The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc)

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kit
BRF Oldie

Re: The Levant crisis.(Israel,SYRIA,Lebanon,etc)

Post by kit »

If USA supplys TOWs to the ISIS ..what if the Russians supply some Igla s to Assad s beleaguered troops ?!

now how would that pan out ?!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kit wrote:If USA supplys TOWs to the ISIS ..what if the Russians supply some Igla s to Assad s beleaguered troops ?!

now how would that pan out ?!!!
TOWs are anti-tank useful against Syrian tanks. Not super power confrontation.

Iglas are anti-aircraft. Useful against US aircraft. Will lead to super power confrontation.

Besides Syrians have Iglas/SAMs etc.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

There are so many TOWs around that the Iranians can probably buy some from the Pakis and give them to the Houthis. I think it will be nice if a few hundred anti-tank mijjiles came into Yemen and KSA across Yemen border and gave the KSA something to think about. Most KSA types would probably run and leave the tanks to be turned around and used as artillery.

Or the Iraqi Army may have some left over, that were not handed over to the ISIS at Mosul or Ramadi.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

PUTIN DOESN'T HAVE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION, NOT AS SMART AS BO: CIA DIRECTOR
Putin is "winging this," Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told CNN Thursday in an exclusive interview.

Clapper said Putin was "very impulsive and opportunistic" as he increased Russian support for close ally President Bashar al-Assad in Syria's roiling civil war.
"I personally question whether he has some long-term strategy or whether he is being very opportunistic on a day-to-day basis," Clapper told CNN's Jim Sciutto. "And I think his intervention into Syria is another manifestation of that."
When asked if Putin had a plan for Syria, Clapper said Putin didn't.
"What his long term plan is, I'm not sure he has one," Clapper said. "I think he is kind of winging this day to day."
I feel so relieved that the US is led by such smart ppl... 8)
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Earlier Russia asked US to either prove or deny the allegation that Russia attacked hospital. Response is below :rotfl:

US cites ‘press reports’ & secret ‘operational data’ as proof of Russia striking Syrian hospitals - Oct 30, 2015

This report in IRNA calls out like it is:

The Western media has only two tools. One is the outrageous lie. This overused tool no longer works, except on dumbshit Americans.
The other tool used by presstitutes is to discuss a problem with no reference to its causes. Yesterday I heard a long discussion on NPR, a corporate and Israeli owned propaganda organ, about the migrant problem in Europe. Yes, migrants, not refugees.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

UlanBatori wrote:PUTIN DOESN'T HAVE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION, NOT AS SMART AS BO: CIA DIRECTOR
Putin is "winging this," Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told CNN Thursday in an exclusive interview.

Clapper said Putin was "very impulsive and opportunistic" as he increased Russian support for close ally President Bashar al-Assad in Syria's roiling civil war.
"I personally question whether he has some long-term strategy or whether he is being very opportunistic on a day-to-day basis," Clapper told CNN's Jim Sciutto. "And I think his intervention into Syria is another manifestation of that."
"What his long term plan is, I'm not sure he has one," Clapper said. "I think he is kind of winging this day to day."
Putin Dumb Obama Smart ( DIA Estimates 2015-16 ) 100 % Hallal onleeee

Any DIA estimates on Janet Yellen , Is she BO or Putin in making :((
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

bulk of reports & eyewitness says syrians already have s300 but it's radars aren't switched on/deployed yet because russians have asked them to wait for a bit.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

habal wrote:bulk of reports & eyewitness says syrians already have s300 but it's radars aren't switched on/deployed yet because russians have asked them to wait for a bit.
No , Syria has no S-300 at all just SA-11 BUKM2 and Pantisyr SA-22 both are modern.

Beyond that they have older modernised SA-3 Pechora-M and older SA-13 , 9 ,8 6 etc

Even the Russians havent deployed S-300 SAM there in its air base.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

russians do not need s300, because they are covered by s300F on moskva. the syrians havr s300 but it isn't deployed yet. there are too many eyewitness reports from latakia of those s300 with their giant tubes mounted on 8X8 trucks.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

these would only be useful to score a few hits if turkey or israel attacked them, but with russia around , even israel is treading very cautiously and has disappeared from syrian skies.

a tiger or a grizzly bear just walks into a room quietly and says or does nothing...but their presence itself changes the whole dynamics for rest of occupants. thats raw power :lol:

all nice and cuddly..go on , run around and kick its behind :lol:
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:PUTIN DOESN'T HAVE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION, NOT AS SMART AS BO: CIA DIRECTOR

Putin Dumb Obama Smart ( DIA Estimates 2015-16 ) 100 % Hallal onleeee

Any DIA estimates on Janet Yellen , Is she BO or Putin in making :(([/quote]

Read ..the honorable director is saying " I have no idea what Putin is doing .. and where this is all going " ..all the rest is yankee talk
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Singha wrote:these would only be useful to score a few hits if turkey or israel attacked them, but with russia around , even israel is treading very cautiously and has disappeared from syrian skies.

a tiger or a grizzly bear just walks into a room quietly and says or does nothing...but their presence itself changes the whole dynamics for rest of occupants. thats raw power :lol:
even the american aircraft carrier left along with its bucket load of fighterbombers !
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

kit wrote:
Singha wrote:these would only be useful to score a few hits if turkey or israel attacked them, but with russia around , even israel is treading very cautiously and has disappeared from syrian skies.

even the american aircraft carrier left along with its bucket load of fighterbombers !
Did the US aircraft carrier leave for exercise Malabar or it went out for other reasons.?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

habal wrote:russians do not need s300, because they are covered by s300F on moskva. the syrians havr s300 but it isn't deployed yet. there are too many eyewitness reports from latakia of those s300 with their giant tubes mounted on 8X8 trucks.
There were even rumours of S-300 in India some one saw the S-300 tubes etc but its hearsay
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

I distinctly recall reading an instance when someone asked question to Putin that ISIS does not have aircrafts so why deploy S300 type system in Syria and he answer was "it is there for other purpose."
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

the rodina is very fierce and frightening. we in the US are paralyzed in awe and agog in amazement......

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... al-n454506

don't worry, we will never use our javelinskis or stingerinskis.

we will however probably use our obsolete f-16skis which i am sure Vlad will shoot them all down.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^^ Rep. Mac Thornberry, chair of the House Armed Services Committee, said the expected announcement made clear the White House was feeling the pressure of a "failed policy" against ISIS.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10 ... inst-isis/

if the US is really serious about going after ISIS from the east, it will be interesting to watch...shades of the race across germany to grab land, nazi technology, and nazi leaders/scientists with useful skills.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

one needs to get nuance around 'special forces' (if at all the news is not a lie)....it means more battle hardened terrorists from other parts of the world and no doubt to compliment ISIS (not fighting ISIS). They need to create a perception that they are doing something and are on the good side as people in US are accustomed to taking it in the mouth and swallowing every bit of 'news'.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"they are there for another reason".
Interesting. I tend to doubt that either BO or his successor will want an all-out war with Russia. And Russia certainly cannot afford to be at war with US. So there are going to be expanding 'no-conflict agreements' between US-Russia. Also, Putin and Nut&Yahoo share good wishes for the well-being of the various Islamic Republics.

Which leaves two other "reasons": One flies F-16s, the other flies F-15s. What is the range from, say, Latakia or Aleppo to Riyadh and to Istanbul?

What the persistent drop in oil prices does, is to increase the cushion for a price shock. If KSA-based oil is no longer vital to keep the world running, is it important whether KSA ships oil or not, for say, 1 year? Will the price top $5/gallon? Does Putin care?

Following that train.. once Latakia/Aleppo etc have Blackjack/ other heavy bombers, and there is a 1-week campaign against KSA airbases such as Prince Bandar, how long can the regime remain in the face a few days of concentrated Blackjack visits over Riyadh? Note that the Russians are now sustaining 70-90 sorties per day. Once the immediate threat to airbases is over and the bases are well-stocked and well-defended, they may be able to sustain the 300 per day that they said they plan. At some point the ISIS/Flee Syrian targets will be exhausted - what do 300 / day do to KSA?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Read ..the honorable director is saying " I have no idea what Putin is doing .. and where this is all going " ..all the rest is yankee talk

And at the same time Amrika says "Russia is not a superpower anymore" :(( :((
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if at all talks are in progress to bring peace to syria, and with the bear beating up moderate rebels in the west it becomes necessary for US to put its allies in the east into a better position in terms of territory by beating up ISIS and carving out some land holdings for its sunni tribe and peshmerga allies.

that might be why the new sort of coalition is tasked to directly attack raqqa and squeeze the isis.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Earlier Russia asked US to either prove or deny the allegation that Russia attacked hospital. Response is below :rotfl:

US cites ‘press reports’ & secret ‘operational data’ as proof of Russia striking Syrian hospitals - Oct 30, 2015

This report in IRNA calls out like it is:

The Western media has only two tools. One is the outrageous lie. This overused tool no longer works, except on dumbshit Americans.
The other tool used by presstitutes is to discuss a problem with no reference to its causes. Yesterday I heard a long discussion on NPR, a corporate and Israeli owned propaganda organ, about the migrant problem in Europe. Yes, migrants, not refugees.
Salam to V.K.Singh :mrgreen:
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

UlanBatori wrote:"they are there for another reason".
Interesting. I tend to doubt that either BO or his successor will want an all-out war with Russia. And Russia certainly cannot afford to be at war with US. So there are going to be expanding 'no-conflict agreements' between US-Russia. Also, Putin and Nut&Yahoo share good wishes for the well-being of the various Islamic Republics.

Which leaves two other "reasons": One flies F-16s, the other flies F-15s. What is the range from, say, Latakia or Aleppo to Riyadh and to Istanbul?

What the persistent drop in oil prices does, is to increase the cushion for a price shock. If KSA-based oil is no longer vital to keep the world running, is it important whether KSA ships oil or not, for say, 1 year? Will the price top $5/gallon? Does Putin care?

Following that train.. once Latakia/Aleppo etc have Blackjack/ other heavy bombers, and there is a 1-week campaign against KSA airbases such as Prince Bandar, how long can the regime remain in the face a few days of concentrated Blackjack visits over Riyadh? Note that the Russians are now sustaining 70-90 sorties per day. Once the immediate threat to airbases is over and the bases are well-stocked and well-defended, they may be able to sustain the 300 per day that they said they plan. At some point the ISIS/Flee Syrian targets will be exhausted - what do 300 / day do to KSA?
U.S. greenlights sale of 600 Patriot missiles to Saudi Arabia

http://fortune.com/2015/08/01/u-s-patri ... di-arabia/

dang them Americanskis with their Patriotskis!

Apparently Obama is poo-pooing on Vlad's chessboard.......
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That was just a move out of Turkey. Because if you look at reports right around the time the Bear-strikes started, you'll see that the Patriots were almost completely out of Turkey, but they were scrambling like crazy to get the last of them out.

KSA has had Patriots since Saddam-1, back in 1990, hey? Nothing new there. Patriots are nice missiles, but require operators who don't vamoose. And "sale" is not same as "US-(wo)manned" ( I once knew one of those Patriot Team Commanders..)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And remember that the Patriots can't distinguish between Scuds with concrete blocks for warheads, from jet fighters. So all it takes is 600 Hezbollah Specials to finish that inventory before COTUS can say: "Harrumph!!"
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Both US and German batteries of Patriot system were removed out of Turkey. Currently, only Spanish ones are active as per turkish reports.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Austin wrote:A good article on Guided and Unguided bombs used in Syrian conflict , the SVP-24 Navigation/Firecontrol upgrade on Su-24M aircraft allows Unguided Bomb to drop with accuracy of 20-24 meter which has proved very effective in Syria

The bulk of the goals in Syria affected unguided weapons used with high accuracy ( use translator )

http://vpk.name/news/143127_obekt_na_vyilet.html
From Google translate:
the bulk of the goals in Syria affected guided weapons, used with high accuracy
The latest Russian developments allow the use of gravity bombs with an accuracy corresponding to the best examples of the WTO. The average for the destruction of one object takes a little more than one sortie - 1.16. This is a very good result, considering the fact that precision weapons are used in Syria, Russia's air force is very limited. The primary means of destruction are unguided weapons systems - Nursi various caliber, and gravity bombs.
Civilian casualties are almost no (we can assume that they are, as militants of the "Islamic State" placed their facilities in towns and cities close to residential buildings). All this makes a particularly close look at the applicable Russian aircraft weapons. After action by US aircraft in similar circumstances in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, accompanied by significant civilian casualties. Especially great were the application of American air gravity bombs. And the flow of weapons, a technical resource per one defeats the purpose, is significantly higher than it is now at the Russian pilots in Syria. This is due to the fact that the traditional use of the free-fall bombs dispersion is very significant - the deviation of ammunition can range from 150 to 400 meters depending on the height of the discharge and the method call to the target aircraft. This means that the probability of a direct hit by a bomb in the small-sized target (ten by ten meters) is small and is at most half a percentage point. In view of the possible affected areas bomb of medium caliber (250 kg) of ground objects, partially protected in engineering terms, the likelihood of injury increases to two percent. Model strike aircraft, with a bomb load of four tons (16 bombs of 250 kg), is capable of hitting a secure underground facility with a probability of up to eight percent, and the ground, not having protection - with a probability of about 30 percent. Accordingly, for the destruction of a point object with an acceptable probability (0.6-0.8) requires a very decent outfit tactical (tactical, assault) aviation - from the managers of the four sides to one or two squadrons of the total composition of 12-24 cars. A defeat for the well-protected underground facilities gravity bombs need to plan for 70-80 or more sorties, as evidenced by the practice of combat employment of aviation in the military conflicts of the XX century, such as Vietnam. In addition, in this case the inevitable huge losses among the civilian population living near military facilities: near a radius of 150-400 meters from the target to fall and explode from 40-45 to 300 and 250-kilogram bombs, and the rest by the law will fall scattering even further. Hardly any of the civilians in the area survive.
The bomb - a fool, sight - well done
"With 12-16 bombs of medium and large caliber, equipped with a system SVP-24, Su-24M is able to destroy the infrastructure of two point one flight of the Islamists"
Russian planes using gravity bombs average (250 kg) and large size (500 kg), solve the problem of destruction point is well protected objects (including underground) small forces - one or two planes. And this at a time when militants of the "Islamic state" for a long time under the blows of the US Air Force and NATO had to take steps to minimize their losses, one of which was the placement of objects of their infrastructure as much as possible within the residential area to hide behind civilians. Meanwhile, about any notable losses among him from the blows of the Russian aircraft has not yet been reported. Military experts attribute this to the fact that the majority directed to Syria Russian aircraft equipped with the latest domestic developments SVP-24. The idea forming the basis for this system is to ensure that no precise homing at the target munition, but the correct conclusion to the point of dumping them unguided weapons carrier. That our system is fundamentally different from the American concept of becoming a high-precision weapons conventional bombs - JDAM. US set to free-fall bomb kits that provide them guidance to the target according to the GPS. That has turned conventional bombs into manageable. It is clear that the cost of such a bomb is significantly increased (kit costs about 26 thousand dollars), although still significantly less than the full precision-guided munitions. SVP-24 provides alignment with the location of the target vehicle adjusted for the trajectory of the bomb, which is calculated on-board computing system based on hydro-meteorological conditions and its ballistics. Thus conventional munition productivity gains commensurate with precision weapons. The developers claim that the accuracy of bombing, even from a height of five to six kilometers away can be extremely high. Tests in field conditions were given standard deviation 250-500-pound bombs on target about four - seven meters. It is clear that in a war situation imposed additional factors, significantly reduces the accuracy of the bombing. It is above all the errors in determining the coordinates of the target, which can reach several meters. No completeness of the information and hydrometeorological conditions, the state of air quality in the target area. Additional error of several meters will support the definition of the place according to GLONASS in a combat zone. Coordinates somewhat distorted at sharp maneuvers in the target area. Taking into account all these factors, you can assess the accuracy of the combat use svobodnopadayuschie bombs using SVP-24 index of 20-25 meters. In this case, the probability of hitting a small-sized protected underground facility could reach 30-40 percent, and the probability of hitting poorly protected ground targets medium-sized and can reach 60 percent. This is sufficient to carry out highly accurate and reliable engagement objectives assigned limited staff strength: even for highly secure small objects is sufficient to apply three or four bombs, and poorly protected will be guaranteed already destroyed two ammunition. This area is close to the devastation of striking targets will not exceed a few tens of meters, which is comparable to the distance between individual buildings in a typical urban environment. Thus, having a 12-16 bombs of medium and large caliber, equipped with a system SVP-24, Su-24M is capable of destroying up to two point infrastructure Islamists in one sortie. Probably for this reason, for each affected object, on average, slightly more than one sortie (do not forget that the attack aircraft accompanied the aircraft to ensure, in particular fighters). The cost of ammunition compared with high-precision weapons and bombs, equipped with a set of JDAM, remains penny. In fairness, we note that the accuracy of the JDAM bomb hit will be higher - five - seven meters. That is, the probability of hitting even in protected underground facility reaches 70-80 percent. But this is not essential influence on improving the efficiency of air operations - for the vast majority of combat missions in Syria, such precision is redundant.
The smoke can not hide
Of particular note is that the impact of bombing using SVP-24 is only slightly dependent on the weather and visibility in the target area, since it is determined GLONASS system and the work aircraft systems. That is, if the target coordinates are reliable, shock protection setting smoke screens or other means of disguise, creating clutter is impossible. However, this system has disadvantages. The most important of which lies in its dignity - the requirement to accurately determine the coordinates of the target, and it correctly classified. This implies a dramatic increase in reaction time - from the moment of detection of the target to strike at it can take from an hour or two (depending on the distance of the target from the base airfield) to a day or more. Which limits the use of these weapons only stationary objects. Probably for this reason, with rare exceptions, our air force in Syria is working to destroy the infrastructure of the "Islamic state." However, the US Air Force in Syria and Iraq are also valid for the most part against similar purposes.
Halftone punch
In Syria, the Russian air force uses mostly standard high-explosive bombs of free fall caliber 250 and 500 kilograms, and special concrete-piercing bombs BETAB-500, including active-reactive with increased capacity to overcome obstacles - BETAB-500SHP. High-explosive bombs contain a large amount of explosives - from 150 to 350 kilograms, which provides a reliable target engagement. However, large-caliber explosive bombs have significant damage radius, so they are used in Syria against the relatively large size structurally solid objects located remotely from the urban areas. Concrete-bomb capable of punching up to three or four meters of concrete slabs (depending on the quality of the concrete), are used to destroy underground facilities specially protected. Basically this command centers of strategic and operational management level, as well as large stocks of weapons.
Eyed missile
Apart from gravity bombs in Syria and occasionally used precision-guided weapons. According to reliable sources in the Defense Ministry, during combat operations repeatedly used missiles "air-surface" X-29 and X-25, both with a laser, and a television guidance system. The main carriers of such weapons in Syria is the Su-34 and Su-25. Rockets family of X-29 with a starting weight of 660-680 kg warhead has a weight of 320 kilograms. Their range of fire - 10-15 km depending on the transparency of the atmosphere. Capture target seeker is made from under the wing of the aircraft, so after starting the vehicle can maneuver freely (if the application of missiles with laser homing an external source of illumination purposes), implementing the principle of "fire and forget." Maximum accuracy with a television homing missiles achieved by visually contrasting goals. For the application of laser homing required target illumination laser, which can be carried out from the media (in this case it will be to some extent constrained in maneuver until the moment the missile hitting the target must be in the area of ​​impact) or an external source, such as UAV. It provides a direct hit in a typical small-sized target (two to three meters) with a probability of 80 percent or more. The powerful high-explosive armor-piercing warhead at a speed of a missile in the target area of ​​350-400 meters per second provides virtually guaranteed to destroy it, even if it is protected by one and a half meters of concrete slabs. In this area adjacent to the target destruction of buildings does not exceed 10-15 meters. In Syria, the missiles are used to destroy a particularly protected objects located in dense urban areas, in order to avoid casualties among the local population.
Small missiles X-25, which also find use in Syria, has a launch weight of 300 kg warhead and from 86 to 136 kilograms. Recent modifications of this missile can be equipped with a tandem warhead, punching concrete floors up to a meter thick, providing a complete destruction of the object. The accuracy of - the same two or three meters deviation as that of X-29. Target Lock is also carried out under the wing of the vehicle, so the practical launch range is mainly limited to a range of GOS, which is in a clean atmosphere reaches 7-12 kilometers. High accuracy and a relatively small warhead allow the use of the X-25 in dense areas to destroy facilities located in close proximity to residential buildings without causing them serious damage.
If only they were all CABs
In addition to these samples, the Russian videoconferencing in Syria used to a limited extent guided aerial bombs. We know a few facts about the use of KAB-500L and KAB-500Kr. The first one has a laser guidance system, the second - television. Both powerful warheads weighing about 400 kilograms, containing a little less than 280 kilograms of explosives. The accuracy of hitting the target is four - nine meters - at the level of the best world standards. Reset may be performed from a height of 1,500 meters and to a practical ceiling of aircraft operations and tactical attack aircraft. Subject distance and height bomb release limited allowable flight speed and range of the carrier capture target homing (9 km). Chance of defeat even well-protected objects one such munition is 80-85 percent or more. The powerful warhead further increases the probability of destroying the target, however, and imposes restrictions on the use of such weapons in residential areas with dense buildings. Therefore, in Syria halftone CABs are used occasionally for hitting particularly robust facilities located away from residential buildings. In particular, according to reliable sources, just such bombs destroyed fortifications militants in the interests of the Syrian army offensive.
To strike at targets located in close proximity to civilian objects, our aircraft uses the latest development of the Russian defense industry - CC-250. In Syria, a bomb of this type are used with a control system, which provides guidance on stationary target according to GLONASS, like the American JDAM. However, our development has features. Firstly, it permits discharge at supersonic speed, which allows its separation from the carrier at a distance from the target in a few tens of kilometers, and provide high speed bomb of the area of ​​impact. Second, improved aerodynamic shape allowed to achieve higher accuracy of hitting the target, which is estimated at two to three meters. In combination with the relatively small warhead it allows the use of CC-250 on the targets located directly at the objects, the destruction of which is unacceptable for various reasons. For such surgical strikes the munition and is used today in Syria.
Precision-guided munitions systems television and laser guidance can attack mobile and stationary targets without carrying out detailed exploration well in advance. This allows efficient use of CABs to quickly identify sites and fortifications defense fighters.
Of particular note is that the used of Russian tactical weapons and attack aircraft allows our aircraft do not enter the zone of destruction of MANPADS militants. And it is possible to avoid the loss gives our aviation group in Syria
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The green pocket adjacent to Jordan border and golan heights in south Syria has finally been attacked yesterday by ruaf. So looks like they want that gone.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Satya_Anveshi ji,
Thanks for posting that video by Nikolai Starikov.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

US sends less than 50 special forces to advise 'moderate opposition' in Syria - White House

Not sure what advise these SF from US gives them but in past such advise didnt help much be it in Iraq or other places , Giving them some crash course training and sending them to fight wont help these moderate much as they just tend to assimilate or change over to the winning side when the going gets tough.

All they end up doing is selling those weapons they get from US and making some mulla.

ITs better to train those kurds they are much better bet than any other so called moderates which are just AQ or ISIS future recruits
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Check this awesome video of Mi-24 flying low and attacking the targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuLQ_sc-C4

The guys on the road who shot this video and other vehicle simply passes by as if its a routing day for them , Shows how much is the society affected by the conflict
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Austin wrote: US sends less than 50 special forces to advise 'moderate opposition' in Syria - White House
Syria still has UN recognized head of state. US, which is founding, veto carrying member of UN security council member, goes out of the way from established UN charter and militarily supports opposition. This is downright illegal.

Syrian govt is not asking for any US help so they are using the facade of supporting 'opposition.'

Earlier, Iraq said it does not need and has not asked for US support in fight against ISIS. Now, Iraqi coalition govt is threatened with loss of partner support and might fall at any time.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Russian TV: Exclusive footage of US military aid sent to ISIS and "moderate" terrorists in Syria
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Syria's War Battlefield Update for October 29, 2015
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Uploaded Oct 29, 2015
MUST-SEE US Senator questions Defense planners and reaches an interesting conclusion at the end of this vid:D
(folks in India having difficulty understanding accent, click CC to get subtitles)
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Ooooh! Thanks SA ji, keep them coming. Straight talking Senator there.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

He identifies only 3 parties having conviction to save Assad so the other 6 included in Vienna conf are doing sunni bidding. So, it is 6:3 in favor of terrorists (neutral facade of egypt will vamoose and so of Turkey).
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Sayta_Anveshi, I can't see the link to that video. Can you give me some pointers so that I can search for it myself.

Lots of good points by you BTW on this thread. Thanks.