Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05, 2015

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_29172
BRFite

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05,

Post by member_29172 »

Now that we are talking about sickular intel-e-ctuals, here's one from burkha
Fbook.

My India…..

A country that till 18 months ago, was blessed with perfect communal harmony, the country that enjoyed an absolute freedom of expression, the country that had not banned a single book, movie or play.

No one had heard of the word ‘caste’ in my India and the word ‘religion’ either. There was no hunger, nor there was poverty. All the farmers were billionaires so no one ever committed suicide. It was a wonderful country where people could eat as much beef they wanted, anywhere they wanted. There were no laws banning cow slaughter in any state. No one had heard of words like corruption, murders and rape.

Communal violence and riots were unheard of. The years 1947 and 1984 skipped India, therefore there were no such things as partition riots and anti-Sikh riots. The year 2002 however did happen in a terrible place called Gujarat, the single stain on the spotless secular fabric of India! Kashmiri Pandits lived in the valley in peace and harmony with their neighbours. The ethnic cleansing of the valley never happened. Serial bomb blasts and terrorist attacks were also terms that did not exist.

Indians did not know what unhappiness or poverty or suffering meant. If they wanted to experience it, they would go on a conducted tour to Sudan or Palestine!

Such was the paradise that was my India!

Unfortunately, the good run did not last.

16th May 2014, I still remember that dark day - the day Fascist Patriarchal Hindu Male Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister!

That was the day India saw poverty, communal violence, law and order issues, farmer suicides, caste discrimination, gender discrimination, murders, rape, tax avoidance, spitting on the roads, litter in the streets, road rage and every other social evil that you can think of, for the very first time!!

Thanks to this evil guy Modi, communal violence has crossed all limits. Every day millions of people are being massacred in India. At this rate, there will be no voters left to cast their vote in 2019!

Some eminent historians and liberal thinkers have compared this regime to the Taliban - that social organisation formed by terrorists with no religion. The Taliban however is so hurt with this comparison that it wants Arvind Kejriwal to hold a dharna on its behalf!

We enlightened citizens know that oPM Modi is PERSONALLY responsible for everything from our constipation to clogged toilets at a railway station. I am upset that Modi has NOT issued a statement yet on why there are paan stains on the staircase leading to my building. Everything that is wrong in this country is the PM’s fault. NO ONE else is to be blamed.

Oh my poor poor India! What have you done to deserve this? I need to find a suitable award to return to protest against this.

I hope this Modi resigns soon and we liberal intellectuals can return to the perfect Utopian paradise that was India under the great leadership of intellectual icon, Rahul Gandhi!

(Loose translation of an awesome Marathi post by Pradyumna Paranjape)

Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Farid Zakaria Of CNN Slams Pakistan :roll:
Pakistani army ‘godfather’ of Taliban, says expert
Describing Pakistani army as the “godfather” of the Taliban, a foreign policy expert here on Friday warned that as long as Pakistan military and its mind-set are unchecked and unreformed, the US will face a strategic collapse as it withdraws its forces from Afghanistan.
In an op-ed penned in The Washington Post, Fareed Zakaria rues that there is a tendency in the US government to keep it under the carpet as they do not know how to handle the issue.
This anchor, in the guise of being "objective" has always been "poliitically correct "; just a few weeks ago, on his CNN show, Mushy was very agressive with him.
“Take the many efforts that US officials have recently made to start talks with the Taliban. It turns out that we were talking to ghosts. Omar has been dead for two years, while Pakistani officials have been facilitating ‘contacts’ and ‘talks’ with him,” he said.
“This is part of a pattern. Pakistani officials, from former president Pervez Musharraf down, categorically denied that bin Laden or Omar was living in Pakistan — despite the fact that former Afghan president Hamid Karzai repeatedly pointed this out publicly,” he said.
Describing Pakistan as “time bomb”, Zakaria warned that as long as this military and its mind-set are unchecked and unreformed, the US will face a strategic collapse as it withdraws its forces from the region.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/world ... ttern.html

Spying Case Against U.S. Envoy Is Falling Apart, and Following a Pattern

Last fall, federal agents raided the home and office of Robin L. Raphel in search of proof that she, a seasoned member of America’s diplomatic corps, was spying for Pakistan. But officials now say the spying investigation has all but fizzled, leaving the Justice Department to decide whether to prosecute Ms. Raphel for the far less serious charge of keeping classified information in her home.

The fallout from the investigation has in the meantime seriously damaged Ms. Raphel’s reputation, built over decades in some of the world’s most volatile countries.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

A_Gupta wrote:Prepared to have your mind boggled!

This is World Bank Data.
Here is the page:
http://econ.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERN ... 83,00.html

What is mind-boggling?
According to the World Bank, remittances from Pakistan to India in 2014 amounted to US $ 4.697 billion.
(i.e., by my estimate that is approximately 2% of Pakistan's GDP). In comparison remittances from Oman to India amounted to US $3.471 billion. Remittances from India to Pakistan amounted to US $2.061 billion.

All the data they have
2014 Pakistan-to-India: $4.697 billion, India-to-Pakistan: $2.061 billion
2013 Pakistan-to-India: $4.669 billion, India-to-Pakistan: $1.767 billion
2012 Pakistan-to-India: 0 (yes, zero), India-to-Pakistan: $2.189 billion
2011 Pakistan-to-India: 0, India-to-Pakistan: $1.916 billion
2010 Pakistan-to-India: 0, India-to-Pakistan: $1.505 billion

---
The most reasonable explanation is that the World Bank employed its first Pakistani employee in this remittances estimating division before the 2013 report was released; and the World Bank data is therefore 400% reliable.

The second explanation that this is payment for exports from India masquerading as remittances to families.

The third explanation is that this is capital flight from Pakistan disguised as remittances to families.

PS:
A fourth explanation is that Indians in the Gulf started using a Pakistani hawala channel to send remittances to India, so money goes Gulf-->Pakistan-->India. If that is the case, Pakistan's incoming money should show a $4.7 billion jump in 2013 as well. Remittances to Pakistan totaled $14.010 billion in 2012, and $14.626 billion in 2013, and so this incoming cannot be marked as "remittances", it has to be in some other account.

PPS: A fifth explanation to me is this is the inflowing fake Indian currency manufactured in Pakistan.
Mind truly boggled and very disturbed.

I do hope now that our anti-terrorism, economic offences and immigration authorities are minutely investigating this matter of shockingly high remittances from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and to that Mohammadden terrorist fomenting country.

Articles on the topic in media from the Islamic Republic:

The curious case of remittances to India

$4.7b remitted to India from Pakistan in 2014 alone: report
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Prasad wrote:Too bad I got to hear about this 'aman ki tamasha' natak too late. Could've asked some like-minded friend to attend and ask some innocent questions. Read for much hilarity - https://twitter.com/ProjPak
Sample -
Prasad, I was at there at the event. Were you there too? It was a total waste of time, had my blood boil to the hilt. As with all such piss-nik meets, its India did this India did that and India Pak India Pak. TSPians love to talk about India India India, instead of the crap they are perpetrating against their neighbors. The 2 Indian panelists were staid with one of them who had nothing to say except bhaichara, and the other like a typical WKK clown, joined the TSP panelists to bash India.

Only two points to report:

1. That Raza Rumi dude is a typical TSP RAPE with "liberal" facade. He spoke about 26/11, but guess what? His outrage was only against Indian media for whipping up anti-TSP sentiment. I was aghast. And during the Q&A a session I pointedly asked how come no revulsion at the gory act of 26/11, but so much outrage at the justifiable Indian media reaction? And to put him on the spot, I drew an analogy to help the Americans who came understand my anger, Raza Rumi's harping on Indian media reaction post 26/11 is tantamount to pointing a finger at US anger post 9/11, and not at those who perpetrated 9/11 itself. He and the other Paki, Bina Sarwar (who was a tad more reasonable) were mighty pissed off with me after the event. I said kiss my arse. Although as I said this Bina chic was definitely apologetic for 26/11. And she categorically told me that TSPA will never do anything about 26/11 because their role will be exposed.

2. There was a Univ of Oklahoma Prof, grand daughter of Sheikh Abdullah. She had somewhat of a phony Brit accent, but while I detested most of her views, she did hold TSP accountable for perpetrating terror. She was pretty congenial to talk to, and has a good sense of humor. She endorsed MMS and MushRat's 4-point formula, although she attributes that to Vajpayee. I told her joint sovereignty will be a non starter in India, and I said at best, at some very distant time in the future, when TSP is throttled so they can't send in their pigLeTs to create harakiri, India might consider some form of autonomy, for e.g., which day of the week they can collect garbage and stuff like that. She laughed, and said that no matter what "us Kashmiris" have to be involved. One of my Kashmir Pandit friend was there, and it was pity that none of these piss-niks spoke about their plight. The Pakis of course were there with the usual "700000000000... Indian troops raping and killing yada yada". The Prof countered them and said they are accountable for infusing pigLeTs.

BTW: I went back several pages, but I recall someone posted dis-tasteful twitter images by a Paki mocking ModiJi's visit to Silcon Valley, by showing destitute hungry kids "happy" that they will get WiFi. Weren't those tweets by this Rumi dude or somebody else?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Alka_P wrote:Now that we are talking about sickular intel-e-ctuals, here's one from burkha
Fbook.

My India…..

A country that till 18 months ago, was blessed with perfect communal harmony, the country that enjoyed an absolute freedom of expression, the country that had not banned a single book, movie or play.

No one had heard of the word ‘caste’ in my India and the word ‘religion’ either. There was no hunger, nor there was poverty. All the farmers were billionaires so no one ever committed suicide. It was a wonderful country where people could eat as much beef they wanted, anywhere they wanted. There were no laws banning cow slaughter in any state. No one had heard of words like corruption, murders and rape.

Communal violence and riots were unheard of. The years 1947 and 1984 skipped India, therefore there were no such things as partition riots and anti-Sikh riots. The year 2002 however did happen in a terrible place called Gujarat, the single stain on the spotless secular fabric of India! Kashmiri Pandits lived in the valley in peace and harmony with their neighbours. The ethnic cleansing of the valley never happened. Serial bomb blasts and terrorist attacks were also terms that did not exist.

Indians did not know what unhappiness or poverty or suffering meant. If they wanted to experience it, they would go on a conducted tour to Sudan or Palestine!

Such was the paradise that was my India!

Unfortunately, the good run did not last.

16th May 2014, I still remember that dark day - the day Fascist Patriarchal Hindu Male Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister!

That was the day India saw poverty, communal violence, law and order issues, farmer suicides, caste discrimination, gender discrimination, murders, rape, tax avoidance, spitting on the roads, litter in the streets, road rage and every other social evil that you can think of, for the very first time!!

Thanks to this evil guy Modi, communal violence has crossed all limits. Every day millions of people are being massacred in India. At this rate, there will be no voters left to cast their vote in 2019!

Some eminent historians and liberal thinkers have compared this regime to the Taliban - that social organisation formed by terrorists with no religion. The Taliban however is so hurt with this comparison that it wants Arvind Kejriwal to hold a dharna on its behalf!

We enlightened citizens know that oPM Modi is PERSONALLY responsible for everything from our constipation to clogged toilets at a railway station. I am upset that Modi has NOT issued a statement yet on why there are paan stains on the staircase leading to my building. Everything that is wrong in this country is the PM’s fault. NO ONE else is to be blamed.

Oh my poor poor India! What have you done to deserve this? I need to find a suitable award to return to protest against this.

I hope this Modi resigns soon and we liberal intellectuals can return to the perfect Utopian paradise that was India under the great leadership of intellectual icon, Rahul Gandhi!

(Loose translation of an awesome Marathi post by Pradyumna Paranjape)

I do not think the above article was written by Barkha aka "Burkha" Dutt. A trawl the internet leads me to believe that it was written by Shefali Vaidya:

https://www.facebook.com/shefv/posts/10154306891212796
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

How do these mullas of kashmir get to declare the state "theirs" when they forcibly led out Hindu Pandits from their ancestral place? innocent minority's innocence at display here. traitorous mongrels, their loyalties only lies to popping out more jihadis and doing the good ol emotional drama of victimhood.

Hindus are evil, jews are evil, Sikhs are evil, Buddhists are evil, whites are evil, blacks are evil... all the evil evil world is against the poor old muslims. Whatever you say, muslims are good at emotional drama, quite convincing. From Iran to Spain to India, that's how they get in. Point out their bullshit and the point is quickly deflected to some equal-to

The fact that kashmiris who are so-called sickular Indians also indulge in it, shows where their loyalties of Indian muslims lie as well. I've yet to see a credible muslim shoot down zakir naik or owaisi or anyother crazy mulla squeaking about islam.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote: Prasad, I was at there at the event. Were you there too? It was a total waste of time, had my blood boil to the hilt. As with all such piss-nik meets, its India did this India did that and India Pak India Pak. TSPians love to talk about India India India, instead of the crap they are perpetrating against their neighbors. The 2 Indian panelists were staid with one of them who had nothing to say except bhaichara, and the other like a typical WKK clown, joined the TSP panelists to bash India.
Were the "2 Indian panelists" Indian citizens or American citizens of Indian origin?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I would say both are US citizens, and this is a good guess because both have been in this country for many many years, and one guy, the SardarJi may have even been born here given his accent.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

What is this Project Pakistan? An initiative to make sure that everyone has a functioning toilet? I wholeheartedly support this initiative.

Meanwhile Samjhauta Express apparently has been canceled due to farmers in Punjab protesting on the tracks. Pakis are all like "If India cannot protect Samjhauta Express from a few extremists, how can Pakistan deal with every extremist in its border"

I had half a mind to agree and then ask the question "If Pakistan could not find Bin Laden for 10 years, how can India expect Pakistan to find Dawood so soon"
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote:I would say both are US citizens, and this is a good guess because both have been in this country for many many years, and one guy, the SardarJi may have even been born here given his accent.
Then they are utterly irrelevant to what political decisions India makes.
member_29172
BRFite

Post by member_29172 »

It's good to keep a watch on these candle lighters either way
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

A_Gupta wrote:
CRamS wrote: Prasad, I was at there at the event. Were you there too? It was a total waste of time, had my blood boil to the hilt. As with all such piss-nik meets, its India did this India did that and India Pak India Pak. TSPians love to talk about India India India, instead of the crap they are perpetrating against their neighbors. The 2 Indian panelists were staid with one of them who had nothing to say except bhaichara, and the other like a typical WKK clown, joined the TSP panelists to bash India.
Were the "2 Indian panelists" Indian citizens or American citizens of Indian origin?
Canadian and Amreekan. There was no Indian AFAIk. That canadian Sikh Prof is affiliated with this Paki Pagalkhana friend of Rumi. He aint Indian in body, mind or soul.

http://sadew.org/wp/
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

sanjaykumar wrote:Very easy to give up what you don't have. the cunning Hindus should suggest Rawalpindi be turned into a peace park.
I propose Lahore to be a jointly managed cultural city. A symbol of harmony.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Some strategic pakis dream

Nuke india
Take siachen
Take sir creek
Nuke india some more
Take jammu and kashmir
Capture red fort
Nuke india here and there
Capture afghanistan
Capture lakshadweep
Finally, nuke the hell out of india
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

CRamS wrote:Weren't those tweets by this Rumi dude or somebody else?
The photo was from Nadeem F. Paracha. Tweet, to which I responded.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Falijee wrote:Army brings in artillery for LoC fight, ready to ‘shock’ Pakistan
A scrawl by a young army officer on the remnant of a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) fired by Pakistani soldiers on an Indian position captures the mood along the Line of Control (LoC).

“En RPG fired at BT. Why? Inki itni himmat!” it says, with En standing for the word ‘enemy’ and BT for a post called ‘Big Tree’.

Toughening its stance along the troubled border, the Army used 120mm mortars -- held by light artillery regiments -- for the first time in Poonch sector in early September after violations by the Pakistani army peaked in intensity and numbers. HT spotted an artillery battery equipped with these heavy mortars at a post called Forward Defended Locality 490, which was moved closer to the LoC on September 18 as hostilities grew.

“We fired 120mm mortars on two different occasions to good effect,” revealed Brigadier Navdeep Brar, commander of Poonch-based 93 infantry brigade. Battalion/ brigade commanders cannot order 120mm mortar fire and the go-ahead has to come from the Northern Army commander in Udhampur. Pakistan, however, uses the destructive weapon freely.
Does this not count as giving away operational information?
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Sept 05, 2015

Post by Peregrine »

Gwadar vs Chabahar
As for Chinese economic interests, China needs the Gwadar Port to import Middle Eastern oil and gas, which, according to the BP 2012 Statistical Review of World Energy, possesses 48 percent of the world’s oil and 38 percent of natural gas reserves. Also, it wants to access mineral rich Africa via the same port because the port provides the nearest and less expensive route. In return, China will export different sorts of products, ranging from economic to military purposes.

China’s existing sea route passes through the risky South China Sea, Pacific Rim, the Strait of Malacca and Sri Lanka, and Chinese vessels have to cruise about 10,000 km to reach the trading partners in the region. But the Gwadar Port will reduce the sea distance to 2,500 km instead of 10,000 km and land distance for Kashgar to 2,800 because Kashgar is 4,500 km from the main Chinese port, the port of Shanghai, while Gwadar is 2800 km from Kashgar. Resultantly, it will not only save time, but also millions of dollars for China.
The Cwapistanis are Congenital and Incorrigible Fools.

Why would Chinese Import Oil through Gwadar and then send it to Eastern China via Kashgar. It is far more Economical and Quicker to transport it via the Myanmar Port of Kyaukpyu and then by Pipeline to Kunming? Xinjiang Exports Billions of Barrels of Oil and possibly Trillions of Cubic Feet of Natural Gas to Eastern China. Hain Ji?

Cheers Image
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

CRamS, good to know that you were there at the event, giving it back to the RAPEs and WKKs. It seems BRF ke aadmi chaaron taraf phele hue hain!

On another note, Indian Railways is close to my heart. Therefore out of jingoism I follow news about Pakistan Railways also. In the period from 2009-2014, there was nothing but negative news about Pak Rail. The entire system had collapsed, their Chinese made engines were not working, they had less than 2 dozen working engines etc and terrorists would blow up tracks on a monthly basis. Almost no trains were running.

Since 2014, they have been putting out positive news which I find very hard to believe. They are posting claims of a turnaround, new trains etc. What's the source of this? Turning around any state owned company like Railways will take not less than a decade even for a competent government. Where can one get the real picture?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shaktimaan wrote:Where can one get the real picture?
Hopefully on BRF onlee.

Here is an image from today's Dawn. Apparently Pakistani women are now driving pink autorickshaws in Lahore

You know damn well that this image is a propagandu ploy. Look at that woman auto driver. But thewest will belioeve it
1. Pakistan
2. Pink for girls
3. Women with faces uncovered in western clothes
4. Seen out in the open doing ordinary jobs

The Pakistani state is run by the army and a bunch of elite who put out propaganda that hides reality and highlights fiction.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Jhujar wrote:
Canadian and Amreekan. There was no Indian AFAIk. That canadian Sikh Prof is affiliated with this Paki Pagalkhana friend of Rumi. He aint Indian in body, mind or soul.

http://sadew.org/wp/
I didn't ask either Pritpal Singh nor Amitabh Pal their nationality. I just guessed based on their looks and their narrative experiences that they are Indian (probably naturalized US citizens, or as you point out Canadian).

I knew Amitabh Pal from my many years of living in NJ/NY area and this guy was regular at SAJA, although when I asked him, even he seems to have fallen out, my guess is he is so WKK and anti-capitalist (he is editor of some ultra idealistic progressive BS :-)) that even SAJA would be to his right :-). Very nice bubbly guy, but like many Hindu WKKs, he suffers from this acute complex where he believes "we" meaning Hindus (although he is conditioned to say Indians for PC reasons) must be so perfect no matter what, and everything else will fall in place. Unfortunately, while this might be a good mantra at an individual level, it doesn't work at a level when Hindu civilization is under attack. Thus, with the complex reality that is mother India, he can pick and chose from the so many issues she is grappled with to completely overlook what TSP and others do to India and only focus on India's faults. And this is exactly what TSP does and WKKs doing the same suits them just fine. So yes, A-GuptaJi is right, can't take this guy seriously.

Now, while I didn't sense an overt anti-Indianess in this Sikh prof, but he sure did come across as a a tad suspicious, talking about India TSP tensions and "effect on Sikhs", as though Sikhs are somehow an independent entity. And while he focused on trade and economics, and when he did dwell on tensions, it was India TSP equal equal. In other words, looking at India as an outsider, he (or was it Amitabh pal) even quoted Uneven about 100-year war. Once again, a minor entity who did not offer any insight.

If I can control my anger, then this Kashmiri Prof from univ of Oklahoma is someone I can exchange views with and learn. She is the kind of person I would think would a good interlocutor in conflict resultions, someone whose views you detest, but can air and discuss differences in a civilized manner. But then again, I don't know too much about her. When I told her that her uncle Faroo Abdullah is an Indian nationalist, she said he will be glad to hear that. Don't know what she meant.
mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

CRamS wrote:
Prasad wrote:Too bad I got to hear about this 'aman ki tamasha' natak too late. Could've asked some like-minded friend to attend and ask some innocent questions. Read for much hilarity - https://twitter.com/ProjPak
Sample -
Prasad, I was at there at the event. Were you there too? It was a total waste of time, had my blood boil to the hilt. As with all such piss-nik meets, its India did this India did that and India Pak India Pak. TSPians love to talk about India India India, instead of the crap they are perpetrating against their neighbors. The 2 Indian panelists were staid with one of them who had nothing to say except bhaichara, and the other like a typical WKK clown, joined the TSP panelists to bash India.

Only two points to report:

1. That Raza Rumi dude is a typical TSP RAPE with "liberal" facade. He spoke about 26/11, but guess what? His outrage was only against Indian media for whipping up anti-TSP sentiment. I was aghast. And during the Q&A a session I pointedly asked how come no revulsion at the gory act of 26/11, but so much outrage at the justifiable Indian media reaction? And to put him on the spot, I drew an analogy to help the Americans who came understand my anger, Raza Rumi's harping on Indian media reaction post 26/11 is tantamount to pointing a finger at US anger post 9/11, and not at those who perpetrated 9/11 itself. He and the other Paki, Bina Sarwar (who was a tad more reasonable) were mighty pissed off with me after the event. I said kiss my arse. Although as I said this Bina chic was definitely apologetic for 26/11. And she categorically told me that TSPA will never do anything about 26/11 because their role will be exposed.

2. There was a Univ of Oklahoma Prof, grand daughter of Sheikh Abdullah. She had somewhat of a phony Brit accent, but while I detested most of her views, she did hold TSP accountable for perpetrating terror. She was pretty congenial to talk to, and has a good sense of humor. She endorsed MMS and MushRat's 4-point formula, although she attributes that to Vajpayee. I told her joint sovereignty will be a non starter in India, and I said at best, at some very distant time in the future, when TSP is throttled so they can't send in their pigLeTs to create harakiri, India might consider some form of autonomy, for e.g., which day of the week they can collect garbage and stuff like that. She laughed, and said that no matter what "us Kashmiris" have to be involved. One of my Kashmir Pandit friend was there, and it was pity that none of these piss-niks spoke about their plight. The Pakis of course were there with the usual "700000000000... Indian troops raping and killing yada yada". The Prof countered them and said they are accountable for infusing pigLeTs.

BTW: I went back several pages, but I recall someone posted dis-tasteful twitter images by a Paki mocking ModiJi's visit to Silcon Valley, by showing destitute hungry kids "happy" that they will get WiFi. Weren't those tweets by this Rumi dude or somebody else?
I think it was paracha who did those pictures.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

shiv wrote:
Hopefully on BRF onlee.

Here is an image from today's Dawn. Apparently Pakistani women are now driving pink autorickshaws in Lahore

You know damn well that this image is a propagandu ploy. Look at that woman auto driver. But thewest will belioeve it
1. Pakistan
2. Pink for girls

The Pakistani state is run by the army and a bunch of elite who put out propaganda that hides reality and highlights fiction.
Of course it is a propagandu thing! Here is the original article on this.

Code: Select all

http://yumtoyikes.com/2015/10/10/coca-cola-copied-pink-rickshaw-initiative-tepf/
It is the same woman "Zar Aslam", coincidentally wearing the same set of her Western pants standing in front of a great looking house in Lahore, I think. So a well to do RAPE-oldie decides to do some social-work, drives around her house once with her relatives in the back of the auto-rickshaw, and then claims in the name of Pakistan that all the Pakistani women are now liberated.

At the most, this may be used in some kammandu defence colonies which are fenced to allow people to more speedily move around in the colony! I don't think this auto-rickshaw with a woman driver would really come out on the open streets of any place in Pakistan and that too on any large scale.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRS, I appreciate you for going to such discussions/meetings and asking pointed questions. May your tribe increase.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote: When I told her that her uncle Faroo Abdullah is an Indian nationalist, she said he will be glad to hear that. Don't know what she meant.
Because not many think, including me, he is. She is aware of that and so she was surprised to hear that from you, of all people.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Try To Do = = With Modi-ji's "Make In-India Slogan" :mrgreen:
Pakistan for more preferential access to Chinese market
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has urged China to revive preferential treatment to ‘Made in Pakistan’ under the second phase of the free trade agreement (FTA), a senior official told Dawn on Saturday.
Apart from some cotton yarn, miscellaneous hides and skins, what possible items can the Pakis sell to Chini- blothers ?
China entered into several bilateral and regional FTAs, which blunt Pakistan’s edge in the biggest market in the world.
“We have told China that market access has been eroded as it awarded the same status to others,” the official said.
China charges 3.5 per cent duty on import of yarn from Pakistan under the FTA. However, now the same duty rate is applied on Indian yarn. :mrgreen:
Are the Pakis taken for a ride by their new "sugar daddy" :mrgreen:
“We have urged China to make adjustments to revive Pakistan’s advantage,” the official added.
Pakistan mainly exports raw materials and intermediate products such as cotton yarn, woven fabric, grey fabric etc. Value added products were missing. Some of the value added products like garments are included in the concessionary regime.
Pakistan’s major exports to China include cotton yarn/fabric, rice, raw hides and skins, crude vegetable material, chemical material, fish and fish preparations and crude minerals, etc.
Crude minerals- code words for rare earth from the disputed region of POK
Major imports from China are machinery (all sorts) and its parts, manufactured fertiliser, chemical element, yarn and thread of synthetic fiber, iron and steels, chemical material and product, vegetable and synthetic textile fiber, road vehicles and parts, non-ferrous metals, tyres and tubes of rubber etc.
And countless other items which due to space restraints cannot be listed here :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

India did not allow Samjhota Express: Pakistan Railways
LAHORE (Staff Report) – The Samjhota Express could not leave for Delhi on Saturday and is expected not to leave again on Monday because of India’s refusal to allow its entry on the pretext of security.
Read more : India blocks Samjhauta Express at Wagah Border fearing attack
A spokesman of Pakistan Railways told media that a message received from Indian authorities has described that security inside India was the reason for cancellation of the train’s operation.
Meanwhile, Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique has said that India did not received forty passengers of Samjhota Express in which few passengers were Indian citizens.
He said Indian citizens would be sent to India today through buses.
Train not allowed,music program cancelled; Baloch politician in India;robust response to LOC violations; slowly and surely a distinct shift in Paki policy is definitely underway; wonder what is next ? :mrgreen:
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridhar wrote:CRS, I appreciate you for going to such discussions/meetings and asking pointed questions. May your tribe increase.
Thx boss for the compliment. What pains me is that whenever I go to such events, and believe me, I have been to several, I don't understand why Indians are so coy to speak up for the crimes committed by TSP, and instead allow the India TSP equal equal narrative to be the dominant theme.

I guess what happens is that in these kinds of events, everyone, from TSP RAPE, to gora bahadurs, to Indians on the panel, they obsess about India's faults so much (heck even the shameful Dadri slaughter of a Muslim man came up yesterday; WTF has that got to do with India TSP tensions), that most of the Indians in the audience are feel ashamed.

Now, I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but the true test of one's Indian pride is to stand up during times like this, and take a stand even if you are dismissed as a "Hindu extremist" and laughed at. One pompous American woman and an African American student all but called me that yesterday. My hitting out at Raza Rumi struck a raw nerve, especially when I drew the 9/11 analogy because that hit home the anger of us Indians and clearly contrasted with TSP perfidy. (they asked me to apologize to Raza Rumi).

But as long as the TSP RAPE like Raza Rumi talk "piss" BS and how Indian media is fueling tensions, then the colonial bahadurs can sit and nod their heads in approval about how much India & TSP have in common but 2 like juveniles they squabble, and most of the examples given as symptoms of this never ending squabble are from India, which may have an indirect bearing, but have the effect of completely blanketing out TSP crimes, the actual source of the discord.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSJi, not directly related to this thread, but these are the kinds of Indians that I have to confront when I go to events in US

http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/you-can-cal ... ar-1230705
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Journo Plays Devil's Advocate On Kashmir Question
Pakistan's 'Truth' On Kashmir Is Mostly Argumentative
You know, I struggle with the truth. Is this most sacred of human constructs majoritarian, historical or divine? If it is all three, is there a golden ratio between them that makes some truths universal? Also, how does this truth triangle apply to the Kashmir issue bedeviling India and Pakistan?
For starters, Pakistan's "truth" on Kashmir is absolutely majoritarian. The "Dushman Hindustan" (Nemesis India) narrative is the national gospel and any political rhetoric wrapped around the "Kashmir banega Pakistan" (Pakistan will conquer Kashmir) chant preaches to packed crowds.
...Since 1947, the government has carefully brainwashed us to believe that Pakistan had a parallel history of its own for centuries before partition. This "Muslim" version of the Indian subcontinent implies Pakistan was always here, they just called it the Mughal Empire back then.
Maharaja Hari Singh of Kashmir opted to mull his options before joining either country. His decision infuriated Pakistan's founding father Mohammed Ali Jinnah, who was convinced somehow that all Muslim-majority areas (princely or otherwise) would become part of Pakistan. No such clause existed in the Indian Independence Act.
Regrettably, Jinnah, a singular legal talent, then abandoned his lifelong devotion to the fine print. By sending a Pashtun tribal militia across the border into Kashmir, he forced Hari Singh's hand. The panicked Maharaja quickly ran to India for help and signed the Instrument of Accession, thereby formalizing his state's entry into the Indian federation.
The comedy of errors did not end here either. If Jinnah shot future Pakistan in the foot by trying to conquer Kashmir, India's socialist leader Nehru returned the favor by taking Kashmir to the UN Security Council. There he ran into a brick wall named the Cold War. America, the newly minted global sheriff and custodian of Christian capitalist values, suspected socialism was the gateway drug to ungodly Bolshevism.
Unsurprisingly, then, there was little sympathy for India's position and pro-Pakistan resolutions on Kashmir piled on from 1948 to 1971. It was only after the Soviet Union took India under its wings and started using the UNSC veto in the 1960s that the latter got some breathing room. However, this also meant that hitherto non-aligned India entered the Cold War on the Soviet side. This was not a particularly happy arrangement, as the recently declassified CIA report from 1985 confirms.
The implementation of the resolutions were predicated on the unconditional withdrawal of Paki troops from territory called the so-called AJK; this fine print was never was, and still is being suppressed from the Aam Abduls of Pakiland; most likely, even this so -called journalist has chosen to ignore it !
Nevertheless, an unfortunate byproduct of the Two-Nation Theory was that it wrongly imbibed a warrior-of-faith complex in the Pakistani populace. This led to the public being more passionate about the perils of Muslims abroad instead of focusing their energies on building Pakistan. Both Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and Gen. Zia-ul-Haq expertly used pan-Islamism to start ultimately pointless wars.
Pakistan, after all, exists for all the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent and nowhere does it say that 1947 was the cutoff point on immigration. Also, considering the 65% voter turnout in the 2014 assembly elections, it seems the majority of Kashmiris have already made peace with living under India.
So what if the separatists have to leave their ancestral lands and homes behind? Did 8 million Muslim refugees not cross over into Pakistan from India in 1947, penniless and without shelter? All for a better life. Surely the Hurriyat leaders and partisans don't think they are better than the original Muhajirs?
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

The India-Pakistan border is so closely guarded that it can be seen from space
Late last month, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) Earth Observatory shared a nighttime image of the international border that divides India and Pakistan.
Amid countless dots and some larger blobs of yellow, the border between the two countries can be seen as a distinct, brightly-lit orange line—thanks to the security lights that run the length of the boundary.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Even though border is well lit, there must be many gaps, and hence terrorists are slipping through. The only way to block these gaps is to use sensors, backed by automatic weapons connected to the sensors. Also cameras with feed into nearest army camps, drones - preferably armed etc. And most importantly a network of informers on both sides.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

^^ Indeed, Internet-of-Things must be deployed along the LoC :-).
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

CRamS wrote:
SSridhar wrote:CRS, I appreciate you for going to such discussions/meetings and asking pointed questions. May your tribe increase.
Thx boss for the compliment. What pains me is that whenever I go to such events, and believe me, I have been to several, I don't understand why Indians are so coy to speak up for the crimes committed by TSP, and instead allow the India TSP equal equal narrative to be the dominant theme.

I guess what happens is that in these kinds of events, everyone, from TSP RAPE, to gora bahadurs, to Indians on the panel, they obsess about India's faults so much (heck even the shameful Dadri slaughter of a Muslim man came up yesterday; WTF has that got to do with India TSP tensions), that most of the Indians in the audience are feel ashamed.
I think SDREs need to show some Chunkian-ness. I attended one such event of some random Karachi Mayor Abdul (this was 2-3 years back) talking about India-Pak piss. One Spirited SDREs brought up terrorism, and was dismissed as "hawk holding extremist view". Another AMonkeyAyesha SDRE stood up and listed a whole bunch of "oppression" (including some random land acquisition in West Bengal? I forget what) done by India and was much applauded.

I wanted to make some sarcastic terrorism jokes and had to downhill ski looking at the mood of the audience.

See you need to understand three things about these events. (1) They exist to encourage a certain set of people holding a certain set of views (2) They exist to impose a "top down" solution by convincing a few opinion makers (3) They try to influence the media to spread a certain narrative.

This is what you are fighting against. Anyway, back to the story. After downhill skiing, instead when my turn came I said something along the lines of (I dont remember what exactly, but I wrote down what I wanted to say, revised it a few times and produced a decent draft) "Most Indians are very politically aware and active. For durable peace ordinary people have to be convinced. Everyone from Mumbai I know has had someone killed in the attacks there. Everyone in the armed forces I know lost someone or other in Kargil. We may argue that small amount of terrorism is okay, talks can go hand in hand, but how to you propose to convince those billion plus people who are going to elect the next government in India? For durable peace, terrorism needs to stop. No talks till terror ends is not an idea which was invented by a few opinion makers, it is a the opinion of most of the country. How do you propose to change that political reality through meetings like these?"

See that question had an IED. Answering that means that Pakis accept they conduct terrorism. It also means that these meetings are nothing but a whitewashing attempt at condoning terrorism. Saying Pakis dont conduct terrorism would be hilarious. Saying terrorism is justified would have invited a supplementary question from me pointing out that it is the same attitude that prevents peace, thinking terrorism is okay and India should talk, about which ordinary people arent convinced.

See the point is most people flinch when you call a spade a spade (I posted about that piskology somewhere). Indians especially, cannot bring themselves to call evil as evil. Bring up anything: Hitler, Stalin or Vlad the impaler and you get this response "Maybe he had a difficult childhood. Maybe missus had picked up a fight". Getting through to SDREs and the rest of the world through cold logic is someone else's (futile) job. Our job should be to do that finger-something something-ghee.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

CRamS wrote:SSJi, not directly related to this thread, but these are the kinds of Indians that I have to confront when I go to events in US

http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/you-can-cal ... ar-1230705
OT for this dhaaga. But still I have to explain. See there is a prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Let me tell you a story. The most influential exoplanets researcher, it has been revealed has been sexually molesting his students for about a couple of decades. Like putting his hands up undergrad ayesha's shirt types and persistently trying to get graduate students to his room types. This Muj is a nobel prize candidate. So I am on some mailing list or other, which discusses such Mullah-Talib issues. One motorma in her early 20s writes a 5 page long email "How could his students have been silent? It is all their fault!! If one of them had spoken out, they could have prevented such a thing from happening to other people".

Now how do you even begin to answer this motorma? That 90% of people in domestic abuse and violence type situations choose to stay in that situation and not walk out? Surely things arent that simple: There is something to do with power differential and feeling of helplessness that causes people to stay silent.

I could have written an email back, I chose not to. Sometimes it is not worth your time talking to idiots who dont even have the ability to understand what you are saying and cure their idiocy. It is like your bucket is empty and the mug you have to fill it up has the bottom missing. Whats the point taking that person to a river?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Anujan ji,

I very much commend your approach, however it is extremely difficult for jingo abduls regardless of how eloquent he may be to keep his urges and instincts under control and start doing subtle psychotherapy. That control is a skill only the rare jingo can muster.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Kasuri May Face "Ghulam Ali" Treatment In Mumbai According To Paki Paper :mrgreen:

Shiv Sena demands cancellation of Kasuri's book launch in India
Hindu right-wing Shiv Sena called on Sunday for the cancellation of former Pakistani foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri’s book launch event in Mumbai.

Shiv Sena leader Ashish Chemburkar warned the management of the convention centre where the book launch is scheduled to take place on October 12 against holding the event.

In a letter, Chemburkar warned the director of Nehru Planetarium, according to IBN Live.
The people at Nehru Planetarium where the event is scheduled, told us they will try to cancel it,” Chemburkar said.

“We have informed them that we will disrupt the event if it is not cancelled,” he added.

The demand comes days after the Hindu right wing party cancelled ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali’s concert in the Indian cities of Mumbai and Pune.

The event’s organiser, the Observer Research Foundation Mumbai, approached Maharsahstra Chief Minister Devndra Fadnavis to provde “adequate security” for Kasuri in case of an untoward incident.

Kasuri is set to launch his book titled ‘Neither a Hawk nor a Dove: An Insider’s Account of Pakistan’s Foreign Policy’ at Nehru Centre, Mumbai
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

shiv wrote:
Hopefully on BRF onlee.

1. Pakistan
2. Pink for girls

Showed pic to my SHQ. From a S.European viewpoint her observation was in exact line with what Shiv piskoed.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

I second that. Thanks for being brave to put yourself in a position were you could have been ejected from the meeting. Voices need to be raised against these lies that are being perpetrated in the U.S by the paki scum.

I also agree that Abdullah is on Indian side.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

A_Gupta wrote:Prepared to have your mind boggled!

This is World Bank Data.
Here is the page:
http://econ.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERN ... 83,00.html

What is mind-boggling?
According to the World Bank, remittances from Pakistan to India in 2014 amounted to US $ 4.697 billion.
(i.e., by my estimate that is approximately 2% of Pakistan's GDP). In comparison remittances from Oman to India amounted to US $3.471 billion. Remittances from India to Pakistan amounted to US $2.061 billion.

All the data they have
2014 Pakistan-to-India: $4.697 billion, India-to-Pakistan: $2.061 billion
2013 Pakistan-to-India: $4.669 billion, India-to-Pakistan: $1.767 billion
2012 Pakistan-to-India: 0 (yes, zero), India-to-Pakistan: $2.189 billion
2011 Pakistan-to-India: 0, India-to-Pakistan: $1.916 billion
2010 Pakistan-to-India: 0, India-to-Pakistan: $1.505 billion

---
The most reasonable explanation is that the World Bank employed its first Pakistani employee in this remittances estimating division before the 2013 report was released; and the World Bank data is therefore 400% reliable.

The second explanation that this is payment for exports from India masquerading as remittances to families.

The third explanation is that this is capital flight from Pakistan disguised as remittances to families.

PS:
A fourth explanation is that Indians in the Gulf started using a Pakistani hawala channel to send remittances to India, so money goes Gulf-->Pakistan-->India. If that is the case, Pakistan's incoming money should show a $4.7 billion jump in 2013 as well. Remittances to Pakistan totaled $14.010 billion in 2012, and $14.626 billion in 2013, and so this incoming cannot be marked as "remittances", it has to be in some other account.

PPS: A fifth explanation to me is this is the inflowing fake Indian currency manufactured in Pakistan.
@A_Gupta- The fourth could be a possible answer. Will have to check it out, but what I learned from a few Paki employees that they are exempt from a lot of the remittance charges about USD 4 per remittance that Indians have to pay to send money back. Therefore it could well be that some of the money changers/ exchanges. banks are routing money in 2 stages to save costs. Would be interesting to find what are the remittance charges from Pakistan to India. Let me see if I can dig anything up.

P.P.S. How can FICN be sent as remittance? Don't understand it fully if someone could elucidate.
Last edited by Mukesh.Kumar on 11 Oct 2015 21:43, edited 1 time in total.