be digested by Pakistan and wanted to establish army pickets in Mirpur city to find way to grab the entire State subsequently. In order to get cooperation of the citizens of Mirpur to fulfill its nefarious design, the Government of Pakistan sent a bundle of pamphlets written in Urdu and managed to get the same dropped in the city. The said pamphlet indicated that the Government of Pakistan would give special status and super benefits to the people of Mirpur if they would allow the Pakistani soldiers to enter the city of Mirpur to establish their pickets. But the patriotic citizens of Mirpur decided not to allow them to enter the city till they had the last bullet to fight with them. This negative reply was conveyed to Pakistan through the chain of bullets fired from the pickets of the Mirpur city. This brought incessant firing and heavy gun operation from the enemy side also which confirmed the unsolved conflict between the two sides. The Government of Pakistan immediately made an aggressive plan to capture Mirpur city and to take revenge by killing its citizens in a gruesome manner. To achieve that end, the Government of Pakistan made a secret agreement known as “Zen and Zar Agreement’’ with the Pathan mercenaries according to which if Mirpur was captured, the captured women would be taken by the Pathans and the immovable property, land etc would be the share of the Pakistan Government. On the other side, the citizens of Mirpur had determined not to bow before the enemy at any cost and would protect their birth-place (Mirpur) till the Indian army is sent to Mirpur by the Government of India. Alas’. The citizens of Mirpur would have upheld their vow had their ammunition not diminished or the Indian army reached Mirpur to their rescue.
The small and ill equipped state police force stationed at that time, at Mirpur, was fully assisted by the young civil population of the city. The Garrison repulsed the enemy attacks with heavy losses to them on 6th, 10th and 11th November, 1947. At the midnight of November 24, under a thick cover of artillery shelling and bursting of grenades which are normally used during an openly declared war, the Pakistan army launched a major attack on the southern side of the city, which was spiritedly resisted by the depleting garrison force for six hours. This was the heaviest attack witnessed so far. Although the pickets held tough resistance, the enemy came in wave after wave and after six hours of ceaseless fighting, the defense line of the city was runover by seven Pathans. Alarmed by the most critical situation, the Flying Death Squads of the city engaged themselves madly in hand to hand fight with the infiltrators and killed all the seven Pathans at the cost of the life of many young men of the Mirpur community. Though the people of Mirpur displayed tremendous grit and tenacity but the end seemed gloomy and dreadful because that operation brought the city stock of ammunition to zero level. Further, due to the irony of fate, the wireless set installed in the Police Camp at Mirpur, suddenly developed some technical defect and went out of order which led to disruption in radio link with the State Police Headquarters at Jammu and Government of India. Despite war like situation created by Pakistan and accession of the State with India, the Government of India due to political rivalry between the then Prime Minister of India and the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir State, did not send army though at that time the Indian Army was stationed at Jhanghar which was at a distance of only 20 miles from Mirpur.
In that critical situation, the State Administration headed by Wazir Wazarat of Mirpur decided clandestinely to retreat to Jammu leaving behind the hapless civil population of the city to face the warth of the marauders. In fact, at that time it was the moral duty of the State Administration to ask the citizens of Mirpur to vacate the city and march towards Jammu under their protection but contrary to it, the Wazir Wazarat and his police officers galloped their horse and left the city in wee hours on November 25, even leaving behind their own wounded soldiers who were crying in pain of their wounds on their beds in the police line hospital. This coward departure of the State Administration from Mirpur city, gave a jubilant signal to the enemy. Really, at that time, the whole population of the city of Mirpur felt themselves as hanging breathlessly in between the right jaws of the enemy which was very eager to swallow the flesh and even the bones of the people of Mirpur who had refused out rightly to give shelter to the Pakistani soldiers in the city of Mirpur.
Immediately after the departure of the State Administration from the city a fully armed Battalion of the Pakistan army assisted by Pathan raiders entered the city from all the sides and pushed the city population into one corner of the city. The terrified men, women and children in utter chaos and confusion in the midst of heavy firing from all the sides and in choking atmosphere due to smoke coming out of the burning houses of the city, scattered and marched in caravan in different directions without knowing where they were going. They were intecepted by the enemy at various places and like hungry wolves they unleashed terror and brutal savagery which made the whole area an open grave yard of dead bdies and many uncounted seriously wounded uncared persons were battling for life in the whirlpool of their own blood.
This was not the end of the misery of the people of Mirpur. At night of the same day an ill-fated group of about 2,000 captured persons was brought at place known as “Kas Guma’’ a colony of retired Muslim soldiers. The enemy encircled the captives and asked them to surrender all the cash and jewellery which they had with them. Thereafter, the male persons were asked to remove their clothes and lie down in a row. They were tortured brutally and killed in batches during the whole night. The women and girls were taken to unknown places by the Pathans as per their “Zen and Zar’’ Agreement with the Pakistan Government. Next day, the enemy drove another group of about 2,000 persons and brought them at a village known as “Thathal’’. They also met the same brutal treatment as at “Kas Guma’’ during the day. Finally there was a massacre at Alibeg where, about 5,000 captiveswere huddled up in an old deserted and unhygienic ruined Gurdwara building. In the beginning about 50 to 100 young men were daily taken on pick and choose basis to kill them in the open fields. Besides, on average basis about 15 to 20 aged captives died every day due to severe cold weather condition, starvation, illness and mental shock.
On December 1, a young Muslim Attorney named Mohammad Ibrahim being very soft in tongue and well knwon to many Hindu Officers of Mirpur, visited the Alibeg prison and showed his lip sympathy to the intelligentsia who were brought there as captives and also shed his crocodile tears on their pitiable condition and assured them that he would do his best to talk with the concerned authorities of the Government of Pakistan to get them employed in the factories on daily wage basis till they were at Alibeg camp as captives. He distributed Muslim caps and mufflers to some of them as a token of friendship, but those gestures were in fact subtle signals and indications to the Pakistani soldiers to kill those persons first. The next morning, the enemy soldiers gathered a group of educated peope of the prison on the pretext that they would be taken back in the evening with earning after utilizing their services in the factories during the day. Those wearing caps and mufflers proudly occupied the front line to get priority in getting job in the factories. They never came back as they all were slaughtered on the bank of Jhelum canal.
In the mid January, 1948 a team of ICRC (International Committee of Red Cross) arrived there and took charge of the camp and supplied the needed food and medicines to the captives. On March 18, they managed to get the captives liberated in exchange of the same number of Muslims who were in India and willing to go to Pakistan. The liberated captves were not more than about 1600 as the rest were either killed/died or kidnapped. The liberated persons were mostly aged and even unable to walk. They reached Amritsar where they were given a touching reception by their relatives and the general public.
In the memory of Mirpur Martyrs of 1947, a Shaheedi Samarak was constructed by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir at a conspicuous place in front of the main entry gate of the Government Medical College at Maheshpura Chowk Bakshinagar Jammu. The Jammu Development Authority dedicated the said Samarak to Mirpur Community which was unveiled by Miss Sushma Choudhary IAS the then Financial Commissioner on 25th November, 1998. The said Samarak is also the starting point of “Mirpur Road’’ which was named so, on the same day viz 25th November, 1998 to pay tributes to the martyrs of Mirpur, under the patronage of late S Harsajan Singh who at that time, was the Chairman of the Legislative Council of the Jammu and Kashmir State.
On 25th November every year, thousands of Mirpuris residing in Jammu city and its peripheral colonies, march in Prabhat Pheries coming from different Sectors of Jammu city and all assemble at the said Mirpur Shaheedi Smarak to pay jointly the rich tributes to the Martyrs of Mirpur who sacrificed their lives for the sake of their mother land as a result of which the Jammu and Kashmir State remained an integral part of India.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Government of India due to political rivalry between the then Prime Minister of India and the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir State, did not send army though at that time the Indian Army was stationed at Jhanghar which was at a distance of only 20 miles from Mirpur
The curse of Nehru on India.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The "Zen and Zor" 'agreement' between Paki govt and Pathan irregulars show how the Paki govt was barbaric since beginning, no matter who supported the jihadis. Since UN will not support such a barbaric agreement so it has to be the constitution of Islamic state of Pakistan that would have supported loot and genocide.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/is-farooq-off-the-point/
good reading on some aspects of J&K
Farooq Abdullah, as is his wont, has once again stirred the hornet’s nest. He says let Pakistan keep its part of the State and we keep ours.
Had things been that simple, Kashmir would not have earned the sobriquet of ‘Gordian knot’ nor would have Pakistan lost its eastern part nor and finally volunteered to become the Frankenstein of its terror devilry.
Farooq has won the wrath of “nationalists” of both countries. Yet his statement merits cool and unemotional appraisal. He may be a mad cap but he has a method in his madness.
In the past, India threw some hints that she would not be averse to partition of Kashmir along existing LoC. There were no takers of the idea in Pakistan.
In 1964, an embattled and disillusioned Nehru sent Shiekh Abdullah to Pakistan with the offer of Confederation (India, Pakistan and Kashmir). General Ayub turned it down.
The six-months long Swarn Singh – Bhutto Kashmir talks broke down in the sixth round when Bhutto rejected his counterpart’s offer of dividing the valley with Wular Lake as the watershed.
Pakistan’s acceptance of the division of Kashmir along LoC has to come from the Pakistan army and not the civilian government. Why does not Pak army reconcile to the formula? Let us try to understand.
Cease fire in Kashmir was the joint plan of Pak army and British intelligence agency. The British had attained the ulterior motive of Pakistan retaining control over Northern Areas.
Anglo-American bloc looked rather askance at Nehru’s pseudo-socialism. This sucked Pakistan into the vortex, first of Baghdad Pact, and then SEATO and CENTO. India drifted towards nebulous ‘Non-Aligned’ concept, voluntarily though unwittingly, making her stand on Kashmir tenuous. Clinching the Soviet bloc and simultaneously pontificating non-alignment was the great charade. The two newly independent countries, sucked into ideological collision of cold war era began distancing from each other. Pakistan army found a godfather in Pentagon.
Separation of Bangladesh from West Pakistan remains a living story of Pak army’s utter disgrace. Surrounded by a pack of eccentric jokers in the name of advisers and foreign office policy planners, Indira Gandhi lost on the negotiating table in Shimla what she had gained on the ground. Destiny had made her pay for her father’s fantasia.
Pak army has vowed to take revenge of is disgrace. Consequently, it does not allow civilian government to have any say on Kashmir, a policy stoutly supported by her western handlers.
Pak army has strategic utility for the Anglo-American bloc even after the collapse of the Soviet Union. It protects Saudi monarchy, which in turn, basks in the sunshine of American patronage. Therefore, the Anglo-American bloc has become the big benefactor of Pakistan army, regularly refurbishing her war machine and making lavish offers of grants under one or the other head. With their close camaraderie with Pentagon moles, Pakistani Generals, after their retirement, manage emigration to the US with comparative ease.
It is the Pentagon that keeps Kashmir pot boiling for Pakistan. Pakistan army has made it a national issue by spreading enormous disinformation. Pakistan political leadership lacks the vision and statesmanship required for a country to pave its own path.
Additionally, Pakistan army has paralyzed the civilian government in Islamabad by floating jihad brigades like LeT, JM, HuM and many others. LeT makes no secret of its Kashmir agenda. Kashmiris on our side of the LoC have succumbed to powerful anti-India diatribe of ISI. Hence Kashmir separatists are more loyal to ISI than the Pakistanis. In the formative days of Kashmir Liberation Front, Farooq and Amanullah Khan together held a Kalashnikov and raising it high from the platform of a public rally in PoK told people that ‘this’ would liberate Kashmir from Indian ‘stranglehold’.
With Pakistan army having achieved success in alienating Kashmir Muslim community from India, with fidayeen infiltrating from all vulnerable inlets and galvanizing local terrorist-fundamentalist chapters into attacks on army, BSF and police establishments, Pakistan is in very comfortable position to dictate terms to India rather than succumb to India’s supplication for partition of Kashmir. Farooq knows it better than anybody else does.
The unanimous parliamentary resolution of 1994 is a paper tiger with no life and substance in it. That was a device initiated by late PM Narasimha Rao to obfuscate Pakistan sponsored anti-India resolution on Kashmir at the Human Rights Commission in Geneva. It was part of Narasimha Rao’s strategy of undermining Pakistani resolution when he put London-based Hinduja mega business house to placate Iran. The trick worked. Much water has flowed down the river since that event and the resolution has lost its teeth. Having the will and strength to take it back is one thing and adventuring in practice is another. Nuclear countries cannot and should not think along those lines.
At the same time, no political leader or party in Kashmir, in or out of power, ever moved a blade of grass to emphasize upon the masses of people in Kashmir that their interest and future lay in a democratic and secular India. Not only they have not, these parties, in or out of power, are harping on finding a political solution to Kashmir issue. In simple terms they want to convey to New Delhi that Kashmiri Muslims are not happy with the existing arrangement. Imagine how much strength Pakistan draws from this loose and dubious talk.
Today, Pakistan is far better convinced that India is on slippery grounds in Kashmir, land is with them not the people. Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service, LoC cross border trade, rehabilitation of lured Kashmiris back in Kashmir, breakdown in state administration and above all drastic radicalization of Kashmir Muslim society all have come together to make it very much unrealistic to expect Pakistan accepting division along LoC as the solution of the tangle.
Pragmatically speaking, Farooq is perfectly right in what he has said. But the question is will Pakistan accept it and stop her anti-India tirades? From Indian point of view, legality of accession remains unassailable. Investment in Kashmir’s development is extraordinary especially in road and rail connectivity. Income per capita in J&K is the highest in the country. It is the only state in India where nobody goes empty- stomach to bed. What cogent reason Kashmiris have to remain alienated? Yet they are, and yet Farooq, Mufti and all other mainstream politicians want a “political solution of Kashmir” without ever proposing a single formula of that solution. Their repeated slogan of Kashmir a political issue has one and only one purpose, viz. convey to Pakistan not to settle for division of Kashmir.
Farooq is fully acquainted with this entire scenario. His contribution would be to take up the thread where his father had left it. He should proceed to Islamabad and engage Pakistani leaders, Generals, ISI musclemen, and above all Anglo-American policy planners to agree to the formula of what is with you is yours and what is with me is mine in Kashmir
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It seems Modi govt has gone on kumbhkarna mode wrt KP rehabilitation after a flurry of announcements last year. I see no progress on the issue being reported not even an inch.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Why does everything have to go back to Modi...Do you have to specificall say MODI govt? Just curious.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

It just indicates bad ground situation and unwilling KP population. No point in creating barb wire enclaves. Removing article 370 or at least dilution of domicile and land acquisition will make it a free market enterprise (hopefully).
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Indian govt is working on getting adult supervision for Pak govt , PA and other outfits inside the region

Once that adult supervision take effect then Kashmir can be normal.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I expect if anybody to do it - it has to be Modi (plus Doval). Others are going to wet their pants. I am concerned that there has been no movement on the issue and I am wondering why. If there wasn't enough homework they should have waited out before announcing it.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Kargil observes complete bandh over execution of Sheikh Baqri Nimr
Posted on 4/01/2016 by Dailyexcelsior

KARGIL, Jan 3: On the call given by Anjuman Jamiyat Ullama, Islamia School Kargil and Imam Khomenei Memorial Trust (IKMT) Kargil over the execution of Ayatullah Sheikh Baqri Nimr by the Government of Saudi Arabia, Kargil observed complete bandh today.
In protest of the execution, a protest rally was taken out under the leadership of the Markazi Imam Jumma, Hujatull Islam Wal Muslimeen Sheikh Mohammad Hussain Mufeed.

Chief Executive Councilor LAHDC Kargil Mohammad Hanifa Jan along with thousands of people from nearby villages participated in the protest rally which started from Islamia School Kargil and after passing through many places in Kargil town concluded at Islamia School Chowk.

While speaking, Chief Spokesperson of ISK and Former Executive Councilor LAHDC Kargil Aga Syed Kazim Sabere termed Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the main source of terrorism in the world who supports Alquaida, ISIS, Boko Harm and other terrorist organizations in the world.

He further said that the main sector of Islam which has been divided by these countries on the basis of Shia and Sunni has to unite for the protection of this beautiful and peaceful religion which has been victimized by the Wahabi ideology of the Saudis.

Hujjatul Islam Wal Muslameen Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah and Sheikh Mohammad Ibrahim Khalili condemned the execution and human rights violation in Saudi Arabia and other parts of the world.

On behalf of people residing in Kargil, President Islamia School Kargil wrote a letter to the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and appealed to Government of India to be their voice and convey their concern and protest against the Saudi Government and also raise the voice with the World Community.

He also appealed to the world community to assure human rights protection in Saudi Arabia including Palestine, Bahrain, Yemen, and Syria.

Chief Executive Councillor LAHDC Kargil Mohamamd Hanifa Jan, Executive Councillors Aga Syed Abass Razvi and Mohsin Ali, general secretary PDP Kargil Aga Syed Abdul, Councillors of Kargil and many civil organizations also condemned the execution.

Similar protests were also held in Sankoo and Taisuru under the banner of Anjuma-e-Imam Zaman Suru, in which religious scholar Syed Ahmad Razvi along with Executive Councillors LAHDC Kargil including Aga Syed Abass Razvi participated.
SP among 5 injured as Shiites hold anti-Saudi protests

SRINAGAR, Jan 3: Day after the execution of a prominent Shi’a cleric in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Shiites in Valley staged protests and clashed with Police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at several places leaving five persons including a Superintendent of Police (SP) North, Srinagar injured.

Protests broke out at over a dozen places in Kashmir valley against the execution of Ayotullah Nimr-al-Nimr by Saudi regime. The members of Shi’a community staged anti-Saudi protests at city centre Lal Chowk, Rainawari, Zadibal and Saida Kadal here in city and took out rallies.

The anti-Saudi rallies turned violent at Rainawari and Hawal Chowk after police resorted to intense teargas shelling to prevent Shi’a protesters from entering Sunni-dominated neighbourhoods.

They said the Shi’a protesters pelted stones on police at both places, triggering clashes between the two sides. The clashes at Rainawari left two cops including SP North City, Shafqat Hussain injured. The SP was hit by a stone in his head and he was rushed to nearby JLNM Hospital for treatment. The clashes and police teargas shelling continued till evening at both places and three protesters were injured.

Besides, the Shi’a community staged massive protests at other places of the Valley including Gund Hassi Bhat along Srinagar-Narbal Highway, Hartrath in Pattan, Budgam Town, Magam, Gagu Pulwama, Shahu Sath in Kulgam and also at Kargil district. The protesters raised slogans against the Saudi regime and condemned the execution of the Shi’a cleric who was hanged along 46 other death convicts – most of whom were Al Qaeda ideologues and militants – yesterday.

A police official said they are maintaining a close eye on the situation and would not allow anyone to ignite the sectarian strife in lieu of the ongoing situation. “No one would be allowed to disturb peace and create sectarian tensions. We are monitoring the situation closely and will take every step to maintain peace,” said the official this evening.
Shia Federation protests against Saudi Govt
JAMMU, Jan 3: Shia Federation Jammu Province held a protest to pay homage to Ayatullah Baqir Al-Nimr, who has been executed by the Saudi regime yesterday on the false accusation of terror against the Saudi Government.

Large number of Shia community people assembled near Press Club and raised slogans against Saudi regime and condemned the unlawful and extrajudicial execution of martyr Sheikh Nimr. They called the international community to do the same and raise this issue with the UN and international court of justice.

While speaking, the protesters said that it is the duty of the Muslims now to face off this hypocrite and dangerous rulers of tyranny and save the Ummah from further decline.

“We are calling the Muslim and Human Forces across the world to think rationally and investigate everything with full impartiality to find out about the truth and to curb such inhumane and barbaric killings and not be like those who blindly accept anything coming from people who are indoctrinated in Saudi extremists’ schools”, they added.

While addressing media persons, Maulana Mohammad Kousar Ali Jafri condemned this inhuman act of Saudi Government. He also demanded immediate release of Mohdamma Ali Nimr, nephew of Ayatullah Baqir Al-Nimr, who is just 17 years of age and is also taken as political prisoner by Saudi Government.

Chief spokesperson, Shia Federation Jammu Province, Sayed Fida Hussain Rizvi also addressed the gathering.

Among others present were Vice President Shia Federation Jammu Sheikh Sajjad Hussain Poonchi, President Anjuman-e-Hussaini Bathindi Jammu Ghulam Mohammad Ghani, Mohammad Yousaf, Sayed Qamar Ali Rizvi, Sayed Mannan Haider Naqvi, Advocate Zeeshan Ali Khan, Sayed Zaighum Rizvi, Kamran Ali Khan, Mazahir Jafri, etc.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

‏@Kashmir_Monitor
CM Mufti Sayeed passes away to multiple organ failure:Sources
Screambowl
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Screambowl »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/o ... epage=true
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed passed away today, said State Education Minister Naeem Akhtar. He was 79.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Mufti Sayeed's daughter Mehbooba Mufti will be the new CM of J&K. Hope she wont be another unmitigated disaster like Omar and CM'ship would bring some sense into her irresponsible statements time and again.
Obviously no one should forget that Mufti was architect of Muslim attacks on Hindus and Temples in Anantnag in 1986 and later acted like a VC to terrorist movement in Kashmir when terrorists were released in exchange for his another daughter while he was the Home Minister in WeePeee 'Mandal' Singh govt. Death would not make him any saint and personally I would not be shedding any tears.

With older corrupt Generation passing away and new generation that has grown on anti-India sentiments and violence and exposed to social media and influenced by Muslim terror movements across Islamic world,it would be a great challenge for both local and central govt to pull Kashmir back into track.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

VikasRaina wrote:Mufti Sayeed's daughter Mehbooba Mufti will be the new CM of J&K. Hope she wont be another unmitigated disaster like Omar and CM'ship would bring some sense into her irresponsible statements time and again.
Obviously no one should forget that Mufti was architect of Muslim attacks on Hindus and Temples in Anantnag in 1986 and later acted like a VC to terrorist movement in Kashmir when terrorists were released in exchange for his another daughter while he was the Home Minister in WeePeee 'Mandal' Singh govt. Death would not make him any saint and personally I would not be shedding any tears.

With older corrupt Generation passing away and new generation that has grown on anti-India sentiments and violence and exposed to social media and influenced by Muslim terror movements across Islamic world,it would be a great challenge for both local and central govt to pull Kashmir back into track.
mehbooba is a paki hardliner and she will introduce a toxicity into the cashmere issue like never before.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^Chetak ji, Most of the valley based politicians are Paki hardliners (Even Shia and Ahmadiya ones), and the next level of toxicity in Kashmere can be added by brewing ISIS into whatever KM's are smoking.
With no administrative experience and guidance of her father, She most likely will be replaced in next elections by NC-Cong govt and the cycle of morons ruling the state will go on unless BJP can spring a surprise and complete mission-44 next time.
In the larger scheme of things though, Chief Minister of J&K is just that..CM of J&K and nothing more.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

VikasRaina wrote:^Chetak ji, Most of the valley based politicians are Paki hardliners (Even Shia and Ahmadiya ones), and the next level of toxicity in Kashmere can be added by brewing ISIS into whatever KM's are smoking.
With no administrative experience and guidance of her father, She most likely will be replaced in next elections by NC-Cong govt and the cycle of morons ruling the state will go on unless BJP can spring a surprise and complete mission-44 next time.
In the larger scheme of things though, Chief Minister of J&K is just that..CM of J&K and nothing more.
some of her utterances have been much beyond what is normal for the valley parties. I cannot recall any links to them off hand but she will seek to consolidate her position against the kattar opposition to her being a female by being more rabid than the others and her only safe targets are Modi , BJP and the RSS. She has to be somewhat muted on the first two as she needs the money from the dilli darbar.