Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by CRamS »

GaganJi, I hope you are right. Mind you, I will not pounce on ModiJi just because he talks to TSP, like Cong traitors do as a payback for ModiJi attacking MMS for his surrender at Thimpu and Sharam-el-sheikh, irrespective of the substance of ModiJi's talks. If TSP has met any of India's red lines, I would say no harm in some form of engagement.

That said, lets look at the fundamentals: TSP has thumbed its nose by releasing Lakhvi, it said you can kiss my arse, we will humor the Harried rats. This was the rationale for talks cancellation. Can you kindly explain what changed for ModiJi's U-turn?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

TSP is 2 trick pony. It will instigate, and then do a leap of courage and do a terror strike. Other than this they have no cards to play.

Injuns on the other hand deal the full set.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Modi- Sharif Meet- In Optics Department , India Wins And Pakistan Loses : Pakistan Paper, Dawn :)
Back in Pakistan, opposition leaders unimpressed with Modi-Nawaz icebreaker :lol:
Soon after Nawaz Sharif and Narendra Modi shook hands at the Congress hall in Ufa and signaled a symbolic ceasefire in a heated political arena, an infuriated Senator Rehman Malik :evil: dispatched a press release that detailed his reading of the icebreaker.

“The recent meeting [of] Modi with Sharif clearly demonstrates how disrespectful Mr Modi was towards Sharif,” Malik was quoted by a spokesman as saying.

The former interior minister compared Modi to “the Tsar of Russia” :) as he described how the two state leaders interacted.
“[Our prime minister] was made to walk through a long corridor towards Modi’s chair/throne. [Modi] didn’t show the slightest courtesy under diplomatic norms for his Pakistani counterpart to walk a few steps forward to receive him.”

At the end, he termed Modi’s approach “rude and undiplomatic” and chastised Sharif for “badly hurting the feelings :cry: of the Pakistani nation”.

Not one to be left behind, Shireen Cow- Faced :D Mazari of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) expressed dismay over the manner in which she felt Sharif “appeased India” in the meeting.
Mazari felt that Sharif’s invitation to the Indian head of state was unnecessary and “beyond the requirements of diplomatic protocol”, :!: as the same would have gone out as a matter of routine.

The PTI leader was equally disturbed at what she said was silence on the Kashmir issue and Indian involvement in Balochistan. “Modi raised Mumbai and Sharif agreed to ‘fast track’ the investigations. Not a word on Samjhota Express was uttered by PM Sharif,” :cry: she fumed.
Mazari felt that Sharif’s invitation to the Indian head of state was unnecessary and “beyond the requirements of diplomatic protocol”, as the same would have gone out as a matter of routine.

The PTI leader was equally disturbed at what she said was silence on the Kashmir issue and Indian involvement in Balochistan. “Modi raised Mumbai and Sharif agreed to ‘fast track’ the investigations. Not a word on Samjhota Express was uttered by PM Sharif,” she fumed.

In 2002 during General (retd) Pervez Musharraf’s era, the former president forced :?: then Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee to rise and shake hands with him at SAARC, a move that many believed could help deter the two countries from their untenable logic of war.
The Indian leader got up from his seat and extended his hand to Musharraf. The applause that followed the clasp came close to deafening decibels and many in the media teams from India and Pakistan appeared to have lost their composure for a while to join the clapping. :rotfl:
In Pakiland , Echendee- (perceived or actual ) comes first and foremost :!:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The movement for the liberation of Sindhudesh in full swing...
Speaker wanting a Referendum or Plebiscite in Sindh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLSSUOxifk
Last edited by Gagan on 10 Jul 2015 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

^^^
Blease to put youtube add as my macbook thinks it is haram to blay youtube directly.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

France 24 report on Pakitan's education bigotry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjBO-pn5wEw
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Classic response from the PM with the paki Mofo NSharif -- I am sure the Indian "diplomatic community" IFS afsars had nothing to do with this too, like all other deviations in the Indian policy making w.r.t. pakistan and china under this leadership. Though that won't stop them from pretending that this was their exact plan with pakistan for decades.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shishir Gupta ‏@sisir_gupta 17m17 minutes ago

The central message of SCO mtgs in UFA was IS terrorism & extremism. Am told by delegates that PM Modi was brilliant with Nawaz Sharif
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

OT but,
India is launching 5 british satellites NOW
http://24framesdigital.com/isro/webcast/100715/live.asx
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by Peregrine »

A_Gupta wrote:Headline: Pak forex surges to $19.71bn

Text: The total liquid foreign reserves of the country have increased to $18.71406 billion, says State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).

Source:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/business/1 ... to-19-71bn
A_Gupta Ji :

End Period 03rd July 2015 PAKISTAN FX RESERVES

NET RESERVES WITH SBP.= US$ 013.5352 BILLION

NET RESERVES WITH BANKS.= US$ 005.1794 BILLION

TOTAL LIQUID FX RESERVES.= US$ 018.7146 BILLION

INDIAN TOTAL FX RESERVES= US$ 354.5178 BILLION – ALL HELD BY RESERVE BANK OF INDIA 03 JULY 2015

Note : India does not include the Foreign Exchange held by Commercial Banks in its TOTAL FX RESERVES

As such India's Foreign Exhange Holdings are over Twenty Six Time that of Pakistan

Cheers Image
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

CRamS wrote:GaganJi, I hope you are right. Mind you, I will not pounce on ModiJi just because he talks to TSP, like Cong traitors do as a payback for ModiJi attacking MMS for his surrender at Thimpu and Sharam-el-sheikh, irrespective of the substance of ModiJi's talks. If TSP has met any of India's red lines, I would say no harm in some form of engagement.

That said, lets look at the fundamentals: TSP has thumbed its nose by releasing Lakhvi, it said you can kiss my arse, we will humor the Harried rats. This was the rationale for talks cancellation. Can you kindly explain what changed for ModiJi's U-turn?
If India keeps the ratio of dead > 3:1, with more Pakis dying in direct Indo-Pak confrontations, hand-shaking is not a problem.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

plz dont discuss India in this thread.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

What's wrong in talking to Pakistan? There are two outcomes to talks (1) pakis prosecute Mumbai attackers and we in turn do something for them. This is a good outcome. (2) pakis continue to be pakis. Which is the expected outcome. In which case pakis would have been pakis anyway. But we gain because nobody in his right mind would "pressure" us for talks.

Somehow not talking is not proof of our resolve or punishment to pakis. There are plenty of avenues to show our resolve and punish the pakis. My hope is that those are being pursued with more vigor than talks.

Even Afghanistan learned the lesson through TTP which they squandered. Hopefully we will learn our own lessons from that.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Modi- Sharif Meet- Indian Win ; :D No Reference To Kashmir In Final Declaration - Indian Paper , Indian Express
The gains from the Modi-Nawaz meeting are being loudly advertised by government spokespersons: the promise to talk about how to expedite the 26/11 trial, work on counter-terrorism cooperation, and facilitate people-to-people contact. There isn’t a single word in the India-Pakistan joint statement with a capital K—let alone a reference to Kashmir.

In the summer of 2013, when Sharif took office, he appeared to open the door for rapprochement. :eek: He promised to “make sure that the Pakistani soil is not used for any such [terrorist] designs against India”, examine Inter Services Intelligence involvement in 26/11, and promised full disclosure on Kargil.

Less than six months on, though, Sharif made an anodyne speech at the United Nations, where he said nothing on terrorism—bar some anodyne references to Pakistan’s commitment to end terrorism. He, moreover, reverted back :shock: to old polemic on Kashmir, calling on “the international community to give an opportunity to the Kashmiris to decide their future”.
This is, parenthetically, a leitmotif of Pakistani official polemic for decades: in 1950, governor-general Khwaja Nazimuddin had provided the cut-and-paste text for countless subsequent speeches, saying “Pakistan would remain incomplete until the whole of Kashmir is liberated”. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/web-edits/why-narendra-modi-is-smoking-the-pakistani-peace-pipe/#sthash.Zuvgu6xu.dpuf
“The last argument is the sword”, said Nurul Amin, :twisted: chief minister of East Pakistan in 1950. He might or might not have been right. But if there’s one lesson India ought have learned from this last decade, it’s this: talking peace is that much more persuasive when your enemies know you have a sharp blade handy. -
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Altair wrote:4.Mechanism for facilitating religious tourism. WTF does that mean?
As I said, the NSA meeting is the only one of any substance. I dont subscribe to the idea that Doval would ask PM to invite Pakis to India unless he feels there is something India will gain. This is Doval show onlee.
I think it is more geared towards Sikh community that has shrines all over pakjab. Feel sorry for them for not being able to visit the shrines. With an eye on Punjab state polls coming next it might also be tactical. There are many Hindu communities that want to visit Katasraj and Hinglaj. Now in return we might have to grant visit permits for Ajmer and Old Delhi but as long as these are guided tours where visitors are always under watch of tour operators then it could be manageable. Would boost the local economy
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

A thought occurs...
Why is the Pakistani state so against voice samples hain ji?

There's no telling what the Indians recorded.

I am sure all sorts of people must have been calling up the LET people at the control center to congratulate them on conducting the terror strikes. I am sure the ISI chief and the COAS must have sent in their congrats. It is possible that phone calls were made and India has a recording of that?

Both Kiyani and Pasha are retired, are outside Pakistan, and in interpol territory ...
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

JE Menon wrote:Bwoys...looks like something is changing. Y'all know what I mean.
I don't know, what looks like it is changing?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Why Pakistan Economy Is Weaker Than India?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4SQO-FEUg
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

[youtube]2ckDQpCq2S4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

I am surprised Pakistan has agreed to provide Voice Samples for the 11/26 investigations. If they do provide it then Lakvi's complicity will be easily proved. ISI will certainly not allow that to happen. Until then let the DDM, pappi-jhappi and mullah Iyer crowd go into orgasm over chai-biscoot samosa meetings taking place between India and Pakistan.It does not take a lot of intelligence to understand where all this is heading.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

If we put our think-like-paki-mofo hat on, then the obvious paki plan here is to provide some random voice sample for Lakhvi so that Indian claims on Lakhvi's involvment in 11/26 will be demolished. I am sure the NSA has already figured out such obvious ploys from the pakis, so what is India hoping to gain from this, given that this exercise can end up screwing India's intentions to hold the pakis to nailing lakhvi? Also, why does India need voice samples of Lakhvi from the pakis when we can get enough voice sample of that scumbag from youtube? Something is awry here in this picture.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I rofl every time I hear the word Pakistani senator.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

There is one way Pakis can stop Modi from visiting Pakistan. They can pull down Sharif (the good, or bad or ugly).
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Truly pathetic and inhuman

[youtube]i9NB2Xz5yyA?t=34[/youtube]
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Xi assures Pak of China's special support after India's entry in SCO - Saibal Dasgupta, ToI
China's president Xi Jinping hailed the entry of India and Pakistan as members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization saying it will "inject new impetus into the organization's all-ranging cooperation", the official media, Xinhua, said here on Friday.

Chinese observers described the development as a sign that a lot of differences in the region will now be resolved. They also seemed excited that the SCO platform might enable China to play the peace broker in the region, which includes India-Pakistan relations.

Independent observers see the enlarged SCO as a possible challenge to NATO, the West-dominated security club. SCO now has four nuclear powered nations with India and Pakistan joining its benches along with China and Russia.

SCO has issued a 10-year development plan for more intense cooperation on security and foreign relations. But Xi made a special effort to reassure the Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif saying India's entry will not dilute Beijing's special affection for his country.

"We will make joint effort to enrich the connotation of the China-Pakistan community of common destiny, so as to play an exemplary role for building the community of common destiny between China and other neighboring countries," Xi was quoted as saying by Xinhua.

Xi also told Sharif that, "China firmly supports Pakistan's efforts in safeguarding national security and will continue to provide support and help for Pakistan to improve relevant capabilities."

Chinese experts said sharing the common platform at the SCO will enable India and Pakistan to understand each other better, and resolve their differences. At the same time, China is worried that the differences between India and Pakistan can cloud the agenda of SCO.

"If a dramatic confrontation breaks out between India and Pakistan at some point, it will definitely pose a stumbling block for the group to reach any agreement over major issues in the future," said Zhao Gancheng, director of South Asia Studies at the Shanghai Institute for International Studies.

Liu Huaqin, researcher of Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation, said, "Regional economic cooperation is a main support of the development of SCO and is always a key topic of the SCO Summit. Under the background of a sluggish global economy, strengthening economic cooperation within the SCO framework has become a common expectation."
The underlined portion above clearly means more advanced nuclear and missile technologies being given to Pakistan. China is brazenly displaying its agenda. The SCO has its advantages for India, no doubt. But, the way Pakistan would exploit this would be by expecting the SCO to intervene with India after every terrorist attack making sure that India did not retaliate. At least Pakistan would hope so because on earlier occasions the US has intervened effectively. Pakistan wants multiple and fail-safe mechanisms of ensuring non-retaliation by India. The whole game is for Pakistan to have enough strategic freedom to keep attacking India without any repercussions to it.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote:This was the rationale for talks cancellation. Can you kindly explain what changed for ModiJi's U-turn?
CRS, I am sure Gagan would answer your question to him. My take is that nothing of what you mentioned changed. The talks are being held for two reasons, US pressure and the pre-condition imposed on India & Pakistan by China & Russia for SCO full membership.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridhar wrote:
CRamS wrote:This was the rationale for talks cancellation. Can you kindly explain what changed for ModiJi's U-turn?
CRS, I am sure Gagan would answer your question to him. My take is that nothing of what you mentioned changed. The talks are being held for two reasons, US pressure and the pre-condition imposed on India & Pakistan by China & Russia for SCO full membership.
Whatever may be the reasons boss, its a pathetic climb down by ModiJi. I won't say much else. What does India gain by the SCO membership? Other than another India TSP equal equal?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Peregrine wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:Headline: Pak forex surges to $19.71bn

Text: The total liquid foreign reserves of the country have increased to $18.71406 billion, says State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).

Source:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/business/1 ... to-19-71bn
A_Gupta Ji :

End Period 03rd July 2015 PAKISTAN FX RESERVES

NET RESERVES WITH SBP.= US$ 013.5352 BILLION

NET RESERVES WITH BANKS.= US$ 005.1794 BILLION

TOTAL LIQUID FX RESERVES.= US$ 018.7146 BILLION

INDIAN TOTAL FX RESERVES= US$ 354.5178 BILLION – ALL HELD BY RESERVE BANK OF INDIA 03 JULY 2015

Note : India does not include the Foreign Exchange held by Commercial Banks in its TOTAL FX RESERVES

As such India's Foreign Exhange Holdings are over Twenty Six Time that of Pakistan

Cheers Image

pakistan has 0 $ as reserves.
Reserves with SBP are what it has taken as debt from IMF and ADB and other multilateral agencies.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

CRamS wrote:GaganJi, I hope you are right. Mind you, I will not pounce on ModiJi just because he talks to TSP, like Cong traitors do as a payback for ModiJi attacking MMS for his surrender at Thimpu and Sharam-el-sheikh, irrespective of the substance of ModiJi's talks. If TSP has met any of India's red lines, I would say no harm in some form of engagement.

Heed your advice CRamSji and look at the fundamentals- SeS WAS a surrender because MMS chose to drag India into Baloch issue, has Modi done any of it?

India's redlines were that talks will not be held in the backdrop of terror- I am not sure if you read the snippets coming out carefully, but all sources including the DDM ones are saying that
1. K and Harriedrats WERE NOT mentioned.
2. 26/11 trials in particular and terror in general WERE very much on the agenda.

So where have be backed down? You have dhoti shivered on how the opposition will pounce on Modi for this "surrender", yet it's the Paki opposition that have pounced on Badmash for his "surrender".

Why does all this have yours in a twist?

I would like to add that I'd rather there were no talks at all. But there had to be talks just to get rid if the annoying buggers, this is a pretty good template of how should it be-agenda that suits us and puts the other in a spot of bother.

Badmash knows that he cannot follow up on his pledge for expediting 26/11 trials- the establishment, the jihadis and he himself will never allow it. Do remember that LeT, JuD, JeM and LeJ are all based in Pakjab and make life very difficult for him. Anyway, he has long since ceded the authority over these domains to the Fauj.

The talks are cosmetic and both sides know it.
Last edited by Kashi on 11 Jul 2015 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Benazir Bhutto Murder Case - Ex I.B. Chief Succeeds In Ignoring Court Summons
RAWALPINDI:
The anti-terrorism court hearing Benazir Bhutto’s murder case has issued arrest warrants for Mohmand Agency political agent (PA) Bhalol Khan and the former premier’s driver on the day of her assassination Javaidur Rehman for failing to appear in court [*]despite being repeated summons.
[/b]

[*] Maybe he has been 'fixed' by the Deep State
Moreover, the prosecution has withdrawn a key witness in the case, former chief of the intelligence bureau Brig (retd) Ejaz Shah. Shah, considered be close to former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf, was summoned several times to record his statement but after failing to do so, he has now been excused from appearing. [*] [/b]
[*] Ignore Court Summons on advice of Kammundu?
The district’s civil, family and magistrate courts will observe summer vacations from August 1 to August 31. The Lahore High Court’s Rawalpindi bench will also resume hearing on September 5. :!:[*]
[*] Pattern resembles Lakhvi Case :)
member_23365
BRFite

Post by member_23365 »

No need to worry folks, to me it looks like evil yindoo's are practicing "mooh me ram ram bagal me churi"
member_23365
BRFite

Post by member_23365 »

dual post deleted
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I agree with SSridharji's reason that there is outside counsel on GOI to talk to Pakistan, maybe from the US, Russia even.

There is I think another reason why a GOI will want to talk to Pakistan.
That reason is that no one can be rigid forever. One can't carry on in life by being rigid, insisting on one point for ever.

Pakistan tried to test GOI's resolve, it got its answer both diplomatically and militarily. In the end it was left bleating, going to its sponsors doors, asking for cease fires and initiation of talks.

There is a big difference between the approaches of the current GOI as compared to the previous ones. And that is why talks is not such a bad thing.

It is not that the previous GOI would have handed over siachen or sir creek, they wouldn't have. But congress only wanted to deflect pressure off itself from all quarters by engaging in talks, not responding to terror attacks, and virtually surrendering to this viscous cycle. They fritted away all the cards and the strengths of India, even indulged in things bordering on treason to spite the BJP, and of course their corruption was legendary.

The BJP has demonstrated a willingness to play the game in Pakistan's backyard and within pakistan. Already there is a terse tenor to the way this GOI has approached talks with Pakistan. Pakistan has been given enough signals that it will face repercussions for any act of truancy.

India's national goal is not talks with Pakistan, or even solving disputes with that nation. Pakistan does not want those issues to be solved, no matter how hard a GOI may try.
Pakistan's national goal is 1. Talks with India, where a Pakistani leader gets to look the Indian leader "eye to eye", gets mutual self respect. And then 2. Complain and rabble rouse when what they want doesn't get given to them, no matter how unreasonable their demands. And that's it! Pakistan does not have any other goal with talks.
They are not trying to solve any problem vis-a-vis india, they are just not into it.

I agree with talks now, because I get the feeling that at some level some sort of normalization and civility must be maintained. GOI must be in contact with all the power centers in Pakistan, because this contact is beneficial to India's interests.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

India’s just opposition to foreign country involvement in projects located on illegally occupied Indian Territory of Jammu & Kashmir gets the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s Finance Minister’s goat.

India must now selflessly go beyond own territorial aspects and take up humanitarian aspect of preventing Punjabi colonial exploitation of smaller provinces of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan just as she did in 1971 to liberate Bengali’s in East Pakistan. India must step up to the plate and raise objection to foreign projects that exploit Baloch, Mohajir, Sindhi and Pathan resources with connivance of Punjab Province:

Dar warns India not to cast an evil eye on Pakistan's economic prosperity

Senate proceedings: Delhi could not digest corridor deal, says Dar
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

In the congress's regime, there was some level of apathy to handling Pakistan, and a lot of greed and collusion.
Everyone was into track 2, and making money out of it. People and media were profiting from the junkets thrown by the ISI, and coming back and giving voice to Pakistan's bigoted narrative here.
All this while the GOI sat and twiddled its thumbs! Some worthies in GOI even joined in the free for all.

What a big relief that those days are behind us!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pakistanis are acting like the begger who is used to getting 25 paisas, suddenly being promised Rs 100 for doing nothing. Suddenly they are all insecure and snappy at every one else.
I hope they know that in return for that Rs 100, their fliend will remove one of their kidneys...
Raman
BRFite

Post by Raman »

What are the odds that this Uber driver in London is a Paki?
Uber driver threatens to cut the neck of user who canceled ride
Listen to the answering machine message he left.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Why Did Modi Talk to Pakistan?
The greatest foreign policy difference between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his predecessor Manmohan Singh has been Pakistan. Singh believed in dialogue with Pakistan at almost any cost. Modi’s views were more akin to those of an earlier prime minister, P.V. Narasimha Rao: dealing with Pakistan was high risk, low return and not worth the investment.

However, official sources say, Modi recognized he could not take a hardline on Pakistan without lines of communication to Islamabad – this would let Pakistan talk up the “nuclear flashpoint” claim and encourage international pressure to build up.

But India wanted to bury the 26/11 tainted composite dialogue and make the agenda about terror. So Modi began to embed all official meetings with Pakistan within the SAARC. His endless neighbourhood tours, overtures to China, and back-to-back summits with Barack Obama also drove home to Pakistan its global pariah status.

India’s message to Pakistan was not that we won’t talk, but that any conversation would be about tangibles regarding terror. Modi would not talk about trade or cricket. New Delhi would not be diverted: India was the global power-in-the-making, Pakistan the failing state. “We expected a long impasse,” said a source. “The question was would crack?”

The answer is now clear: Pakistan.

The joint statement is noticeable for its lack of an explicit mention of Kashmir and that three-quarters of its text is terror related. It replaces the composite dialogue with a new line-up of bilateral meetings. And it sets tests for Pakistan like 26/11 related voice samples.

India accepts the Pakistani leader Nawaz Sharif went the extra mile at the meeting and at some political cost at home.

It was evident for several months that Pakistan’s “confidence levels had been falling.” To some degree, this had reached dangerous levels.

The US and other foreign governments had warned India that the combination of harsh language by Modi’s ministers, the LoC exchanges and the Myanmar raid had jacked up Pakistan’s neurotic fears of an Indian threat.

Intelligence showed that the Pakistan military had been expanding its engagement with militant groups – a possible precursor to a terrorist strike.

Even a symbolic gesture to Islamabad, the case was made to New Delhi, would help reduce the rising paranoia in Rawalpindi. The breakthrough may have come just in time.

Modi got what he wanted: an agenda on his terms. Pakistan, the world got what they wanted: talks, of whatever kind.
It looks like Modi govt has a different strategy compared to unconditional talks of MMS govt. Time will tell whether the strategy works.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “India-Russia: News & Analysis” thread.

India should let it be known to Russia that they (ie: Russia) should not entertain any hard feelings in the event of any incidents regarding the gas pipeline in areas of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan that are inhabited by Baloch, Mohajir, Sindhi and Pathan who are suffering oppression by Punjab Province. As a good friend of India’s, Russia should be strongly advised to ensure that they take all steps to insulate themselves from effects of any incident that impacts the proposed gas pipeline:

First ever meeting: Nawaz, Putin agree to expedite process for North-South gas pipeline agreement