Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by CRamS »

Guys, I don't understand why even eminent ex diplomats and ex generals in India harp on this "international pressure" on TSP BS. I agree with whoever wrote this in First post

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-33799000

But an article in the Firstpost website argues that the "second Kasab's" arrest is not going to help India's efforts in proving Pakistan-based groups' involvement in terror attacks.
"India will find it hard to prove before the international community that the 'second Kasab' was actually sent by the Pakistani establishment, just as it hasn't been able to prove before the world that the state was involved in sending Kasab across the border," it says.
And if you have indigestion and need to puke to relieve yourself:

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... n-attacks/

Even as New Delhi must mount international pressure on Islamabad by marshalling evidence of its export of terror, this peace constituency must be strengthened. Just as India accuses Pakistan of dragging its feet over the 26/11 trial, the latter levels a similar charge against New Delhi in the Samjhauta Express blast case. It’s true that the pace of several terror cases in India, especially those involving Hindu extremists, has been far from satisfactory. Indian authorities would do well to speed up prosecution of all terror cases here as a way of putting pressure on Pakistan to speed up terror cases there. In fact, a joint mechanism to investigate terror cases with jurisdiction in both countries would be mutually beneficial – the scheduled national security advisers’ meet could discuss this – and help deliver justice in 26/11, Samjhauta, Gurdaspur and Udhampur cases alike.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Arjun wrote:
CRamS wrote: And of course, we have our own impotent chuitays fight it out (I mean the Cong and BJP, not the Gen Jaswal, I salute him) in front of the Paki as he has that gotcha triumphant smirk on his face. Man our Paki policy makes me puke.
Forget GOI policy. Consider the simple fact that in this environment of Paki mayhem, a large segment of North India has helped a film like Bajrangi Bhaijaan become the third-biggest ever grosser in Bollywood. :roll:

If anyone has taken a more massive hit to credibility than even GOI as a result of this brazen Paki act - its got to be the Bhaiwood-loving North Indian populace.
ArjunaJi, you could have made the same point without bringing in this North Indian populace BS. I know many south Indians, I am an Andhrite myself, tell me that they have no gripe with Pakis, and it is only aggressive North Indians who want to pick a fight with TSP. Likewise, there is a huge section of India's Muslim population who are in cahoots with TSP and I know its not politically correct to say that. These are well-known facts and we on BR know this more than anybody else: India is a very divided country, the fault lines exist and are real (and this is not the topic of this thread). And furthermore, TSP and its 3.5 are exploiting these fault lines. So lets just agree on this without bringing in specific linguistic, ethnic, religious Indian sub groups.

Now coming to this India TSP movies, DoCJi I believe it was who argued that there is a huge moolah component to this, which Bollywood is exploiting. In the large US metropolis where I live, Paki skunks hit the theaters first when any Bollywood movie is released. On the day when KalamJi passed away, and there was mention of his death on the hugely popular local radio station, I called in and suggested that there should be mention of martyrs of Gurdaspur attack also, the host told me that thats a no no because a certain section of the community will be offended.

So bottom line, nationalists in India and their supporters like me outside India have decks stacked against them. They are are fighting both external enemies and internal, and deep divisions within India. Thus, finding a Paki solution is like finding a solution to a constrained optimization problem that is very weakly convex. A_GuptaJi can tell you more on what I mean by this :-).
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

CRamS, there are similar deep fissures in tsp too. Why look at a cup as half empty. Most pakis who are settled in USA moved from karachi and tend to be MQM supporter-types who are doctors and accountants and ismaili, ahmadiya because these communities were most educated in post partition tsp. If I were to hazard a guess shia doctors from karachi form the bulk of diaspora.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

habalJi, absolutely. I am definitely not saying otherwise. But to effectively take on the existential threat Pakijabis pose to India, our deep fissures are not helping (I mean, not to sound self-loathing, but watching Cong and BJP go at each other, watching Burka play judge between her "Paki friends", and Indians; you think ISI would not be laughing their arses off?). But as I said, ModiJi cannot give excuses, his Paki policy is in shreds after all his and Dovals' tough talk, he has to devise an effective Paki strategy despite the enormous constraints he faces, and not fail because of them. TSP has thrown the gauntlet and has challenged ModiJi and India, lets see what transpires henceforth.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Arjun wrote:
amit wrote:I can an imagine a situation in which such a film despite being made with such a "successful" formula would bomb at the box office. And that is in a situation where the Indian population or as you say North Indian population is the exact mirror image of the Pakistani population. That is if it were a society full of religious bigots which persecuted its minorities and taught kids to hate religious minorities via school curriculum.
You are offering a binary choice, with tolerance levels being either in the soppily sentimental state currently found in India or being akin to its polar opposite, Pakistan.
[/quote]

You said it. That was a phenomenally pointless post and commentary. If you don't like such soppy unrealistic shit meant to put India and TSP on an equal post, and are smart enough to see through the propaganda and dislike such stuff, that means you are no longer sentimental and Indian society is full of religious bigots and akin to TSP. Please.
Last edited by Karan M on 06 Aug 2015 19:22, edited 2 times in total.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

pakistan pakjabistan is a nuisance. It does not mean we can't defeat them, but it is also important to keep clean image while doing so, primarily because our politicians, bereaurats and the whole lot are risk averse. They need their WB, IMF, UNICEF tenures and politicians need to travel abroad whether it be a PrAtibha Patil frequent traveller in search of air miles or a Narendra Modi. If India opens an eastern front in LOC and Sindh then we will win a lot of friends in pakistan taliban, mqm, & baloch.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

HT Exclusive: Pakistan man admits he is Naved's 'unfortunate father', says Lashkar after family
Even as India and Pakistan wrangled over the nationality of a militant captured after a deadly attack in Udhampur, Hindustan Times spoke on Thursday to a Pakistan-based man who identified himself as the “unfortunate father” of the attacker.

“I’ll be killed. The Lashkar is after us and the fauj is after us,” Mohammad Yakub told Hindustan Times in chaste Punjabi when contacted on a phone number disclosed to interrogators by the arrested gunman Mohammad Naved.

“You are calling from India. We’ll be killed. I am the unfortunate father,” said Yakub, who sounded flustered when he answered the call from HT.

“The Lashkar is after us. They probably wanted him dead and not caught alive. Please spare him,” Yakub said, referring to the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), the Pakistan-based militant group behind the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 77205.aspx
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

CRAMS ji, I think myself and most of us on this board have the deepest of respect for what each region of India - West, North, East and South can achieve and what talent from each region continues to achieve wherever they have settled across the world. At the same time, healthy competition between regions is also good as long as it does not descend to fault-lines (which I doubt is ever a serious possibility between Indian regions or states. Religion is different).

South Indian society has its own weak spots - nobody is doubting that one bit. But, the fact remains - if 2 of the top 3 grossers of Hindi film industry play on India-Pak bhaichara angle when India has been the target of sustained Paki terror over the decades, this reflects very poorly on the audience for such cinema. This audience in the case of Bollywood is obviously predominantly North Indian - and North Indians are also the ones to suffer predominantly from Paki terror.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Is there any evidence that "North India" is contributing most to that movie's popularity. Everyone I meet in Bangalore is gushing - these are families who book Rs 250 per head tickets online for the movie.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

shiv wrote:Is there any evidence that "North India" is contributing most to that movie's popularity. Everyone I meet in Bangalore is gushing - these are families who book Rs 250 per head tickets online for the movie.
Yuck !!!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

OT
CRamS wrote:So bottom line, nationalists in India and their supporters like me outside India have decks stacked against them. They are are fighting both external enemies and internal, and deep divisions within India. Thus, finding a Paki solution is like finding a solution to a constrained optimization problem that is very weakly convex. A_GuptaJi can tell you more on what I mean by this :-).
Nationalists are everywhere - in India and abroad. Before SM came along, there was hardly any pan-Indian picture of Indian public opinion except that what was filtered through Congress controlled channels - TV, print, education, political talk, except for the very noticeable blip called the Ramjanambhoomi Abhiyan. Those who were in RSS would of course be aware of the pan-national mood through their own channels, but the aam janta simply had no clue. All our info was local and limited. Most did not know how people were feeling on the other side of the country, and how much disgust lurked just beneath the surface for the secular politics of this country.

Now, everybody is talking. Now people are listening to Hindutva cacophony. How long has it been? Twitter is in India may be since 2009, FB a few years earlier, if I am not mistaken. Since around 4 years, people have started using it extensively.

That really is a short period.

How India feels about Pakistan, would be crystallized ever more based on exchange of opinions on SM and blogs, rather than MSM talks. It is only a matter of time. More Bharat-centric MSM would come up.

In the mean time MSM would continue to prostitute to "secular" considerations, and can hardly be considered representative of Indian public opinion. Secular MSM would die its natural death.

Perhaps those who don't have confidence in the future, would continue to feel disturbed by NDTV and the like! For others, they are just a passing yawn!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

GaganJi, if that makes you puke, just wait till ModiJi backs off on yet another one of his maacho boasts pre-election and resumes kirket with TSP. Looking at his TSP policy, that day is not very far off. The pressure on him to resume kirket is relentless no doubt.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RajeshAJi come on, ArjunJi does have a point. Our soldiers are dying, our people are dying because of TSP perfidy, and large swathes of Indians are sucking up to some India TSP film. Can anyone take India seriously then, much less Pakijabi ISI, about taking on TSP for its terror sponsorship? Its exactly that spectacle that results in India TSP equal equal, India TSP wants piss but for "extremists on both sides" and crap like that.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

TSP faujis are besotten with a madness, are on top of a Tiger and afraid to get off/totally in trance of this murder madness.

They need a tight slap to shock them out of this madness.
This has worked in the past multiple times.

It worked in '71, It worked after Vajpayee mobilized and Mushy surrendered and turned off the terrorism tap. It has worked with them turning off the Punjab terrorism in the past - I am sure they didn't turn off the Khalistan movement out of any love for India - they were forced / threatened to stop it.
It worked after the Atlantique was shot down - that stopped aggressive patrols by the P3cs and Atlantiques on IN / Border.
It has worked after salala by the americans - Overt Pak fauj haramigiri at the border stopped after that.

The problem after '71 and the other situations has been that they were allowed to be too comfortable - massa also is guilty of just packing and leaving from the 80's afghanistan. So the Pakistanis resumed their haramigiri.

After the tight slap, they must be constantly be kept under watch, repeat thappads will need to be administered from time to time.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The more india resorts to legal evidence gathering, the more emboldened the Pakistanis feel.

Why not take out one of the jihadi training camps after nice pictures of abduls undergoing weapons training are taken. One can splash all those pictures on the news media or threaten to do so.
The pakis will deny that any such camp was attacked, and suffer in silence.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

CRamS wrote:RajeshAJi come on, ArjunJi does have a point. Our soldiers are dying, our people are dying because of TSP perfidy, and large swathes of Indians are sucking up to some India TSP film. Can anyone take India seriously then, much less Pakijabi ISI, about taking on TSP for its terror sponsorship? Its exactly that spectacle that results in India TSP equal equal, India TSP wants piss but for "extremists on both sides" and crap like that.
This is OT, but frankly it is hard to to take seriously an argument that proposes that India cannot be taken seriously because Indians are watching a goddamn movie.

Anyway, Indian media, namely our films, have probably helped grow India's soft power as much if not more than any other medium. Two, people can be entirely different from they watch for entertainment. There's a diary recovered from the body of a Pakistani officer, IIRC around the time of the Kargil war, which speaks of him and his comrades watching Bollywood movies in their tents and then going to the front lines to snipe- and presumably kill- Indian troops.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^You have completely missed the point. It is the content of the movie that is the problem. We aren't talking about just another stupid Bollywood love triangle. The aman ka tamasha nonsense peddled in these movies does affect people's perception and makes them believe pakistanis are just like us and if it wasn't for our dirty politicians, every thing would be hunky-dory. The problem is that we as a people naively lap this up.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/c ... 500491.ece
Citizenship soon for those who fled religious persecution

In a move that will have far-reaching implications in Assam and some parts of north-west India, the Union Home Ministry will amend the Citizenship Act, 1955, to grant citizenship to undocumented migrants who fled religious persecution in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The migrants include not just Hindus but also Buddhists, Christians, Zoroastrians, Sikhs and Jains.

Top Home Ministry sources have confirmed that a Bill is in the works to amend the Act and make changes to some provisions in the Foreigners Act, 1946, the Passport (Entry into India) Act, 1920, and the Passport (Entry into India) Rules, 1950. The Law Ministry has vetted the amendments.

“This is an idea floated right after the Modi government came to power, but it was found that many people who fled into India fearing religious persecution do not have valid documents, or have their visas expired. Therefore, these people are illegal migrants and ineligible for citizenship,” a top official said. Several high-level meetings were held by the Ministry with the Law Minister, the Law Secretary and the Home Secretary to remedy the situation.

“Basically, two changes need to be made to the Passport Act, 1920, and Passport Rules, 1950, to exempt people who fled religious persecution from Pakistan or Bangladesh from being termed illegal migrants and offer them long-term visas while their case for citizenship is being considered,” a source said.

Citizenship issue can affect relations with neighbours

The cut-off date proposed for victims of religious persecution from Pakistan and Bangladesh who can apply for citizenship is December 31, 2014. Citizenship by registration (a minimum stay of seven years) and naturalisation (a minimum of 12 years) will be the two routes.

The External Affairs Ministry has cautioned the Home Ministry that the move could hurt India’s relations with its neighbours. Nevertheless, the political call has been taken.
what could possibly go wrong?

Soon the USCIRF will report how Modi is collecting christians from all around the world to persecute them.

The scoundrels at USCIRF have the temerity to falsely report that the bodh gaya bombings were done by hindus

http://indiafacts.co.in/analysis-uscirf ... port-2014/
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

CRamS wrote:RajeshAJi come on, ArjunJi does have a point. Our soldiers are dying, our people are dying because of TSP perfidy, and large swathes of Indians are sucking up to some India TSP film. Can anyone take India seriously then, much less Pakijabi ISI, about taking on TSP for its terror sponsorship? Its exactly that spectacle that results in India TSP equal equal, India TSP wants piss but for "extremists on both sides" and crap like that.
Too much public posturing, IMHO is counterproductive. That way you

1) Tell the opponent, that he has succeeded in hurting you
2) You raise him to your level - "aukaat"
3) You start playing for the "mediator" gallery
4) Shows that you can mostly bark, but not hurt the other

The only thing that matters is how hard we hit Pakistani Army and that they are appropriately humiliated - how hard the thapparh is! Some thapparhs have to be delivered while the cheeks of our citizens are still wet, and some have to be delivered at the time and manner of our choosing.

I don't think the chest-thumping should come from Indian government. I think the shrieks should come from Paki side. The job of nationalist Indians is to let our public know, that GoI is indeed making Pakistan pay - be it through cross-border firing, or in some other way.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

At least 12 killed as MI-17 helicopter crashes near Mansehra
Karma Bite 5 Majors and Five Bakras
MANSEHRA: At least 12 Army personnel, including five Majors, were martyred in an Army Aviation MI-17 helicopter crash near Lassan Nawab area of Mansehra on Thursday evening.District Police Officer (DPO) Najeeb-ur-Rehman said that according to locals, 12 people have been confirmed dead in the incident.The charred corpses were burnt beyond recognition and the aircraft, which was carrying aid supplies, was still on fire in the evening, he added.An official of the ISPR confirmed the incident, adding that the helicopter was carrying relief items and medicines for flood affectees to Gilgit.According to sources, the helicopter was enroute from Rawalpindi to Gilgit when it crashed near Lassan Nawab, a valley about 32 kilometers from Mansehra District in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan also expressed sorrow and grief over the crash. He directed the local administration to provide assistance in rescue and relief efforts.The martyred personnel include; Major Humayun (Pilot), Major Muzammil (Pilot), Major Shahzad (Doctor), Major Atif (Doctor), Major Usman (Doctor), Havaldar Munir Abbasi, Nursing Assistant Amanullah, Naik Amir Saeed, Naik OT Maqbool, Sepoy Rehmat-ullah and Sepoy Waqar.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

Hmmm Looks like the Porki army AF Mi-17's are having a lot of crashes recently. Two more went down without any help from TTP.

Haram links
httpXXX://www.dawn.com/news/1198782/helicopter-cr ... litary-men

httpXXX://www.dawn.com/news/1198774/air-force-hel ... al-injured
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

MQM writes to Indian High Commission; letter found
Hussein Waliullah
Karachi: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) in the letter written to Indian High Commission regarding four missing party workers came to light earlier today.The letter stated that Pakistani security agencies detained as many as 12 party workers on their way to Hyderabad from Karachi. However, eight of them have been released while four are still in custody. This letter urges India to take notice of the matter and raise voice. The MQM said earlier today that it had written letters to embassies of 55 countries and not just New Delhi to raise voice for the party's missing workers. The party was clarifying its position after local television channels reported that the MQM had written to the Indian High Commission asking them to raise voice for recovery of the detained workers and describing their arrest as a human rights violation.One TV channel showed a copy of the letter to Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan, bearing signatures of MQM leaders Arif Khan, Abdul Qadir Khanzada and Shabbir Qaimkhani, but MQM senior leaders said today that the party had written to embassies of 55 countries — and not just India — in order to raise the issue of four workers, who had gone missing while traveling to a wedding in Hyderabad.He said that letters had also been written to embassies of the United States, Britain, Japan, China, Australia and the Arab Emirates. Qaim Khani claimed that the act of highlighting only the letter written to the Indian embassy was based on malicious intent.Meanwhile, MQM leader Farooq Sattar told reporters that the party had not written any such letter to the Indian High Commission. Sattar said that even if any such email had been sent due to an error of human judgment or technical error and should not be portrayed as an intentional act. On the other hand, Rabita Committee has said that dispatching letters to India and other countries regarding human rights violation in Karachi is a regular exercise.MQM spokesperson said that copies of all letters written to foreign embassies have been sent to the Prime Minister (PM), Chief Justice (CJ) of Pakistan and Chief of Army Staff (COAS). “MQM owns what it does”, he added.
Avinash R
BRFite

Post by Avinash R »

Bheeshma wrote:Hmmm Looks like the Porki army AF Mi-17's are having a lot of crashes recently. Two more went down without any help from TTP.

Haram links
http://www.dawn.com/news/1198782/helico ... litary-men

http://www.dawn.com/news/1198774/air-fo ... al-injured
courtesy of biradars like adnan rashid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Rashid

there seem to be more such talibunnies among the PAF ranks sabotaging the kufr airplanes

and the PAF was demanding america give them drones :D
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

MQM says:
MQM leader Waseem Akhtar, however, told DawnNews "it is normal practise" to routinely send letters to all consulate generals, the prime minister of Pakistan and chief justice of Pakistan whenever party activists are arrested.

"Any such letter or its contents is never a secret as it is copied to the people mentioned by me."

"Parliamentarians write letters to all concerned consulates and submit petitions with high courts and relevant chief justices whenever arrest of activists occurs like it did recently when party workers en route to attend a wedding ceremony in Hyderabad were arrested by security agencies."
Very interesting comments by Pakistanis in the article posted by Jujhar ji.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

He and other 'integrationists' should go a step backward and say that allowing entry of Islam to India was the biggest mistake. If that Original mistake had not taken place, other 'mistakes' would not have occurred too.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Asking Help from India, Dreams of Khushbu turning into Pakistan's Night-Mere.
At 28.41, Imran Khan confirm Wet Salwar Theory Of PA in very explicit term
Last edited by Prem on 07 Aug 2015 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

‏@ShekharGupta Aug 5
Which serious nation makes a live TV spectacle of a terrorist caught in action, "confessions" and all. World must laugh at our tamashe-bazi
Mildly amusing that this omelette-slurping Shekhar Gupta, who kissed Musharraf's Musharraf in Agra, is worried about the "world laughing at India"....apparenly Indians laughing at this shameless turd does not really affect him all that much.

As if throwing dossiers at pakistan was any better than this move, which at least informs the nation at large as to what Pakistan is up to, before the pakis and their buddies in the international media (including the likes of Shekar Gupta) cover up pakistan's crimes.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jhujar wrote:MQM writes to Indian High Commission; letter found
Hussein Waliullah
Karachi: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) in the letter written to Indian High Commission regarding four missing party workers came to light earlier today.The letter stated that Pakistani security agencies detained as many as 12 party workers on their way to Hyderabad from Karachi. However, eight of them have been released while four are still in custody. This letter urges India to take notice of the matter and raise voice. The MQM said earlier today that it had written letters to embassies of 55 countries and not just New Delhi to raise voice for the party's missing workers. The party was clarifying its position after local television channels reported that the MQM had written to the Indian High Commission asking them to raise voice for recovery of the detained workers and describing their arrest as a human rights violation.One TV channel showed a copy of the letter to Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan, bearing signatures of MQM leaders Arif Khan, Abdul Qadir Khanzada and Shabbir Qaimkhani, but MQM senior leaders said today that the party had written to embassies of 55 countries — and not just India — in order to raise the issue of four workers, who had gone missing while traveling to a wedding in Hyderabad.He said that letters had also been written to embassies of the United States, Britain, Japan, China, Australia and the Arab Emirates. Qaim Khani claimed that the act of highlighting only the letter written to the Indian embassy was based on malicious intent.Meanwhile, MQM leader Farooq Sattar told reporters that the party had not written any such letter to the Indian High Commission. Sattar said that even if any such email had been sent due to an error of human judgment or technical error and should not be portrayed as an intentional act. On the other hand, Rabita Committee has said that dispatching letters to India and other countries regarding human rights violation in Karachi is a regular exercise.MQM spokesperson said that copies of all letters written to foreign embassies have been sent to the Prime Minister (PM), Chief Justice (CJ) of Pakistan and Chief of Army Staff (COAS). “MQM owns what it does”, he added.

So Pak in Security Agencies (PISA)had no problem with MQM writing to 54 other countries but have problem with India being among the countries that MQM appealed to.

Shows their mindset.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Udhampur terror attack: Militants attack police post, 2 SPOs injured

UDHAMPUR: Suspected militants tonight attacked a police post in a remote area of Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, injuring two special police officers (SPOs), a day after a terror strike there saw a Pakistani terrorist being captured by villagers.

According to a senior district official, the militants attacked the post in the mountainous Basantgarh area of the district at 9.15pm, leaving the two SPOs injured even as the security personnel deployed there retaliated to the firing.

Additional police and army personnel have been rushed to the area to deal with the situation, the senior district official said, adding that further details are awaited.

In the attack yesterday in Udhampur, two heavily-armed terrorists believed to be from Pakistan ambushed a BSF convoy, killing two constables. While one of the terrorists was killed, the other was caught alive in a manner identical to the nabbing of 26/11 attacker Ajmal Kasab.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

12 dead as military helicopter crashes near Mansehra
MANSEHRA: As many as 12 army personnel were killed when their helicopter crashed near Mansehra on Thursday evening, military officials confirmed.
”There were 12 military men with doctors, paramedics and aviation people on borad,” a senior military official said. Five of those dead were identified as service with ranks of Major.
Cheers Image
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

JE Menon wrote:Tx doc, I have an open mind on that... No idea about the motivations, nor ascribing any for the moment. But my thinking is that going forward, if western clothes become ubiquitous, mindsets might begin to change in some ways - like tendency for technology absorption; I gather from your comment that cheap Chinese/Indian made Western clothes are less expensive than the traditional shalwar? That in itself is interesting to note. Certainly this is more prevalent among males, but wonder if its prevalence within female demographic is growing...
Couple of points that I noticed. Was looking at Sialkot, supposed to be a relatively rich city with $ 1 Billion of exports (paki numbers so take it with as much salt as you want :mrgreen: ). Looked very ordinary town. No real affluence in terms of shopping malls or buildings that showed up. To compare and contrast I wanted to look at a similar Indian town (please don't beat me up was not trying to do equal equal just that I have been away from country for 15 years so wanted to get some level set /calibrate my ideas) so I looked at Ludhiana. It looked lot richer and more affluent take that pakis.

Also compared Rahim Yar Khan with Jaisalmer (since both are pretty close to each other) paki city was very bland nothing of interest showed up. Just one Chevrolet showroom and some fancy Petrol pump. Other than that seemed like a very poor town. I think it is also a big military / air base so was hoping to see some development but saw none.

One thing to notice is never saw a single factory anywhere. Just shops and even in that most shops are for home goods like plastic ware or utensils etc. Very few shops selling Electronics / home appliance goods. Saw very few LG boards none for Samsung or other cheeni brands.

Cars: Suzuki seems to rule pakis streets. Maruti 800 and Omni equivalent are everywhere. I don't think we have that many Omnis ever. Some Toyota (corolla or yaris sedan types) did not notice any other brands in huge numbers in smaller cities. Roads did seem wider to me. Perhaps faujis have some plans or interest in them.

Definitely more Shalwar Kameez than Pant shirts in smaller towns though as Shivji pointed teens were wearing tee shirts and jeans. Hardly any fashion sense on streets of smaller town (not totally shocking). Road side eateries were filthy might do some search on what people eat later.

Another interesting fact. No cows on road absolutely. Looks like paki owner of cows don't trust their people of faith with cow roaming by herself in the town without male relative. She could be molested / raped / killed or all of the above depending on which Abdul takes her as his right hand possession. That fact stood out when I was watching Indian cities else I would have missed it completely.

One thing that I would also want to highlight is they have a Navy museum in Karachi where they have their submarine Gazi Hangor and some smaller frigates along with a nice park. They have a tour inside the sub. I think IN should have something similar. Also that museum and malls have family days (some days of week) when single males are not allowed. That seems to be only way to keep women safe in public.

Thank you guys for feedback and guidance
Last edited by Brad Goodman on 07 Aug 2015 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
member_29058
BRFite

Post by member_29058 »

#UttarPradesh #UP ‏@BJPLucknowBJP 8h8 hours ago
Excellent Sniper Shots by Security Forces which killed Lashkar Terrorist Talib Shah in Pulwama

Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Brad Goodman wrote:Another interesting fact. No cows on road absolutely. Looks like paki owner of cows don't trust their people of faith with cow roaming by herself in the town without male relative. She could be molested / raped / killed or all of the above depending on which Abdul takes her as his right hand possession. That fact stood out when I was watching Indian cities else I would have missed it completely.
:rotfl:
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Brad Goodman wrote:One thing that I would also want to highlight is they have a Navy museum in Karachi where they have their submarine Gazi and some smaller frigates along with a nice park. They have a tour inside the sub.

Hangor maybe. Ghazi is somewhere off the coast of Visakapatnam.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

you are right Hangor submarine is what they highlight and never mention Gazi meeting its 72. Thank you for correcting
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Brad Goodman wrote: Cars: Suzuki seems to rule pakis streets. Maruti 800 and Omni equivalent are everywhere. I don't think we have that many Omnis ever. Some Toyota (corolla or yaris sedan types) did not notice any other brands in huge numbers in smaller cities. Roads did seem wider to me. Perhaps faujis have some plans or interest in them.
One of the things I noticed was that tiles on footpaths and the skirting of roads had exactly the same pattern/template of pre-fab concrete tiles/blocks as we use in India.

The bad news about this Suzuki/tiles etc is that the people who make the machinery to manufacture Suzuki components as well as machinery for other day to day items like moulds for tiles or extrusion of toothpaste tubes have a common source supplying India and Pakistan. In other words the people who supply both countries are making money from both and will not want to lose either. In fact some of the manufacturers may be in India - with exports going via Dubai. Worse would be third party manufacturers in Italy/Germany etc supplying the same stuff to both
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

I noticed that most wimmens only shop for fashion related articles like clothes, bangles, jewelry etc. You hardly see any wimmens buying groceries and produce. Also the street food seems like a total male bastion. Food stalls run by men, consumed by men.