Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-July 10,

Post by ramana »

Re-Read your post and tell me.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I think this AIB comedy group is Aman ka Tamasha track II.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

When one feels the avenues to a normal expression of one's thoughts, feelings and concerns are shut down, it may be that one has no resort other than petty vanity, preoccupation with status, and abuse of others, so as to be able to feel like one's existence too, has a meaning, beyond just getting high marks or making money.
Seriously, this is best that one can come up with to "explain" Indian responses to Pakistan? "Indians want to display petty vanity and prove their own existence" when they call out utter nonsense passing itself for piskological analysis of pakis? just utterly fascinating stuff, all of this.

occam's razor would say that given sufficient information to figure things out on their own, hindus are just as likely as any other group to figure out reality. The problem of mixed signals being sent out by the people in charge legitimately confuses the average citizen on the true nature of pakistan. But things have a way of revealing themselves over time to people who are being kept in the dark. So I will shut up now and get back to discussing crappistan.
brat
BRFite

Post by brat »

KLNMurthy wrote:
salaam wrote:Cross-posting from 'Gurdaspur Terrorist Strike' thread.

Gurdaspur Coverage as by 'Shahid Masood' is as follows. Do keep in mind that this guy is a foul mouthed spokesperson for ISI and thus for the 'Pakistani Establishment' stationed at GHQ, Pindi. His regular guests are 'Hamid Gul', 'Zulfiqar Mirza', 'Faisal Raza Abidi' and 'Sheik Rasheed Ahmed'.

27 July: http://youtu.be/DEwatZ3dPeo?t=60s watch till 8m (total run of 7 mins)
- Starts with his own 'June' clip wherein he warned that 'Punjab Terror' movement is picking up again. This is in line with Pak prop up of 'Punjab Terror' during Modi rallies in US and Canada as well as other actions of re-ignition.
- Uses word 'bhonda' (stupid) act to describe what he claims is an Indian Intelligence planned operation. Multiple usage of word 'nikhato' (useless) and 'bevkook' (idiot) to describe Indian Intelligence and South Block.
- According to him Bharat has lost the game in Afghanistan and thus are attacking its own population to blame Pakistan.

28 July: http://youtu.be/1_eyI6OWF00?t=45s watch till 14m:30s (total run of 13.75 mins)
- For this days episode he has further briefing and is attacking Doval outright. Calls Doval idiot and says that Doval has gone crazy due to Afghanistan talks success. Implies that Doval is ugly.
- Says that since Doval is not fit for planning he should take advice from Pakistani Peons. According to him Pakistani Peons/Cloth-washers/'Bhangi' are more intelligent and better planners then Doval.
- Reaffirms Pakistans love for Sikhs and calls them brothers. Masood is very worried that Indian Government may harm Sikhs due to this terror incident. Further he states, it is nice that the MMS is out now other-wise what would have happened to him, as MMS is Sikh too.

29 July: http://youtu.be/z74Bdi3u5UI?t=11s watch till 2m (total run of 2 mins)
- Starts with attacking Doval, calling him Idiot and duffer. Says that Masood's news is not going to derail the Afghan '2+2+1' (Afghan/Taliban+US/China+Pakistan) talk.
- Worried that Doval might call a suicide strike on himself due to loss of mental balance.

30 July: http://youtu.be/99D0HWP9U2A?t=45s watch till 3m (total run of 2.25 mins)
- Worried about Indian movie trailer which is propagating 'Kaante se Kaanta nikalenge’.
- Implicitly warning India about an upcoming war by quoting some US newspaper saying that India/Pakistan are close to a war after a long time.
- Further discussion of Afghan peace process after 3 min till 20 min, ends with a warning that if Afghan peace process is interrupted by India then US/China will not take it lying down.

31 July: Search for 'Shahid Masood 31 July'
- Talk of Jalaludin Haqqani news disclosure. Discussion on India’s profit/loss due to the same, makes it clear that India won’t gain anything.
- Shows proposed map of IS which include whole of middle-east and parts of India and China.

1 Aug: Search for 'Shahid Masood 1 August'
- Again talk of IS map and stress of India's inclusion in it.
- Discuss of USA Today article of proposed IS attack on India.
- Talks of Raman's article on Yakub.
- Chota Shakeel's warning clip is shown.
- Says that India is now all in trouble due to Kashmir Terror, Punjab supposed terror, IS terror and D-Comany.

3 Aug: Search for 'Shahid Masood 3 August' – late in episode
- Picks up an Indian paper which quoted him calling Doval names. Says he is sorry for hurting the sentiments of Cloth-washers/Peon’s for comparing with Doval.

PS: Kindly note that 'Najam Sethi' has not mentioned 'Gurdaspur Terrorist Strike' at all in his program 'Aapas ki Baat' which was aired on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
That took a lot of patience and lot of work. And saves the same for others. Thank you.
Great thx
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLNMurthy wrote:... (there are no travel agents involved when I meet warm pakis in America) ...
Bang on target - I never visited Pakistan, but all the Pakistanis I met in the US (professionally, as of student of Pakistani origin professors, Pakistani researchers, Doctors - there are a lot of them in the US, almost as many as of Indian origin, or even some random guy in an Indian eating establishment) are very warm and behave like long lost brothers who should be warm towards each other but yet there is recent strain in the relationship. It could be that these are second generation of the Jinnah era two-nation walas. But then PoP in the US are a recent phenomenon. These people have most excellent education and professional capabilities to be able to come to the US and shine. Are there those kinds of people in Pakistan? If so, are they the ones our track II wagha candle holders are contacting? Whatg are their numbers? If they are just some fractional percentage, then all India can do is to grant them work permits to come to India and work, if they so wish and want to leave a country that is regressing to 500 CE times and hitch themselves to a country that does not believe in two-nation theory.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Gagan wrote: Pakistan doesn't produce much as it is, what will they export to Afghanistan hainji?
So the equally long line of coming into India are empty, then. or are they carrying stuff from Afghanistan?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

The Pakistanis I've met are not warm at all.
They are all educated people, but they are all without exception very strange in their behaviour.
All of them are very suspicious, bordering on being paranoid, always suspecting that pork has been mixed in some food item. Some of them even have a list of medications where the gelatin capsule is supposedly not of porcine origin.
They live and earn in massa land, but are always cursing it.
A few of them including wimmens were on a masjid fundraising drive, and were asking me and random goras for donations !!! Yeah right!
My impression is that the school system in Pakistan indoctrinates them well on "Islam Khatre Me hai" meme, so they can't mix well enough with people.
One guy, whose abbu was a retired pak fauji senior afsar used to be their boss. All the other pakis would pay abeyence to him because of his fauji connections back home.

All pakis were always very tense in the weeks preceeding a visit to Pakiland: they're afraid they'll be goatnapped, ransomed, contract some disease (brain eating amoeba I presume), or might not make it back alive in one piece. Then there is the fear that they might not be allowed back into massaland.

We used to ask them to take some electricity home with them.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, I know SSJi posted Fair didi's take on Gurdaspur atack by TSP in the ToI, but here is what I think is a fuller version

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/c-christi ... 26308.html

Only nit-pick I have with her brilliant analysis is that she seems to think "international community" (read her own US) is unaware that there is NO "India TSP problem", there is only a TSP problem. Surely, the brilliant strategists that abound in US think tanks and universities and govt know that there is only a TSP problem, but maintain the charade of "India TSP problem" out of their own strategic compulsions, and so no matter how much India tries to impress upon them that there is only a TSP problem, its not going to cut much ice in terms of any policy changes on their part because India simply has no leverage over them. Even a nationalist PM like ModiJi who was used to humiliate Hindus wants to be in their good books, so no chance of ModiJi trying to convince the "International community" that TSP is an evil abomination visa vi India, and neither is there any possibility of them seeing the light of the day on TSP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CRS, TSP is part of the India-Pakistan balance created for control of ME.

Two parts already collapsed: Israel-Arab and Iran-Iraq.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:Re-Read your post and tell me.
Re-read it. I got nothing to tell you other than that I believe my post was appropriate, though perhaps a bit challenging to the comfort zones of some people.

So, I still have my question, and you can tell me if you want to, or just claim admin discretion, or just whim or whatever.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

KLNMurthy wrote: Re-read it. I got nothing to tell you other than that I believe my post was appropriate, though perhaps a bit challenging to the comfort zones of some people.
Comfort zone, it seems. You just do some ridiculous "psychoanalysis" and go around claiming pakis are reasonable, and then pretend you are challenging comfort zones of people. Along the same lines, I could just as well claim that you are pretty much clueless as far as pakistan is concerned, and you are trying to compensate for your ignorance by making outrageous "psychoanalysis" of Indians, who are apparently, in your view, too stupid or have various complexes that stops them from figuring pakis, who are complex and hard to understand. So far you have been spewing utter nonsense, and pretending you are saying something deep and new, when you are doing nothing of that sort.

Pakis in the US are not representative of pakis in pakistan, and even there, if we are going to provide empirical examples as "proof" of complex and good pakis, I can provide sufficient counter examples that are in stark contrast to all the civilized pakis you claim to have met. Regardless, the point is about the polity in Pakistan that has been radicalized not some subset that has no skin in the game and lives comfortably outside of Pakistan.
Last edited by Tuvaluan on 05 Aug 2015 02:56, edited 2 times in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Gagan wrote:Very nice post Salaam
This Sahid Masood character is supposedly a doctor. Dunno what kind of doctor he is, but apparently not a successful one, one can safely assumeThey are miffed because Ajit Doval knows them inside out, knows their BENIS stories and now as NSA has all their officer/jihadi files to pore over pictures of their shenegians, they are afraid that information about their families is also in the files that the Indian security establishment has access to.This is the fear filled outburst of people who are very scared these days
I have followed this Dr of islamic studies, Mian Maasood over couple of years and he had definitely lost his marbles in last few month. This idiot think end of time is approaching and paki will be doing Gazawa Hind as chosen people of allah.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I never met an intelligent paki, if such species exist. Most of them are curious, suspicious, low or average IQ and some are profoundly idiots. All of them appear brainwashed. I don't see them voluntarily mixing with Indians and so are Indians. I never experienced this long lost brotherly bhaichara.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pakis in US sound very reasonable and earnest. No need to think they represent society back in TSP.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ramana wrote:Pakis in US sound very reasonable and earnest. No need to think they represent society back in TSP.
Are they really reasonable or appear reasonable post 9/11? Paki in US must be sh!tting in pants knowing FBI is always breathing down their neck.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Some always. Some with fauji connections have chip on shoulder.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Ramana ji
I think we are looking at different age groups of Pakis.
The current 25-45 yr old are badly educated, paranoid, very narrow minded, quick to take offense, unable to mix at all, and their indoctrination makes them say strange things, sometime very outrageous things.
The older generation have become more refined and more capable of hiding their true selves
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

To me, most of them sound like the porky dorkies on PeeDeeEff.
Very bizzare and uninformed
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You could be right.
ramana
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

ramana wrote:Pakis in US sound very reasonable and earnest. No need to think they represent society back in TSP.
ramana :

Ramana Ji, no such animal exists in our World!

Cheers Image
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Tuvaluan wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Re-read it. I got nothing to tell you other than that I believe my post was appropriate, though perhaps a bit challenging to the comfort zones of some people.
Comfort zone, it seems. You just do some ridiculous "psychoanalysis" and go around claiming pakis are reasonable, and then pretend you are challenging comfort zones of people. Along the same lines, I could just as well claim that you are pretty much clueless as far as pakistan is concerned, and you are trying to compensate for your ignorance by making outrageous "psychoanalysis" of Indians, who are apparently, in your view, too stupid or have various complexes that stops them from figuring pakis, who are complex and hard to understand. So far you have been spewing utter nonsense, and pretending you are saying something deep and new, when you are doing nothing of that sort.

Pakis in the US are not representative of pakis in pakistan, and even there, if we are going to provide empirical examples as "proof" of complex and good pakis, I can provide sufficient counter examples that are in stark contrast to all the civilized pakis you claim to have met. Regardless, the point is about the polity in Pakistan that has been radicalized not some subset that has no skin in the game and lives comfortably outside of Pakistan.
What I posted originally was not psychoanalysis at all; I don't know that subject. My post had to do with the challenges of getting through to Indians who experience friendliness from pakistanis and therefore conclude that the information they have been given about paki evilness is false. I am not such a person but I used to be. I worked out how warmth and enmity towards Hindus can coexist in pakis,and I am fairly clear and confident about my understanding.

I did not say that pakis were reasonable. That word is the product of your own mind. I said that in my personal experience the warmth exuded by pakis towards Hindus was not fake.

I didn't say my experience was typical or universal. That again comes from your own head. I did suggest that perhaps the Indians who conclude that they have been lied to about paki evilness experienced the same friendliness I did, but (by implication) lacked the benefit of the study and thinking that I did.

We are at war with Pakistan. Indian public opinion and awareness of that war is a key element of that war. I think qualities and attributes like sloppy reading and thinking, knee-jerk abuse and disrespect towards your fellows--even those on your own side in the war--impatience with anything that challenges one's preconceptions, don't make it easier to fight and win the war.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 05 Aug 2015 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Gurdaspur jihadis planned to attack temples, college?
NEW DELHI: The GPS devices recovered from the terrorists killed in the terror attack in Punjab last Monday had the coordinates of two temples and a college fed in them, a revelation which has forced the intelligence agencies to probe if these were the primary targets.

Sajoti Mata ji temple, Chhotu Nath Mandir and SSM College in Dinanagar figure in the GPS coordinates, the logs accessed by TOI reveal.

The suspicion that the terrorists may have hijacked the police station in a desperate move after being spotted was already an aspect of investigation by the agencies as not having hostages did not serve them any purpose. The real plan, they say, could have been to hijack students of the college and target the temples.

Indian agencies could now take help of foreign agencies and the FBI lab to have the devices and the data analyzed minutely.

The GPS logs show that the devices had coordinates of 13 places in Punjab stored in them. A majority of the places were visited by the terrorists. The timers in the devices were altered to mislead investigators and the devices were switched on only after the terrorists crossed the border.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Anindya wrote:How does this help?

Pak businessmen to get 3-year multiple-entry visa
Not at all, but it's probably under some sort of saarc deal.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

KLNMurthy wrote:
ramana wrote:Re-Read your post and tell me.
Re-read it. I got nothing to tell you other than that I believe my post was appropriate, though perhaps a bit challenging to the comfort zones of some people.

So, I still have my question, and you can tell me if you want to, or just claim admin discretion, or just whim or whatever.
KLNM garu,
Let's not impose secular prejudices on Hindus. It's evil Hindu who elected communal fascist tea seller Modi.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I know there are many fair fans here, but I think she is payomukhavyaghram.

Check her tweets before gurdaspur attack. I think she is trying to get back to her pakjabi lover & wouldnt hesitate to burn India to prove her loyalty.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Didn’t insult Sushma Swaraj by talking to Pak: NSA - ToI
National security advisor Ajit Doval on Tuesday denied he ``embarrassed'' external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj when he spoke directly to the Pakistan ambassador to stop his country's troops from firing on the border. This happened soon after the two nations decided to revive peace talks in Ufa, Russia, last month.

Talking about deterrence, Doval said India punches below its weight. ``We should not punch below our weight or over our weight. We must punch proportionately,'' he said.

During a brief question-answer session during the Lalit Doshi Memorial lecture at the YB Chavan hall in south Mumbai, the NSA bluntly said there is no time for hierarchy when immediacy is required. ``There was no embarrassment to the ministry of external affairs or to Sushma Swaraj, who was not there at that time,'' he said.

``The message was given to the Pakistanis early in the morning, 7.05 am, to stop the firing or India will retaliate with effect. The message was also given to our high commission in Pakistan,'' said Doval.

At such times, he added, there should be no time for bureaucratic hurdles. ``Otherwise you do not deserve to be in that position,'' he told a packed audience comprising industrialists, bureaucrats, police officials among others.

``It is wrong to say that the prime minister's office dictates terms. It is all teamwork,'' he said.

He also refused to answer a provocative question about why India had failed to catch underworld don Dawood Ibrahim despite a strong army and navy. Doval said, as an example, that a tank battalion cannot be used to catch a pickpocket. However, the state must develop power to tackle covert threats, he added.

The NSA also justified use of violence by the state if it is ``through rightful processes and not done in an indiscriminate manner''. ``The state has to protect the supreme interest of the nation. Or else all other freedoms will sink,'' he cautioned.

Doval also lambasted those who described capital punishment as ``state sponsored killings'' in the wake of Yakub Memon's hanging last week. ``It is totally untenable to say that. When a state acts for the nation's interest and not for any vested interest, it does not reduce us to murderers,'' he said.

Taking a dig at the critics, the NSA said individual morality cannot be inflicted on the larger interest of society. ``The nation will take all recourse to protect the present generation and future generation. We owe it to them,'' he said.

During Yakub Memon's funeral in Mumbai, Doval monitored the situation from the state headquarters, Mantralaya.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Falijee wrote:Bad Sharif Attends Chinese Embassy Military Reception And Announces That China's Enemy Is Pakistan's Enemy And We Will Defeat Rivals Jointly
ISLAMABAD: The Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Raheel Sharif, on Friday said that “China’s enemy is Pakistan’s enemy and we will defeat rivals jointly”.

He said this on Friday evening in a grand reception hosted by the Chinese Embassy’s Armed Forces attaché Major General Qi Huajun to commemorate the 88th anniversary of the foundation of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) here at a local hotel. The army chief was the chief guest.

General Raheel said: “Your enemy is our enemy. Eliminating the East Turkistan Independence Movement is its manifestation.[*] Our cooperation for regional stability will squeeze space for states and non-state actors for stable Afghanistan.”
[*] But are these not members of the Ummah Brotherhood :eek:
One small correction: ETIM is not "East Turkistan Independence Movement", it is "East Turkistan Islamic Movement". So Pakistan Chief of Army Staff is saying he will eliminate "East Turkistan Islamic movement". Surely the tongue slip is intentional
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

About how Pakistanis behave towards guests and others - there is plenty of material available published by others which have been posted time and again on this forum

This is what Stephen Cohen said:
viewtopic.php?p=1674039#p1674039
Punjabis can best be described as a cross between Texans and New Yorkers. They exude a brashness and zest for life (reflected through their rich stock of "Punjabi" jokes) and also include some of Pakistan's best educated and cultured elites, all of which can be irritating to non-Punjabis. For Punjabis, only the Pashtuns can compare in martial qualities and valor; attitudes toward Baluchis are dismissive, and toward Sindhis, contemptuous.
From my ebook:
An article in the American magazine, The Weekly Standard
had this to say in its Nov 5th 2001 edition:

..the attractive character of elite Pakistani officials.
Compared with their haughty Indian and chaotic Afghan
neighbors, Pakistani VIPs are often wittier, warmer, and
more knowledgeable about the insider gossip of U.S.
politics. American diplomats and spooks often have a good
deal of fun with their Westernized Pakistani
counterparts. As one congressional staffer, who
frequently visits south-central Asia, succinctly put it,
"I like 'em; the Indians are jerks."

and:
As recently as June 2002, the Washington Post reported:
It was mid afternoon Tuesday, and Anwar Mahmood,
Pakistan's information secretary, was on the phone
discussing with an underling how to keep more than 100
foreign journalists happy for the rest of the week...if
it keeps the reporters satisfied, he figured, it's worth
the $3,000 it will cost his ministry to rent the plane
from Pakistan International Airlines...The Pakistani
government, eager to make its voice heard, has ordered
foreign embassies to expedite visas for
journalists...Five times in the past month, the
Information Ministry has rented air-conditioned buses to
carry journalists to the Line of Control... There they
are treated to hour-long military briefings, complete
with maps, displays of Indian mortar shells -- and tea
sandwiches served on trays by white-gloved soldiers. You
won't get such hospitality from the Indian army.
Given these observations, Fair must indeed have crawled under Paki skin to say the things that many Indians feel about Pakis.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RamaY wrote:I know there are many fair fans here, but I think she is payomukhavyaghram.

Check her tweets before gurdaspur attack. I think she is trying to get back to her pakjabi lover & wouldnt hesitate to burn India to prove her loyalty.
Lets not over-analyze every time someone posts some article by Fair, what she is saying is ruthless honesty about TSP. Not that we or many other Indian strategists don't know or can't say the same thing, but the reality of pervasive colonial disease in India means that some SDRE saying the same thing will by a "Hindu extremist". Anyway, what were the nature of her tweets pre Gurdaspur? I know she said something about "Saffron terror", but coming from her, I am not surprised, she bashes the Christian right in USA with impunity too.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

There was a great movement of bakis post 9/11, including to canada. Visitations to baki homes by ghosts and apparitions were universal. Bakis now realise many of their kind went back under not so normal circumstances and they dont have any rights or sympathies in uncledom. So they will not be normal rageboys unless they are confident the audience is only SDRE. "But they do not behave like this in front of me" is no excuse when the trait is universally documented.

Now, that hesitation used to be the case until this new government east of bakistan. Strings might be loosening again, for all we know.

Assigning any intelligence or culture to goat raised bakis is only wishful thinking. Wishes will not be horses, donkeys may be, goats perhaps.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote: the reality of pervasive colonial disease in India means that some SDRE saying the same thing will by a "Hindu extremist".
Spot on.

The fact is that "secular nation states" were born from the embers of religious states - and those embers ensured that the rights of religions were protected by solid firewalls. Religious states could impose religion as per their interpretation of their books.

The problem Hindus face is that "Hinduism" is not a rigid religion governed by unbreakable written rules allegedly given by God who gives authority to punish if those rules/laws are broken. On the other hand, both Christianity and Islam are governed by unbreakable rules allegedly given by God who gives authority to punish if those rules/laws are broken.

So Hindu sentiment and tradition can always be trodden upon, debated or pushed back as unimportant, the religious laws of Islam and Christianity are held as sacrosanct as written in their books. This tendency was formalized into law by the British when the wrote a secular penal code for India, which we adopted as our laws. Hindus were asked to set aside their religious sensibilities when they came into conflict with Islamic or Christian law. This state of affairs was then raised by post-independence Indians are the ideal secular state.

Any change in this state of affairs where Hindus bring up their sensibilities - eg in objecting to the cooking of meat, especially beef in properties they own, is dubbed as Hindu fundamentalism. Every restaurant goes out of its way to serve halal meat where the animal has its throat cut and dies a painful death from bleeding, and no one serves Sikh style jhatka meat where the animal is killed painlessly. It is unsecular to object to this. Conversions, disallowing non Islamic literature in Saudi Arabia and subjugating Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan, driving out Pandits from Kashmir fall under acts that are allowed under religion, against which the secular Indian can have no objection.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Not really if you assume that people of the Indian subcontinent are the same and are high achievers. You really don't see very many Paki origin persons as captains of industry or in academics. The ones that are successful are the ones running/owning gas stations and small fast food restaurants. Not many are owners of large hotels or businesses. I see Paki kids in the US do well, but they rarely make it as National Merit Scholars or the more prestigious Presidential Scholars. I have not seen any Paki origin kids as national science and math award winners in any significant figures; whereas there have been Bangladeshis. For all the valor of Pakis claiming superior English skills over Indians, I don't remember seeing a Paki kid at the national spelling or geography bee.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Selection bias:

Yesterdays newspaper here in India stated that just 8% of Indians are graduates. It is a well publicized fact that 100% of Indians in the US are graduates. That is because the US selectively imports educated people from India. When they need taxi drivers and construction workers they have other sources.

Pakistani emigration to the US - cannot be on the basis of high educational qualifications because Pakistan simply lack the education infrastructure that India has
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

WRT Pakis in western countries, the question which people should be asking is about the family background of these expatriates. A great many from India who reach US shores do so basis their merit and excellence during UG/PG stage - and mostly in science/engineering domain. And take the decision to study in US because many are able to get some sort of scholarship support from the university. These men and women in actual sense represent brain drain for best of the minds migrate to US.

Compared to this, it is my hypothesis that most Pakistanis who land up in america comes from affluent homes...these people would've studied in more expensive and exclusive schools in Pakistan. And then, either some UG degree in Pakistan followed by PG in America/UK or UG+PG in America/UK. Though, I suspect, there will be more Pakistanis doing PG in humanities and social sciences than science/engineering domain. A higher %age of PG students in humanities/social sciences streams is an indication of affluent background where seats are secured basis connection and money. And then onto some 'think tank'.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Mullah Omar worked as potato vendor to escape detection in Pakistan

I think this is BS and has been put to absolve Pakis of any wrongdoing. If MO has become a street vendor in Karachi, then he must have linguistic skills of Urdu and Sindhi, which I think is doubtful.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CRamS wrote: she bashes the Christian right in USA with impunity too.
May be with abandon rather than impunity? Surely she would antagonize a large section. It is also possible that she is completely irrelevant and small potato in the larger scheme of things where Hillary Clintons, Sara palins, Barbara bush, condy rice, Samantha rice and Nikki Haley play.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Gagan wrote:
All pakis were always very tense in the weeks preceeding a visit to Pakiland: they're afraid they'll be goatnapped, ransomed, contract some disease (brain eating amoeba I presume), or might not make it back alive in one piece. Then there is the fear that they might not be allowed back into massaland.

We used to ask them to take some electricity home with them.
Also the way they are treated on their way home and back. Like pigs.

I was at Dubai airport enroute to massa from India and long layover in between flight. Did not feel like being a touristah to some more shopping mall so decided to check out one of that tube sleeping rooms in I think Terminal 3. Horror-e-horror, this was terminal where the unwashed abduls were flying back to Lawhore/Pissawar etc ...

Anyway., so I show up at the information desk (wo)manned by a chineese. And ask her where the sleeping rooms are. While she is directing me politely with smile and all that - a baki abdul butts in - and then the fun starts. The chineese asks him for his passport, boarding card and treats him like dirt before directing him to the loo. The abdul is frustrated and gives me angry looks!! And I decide to rub in further., ask him - oh you are from bakistan - that is why you have to show all your ids even to go to loo! In chaste Hindi.

Point is, bakistanis are treated like pigs everywhere. While coming back to massa - they must be stripped!

The elite bakis I run into some of them are angry that we do not allow bakis to enter India easily (for what to do bomb blasts?)., since this bakis have married into elite muslim families in India (and also there are very few avenues for them being limited to elite circles in Kranchi/Lawhore only).
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

vayu tuvan wrote:
CRamS wrote: she bashes the Christian right in USA with impunity too.
May be with abandon rather than impunity? Surely she would antagonize a large section. It is also possible that she is completely irrelevant and small potato in the larger scheme of things where Hillary Clintons, Sara palins, Barbara bush, condy rice, Samantha rice and Nikki Haley play.
She has claimed on more than one occasion that she was an atheist.